Designers » R S » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Eau de Rochas Rochas for women

Eau de Rochas Rochas for women
dislike

Eau de Rochas Rochas for women Videos Eau de Rochas Rochas for women Videos Eau de Rochas Rochas for women Videos Eau de Rochas Rochas for women Videos
Eau de Rochas Rochas for women Pictures Eau de Rochas Rochas for women Pictures Eau de Rochas Rochas for women Pictures Eau de Rochas Rochas for women Pictures Eau de Rochas Rochas for women Pictures Eau de Rochas Rochas for women Pictures Eau de Rochas Rochas for women Pictures

Eau de Rochas by Rochas is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for women. Eau de Rochas was launched in 1970. The nose behind this fragrance is Nicolas Mamounas. Top notes are lime, mandarin orange, basil, grapefruit, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are coriander, carnation, patchouli, jasmine, narcissus and wild rose; base notes are oakmoss, sandalwood, amber and musk.

Lime Mandarin Orange Basil Grapefruit Bergamot Lemon

Coriander Carnation Patchouli Jasmine Narcissus Wild Rose

Oakmoss Sandalwood Amber Musk

O de Lancome
Zinnia

Eau de Rochas Fragrance Reviews

sky hype
sky hype

too damn vintage to my taste, can't stand it.

Tiger84

Who said that refreshment has to be clean and boring? (Well, probably some contemporary American person. Luckily, the 1970's French thought otherwise and gave us Eau de Rochas.)

This is old school, and dries down to a personal type skin scent that is borderline dirty and has the eroticism that almost no modern creation dares to carry (at least in the mainstream). I wouldn't have expected that from a refreshing summer citrus. Could last longer though, probably needs more sprays.

It smells very natural, really like opening some citrus fruit, you can even smell the bitterness of the peel, brilliantly done! Love that slight bitter twist! Also, it suits both genders perfectly.

This was my first impression, will update.
My tester bottle doesn't have the gorgeous looking cap, but the bottle itself looks great.

birdy
birdy

just love it's hollyday club in a bottle!

Tiger84

Just when I decided no more fragrance... this one is back in stock! And for a good price... and who knows for how long... bit the bullet. :) Though summer is ending who knows if this scent will be available here next year for this cheap.

Thaxter
Thaxter

Just ordered another bottle of this. Such a light, beautiful, soft, and calming fragrance!

I have tried so many fragrances the past year, looking for that one that would feel right every morning before heading to work. This is it! The bergamot is bracing and clean, and it dries down to a very soft iris scent without losing that bright opening too much. I do not find anise listed as an ingredient but I seem to detect it in this scent.

It's perfect for my work environment where I have the misfortune to be in a West Coast office that contains many "fragrance sensitive" people. When I leave the office I respray, and I even spray this on before going to bed. There's something so seamless, soft, and effortlessly pretty about this fragrance, something classic and definitely fresh. I always feel more put together and feminine in the mornings after I spray this.

rasputin1963
rasputin1963

No tricks about it, just an extremely good-smelling, refined, high quality, European-style citrus cologne, but with a hint of a patchouly/chypre-like base. I would not call it "green" in any way. Easily unisex. Light, sharp, nose-tickling, elegant, cooling with delicate herbal qualities. I do seem to get distinct neroli and honeysuckle notes, though they are not listed in the "official" olfactive pyramid. The jasmin betrays a hint of "old-school" indoles. Coriander make the whole mix pleasantly, delicately bitter, which it stays throughout its development. Everything is blended seamlessly, and no one note stands out at all. The ambered base smells rather sunbaked, like a hot golden St. Tropez beach, and neroli confers its suntan lotion feeling. The ultimate summer scent, it's just pure pleasure with no hidden intrigues at all.

icecube

It seems to be discontinued once again.

