Designers » R S » Woody Chypre « Groups

Lui Rochas Rochas for men
dislike

Lui Rochas Rochas for men Videos
Lui Rochas Rochas for men Pictures

Lui Rochas by Rochas is a Woody Chypre fragrance for men. Lui Rochas was launched in 2003. Lui Rochas was created by Michel Almairac and Amandine Marie. Top notes are lemon and neroli; middle note is cedar; base notes are patchouli, vanilla and amber.

Lemon Neroli

Cedar

Patchouli Vanilla Amber

Lui Rochas Fragrance Reviews

malencar
malencar

fiscusmuskus....U got a fake one !

ficusmuskus
ficusmuskus

Wow the good reviews here are mind-blowing but Lui not so... just simple faint fragrance , i was so surprised to read some reviewers here describe it as strong and sharp, nothing strong here, I can barely smell this, will put it away and try it again in the morning. Disappointed.

benpitt
benpitt

This one is for the aficionados; it is a great blend, but it has the old-timey feel a lot of lauded fragrances do. It's hard to say exactly what it is, but you usually know when a cologne has a grandpa/grandma feel to it.

No disrespect; it is unique and obviously made with high quality ingredients, it's just one of those that takes a seriously discerning nose to like.

Potion666
Potion666

After reading so many Good things about Rochas Lui.

I decided to go for it , I was lucky i found it on my usual online fragrance shopping store for 3000INR ($50) for a 100ml (Did i spend More??)

Being Owner of many Niche Fragrances, I would say i was absolutely stunned by the Quality of Ingredients and Fine Blending.

Unique , Clean and what a Gentlemen's Fragrance.

Cant wait for Winters to wear this Masterpiece.

P.S. I am in India and got it from Unboxed.In and in India its Available on Ebay for 9000 INR($150) , on Amazon for 4000 (~$60)

tige60

Just to follow up on my previous review...love this fragrance so much that I decided to buy another large bottle just in case it becomes really scarce and the cost then become ridiculous...Rochas Lui is a masterpiece in how the notes are beautifully blended and it becomes utterly compelling at times...completely agree with alfarom in his comments on this fragrance, "When I smell something like "Rochas Lui" I understand why I love fragrance."

ROCHAS LUI = UNIQUELY GORGEOUS

tige60

Decided to buy this after reading the many glowing comments here and I have to say that I can't believe how much I LOVE LUI. Gorgeously blended clean fragrance that I can't seem to keep my nose from. Probably one of the best ever fragrance purchases I will make based solely on the comments of others I've never met. A big thank you firstly to the house of Rochas and then to "alfarom" for his honest and spot-on comments on Rochas Lui.

I really do LOVE LUI.

Rastak
Rastak

Oh,wish, the fragrance will be reproduced back to my life. Please Rochas product line into the cologne again.10/10

carera
carera

really niche quality high class , should return back to life .

ezequiel91
ezequiel91

Surprisingly well blended. It's really a masterpiece. Nowadays, perfumery is dead... No more of this gem, no more Gucci pour Homme, Bel Ami watered down. It's very strange, art is supposed to be better and better each day, but for us each new release is crap.... Lui, 10/10.!

Jernê Knowles
Jernê Knowles

English:

When you feel it immediately went to my childhood, amid the rustic, bearded, serious and always had a life story to tell my family men. Why did I feel it! I do not know, I can not answer, it was automatic to feel what I felt. Well, Lui de Rochas tears are an independent man sitting at a bar in Palermo, Buenos Aires table, enjoying an Argentine tango in front, where the rustle of the bodies of the dancers can be seen to play out the music on a floor of rustic wood. This man is alone and drinks ancient Scottish Whisky, trying to drown a heartache of a failed romance, is apparently well dressed, bearded recently made and aftershave of the most genuine you are using a citrus cologne pulled closed and the aroma of bitter Lemon. How to strip like he enjoys fresh Asiago cheese and cigar smoke of herbs. Rocks in my nostrils Lui presents exactly like the scenario that an inexpert attempt I set out to describe the above lines. Lemon is pure means amargado washing a log of a large old cedar, sweet and dense environment by chance worked hyper, ie, what was to be an inaccuracy ended a sure guarantee. I will not delve on their attachment and projection, because it has left me dizzy, as a feeling of drunkenness, while uncomfortable, is pleasurable. This design blocks here and draws attention of those around and also fixed as a tattoo done well, the one that causes you joy just thinking, not only because it is hard on you, but because pride causes him to be glued to the body.

