Designers » R S » Oriental Woody « Groups

Absolu Rochas for women
dislike

Absolu Rochas for women Videos
Absolu Rochas for women Pictures Absolu Rochas for women Pictures

This Woodsy oriental fragrance from Rochas was introduced in 2002 with the perfumer Jacques Cavallier. The perfume opens with the notes of tangerine and fig leaves, then the floral waves of lily, neroli, black pepper and rose follow. The base notes introduce accords of incense, benzoin, cedar and toluene balm. It is available as 30, 50 and 75 ml edp, along with the 200 ml body milk and shower gel.

Fig Leaf Mandarin Orange

Orange Blossom Lily Pepper Rose

Labdanum Benzoin Tolu Balsam Cedar

Tolu

Absolu Fragrance Reviews

WendyMH
WendyMH

A lovely subtle and unique perfume. The citrusy oil smell I associate with neroli comes to me first. And then a strong and beautiful wave of creamy benzoin and tolu woodiness. It's so rare to find a woody perfume that leans heavily towards the feminine - but to me that is what this does. As it dries down a sweet beautiful spiciness comes out. Everything about it feels deep and slow and resinous.

It is not overpowering, but more darkly, quietly sexy. An everyday perfume in my eyes. Safe, unobtrusive, but a little mysterious.

It reminds me very much of Moschino Couture (though less sweet... not that Couture is very sweet to begin with). My only further wish for this would be to add a volume UP dial. Wish it had bigger sillage and longevity. It fades quickly on my skin, turning into a warm, but almost nonexistent skin scent in about 2 hours.

opa
opa

Instant love since the first moment-such an adorable, feminine, intriguing and seductive! Coming back to it again and again after all my new perfumes discoveries as to the moment of truth. This one and Venezia by Laura Biagiotti are ones I can't imagine my life without anymore.

Castor
Castor

It smells of several scents at the same time. It reminds me of Le Baiser. There are no points in common between these in terms of top notes, but the balmy / creamy feeling is there. More flowery than Cartier's, thus more feminine. And the base notes share shy similarities with Dior's Midnight Poison.

It is not complex, longevity is decent and the sillage, as most women's scents, is remarkable. No aldehydes in it, so forget about the dress - high heel connotations. Thus, it can be thought of an unisex oriental - woody scent: all oriental woody targeted to women can be unisex after Dior Homme, Le Mâle and A*Men's launch (they try hard remarking their virile character through very masculine base notes, but this come either inadverted or lost in almost non-ending longevity). This is not a skanky chypre: no citrics nor animalic basenotes are present, neither woody accords. This is a gentle scent of the powdery vanilla amberine kind.

Sort of an understated feminine. Nothing special, but very enjoyable.

pusia
pusia

Every time I wear it, it reminds me of the old Mania. I was not surprised to learn that it was created by the same person who made Nu and Kingdom. Very deep, warm and comforting. I don't feel any pepper, fortunately. Just mature and self-confident autumn base, so to speak:) I also recommend its sister-Simply Red.

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

I don't know maybe i'm crazy but it really reminds me more citrusy version of Addict. I get exactly the same creamy base. Very pleasant and enjoyable scent.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

On my skin this is only balmy...
It's all my nose can detect, Tolu Balsam, Labdanum & Benzoin. I don't detect any of the floral or citrus notes.
It stays really close to my skin and lasts a short time.
For me it's better used as a bedtime fragrance.

srimati
srimati

I got this one on ebay on a blind whim (I have them often) and this one was another pleasant surprise especially for the price. It has depth, is warm and spicy with oody undertones yet not cloying. Definitely something for oriental lovers. The bottle is quite cute too!

wbp
wbp

What a wonderful surprise!!! Woody,a bit citrus and so deep and comforting! Very unusual smell, but a like it!

chisappanse
chisappanse

Absolu is citrus, very warm and powdery...
It's my top five winter scent

Sofy888
Sofy888

I can see it on a passionate and refined, graceful and refined, sensual and charming!
Languid and warm fragrance.
Composition sounds to actively and successful business women, to realize itself in the status of a reliable business partner, passionate and sensual woman.
Its beautiful winter, evening, warm scented with notes of spices fragnance!

almondcookie
almondcookie

Absolu is deep, rich, dark, warm and elegant. A little goes a long way.

smellME
smellME

First of all I want to say thanks to Moniq who wrote a lovely review
and to laetitap who let me get it in a swap !

