Designers » R S » « Groups

dislike

herbal
leather
Macassar Rochas for men Pictures Macassar Rochas for men Pictures

Macassar by Rochas is a fragrance for men. Macassar was launched in 1980. Macassar was created by Nicolas Mamounas and Roger Pellegrino. Top notes are artemisia, fruity notes, green notes, bergamot and pine tree needles; middle notes are carnation, patchouli, jasmine, vetiver, cedar and geranium; base notes are leather, amber, musk, coconut and oakmoss.

Artemisia Fruity Notes Green Notes Bergamot Pine Tree Needles

Carnation Patchouli Jasmine Vetiver Cedar Geranium

Leather Amber Musk Coconut Oakmoss

Giorgio Beverly Hills for Men V.I.P. Special Reserve

Macassar Fragrance Reviews

Rerik
Rerik

Wow. To me it smells like machine oil.
Oily and very warm. But many women don´t like it.
I think if the Godfather and Scarface wore a fragrance, then this one.

Weihan
Weihan

I thoroughly concur with the previous contributor: MACASSAR by Rochas is for my senses the GREATEST fragrance ever. It is a pure shame that Rochas has discontinued this incredible masterpiece. There is nothing else like it; however, there are three that hint of the direction of Macassar: Caron's "Yatagan"; Creed's "Bois du Portugal"; and Hermes' "Bel Ami". Let us hope that these do not become extinct as well. Wake up Rochas! Reintroduce MACASSAR - the ultimate masterpiece for men.

Joseph Maxwell
Joseph Maxwell

Macassar by Rochas is the GREATEST fragrance ever created for the male body! Inimical in its mystery; unmatched in its allure. There should be an international petition to Rochas to bring back MACASSAR.

prot72
prot72

I love it!!!
If something is really special it is named Macassar. Wearing Macassar I understand why I love perfumes because it brings me to different lost world - forgotten time when wearing fragrances was something special, when everyone was looking for signature scents.
Macassar is one of them, it can be easily recognizable as something different not typical and extremely rememberable.

There is nothing sporty, soapy, fresh and modern in Macassar you can find as typical and trendy in new era fragrances.

Macassar is like a beast treated in laboratory with tons of testosterone. The perfect man, sexy, noble, intelligent and dressed in most elegant suit. Simultaneous this man is friendly to everybody always smiling and happy. On the other hand Macassar is like Christmas time - warm with strong carnation smell and foody spices used commonly for gingerbread baking. There is also something special ... the wood that is different, warm and very sensual.
I never had chance to smell macassar wood but probably this is it. Kind of ebony darkness and sophisticated texture that you can almost touch. In few words Macassar is one of the most mysterious creations in history of perfumery, but sadly Rochas discontinued production of this masterpiece so Macassar is the song from the past. I'm really lucky because I got it as a gift for special anniversary. My lovely boyfriend was looking for months and finally he found it on Internet auction. He bought Macassar for me and now I'm in heaven :-)

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

Macassar is big hulking neanderthal beast...a huge unappologetic monster that can be quite frightening at first, but then the beast opens its mouth and speaks perfect french with a provencial accent. This scent opens with big artemesia, thick woody vetiver, animalic leather, and big buttery oakmoss. It is the fragrance that ushered in the monsters of the 80's. BIG is definitely the word to describe Macassar, so if you want to increase the mass of your presence, slap on some Macassar and have fun watching the reactions. Do not mistake loudness for lack of quality. Macassar not only has a chip on its shoulder, but the cred to back it.

paracomerciales
paracomerciales

¿DÓ0NDE PUEDO COMPRAR MACASSAR, CLÁSICO DE 1980, EN MÉXICO???? O ¿eN QUÉ PÁGINA? PORFAS.......GRACIAS

Macassar it's not just a masculine fragrance, it's more like an angry male gorilla wearing a tuxedo. It's everything but elegant or sophisticated but i LIKE it. A loud, unbottoned shirt, hairchested and burping male at the Opera Premiere. Not an everyday's fragrance, but once in a blue moon it's so great to be unpolite...

Wonder how it smells? Basically LEATHER and TOBACCO (as loud as they can)!

freixeiro
freixeiro

Gee, what a pain, cant get my hands on some Macassar in London nor in Lisbon.
Got a few bottles last year in Paris, but running low.
Does any one know the contact number, name or email for the House of Rochas customer services dep.?

Cheers y'all.

jfreixeiro@gmail.com

jglass54
jglass54

One of my favorite men's fragrances, very sophisticated. I was sorry to find that it is no longer available. Bad call, Rochas.

Here another myhtical Nicolas Mamounas creation!!
Even the name 'Nicolas Mamounas' is mythical.....I wish I could smell this one!!

basel
basel

MACASSAR was my best I realy loved it the most ... it is no comming back I wish it will while I am alive, please if anyone can help me to get it or to get simeller to it will be hightly apreciated

guest_macassar_addict
guest_macassar_addict

was the ONLY perfume for me :-( even im woman, i miss my beloved macassar
i really cant found a perfume match so much
hoped to be released again

guest_pedro marques
guest_pedro marques

this is a masterpiece.i agree when i heard rochas house are stupid in mantaining descontinued.this is one of those cases not understandables.all ebay comunity plants feed backs sayin marvelouses things about this scent in all blogs i go about fragrances mathers everibody put macassar on the heavens...e repeat its not acceptable/understandable.Lots of Hurras to this name.I have one last botle(a tester) byed with the help of a friend who is an ebayer and it came from germany thanks joao fonseca and give kisses to your germany friend

Jo
Jo

i miss my beloved macassar ;-(
it had all that an ex hippie needs patchouliwise, smelled a lot like moss and forest soil. there was mandarine in it, i believe. and lots of balmy cedar.
no problem to wear it in europe, but i often got remarks it was too strong when i used to work on american cruise ships.
let me know if you find it, please!
cheers to all from germany - jo

what can i say...this is the perfection.but attention only for those who lik strong and powerfull scents.incredible how Rochaas House descontinued...and insists in manteinn descontinued.i can it be..there is someone who can open their eyes

guest_TOTO
guest_TOTO

YO, TAMBIEN LO ESTOY BUSCANDO DESDE HACE AÑOS. LA ÚLTIMA VEZ QUE LO COMPRÉ FUÉ EN LAS FARMACIAS DEL AGUILA EN BS AS. ARGENTINA

guest_Sebastian
guest_Sebastian

Is there any possibility to get Macassar Fragance? I know for sure that still have some bottle in U.S
Best Regards
Sebastianneto@hotmail.com

guest_gabriel
guest_gabriel

Por favor donde lo puedo conseguir lo estoy buscando hace mas de 7 años en argentina ya no se consigue diganme silo puedo comprar y donde es el perfume con el que conoci a mi pareja en el 89 y lo compre mas de 10 veces hasta que se dejo de hacer segun las perfumerias de aca mi correo es grj.erb@hotmail.com desde ya muchas gracias(quiero el envase que se ve en la foto)

beatriz
beatriz

if you want to feel like a real man, you can use this perfume.
It gives the aroma of a male, strong, delicious, tender man and gentleman..
is just all what a woman can dream..

Macassar by Rochas 4.55 out of 5 based on 52 ratings and 20 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Rochas Macassar fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Rochas Macassar, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Macassar by Rochas. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Macassar by Rochas represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.