Credits to my friend Mario Colombo!

Português:

Ao senti-lo fui imediatamente à minha infância, em meio aos homens rústicos, barbudos, sérios e que sempre tinham uma história de vida para se contar da minha família. Por que fui sentir isto?! Não sei, não consigo responder, foi automático o que senti ao sentir. Bem, Lui de Rochas são lágrimas de um homem independente sentado na mesa de um bar em Palermo, em Buenos Aires, curtindo um tango argentino a sua frente, onde o roçar dos corpos dos bailarinos possa ser percebido ao desenrolarem a música sobre um chão de madeira rústica. Este homem está sozinho e bebe Whisky escocês antigo, tentando afogar uma mágoa de um romance fracassado, está aparentemente bem vestido, de barba recentemente feita e com pós-barba dos mais genuínos que existem, usando uma colônia cítrica e fechada puxada para o aroma de Limão amargo. Como tira gosto, ele aprecia queijo doce Asiago e fuma cigarrilha de ervas. Nas minhas narinas Lui Rochas se apresenta exatamente como o cenário que numa tentativa imperita me propus a descrever linhas acima. É Limão puro meio amargado lavando uma tora de Cedro velha num ambiente amplo, adocicado e denso que por uma casualidade deu hiper certo, ou seja, o que era para ser uma incorreção findou numa garantia de certeza. Não vou aprofundar sobre sua fixação e projeção, pois o mesmo tem me deixado tonto, como uma sensação de embriaguez, ao mesmo tempo que incômoda, é prazerosa. Isso aqui projeta quarteirões e chama a atenção dos que estão em volta e também fixa como uma tatuagem bem feita, aquela que lhe causa alegria só de lembrar, não só pelo fato de está impressa em você, mas porque lhe causa orgulho por estar grudada ao seu corpo.

Créditos ao meu Amigo Mário Colombo!

Cassiano
Cassiano

The world of perfumery is much more interesting and intriguing than most users can imagine. Beyond ratings as "citrus" or "wood", "sweet" or "nauseating", there is a magic behind the creation and the use of each note in the composition of a fragrance.

A single ingredient may generate different nuances according to its extraction, its use in the olfactory pyramid or its merging with other ingredients, i.e., it is possible to get from the same plant, for example, either an earthy tone, or a herbal, or a cooler, or a woody, etc. This also happens with flowers and spices. A single spice can generate nuances that are sometimes hot and burnt, other times raspy, sometimes sweet, other times creamy, etc.

Having said that, I dare say that this cologne has one of the best vanillas (if not the best) I've ever felt in a masculine scent. This vanilla dances between the creamy and the alcoholic, without being too sweet or cloying, as they call it.
This fragrance has notes of neroli, cedar, amber, Sycamore and vanilla. The final result is fantastic! An elegant aroma reminiscent of wealth and pride.

The only problem is that, despite being relatively new (released in 2003), it has been discontinued. A sin!

Cardenal Mendoza
Cardenal Mendoza

Rochas Lui has the subtle masculine sexiness of Gucci Homme I and the sophistication, class, elegance and refinement of a vintage Guerlain. What a magnificent Masterpiece of a fragrance! Very unique and incredibly beautiful, wearing Lui is an 'experience' to behold, taking you to another place in time, on an olfactory journey... Having stumbled across this yesterday afternoon it's beauty has held me prisoner, captivated at first sniff... So sad that these mighty giants of male perfumery get discontinued but I suppose it makes them all the more desirable and unique, especially for those who can be lucky enough to source and buy them at a normal price and from a reputable dealer. This is a triumphant fragrance, I have a 50ml bottle which I shall treasure and use sparingly. Stunning!

