Designers » R S » Oriental Floral « Groups

Muse de Rochas Rochas for women

Muse de Rochas Rochas for women
dislike

Muse de Rochas Rochas for women Pictures Muse de Rochas Rochas for women Pictures

The houses of Rochas introduced its new perfume in early April 2011 under the name of Muse de Rochas. The in-house perfumer Jean-Michel Duriez wanted to dedicate this fragrance to the founder Marcel Rochas, who gifted the famous perfume Femme Rochas to his wife Helene at the day of their wedding. "This perfume is a hymn to creation and to muses that inspire, "said Duriez .

Muse de Rochas is designed for ladies who wear perfume as a piece of haute couture garment. The composition is oriental - floral, fresh, vivid and lively. It opens with aromas of fruits and greens of banana leaf, bergamot, orange sap, peach and mango. White flowers are in the heart, typically for Rochas, including orange blossom and narcissus, accompanied by cinnamon. Australian sandalwood, Madagascar vanilla, styrax, amber and white musk form the warm base of the perfume.

The crystal glass bottle is designed as the tribute to the Femme Rochas one, colored in shades of purple. It is available as Eau de Parfum in quantities of 30, 50 and 100 ml.

Bergamot Orange Peach Mango Banana Leaf

African Orange flower Narcissus Cinnamon

Sandalwood Styrax Vanille White Musk Ambrarome

Patou For Ever

Muse de Rochas Fragrance Reviews

chimidoro
chimidoro

Delicate, feminine, fruity, sweet, soft, powdery, smooth, waxy, resinous, soapy.

Finally I've found a genuinely gentle scent!
SorceressOfTheDark has pretty much said it all in her review & I agree wholeheartedly.

I was initially drawn to this when I saw the review noting a similar "DNA" to Cacharel's Noa. I like Noa for its soft simplicity, but it just isn't for me. The idea of a similar scent with different notes is an enticing & very tempting prospect, however I don't really find much similarity between them. Noa is floral & musky. To my nose Muse de Rochas is fruity & powdery.

As this really is a delicate scent; starting off quite brash, fresh and fruity, but soon (within half an hour) settling to a soft, smooth, subtly spiced, resinous, powdery finish, I'd have too hard a time trying to describe it accurately in a review. Somebody else mentioned that this is like two perfumes in one & I'm inclined to agree.

I will say that it's in the style of Prada Candy, Infusion D'Iris & Valentino's Rock n Dreams, with a touch of Daisy by Marc Jacobs. It's certainly of the same ilk as these other scents. The peach, musk, cinnamon & myrrh from Rock n Dreams with the benzoin, musk, iris, violet & rose of Candy or Infusion D'Iris. The green, waxy consistency of the violet leaf in Daisy seems present here. Daisy, which I'm not much of a fan of, somehow manages to smell of sweet banana without actually having any banana in the notes. (Due to the combination of buttery gardenia, sweet strawberry & violet leaf?)

In Muse de Rochas, the opening is all about the banana leaf, mango, peach & cinnamon, with a subtle, herby touch of bergamot coming in soon after. This first half an hour makes me feel like I'm wrapped in soft pink, fruity bubblegum, and then MAGIC happens.

The sandalwood and cinnamon here are quite slight but work wonders with the powdery, waxy banana leaf and peach/mango combo. The drydown is where I'm sure there's benzoin or myrrh, working well with the musk, banana leaf, vanilla and sandalwood in the last stage. It sits extremely close to the skin, and as others have said - it's extremely hard to smell on yourself at this point, but if I sniff close to my wrists it surprises me & I can catch soft hints of it every so often for a good few hours, so it does stand the test of time, albeit subtly so - lasting, at tops, for around 4 hours.

Beautiful!! Gentle, simple, understated.
Sadly I find none of the narcissus or orange blossom here, but I adore this scent, so I don't really mind.
This is definitely one of those "my skin but better" scents, like the remnants of soap & fruity shampoo.

