Designers » R S » Woody Spicy « Groups

dislike

I have it: 1396 I had it: 459 I want it: 882 My signature: 19

coffee
Rochas Man Rochas for men Videos Rochas Man Rochas for men Videos
Rochas Man Rochas for men Pictures Rochas Man Rochas for men Pictures Rochas Man Rochas for men Pictures Rochas Man Rochas for men Pictures

This woodsy-flavored men's perfume was introduced in 1999. It was designed by Maurice Roucel. In the top notes there is an intoxicating beginning with sweet fresh bergamot and gentle balsamic notes of lavender. Pure and intense jasmine pulses with the heart of perfume along with gentle grassy and fresh notes of lily-of-the-valley and the touch of sensual musk. The base is soft, creamy and warm together with vanilla, sandal, amber and the gourmand tone of coffee. The designers of the bottle are Franzrudolf Lehnert and Michael Fõrster. The perfume is available in the amount of 50 and 100 ml edt.

Lavender Bergamot

Aromatic

Rochas Man Fragrance Reviews

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

When this frag first came out, I wasn't very keen for it. After many year's later I gave it a second chance...boy am I glad I did!!!!!
The sweet/creamy frag is darn SEXY!!!! I love the sweet notes of vanilla with lavender giving it a real attractive powdery masculine aroma.
Both amber and sandalwood supports the rich coffee caffeine fix that you can't get enough of.
Both longevity and Silage are excellent...8-10 hrs..perfect during the fall/winter months especially in the evening.
Overall opinion,
If you want a fragrance which women will crave, wearing this against your warm body, will definitely lead to a very desirable evening :)))))
I don't know of a woman who doesn't enjoy a frag with so much depth especially the man who has her hormones firing like rockets. Even the shape of the bottle is a metaphor of hormones ready to go like a bullet. STUNNING AROMA!!!!! Rating this frag is definitely worthy of 9/10.....⭐⭐⭐⭐

petyke
petyke

Wow! This is good stuff. I blindbought it and not regreted. It is sweet and manly at the same time. Really love it. It is suitable for colder weather or maybe for a summer night date. Projection is ok on my skin,easily lasta 3-5 hours. Give it a try if you can find it, it is deacent value for the price.

vserdar
vserdar

Masterpiece.Maurice Roucel reflects his melancholy through this masterpiece.I wish the sillage and longevity would be better.if someone will produce the new version of this long lasting and reducing some feminine effects, it would be the ever best seller.

JoeOM
JoeOM

Such a lovely fragrance. Not in your face at all.
Really works well in the colder weather.
Smells like the warm throth on a milky cappuccino with a suprising amount of lavender. Soon comes the vanilla and raspberry.
Nice and sweet.
Only downside is it doesn't last too long on myself or project much but for the price it's not an issue. I always have a bottle of this.

birkanalayci
birkanalayci

It is good for the first times, but I think it has been very popular and lost its magic. Everyone uses and knows, all the notes are known. Lovely dark and sweet, but so fallen through the floor.

Gwdbe
Gwdbe

Too good to say no to this, too sweet and can't let go of this perfume. Anytime I wear This I feel great.

1welshdevil

This has to be the ultimate gourmand treat, such a sweet gorgeous fragrance, warm and sugary. Love the bottle. I'm stunned this didn't take off. I am one of those people that finds Angel Men repulsive, this however has chocolate to die for. Magical

gottfried
gottfried

To me it smells JUST like Axe Kilo which I used to wear every day in High School and Freshmen year of college hahaha I'm sorry but that completely ruined it for me.
0/10 overpriced Axe

Annica

This is really unisex. Women should not hesitate to try this fragrance.

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

Bought this for my darling husband.....so that I could wear it. Smells great on a woman!

toto453
toto453

Too feminine for me...

Great.... I love it. ♥

9/10 because the sillage

madgefan
madgefan

Very sexy. Sweet and musky. Like a tamer version of Gaultier's Le Male.

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

It's not really my cup of tea or, in this case, sweetly sweetened with sugar and sweetness, cup of coffee. It's hard for me to rate since I'm not a fan of this type of fragrance on a man, but it smells quite synthetic and 'Thallium-like' for lack of a better word. Fortunately, my wife and 12-year old daughter like this juice and swipe some from time-to-time (anything to keep 'em away from my Creed Millesimes, I suppose). Also, the women seem to like this stuff almost as much as men love the smell of Aventus. Twice I applied a single-spray while I was wearing YSL La Nuit L'Homme (like catnip for women) and my wife really enjoyed it. Go figure! Anyway, I'll give it a like since it's hard to dislike it when the women in my life enjoy it...but it's not something I enjoy wearing.

Update: upgraded my like to love because my daughter (and all the ladies who get a whiff of this one) loves this fragrance (daughter wears it weekly), I've decided that coffee/cappuccino scents aren't that bad so I'm going through a coffee appreciation phase, and it's inexpensively priced thereby making it lovable.

hedward
hedward

New Haarlem vs. Rochas Man

I'm doing a side by side comparison. New Haarlem opens up with straight up maple suryp with the slightest hint of medicinal lavender. The lavender gives it a cologneish and aftershave type of masculine character which blends oddly but perfectly with the suryp. Rochas Man on the other hand opens much more tame with a fruity citrus top.

Now, New Haarlem undergoes a drastic transform from sticky sweet maple suryp to bitter freshly brewed black coffee with a vanillic floral undertone. RM on the other hand preserves it's fruity quality and only sweetens up to a powdery coffeeish scent which seems MUCH more feminine than NH. Also RM has a slight soapy/musky undertone (mostly neroli) that gives it a very synthetic feel.

Few hours in New Haarlem develops an odd smokey spicy quality that differentiates it dramatically from Rochas Man. I myself am very fond of this smokiness that's in NH because it sharpens the scent and gives it a sexy manly quality that aligns itself perfectly between the soft sweet vanilla and bitter coffee conjuring a rather dark chocolate type of vibe. RM on the other wrist already has lost it's character to the overpowering vanilla. Also further into the drydown of NH the cedar becomes evident lending a surprisingly fresh woodsy quality - like a second opening of top notes!

Now, are New Haarlem and Rochas Man similar? Yes and no. They share the same coffee-lavender combo (also found in Eisenbergs J'ose) that is very distinct and easy to pick up. But like said Rochas Man is indeed very synthetic whereas New Haarlem has some real character to it that simply cannot be achieved without natural ingredients. E.g the coffee in NH is so real it's almost like smelling freshly grinded beans. In other words: RM goes more through the safe soapy floral road while NH plays on the spicy, smokey and bitter side of coffee.

Now the big questions:
Are both NH and RH worth owning simultaneously? Yes definitely, Rochas is a cheap daytime scent which can be easily used on every occasion, even in the summer. NH is a strong more distinct scent with a huge sillage, it's much more ballsy and will get one noticed for sure. NH is not suitable for summer and leans more towards the nighttime, date and clubbing use.
Is RH a cheaper alternative of NH? No, absolutely not. It's like saying Legend is an alternative to Aventus because they share a pineapple note.

Rochas Man - feminine, sweet, floral, musky and soapy vanillic mocha. Low sillage, moderate longevity. Low price.

Smell 7/10 x 2
Longevity / Potency 6/10
Versatility 9/10
Complexity 5/10
x2

Overall score 70/100

New Haarlem - bitter, dark, sweetish, chocolatey, spicy, smokey coffee. Strong sillage, monstrous longevity (3 days). High price.

Smell 9,5/10 x 2
Longevity / Potency 10/10
Versatility 7/10
Complexity 8/10
x2

Overall score 88/100

paulhunter
paulhunter

Sweet and pleasing. Overall I enjoy this frag but the coffee note is much more sugared than I imagined/wanted. It has a woodsy opening but dries down to an ambery, vanilla sweetness with not much character. It also has a weird baby wipe note to it but it doesn't really bother me. I've gotten one compliment on this, from a college guy friend, who made a few comments that I smelled really good and asking if this was "a new cologne." For the record he's never commented on my scent.

missan

Personally I cannot feel any resemblance with the notes in the pyramid. This is without a doubt the worst I have smelled. It is just a synthetically sweet blob, it´s not really a cologne at all IMO. It´s like smelling aspartame

aleksandar.dragas6
aleksandar.dragas6

the most synthetic and cloying fragrance I've come across. I had to give it back, just not for me, I get headache from it..

arturovittorio
arturovittorio

I invited you for coffee and coffee you shall have!

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I own two Rochas fragrances and this one is one of them. I find it to be a very nice gourmand fragrance. The combination of coffee, vanilla and lavender is very sweet and sexy. Lavender is soothing and comforting, Rochas Man does exactly that. I will be wearing it more often from now on.

leohbarros
leohbarros

La fragancia es muy agradable, sin duda es un gourmand , lo compre tan solo pot las buenas referencias que tenía, su precio también es interesante, sin embargo su durabilidad o longevidad no es muy buena en mi piel, tal vez unas 4 horas, quizás el punto más débil de la fragancia

Jassar
Jassar

I love sweet fragrances but this is too much. Bothers the allergies.

Scrubability = low

steve1991
steve1991

This ones a no brainer for the price, absolutely fantastic fragrance.

Chuckphilpott
Chuckphilpott

For the price online this is a no brainer. You'll be smelling your arm all day. Such a nice sweet frag. 8/10

Rossyh
Rossyh

Love this smell (as I do anything sweet) but the longevity is one of the worst in my collection - certainly out of all my gourmands.

Essentially just a sugary coffee with added vanilla I get for the majority of its short life with some lavender in the background, but so nicely put together. Wouldn't recommend it in the winter as after 30mins it's just a skin scent on me, could be a great night scent for the spring.

If I was grading smell alone I'd give it a 9/10 but on the whole due to its below average performance I'd have to say its a 7/10.

FrozanKaos
FrozanKaos

It nice but far from being one of my favourite gourmand fragrances. Doesn't last long at all on my skin, 4 hours tops.
The weird dildo shape bottle doesn't win it any points from me either

neilvizuett
neilvizuett

I liked it, but not my favorite definitely. I like the smell only in the dry down, it is gorgeous in the dry down, but hardly recognizable to that point for the average "smeller". It takes some time for it to stop smelling like medicine, the raspberry note smells plastic. It reminds me of Angel (for women) from Thierry Mugler, but not that psychodelic.

Rio~sswi
Rio~sswi

One of the best gourmand ever~

stitchywitch
stitchywitch

I bought this for my husband, but I wear it too. I wanted to buy New Haarlem, but I heard this was similar, so I got it instead. To me this is coffee and vanilla with some subtle lavender. It isn't overwhelming or medicinal. This is definitely unisex - the lavender makes it masculine, but it's still sweet enough for a woman. I love it - such a different smell for a man!

RobbieX
RobbieX

A smooth creamy, coffee, woody, sugar-sweet oriental gourmand. It's lovely. I can smell, on me at least, a slight A*Men note in there. The raspberry is there too, in the background. In the dry down, the vanilla emerges more. Staying power and silage are moderate to good. Lovely sweet yummy fragrance from Maurice and Rochas.

mrjesse
mrjesse

I had a sample of this for a while and didn't wear it that much. I thought it wad pretty pleasant, but I got kinda poor performance from it. However I bought it cause it was nice and cheap. The first day I got it I wore it to work, I'm a teacher. Directly after walking into my classroom another teacher (really cute teacher too) popped her head into my room and said "what are you wearing? You smell really good!" I don't usually get lots of complements at work because i wear the same few fragrances to work all the time. Ive found that this has a really good complement factor, and gets as many as my more expensive offerings.