Redbeard
Redbeard

RL is interesting to me as a point one notch more toward the floral end among woody orientals...almost like the jasmine (?) and honey components of Bois du Portugal had been amped up. The florals resemble the orange blossom extract water that you can buy at middle eastern markets, or the super-sweet, flowery Namoura pastries that are made with it (uncannily similar to RL!). There's enough patchouli to give it sweetness but not sharpness. Generally, I think RL is too "confectionery," reminding me of the ever-present smells of a candy shop or ice cream shop, which can be sickly sweet, even though RL doesn't actually smell like waffle cones or fudge baking. I like it as a creamy wood scent, but the florals and honey make it too assertively sweet and buttery...for me it's like a good cake that's been ruined by having too much standard white frosting on it.

koala501
koala501

I've owned this great fragrance for a few years now and am only just coming to understand it's greatness. This is a true masculine fragrance which, imo, is very classy and exudes that masculine feel of by gone days. This does not feel out of date by any means and would be extremely versatile. I would be happy wearing this gem dressed casually or with a suit. As a collector of fragrances for over 20 years now Rochas Lui sits at the top of my list. Class, power and quality.

jotalopez
jotalopez

Love this fragrance, one of my favorite scents ever. I've heard Tom Ford created it at the request of the French house of Rochas. Quite reminiscent of Gucci pour homme, Rochas' Lui has this unmistakable smell of the men's colognes made in the seventies. What does it smell like? Have you ever smelled pencil shavings? That's it. But beware, don't misunderstand me, that particular and almost animalistic smell is the result of combining cedar, pepper, amber and vanilla, which by the way, work very well together. Hopefully today's perfumers could make more fragrances like this even when originality seems to have passed away.

GMK
GMK

Many of the classic men fragrances have unfortunately been discontinued or reformulated , i dont know if its a money making strategy by introducing new acquatic, bland watery , cheapo sythentic things or some thing else but LUI was undoubatedly an underrated fragrance , smells very natural and has some soothing elements. I will save the rest for rest of my life.

Stunning stuff.

8.5/10

Fahl

As usual, other persons described de scent very well. Nothing to add to this point.
I just want to say that there are 2 perfumes in my collection that I like to sniff the bottle: one is Egoïste and the second is Rochas Lui.
I am very happy to have this 2 bottles and I will use them for very special ocasions.
Indeed, Rochas Lui was made for evening. And I agree : shame on Rochas for discontinuing this fragrance.
Recently I smelled 1 million and It is simply has no class. It is just a cinnamon bubble gum . Nice to chew but not as perfume.
Rochas Lui has class, or, had class. It's sad to say "had" .

NebelGeîst
NebelGeîst

Another good fragrance discontinued..

Well, what I smell differs from the main notes shown here..
It reminds me strongly to an incense mixture I like to burn from time to time. So what I smell is incense, styrax, amber, patchouli, myrrh and some wood notes on the darker side of the perfume lighted up by citrus notes, a bit orange and lemon, accentuated by the neroli oil.
The notes are well blended and the scent is far more complex than the notes suggest.
To me it´s best worn on evening/night, no matter which season.

Longevity is longlasting and sillage moderate to/on me.

Fahl

Found 2 100ml sealed bottles at a reasonable price, since it is discontinued.
Probably the first and last 2 bottles that I will use.
When I use It, I will write a review.

pronose
pronose

a great scent stopped by rochas???? are they morons!!!!!

saurabhjodhani
saurabhjodhani

This is my first fragrance review. Rochas Lui is one of my favorite fragrances.

I describe RL as a very woody and citrusy fragrance with good longevity and decent projection. The first minute of application smells very spice like Old spice but changes very quicky to its wood and lemony notes which are there to stay. The use of neroli is superb and vanilla adds a little depth to this fragrance. The fragrance does not change much after its application and remains almost linear for most of its stay. RL smells very expensive and is very rare to find today. I have a full bottle and would use it on very special occasions. I just love it.

