Designers » R S » Chypre « Groups

Audace Rochas for women

Audace Rochas for women
dislike

Audace Rochas for women Pictures

Audace by Rochas is a Chypre fragrance for women. Audace was launched in 1936. The nose behind this fragrance is Marcel Rochas. Top notes are iris, jasmine, bergamot and violet; middle notes are carnation and rose; base notes are patchouli, oak moss, galbanum, amber, juniper and pine.

iris Jasmine Bergamot Violet

Carnation Rose

Patchouli oak moss Galbanum Amber Juniper Pine

Mystere

Audace Fragrance Reviews

04.march 2014

I have just recently purchased additional vintage bottle of this beauty. This time in a sealed box, spray version of parfum de toilete. I can honestly tell you it has preserved very well.
I will agree with myself below (i have already written a review almost 3 years ago, when i have just started my parfumista journey back then) and everyone else who say that this is a preceeder of another legendary fragrance and my personal huge love - "Madame Rochas". I own a lot of "Madame" and have tried it by now in very different concentrations and formulations and i can tell that the "Madame" from early 80´s is a daughter of "Audace". Almost identical, but "Audace" is a greener version, which has a very pronounced pine note (surprise!). At first it botheres me a bit, but it might be either a first spray out of vintage bottle or just the fact that pine smells bit too much in here. At first all i smell is a strong mix of oakmoss (the real one, you know), juniper and pine. Quite non-feminine, i must say, there is no trace of jasmine, and i gues it is due to it´s age, jasmine does not preserve well. It lasts for an hour or so and during that time pine becomes more pronounced than oakmoss. Then it starts to morph into a "Madame Rochas", with soft violet and rosy undertones, but still preserves that clear pine accord. This is my favorite stage. I truly enjoy it as an epitome of something wonderful and it so perfectly captures a smell of old books and mix of mom´s perfume (i know, sounds strange, but that´s how i feel it). Smells like a smell of our old woodhouse i was living in as a child, with all the vintage powders my grandma had and smell of a bit worn clothes left ot of the closet for little too long, mix of men´s cologne in the air, a wooden floor, an old rug on the wall, bit damp tapestry, all that smell.
For me it is a very comforting scent, no matter what anyone else think and thatś why i most proably enjoy it so much. ANd that is what "Madame Rochas" smells to me as well, just less wood and green tones.
The closer to drydown, the more rosy-soapy-oakmossy it smells. And if by any chance you press your nose to your wrist you will also detect a very clear carnation (the vintage carnation) note. Fantastic! I don´t want to wash it off at all!

One spray lasts for over 6 hours and sillage is quite good, it is very much detectable.
I am very happy to be able to experience and enjoy this frgarance. I usually wear "Madame Rochas" when i feel tired of all other fragrances and want something very comforting and classy, i wear it mostly for myself, but don´t feel any old or depression, i feel very brave and daring on the contrary. Seems like "Audace" will be saved for extra special healing moments.

greenelf
greenelf

Well, I was surprised to find this scent here, as I had assumed it was dropped back in the 70's, which was when I used to wear it when I was in college. I remember loving it's green, woody fresh quality and it perfectly expressed the kind of optimism and sense of adventure there was in my life then. Takes me right back to a certain time and place. Yve Roche's "Evidence" is a little like this.

Dekami
Dekami

I believe this fragrance was discontinued in the early to mid-1970s, so it's well to bear in mind that anything on the market currently would have to be very old. I've bought several little bottles over the years in hopes of recapturing the experience of how exquisite it was, but they've all been more or less stale, which distorts the balance. They remind me of its past glories, but are a sad reflection.

17. july 2011

This is a review for a vintage Parfum de toilette.
I have applied it yesterday and i must say honestly that i like it more when i sniff it out of the bottle, than on my skin. It is indeed like "Madame Rochas" but more greener and has more violet (especially in the opening) and pine in it. I say it is not suitable for summer, it is strictly fall-winter scent, so i will have to try it later again, and i am sure i will like it muh more then. There is something very classy in this fragrance that makes me want to smell it again and again.
The lasting power is average and it stays close to your skin, but this is the kind of perfume that not everyone would appreciate so it is even better that way, so you can keep the magic all to yourself. It is mysterious and bewithcing indeed.
Splash PdT bottle (very vintage)

smellsogood
smellsogood

A walk through the pine forest at dusk. Magical and lonely.

Kterhark
Kterhark

With my initial sniff I thought "ooh, there is pine in this." And sure enough, there is. You'll detect it right away and it will last throughout.

That said, this is more of a winter green than a springtime green. I like it.

Edit: I'm coming back to this a month later. Now I'm getting more base, more wood. I'ts more of a green woody chypre than a Christmas scent now. Audace is a dark green velvet dress hung in a mahogony closet. A real old school classic. If you can get your hands on a sample, I highly recommend it.

Ohhhh XSX!!! I looooove Audace by Rochas!!! It is SUCH a masterpiece!!! It resembles Madame Rochas very much, only a tad greener. The green twin sister of Madame!!!
LOVE IT!!

Audace by Rochas 4.26 out of 5 based on 23 ratings and 7 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Rochas Audace fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Rochas Audace, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Audace by Rochas. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Audace by Rochas represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.