Designers » R S » Woody Spicy « Groups

Aquaman Rochas for men
dislike

herbal
Aquaman Rochas for men Pictures

Aquaman is a perfume introduced in 2001. It was designed by Jacques Cavallier, who made top notes out of sparkling fresh-spicy accords of grapefruit, refreshing woodsy notes of eucalyptus and sweet-balsamic smoky tone of cypress. The heart is temperamental and manly together with floral-spicy notes of geranium cooled with mint, coriander and spicy-herb note of sage. The base has the same style where woodsy tones are dominant. Cedar, sweet notes of cardamom and amber leave unforgettable and very sensual scent. The bottle has a very modern design and it is available in the amount of 50 and 100 ml edt.

Eucalyptus Cypress Grapefruit

Faconnable Stripe

Aquaman Fragrance Reviews

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

I would have never thought I would have liked this, but as they say, one must never judge the book by its cover. And that applies in particular with perfumes. So don’t get fooled by the lame superhero name, the kind of cheap (yet wonderfully handy and ergonomic) bottle, the shiny blue colour, and overall that juvenile MTV Summer Chart kind of esthetics. The fragrance is way more complex, darker and fascinating than it may seem. And above all, phew! - it smells really nice. To my nose Aquaman is an extremely pleasant Mediterranean blend of aromatic notes of grass, balsamic-green “dark” herbs (like sage and olive tree leaves, that kind of “dark”, dry, aromatic greenness), something slightly floral-anisic on the barbershop side (lavender or similar, or maybe sage again) pepper, nutmeg and a spicy-woody base. Shortly an aromatic fougère brilliantly translated into summer-aquatic terms but using balsamic-herbal “words” instead of calone or fruits, slightly close to Fendi Thereoma Uomo's kind of league but more catchy than that. All smells unexpectedly true-to-life (I won’t say “natural”, but I don’t get anything particularly synthetic-metallic), and also surprisingly “watery” indeed, albeit in a more unusual way: a sort of humid, sultry muskiness which does indeed convey a feel of luke warm azure water. Nothing salty and nothing “ozonic”, rather a liquid, somehow even dark smell of condensation water stuffed with bracing balsamic-peppery-herbal nuances. Nothing heavy though.

What I enjoy the most here and what actually led me to consider this fragrance with more attention is that Aquaman has just a really good sillage, something inexplicably pleasant to feel around you, slightly different from what you smell close to skin. It’s like a whiff of extremely realistic “medicinal balsamicness” you feel around yourself. Truly nice. For some reasons this smells way more herbal and Mediterranean than many other fragrances clearly associated to that inspiration – and at the same time, it has very little to do with the “synthetic aquatic family” it can be easily compared to judging by the bottle and the esthetic. I like these little gems hiding these nice unexpected surprises. I think Aquaman can still be found for cheap, so if you’re looking for a less generic option for something fresh and balsamic, give this a chance. You’ll smell nice and (fairly) different.

7-7,5/10

naipe
naipe

A naked man in the pool... oh, Aquaman

aks75
aks75

ONE OF THE BEST FRAGRANCE EVER MADE.JUST CANT GET ENOUGH OF THIS AMAZING FRAGRANCE.

deja vu-gr
deja vu-gr

I tryied it today with some others fraqs of the same kind,summery,watery and after a while time I could barely smell it on me. So weak and innofensive that I can't enjoy it for a long time. Further more is a nice & fresh but it is a scent that you think that you have smelled it many times before.

jaimex1979
jaimex1979

Mariantu... there's an Aquawoman by Rochas and u can still find it online.

Mariantu
Mariantu

Looking for a perfume for my boyfriend, I found this one... I loved it! The smell took me to the woods. My boyfriend hated it, and I still wonder if is there any feminine version for this scent... I won't give up! :)

The_Drake
The_Drake

Quite spicy, which is unusual for the Rochas fragrances of newer date. The cypress and aucalyptus are dominant. I wouldn't go so far as to call it aquatic, but it IS fresh. A very nice fragrance I must say.

adrianocgo
adrianocgo

for me, smells like Nestea (ice tea with lemon). The opening is very crispy and gives me headache. After 30 min, i have this Nestea impression

svillatoro
svillatoro

so hard to find for what it is... it is good but nothing out of this world, especially the drydown...

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

Now this is one cologne that i dig alot!Crisp and fresh and alot of stuff in between.

Eros
Eros

I bought it after seeing that great photo ads made by Kal Yee - with "model" Alen Kobilica - swimming in deep pool.
Very spacious and breath-full. Fresh, but not very "fruity". Winter-like, but not "menthol" or "frozen". It is not "cold water", it is indeed "open water", or "your big swimming pool, where you are alone".
For day-off, for resting. Relaxes your brain BUT focuses your vision *LITERALLY*.
Very strong. I wear it on saturday. Lasts longer than 12 hours with no or little changes.
Analogues are : ESPRIT Connect (less balanced, more "pushy"), Baldessarini "Del Mar" (more complex, wider spectrum, more balanced).

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

Aquaman opens with a really strong mix of grapefruit and eucalyptus. Actually, the eucalyptus is the main note during the first minutes.

Unfortunately, the whole evolution of Aquaman is quite fast and simple. It soon becomes slightly floral and the cardamom begins to play its major part.

It's a lovely fragrance that lasts 3-4 hours on my skin, with moderate sillage. I trully wish it could last longer. Lovely bottle as well.

pop270
pop270

Great year round fragrance. First look was about 6 years ago. It caught my eye at a perfume shop because it was called AQUAMAN. Tried it on... loved it. Been buying faithfully ever since... when I can find it.

Aquaman by Rochas 3.99 out of 5 based on 76 ratings and 13 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Rochas Aquaman fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Rochas Aquaman, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Aquaman by Rochas. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Aquaman by Rochas represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.