I'm liking this scent more and more, but I find it a tad weak and I usually have to reapply halfway through the day when I wear it. Creamy vanilla coffee with just a touch of fruitiness at the top. Very pleasant scent, but I don't think I would wear it around my guy friends, more of a scent for the ladies.

I would give it 8/10 overall, but for the price you cant beat it, one of the best values in fragrance, Imho. Highly recommended!

funnyboy
funnyboy

I have the Intense version of this fragrance.Not really intense and completely different to the original.Much softer and more vanilla without being sickly/sweet.
Lasts 3 to 4 hrs and is very hard to find.Doesnt change much and I will be sad when my bottle is empty as it will be difficult to replace.
Very comforting smell and I couldn't see this worn either by a man or a woman.
My ratind;- 8+ out of 10.
Recommended!!

Roman86
Roman86

I used to have a bottle of this a few years ago that I bought at T.J. Maxx and it smelled divine. Recently I bought a 50 ml bottle from Fragrancenet and it was off. Mainly alcohol from the initial spray and then a very light scent. If you manage to find a good bottle of this Rocas Man is a divine and rich fragrance but not overbearing. Stick with buying from mostly shipped and sold by Amazon and you should be fine. It's a hit and miss with these other online fragrance discounters.

sawyer82
sawyer82

On my skin this is mostly a mix of coffee, chocolate,vanilla, red fruits and a touch of flowers. Very sugary.

Not the most masculine fragrance, especially at the top, but this is my most complimented fragrance alongside Mandarina Duck Pure Black and Allure Homme Sport. All 3 very sweet.

Only for confident men, or even for a daring woman. This is totally gourmand.

petespike
petespike

Creamy, mocha coffee with vanilla and a marshmallow on top is EXACTLY what this smells like

theblasphemousboy
theblasphemousboy

Fragrantica suggested this to be based on many of the scents I already have and as much as it is nice, that's all it is, nice. Top notes are gorgeous, but the whole thing is a bit overrated. It doesn't last on my skin, the scent difuses after a short time.

It's not expensive in the slightest so it's good value for money but once this bottle is finished, I probably won't but it again...

Jim_Jones
Jim_Jones

Wanna add the desried Punch to Rochas man, given its terrible silage...buy a bottle of the new Paco XS L'Exces. It magnifies the siliage by so much. I am suprised no one has picked up the GLARING similarity between these two. Trust me, give it a shot, they mix perfectly. I got so many compliments on the mixture.

spartan
spartan

I love this Juice, A masculine vanilla cupcake, not to feminine at all. I actually sometime get a craving to wear this Juice, Love it. Bond ripped this off with New Harlem, with that being said New Harlem is an incredible fragrance of the finest quality. I personally can not wear New Harlem as it smell exactly like coffee and maple syrup Hotcakes, but hey if thats your thing then more power to you. One more thing, this is A fraction of the cost of New Harlem, and smells way more Masculine.

10/10 Love it.

Critic
Critic

Remarkably underwhelming gourmand that initially shows much promise and falters at the end. Poor longevity and abysmal sillage. To get it to last a little longer, you must spray in your hand and apply it like an aftershave lotion.

At last!!! I finally have '...the Butt Plug of male perfume' as Mark (Robes08) called it on one of his videos.
I blind bought it as it's one of those ones that comes up again and again and I figured it sounded like a safe bet.
Firstly, the comparisons with Givenchy play intense alone made me want this juice as if it's anything remotely like it then it's in very good territory.
As soon as I sprayed Rochas man I realised how soft it was the smell really takes time to settle and I actually get a great deal of fresh citrus in those first few seconds, then it becomes more apparent what this fragrance is all about.
A very subtle vanilla, milky coffee and lavender comes through and to me it seems iced and refreshing not warm and decadent.
Without referencing Givenchy Play Intense I was immediately reminded of it as this dries down and understandably so. If you then try Givenchy Play Intense side by side with this you realise there's big differences in notes. To me this is less sweet and more coffee like, it also is softer and stays closer to the skin. Anyone who has this and doesn't have Play Intense don't make the mistake of thinking you don't need it. My personal taste dictates that if you like this (which I do) you will love The Givenchy as it's an amped up, more gourmand, sexier, sweeter, stronger, more complex and longer lasting fragrance than this one.
That's my view... but Rochas man has it's merits as a close skin scent which I must say, I really enjoy. Talk of the sweetness here is not that accurate, sure its sweet but the coffee (although really subtle) gives it a bitterness and reminds me of Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin as much as it does of Play intense.
Anyway...my verdict is that It's worth a go for a blind buy and the kind of scent I will wear pretty regularly. My inital thoughts were it's a winter scent but actually that soft, cooling, calming vibe might be more suited to a summer evening in hindsight.
This is a great juice and right up my street.

Broseph
Broseph

Advisor say Broseph wear Rochas Man in office as try to smell like "good" person. Coffee mean smart! Vanilla means I am gentle, people trust. Lavender for relax, sign assassin forms all day is stress, yes?

scentgent
scentgent

In a word: delicious.

A linear fragrance, but not in a bad way. It smells just like coffee if you swirled it with a lavender stick. Very synthetic, but well done for the cost. The ingredients are not top quality, but the choice in notes was solid.

Almost extremely sweet. Easy on the trigger with this one. Do no more than 4 sprays.

Body heat dependent. If you are cool, this will not project well beyond the first few hours.

Sillage: 8/10
Projection: 7/10
Versatility: 8/10
Scent: 9/10 (synthetic)
Compliments: 9/10
Bang for Buck: 10/10
Overall: 9/10

Great scent. Unless you are offended by synthetic fragrances, this is a must have.

Make it less synthetic and add syrup and you have Bond No. 9 New Haarlem.

bcray82
bcray82

Sugar sweet. Makes me nauseous. Too much goes a long way. No one will take you seriously if you smell like this. While you're at it, just start adding vanilla extract behind your ears like Ellie Mae Clampet from The Beverly Hillbillies.

georgequeue
georgequeue

Absolutely delicious and sexy! This has become one of my favorites together with Animale and Animale Animale.
It's a great women's compliment (and then some) getter.

I JUST LOVE IT!!!

dipisor
dipisor

Like having a foamy caramel cappuccino on a parisian terrace with your sweet lover... Delicious sexy scent. Can be worn by a woman, too. I usually don't like women wearing men's scents, but I've changed my mind on this one... ;)

jivanshi
jivanshi

Soft, no sillage skin level scent, sweet, some vanilla plus something weird that sort of reminds me of a plasticky rubbery thingthatsdeffinitelynotcappucino thing. Bleh from me also.

stockbreak
stockbreak

I own this and have worn it quite a few times......on me while it smells nice, is strictly a skin scent after 5 minutes. No matter how much or where I spray when I ask someone 1 hour after application if they can smell it they say no. Now this is a plus to a lot of people, some prefer a very close to skin scent. I prefer something with projection.
Scent 8/10
Longevity 7/10
Projection 2/10

Idlehands

smells exactly like yves saint Laurent manifesto for women. it's crazy.

Juiceman 0331
Juiceman 0331

I'm here in the Philippines and I will go out tonight and use this cologne.
I'll give you guys an update if this Rochas Man can be worn on a tropical weather
I have tried this during cold weather in the US and I love the sweet scent on top from the vanilla and then the powdery coffee smell with the sweetness mixing with the coffee. Dry down is like a sweet cappuccino during a cold night.

Update:
I wore this cologne at night here in Manila and the scents are much stronger but not cloying. You can definitely use this at summer nights and not cloy yourself or people around you. The sweetness from vanilla, sandalwood and powdery coffee lasted longer and the projection was also greater during hot weather. Rochas Man can definitely work in a tropical weather.
I can see myself sitting infront of Manila Bay while watching the beautiful tropical sunset relaxing, drinking iced coffee and my arm wrapped around my wife while she sniffs my neck for that lovely Rochas Man scent. Lol
I recommend "buy" for Rochas Man.

My overall rating for cold weather 7/10
My overall rating for tropical at night 8.5/10

bloycey
bloycey

Rochas Man is sweet and light and, in my opinion, a little one-dimensional. It's sweet in a sort of acidic sort of way - sweet like raspberries rather than being sweet like caramel. It's a striking sweetness rather than a smooth sweetness.

It's a nice smell, but isn't in the same league as A*men or even scents like Altamir.

thoushaltnotdefy
thoushaltnotdefy

Is it worth me buying this if I already own a bottle of Givenchy Play Intense? Are they really that similar?

libou
libou

Good fragrance but sillage and longevity are poor

fhr
fhr

So much nice, really nice surpirise after all of some overhyped frags here. Not too offensive, its nice close to skin but confident. Not any feminine in it, much what man can like in that, all what others mentioned from citrus till end of coffee or say cappucino. Guys really 10/10. And saying this when having in collection most of Luca Turin's 5stars and most of best welcomed frags of frags communities. Go for it!

volkanmandela
volkanmandela

At first times you and your girlfriend fall in love with it. But day by day it seems like a regular smell for you. And maybe you would hate it because of poor longevity.

SilverAgatka
SilverAgatka

I had it couple of times... the only fragrance for men I have ever worn. It isn't feminine at all but it doesn't smell odd on me. It's nothing like the awful unisex fragrances. It's masculine but soft. My skin brings out lilly of the valley in it. It just works. It's sweet yet fresh and very, very sexy.
I need to get it again. Thinking about it, I need to get it for my boyfriend too. It is that sexy!

burgundyaltima

haha i was complimented by a young couple they said i smelled really good like vanilla..they asked the name of the cologne i was wearing so i told them..but i think the boyfriend misheard me ..and said i smelled good but he'll be damned if he wore something called Roaches lol :D

beavisbonce
beavisbonce

The drydown of this delicious sweet sensual gourmand is not dissimilar to Ted Lapidus pour Lui if you want a cheaper option. The bottle isn't as nice as Rochas though

VintageDuneFan
VintageDuneFan

I love the pleasant smelling of Rochas Man. But I'm very dissappointed about its poor projection and sillage. It only lasts on my skin like 30 minutes as much.

I think this is a negative issue on Rochas' fragrances. I had a flask of Aquaman 7 years ago and I found the same problem concerning to projection and sillage.

Terrific fragrances (at least in my opinion), but very poor durability on skin.

I know that a lot of people say this one has a monster projection and a remarkable sillage. But I didn't found those qualities on my 100 ml bottle, so I truly think I wasted my money by buying Rochas Man. :'(

Smell: 4.5 / 5
Projection: 2 / 5
Sillage: 2 / 5

Valfar
Valfar

A very nice gourmand. Very sweet! Like, imagine a stick with cotton candy topped with vanilla ice cream and skittles. I get monster projection with this one. 2 sprays and it fills the room. Longevity more than 12 hours. Ladies really like this one and got a decent amount of compliments.

hog
hog

Gourmand, coffee, vanilla...what more can you ask for? How about a little projection! I still love this scent. Inexpensive and perfect for winter. I've heard that there is a reformulation with more potent vanilla and coffee notes. My bottle's liquid is sort of pinkish/clear while the reformulation looks kind of brown. Will probably see if i can get my hands on some.