kl99
kl99

I remember the first time i bought eau de rochas was a summer of the end millennium. I was in love with the bitter lemony and aromatic smell of eau de rochas like laundry hanging in the sun, .. so 70's but that always remember me my childhood and the aroma in the air of that time. This fragrance is so refreshing and it is oxygen into a bus in the center of Florence. Even is the fragrance is easily wearable for both sexes expecially nowdays of "one million" men, that time I was worried cause e.d.r. was a fragrance for women, and i am officially a man. Then I went to my cousin asking her opinion about the fragrance "I've bought this perfume by Rochas, well.. this is for woman, but I don't think that is so extremely feminine.. what do you think?" she sniffed at the scent, and declared: "After Shave." "don't be afraid. You smell like my father."
Well, when I talk with the women that were in their youth in the end of 60s full 70s also firsts 80s I've learned (and i guess according with the story of perfumery) that there was a sort of repulsion to fragrances to much feminine or sensual and a lot of women prefears to wear perfume for man. psychologically also for have the same indipendence and don't be seen fragile, with needs or protection by men, and refusing to appear like a sexy doll or a cat in heat needing to a fast pregnancy. So the perfumery followed that line and request. Anyway i bought again eau the rochas some years ago and even if I find the opening identical I presume (but maybe is just my imagination) that the heart is a bit changed.I find it more rosy (a friend of mine said "smell like thorn bush" she is not a perfumista she never wears perfume but incredible there is a persistent wild rose in it!) and less metallic and the entire fragrance is more persistent of I use to remember. But even if reformulations are always behind the corner to bite you, memory is always susceptible to imperfections.

Well, I have a problem with citrus-notes.. they turn male'ish on my skin, so eau de Rochas is very fresh male'ish strongsmelling and longlasting scent on my skin. Not for me.

Tja, jag har ett problem med citrus-noter, de blir gärna manliga på min hud, så Eau de Rochas är otroligt fräsch, manlig, stark och superhållbar doft på mig. Inget för mig, tyvärr.

Jerrythecat

Decided to go crazy and stock for the summer as I now have been with my old friend Eau de Rochas for a few weeks: I have bought another 250 ml bottle.
This perfume is really wicked in a good way and confirms the old adage that great perfumes are those you can't smell on you, but now and again remind you of their presence. That is exactly why EDR is about: discretion, class, citrusy freshness that evolves into a kind of subtle metallic flowery composition in some kind of masculine way.
For a man and in the unisex "eaux" range, EDR is crispier than Escale à Parati (one of my favourites from Dior) and less flowery than Ô de Lancome (another of my favourites). It is sharper and even more masculine in a way than the EDR for Men which is very common to my view. If you are a guy, a splash or spray of EDR after showering will uplift your spirits, put you in a great mood (especially in the dark winter days), and will make you ready for the day ahead without feeling you have put too much on!
I can't express enough how I love and crave for this perfume!

icecube

Fresh opening - like a freshly squeezed lemon lemon over my wrist.
But I fell this is more for men then women as it most prominente notes on me is lemon and oskmoss. None of the other notes comes trough on my skin so for me this is a no no.

Jerrythecat

Just bought a 220ml bottle on the internet and I am excited about this baby to arrive. My first memory of this perfume was flying from Paris to Toulouse on an Air Inter flight in the late 80's. I was one of the first to board the plane and one of the cabin attendants had probably splashed herself with Eau de Rochas before meet and greet. The smell was clean, crisp citrusy and so stylish and chic that I asked her what she was wearing and bought it for me.
Yep I'm a bloke and thinks that that some perfumes are unisex and have been wearing some women branded ones ever since: Angel, Escale a Parati, Aromatics Elixir, Empreinte and Eau by Courrèges. I have recently come back to the "eau" as they are safe, personal and intimate with this feel good after shower fresh factor, compared to their pungent sisters which have a tendency to be in your face and then disappear. The "eaux" are more subtle, closer to your personality and to your skin and can be worn any time.
I have read that Rochas are now part of the Procter and Gamble brand, so I hope that their eau has retained the same comforting scent in its reformulation as the original. More to say in a next posting.

