Designers » R S » Woody Aromatic « Groups

9IX Rocawear for men
dislike

ozonic
9IX Rocawear for men Videos

The perfume 9IX by the brand Rocawear, their first perfume, was introduced with license of the house of Elizabeth Arden and it will be available from September 2008. The license by Arden includes both perfumes for men and women, as well as cosmetics and body care products. The perfume 9IX Rocawear is the first product in their cooperation.

The perfume 9IX was created with the house of International Flavors & Fragrances - IFF. Its top notes introduce coriander from Asia, mandarin, melon (cantaloupe), the heart includes lavender, geranium and suede, while the base encompasses golden amber, musk and timber wood.

The perfume is aimed at younger population, aged 18 to 34, esp. urban and modern Afro-Americans or multiethnic clients. Creators of the house of Elizabeth Arden say that they did not have an opportunity to communicate nor to create products for such clients in the last few years.

9IX arrives as 50ml (1.7oz) EDT and 100ml (3.4oz) EDT. The accompanying line includes fragrant bath in the amount of 250ml and 75ml deodorant.

Coriander Mandarin Orange Melon

Ed Hardy Hearts & Daggers for Him

9IX Fragrance Reviews

DrumMachine1986
DrumMachine1986

I have a 99.9% full of this if anyone is interested PM me.Got this one darn cheap and still am not very impressed, I mean its decent but something about it just isn't my cup of tea. Actually I find a lot of similarities between this one and Ed Hardy Hearts & Daggers. I find the same scents of tropical sweetness in there that just cannot seem to be concealed by the other ingredients! Not bad, but I wouldn't buy it again for sure, for the price tho its alright.

Mr. nose it all
Mr. nose it all

Some very little similarities with 1 million, fuel for life, and perhaps Hugo boss.. With a little varvatos vintage But far above the class as it is blended to perfection! I've been a cologne fanatic since I was 8 tho I do not have a collection on here bc I deem it pointless.. I would collect colognes, and I've probably have owned 100 bottles from creeds to bonds to Liz Claiborne, Clinique, issey miyake, paco rabbane, john varvatos, Carolina Herrera and the list is infinite. I've smelled about every cologne there is.. I would do research everyday and test as many as I could from ordering samples and visiting every shop around.. This is in fact the best bang for your buck cologne out there. Versatile Unique fun sophisticated mature young club office date summer winter it doesn't matter.. This is one of my all time favorites if not my favorite and I would buy 10 bottles if it was to ever discontinue. I'm not a marketer or whatever ppl do posting good reviews to sell.. I love great fragrances and this is extra extraordinary!
I wouldn't tell everyone my favorites bc it's so good I want it to myself but that's what were here for.. To share and I don't want it discontinued ever!

dmirror
dmirror

Nice year round fragrance it starts off kind of strong but then it settles down if your looking to buy this scent I'd say go for it I've owned it for a couple years now and it gets complimented when I wear it I actually knew about this fragrance when it came out but I didn't try it until I seen the little holiday gift set at Walgreen's for $20 came with a 1oz spray shower gel and aftershave balm the first time I wore it I got compliments from almost all the women at work so because it's so affordable I'll keep buying it until they stop making it this fragrance can be found online for a little of nothing surprisingly its a very good scent casual wear at work or just shopping it doesn't smell cheap or nothing like that 7/10 it'll surprise you

mfeezy
mfeezy

Very nice scent. It doesn't do much for me in terms of wow factor but it does smell good once you get past the opening blast. Paid $11.99 for it at Ross.

*UPDATE* - Returned it to Ross. Didn't do anything for me plusI decided it' a little to immature for me...

Ryanmmas26
Ryanmmas26

1 of the most unappreciated,under-rated frags out there. But its a blessing really because its caused the price to be very reasonable.

Just a fair warning though ! LET THIS COLOGNE SIT ON YOUR SKIN FOR AT LEAST 30 MINS. My experience with this was I bought this just to try something new and when I 1st sprayed this on I thought I bought an expired fragrance because it smelled really foul and kind of like decaying oranges. lol... Howewver after 20 mins that bitter orange smell dissipates and afterwards it becomes a very smooth,fresh,sexy scent thats very pleasing to the nose. Rocawear was another fragrance that after it dried down I knew it smelled good but I was very surprised with the compliments it brought. This is also a very good scent that blends well with body chemistry and is not overly strong so its perfect for if your looking for a cologne to use when workingg out.

Projection is average on this. You will have a nice scent bubble around you but people wont be able to smell you a long distance away.

