Designers » R S » Oriental Floral « Groups

Tocade Rochas for women

Tocade Rochas for women
dislike

Tocade Rochas for women Pictures Tocade Rochas for women Pictures Tocade Rochas for women Pictures Tocade Rochas for women Pictures Tocade Rochas for women Pictures Tocade Rochas for women Pictures

Rochas Tocade is oriental-floral perfume introduced in 1994. It is very sensual, gourmand and passionate. Maurice Roucel, the designer, in the top notes offers us refreshing green notes along with bergamot, freesia and geranium. The heart is temperament and provocative. Pure notes of jasmine, orris, and magnolia intertwined with gentle fresh-green tones of lily-of-the-valley. The base consists of amber, musk, cedar, patchoulis, warm and soft powdery vanilla. This very interesting bottle was designed by Serge Mansau.

Green Notes Freesia Bergamot Geranium

Magnolia iris Orchid Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Patchouli Amber Musk Vanilla Cedar

Vanilla Blossom

Tocade Fragrance Reviews

oldnose
oldnose

Some days it is hard to decide which fragrance I want to wear because I love so many. I wore this to work today and three people said "My God you smell good, what are you wearing!" It lasts forever without being overpowering, perfect for day or night.

vos
vos

My grandmother wears lots of different scents and at one time she had a bottle of tocade. in my memory it came across as very sweet. Now i can fully apreciate the warm ambery rose that comes through. I own both a vintage bottle and some more recent miniatures. The new stuf has lighter color juce and smells more synthetic.

Forbiddenjade

I did write a review on Tocade a while ago now.
There I explained that this scent seem to develop best on slightly alkaline PH. So if your skin has a regular 5.5 PH you can rest assured that its full charm will never unleash on it. I found in years of wearing perfumes that sillage in particular is affected by the PH and the reaction the fragrance has to it.
I hope this might help you in making a decision, together with my advice: buy samples.

Tocade is a pretty unique scent. It's a thick, but soapy vanilla with green notes and rose. Nose to wrist there's also a smoky scent at the base. The amber & patchouli, maybe.
I get a slight "plastic doll" note here, which I personally like.
Overall I really enjoy the powdery, yet creamy effect this vanilla has versus the loud, screechy vanilla extract of newer vanillas/gourmands. It's perhaps a more "serious" vanilla than most.

naen
naen

Amazing. Soul catching. Hunting, seductive scent. Something i wasn't expecting, beyond beautiful. And the way it changes according to my mood, amazing... Too valuable for my psyche to just reach for it every day. My new strange looking lover.

priscillaemrich
priscillaemrich

I bought this mainly because of Lucas Turin's review in the Guide. I really liked the initial scent. The longevity was amazing, that was part of the problem. The base is a very sweet vanilla, with no rose left. I smelled vanilla the rest of the night.

happycapybara
happycapybara

Why on earth is this perfume so cheap? It is gorgeous and so expensive smelling. Roses and vanilla and love mixed together. It is comforting and elegant. It is happy and uplifting. It is enveloping and forms a little cloud of loveliness around me when I wear it. Timeless and ageless, Tocade is for everyone. Wonderful sillage and equally impressive longevity. Although not overpowering, it is a scent that is noticed and remarked upon because it is distinct. The bottle is whimsical and bright. Another interesting dimension that is Tocade.

valbona.bergman
valbona.bergman

it is a balmy sweet scent,i detect a medicinal sweetness but it is tamed from this "milky" aroma that covers it very nicely like a blanket,it is playfully sweet, very colorful and as blacktaffeta said veeery succeffully, cheap vanilla ice cream..just pure joy <3 lovely

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Light sweet floral, preasent, lasting, reminds me a Jimmy Choo, unexpensive, but smells much better than many niches, they are probably in a niche for a reason))))

blacktaffeta
blacktaffeta

Ice cream, is what Tocade evokes for me. Cheap vanilla ice cream, bought in a cone from a van on a hot summer's day in my childhood.

And needless to say, that's a very charming image and makes me happy.