Edit: just received my little baby today, and wow, it felt like a long lost friend I had not seen for years. The opening note has slightly changed compared to the original and I must say a tad synthetic. But the base note is exactly what it has always been: a citrusy, flowery and fresh note. Not overpowering, just simply classy and subtle. Definitely a unisex perfume and even more for me as a middle-aged man when I now prefer soft and personal scents and spray again during the day whenever I feel to, instead of one spray of those overpowering modern ones that tend to be so complicated that you get bored with them quickly.

I am now back on my plane to Toulouse...

Yudum
Yudum

My mum loves this smell but I just dont get it theres nothing special about it but I would say its a 40 plus female scent not for young people.

maajake
maajake

Very nice cool, fresh fragrance. But I can swear that I smell anise - am I the only one? I have a small vintage for swap!

Eau de Rochas should be classified as unisex. I could easily enjoy the scent of this on a man, as well as I do on my own skin.

The opening of Eau de Rochas reminds me of the scent of lemonade. It's very lemony, sparkling and crisp. Eau de Rochas shares a few similarities with Chanel's Cristalle Eau Verte. As you would expect, Eau de Rochas is a Summer scent.

I find Summer to be rather depressing, as I'm not a fan of the heat and humidity. If I were to spritz on Eau de Rochas of a morning, I think my day would improve greatly. Think of this fragrance as a mood-booster.

The opening is light and citrusy, however the drydown is a touch more masculine. Basil, coriander, sandalwood, oakmoss and patchouli only add to this fragrance's complexity without detracting away from Eau de Rochas' fresh approach.

Eau de Rochas has moderate projection, and surprisingly good longevity to boot. It's quite sensational for a Summer scent. Here's hoping that a discontinuation is not on the cards. I do love this fragrance.

greenelf
greenelf

I went through a period of obsession with "Eaus"--all those light, citrusy, fresh daytime scents that are so big in Europe. First, in high school, I fell in love with "Eau De Love" and virtually poured it over my head everyday. ( I would kill for another bottle of that one--long gone, I fear!)Then, in the 80's I fell in love with Eau De Givenchy, fresh and flowery, and I still have some of that one. When I worked for Lancome I used both Eau De Lancome and their late 90's scent, O Oui. But THIS is my all time favorite Eau--crisp and lemony on the top, with a little herbal astringency,the mid note is full of sweet spring flowers, jasmine and narcissus to die for--and the mossy, musky base notes smooth it all out. Like all eaus--not a lot of staying power, but the floral notes do linger for a while. I miss this--just a tiny mini left, I fear!

stormyla
stormyla

This was the first Rochas fragrance that I ever wore back in the early 70's. I liked it's light refreshing character and used a number of bottles of it, then moved on to other things. Recently I acquired several small bottles of the original scent with the old name of Eau de Roche. They are each EDT. The juice has held up well and the scent is still very pleasing.

I don't know when and how much the scent has been reformulated, but if you want to be sure to get a vintage bottle look for one with the old name. There are several available on Ebay right now.

Generally, I don't care for the "Eau" type of fragrances,lemon based summer colognes, but this one is the exception. Maybe it's the basil or the carnation, but this one has just enough sweetness to feel feminine so that I really do enjoy it.

The vintage EDT has modest sillage and decent longevity, about 6 hours. That's fine for a summer scent as usually I will shower before going out for a night activity and I will then wear a different fragrance for the evening!

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

Eau de Rochas is refined refreshment.
The fragrance opens with a bracing citrus combination. Lime and grapefruit both are very prominent to my nose. Soon the sparkling citrus opening is accompanied by a salty herbal accord. Basil probably. Fresh basil does not smell like this accord, not by far, but there are some similarities.
The base of oakmoss offers a dark damp coolness. A walk in a forest on a hot day. A moment's respite in the shade of the mighty trees.
But not for long. This perfume is more about light, about the blazing sun than about darkness.