hadrian
hadrian

God knows why so many good frags, not at all old or dated, aren't produced anymore! Rochas's Lui is one of the kind.
Bitter than CK's Obsession and sweeter & darker than Azzaro PH, RL is a gem for those who love that sort of woody-aromatic, warm, masculine and powerfull scents. A perfect perfume for the winter or cold weather.
Few women will be able to name it, but all of them will like it - on you. So, don't hesitate to spice an evening or a night with something like that. You will remember it - and she will, also.
It's a must have for any respectable collector/perfume lover.
A deserved 9/10

dasa
dasa

I am looking for GPH for a long time now, but to no avail. Got a bottle of dirty English, which reminds of GPH, but lacks quality of the discontinoued legend. Then yesterday, a guy in the perfumery gave me this one to try out and said that this is the closest to GPH he got.
This scent has nothing to do with GPH, to be honest. I dont smell any of the insense nor the red pepper which makes GPH recognizable and unique. This is a high quality juice, no doubt about it, since the longevity is outstanding. Composition is blended very well, and what is interesting about Rochas is that i can smell lemon even in the drydown (it than smells wonderful, not sharp but with a touch of lemon skin bitternes). Usually citruses fade away after half an hour or so, but this one lasts so long. Vanilla is dominant.

Mr.noise
Mr.noise

Find an unsold bottle yesterday at 20 eu.
What a lucky day
4.5/5

Very natural smelling but too simple for me, though if I was a fan of the vanilla/woody fragrance I might like it enough to seek out a bottle. Generally, I only like vanilla if it is in the background, which is not the case here, and I'm not a big fan of any wood notes other than a nicely rendered sandalwood (or a combination including sandalwood). It starts out very "old," somewhat like Habit Rouge but not as "old lady" as that one (especially the EdC), though this phase doesn't last too long. What I find odd is that it begins smelling very "mature" but then goes in a direction one would associate with a younger crowd.

Blutengel
Blutengel

Found a new bottle for a very good price.

Now I can die happy, smelling like heaven

pars2002
pars2002

Thank you Lui for good days and Bye forever

adriana 01
adriana 01

Very nice afther shave i like this

fazalcheema
fazalcheema

what a coincidence..i got Lui today and the topnotes reminded of Dunhill Dunhill Man and now i just found out they both share the creator, Michael Almairac...but Lui is a bit better though Dunhill can be had for much cheaper.

adrianocgo
adrianocgo

Wow...i don't like cedar, but the mix with other notes sounds me impressive and different. I really like it!

behzad1280
behzad1280

The smell is a little like “Opium Pour Homme Yves Saint Laurent”, isn’t it? Ok, I said “a little”!
It’s heavy and sharp, bold and mannish, (not suit for mild men and not for boys!!!)
I don’t know exactly why, but it seems old to me tooooo! Maybe these years perfume designers tend to make them not aggressive or harshy. I said “Maybe”!

این عطر منو یاد ادکلن "اوپیوم" میندازه. هر چند طرح قدیمی‌ای نیست اما بوی قدیمی‌ای داره. تند و شدید و حسابی مردونه. از اون بوهای مهربون و جنتل نیست که همه بگن "عجب مرد باوقار و مهربونی"، یه کمی خشنه و واسه جوونترها و مردهای خیلی نازنازی مناسب نیست
دوام و پخش بوی خوبی هم داره

به قول دوستمان :
بهتر از این نمیشه

با احترام
مهرداد

very nice and very good parfum

mohammadali
mohammadali

بهتر از اين نميشه

The_Drake
The_Drake

Yes, this wonderful fragrance is out of production. One can still find it on eBay and Amazon but prices are pretty steep. Bad call discontinuing this one Rochas...

Lui is an old school type of fragrance with its notes perfectly combined, but it has a young feel to it, making it suitable for almost every mood and occasion - for both young and old.

I badly want a full bottle of this exquisite juice.

UPDATE:

I got it!!! Yeeehaaa!!!

Gali22
Gali22

Thia is a wonder ! I could not find it no where. In many places in the last 4 years I was told it is out of production ?!

Smelling Lui made me think about how much we can be silly when we try obstinately to cathegorize perfumes. Niche, Designers, Mass Market, Up-Market etc. etc.. IMO, sometimes (sometimes), we should simply stop making many differencies and divide perfumes into good ones and bad ones. No matter who released or created them. Lui is surely a good one. A very good one.