Marcus Monezi
Marcus Monezi

Remember the smell of sugary biscuit. I do not think the cappuccino is so obvious as they say. It is very attractive. Women will love.

The description of the mark sums up PERFECTLY.
"Pure and intense jasmine pulses with the heart of perfume along with gentle grassy and fresh notes of lily-of-the-valley and the touch of sensual musk."

It's just that. Jasmine and musk very sensual
The bottle is a contradiction, because I think it does not combine your warmth and attraction with matte and silver. If the bottle was the color of the box, it would be all right.

ImGame
ImGame

Smells nice and although comes in pink and a interesting looking bottle this cologne should be worn by older men it has this soft vanilla scent to it not like other colognes along with the amber and coffee give a masculine feel.

hansito
hansito

I have to disagree with the absurd comparison between Rochas MAN and Givenchy Play Intense, Rochas is sweeter and more vanilla on it, GPI is more like dry coffee, come on people, refine your noses!
Rochas Man is an orgasm in your nose, if you love sweet frags, THIS IS A MUST in your collection.

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

Sweet, I get cotton candy and coffee when it goes on. Lasts 8+ plus hours on me . 8/10

Nickolas
Nickolas

It's obviously a very popular fragrance and everyone who has tried it can understand why. Even people who aren't into gourmands, like it. It's sexy, but not offensive, warm and makes you confident. Definately a compliment getter. One of my favourites!

skipster
skipster

This stuff is just so unbelievably yummy and sexy. It might be intended for the younger crowd, but I honestly don't care (I'm past fifty). When I wear Rochas Man, I feel enveloped in a happy cloud of sweet coffee and vanilla. Any dark thougts are blown away as if by magic, and my wife never fails to comment on it: "Mmmmm, I wanna eat you..." and so on.

Besides the yumminess, Rochas Man is a safe gourmand that almost everybody likes. If you feel more adventurous, you can move on to the more demanding members of the sweet family, such as Body Kouros or Pure Malt. Someday I might even embrace the mother of all male gourmands, A*Men. I don't really dare yet...but someday I will.

fuggerone
fuggerone

This is the real inspiration for New Haarlem which has monster sillage/ duration and put this juice in the junkyard!

hameedbilal
hameedbilal

similar to JPG Le Male....
but otherwise its a nice perfume...
if u already have Le Male....no go..
but its sweet, but fresh at the same time...
coffee is a bit subtle to me...

Greg1965
Greg1965

When I read it was created by Maurice Roucel, I hoped for a Musc Ravageur 2.0 (although this one is older) meaning a (difficult) scent but one that coudln't go wrong. Overall it is a very good scent with good longevity. I can understand the pro's and cons on this one. In the end, I must say I like it but I would not wear it because, for me, it's just a little too sweat.

franksgirl
franksgirl

Sexy and yummy- perfect for a date. I have a weakness for masculine men wearing gourmand scents.

Alfareandhi
Alfareandhi

Must have item if you want to find a great Coffee scent, little bit citrus in the opening.

tots_eminem
tots_eminem

this is exactly AXE DARK TEMPTATION perfume version. Nothing ground breaking, nothing deep adore.. Gourmand normal fragrance..
You should by Animale Animale or Pure Malt instead

hornetz
hornetz

With the first impression the bottle looks unique, but not sure if it represents a lava lamp, a rocket or the tail light of a 59 cadillac. Nevertheless, it looks nice and futuristic. The juice is a sweet comforting scent that is absolutely casual with an affinity for cold weather. Upon wearing this I felt that this is the one for a playful nature and romantic events. I would say to the younger guys get this; wear it cautiously for dates and let the magic begin. There is no way I would ever wear this to the office. This is not a serious brooding manly scent, it just has a singular purpose and I feel it does it really well.

Idlehands

Just picked up my first bottle of Rochas Man. Got it at a discount with another purchase at Perfumania. It does remind me a bit of Pi with its sweetness. I think I like this a bit more than Pi. I will def. put this in my rotation of fragrances. Something a little more unique to me about this one than Pi though. Smells wonderful in my opinion.

*Update*
After wearing this one today I can honestly say I love this stuff!!! This is sweeter and more wearable than Pi to me. I just cant stop smelling it. Longevity seems to be pretty good on it. Not sure on projection yet as I have just been in the office with few people around. If you have not tried this and you like sweeter frags like Guess seductive and Pi, you have to give this one a try. It could def. be your signature scent as its unique.

Na0

@vitilsky : 2 statements, just for you.

1 - Genders classification is only and purely marketing, think about that.
2 - People don't have all same tastes. If a woman want to wear a leather or woody fragrance and a man, a fruity, floral or gourmand fragrance, who cares ?

Your comment is irrelevant, because this is nothing more than a value judgment, not a review about the perfume itself...

Just be open-minded, and you will see than groups aren't predestined to genders.

A wise...

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

A sweet coffee blended with lavander. I wouldn't say it's like Givenchy Play Intense. Though both smell coffee, Rochas Man is significantly sweeter, and might not do well in hot summer. I find it too sweet on men for daytime. For night out it's more suitable. But worn by a girl it has no problem. The sillage is close and the longevity is 7h+.

Another member told me that they get sort of a toasted marshmallow note from this. I have to agree.
Toasted marshmallow and a bit of raspberry bubblegum, sweet lavender and sandalwood. I almost detect something like heliotrope in here as well.

malik2011
malik2011

All respect to the fans of this frag. As to me this is the worst gourmand-ish frag i have ever experienced. It is nauseous-inducing frag at least IMO.

kazewayz
kazewayz

Sweet candies, vanilla tonka bean. Ummmm, not my favorite as I don't like smelling like a candy, But! Compliment getter. It stays on for a long time, and projects great. Try it.

Smyle12

Love it, Na0! :D Hilarity! hahaha!! Too great!!! Yeah, this stuff truly IS incredible! I only wish it were a little more powerful. :/ Still... definitely a 10/10 and ENTIRELY DEVINE. An awesome and unique box, bottle, and scent. If they ever discontinue this creme anglaise smothered, chocolate-raspberry, decadence, served with a small cup of espresso, I'm buying 10 bottles. Seriously.

Na0

I would like to eat a review but... wait... I'm eating myself right now so... I just... *arg*

EDIT : Lol, that revealing slip... "to write a review", not eat ! xD

kthsn
kthsn

A gourmand that leaves that "something" to be desired.

FIrst off let me start by saying I love gourmands, and Rochas man isn't bad by any means.

It's not as sweet as I hoped and that might be the ultimate downfall. New Haarlem is very different, on a side by side sniff test NH is much sweeter and reminds me of Aunt Jemima's syrup.

On to Rocha's Man. The scent is two fold, the prominent notes are semi sweet. Imagine an instant coffee drink with a cube of sugar mixed in. But instead of the a cube of sugar sweetening the drink, it's raspberry syrup.

The coffee is dirtied quite a by an underlying scent. I get a lot of patchouli. It reminds me of Animale Animale.

The gourmand smells like it's from 1999. It's not the unisex gourmands of today but definitively masculine. Its not dated but it's not "new" like Givenchy's Play Intense.

Don't get this as a replacement for New Haarlem. It's not a bad scent by itself but I prefer other gourmands. For $30 US/CAN, try it out.

ph4tk0nt0ll3r
ph4tk0nt0ll3r

This is the first gourmand frag I have bought. When i first had a wiff of this stuff, i immediately thought it was too feminine, but i bought it any way because i loved the smell, and after wearing it for a bit it is not as feminine as i first thought. It is sweet, but the dry down is devine, I think I am actually addicted to the dry down smell of this. You can definately smell the mocha/vanilla/coffee. It's a winner with the ladies, I have not come across a lady yet who has disliked this smell.

unshkbl00
unshkbl00

Easily the best cologne made for men!!!! Despite all of the negative sweet reviews. Although it is sweet initially but its a different type of sweet, more like a manly tone to it. And the best part is how long it stays around, Everyone must keep in mind that you review is your own and if the cologne longevity is not to your strandard, it may not be the cologne but your Body Chemistry. It stays on me all day and I can still smell it on me after 8+ hours. This smell is classic and in my opinion I don't see how someone would not appreciate the scent this cologne offers.

Coffee/floral/sweet undertone!!!

9.5/10

SimplyOliver
SimplyOliver

Sickening sweet for me... Gets a lot of compliments though. An interesting gourmand, but definetely not for me.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Way, way, WAY too sweet. Makes my teeth throb. The bottle looks like a imitation Lava Lamp.

My new rule is to avoid fragrances intended for men packaged in Joop! colored boxes.

NebelGeîst
NebelGeîst

Different to most, I prefere to wear it on summer.

Untypical for a man´s perfume, perhaps that´s the point, why some women in my environment asked me, what fragrance I wear and bought it themselves.

But to me, even if it smells sweet and flowery, it´s still a scent, I can feel comfortable wearing it. I can say: "Yes, it´s a man´s fragrance" without mulling over (but I do se, why women wan´t to wear it themslves).

The Notes I get the most are lavender and other floral notes (most likely the jasmin of which I can´t tell if natural or synthetic and the lily of the valley, but maybe there´s something more in it), vanilla, coffee (didn´t recognise it as coffee before I read it in the list), some woody notes (mostly cedar I guess) and amber (a sweeter one). Can´t get the raspberry in it.

Longevity is long lasting and sillage is moderate to heavy.

bobbydrugan

Im a girly and thought what the hell lets give it a whirl. Safe to say I am in love its like wearing a nice snug warm sweet blanket definatly straight up promotion to one of my faves xx

steve0580
steve0580

Definitely gourmand, very sweet, sugary, vanilla and a slight bit powdery. I don't smell much of a coffee scent coming through.

It's very nice, warm and rich without being overwhelming. You shouldn't have to worry about someone gagging from the sweetness when you walk by, unless you bathe in it.

jestech
jestech

On of my top 5 for winter. Really smells delicious. Very nice "comfort" scent.
I really dig New Haarlem as well, but they are quite a bit different. New Haarlem is a much sweeter, syrupy scent. You could layer them and smell like a vanilla latte with maple syrup.
In my experience women love it, and that has to count for something. lol

iLikeColognes
iLikeColognes

burnt sugar, coffe and vanille!
smells amazing and lasts about 6 hours, i would recommend it to anyone younger than 20

halftwintowers
halftwintowers

This is such a cozy fragrance. I think it's much more "cute" than "sexy". After the initial blast of lavendar and very little bergamot, the base and mid combine to form the most inoffensive scent ever created for men... in fact, this fragrance should not be advertised towards any gender. The raspberry, capuccino, and vanilla aroma this sends out will make you a hug machine. Thankfully, I get 6 hours with 4 - 5 sprays (2 neck, 1 chest, 1 back of neck, 1 shirt). It is so light, I don't think this fragrance should be restricted to just cooler weather, 70 degree F should work with this too. Rochas is very simiilar to MJ Legend; however, this is much more aromatic and less balmy. Both should be considered the SNUGGLE fragrance.

cougarR
cougarR

this is my signature fragrance since 2000

alarios
alarios

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect that. I just don't see how anyone can think this fragrance is "cheap" or disgusting. I think it's great. Sweet, coffee, vanilla very comforting. To each their own. Cheers

icesoulja555
icesoulja555

This was a blind buy after seeing the great reviews on here. Figured it was worth a shot for the $18.00 shipped it was on fragrancenet.com a couple weeks ago. I thought it was a bit feminine smelling at first. But after wearing it a couple times I found it a very unique and manly Summer scent. This one will be in my collection for a while.