I could hardly think of a perfume that's more suited on a hot, humid day than Eau de Rochas. I love the lack of sweetness and the fact that this perfume, despite the salty freshness, never turns the least bit aquatic. The malestrom bottle represents this perfume beautifully and the big spray nozzle gives the biggest, most refreshing sprays.
Eau de Rochas is a perfume that is worth having in the biggest size available.

Marygold
Marygold

I can't wait to have it. I hope I will like it based on reviews and notes. Some dislike it for the masculine drydown and I'd love it for this... I hope this will be what i am looking for - freshness, spices and Mediterranean. I'm so sick of artificially delicious and sugary smells with no soul...

Edit: Not what I was hoping for...:(

Henriette
Henriette

This is a scent that despite reformulation and passing of time is still perfect.
Summery scents all in all are much alike: citrus, woodsy drydown, a little bit of spices ...
Eau de Rochas is a nice fresh blast of water that refreshes you but with the addition of a strong personality that says: "Hey, I am here to last and not disappear in minutes".
Yes, what distinguishes Eau de Rochas from other Eaux is the personality: well crafted, unique, assertive, strong. But never ever overwhelming, never ever slamming, just perfect as only true ladies can be.
A masterpiece.

Na0
Na0

There's a proverb which says "Before to love it, learn to hate it".

First time I felt it, I was like "Blaaaahhhhh, that's awful and heady. What is this thing ?"
But, few days after, I felt it again, because there was a note (I don't know which one) I liked, in the back.

Second time... Marvelous, its freshness is unparalleled ! I feel to scent the most perfect icecube ever !

nellyrlight@aol.com
nellyrlight@aol.com

the base notes on my skin were a great mood altering (for better!) for me..I did love this perfume..It's funny I was remembering the scent, and the bottle but couldn't remember the maker of this great perfume the other day..and while I was just browsing now, it just appeared here..so I wanted to drop a line..very special perfume!

shannonny
shannonny

I'm sitting here loving the smell of Eau de Rochas. I just got out of a hot bath which I bubbled up with White Linen gel: I wanted something dry and crisp, like champagne, after a rather grungy day. Even though it's what passes for winter in San Diego, I wanted to continue the "fresh, smart, summery" feeling from the bath, so I picked Eau de Rochas.

There was an Eau de Rochas mini bottle in the kit of toiletries in the bathroom of my room at Le Meurice hotel in Paris, when I was fortunate to stay there more than 20 years ago. I took one every day, and it was replaced every day, for three days. Three minis that got all used up.

Twenty years have passed, I've discovered fragrance with a vengeance, and this was the first old friend I called back. Oh la! It has the aroma of a simple salad: pungent herbs and young greens dashed with coarse salt and pepper, and a sprinkle of lemon juice.

The basil, salty basil, predominates on my skin. And I do pick up black pepper (likely the patchouli note). I love flowers and wouldn't mind them here, but I smell nary a pretty petal: On me, Eau de Rochas is bouquet garni, savory...a clear, cool broth sipped from a shallow bowl. Really rather foodie; a clean, nourishing aura.

Which I find quite pleasant, and languidly sensuous, in its way, like a fit and healthy person lying at rest.

Sillage: A skin scent
Duration: Aboout an hour (on me)

Blue_Lady_Jane
Blue_Lady_Jane

I hit 16 and suddenly the interest in perfume began. I bought this for my 16th birthday and have hardly ever been without a bottle since. I feel refreshed simply looking at the icy bottle & top design, not a one-note citrus that smells like lemon detergent, this is a favourite of mine I still never tire of nearly 30 years later.

hedda201
hedda201

A crisp clean smell that can brighten any mood!
My signature scent, goes with everything.

milkyway
milkyway

oh whow, this thing really blew my mind!
The opening is very sharp and dull at the same time, so as soon as applied it gives an impression of a typical crisp and bland cologne..HOWEVER, then it settles down, and Oh. My. God. it smells delicious! The initial citrucy smell to something great and rounded- warmed up[ by moss and basil and with lovely powdery rose..the lime aftertaste(reminiscent of cocktails;)) adds a bit of coquette and tropical undertone..loved it...

