Designers » R S » Oriental « Groups

Byzantine Rochas for women

Byzantine Rochas for women
dislike

yellow floral

This oriental fragrance for women, designed by Alberto Morillas, was presented in 1995. It seduces with a flamboyant cocktail of sweet and fresh bergamot notes and freesia, along with the spiced carnation, mimosa, orange blossom, neroli and lily-of-the-valley, warm, dark and powdery sandalwood, woody and balmy notes of cedar and caramel nuances of heliotrope flower. The bottle has the same shape as Byzance, colored in golden yellow with a gold medallion in the middle.

Mimose Carnation Orange Blossom Sandalwood Freesia Neroli Heliotrope Lily-of-the-Valley Cedar Bergamot

Blase

Byzantine Fragrance Reviews

KaseyC
KaseyC

This fragrance is so feminine, calm and elegant, reminds me a lot of the women in Renoir's paintings. I feel the warmth from the sunlight under the parasol on a Spring day in the park at a family or wedding party. It is romantic in the sense that you don't want to leave the place. You just want to stay there to watch these women walking around to chat with the young handsome guys. Some of them are dancing and some are hymning a fine tune. Very harmonious.

At the same time, this fragrance projects the scent of intimacy like you are holding a sleeping baby on your lap. You feel warmth and sweetness from the powdery note all over this little body. It also projects the scent of slownes and gentleness. You move your body gently and slowly as you don't want to wake up the baby. Then the baby wakes up and looks at you. You smile and the baby also smiles.

This fragrance brings me a lot of good feelings. Adorable.

aber19
aber19

This perfume is the most beautiful fragrance with difference I have ever smelt. Considering, I have over 100 perfumes, this is simply marvellous. This perfume is a floral bouquet of sweet flowers, with a lovely pollen smell. I have placed on my clothes and it lasts about 6+ hours. The smell is an exotic, happy smell which relates to chic style of France. I do not mind reapplying the perfume because it is a masterpiece from a bygone era. It has an soft, sharp dry down, but I feel like I am walking into a lovely sweet fragrant garden with the wind blowing. This perfume is a MUST for perfumistas or collectors. It is discontinued, however, fortunately, I have just purchased two bottles at a chemist wanting to get rid of old stock. It is also available on Ebay.

MUST8936
MUST8936

Sun and joy are in a bottle!

paleface
paleface

Sometimes when reading reviews one wonders, if we really are talking about the same scent, so different are the experiences and views :-D

Anyway, MY Byzantine (11 years old bottle) opens with a blast of mimosa and spices, and above all lingers a huge cloud of clove (not listed, but Sarah Baz Eleazar also gets that spice). The blend is strong and savory, very warm.

This oriental mixture takes a long time to calm down, and actually it never loses totally its spiciness, but some new tones step in when wood aromas become more prominent.

Later my nose claims that it detects vanilla (not listed) and perhaps sweet heliotrope ("caramel nuances"). I think, that in that third phase Byzantine resembles Byzance as a multi-faceted, rich concoction, and deserves this twin name and bottle. Sillage is at first outstanding, later good, and longevity remarkable (that is, a whole day on me).

All in all, the question here, in my opinion, is not about flowers as much as spices and wood. Byzantine is really an original, loud but oddly sophisticated, delightful scent! I would not hesitate to call it a masterpiece.

Sarah Bas Eleazar
Sarah Bas Eleazar

A light floral scent but very present. I believe it made for a very stylish women above 30 years old, very feminine and delicate but strong personality. Below the flowers you can smell the cloves, subtle, giving the oriental touch. Very beautiful!

marta.milé
marta.milé

Does anyone know any fragrance that smells like Byzantine??? thanks.

glitteralex
glitteralex

Soapy aldehydes give way to a waxy mimosa, with a soft oriental drydown. Marvelous!

Mushana
Mushana

...I wore it in 1997 at uni and I went to dinner with friends and a tourist turned from a table behind us and asked what fragrance I had on and I proudly stated the name, and she was impressed that such a young woman would have such expensive taste! But the look of pride on my then boyfriends face was the cherry on top......to be young and superficial!:-)

mimosabee
mimosabee

I think they discontinued this one. I liked the oriental, musky scent that gives the impression of an oriental bazaar in a Mediterranean city kind of effect... This perfume reminds Dune by Dior a bit and it definitely is a mature smell. Would smell better on bronze skin.

CaraMia
CaraMia

The name Byzantine conjures up something puzzling and labyrynth like, but the fragrance does none of those things and that is completely good.

This is listed as an oriental scent and I expected something spicy and powdery, but was pleasantly surprised to dind that the florals dominated the composition and that it was surpisingly sunny and bright and very appropriate for daytime wear. Sure, there's carnation and yes orange blossom can be dolorous and sweet, but when there's mimosa galore, muguet and citrus a scent tends to make my mood float in the air. Byzantine is such a scent. Maybe some will find a complicated maze in the accords and if I spent way too much time analysing, I might be able to look in every nook and cranny of the fragrance, but I can appreciate the overall scent immediately. Pretty!

Miss_Smart
Miss_Smart

I felt like The Sun wearing this.
Its one of my first perfumes.
Classy, elegant and vibrant.
Loved it!

KalteStern
KalteStern

I do not think it is available anymore - a pity - it was a good day time scent. I haven't been able to buy any since 2002

Byzantine by Rochas 4.52 out of 5 based on 56 ratings and 12 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Rochas Byzantine fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Rochas Byzantine, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Byzantine by Rochas. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Byzantine by Rochas represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.