Fragrantguy
Fragrantguy

After searching everywhere for this fragrance, I finally found it today at my local mall and received a sample. I must say that it is exactly like "Playboy VIP for him" almost identical in every way. I know they are made of different notes, but they smell almost exactly the same. Nice and sweet with a masculine edge, but dries down to a mixture of the mentioned cologne along with "Ron Marone's Black".

moftahyounis
moftahyounis

Lovely sweet fragrance.
I love it from top to bottom .
I am getting good longevity .

darrenshiver
darrenshiver

I have no idea why anyone would be down on this amazing scent. I guess some people are opposed to getting noticed by woman. Every time I spray it on, I get compliments.

Annica

Women should also pay attention to this beautiful fragrance! Very comforting and sweet. Don´t let the woody-spicy despription scare you off. Just try it. The lavender is sublte and there are a lot ot nice things going on in this fragrance. Gourmand, sweet, but also fresh. Recommend this to women and men who like woody and sweet fragrances with a unisex feel.

rockets
rockets

Lovers of A * Men may turn up their noses and consider the light version of the aforementioned, but it is not: it is closer to Lolita Lempicka au masculin, so soft and charming ... vanilla mixed with hot coffee and a faint aroma of baked cookies, just as if you like the gourmand notes that you never can be run, the only flaw persistence not to stratospheric levels, but if I close my eyes, here I am in a station bar with its scents and the loudspeaker announcing my train for the holidays.

MikeDropIt
MikeDropIt

That lavender in the opening is disgusting, it smells like plastic dipped in fake coffee.. However, the drydown is heavenly! Not FBW enough, since the projection and longevity is low.

itachi
itachi

its a good one. it doesnt draw much attention but if a lady smells it she will love it.

noirdrakkar
noirdrakkar

While the gourmand elements of this fragrance work fine, there are overly synthetic leafy and woody notes that distract the wearer from the vanilla coffee notes.

Good for the price, but just for the price.

EloquentOgre
EloquentOgre

I cannot even begin express how much I adore Rochas Man. Warm and comforting, yet sexy as hell, it's a rich, delicious gourmand blend of warm, foamy cappucino, soft vanilla, subtle lavender, and a sweetness reminiscent of roasting marshmallows with a hint of caramel. My nose does not catch the woodiness others have mentioned, though perhaps the roasting side of the marshmallowy scent I catch is the sandalwood.

Projection is moderate for me, sillage as well. It's an incredible winter/fall scent, and I like it enough that I am comfortable with it year round, even if it's far more of a "warm" scent than a fresh sort of scent I'd typically consider for summertime.

For under $30.00 for a 100ml flask, it's absolutely unbelievable. It does not smell at all like a bargain sort of scent. But that bottle... oh lord, as many have said, it is, to be gentle, shameless.

tastetherainbow87
tastetherainbow87

Ok I got this Cologne which I bought it because the coffee note remind you I got Michael Jordan legend now back to the review I was looking for something sexy smelling when I smelled this Cologne I thought to my self. Hmmm smell like Michael Jordan a litter disappointed I was looking for something different not the same as mj staying power it's ok just not power house which I already knew that. Some this review up good smell for cuddle up times worth a try simple first if you looking for something cheap that great get mj.

rzetzm
rzetzm

Cheers to Rochas Man for being the first cologne that I can tolerate something sweet, coffee-vanilla-y... I remember a year and a half ago I first smelled New Haarlem by Bond and thought 'ugh'. Perhaps smelling this in the winter months is advantageous; I do feel it's far more suitable for the cold weather.

The scent is not generic for me, and having paid a little over 20$ for this (I'm used to getting 'steals' online for creed and bond paying 150+) I think that the price is pretty incredible for what you get.

So the smell, the smell ... I'd say it's more a light vanilla latte scent, mixed with a woodsy background. There's something aromatic/powdery about it - I would guess lavender? - and I think that and the woodsy note saves this from my persisting beliefs that a cologne that smells like something I want to eat I really don't want to smell like. That's just me... but this is different!

The drydown is accentuated by more of a sugary-vanilla smell (though not a lot) with some aroma/powder and some woods to remind you that this is pour homme after all. I enjoy blurring the line, though, between a masculine and feminine scent, because as I've pointed out before - if it smells good on, then you're good, because if it's right it's right. It's a sensual, VERY playful men's cologne that is to be worn on a day when you're surrounded by women and need some compliments!

It's more a well-executed blend of floral, woody, and yes... sweet! Throw in some vanilla too, and you've got yourself a pretty amazing fall/winter and maybe spring scent. Definitely suited to cold weather, definitely aimed at getting lots of compliments from women, or begs to be worn around your girlfriend for some pillow talk =).

And jeez, 20-35 bucks for this? Sold.

herreroph

Smell like a vanilla cappucchino. I love it

bailarina
bailarina

I don't even care much for cappuccinos but this smells delicious. It lasts very long and it has good sillage. It is a quality perfume that is affordable. I blind bought it for my husband because somewhere I read it smells like AXE Dark Temptation which I love. For me, it does not smell like Dark Temptation but I love this one on him anyways. He uses it even though he is not a perfume kind of guy. I think it is very wearable and that is why he does not mind. (Before this one I got him a Ralph Lauren perfume he never used). I recommend for all ages specially 25 to 35.

rprovenz
rprovenz

Women love it... Isn't that all you need to know?

jht4060
jht4060

Rochas Man is a pleasant sweet gourmand with very little complexity to my nose. It is dominated by ethyl maltol (cotton candy sweet), coffee, and homofuronol (caramel, bready, brown sugar) or something like it. A little bergamot and lavender in the top and vanilla in the base are about the only other clear notes I catch. I like the smell, indeed it is hard to imagine anyone not liking it, but it seems a bit dull. The iconic Thierry Mugler Angel Men is similarly sweet but more complex and interesting.

trickykid300
trickykid300

It is super sweet and girls dig it but it is hard to wear it for extended periods because of the sweetness. It is also kind of girly, there are sweet smelling colognes out there that are more masculine. Animal animale is one of them. I would also recommnd Chic or CH by carolina herrara. They are worth a try if you are in to sweet smells but want something with a bit of manliness.

Space Invader
Space Invader

Price: 7/10
Projection: 7/10
Versatility: 4/10
Compliments: 9/10
Buy/Try/Pass? Try
Rating (0-10): 7

Note: I won't be buying this. It it excessively sweet. Girls dig it though. In a few years I'll buy New Harlem ;)

arzacu

One of my options for Xmas eve.

Warm, sweet, not overpowering, sexy and milky

YUMMY!

1welshdevil

Lovely warm Sugary/Spicy/Sweet fragrance, i fell in love with it on First Spray, has good memory association for me so i love it. Not one to give your dad, bottle shape, pink box etc. Buy it and enjoy it yourself, I don't find it lasts a huge time on my skin. Perfect to wear on a date :-)

SwagScent
SwagScent

This is an ok fragrance. I bought it initially thinking that it would be as good or better than New Haarlem — not even close. It's a pleasant sugary fragrance.

Jay88
Jay88

A quality fragrance for a bargain price.

It smells like a a good cup of mocha with vanilla syrup. The lavender is also very prominent. Personally what I enjoy most about this fragrance is the subtle raspberry note.

It's not strong so it can be worn most occasions. But it does best as a romantic date night scent. It is best for Autumn and Winter.

A really great starter fragrance. It is a nice introduction to gourmands.

The bottle looks like sex toy. Yet still quite elegant!

Price: 10/10
Projection: 6/10
Versatility: 7/10

Buy/Try/Pass? (BUY...you are looking for a sweet but lighter gourmand at a good price)

piscos82
piscos82

το καλύτερο, το πιο διαχρονικό αντρικό άρωμα για όλες τις εποχές . Σταθερή αξία

odaselementales
odaselementales

It's a shameless sent. It's for bars and clubs. It's hard for a man to wear something that smells of cotton candy and keep a straight face. You certainly wouldn't wear this at the office.

However, women love it. Frankly, I love it too. We wear cologne just as much for us as we do for women. I don't know a man who actually likes to give flowers who doesn't like them himself.

Okay, so the idea of wearing something that smells of cotton candy may turn some men off. I'm sure that men and women alike are thinking of pina colada, or strawberry body spray at strip clubs; something girly to cover up tobacco, and liquor and sweat, and barely controlled hormones. It's nothing like that. It just works. Go to any store that sells the stuff, and a great many do, and smell it. The proof is in the pudding. It just works.

peake1
peake1

Nothing detailed here as it's all been covered below but if you enjoy creating memories with the special ladies in your life this yummy cotton candy coffee scent will only help sweeten those moments! This is loved by my five year old daughter, my wife (rarely likes any frags) and even my local lady bank tellers etc. It would not be a keeper for my own personal taste but this is one bottle that remains purely for people pleaser reasons.

Scent - 3/5
Smiles - 5/5
Snuggling - 5/5

cinema1974
cinema1974

YES, ANY GUY WEARING THIS IS HOT! WELL MY HUSBAND WEARS THIS AND NOT ALOT OF GUYS KNOW ROCHAS...BUT IT SMELLS FANTASTIC...I WENT ON SHOPPING TRIP WITH GIRLS AND WE WERE AT REST.EATING THIS GUY HAD IT ON...WE ARE LIKE WOW WHAT SMELLS SOOOO DAMN GOOD...IT WAS THE GUY AT THE BAR TABLE NEXT TO US...WE ACTUALLY FIGURE IT OUT AND WE ASKED HIM AND WE ALL SMELLED HIM...WOW WHEN FIVE LADIES, ALL HAD THE LURE FOR ROCHAS...WE ALL WENT TO SEPHORAS AND BOUGHT THEM OUT....FOR OUR MEN...YEAH IF THERE IS A WOMEN OUT THERE THAT DOES NOT LIKE THIS...THEN SHE JUST NOT WANTING IT BECAUSE OF THE ATTENTION...ROCHAS IS MUST IN MY MAN COLOGNE SHELF...YES AND WHEN HE WEARS IT I FEEL CALM...YEAH IT WONDERFUL...

Kostas_Minimal
Kostas_Minimal

I blind bought this yesterday and OMG!Was totally blown away!This frag is similar to me like joop homme!Its like a more mature scent thn joop though.
I cant describe how good this is.Its sweet,powdery and its all blended perfectly.wow
The longetivity is pretty good too.
It projects A LOT in the first hour and then stays deep in the skin.It lasted for 12-14 hours
Overall score 9.5/10

Redpula
Redpula

I was lucky to have owned this Rochas Man and recently, the very hard to find, Rochas Man Intense.