caca102
caca102

This smell like an old school man's cologne on me (4711?). It opens with a bright citrus note then quickly turn into a cold and bitter smell. It is long lasting (all day) but too masculine on me. However I find it works great when layering it with fragrances that I find too sweet for warm weather(Cabotine, for example). It adds coolness and complexity, turning the sweetness into a refreshing and unique summer scent, a definite keeper. Guys should try this too if they are looking for a classic male cologne with good longevity.

judyk
judyk

4711 goes to Monaco. I *like* it!

pomdgf
pomdgf

If you find something fresh and clean like the air after raining I highly recommend this fragrance. So citrusy but not too sour. Moreover the good point except a fresh water in the glass is a vintage bottle. Perfect for summer but personally I love to wearing when it's raining cause it's double fresh. And it last long enough til the end of the day.

LaPetite
LaPetite

I have bought this one because of the rumors saying that Rochas may discontinue all their scents . Even if they don't I won't regret this purchase because it's a classical i've always wanted to have .
Yes it's a classical , everyone should at least test it once in their life.
Beware ! It's really not a sweety / girly / trendy scent ! Kepp in mind it has been created in 1970 ! Thus i think young women / teenager won't like this at all , But thanks God all young women or teenager are no sheep who follows blindly the advertising's summons of what they're supposed to like for their age.
This is sharp , herbal , even unisex in my opinion . A man could wear it without anyone guessing he is wearing a women scent .
Of course you have the right not to like this perfume, but please, at least try it . It's a classical that belongs to the patrimony of perfumery , and it might dispear soon !
Besides this it really makes me think of Diorella !

dlane1953
dlane1953

This is a review for a vintage bottle, eau de toilette circa 1970s era.

Awesome. It's more of a light chypre IMO than a citrus fragrance since the mid and base notes take over after the fresh opening.

The opening is refreshing, vibrant and invigorating. Crisp and herbal. The basil accord adds an herby freshness to the usual line-up of citrus notes. Bergamot, lime, and lemon are the strongest notes I detect from the range listed above.

The heart is lightly sweet and spicy, the carnation giving a "zingy" note to the sweeter accords of jasmin and rose. Heavy on the patchouli! This strong note, I think, is what makes Eau de Rochas a stand-out in the category of citrus fragrances. If you're looking for pure and simple citrus, this probably won't be up your alley.

After roughly an hour I started picking out the basenotes, and again, these accords make this frag exceptional in its category.Oakmoss, vetiver and amber keep it earthy, the musk is sensual. Not only do these notes add longevity, but also depth and sexiness. Words not usually associated with hot-weather fragrances in my experience.

I can't think of anything I'd rather wear in the sultry heat of summertime. The crisp herbiness of the opening notes topping the woody base seems the best of all worlds. I feel as if I'm wandering along a wooded stream, the air filled with the fragrance of lush greenery and wild herbs. It's heavenly.

Sillage good, longevity 7-8 hours on me. A great unisex fragrance, guys.

Pinja
Pinja

Eau de Rochas, Diorella, Cristalle and Eau Sauvage seem like a family.
Eau de Rochas I expected to be the most cologne-like out of the 4, but it's maby closer to a chypre or a citrus aromatic, as labeled above.

The scent is from a different era. That is clear from the very first sniff. It does not smell modern or contemporate, but it does smell great.
I appreciate a good drydown, and Eau de Rochas develops beautifully. It is not linear or boring.
Lovely.

Peachply
Peachply

My mother introduced me to many fragrances, particularly the crisp green sort. I am still interested in them but this to me does it so well. Many today smell so ummm, unnatural? Somehow this one was sharp in a clean way, not cloying as so many seem now. Love it for spring and summer.

krmarich
krmarich

As the 1970s rolled in, Rochas became commonplace and a bestseller worldwide. The greener, cooler more carefree era began. Eau de Rochas was the first real aquatic to me. There were no watery notes(calone), yet it reminded me of the beach.