Rochas Absolu starts strong but fresh, reminding me of Belle en Rykiel top note wich is also quite strong. It settles quickly into a lovely pepper, rose and orange flower mix that is also a little strong because of the pepper, but if you just like me, love pepper in perfumes this is nothing... The rose is not very prominent but its a mix of these three,
maybe something else. The base notes are sooo lovely, quite subtle
as a contrary to the top. The benzoin, labdanum and tolu balsam makes it turn into a sexy velvety creamy dream - like a body lotion almost.
its soft and still some peppery notes left.
This Rochas Absolu is made in the early 20 th century , but to me its like an ancient trofe that could have been worn by the divas from the past..
This is a Lady - but not - Gaga perfume !
Wear it with grace !

Beautiful!! Not modern sugarsweet or flower/fruitysweet. Adult, deep, sexy and very elegant. Soft whispers encircling me and Absolu is perfect. Not too strong, not to weak, but it's here all around me in a very sensual way. I love the benzoin and Tolu Balsam for the deep sexy notes and the Rose and orange blossom for the female touch and I love the notes of pepper that softens the sweet notes on my skin..Absolu'tely perfect!

Underbar!! Inte modernt sockersöt eller blom/fruktsöt. Vuxen, djup, sexig och mycket elegant. Som en mjuk viskning omringar Asolu mig suveränt. Inte för stark, inte för svag, men här runt mig på ett behagligt och sensuellt sätt. Jag älskar Benzoin och Tolu Balsam för dess djup och sexiga noter och Ros och Apelsinblomma för den kvinnliga touchen och jag älskar pepparnoten som skalar av de söta noterna på min hud. Absolu't Perfekt!

anomie et ivoire
anomie et ivoire

Absolu reminds me of original Armani Mania but with less restraint and far more actual mania. Absolu is impulsive, attention seeking, hypersexual, and aggressive. And I don't give a fig for that opening. Then comes a linearity that should be outlawed for violence to dead horses. Hours of gas station vanilla coffee, hardly a decent resin. This is the first perfume to ever make me feel physically ill and cranky from its presence. It is probably a highly personal aversion, but to any others not into fig, you may want to avoid Absolu.

LiLoLiLo
LiLoLiLo

Luxurious and rich!
Perfect for mature ,classy,successful ladies!
Suitable for special occasions
Ideal for fall/winter,cold evenings

Fizzy
Fizzy

Rochas Absolu, Tocade and Femme - they all have the almost same spicy and very balmy dry down, only the openings are different. I prefer Absolu for the freshnes. Bold feminines for big girls.

EK
EK

Absolu seems to have 2 openings to me, or is it 2 hearts? Anyway: to me it opens fresh and sweet, but very soon after it dries on my skin, a strange "fat" and cloying note comes out. I have no idea what it is, but I've met it in various forms in other perfumes.
In Absolu this is not a problem as it's only a very brief visit of the strangler.

Absolu in its soul is very soft, very ladylike. Smooth, tender, understated, but not excactly shy. The woody undertone is extremely feminine.
Had it been sweeter, it would have been a disaster - but as it is, it's adorable.
Not quite bold and loud enough to be in my top 10, but still one I reach for when I need something discreet, elegant and warm.