Rochas Man, to many who have tried, this is a very good mocha scent in perfume. It is perfectly refined to be noticed, to wear a woody sweet gourmand with a touch of floral plus an amazing blend of coffee, vanilla, musk, amber and others.

Compliments are easy when wearing it. Sensual, rugged (I think), moderately loud and one of the best winter moment cuddling scent. Should I not known that this is from Rochas, I would have guessed that this is a niche fragrance. Something to be addicted with because even if there is a resemblance with Bond no. 9 New Haarlem (maple sweeter), Rochas Man, will steal your moment once you take a whiff of it from someone with the right skin chemistry. Projection is moderate, Longevity is monster. Is it worth a space to perfume collectors? Definitely.

Rochas Man Intense, to put it simply by feeling is "mocha done better than Rochas Man". RM and RMI share the same top but less on floral notes. RM from top to heart is more intense and loud. RMI is more impressive from heart to base but closer to skin, yet more intimate.

Close to skin but with more depth, warmer, creamier, darker, lesser sweetness and straight up, full bodied woody gourmand without the hint of floral (on my skin) . It is not as sharp as RM but definitely much pleasant to women's nose and a hint of powdery on base compared with RM. A scent that was more refined to enhance the heart and base for compliments but closer to skin. It is a scent not intended to shout and get noticed. A quiet one but a charmer that pulsate now and then to whiff up, to leave a statement of being bittersweet, sexy, pure mocha goodness & very addictive to sniff the skin.

DaZeD
DaZeD

Ugly Bottle, cheap price, but a very cozy, warm, sweet and sexy scent.

The opening reminds me a lot of Drakkar Noir.
I really love this, and it's very easy to wear as well.

rootbeerlord
rootbeerlord

This stuff is awesome! Great for cuddling :). I put this on at a cuddling party and I will just say things went great ;)

hawkinsk3
hawkinsk3

I'd heard that this fragrance could be unisex, but I was leery after the initial burst. It smelled quite masculine to me at first and though it softened over time, I still think it is better suited for men. I'm no good at describing notes, but it is fresh while being warm and sweet at the same time. I like the complexity as it changes throughout the day. The shape of the bottle makes me chuckle, though. It looks like a butt plug.

Update: I had eaten some cinnamon/praline cookies the day I tested this and I was under the impression that the smell of the cookies was lingering behind on my skin. Apparently, it was Rochas Man! I'm totally intrigued now...

Smyle12

I have always loved this fragrance and, in fact, it was one of my very first buys when I started collecting. Then it was spring and only being able to wear this once or twice, I put it away until now. Having amassed a rather extensive collection in the meantime, I must say that while I still adore the scent of Rochas Man, it really just doesn't have the projection I once thought it did (and ought to) and settles directly onto my skin where it stays there. It's far to wonderful a fragrance to do this, and I really wish that it didn't! Does anyone else have this problem? Perhaps I should purchase the EDP, as I'd imagine it's everything I love about this scent, just enhanced, but it's very expensive for just 50ml! At least now I'm certain that this could be worn almost year round (with the exception on July and August perhaps) on me. In fact, it actually projects much more decently, from what I remember, in the spring, and always smells delicious. Now, in autumn, it just sticks right to my skin and stays there. Rochas Man, you will always be loved and appreciated by me, and surely too, by a romantic interest in my life! :) Oh, Rochas, if only you were stronger, I just can't seem to spray enough of your sumptuous chocolately/raspberry/vanilla latte goodness onto my being...

When one considers the truly unique and contemporary bottle design, beautiful box, and and truly inspired scent of this fragrance, there are precious few others that can claim to rival all three!

NoblePlumTree
NoblePlumTree

I bought this as a blind buy for the fast approaching cold months. I can honestly say that I am extremely satisfied with my purchase, especially when you consider that this fragrance can be had for around $25. Upon sniffing the initial spray on my skin, the scent of lavender and citrus were immediately apparent. I find the lavender and citrus to be a little harsh at first, but it soon transforms into a very pleasant sugary cotton candy and vanilla type scent.

As it dries down, the lavender becomes more subdued and a very faint coffee or chocolate scent begins to peak out between the sugar and vanilla. Sadly, the coffee and chocolate never truly reveals itself completely. At least not on my skin, or maybe I just have an inexperienced nose. I think I might also be getting hints of fruit like strawberry or cherries, but I can't say for sure.

If I had to describe a setting that would accurately represent this fragrance, I would say it smells a lot like an amusement park sweets shop. The type of shop that serves freshly made cotton candy, ice cream on waffle cones, and giant swirly lollipops.

As for projection and longevity, I get a medium projection for the first 3 hours. It gets very close to the skin after that, but it's still quite noticeable. The overall longevity of this fragrance lasts for about 8+ hours on my skin. Overall, I definitely recommend Rochas Man if you enjoy gourmand scents. It's very pleasant and well done fragrance that can be worn day or night during the cold months.

fragsforyou
fragsforyou

Why is this a Woody Spicy? It really is a Oriental Vanilla / Oriental Spicy!

burgundyaltima

one of my favorites..just wished it lasted a little bit longer...first day i wore the fragrance a lady said i smelled really nice..like vanilla : )

vdxl

I have the intense version: Rochas Man Intense. The lavender-vanilla-candy notes are more pronounced, making it smell like a relative to le male: but on the right time, it behaves like a tender eau de parfum, with great but mannered sillage and extraordinary longevity and presence: you may feel cotton candy, but it is more than just a flavour. Don't be pulled of by the pink juice. It is nice, and also, women can wear it too- and be very sensual.

bcoops
bcoops

This smells more similar to
TL Pour Lui Ted Lapidus than New Haarlem to me.
If u want more projection/longevity I would check that out.

Also the Rochas Man Intense is off the chain if u really like vanilla

DJM
DJM

This is becoming one of my new fave scents. It is not a projecting as I would like, but it does last relatively long on my skin. Also, I think it has just the right amount of sweetness to it. It reminds me of cake batter. This is about as sweet as I would go as far as male fragrances are concerned. I got this as a blind buy and am very pleased with my purchase. For those of you who like a little "sweetness" without over doing it as in Angel Men or Joop (personally don't like either of those)this would be an excellent choice. On my skin, it pretty much remains the same as far as scent is concerned when I first spray it on, and several hours later, so there really is no surprise. What you spray on is basically what you get with this one. Great value too

colours
colours

A lot of people claim it is "too sweet" but I don't get that at all. On my skin, it smells just like warm cinnamon sugar that's definitely not too sweet, just right. This and Blue Sugar are my favorites for gourmand colognes.

renoir
renoir

I respect this brand and most of their ladies perfumes, but at the same time i think they are clueless when it comes to men's fragrances!! I love vanilla but in cake and in very small amounts in select perfumes. Moreover, I'm a coffee adict so I love cappucino but only as a beverage. The sweetness is just too sickening for me. Sorry, but there is just too much of those two ingredients that to me they cover up everything else.

gert1980
gert1980

rochas man is discountet!this is very bad news,p&g tell me its of economic reason!i feel my not good,this is my favorite!ik go to the store very quick to buy a bottle,maybe this is te last i can buy

Amoroso
Amoroso

What a fragrance !!!!!!! Incredible .... When I wear this I just feel like Homer Simpson in the "Land of Chocolate" ..... Hahahaha..... Just great :)

ABRAG
ABRAG

The smell of sugary sweets of vanilla

Coffee and I hope that continues today is the first experience

Is excellent and manly fragrance
Received praise from family

I do not know what to say I can not know is a complex

Is beautiful

Recommend it

Migalex
Migalex

It seems to be very trendy these days, but I do not understand why would anyone want to smell of coffee, which is exactly what this scent overly smells of - cloying, sickeningly sweet coffee.

jamesivan
jamesivan

Coffee and vanilla, boy ! do they make a good combination to become a great gourmand scent. It's good enough to make you hungry for coffee cookies of some sort. Longevity is good. It ends with a vanilla note. What does it remind me of? It reminds me of Givenchy Play Intense in the dry down. And if you are curious, try Lomani Essential. Rochas Man and Lomani essential are almost identical to each other. Lomani is way cheaper of course.

keffy
keffy

This is a good GOURMAND fragrance, it open with Coffee and Lavender, great for the cooler days, best when worn on a romantic setting, the only problem with this is that it doesn't project and last for very long like Thierry Mugler, Allure and Christian Dior fragrances. Despite of the lact of longevity i still love this scent, i do recommend it and it is worth the money, if you dont like sweet scents this is not for you at all, this is similar to Bond # 9 New Harlem,blue sugar, lolita lempicka, versace dreamer and angel a-men, mainly because of the sweetness

scribs
scribs

ok i need this beyond all sense and reason, i cant find it in my country if anyone has it and wants to trade let me know :)

Smyle12

Maybe that's why I love it's design so much and what makes this such an outstanding gourmand fragrance. Thank you so much for your incredible contribution to this forum though. Brilliant observation, enzyme, just brilliant! And here, all along I was FOOLED into thinking it was merely conical, unless of course you are a woman, or perhaps, gay.

enzyme1
enzyme1

Has anyone notice that the bottle is shaped like a phallus

scorpio1101
scorpio1101

puke...too sweet for a man in my opinion...just not my taste.

shanteyoustay
shanteyoustay

It's a sweet Girly scent in a sweet girly bottle. Shouldn't even be called a cologne

vans1998
vans1998

Never use it on summer!

Projection:7/10
Longevity:6/10
Smell:8/10

Age Group:21-
For:Winter/Daily
Versatility:3/10

Similar To: 1)Bond No 9.-New Haarlem
2)Givenchy Play İntense
3)Nikos by Nikos

fragranaticafreak
fragranaticafreak

Haha. This bottle looks like a straight up dildo. And why is it pink? idk but it smells like too sweet chocolate and vanilla candy. Who were they marketing this to? 6 year old girls?

Valleboi_a1a
Valleboi_a1a

A light chocolate vanille and lavender fragrance that is quite charming. For the price it is a worthy purchase the bad thing it doesntlast longer on my skin.

Lumiere
Lumiere

This is another scent that i sneak for myself, yummy, vanilla, sweet, but it has a certain fresh bergamot note that draws me to it. What's not for the woman here-jasmin, vanilla, coffee, sandalwood, so balanced!

ZELJO
ZELJO

too sweet? well, love it anyway since it was released, reminds me quite a lot to Sculpture but I find Rochas man more suitable for Summer nights...unforgettable

DistinguishedGent1
DistinguishedGent1

Very sugary off top. Nice if you really like sweet fragrances. It quickly dies down and becomes a overly soft undetectable skin scent. I like coffee in scents but this one doesn't do it for me. I definitely recommend New Haarlem to anyone looking for a coffee scent like this one.

BikerDave
BikerDave

I got a great deal on this on this one...half price!! First thing I thought of was, "Wow...this smells damn close to Givenchy PI". And it really does. Maybe not so much creme brulee...but still. Vanilla and sugar baby. Vanilla and SUGAR. Take it or leave it.

bigjakeriz
bigjakeriz

I was surpised when i smelled this and didnt like it. The top 3 fragrances that are in the "smells like" list are way better than this. But the one thats the most similar it jordan legend. I think it actually smells better. I love sweet fragrances but there is something sickly about this one. IMO

del
del

Rochas Man is a true definition of Suave.