The notes are really a fougere with coumarin added. The florals remained in the background. Yes, I would say it was the first unisex offering. One didnt say this too loudly in the day. You just wore it. It was relaxing, refreshing and comfortable.

If you can find a vintage, grab it up and take on your next holiday to the seashore!

Marie76
Marie76

It's citrus, yes, but there's also some notes I get ( salt, mainly, and also grass) that make it masculine and sharp. it evokes summers in the seaside for me. I always have a bottle of this going.

Tansycat
Tansycat

Yes I think they did reformulate it and weakened it. I also bought a similar fake dark green liquid, and in the Eau De Rochas bottle! I do like the original.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

Like Mediterranean, Eau de Rochas evokes strong family memories for me which is one reason I like it so much. My mum died suddenly a few years ago, which was devastating of course, and she had a large bottle of this which she used on and off, as well as other perfumes such as Dune. There's still some left in her bottle, which I still have, and I sometimes sniff it and it brings back vivid memories of my mum, sometimes sad ones and sometimes happy ones. Sometimes I cry when I smell it because it reminds me so much of her. Of course, I can't bring myself to use up the remainder of it (which, by the way, still smells as lovely now as it did years ago and it hasn't gone 'off' at all) so I keep it because of its connection to my mum, as well as the loveliness of it. It's such a lovely, clear, fresh, invigorating smell, like a refreshing eau de cologne, very European smelling, and I think it's wonderful. No wonder it's a classic. It's ideal for spring and summer use but can easily be worn all year around. Also, the bottle's so pretty!

As for some of the reviews here which say it's nauseating, smells like disinfectant, etc, although of course everyone has their own take on things, to use words like that is totally inappropriate for such a delightful perfume as this. In my opinion it's an entirely inoffensive scent and so not the type of perfume that should provoke such a strange reaction! If it was heavy and pungent like 'classics' such as Opium, LouLou, etc, I could see it evoking strong dislike in some people but it's not like those kinds of perfumes (thank god!).

Eau de Rochas is a very special perfume, very, very recommendable and well worth the effort of tracking down a bottle!

Sassy1
Sassy1

I had high hopes for this one but it falls short of expectations.
For all the citrus notes, I find that only the lime really stands out and it's life is very quick and fleeting. It's not jolting, bracing or house-cleaner like but refreshingly crisp for a minute or less before it flits away.

Then comes on the powder and tons of it (no iris here? Hmmm). It reminds me of the round scented box my mom used to have on her dresser, you know, with the big powder puff? As far as I can remember, she never wore this scent but it's a dead ringer for whatever cheap drugstore body powder gift she got for Christmas every year. (probably from me!)

Due to the poor citrus durability and linear line of this jus, I'm going to take a wild guess and say what I have is reform and not for the better.

I expected something bright and cheerful but instead was stuck with a dowdy wallflower doomed never to dance, at least on my skin.

Sorry Rochas, try again.

smellsogood
smellsogood

Imagine a clear stream of water bubbling over large smooth black pebbles, with lush green banks on either side, the grass and herbs trailing in the water. Now bottle it, and voila you have Eau de Rochas. This is a staple spritz for hot weather or feeling under the weather. Refreshing, uplifting and totally great!

mediterranean
mediterranean

I remember smelling this for the first time when I was 15. I was walking to Santiago de Compostela in July with some friends and one of the ladies in charge of the group used it. When I returned home I was begging my mother to buy it for my birthday in August and finally I got it. When I sprayed it my mum thought it was lovely too and it has been her signature scent ever since. My sister uses it too and although I still love it, with so many people around wearing it, it has become a family mark. Sometimes I wear it in scorching summer days. So refeshing !

seatonica
seatonica

Cold - like plunging into a deep, green jungle pool on on hot day.

klauditapaz
klauditapaz

Hello. This is my favorite fragance, but is not on sale in Chile and Duty Free of South America. l buy several when l travel to Europe. l can not compare this smell with anything else.
My dream is get the 440 ml bottle, but l could not find it!!!