Longevity is very good on this. The scent isnt very strong but lasts on my skin anyways anywhere from 8-12 hours.

Id give this a solid 8 out of 10 ! The most under rated frag I currently own

zaetown
zaetown

To me this scent was just quite nice and also my signiture scent back in 08-10, pretty much wore rhe whole 3.3oz bottle out, but boy did it ever get me noticed by pretty much everyone around me and women were drawn to me w this stuff on. It performed very well on my skin 8 plus hrs easy. People were always asking me what was I wearing all the time so maybe it just mixed so well with my skin better than any other fragrance I've ever worn so I'm thinking about another bottle since they are a lot cheaper now a days.

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

The sharp, peppery rush blends well with the fresh notes, especially in the dry down. At first it seems overbearing, but then it morphs into a pleasant melange of fruit, spice and herbs. Nice for the price, but nice for its bouquet, period.

Extol
Extol

This smells really nice. :) it is just average in terms of longevity, projection, and sillage, but that is all it needs. I personally feel it is more of a Spring/Summer scent but it is versatile in the sense that you can wear it during the day and at night. It's also a super safe work scent.

Also being moderately priced, you can't go wrong with this one. :)

Shoota#1
Shoota#1

Found this at Wal Greens for 5 bucks for 30 mill. Good scent with great longevity. Only wore this 2x. Good for the money. Smells spicy and aromatic for sure. Will keep this one for future use!

Fahl
Fahl

Normally I don't like melon fragrances. I hated Usher He.
Perhaps because the pineapple.
But this one, Rocawear 9 IX performed beyond any spectations in my skin.
A really nice musk and floral, not pronunciated fruit notes at all.
Long lasting, good sillage.
Performed better in my skin than L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme.
A very nice surprise.
I think it worth the money , 24 dolars.
It's a very good frangance to consider.

Musk based, melon and mandarin with amber & suede too!?!? Great notes...sounds like my wet dream!
Unfortunately the only thing that makes this one stand out is the peculiar and overly massive bottle.
Cheap and no real substance to this one, I found the fruity opening harsh and then nothing after that really.
I can understand the mention of Kenneth Cole Reaction and CK Escape but in my view they are both much better than this effort.
Cheap though.

nicvalentino1
nicvalentino1

Got this one because it was cheap but it just didn't sit well with me. Not completely horrid; I just have other options.

hsuru4u
hsuru4u

awesome fragrance...unique and gets compliments...warm, fresh and sweet a bit as well...not as great projection as i hope but for $15 i guess its ok.

vaibsankhla
vaibsankhla

Underrated Frag. age range 20s to mid 30s depending on your personality.

starts of citrusy, hint of melon.

If u enjoy musk you will enjoy this.
does smell a bit harsh after half an hour of spraying but that goes away within an hour. that maybe due to the musk+melon. (pungent note)

Majority of the time it just smells like sweet woody musk.
good for everyday wear. can give u headache if applied too much.

has qualities of a signature scent- very versatile, affordable, not many people use this, masculine. BUT I can not wear it everyday.

definitely a good alteratie to ur ADG, coolwater type scents in terms of longevity and projection.

Will last solid 4hrs of projection.

7/10 for me. casual wear and good for traveling due to packaging.

dmhorton
dmhorton

This is a really good scent. I cant say it has any real WOW factor or is anything truly groundbreaking but it serves its purpose...it smells good. I consider it a safe work scent. Its a scent ladies like but isnt a panty dropper in the likes of la nuit by YSL or Leau d'issey. I would give it a 7/10.

hullhockey91
hullhockey91

Pretty basic young man smell. Very fruity and musky masculine. Cant complain though I like it, nothing great.

Got it for 15 bucks for a 50 ml at ross. Probably wont buy again, but will use the full bottle.

tastetherainbow87
tastetherainbow87

Smell great!!!!!

nof1atw0rld
nof1atw0rld

This smell confuses me, it has an addictive smell, that is sexy and bold... it demands attention with a water pistol, it slithers into dreams and causes a psychological dependance. It is dangerous and innocent seeming... it stops women's critical judgement by placing it in a chokehold while rubbing her back and whispering into her ear. While women are left wondering it has charmed her and is kissing her neck... it causes women to follow you and come back... it makes her think about you and desire you... she'll ache to see you again and rip off your clothes. It causes lust in the mind... it is a scent to be worn confidently and with charisma... simply it is seductive and alluring and it keeps her thinking.