Tocade is loud, frivolous, obvious, and cheerful. I find it's impossible to be in a bad mood with this sprayed on my arms. Jolly wafts of jasmine, magnolia and of course vanilla keep me smiling.

I should probably mention that I'm approaching this from the point of view of a vintage chypre fan. For me, Tocade seems quite sweet, yet I will freely admit that it is much less sugary than many current mainstream fragrances, and much less obvious too. There is a progression as the notes unfold, and there is complexity. The ingredients seem good-quality and not especially synthetic.

And sniffing my arm again, I'm suddenly put in mind of Shalimar. Is there a little smokiness in there?

So. To sum up, Tocade is bright, cheery and enoyable, yet has some intriguing qualities that keep me thinking. Brilliant!

Vanessa Dunlap
Vanessa Dunlap

I took one look at the bottle and had to have it! Hey, for $30, why not? I had read a rave review from Luca Turin about this little beauty and was curious, so I ordered one and wore it yesterday. I am pleased with my purchase. Here's what it did for me: Tocade gave me the floral notes, with just a hint of the vanilla, and there was a wee touch of something citrusy, like an orange blossom kind of citrusy (probably the lily of the valley note). It was light, but did not disappear. No one around me complained, but then again, no one around me seemed to really notice I was wearing anything; they had to stand very close to me in order to smell the Tocade. This will be a perfect spring/summer go-to fragrance. For $30, this is a very well made fragrance, by a well respected perfume house, and this bottle is a work of art! The bottle is something I might find on Judy Jetson's vanity. A light, giggly, fizzy little thing. Adorable!

Elmyra

Id pair this up with the deodorant by Yardley ESP stayfast.

I wonder...should i buy this? 100ml? Its hard to find, and in entire suburb only 1 place sells it.
Works out to $ 47,74 as per todays currency. R495 SA rands.

Elmyra

I really like the smell of this fragrance. Unfortunately they only sell huge 100 ml bottles, although well priced, otherwise id buy a 30 ml...i have too many frags and cant handle a 100 ml right now. Im scared frags get old, their life is around 1-2 yrs i believe.
Anyhow, enough on that, back to the frag.

Strange but this reminds me of the Balkan airways hostesses, years ago, i am sure they were wearing this!

Also smells to me a little like lipstick. Like some of those beautifully scented luxurious lipsticks by Givenchy, or Lancome...

Beautiful fragrance, very soft, smells like - a woman relaxing in a jacuzzi filled with red flower petals of all sorts, sprinkled with sugar.
Stunning!

SmellieKat
SmellieKat

Tocade is Too Much most days - super sweet and just...giggly. My husband happens to love this perfume, but for me, I must be in the right mood, which happens rarely. Tocade is a perfume that panders to all that is sweet, slutty and apologetic for being slutty. Don't get me wrong - I love Maurice Roucel and think he has created many brilliant perfumes. However, Tocade just doesn't feel like me, or anyone I know, really. As a work of perfume art, it is unique, but will I wear it? Um...no.

kyl77
kyl77

I'm not sure if I have an old bottle, a reformulated bottle, or if it's just my body chemistry, but the Tocade I have on doesn't have any of the monster sillage or lastng power others have described. Rather, I find Tocade to be a lovely little rose and vanilla number that sits close to the skin. This lasts about four hours on me. Polite and sweet, this would make a great office scent.

jht4060
jht4060

Rochas Tocade is a sweet rich ambery vanilla, with a touch of rosy floral saving it from being too bland, and a touch of musk in the base. Comforting, warm, and inexpensive. I don't get the wow from it that many people do, but it sure smells great, the price can't be beat, and even the silly bottle is rather cute. Tocade is translated in many ways to English, but my favorite is "caprice". The breezy sundress-on-a-windy-day connotation, not the aggravating the-rules-just-changed connotation. Like the bottle - caprice, whimsy, eccentricity.

stephanieklein
stephanieklein

You can find this perfume in Marshall's for next to nothing, FYI. $14.99 for the big size.