The strong floral opening is an attention-grabber, and will definitely pique your interest. It is inoffensive after 6 sprays (2 chest, 2 neck, 1 back, 1/2 for each wrist) on a winter afternoon; the projection is average, but I like it that way as I don't want people complaining about my scent; the longevity is great -- I can still smell it 7 hours after my first application. I detect a chocolate scent somewhere between 2nd and 3rd hour and the sweet, vanilla scent on the dry down is just nice and comforting.

With the right application, this can be worn at work or at school, even at church where proximity to other people is close.

Can't wait to get the full 100 mL bottle.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I love Rochas Man on my husband (who normally wears woody spicy and woody oriental fragrances very well), and it blends perfectly with his chemistry. For some reason it smells very gourmand on him, like vanilla cake, with a touch of lavender, cappuccino, and raspberry. It also lasts forever on his skin. It's a great summer scent!

dmoman
dmoman

I don't like food sweet colognes BUT I figure to own at least one gormont fragrance just to have something in my arsenal for date night purposes. It's really doesn't project great and actually stays close to your skin..perfect for a guy that isn't wanting to smell it all night long on himself. I actually tolerate this because it doesn't overpower you unless you spray too much. Longevity is good for what you pay for. Guys who don't like food sweet colognes you should still have at least one in your arsenal for date night purposes (like if you know your date likes sweets). Price is too good to not give this a shot. 8.5 out of ten, good coffee vanilla scent (or mocha).

twlahue
twlahue

I own New Haarlem and Rochas Man, and Michael Jordan Legend
If you like Either One of these,
Try Body Heat by Bod Man
The one that looks like a Hand Grenade Bottle
It is $15-20 at Walmart, Kmart

You Will Love It Too

I'm not sure why, but prior to testing, I had imagined Rochas Man would smell really sweet, almost sugary. I pictured something more feminine than masculine. Well, I'm glad my assumptions proved incorrect, because although this fragrance is mildy sweet with its bold gourmand accords, it's something that really gets my heart racing, if you know what I mean.

My man has been wearing Altamir by Ted Lapidus for nearly a full year now, and while I love it on him, whenever he's 'in the mood', he practically drowns himself in it which makes it difficult for me to get close to him with all that sickly, spicy sweetness in the air. Rochas Man is a scent in a similar vein to Altamir but thankfully with a lot less sillage. That's not to say that the sillage isn't good, because it is. It projects itself well and lasts an outstanding length of time too.

Rochas Man is sweet, (like I mentioned earlier), but more focused on the sweet aromas of a capuccino, a bottle of vanilla essence and lavender-scented powder. Together they all blend to create one very delicious combination.

I actually revel in how masculine Rochas Man turned out to be. My immediate thoughts when the scent hit me was, "boyfriend... bed... now!" It's a scent that needs no introduction.

They don't make many gourmands for men these days, and that saddens me, since as a female I find them much more appealing than feminine gourmands. Vanilla is surprisingly sexy on a man's skin. Needless to say I bought a bottle for the man in question, and although he laughed at the somewhat sexually suggestive bottle design, (he does hide the bottle from his friends to avoid snide remarks), he wears it whenever I go to his house to stay for the weekend. Lucky me. And even though he still sprays in abandon, it's a fragrance I don't mind in heavy doses.

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

This fragrance is a great gourmand. It's very similar to Bond NO. 9's New Harlem although has it's subtle differences. For one, the price is about a fourth of what New Haarlem's is. Also, the dry down phase is kind of spicy and powdery, with definite hints of patchouli accords... very subtle but definitely there. All in all, it's a very good scent and is one of my all-time favorites to wear.

Carestinus
Carestinus

This is one of the best gourmands out there. Not edgy, not that original after so many chocky perfumes but I find it marvellously versatile and after 100 times of smelling it, I've never grown tired of it. It's in the same team with Very Irresistible for men, which I find a bit nicer than this. Both are fragrances you can wear without annoying anyone because neither are obnoxious, a problem many gourmands have after a while of using them (A-men, Lolita Lempicka au masculin, etc). This is classy but wearable at any age, it gives you an exquisite aura of cappuccino and cocoa with a tiny hint of vanilla. All very subtle, although not at all muted and wow so sexy. Its longevity is great!!! I find this perfume to be one of those must-have since it will be there any time you need a sexy and easy-to-wear scent. You cannot go wrong with this.

Pierina
Pierina

Kris919. I remember the lady in the store telling me this scent was made to work with a mans pheromones to make hime irresistable and to make a woman fight for her man...
Well very true indeed. Hubby sprayed this on his wrist and I wasnt partial.. He wears it on his neck and an amazing transition occurs. It is a sweet sexy morish fragrance that lasts all day and into the night.
It is sweet and a little dessertish and not unlike Givenchy play intense or even a little like a refined Joop Homme.
We keep an extra bottle in box in case it becomes discontinued.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A distintive caramel aroma which lasts a long time, and has medium projection...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 - 3.5 hours - 1.5 foot strong projection. Scent is like roasted caramel with a hint of soapiness. It is nice, but not amazing. It is worth a blind buy, but you may not buy it again.

3.5 hours - 5 hours - Linear scent, 3 inch projection

5 hours - 12 hours - 0.5 inch projection which is not too close to skin and so you get some projection all that time...

Unusual bottle

Good

med
med

Very nice fragrance , i love it the first time i smell it in a store so sweet , there is a similar one NEW HAARLEM its expensive than rochas but amazing

missan

Rochas Man is rather good, it´s pleasant and obviously well crafted. Reminds me slightly of Dior Dune and Lalique lion but not of equal quality

7,5/10

dukeofscent
dukeofscent

Women will literally try to lick your neck, just to taste this stuff. The juice works, that's I know for sure.

JimTheGreat
JimTheGreat

WOW this is a work of art for me, I love it.
Very intimate scent.
Beautifully crafted bottle.
I can't wait to try New Haarlem.

9.5/10

jessens
jessens

Very sweet creamy vanilla is my best description. I find it perfect for the holidays. I recommend it to any guy with an open mind who wants to try something different and something far from what you can find in the department stores, at least in my experience. My bottle is almost empty unfortunately but I can honestly say I have always gotten at least 2 compliments for every time I have worn this cologne.

michelleljones90
michelleljones90

i am sooo in love with this scent. i agree as it could be a mens or womans scent.I bought it for my boyfriend bc i love it but am actually wearing right now.I cant get over how good it smells.. seriously buy this its amazinggggggggggggg <3!!!! All the girls will follow you around ;)

its so sexy,irrestible and addictive!love love love

Dreamcatcher92
Dreamcatcher92

this one smells like L.O.V.E (this review is based on the EDT version)
really!!! I fell in love with it today!!
I haven't decided my Top 5 fragrances yet...
but ROCHAS MAN is definitely one of the top 5
Even if u hate A*men there's a great chance you'll like Rochas!

Sillage 8/10
Scent 9/10
Longevity 8/10 (about 8 hours on my skin)

P.S. as always, try before u buy!

AlexVEA
AlexVEA

One of my favorite colognes of all time! Love its warm, sweet, and somewhat spicy nature! For a winter time, it a clear winner! I love the infusion of bergamot, vanilla, and coffee. Lavander is a great addition with its calming effect. I even like an echo of a raspeberry hidden somewhere in its warm notes. It is confident, sexy, and very european,lol

kasurigama
kasurigama

The best thing about Rochas man is the price, you can get it for £20. However its a false economy because you need to spray tons of it on as its so weak.

My first impressions of it were cheap body spray, what i imagine the lynx chocolate thing would smell like.

It does have this astringent boozy smell but settles down into something sweet.

After a few days it either grew on me or i trained myself to like it. I wouldnt buy it again but I can at least use up the rest of the bottle.

Its definitely not a gourmand unless your a solvent abuser.

Roqfort
Roqfort

Great stuff. It's reminds me my childhood. It's sweet, but sexy. 5/5

DominicMC
DominicMC

Coffee/Vanilla/Raspberry, it all mixes together to make a nice warm scent, just like the add, its perfect for a nice casual day/night with the Mrs's to just cozy up together, she'll like this scent ;) lol.

silvrsrfr
silvrsrfr

This one's a nice change of pace for me- warm smooth, sweet. Top: cotton candy melting to light caramel. Dries nicely to vanilla, amber? base. Not sure I smelled lavender top or mocha base. Really nice dry down to the base!

mehrdad
mehrdad

خیلی شیرین و خوشبو
جذاب
مردانه
کلاسیک
شیرینی اش بی آزار است
برای مهمانیها و ملاقات های دوستانه و گرم مناسب است
متاسفانه مقداری دوامش کم میباشد که البته باز هم ربط به پوست نیز دارد آنچه مسلم است از پی جیوانشی دوام و رایحه
اش قابل توجه تر و شیک تر و هم جدید تر از آن می باشد
روشاس لویی آن خیلی از روشاس من خوشبو تر و طرفداران زیادی هم دارد البته در ایران مدتی است که خیلی نایاب و اگر هم باشد 50 میل آن است که با قیمتی بالای 70 هزار تومان به فروش میرسد

KinG JameS

Thanks (The_Drake) unfortunatley as U had mentioned its still at large, that version has never reached anywhere near a perfumery in europe I might have visited, the only ones here are the usual edts like this one and my opinion on this is that its really wonderful, funnily it took me sometime to find this gem coz it wasnt advertised that much like the fragrances of today, now am lickin my lips and drooling on how the intense version would be if I ever get ma hands on it, I think I might just sip it, what a gourmand this is.... delicious.

ItsJson

I had to review this cologne again.
Talk about gourmand & exotic.
The Sandalwood and the cedar are well balanced with the other sweet stuff in it. And one of my secret to enhance the smell of this cologne is to put on coco butter, by palmers and Im good.

ItsJson

This is just lavander at its finest...I love this fragrance.
Michael Jordan Legend is a Rochas man on steroids.

The_Drake
The_Drake

Just google "rochas man intense". It's an EDT. Fragrance Direct used to sell it quite cheap, but now it's gone from their site. It is rare and getting harder to find. And yes, it is indeed lovely. The coffe note is tuned up and the vanilla tuned down. I think it's the perfect alternative for guys who like A*Men but find it too strong and overpowering to wear.

KinG JameS

Hello Fragrantica Members, I´m readin the reviews below and many tend to review an intensive version of this, which I had no idea existed, is there an EDP of this called, "intense" "absolut" or something like that? I sure have never come across it nor heard of it.

bp
bp

POWERFUL, POWERFUL, POWERFUL, in every sense, as a perfume should be.

Excellent.
I strongly recommend.

Picollo30
Picollo30

this somehow reminds me of Givenchy Pi,but lighter and better than Pi. I like it.

Endymion
Endymion

The fragrance name is Rochas MAN and not Rochas MEN...

costaleo
costaleo

For those who like gourmand fragrances, but consider most of them out there overwhelming, this is it: you have found the perfect fragrance. Not that the gourmand side of this scent is non existent or subdued by fresh notes. IT IS a gourmand in all its strenghts but it is never too much. It is, in other words, a comfort scent. The lavander is always there, kind of taming the wild coffee and vanilla mix. The scent, after a while, settles and all you have is a steady, permanent, rich aura around you. Great cost/benefit. A must buy in any collection.

