Designers » R S » Oriental Floral « Groups

Secret de Rochas Oud Mystère Rochas for women

Secret de Rochas Oud Mystère Rochas for women
dislike

oud
Secret de Rochas Oud Mystère Rochas for women Pictures Secret de Rochas Oud Mystère Rochas for women Pictures

Secret de Rochas Oud Mystère by Rochas is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Secret de Rochas Oud Mystère was launched in 2014. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Michel Duriez. The fragrance features saffron, rose, gardenia, agarwood (oud), spices, patchouli, olibanum and woodsy notes.

Saffron Rose Gardenia Agarwood (Oud) Spices Patchouli Olibanum Woodsy Notes

Secret de Rochas Oud Mystère Fragrance Reviews

Megamind
Megamind

I tried it once in a perfumery shop and was immediately seduced. It was an opulent wood with a hint of something interesting I never smelled before. I suppose it was oud. Some time later I ordered it. But strangely I didn't get the same feeling even if I tried to wear it several times to get used to it. It became quite intrusive and cold (gardenia I think) fragrance for me. Wood is still there but on the background not as the first player. But oud is very prominent. There is a sharp note in addition and I think coming from patchouli.
All in all it is a good quality oriental fragrance. Quite unusual oriental type by the way. I would advise it for oriental lovers who don't mind patchouli in fragrancies (by the way patchouli is not strongly prominent here). As for me it renders this fragrance rather sharp for my liking. And I would prefer slightly warmer perfumes. But definitely this fragrance worth a try. It does not leave indifferent.

glitterlust
glitterlust

This has a great leather shortly after the sharper top notes lift but unfortunately it doesn't last long on me. Really interesting, beautiful in its own way but too shy.

Angela Agiannidou
Angela Agiannidou

I know why this is called 'Oud Mystere', because there is a mystery as to what happened to Oud. I like it, but frankly there is more oud coming out of Shahrazad's tray than from this concoction, so if you expect it to evoke images of Lady Chatterley visiting the barnyard for a bit of 'how' s your father' with the stable groom you can forget it. It starts off with a strong gardenia and olibanum combo that creates a rather camphoric effect with some hints of wood and spice. Olibanum's life span is short and the floral and wood soon take over. The best phase is towards the dry down where wood and spice leave a beautiful trail, semi spicy and quite aromatic. Smooth Rose and wood stay until the finale. I don't find it unpleasant, or heavy, it is perfectly wearable if one likes a light and more camphoric interpretation of oud. Good for Oud beginners.

christianne1
christianne1

This perfume is fabulous! Paris meets Middle East! Just goes to show how subjective fragrance is and/or how differently our olfactory systems work. I find this to be one of the most unique fragrances in my collection and it smells like nothing else. This is LOADED with osthmanthus and I don't even see it listed in the notes. Maybe it is the "secret" ingredient, I'm not sure. The osthmanthus used is very similar to what is in Parfum d'Empire Osthmanthus Interdite. It lasts several hours on me. I'm not sure how long because I kept craving the opening and respraying. I'm so glad I went ahead and made this blind buy. It is old school meets modern meets Middle East. Love it!

Iluvsmellies
Iluvsmellies

Wow the hate! I feel I must offer a defence. I saw this fragrance heavily discounted and then I almost didn't buy on the strength of the negatives here. I read Dr. Luca Turin's positive review and decided to give it a go anyway on the basis of wanting to form my own opinion.

I confess I am no oud expert, I love Body Shop's Amber Oud and J Del Pozo's Arabian Nights for men and am not too keen on Body Shop Rose Oud. I have never smelt an expensive oud so for the fragrance upper classes, my opinion may not be of any importance.

BUT with all due respect to the opinions of others:

Firstly, the outrage over the use of the word Mystere in the name I feel is overdone. I am aware of the legendary chypre with this name but I have never had the impression that it was meant to be related. Secret de Rochas Oud Mystere, Mysterious Oud flanker of Secret de Rochas in Secret packaging, it is a word, no more.

The fragrance reminds me a lot of Patou ENJoy when you get under the Oud, a beautiful fruity rose by the same perfumer, J-M Duriez.

The 'oud' here is soft, warm, woody and seems to sit beside the spiced fruity rose, in balance. I smell both but can focus on each side or let the whole wash over me. It does not smell as medicinal as some 'oud' scents seem to and the effect is very different from the loud ouds.

I can happily wear this in the office (small doses) or out and about and so far nobody has shown any sign of revulsion! No semen, no chlorine, no fly spray and it lasted the whole working day with enough left to not be able to just spray over with something else.

Make your own mind up if you can get it. If you don't like it you can always sell it on ebay :)

susiebashse.
susiebashse.

What a travesty to associate this bug spray with the great mystere de Rochas. I despair at the rubbish that now passes for "fine fragrance". Poor sillage and longevity too but maybe that's a blessing...don't waste any money satisfying your curiosity on this one....

jasminegreentea
jasminegreentea

Finally managed to get hold of a bottle, the notes sounded gorgeous BUT sorry to disappoint its awful, the only thing I can smell is OUD and then only for about an hour, after that an awful smell of chlorine. Bought this because luca turin gave an excellent review, which just confirms my thoughts on the subject of smell, it is purely subjective. I suppose if you like the smell of Oud then you might like this, but if you after a complex fragrance with all the notes arising this is not the perfume for you.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

Ooooooh, please share a review with us, those of you who have been lucky enough to test Rochas' take on Oud!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Rochas Secret de Rochas Oud Mystère fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Rochas Secret de Rochas Oud Mystère, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Secret de Rochas Oud Mystère by Rochas. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Secret de Rochas Oud Mystère by Rochas represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.