Flora55
Flora55

I also had the same experience with Muse dr Rochas as many others did- it started out nicely but in a just a couple of minutes I could not smell it on myself at all and that's unusual for an Eau de Parfum of this style, and my skin usually retains fragrance very well. I found the opening delightful, however, since I do appreciate a good fruity scent. I will try it again and apply heavily, maybe it will surprise me. Perhaps it is the wrong time of year and it will bloom better in summer? It was a $9.99 bargain at TJ Maxx so no great loss, but Rochas is one of my favorite houses and most of their older perfumes have legendary lasting power. Not sure what they were aiming for here, maybe the younger market, but I think of Rochas as a "more is more" house, which is one of the reasons I love their fragrances.

UPDATE: After several wearings this is really growing on me! The longevity is a lot better than I originally thought. I am getting something very much like plum, although that is not a listed note. Very pretty, perfect for work, and dare I say quietly sexy?

Hollie
Hollie

I find this scent to be beautiful. It's the first and only one I've tried from this perfume house. For me it has a bit of a split personality in that it begins slightly fruity, slightly green but mostly clean and soapy with a powder/dusty,salty sweetness as in Lolita Lempicka, like ChypreAnn mentioned. As it dries down, the sandalwood becomes extremely apparent on my skin. I wonder if that's why one of the reviews likened it to Samsara. The sandalwood in this reminds me of Estee Lauder Sensuous but Muse de Rochas is much sweeter and more feminine..while Sensuous takes on a more sappy, resinous vibe.Muse de Rochas manages to pull off sweet-fresh-clean and sultry-woody at the same time.Sure....I also found it at a bargain price at TJMaxx....but I wouldn't discredit it because of that....it's very nice and worth the money in my opinion. Initially I bought a bottle for myself and then went back to buy a bottle for my 20 year old step-daughter for Christmas. I'm hoping it will be just what she craves...as she is trying to transition into wearing more "grown-up" fragrances. I think this one might satisfy that requirement as it retains the sweetness of youth yet also offers a certain edginess found in the bizarre combo of notes and the spicy-woody-musky base. I can't say that the banana leaf ever really stood out but then again I can't say that I have ever smelled a banana leaf to know what one smells like. I'm guessing it lends to that fresh, green (slightly bitter) quality. I'm looking forward to smelling more from Rochas!

ChypreAnn
ChypreAnn

I was excited to find a 30 ml of this perfume at TJ Maxx for $9.99. This is a mellow, pretty scent; I can smell the banana leaf, but it's definitely not banana-pudding-like; it's sweet in the same way that Lolita Lempicka is. It smells much more expensive than it is, and I'm very happy with this purchase. True, it's one that needs to be reapplied frequently, but at this price, that's not a problem.

Beach Girl
Beach Girl

I consider this scent to be a very exotic and a bit odd. To my nose the banana is very prominent with the mango and peach trailing just behind. I don't get much vanilla but during the die down, I do get this strange almost bitter aroma that prodded me to recall another fragrance. For a while I couldn't figure it out, and then it came to me. This reminds me a bit of Guerlain's, Samsara, but much sweeter, fruitier and lighter. There is a very pleasant biting note in both of these perfumes which I couldn't pinpoint but upon investigation, found that they both share quite a few of the same notes. Overall, I do like this scent and even though it's a bit strange I find myself appreciating it quirkiness.

greenelf
greenelf

I bought this blind at a great price from TJ Maxx, because I trust the house of Rochas. I still have some of my beloved Lumiere and the beautiful blue oriental elegance of Byzance,not to mention a tiny bit of Madame Rochas and a mini or two of Eau De, Rochas, my favorite "eau" ever! I compared it to Rebel Fleur by Rihanna, even though her's is not nearly as subtle and complex, becsue it's top is fruity/fresh, the mid is warm sweet white flowers and the dry down gourmand-ish with vanilla, amber and musk. But--this scent is so much less obvious and changes so beautifully on the skin. It's a great purchase for fall/winter wear--WIN!