CARLOS05

I have already reviewed Rochas Man below, it is a great scent which should be in everyone's collection.

I have noticed, when i spray the intense version on clothes, the smell lasts for at least 2 weeks, wish it lasted that long on the skin :)

secamel
secamel

I think I cannot add anything new to the excelent previous reviews, but all I can say, is that I love this fragance.

I don´t know how, but it is sweet and fresh at the same time in my skin, and I can wear it (rightly sprayed) on every season.

If you are not a gourmand lover, then give this one a chance, I'll bet it will arouse your senses.

Recommended!!!

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

A vanilla coffee that I swore had a hint of cinnamon.
A masculine, gourmand, sweet, milky Autumn-winter fragrance.

m-hani

مجلسی به حساب میاد
با احترام

gregmech26
gregmech26

Rochas Man Intense is much better than the original Rochas Man. The Intense version of Rochas Man features significantly more vanilla and less coffee.

Rochas Man Intense is very difficult to find; however, it is available in Paris and online in Europe.

A superb gourmand fragrance for men.

CARLOS05

I got the Intense version as it was a really good deal, also because of the great reviews. Are there any major differences between this and the normal version?

The Intense version reminds me so much of Givenchy Play Intense which I also love, this fragrance is great and I recommend it to anyone who has a collection.

The only problem I have is that, people say they get 6 or 8 hours of this fragrance and some of the others, do they mean skin close? because after 2 hours, i cant smell it on my wrist let alone on myself.

Overall a very nice fragrance which develops into a surprisingly pleasent aroma.

8 out of 10

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

The most aromatically sweet and elegant cup of coffee you can imagine.

laura021
laura021

Every time my boyfriend wears this i want him to use the bottle on me.

Heverton
Heverton

This fragrance has as an opening, the dominant aroma of coffee accompanied by lavender, which excludes the dry and rough opening coffee smell present in Angel Men Pure Coffee.

After 30 minutes, the scent reaches it's climax, where we then have the appearance of vanilla involving the whole coffee note, giving a creamy gourmand aspect to the fragrance, a real cappuccino, (although not as evident as in Vanille Mokha but that does not detract in any way the ending result of this fragrance)wheres the final result is nothing more than a delicious gourmand fragrance that sparkles for it's versatility.

In short, this is an excellent fragrance that I recommend to anyone who enjoys a gourmand made around coffee. Want a more full-bodied and intense version of it? Choose the sensational New Haarlem, however prepare the pocket. Want a more creamy and a little more in mind that the scent from Bond No. 9? Vanille Mokha. A dry version of coffee? Pure Coffee. Now if your intention is to capture all these fragrances into one, with an excellent relation between cost and benefit, then go to Rochas Man!

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

A light chocolate vanille and lavender fragrance that is quite charming. For the price it is a worthy purchase and at times I find myself craving to wear this fragrance.

cte
cte

i hated this when i got it... after a few wears though i started to wet my pants whenever i smelled it lol... its super tasty!! :D out of my 15 fragrances this is now in my top 3.

for the first time with a fragrance (when im not wearing it) i get very vivid flashes of the scent as if ive just smelled it. i think its my mind craving it lol. when i get home i give an arm a quick spray and this makes me smile. :)

as for the scent itself... this might sound unappealing, but to me it has an antiseptic vibe. smokey antiseptic with chocolate is what i get. such a warm and delicious thing though.

its very powerful at first, very intoxicating (in a good way), but after an hour it starts to die and clings near my skin. i think i get about 5 hours tops out of this. if it only lasted longer it would be truly perfect.

Baga01
Baga01

I get a Woody/leafy syrup (resembling tree-sap/ maple syrup) with this one, I don't get any coffee whatsoever. Also I have a problem with the longevity and sillage - it's weak. Maybe my nose just get's used to it. However this is still my favourite fragrance in my collection. Aside from the poor longevity and sillage for me it kinda reminds me of paco rabanne's 1 million a little bit.

mcpapoo
mcpapoo

according to the descripsion...its seems its a warm spicy one...not for everyone...some kind of dork guy will say u is a little bit girly...bullshit...my advice,just buy it..

leecher88
leecher88

Yesterday i was in a store and put it on my skin
very beautiful fragrance very warm elegant
i like it very much but it is not unique because there are several perfumes which are similar !

Longetivity is amazing : +16 till 24 hours on my skin and you think its sprayed 1 hour ago !!

similar fragrances : (from best one beginning)

1.Midnight in Paris Van Cleef & Arpels (much more elegant)
2.Zegna Forte (very strong unbelievable good)
3. YSL la nuit ( is good as Rochas)
4.Givenchy Play Intense( little more sweater but good as rochas)
5. Bulgari Black ( not as good as rochas but also a good one)

please guys write at other reviews similar fragrances to the one you review because that could help people choose between more perfumes

shark
shark

freddiefingers,yeah!!!exist but it was discountinued...very dificult bringbuy!!!

mrt2196
mrt2196

kind of sickening after a while, but in generous application in winter and lighter in summer, people will claw onto you

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

is there an intense version of this?am slightly confused

silentrich
silentrich

I prefer this over New Haarlem, because this can be worn during the summer, spring, or winter. Coffee, vanilla, sugar, florals, and woods is what I get from this. A great fragrance to buy if your new to gourmands and want to see what the hype is all about, and a daily wearer for those that like gourmands that aren't cloying.

PSILOVEFRAGRANCES
PSILOVEFRAGRANCES

Guys and Gals - This is one fine fragrance. I've been looking for it for ages. Way back when, I smelled it on someone in a crowded movie theater and fell in love with it. I didn't know what it was, so I began a search. What I came up with eventually was ST Dupont Signature, and Burberry Touch. To my nose, these two share many notes with Rochas Man. Signature eventually turned me off because it was too sweet and cloying. Touch became too acrid for me. The violet note was over the top, even though the overall fragrance is great. I don't think it worked on me. Then...I found Rochas Man. THIS was the one I had been looking for all these years, and I finally found it. It's heaven in a bottle for me, and I can't get enough of it. I find it smooth, spicy (in a subdued way), and just the most beautiful fragrance on wheels. Terrific is all I can say.

tuturudka
tuturudka

A fragrance for young, sexy and self-confident men. I have it but everytime I smell it my knees start melting. I adore lavander and it's so powerful in those composition of Rochas. There's nothing else that can make me feel so comfortable in my skin!

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

Let us start by saying this is sweeeett! You best have some confidence when you put this on. I mean it is sweet!

What does it smell like on me? Like someone poured Hershey chocolate over some cappuccino with a kid near by tearing up some cotton candy. That may sound horrible for a cologne but I love it. I think another reviewer talked about having opportunities to wear this and I think that is my greatest problem. I don't go out much and it isn't a scent to wear to work per se. I am not saying you can't but I have to be in a very playful and maybe "sexy" mood to put this on at work (Corporate America). Anyone who comes in contact with this stuff will give you a reaction, rather it is good or bad you will be reacted to.

If you can buy it. I should have purchased an extra bottle at T.J Maxx a few weeks ago but I think I may have a problem finishing the bottle I now have. This is my second favorite Gourmand behind Pure Malt (my favorite fragrance). I give it two thumbs up, just be a little careful on the trigger and you can even pull it off in the summer but not outside I think. I adore this fragrance and now as I am typing am thinking about wearing it to dance class tonight.

Maurice Roucel is one of those perfumers on which I can't really make up my mind. On one hand I think about some of his creations that I totally endorse and love (Musc Ravageur, Rochas Man, Helmut Lang Cologne and Perfume, Linari Acqua Santa, Gucci Envy, Kenzoair) on the other hand I think about those I hate (Lolita Lempicka Floral Coral, Lancome Hypnose Homme, Marc Jacobs Splash Orange) and can't really decide if he's genius or just a good chemist.

What I can say is that he moves on a very dangerous territory made of a rich sweetness, bittersweet accords, warm and fresh juxtaposition, gourmand and animalic notes. This is a thin line that may easily lead to both a refined sensuality as well as to a total crude disaster. Expecially when he works on male fragrances. In Rochas Man he surely hit the target with an amazing warm-fresh and sweet fragrance that opens with a suprising bergamot and lavander note and turns into a sweet musky-gourmandic drydown. Warm and embracing, fresh and crispy, very sweet but not loud. Can do really well also on a woman.

A great composition sadly discontinued, so stock up. My only disappointment is for the barely acceptable lasting power (3-4 hrs on my skin).

Rating: 8/10 (not higher becaouse of the weak lasting power)

Eos
Eos

This is the best kept secret for women.

I was at a shop searching for something new and the chica there recommended this. I was initially incredulous, but fell in love at the first whiff. On me it drys down to mixture turkish coffee, almondy baklava and sandalwood incense smell. I get lots of compliments and inquiries. A little goes a long way though, so don't over do it.

KS84
KS84

I feel like a slutty soft cotton candy ball sipping on french vanilla coffee waiting to be picked up at the corner, when I wear this.
Very similar to Givenchy Play Intense (for men), Givenchy being conjured to smell more refined.
A gourmand fragrance, I guess fat people are going to sniff you a lot lol.
The bottle is so ambiguous, ideas will come once empty.
Longevity: 6-8 hrs (on dry skin)

gatsby
gatsby

coffe..vanilla, bergamot,amber..this is so unique and special... And how can someone say that is a A*Men "clone"... Rochas was the first...A* men is much younger anddefinitely Rochas won.... A*men is different, good as well but nothing in common... Love this one , and also like the bottle, very "falic" symbol :P

Plantus
Plantus

Great fragrance for winter! If you are a fan of gourmand scents you really need to try this at least once. If you hate sweet scents don't bother.

IMO this is not a clone of A*MEN, its a much more modern, original and tasteful fragrance in the same time. Not to many people wear this or know about it, and I think that's a huge plus.

The projection it's awesome with 4 sprays and the longevity reach at least 8h.

oshunshawo
oshunshawo

I normally don't like sweet colognes at all. But I came across Rochas Man and Hanae Mori H.M. at the same time. Both were so unique and distinctive that I had a hard time deciding between the two. I loved the way H.M. smelled on the paper strip, but on my skin it became almost rancid. Then the choice was easy. This is definitely a unique scent, it's sweet and I like it...my boyfriend does too!

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

I had this and loved it but could never find the right time to wear it. It was too cloying for the daytime and never seemed to have enough depth to for an evening scent. I ended up finding myself just spraying it before i went to bed like a olfactory comfort blanket. I loved the Cappuccino foam/baby breath vanilla element of Rochas Man but found it never ever went anywhere interesting after that.I eventually sold it and now miss it and will probably buy it again...if only to help me sleep.

PieRat
PieRat

This is a very nice fragrance. I pretty much agree with all the positive reviews here, and will just add that if you are having trouble finding this scent then purchase or sample that new "body heat" fragrance from Bod Man. Can find it at any drugstore, etc...