The bitter-sweet character of this awesome composition left me stunned, amazed and completely fascinated. A perfect blend of aromatic patchouli, vanilla, lemon and neroli joined by a subtle floral accord and laying on a solid cedarwood base. A bold composition perfectly crafted and balanced to never cross the border of vulgarity. Great lasting power. Lui stands at the top of my "favourites" from this house.

When I smell something like "Rochas Lui" I understand why I love fragrance.

jazz444
jazz444

So old school, and that's a compliment. A handful of notes blended together beautifully. On my skin, a very dark (and slightly bitter) vanilla deepens the celestial neroli note that defines Lui.

It's a refined, high-quality masculine that--not surprisingly--melts every woman over 40 with whom I come into contact.

Rochas should be applauded for creating Lui in 2003, bucking the trend of tired aquatics that unfortunately dominate perfume shelves. Simultaneously, they should be excoriated for discontinuing this gem.

guest_oslo-fjord
guest_oslo-fjord

Fantastic smell! Fresh, warm, woody, spicy, sweet. You can almost detect a hint of milk-chocolate lingering in the background. Masculine, sexy, delicious stuff! Very good sillage and staying power. For fastidious gentlemen!

BIG
BIG

I swear, when i sniffed my wrist i thought it's somewhat similar to Guerlain's Habit Rouge!!! Wow!!! Rochas you blew my socks off!!! Speechless!

guest_Bear
guest_Bear

Smells old on a bookworm but if worn by a a grown up 30ish with outgoing attitude, you probably can pull it off as classy and sexy.

svillatoro
svillatoro

Very elegant fragrance, perfect for an evening out. Highly recomended

Stefan
Stefan

reminds me of Hermes. Eu De Hermes.
but sweeter. I like it

popcorn
popcorn

i like this parfum .
i like walk next to man why wear LUI.
have wonderful train. begin strong spicy with power deep and little bitter maybe it is citrus after that long long i feel worm amber and little very soft vanilia .

magnifique aromate

Yiorgos
Yiorgos

I love this old fashioned scent! Its like a perfume comes from the past, even its not old (2003)...Its a pleasant surprire as a smell!

Castor
Castor

A modern interpretation of a classic.

1. Modern interpretation:

- Amazing longevity, thank to the fixatives the cosmetic chemical industry released lately (well, on occasions this can be a nightmare)
- The pressence of woody notes like cedar and incense
- The bottle

2. A classic:

- Neroli, the same neroli found in classical eaux
- A powerbomb the way they used to be back in the 1970's / 1980's

Somtimes wonderful, sometimes cloying, I must recognize that it takes guts to launch a scent like this. Get it while you can: Procter & Gamble, the owner of Mason Rochas, has the ability to anihilate brands and products that can not catch up to financial objectives. So far, judging from the lack of marketing supprt, it seems Rochas fragrances are underachievers for P&G.

4xxx4
4xxx4

fantastic!! first i was expecting some old stuff by descriptions, but this cologne is abslutely modern!! i don t smell anything like barbershop or something in this.. no, this is definitely a man , gourmaid scent, and there is no comparsion wuth gucci ph IMHO..great work, rochas!

Darius HIldenbrandt
Darius HIldenbrandt

wonderful wonderful wonderful ;-)
rare and very refined perfume, wchich for me somehow associates with autumn time and yellow-brown colour

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

An adorable start, but it soon became really really odd on my skin. Actually, it became disgusting. No, thank you.

Herzeleid
Herzeleid

Absulutelly delicius, Man perfume, would recomend it to every one.

angelahta
angelahta

It's a very impressive scent for men. The lemon at the opening is remarkable, and the base mix is overwhelmingly delicious.

afraafra
afraafra

Like nearly all Rochas fragrances it is great , masculin and musky

Abbas
Abbas

LUI the strong citrus scent with deep amber and vinila smell, an eveving wear with great impact of manhood

Lui Rochas by Rochas 4.45 out of 5 based on 177 ratings and 52 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Rochas Lui Rochas fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Rochas Lui Rochas, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Lui Rochas by Rochas. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Lui Rochas by Rochas represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.