Kpowers
Kpowers

Wonderful daytime scent that does not enter a room five minutes before the wearer herself enters! Lovely, subtle violets and amber that stay close to the skin. An intimate fragrance. Will buy again!

celebrity89
celebrity89

I love when blind purchases work out! This one has the sweet main note of Nocturnes and Oscar de la Renta mixed with the powdery girly note in Curve Crush or Ellen Tracy Bronze.

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

Sometimes we blame a house for not performing to our standards. We expect every perfume they produce to be at some invisible standard we have set for them and if their newest creation has not towed this line, all hell breaks loose. I have read negativity posed at Muse and I don't know why. It's a delightful little oriental floral that sits close to the skin after it drys down. It eventually becomes a woody vanilla with a light musk dancing with swirls of resin. It's a surprise perfume because its beginning is nothing like its ending and I like that. It sits close to the skin making it perfect for a variety of uses, the office, close encounters, small spaces...you can figure this one out.
There is a definitive powdery finish which is quite nice when the florals come back out to announce themselves. Sometimes I just want a perfume that's demure, dainty, coy and exquisite in its presentation and Muse fits this bill. It lasts quite a few hours happily for me and the bottle fits heftily in my hand. It's a beautiful dark lilac color with a metallic cap, no plastic and gold lettering on the front.
Yes, sometimes I do want a feminine perfume that speaks of gentleness, not weakness. Muse de Rochas sustains a number of these qualities.

Abendlicht
Abendlicht

I love this. It's subtle but yet present... I think I smell more the air behind me in my silage, than I smell it on me. I don't feel the sweet fruit... It's more a softness. It's elegant and discrete. At a point the dry down on my skin reminds me of tarragon...

garamascara
garamascara

Found this at TJ Maxx for a very reasonable price. The first spray was a nice surprise. This reminds me a lot of Bvlgari BLV, which I have always enjoyed. This is a softly sweet scent that is very appropriate for daytime wear.

lesecretforme
lesecretforme

i dont understand the negativity. i get compliments like crazy! its wonderful!

scentsforme
scentsforme

Just bought this hope it last, it's smells really nice. i will give update later.
I want to wear it a while…:P

glitteralex
glitteralex

I also experienced that while I could not smell it myself, others could! Light, powdery aldehydes, sheer florals, fleeting fruit. The drydown is primary sandal, but there are no quality oils here as fixatives. Oh, where has our oakmoss gone? Patchouli, oakmoss' ill-chosen successor, would have overwhelmed, so they used vanilla, sandal, and an artificial vanilla instead. Likely this would wear perfectly well in a warm climate, but in the dry winter, it is too discreet for me. Compare to Jean Patou's Forever Patou.

I agree this is a frustrating scent to review, as it has so many notes, yet the scent is light, and flat. Could have been so much more than what it is really. Nonetheless it smells nice, but goes away so fast, so no sense in buying it . I am kind of dissatisfied with that one. No sense of direction in that scent, no top notes , or middle or base, don't know who came up with such a lousy creation under the Rochas name!?

PhaedraRose
PhaedraRose

It has taken me several weeks to be able to talk about Muse de Rochas as I am so frustrated that it is one of those rare perfumes that you occasionally find that you cannot smell on yourself shortly after applying ! I cannot even rate the notes other than the banana leaf as within a few minutes I just cannot smell them to pick them out,and can only detect the faintest whiff if I breathe on my wrists,whereas others can smell it on me ! All I do know is that this is a lovely,original perfume which reminds me a little of the original Lumiere which I loved,but then it's gone. A very dissapointing experience for me as I was so looking forward to receiving it and it wasn't cheap, but I still love it and will wear it, I'm just sad that I am not able to enjoy it properly .