It is a dead ringer of a knockoff of Rochas man. They cloned it to perfection, except I do not think longevity is comparable to the original.

carlosdavidz
carlosdavidz

Amazing fragrance and very hard to find also. I don't know why the fragrances from Rochas has been almost forgoten from retail stores. I found this perfume in Perfumania in Haywood Mall in SC but only only only there. The shape of the bottle is nice and the smell is unique.

sherry99
sherry99

When ever i smell it, i feel i'm sitting in costa coffee early morning and waiting for breakfast, while the fresh coco vanilla cookies are getting ready.I just want to eat this scent ::))))

rockindave
rockindave

I have loved and worn this fragrance for many, many years. It has a dry, sweet smell on the first spray; kind of like "cookies and cream" ice cream...

Sillage is perfect with many people asking what I'm wearing when they walk into my office when I'm wearing it.

It is a sweet, warm and comforting fragrance which suits me perfectly; certainly not available everywhere here in Australia but definately worth finding.

I live in a sub-tropical climate and I wear this all seasons, day or night, its just too nice not to!

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

Most would say, if you own A*Men or Lolita for men then Rochas is unnecessary. Wrong. This is a more sensual coffee blend, still in gourmand territory. I'd say its also safer, where as A*Men and Lolita are easily hated by those whose noses don't comprehend the complexity. Rochas lures women and makes them feel somewhat invited to your atmosphere. Some will invade your personal space. Its like a coffee pheromone. The vanilla is the cream in your java, and that touch of lavender is what makes it sexy. Chamomile would have been interesting, but I'm not complaining.

Observing the bottle, you don't expect the delivery. Its simply a cone. I would have made it an ice sickle... just to stick to the original layout. Love it... but I'll love it even more next month when the season begins to change.

periquito89
periquito89

One more on the same style of Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin, Avon Tomorrow Men and Angel (I don't know A*men yet). Perhaps more like Tomorrow Men. Smells good of course, but just if you have a particular reason to pick it up, in case of you already have one or two of the others.

Tuvok
Tuvok

It is like less powerfull A*men but a lot cheaper too. As I love Muglers infamous creation I love this one too. It is sweet on the drydown, I can feel chocolate but it is quite fresh and not offensive, not cloying at all. Longlivety on my skin average - 5 hours but I will test it tomorrow on a party. I think the perfect dosage is around 4-5 sprays, two behing ears, two on the neck and one on the chest. People seem to like it. If you like A*men buy it without trying, if not, check it out maybe this one will not scare you off like carmel chocolate sugar sweet "blue star" Cheers!

D A V A R I
D A V A R I

بوی شیرین ودلنشین
مناسب برای محافل صمیمی وملاقاتهای دوستانه
ماندگاری مناسب ولی برای هر شخص کاملا متفاوت بسته به نوع پوست

Sweet smell Vdlnshyn
Vmlaqathay for intimate friendship circles
Good durability but quite different for each person depending on skin type

I should start by saying that i think Angel men is one of the most grotesque scents on the planet, but this one, though it bears certain similarities, is actually nice.

Its very smooth and theres enough wood and florals to prevent it becoming overly gourmand. It makes for a nice casual scent and i dont find it cloying if im light on application.

Lasts a long time. Recommended.

mohmd.taha
mohmd.taha

hi

This fragrance let me know how to adore the vanila note.
simply this is a GREAT perfume.

Veedabestchef

I have to make another review on this beautiful fragrance..i was at the bar with friends and i recently got compliments with this fragrance..it was a bartender whos mid 40's..she ask me what was i wearing. i told her it was rochas man, which she never heard of it in her life..which is good because i thought she was going to mention that she knew the fragrance i was wearing.but she didnt..(i know this is a winter fragrance but i got to give it a shot during summer..Like i said it does not project really well, only close to skin...( this is a real winner to the ladies because all the perfect notes blend together)...i cant wait to wear this on winter time

Veedabestchef

This fragrance is one of the best gourmand ive ever smell..though the projection kinda weak but i dont care about that.this is very close to skin.. i love every single notes in this...im really into gourmand fragrance so far this is one of my favorite one...i love the coffee smell and the vanilla drydown..its very sweet and soft at the same time..opening notes reminds me of cotton candy which i love..this fragrance is good for winter fragrance..this is very intimate at the same time..this is great for clubs and special dates.. women love this stuff because its so sexy and sweet, and women love stuff, and this is a winner for the ladies.in my opinion this one of the easiest gourmand to wear because its not very harsh and cloying like angel men or jean paul gaultier or body kouros they project very well and they are hard to wear.rochas man is a perfect gourmand fragrance...longevity is awesome and sileage is amazing...this is a must have for gourmand lovers..(this is very very very sweet)...but i love it

Dreamer81
Dreamer81

I am not good at describing smells and I cant describe with words how I adore Rochas Man. Its sweet but masculine with some cofee and flowers and everything smells very natural to me. Sillage is average and longevity is good (but goes into "close to skin mode" after few hours). Clothes smells marvelous and very long after wearing it. I prefer it for evening wear over fragrances like Le Male or Armani Code. Its also good as daily wear so if you use just 1 fragrance this can be easy your signature. Just use less in summer.

Edit: I just tried Axe Dark Temptation and it smells very close to Rochas Men so if you cant sample Rochas, just imagine stronger and little bit dirty Axe Dark Temptation.

Overall 8/10 from me.

6 Above average
5 Average

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

I'm not understanding you, CrestFallen. What do you mean by Very Homosexual? Fragrances take on sexualities?????

mal23
mal23

I am somewhere in the middle on this fragrance. I can see liking this if I had not already owned Le Male by JPG, but it does in a small way seem to resemble that fragrance. It has that same sweetness to it. I would say this is a must try and possible buy for me. One nice Goourmand fragrance Overall a 8/10.

Anna_gr
Anna_gr

Got it for my husband today, this is my favorite male perfume, it's very sexy and I can always feel when somebody around me is wearing it.... YUM!

gyrro
gyrro

i`ve read many rewievs comparing this one to A*Men ... this is so much better, more simple in a good way ... for someone who likes it vanilla sweet with a bit of coffee from top to bottom .. quite underrated imho, this one deserves more attention ... i will check more Rochas products soon ... maybe offensive in the opening, but will settle to a great gourmand later ...

good longevity and very good sillage ...

favourite

BIG
BIG

i was expecting a distinct coffee note. all i got was ambery vanilla. guess i had may expectations were way too high

vdxl

A sensual and fresh oriental gourmand. Maybe Very Irresistible( my favorite) has some of its roots here. Sweet, but not overtly so, woody but not pungent. Extremely delicious without however screaming of sweets like a lot of fragrances today.

bngreedy
bngreedy

I have wanted this dream in a bottle for years now. Finally, after waiting for so long (why, I don't know) I purchased this yesterday. Mark the date because I could have died. This is the type of scent that not only mixes perfectly with my body chemistry, mood and personality, but my wife gravitates towards these types of scents also (ie: JPG, Pi). This will ALWAYS be in my rotation and may just become my signature scent. I was afraid that it would be too sweet, but it is in NO way cloying at all, just the perfect blend. Like shoveling snow for hours and then coming inside to a steaming cup of hot cocoa while under a thick blanket watching a Christmas movie. PURE COMFORT

albania9diadem
albania9diadem

Right away your hit with lavender and coffee its quite intense, very sweet, it stays through to the dry down. Give it 15 minutes or so. You get a soft vanilla not strong but pleasant it compliments the coffee very well. Overall a nice, warm, delicious, gourmand cologne. Its also long lasting. Its like siting down sipping coffee in a coffee shop with a bouquet of lavender flowers.

6opar
6opar

If there is a weak point in Rochas Man - it would be the similarities to colognes released before RM, but all of them from the glorious 90's.
First of all A*Men - caramel and coffee - sooo yummy and sweet.
Then Dreamer (but without the tobacco note) - Rochas Man is floral and a good one.
Finally Le Male ( without the spices) - a bergamot lavender mix .
RM is simpler than all of them, but in a good way, making it very easy to wear and like. A well made fragrance that is ...lovable. ****(*)

deonplayground
deonplayground

LOVE it! Last forever on me and the sweetness of it makes me feel very sexy and delicious (lol).

It's gorgeous...

I love this fragrance, lasts very much time, and the drydown it's delicious, smells like a sweet caramel, note, with coffe, like a hot coffe milk

mmm...

very recommended to wear it on night, or romantic use.

and I have to say that I have joop! too, but I don't think that both fragrances are similar, they are very different to me, I love this rochas man, but I'm starting to hate joop! because it's too strong, yes joop! it's sweet but too floral, this one, rochas man, is sweet but it's a gourmand delicious sweet.

crfan
crfan

This is the best gourmand fragrance ever. Does not include aldehydes that give a headache.
If you find A*Men disgusting but love the chocolate smell, then you should try this.

acc
acc

This popular fragrance is like a hot cake that is so hard to resist with delicious smells of coffee and vanilla. It invites, invites and invites. Would be a great choice for romantic use.

The ingredients are obviously top quality and the fragrance lasts very long.

I wish they produced many versions of this fabulous thing.

Mazinho
Mazinho

This is absolutely the scent of a modern/metropolitan man, and most probably the finest out of all male gourmand fragrances. I love it. The coffee/vanilla dry-down is elegant, warm and sensual. On me, it is also by far the one that gets most compliments (from the ladies). In my opinion, this fragrance will never be surpassed. A modern male classic par excellence!

misiek_pl
misiek_pl

I used to liked it more, I've worn it during the winter here and eventually got bored of it. I would prefer Le Male which imo is similar to this anyday. Whenever I wear it now on occasion I get a feeling that it smells cheap. Smells better on paper or out of the bottle than on my skin. Longetivity is good.

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

Great longervity! Very yummy! Similar to BVL's Black on base notes. It's a good scent, though I do not like the outside. The bottle is too ugly.

Stefan
Stefan

Reminds me of a lighter Givenchy Pi.
Almost too sweet, very candy like. ALmost vanilla overload, but it's doable.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

I sniffed this one at the store and thought it smelled warm, comforting and somehow familiar.

After doing a bit more research, I discovered why it does indeed smell familiar. Rochas Men smells remarkably like Joop! Homme, right down to the lavender and coffee notes.

Both are lovely fragrances, and both seem equally suitable for men or women. The main difference is that Rochas Men costs a lot more than Joop! Whether your nose or your pocketbook should be your guide is up to you.

ticalau
ticalau

2 sweet... just like candys smell! 2 simple sweet smell but a powerful fragrance! Just not my type... not for my taste! And the bottle damn ugly 2... like a vibrator ! :)))

guest_zia
guest_zia

very sweet like unrefined suger

guest_Mia
guest_Mia

So sexy in a boy...

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

A great and light gourmand fragrance! Amazing combination of coffee and lavander. Wish it could last longer on my skin. Anyway, the moment you spend with it is great!

Rochas Man by Rochas 4.17 out of 5 based on 1423 ratings and 248 user reviews

Rochas Man by Rochas for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
Rochas Man by Rochas for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
ROCHAS MAN for MEN by Rochas EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
ROCHAS MAN for MEN by Rochas EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Rochas Rochas Man fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Rochas Rochas Man, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Rochas Man by Rochas. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Rochas Man by Rochas represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.