dutchschwag
dutchschwag

A blast of freshness that has just the right amount of spice, musk and fruit to leave the wearer intrigued by its originality. The opening explodes with cantaloupe and mandarin quickly toned down by a rather pronounced coriander spice that though it isn't really profoundly pleasant to sniff at first, adds a bit of grit to the mix and makes Rocawear IX less redundant from the common citric openings and far more intriguing to veterans and enthusiasts alike. It certainly owes something to CK Escape and Kenneth Cole Reaction as far as influences, but goes a much different direction after the melon, leaving the sweetness of Escape and Reaction in the dust for a more watery and transparent vibe like that of Polo Blue but less synthetic.
Using the cantaloupe in the top notes without grapefruit, mango or lemon is an interesting enough concept, certainly giving this some originality but it also leaves it a bit thin, aiding Rocawear 9IX in its quick descent into skin scent within 10-15 minutes of application. Still, 9 IX never completely recedes to the background, coming back in flashes as the musk, suede and woods creep into the mix. The middle note of lavender and geranium never really materialize in this one, giving the melon more breathing room before finally giving way in the dry down to a rather calm musky woods dry down.
Given its skin scent tendencies, 9 IX is best used for more intimate moments to make up for its lack of range. Longevity is around 4-6 hours on average with most of it lacking projection. Nice scent all the same. Nothing exceedingly exceptional to seek out for its own sake, but a very serviceable and unique fresh aquatic that can be found at generally bargain basement prices at most discount retailers.

andy
andy

9IX by rocawear really is a very well done fragrance and the musk, amber and timber wood really create a very alluring and warm, masculine drydown

This is not a fragrance you smell on the test strip and like immediately, it has to evolve on your skin and once you reach the actual drydown you get a great smell that everyone will enjoy

x_aznpersuasion
x_aznpersuasion

My boyfriend wears this perfume. It's beautiful.. lasts forever!

shauni_louise
shauni_louise

I got this fragrance for my boyfriend & he loves it :) I love it too it smells so nice & fresh. Kind of reminds me of Usher's for him fragrance.

xerces1492

I don't know what your poo smells like, but mine does not smell this good :P
I guess people's sense of taste is different. For instance, there is a indian/arabic sweet made from lentils that is as tasty as baklava but that westerners often compare to the taste of rotten fish. But enough about that, back to the cologne. It's really not that bad and i've gotten a host of compliments on it before. To me it carries a mysterious vibe that you don't find much on the market. Just make sure that you only put it on after a bath b/c the musk gets rancid on skin if you foolishly use it like a Frankish shower. I wouldn't buy it again (it's not worth the money) but i would buy for a nephew or cousin.

Thank you babybash44............

I am happy that someone else agrees that there is definitely a FAECAL MATTER (excrement) scent in this cologne. like i said there is a note that i can only describe as perfumed faeces

Tonage
Tonage

Good for the Gen Y's like myself. Fruity like smell, mango like. Smells hella good on the skin.
I rather this over the Rocawear X.

-0.5 for low radius
-1 for not lasting long enough

Rating 8.5/10
HOVA!

Rule number 99, stay on her mind. Jay Z

babybash44
babybash44

At first it was citrusy and nice! Then I totally smelt a note of fresh excrement. Not impressed, not happy, but extremely glad I didn't blind buy due to some good reviews. Seriously, don't blind buy this one or just don't buy at all.

janotte

When I first smelled this I liked it. But about 5 minutes later there was a distinct scent that I hated. A similar scent can be found in ESCADA MAGNETISM. I think it is saffron. I find it nauseous.
I smelled Rocawear several times just to be sure that my nose was not playing tricks on me. Lo and behold the dry down smells like someone took a little piece of FAECAL MATTER and perfumed it.

twlahue
twlahue

I think that this is in the same family as Kenneth Cole Reaction and Polo Explorer- same DNA
My wife thought it was just average.
My teenage daughter like it.

xerces1492

I got this from my girlfriend for my birthday. So what if it's a "fad" scent? What it lacks in dynamics it makes up in character. I mean Cool Water is a "fad" scent and nobody really wags a finger at it (even though it smells like dollar store potpurri!!!), but when a celebrity comes out with a decent, virile cologne, everybody thumbs their noses. Personally this is a great scent and my girlfriend can't get enough of it and once my 1.7oz runs out, i'm buying a 3.4oz.