Cybernoir
Cybernoir

Soft, subtle, good for the office and professional settings, unobtrusive but noticeable. Mango and peach are well paired with a citrus that keeps it from becoming too sweet. The white florals are soft and sweet, and play well with the fruit. Musky, but more strongly vanilla, with a distinct amber note in the drydown. It is as different from Femme Rochas as possible; about the same "distance" as Eclat d’Arpège is from Arpege.

Nonetheless, this on me is a soft fruity floral with a long, lovely drydown. I wear it to work quite often. Not a lot of compliments, since this wears very close, but very enthusiastic responses from those who manage to get a whiff. A little powdery violets on drydown, but mostly the florals are bright, white and sweet. Projection virtually nonexistent, longevity 5 or 6 hours, no silage to speak of.

suile
suile

Delicious. A pervasive, yet very subtle banana/mango note overlays white florals and a kind of warm skin scent. Not at all a pungent fragrance, but a very personal one. Very different to most fragrances around on the market at the moment. It's not loud, but has a strange, hypnotic quality.

The bottle, incidentally, looks much nicer in real life than the photos - it has a metallic cap and slightly luminescent glass, like the original Lumiere fragrance, for anyone who remember that one.

coffeecat17
coffeecat17

My first experience with Muse de Rochas was Hmmm...where'd it go? I left it alone for a few days..One night I sprayed some on my neck & cleavage before bedtime and found it develops into the most intimate smell! Wears very close to the skin..not intrusive to others. After 8 hrs I can still smell the heavenly, almost secret scent on myself. Mango and vanilla in the opening, hours later I pick up the banana, so unique. I wear it to the office often! The only thing I would suggest is that you give it a try before buying, my daughter's chemistry only lasted about 30 minutes. So, that being said, Muse either loves you or leaves you!
If this didn't work for you and you'd like to swap, please PM me!

weegee
weegee

I sample-sprayed this on skin and clothing this morning with a plan to sniff its development while I went about my errands.

Guess what? No development whatsoever! A light, fruity floral at application, it was gone from both skin and my shirt within an hour.

Rochas, what happened?

Lady Odeur
Lady Odeur

In the opening muse smells like banana and mango. After ten minutes vanilla becomes prominent. There is no violet in the notes but i can clearly smell it. I think muse smells like french violet candies.

vertigo
vertigo

This is really odd & awkward.

A fruity-vanilla.
Massive powerful mango-banana-peach combination on a vanilla-ambery base.

I think it smells unlike anything on the market, but to me is totally unwearable.

Pinja
Pinja

I am one of those giving a negative comment.
A sweet, musky, flowery mess of a fragrance.
Cannot believe this came from the same house as perfumes like Madame Rochas and Femme once did.

arianperfume
arianperfume

I like it very much and I don't get the negative comments. There is nothing in this that might make me think at an average floral fruity. I think the cinnamon gives a nice spicey touch to the perfumes heart and makes it really suited for cozy, intimate moments.
I tested 4 times already and staying power is very good also. I want it and thinking of adding this to my list.

Muse de Rochas by Rochas 3.68 out of 5 based on 98 ratings and 24 user reviews

Rochas Muse de Rochas Eau de Parfum Spray 100ml
Rochas Muse de Rochas Eau de Parfum Spray 100ml
MUSE DE ROCHAS for WOMEN by Rochas EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
MUSE DE ROCHAS for WOMEN by Rochas EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
MUSE DE ROCHAS for WOMEN by Rochas SET-EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ BODY LOTION 5 OZ
Muse De Rochas Perfume by Rochas, 3.3 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Muse De Rochas Perfume by Rochas, 3.3 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Rochas Muse De Rochas Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.6oz
Rochas Muse De Rochas Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.6oz
Rochas Muse De Rochas Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Rochas Muse De Rochas Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.3oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Rochas Muse de Rochas fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Rochas Muse de Rochas, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Muse de Rochas by Rochas. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Muse de Rochas by Rochas represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.