Heliotropea
Heliotropea

Such a pity the sillage and longevity are almost non-existent !!! Bought a bottle of edp cheap so I couldn't resist it but now I reapply every hour :-((

shalimarinitial
shalimarinitial

It's a wonderful oriental perfume, a mix between Cartier Le Baiser du Dragon and Must.

Just amazing!!!

Rochas Absolu is an orange blossom infused oriental. It has a rather demanding presence, however it also has a sweet, feminine side that I can't help but admire.

This is one of those fragrances that start soft, then increasingly become stronger the more it has a chance to develop. You'd be forgiven for going overboard when you first apply, assuming that this fragrance is just a whisper on the skin. By the heart, this fragrance definitely has projection.

It's an oriental without the spice. I smell mostly orange blossom, citrus, vanillary benzoin and green, fresh lilies. The composition itself is quite smooth and sensual, and I believe it's the alluring nature of this fragrance that makes it so popular.

Although sexy, it can be seen as elegant and sophisticated too. It strikes me as being something that most women would to love wear, or even own. I don't doubt that Rochas Absolu would make a wonderful signature fragrance.

Thankfully Rochas Absolu is not cloying like some other orientals tend to be. It's pleasant and inoffensive rather than suffocating. While wearing it around my man, I was given the opinion that he found the scent rather approachable and pleasant in confined spaces.

I like Rochas Absolu for its unique take on one of my favourite notes, orange blossom. It's nice to see this floral note in another light, jazzed up and intensified with benzoin, labdanum and other resins. I am more than pleased with my sample, but I will have to wear it a few times more before I decide to buy a full-sized bottle.

Nemosh
Nemosh

I love this one.
I think it is a bit on the sweet side, but I like that in a scent.
The lasting power on me is not so long, 2 á 3 hours.
I heard that it is discontinued.

Coutureguru
Coutureguru

WONDERFUL!!! I sprayed from a tester today and I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of stock at my local drugstore Fine Fragrance counter. This is going strong after 6 hours ... a fabulous woodsy/rosy/resinous perfume that is easy on the pocket and delivers in spades!! This little gem is quite neglected ... get it while you can :).

nicesmells
nicesmells

My first post and I have just bought this for £8 for a 75ml edp bottle. This so sweet and peppery ,it slightly reminds of the pepper in the original hot couture. And settles as warm talcy scent. It made me want to get dolled up and go out

I love it and even more so at the bargain price I bought it at :)

PS I love this web site, but since I have been reading it my perfume addiction has got so out of control, I think I have perumeorexia :)

I.I
I.I

Right now I'm sniffing Absolu on one wrist and Couture Moschino on another...
Somebody said they are in some way similar, but what I smell is two complitely different stories. But complitely different perfumes. Couture is fresh.
Absolu is spicy on me, not balmy nor musky. I like it, because I generally like spicy scents, it is strong though and quite masculine. This is, at least, what I smell on me.
Longlasting and with a good sillage too.
Very good quality perfume, it's so obvious.

Something else: tolu balsam is so noticable, one has to like it to stand this perfume. I dislike tolu balsam but benzoin is one of my favorite notes. So, there is a peculiar balance here for me. It reminds me of Serpentine in a way.

suile
suile

I loved this one, found it to be a much more wearable version of Addict, plus about half the price.

Vamy69
Vamy69

Delicious, warm, nutty sexy! I love this!!! Peppery but not with an overly strong bite. It is smooth and sensual. It makes you want to cuddle up next to a fireplace with a glass of wine and watch the snow fly outside. Just a beautiful scent. A fall and winter must have for sure!!!!!

Bandit
Bandit

The first spritz to explore a fragrance I give on my wrist; I am able to sniff close or far away and can or cannot pick notes etc.

I did that with Absolu and thought: Well, quite boring.

Today after work I've spritzed it on the decollete, where I usually wear perfume and this is a totally different experience: Wow, how sultry this is! Still boring in a way, but so nice, dark, sweet and a little nutty. Perfect.