Edit: I had this and cool water on different forearms at 2:00pm, seconds apart from each other. It is now 9 o'clock and I can still smell 9IX faintly but i can't smell cool water at all. Can you say "longevity?"

bigfattonypwnsyou
bigfattonypwnsyou

its Olfactive Group should be "Woody Aromatic"

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Starts off sweet and fruity, The citrus note would be the cantaloupe more obviously than the mandarin, its not strong citrus. Then the drying down leaves the masculine, musky wood accord. A young scent, definitely for teens and young hearted souls.
One of my favourites.

I think we should all keep in mind, this fragrance is licensed to Elizabeth Arden. What that means to me: Every fragrance I have loved that I found was licensed to EA has turned cheap on the re-release. I bought Hummer and it was gorgeouse, the second bottle I bought was nowhere near the same, almost undetectable. The exact same situation occured when I bought Britney Curious, or tried Usher He, Dirty English and Rocawear 91X. So essentially, if you've owned it and loved it once, leave it at that, because chances are, it won't be anything like the first.

What I suggest: if you find, one day, tht 9IX isn't what is use to be, try Nautica Voyage. It's pretty close with the aquatic notes, though it isn't aimed at the teenage crowd.

chelle2513

I disagree. I don't think this is juvenille at all. My hubby is 33 and he wears this, it does not smell "young" or "teenage" at all to me. He used to always wear Drakkar, which I feel is somewhat of a classic male scent, and when he tested this one, he liked it also. I think it is a very nice, sexy, smell. It's not too "out there" like some colognes you can almost smell from a mile away (these are the ones that seem more "teenage" to me, the ones that smell like guys/men bathed in them, because that is what teenagers sometimes do) You have to get somewhat close to him to smell it, and when you do smell it, it just makes you (or at least me) just want to get closer to smell more of it! This is what exactly what a good scent should do, in my opinion. It should draw you in, and make you want to come closer. That's what this scent does, and I love it.

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

This is a very young, juvenile, teenage cologne! Its fresh, sweet like Pink bubble gum to my nose. While it wont offend anyone, O 1 should be so lucky! Also may I add it does not last long either, if this is what your into for a frag, than I suggest go for what you know. I wont give it a thumbs down, but I am going to give it a neutral rating on the more thumbs down side.

guest_av
guest_av

i wear this at school and every one says that i smell great
some times its annoying because i get told every day...

guest_zongo
guest_zongo

like ebento it is amazing some perfumes screams others whispers but with this one words cannot say much use it and u will notice that actions speak louder than words

chelle2513

I really like this scent! I think it smells fantastic on my husband, it's different from other colognes, after he wears it for a little while it doesn't smell too spicy or sweet, it just smells good, I want to hug him every time I get close enough to smell it!

True esence of HIP-HOP...I got alot more love for "The ROC" than sean john

nural
nural

this is one pungently intense sweet spicy scent i smell before.

I like the top notes, but not on the end notes. it is too sickly sweet and spice at the same time.

i first saw the ad in the xxl mag and i thought it would be ages before we got in in south africa .I walked into a shop and it was the first thing i saw, bought it and i give it a 100.

saint2006
saint2006

I watched this product fly of the shelves. So i bought it. I can honestly say that this is one of the best summer Fragrances that i have tested. It has a very calming Alluring effect on women. Not sure but if you take a deep breath. It makes you stop and think. Its was Fruity, but something interrupts the melon all the way through the notes. I believe its the coriander, and where its placed is perfect. Im not much for fruity Colognes, but this one definatley sits on top.

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

its allright,these FAD fragrances will have you smelling like everybody around you

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

I didn't think it was too strong. When my Hubby wears it, I can sense a touch of some spiceness at the beginning, but it dries down to a kind of sweet smell.

Master Scents
Master Scents

Really strong and unappealing at first, but then dies down to smell much sweeter. I think the strong musk/spice scent at first application is what makes me not a fan of this cologne. I shouldn't have to "wait" for a good scent.

spider2468
spider2468

spicy with a hint of musk...a totally club scent...I could not stop smelling my wrist when this was on.

Stefan
Stefan

It has an almost metallic aftertaste, much like paco unisex has. It lingers in your nose. It's fresh no doubt, but not intense so much as to cause a gag. It lasts a while from what people tell me, but I can't tell. Still a good buy/

drummerboy1986

tried this a few weeks ago. Love it, but if you're young and you want a good scent(all you high school guys) hint hint, then buy this....

9IX by Rocawear 3.74 out of 5 based on 125 ratings and 46 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Rocawear 9IX fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Rocawear 9IX, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify 9IX by Rocawear. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of 9IX by Rocawear represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.