Elfies
Elfies

I remember beautiful lace box with Eau de Rochas standing on the shelf in my grandmother closet. I was always curious what treasure was hiding there inside. This is a truly scent of my childhood. Now putting it on I feel younger :) I would agree with many reviews under that it is truly a "sea scent". Slightly salty, windy and very fresh. Patchouly coming out the strongest for me. It is such a splash of energy scent - something to use for every ocasion when you want to stay alert and awake.

True gem!

wprofumo
wprofumo

If I could keep only one perfume on my list, it would have to be this one.

guest_Angel
guest_Angel

The best citric fragrance .I love it.

BIG
BIG

I like Eau de Rochas for women a lot lot more than the one for men! This scent is so refreshing and develops so beautifuly, unlike the men's versions, which i consider to be a bit too loud and harsh. And yeah, i'm a guy :)

Lottis
Lottis

My very first perfume ... and my signature scent for a long time.
I got the chance to try it for a few days ago and it was exactly as I remember it. It is incredibly crisp, citrus and fresh unisex scent. I loved it then and I still like it, but it feels a little outdated.

Would be fun to try something else from Rochas. Strangely, I have never taken the chance. They are hard to come by here in Sweden ... so, what should I buy online from Rochas?

lyndsey12
lyndsey12

I love how refreshing this fragrance is, it has been a favourite of mine for several years now.
Although, I do agree that it is slightly masculine in dry down, almost unisex. Therefore, I have to be in the mood to wear this!
Lovely classy bottle as well :)

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

A citrus aromatic in the classic style. Structured, yet somehow a bit masculine after the top notes have worn off. I think I just don't have the right chemistry for it.

mandi
mandi

Thanks to Sky for allowing me to test this fragrance.

This fragrance reminds me of something or someone, but i can't put my finger on exactly what or whom just yet. Maybe it was a friend's signature scent?

It is light and crisp, very citrus - the notes that jump out to me from the top notes are lemon, lime and verbena gradually i feel the presence of discreet woody notes; on my skin the flowers are completely mute.

This is a very calming and relaxing scent, what a grown, self aware, woman would would wear while chilling on a warm day.

chyprecat
chyprecat

Oh, this one takes me back a few years. It is lush and fresh and sharp; the perfume equivelant of a white cotton shirt on a hot summer's day beside the sea. Makes me want to take my shoes off and misbehave a little. A frangrance to live in, bath in, get sleepy in and make love in. A superb rendition of the classic citrus and worth every penny, and then some!!!

guest_Leena
guest_Leena

40 years and this lady is still going strong. If you are looking for a spring or summer fragrance this is a fabulous choice. It´s very fresh, spicy (coriander) and aromatic. Lovely.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

Now- this is how CK one should have smelled if it was any good. This is a beautiful cologne which smells truly clean and uplifting with a hint of patchouli which I love. I wear this on hot days and I think it would smell fab on a guy too All in all, i'm really impressed with the house of Rochas- they really make good quality, timeless scents

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

A strange old-fashioned perfume. Citruses are hardly smelled there. Basil is the leading. I can't say it's a light refreshing scent. No. I reminds me hard spicy aldehydes. I think it's for mature self-confident and a little strict women.
An unusual and interesting one, but I can't get used to it. Luckily I have it in miniature.

ignis
ignis

I remember coming across this fragrance right before hitting puberty. I quickly fell in love with it then and vowed to make it my favorite fragrance. As time passed, i started having second thoughts about it, probably because i moved from a hot climate country to a much colder one (?). This is most definitely THE fragrance for hot weather. It's ultra citrusy, refreshing and energizing, and it makes me think of a type of music that is mostly written/sung in high notes (Soprano).

guest_toni
guest_toni

My French mother-in-law gave me the lotion on my last visit to Brittany. I immediately fell in love. This scent is perfect for the summer. When I came back home to New York City I had to start doling it out to all my friends and family. Good thing I had the 17oz bottle!