I am big fan of Jacques Cavallier. He has his own way of creating perfumes (for women). On paper they use to smell odd (so nobody buys), as a exploring perfume they are usually too linear (so the perfumistas dismiss them), BUT while wearing them they are so delightful, deep and make a woman smell phantastic and absolutely seductive. His creations need skin for development.

I find him to be the best contemporary nose, sometimes he's a genius (Kingdom, Nu, M7), sometimes he's uninspired, but even than he creates better than average stuff.

By the way: My boyfriend only reacts positively on Habanita and perfumes created by Jacques Cavallier.

SheShe
SheShe

I have a sample. Absolu reminds me a bit of Gucci-Accenti in the climate.

It's a dark scent with lots of tolu balsam, bezoin, labdanum, a feminine one, spicy but not much. I usually don't wear "dark" fragrances so I won't buy more but it's a very well done oriental frag.

notme
notme

Absolu is not really a mirror to its name, but it is a special fragrance that, thank Goodness, walks boldly away from all the over-sweet orientals available now. Instead, this is like rich dark, addictive molasses. It has a bit of sweetness to it, enough to make it warm, feminine, dark, smoky, intense, without being an obviously available (read easy to encounter on others) scent. The rich resinous smell is addictive for me - I love the smell as it says 'I'm not easy to find, I'm not everywhere, I'm not common'. I love to wear it, and seemingly so do the others around me. I bought it expecting something else, the classical vanilla--excessively sweet-drowned oriental fragrance, but am I glad it was not that - it is a tiny bit resinous and bitterish, but this is what makes it stand apart. I do like Kenzo-Jungle Elephant, D&G-The One, Dior-Dune, Chanel-Allure (to mention a few I thought this resembled according to reviews), but I far more love Absolu for its darkness, richness and distinctiveness. I am glad I have it, I enjoy it and I shall but it again and again.

LuluCoconut
LuluCoconut

As some fragranticans said, it really bares a lot of similarities to Moschino Couture! And Absolu is indeed the bigger sister in this couple. Even though both have this almost identical sultriness in the dry down, Couture has a sparkling floral feel, while Absolu is darker,more enygmatic, maybe a bit melancholic. The mandarin is less luscious in Absolu, making the woody vanilla and balmy benzoin the stars in the composition. You won't find baking vanilla in here- it is dark, slightly sweet and quite smoky resinous, but not in an overpowering way. I don't find it similar to Le Baiser du Dragon or Dior Addict, which both fall into this pure essence of vanilla, spices and resins category - difficult for many, including myself. Absolu has an elegant and warm flowery undertone, which melts smoothly into the resins. So sultry...

Back to Couture-Absolu.Interesting couple indeed, and Absolu is another great woody perfume to add to any wardrobe, but I still prefer the younger sister right now.

Bottomline: The bottle of Absolu is absolutely glorious as is the content.

blueberry
blueberry

Looking for another 'resinous' fragrance I picked this little cute bottle up following Action's advice. And yes, it is a lovely, moderately sweet and balmy fragrance. To me it is more ambery, in line with Gres Ambre de Cabochard rather than smokily resinous as Rochas Femme, so I am not 100% happy, but it is definetely a pleasant option with a little peppery touch which slightly enriches the balsamic warmth. Very comforting and worth its price.

tixa
tixa

I had it before some time, but in comparison with other Rochas perfumes is not my favorite.
Still the sent is pretty good.

rednut
rednut

I'm not sure that this is a woody oriental. There are a lot of flowers in it.Its light but has a good longevity, certainly over 5 hours. Its daytime for me as I like something a little heavier in the evening. It does provoke ' thats lovely, what is it?' from people. And it is lovely. A scent anyone can wear. I would say woody floral. Its classy.

rednose
rednose

I don't know why I smell a lot of gardenia in this, but I do. And I love it! it is a warm floral fragrance with a slight kick (possibly from the pepper and fig leaf.)

it smells like: black dress, high heels, elegant night out.

not like: sequin & glitter, wild makeup, clubbing drunk.

aquila_2009
aquila_2009

Hi.

