Designers » R S » Oriental « Groups

Lumiere Original Rochas for women

Lumiere Original Rochas for women
dislike

Lumiere Original Rochas for women Pictures

Lumiere Original by Rochas is a Oriental fragrance for women. Lumiere Original was launched in 1984. The nose behind this fragrance is Nicolas Mamounas. Top notes are aldehydes, orange blossom, green leaves, violet, fruity notes and bergamot; middle notes are honeysuckle, tuberose, orris root, jasmine, hiacynth, ylang-ylang, lily-of-the-valley, rose and narcissus; base notes are sandalwood, musk, oakmoss, vetiver and cedar.

Aldehydes Orange Blossom Green Leaves Violet Fruity Notes Bergamot

Honeysuckle Tuberose Orris Root Jasmine Hiacynth Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley Rose Narcissus

Sandalwood Musk Oakmoss Vetiver Cedar

Fleur de Fleurs
Angkor

Lumiere Original Fragrance Reviews

lassmichdich
lassmichdich

lumière... this is dusty, powdery-dusty light of magical quality. it isn't real but true.
this light seems to be made of sweetness, the nectar kind, fairy-food kind. no sugar or artificial sweetener here, nothing at all of substance to feed on. and it is more than enough... marvellous light eating utopia.
projects beautifully!-no: shines, shines! -it's light, after all! ..sigh

KaseyC
KaseyC

The version I got is the one with a plastic pink rim around the bottom of the cap. Since the outer part of the cap is broken and repaired, I have no idea of what it originally looks like. I tried to search the internet and the version I found most is with the golden rim. Is mine an older or newer version?

Anyways, what I would like to share is this fragrance is strong, intense and nice when it's sprayed on a piece of paper. On my skin, it opened very nicely with violet and tuberose and then hyacinth joined in. After a while, I think 15 mins, my body heat pulled out the oakmoss note and it's getting stronger and stronger to my nose... all in a sudden I felt so sick and I wanted to throw up. I sniffed from the nozzle and smelled the very ink-like scent from it. I am not sure if it is normal or it has gone bad. This fragrance is nice in the natural environment but not so on me. I cannot wear anything that upsets my stomach. I am very disappointed but I have to let it go :(

tourmali45
tourmali45

An image of an intense ray of white light - cold and strong and piercing. It's a floral light - cool and slim. What I mostly get classifies Lumiere as a floral - no hint of oriental in it. On me it doesn't warm up with time, it just fades.

aboitiz
aboitiz

Oh my......lovely, just simply, truly, deeply lovely. I am a long time Rochas fan but had not tried Lumiere (being "stuck" on Mystere and Femme) ...and then I read some of the reviews here and decided it was a must try. I now know the mini bottle of the original is not going to satisfy me for very long and Lumiere has quickly become a must have.
So, thank you all for leading me to the "light".

suhaesa
suhaesa

lumiere or light..is the perfect name, for the perfect fragrance, in one of the most beautiful bottles, multidimensional cap that reflect the ultraviolet rays.its almost like a rainbow of colors in a purple bottle..my mother used to keep it in her bathroom along side rochas la fem i guess she didn't like them .so as a child i used to go smell them, they are like sisters,both dreamy ,a bit fruity ,unique, a bit powdery, musky ,flowery , lumiere is like a fresh bouquet of unique flowers ..i think its a timeless treasure..its so feminine ,romantic and luscious..

rating 4 out of 5

Jilly B
Jilly B

I purchased a little miniature of this on Ebay and it arrived yesterday.

I wore the original around 1988, when I had my very first serious relationship with a boy. I think I'd bought it because the bottle had been so beautiful, although I also liked the smell.

Well, I put this on my wrist last night, and was transported back to around 1988! With all the memories to boot. Wow.

I still really love this, although maybe it's something to with the memories of 'coming of age'. I don't really care...this is lovely.

tiffingirl
tiffingirl

This reminds me a great deal of Chloe (Lagerfeld) but with more fruit notes.

Peachply
Peachply

My mother wore this and passed it onto me. I remember an airy floral wisp. Very pleasant for any occasion.

mymlan
mymlan

Rochas Lumiere. I could not have said it better than Silverblue. Spot on! Thumbs up and balloon to you :).

I've just bought a slightly used 50 ml bottle and I thought I would experience a 80's powerhouse and kind of a woody and bitter floral aldehyd described far down. But instead this little gem is much smoother than expected and has a delicate touch of fruity notes. The aldehydes are the softer ones like in No5 eau Premiere or L'Interdit, and makes it somewhat airy. It actually reminds me of airy sunny days. Lumiere is well worth buying if you like white florals with an old fashioned touch. Just give me some time to stock up first.