Magdalena79
Magdalena79

I splashed it all over my body for a whole weekend at the Greek sea and it was then that i was first enchanted by this perfume.
this is definitely a sea scent, but not in the sense of today’s aquatic scents. it is sour and salty and sweaty and refreshing at the same time. it carries the whole charm of the Mediterranean – the hot weather, the wind, heated streets and stone buildings, the simple old-time furniture and antiquity of the place, the cuisine and the scent of sea.
it has some of my favourite notes – lime, grapefruit, spices, patchouli, woods, moss.
a skin scent that is naturally fresh, sexy and sophisticated. sometimes dirty, primitive and animalistic… i feel it like that.
and there is also an aristocratic, a-bit-decadent air in it. a strange attraction. definitely provoking imagination and taking to other worlds. this is what i love most about perfumes!
i’m going on holiday very soon, at the same place, and this one will be with me most of the time.

manitrabe
manitrabe

Since I've got this fragrance I fell in love with it. The citrus notes are very light.

wildheaven
wildheaven

Simply a masterpiece, it blends a mineral fresh aspect with a sensual dirty quality. I smells like out-of-the shower freshness with a hint of warm skin. I had a friend that loves this fragrance because it was the only one she could stand when she was pregnant...

Philyra
Philyra

I dreamed about this perfume long before I was able to afford it. And when I finally bought it, it was worth both the waiting and every penny it cost, and still is. It was my first perfume and I’m sure it will be a regular in my wardrobe for as long as it remains in production, which I hope is for many many years to come. I have always loved how revitalising it is. The combination of the citruses in the top notes is simply a work of art. I also like its consistency, in that the dry down is not something completely unexpected, like it happens with some perfumes out there in the market. And as for the aesthetics of the presentation, I think they are flawless: water running over clear glass, what better way to evoke the freshness and the crispness of this scent.

Enchant
Enchant

Starts out very pretty and fresh, but after about 20 minutes I smell a musty scent. I can still smell the fresh scent though, and then the musty note. I am testing a sample so maybe I got a bad one because nobody else has brought it up.

Evel
Evel

For me, the absolute BEST summerfragrance. Summer here in Spain can get very hot and humid, so this is the most refreshing and sophisticated scent there is. Its very popular amongst Spanish ladies, as shops are packed with this line of EDT and matching bodyproducts.

Lolly007
Lolly007

Erfrischender Sommerduft. Auch nach 12 Jahren immer noch aktuell.

Refreshing summer smell. Also after 12 years still topically.

golden
golden

Hi Mado well i think you will fall in love with it.
It's so clean and fresh and full of beautiful sunshine. Trust me it's wonderful.

Mado Haddad
Mado Haddad

A friend of mine gave me the miniature of this perfume 10 years ago (when I was 12)& I never wore it.. I've always sniffed it from the bottle & put it back in place, I simply didn't like it then..
Now, I sniff it & say in my mind: may be on my skin it won't smell so bad, I think it's OK & refreshing but, I've never tried a citruss Aromatic fragrance on... I imagine myself wearing it , when I'm on a beach overlooking the Mediterranean :)
I'll wear it sometime & tell you how it is like :D

vertigo
vertigo

a fragrance with a backbone :)

Eau de Rochas by Rochas 3.70 out of 5 based on 363 ratings and 66 user reviews

macys.com
Rochas Eau de Rochas Eau de Toilette Spray, 3.3 oz
Rochas Eau de Rochas Eau de Toilette Spray, 3.3 oz
Gift Set 3.3oz
Rochas Eau De Rochas Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.3oz Body Lotion 250ml 8.4oz 2pcs
Eau De Toilette 1oz
Eau De Rochas Perfume by Rochas, 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Eau De Rochas Perfume by Rochas, 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Rochas Eau de Rochas fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Rochas Eau de Rochas, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau de Rochas by Rochas. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau de Rochas by Rochas represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.