ABSOLU is a Special perfume that says I've arrived You can start the party now!An Awesome perfume from a Great brand and This scents bound to turn heads.It is simply Seductive. Warm, Luxurious,Passionate,Hypnotic,Gorgeous, Deep,Heavy,Artistic and Modern.

The scent blends a variety of Powerful Elements to make a statement of Feminine Power.The top notes are Fresh Heart notes are a little more flowery and Woody notes give a Rich and Sensational brilliance to ABSOLU base as It is a Definition of The Opulence and Warmth and Seduction of a Lady in Romantic Moments.

This perfume will make a Man follow your scent until he finds you.It is definitely a NIGHT fragrance.All notes are at a Perfect harmony.It is not for a Shy character.Ideal for a Rich Lady who wants to capture Everybody attention and Definitely for HOT moments in AUTUMN,WINTER.

Sillage?Ok.

Longevity?One of the best part this one as it is Superb on my skin.

Thank You ROCHAS.

dragonesque
dragonesque

Dark, smokey, rich, balmy and resinous, with moderate sweetness and unparalleled longevity. I wear it all year round and I can never have too much of it. So beautiful, so comforting. I pile new unopened bottles of Absolu for fear that it can get discontinued one day. Loss of no other fragrance would hurt me more.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Absolu is a deep scent, smokey, elegant and definitely for winter time. I feel it would kill me if I wore it at hot summer day.
I personally do not like the first 5 minutes but after that time, it becomes so dark and seductive that I cannot resist but keep sniffing my wrist :-)
I am not very much into oriental fragrances, there are very few in my collection.
Absolu is a magnificent fragrance for a big night out but it could never compete with the love of my life - Alchimie.
Worth trying if you like oriental fragrances with a moderate sweetness and mellow floral notes.
I never thought that benzoin and pepper could be such a lovely sweet and spicy companions making Absolu a genius mixture :-)

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I love the way the mandarin and lily notes balance the pepper in this fragrance, and the resinous, woody base is just gorgeous!

I tested this fragrance months after first trying Moschino Couture, and I am realizing now that Couture seems to be very much in the style of Rochas Absolu, but lighter, and with a base of vanilla, rather than resins. This feels like the big sister fragrance to Couture.

Two thumbs up!!!

Gorgeous perfume!! Stayes a LONG time and is very well constructed, I cannot recommend this enough and with this new store Luxuryperfume, it is available for a great price!

People, do not miss out on this genius production of Cavallier! He did a magnificent job on this Alien sister!!
:-)

If you love Alien, give this a try!! i adore it!
Good luck!

Sissi
Sissi

Tolu Balsam Benzoin and i think there's
a note missing Myrrh gives it a dark woodsy scent and it dries down to a powdery texture

this can be weared by Men and Women
i love the color the color of Yellow Topaz Liquid and i love the Bottle
design it's shaped like a top or
the Top looks Like a old record Vinyl.

the Reason i like this then loving it
because of it's powdery drydown which
i'm not crazy about.

I give this a 4

Rochas ABSOLU is a resin-rich oriental reminiscent of Cartier LE BAISER DU DRAGON or even MUST in its dark and heavy texture, more akin to perfume oil than eau de parfum.

ABSOLU showcases benzoin, tolu balsam and labdanum, in which incense and a bit of pepper have been infused. The florals and cedar serve more as garnishes than as dominant notes. The fig leaf opening is a bit lighter than the drydown, but overall this is a serious affair, suitable only for cold winter nights.

I find ABSOLU dreamy and hypnotic, not quite as intense as its Cartier cousins, but close! Such scents seem well-suited for secret nights out under assumed identities in shadowy oriental settings. The tarot card concept attempted by D&G with its Anthology suite seems more appropriate to these sorts of scents, IMNSHO.