An etheral jasmine fragrance!

silverblue
silverblue

I just obtained a 30ml bottle of this very recently and was instantly moved by its sublime beauty. It exudes mainly airy jasmine grounded with a misty, mid-sweet iris root to my nose. I can detect this distinguished redolence around the nozzle without even actually spraying it. It starts with some burst of aldehyde which reminds me very much of Guerlain Chant d'Arome. Both of them are exquisitely composed of delicate spring bouquet but Chant d'Arome is more powdery and earthy whereas Lumiere is more silky and ethereal. It also contains some crispy fruity note but it is rather fleeting. I can feel there is some complex in its depth but they are so well rounded that you hardly feel a trace of harsh, grounding note that intrudes the whole femininity, which seems to make Lumiere stay in light and simplicity to chant the infinite beauty of spring again and again. I am so glad that I have finally found a jasmine scent that I can truly love and appreciate because it smells very true-to-life but never becomes musty indolic, just like the natural redolent whiff I get when I just enter a spring garden. The delicate and fragile smell of jasmine always make me feel sentimental. I have always felt attracted by the image and the purple bottle of Rochas Lumiere since I was still a 13 years-old, naive teenager. I think it was because I intuitively knew that's a fragrance I am gonna love without reservation. My intuition was right. It has instantly become one of my favorite and I am moving to stock a big bottle because it was discontinued long time ago. Try it while you can still find it. Highly recommended.:)

PS. I would like to add the nose behind Lumiere(original) is Nicolas Mamounas, the same creator for famous Byzance.

krmarich
krmarich

The original masterpiece first met me on a transAtlantic flight in the 80s. I grabbed a bottle duty free. It was so massively intense! Everything about it was as bright as the spring sunshine. It was never a hit in the USA with every thing else getting all of the attention. I gave it to a deserving friend and she wore it often. She always admired my taste in perfume. I though nothing could compare to this powerhouse masterpiece. It was typical for the time, which meant spectacular by todays standard.

Then Rochas became estranged and decided to reformulate this once incomparable bouquet. Its all harsh chemicals and remote florals-nowhere close to the original. Alas, the light has gone out.

jasmasid
jasmasid

There's none other like this one! Used it, with great relish all through the mid to late 1980s and am really disappointed it was discontinued, (or re-vamped). I have not smelt the new one and don't feel inclined to test it because how can you possibly improve on the original Lumiere which stood out so clearly from the rest of the scents on the market at that time?

Having a passion for "oriental" fragrances, when I was offered a 3/4 full ORIGINAL Lumiere 100ml (EDP? EDT?? It does not say!), I just could not say "no"! I have never smelled the "newer" version, and have to say after smelling this one: WHY would I ever?!?

Lumiere (torch, or "light" in French) opens with your typical (but never generic) 80's aldehydes and powdery florals, with just a kiss of fruitiness and something vaguely cool underneath, resembling mint or eucalyptus (this fades quickly though). The composition of the flowers in the heart is similar to other Rochas releases, but here the heavier flowers (jasmine, rose and ylang) overpower the softer ones (muguet and daffodils) to result in something thick and almost boozy in the way it smells. Not like alcohol itself, but having that same "vapory" glow and heady warmth. After these "drunken" flowers have passed out (calmed down a bit), the lighter ones do come out to play, honeysuckle and hyacinth being the most noticeable to my nose. And then tuberose has her solo and sings a raspy sultry number (think "Fever") to introduce a wonderful woody melange of cedar, sandalwood and vetiver; kissed with musk and dry green moss. Lumiere may be for women (as far as to whom it is marketed), but I find it to be a stunning male scent as well. Despite the abundance of flowers; the fruits, greens and woods balance this very well. This is a wonderful "80's" perfume...without all the shoulder pads and big hair vibes, that retains all of the richness of that era and none of its tackiness.

Sillage: very good
Longevity: great
Overall: 4.25/5

WOW! I cannot believe that I actually own the original Lumiere, and owe a very big THANK YOU to cisco, who swapped this to me. I just adore this fragrance and cannot wait to wear it on the cooler summer nights and warm fall days to come! This scent definitely lives up to its name, it is bright and warm (like a torch) but is not "light" by any means, and it is definitely something that would attract me like a moth to a flame...

guest_runsinghappy
guest_runsinghappy

I admit the first version Lumiere is my lover

mocha43
mocha43

I was able to obtain a vintage bottle of this on e-bay. It is rich and complex and smells really good so I think it's the real deal.It is a combination woods and floral. Very nice and long lasting, also.

PacoGirl
PacoGirl

This is my "youth in the bottle". Unforgettable... Unreturnable...
For several years it was my signature perfume. I was one and only in my native city in 1984 wearing this perfume. Very classy, reach and the same time - young and beautiful. I still have an original bottle... Very empty though.

mirni
mirni

oh,please, can anyone tell me if this perfume still exists? It is definately my "youth in abottle" I was young and in love when I wore that perfume and just adore it.
I believe beyond paradise smells very much like it, but I'd like to find the very original perfume.

Please, help me!

CaraMia
CaraMia

Lumiere was a rich woody and green floral sparked with vetiver and orris roots. An ultimate spring bouquet in my opinion. A very heady scent especially with the prominanlt hyacinth and daffodil. I was always surprised it did not have a lily, but I guess that was the fragrant daffodil

It is classic french perfumery and should npt have been replaved with its paler more modern cousine.

Olesandra
Olesandra

The first Lumiere, that was made in 1984, is wondeful! I can't find who is the creator of this miracle?

Lumiere Original by Rochas 4.28 out of 5 based on 102 ratings and 19 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Rochas Lumiere Original fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Rochas Lumiere Original, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Lumiere Original by Rochas. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Lumiere Original by Rochas represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.