As a dark, oily oriental, ABSOLU has excellent staying power and sillage. A little goes a long way!

Annah7
Annah7

Just bought it a while ago. First, 30ml. When I tried it for the second time I fell in love with it and ordered 75ml. It is a nice, elegant, warm & rich scent that can be used during the day or for the evening. Good staying power. More like for special occassions kind of scent, however I think that we should not keep things for special occassions as life is too short!

A perfume for all you sexy ladies out there!!

e9rul7
e9rul7

i just bought it to my mum. i expected something more outstanding. i got i bit dissappointed, it is not that great. its just ok,a bit to woody!what i got the most is pepper and lily. i have to mention that my mome loved it...

in my opinion,if you love oriental woody better choose an other scent...

Sassy1
Sassy1

I get the orange, a little pepper, then nothing. Rochas perfumes fade way too quickly on me. Nice scent but no lasting power in dry climate.
Pass...

Bellatrix
Bellatrix

Every time when I want to leave a comment - person right next time said everything what I wanted to say :)
I completely agree with Dina...
It is a woody scent but light (not in a bad way). The more you wear it, the more beautiful it gets!
It is perfect for coming winter!

dina
dina

I agree that it's an autumn/winter and special occasions frag. It's a pure woody scent, very sultry and mysterious and not common like many other fragrances in the market. It has something in the notes like tobacco aroma that makes it really unique.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

Absolu is a strange perfume. It's so juicy. Very moist and succulent like a ripe fruit, but not really sweet on me. Must be the fig. It's a unique effect I've not found in any other perfume.

It dries down to a lovely woody oriental, and reminds me of Boucheron's Trouble after a few hours. It's much more oriental than gourmand, in spite of the juicy fig top notes.

The longevity of the EDP is not so great--I got just four or five hours out of it. Wish it lasted a bit longer, but I do enjoy wearing it.

allexa27
allexa27

Very sweet ,little bit spicy,smells little bit like a lipstick on me.It is not a sofisticated fragrance at all!

This was way too sweet on me. It started as an 80s style floral oriental, but ended up so cloying that I had to scrub it. Disappointed.

mellybee
mellybee

Absolue is my all time favourite. I personally find it simply perfect. First you can smell the fig leaves, they're very fresh, crisp, but it is not a green fragrance. Orange note brings some fruity complexion into it, followed by floral notes and then comes the drydown, a powdery and resinous miracle. I've never smelt anything similar before, the most beautiful drydown I can say. I find Absolue cosy, smooth but sexy at the same time. It is not sweet at all.

Kama
Kama

I bought this perfume online, after reading so good reviews.... I am not happy at all! In my opinion they are much too sweet, too heavy...fees like almond on my skin...and almond scent gives me headache...
I have already given them away!
Definatelly not my type of perfume, even though I love oriental woody perfumes.
Big dissapointment.

vertigo
vertigo

Cheerful and optimistic.
Modest and elegant.
Friendly - combining warmth and freshness - like a sunny autumn afternoon.

Very Paris, really French! Full of Rochas's beautiful, unusual and prominent perfumes' spirit.

Absolu is ment for active women that want to be trendy, but always look for something unique, outstanding.
Independent, intelligent women that respect sophisticated (but not provocative) style.

I think the poster doesn't suit the scent.

urobian
urobian

awesome and unique fragance... and no popular !

amazing.

nezzabel
nezzabel

this is my autumn/winter scent!
It's peppery but it's not heavy. I think that it's a sensual fragrance... it makes me feel sexy and powerful!
I just love it!

Natalia78
Natalia78

Peppery and woody smooth scent evolving into powdery after few hours of wearing it.Intriguing and seductive.

Absolu by Rochas 4.05 out of 5 based on 327 ratings and 58 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Rochas Absolu fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Rochas Absolu, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Absolu by Rochas. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Absolu by Rochas represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.