olga.stefan
olga.stefan

I was expecting a heavy gourmand. So, at the first sniff I was like what the hell: Roses and Malizia Vanilla Douche Gel. Good news is I love that sticky Malizia Vanilla Douche Gel that smells like some obscure variety of vanilla, a scent which, hadn't the package warned you about, you would have had some trouble putting your finger on. Soon turns buttery, sweet and yummy. I detect a smokey background that confers it depth and mystery. Flowers are rather generic, cheap bouquets bought in a hurry, nothing too dramatic or overpowering. However,I decipher this light floriental as the epitome for warmth and a feel-good, indian summer mood, the strange thing is my boyfriend spells it as sexy. He's so terribly against most fragrances, yet so unexplainaby drawn to this one. In his words: this is the non-creepy result of Jean Baptiste Grenouille's attempt to capture the scent of beautiful women. I see many have rated this as a sexy juice, so I have to admit that s what it is like: sexy, yet non-vulgar, quite rarely worn also. I only wish it lasted longer on skin (it does last on clothes).

sissu
sissu

Been dying to try this one for a while now and finally got a chance to do so today. The verdict: Meh..just another version of Chopards Cashmere really. And that one is not in my good graces either. I will be passing on this one. Next please!

stormyla
stormyla

Knowing that this is a favorite of Luca Turin's and having read the reviews here, I decided to seek out a sampling of the vintage Tocade EDT. It's a cute quirkly little bottle. My first perfume loves were in the mid 60's,an era with many famous fragrances of the powdery variety. They usually have sophisticated refined sensibilties and I often enjoy wearing them, if only to reminisce about those days.

That being said, never before Tocade have I encountered a fragrance that virtually suffocates one with powder. Puff puff dab dab blot blot all around me with a giant furry powder puff resembling one of those old pink fuzzy slippers. I sneeze, sneeze, cough, cough, wave arms all around my head and wait for the powder to dissipate. I wait and wait and wait. It never dissipates, but it stops choking me.

Powdery vanilla is what comes next and sadly, nothing else. Others say that Tocade reminds them of Organza Indecence. That beautiful scent has a huge cinnamon note as well as woody and fruity undertones. Tocade as I perceive it is just a dull powdery vanilla. Sillage was OK, but the longevity was surprisingly short, about 4 hours.

Fragrance preferences are so subjective, It's really hard to predict how one will perceive a fragrance even with the best of reviews. So,all of you Tocade lovers, enjoy this fragrance and feel confident that I will not be bidding against you for a bottle of the vintage juice!!

bluebellinthewoods
bluebellinthewoods

Let it be noted I am a vanilla rose freak. Ok it's subjective in every sense but if heaven existed it would smell of this.

seventh
seventh

Tocade doesnt project much of a sillage and has moderate longevity. Apparently has been reformulated as many other gems, but i kind of still like it even though i wish it lasts longer. However men seems to like it, because its very subtle and comforting. I wouldnt find it loud or offensi e and i would recomend it for daytime too as well as in warmer weather. The bottle is quite arty too and very 90s. However i wish i had the chance to try the first born Tocade.

Talia
Talia

Reading all the reviews for this famous perfume I imagined it fatal, oriental and dark sweet, but for me it is quite daytime and optimistic and ok for the summer in a reasonable quantity. Maybe I met it somewhere in the past. It somehow provokes nostalgia for the teen years, full of expectations. Very charming and promising one, remarkable longevity indeed.

redsuedekitten
redsuedekitten

A gorgeous, burnt-vanilla rose fragrance with an undercurrent of marzipan-like heliotropin. Suited to lovers of both gourmand and classic floral perfumes; this one straddles both genres beautifully and its notes are well-balanced. Quite linear in its development. Great for everyday wear and long-lasting for an eau de toilette.

Vanille Bourbon
Vanille Bourbon

The colors of the perfume bottle remind me Disney Snow White so much! ;D

Kiku
Kiku

Not for the timid! Tocade is womanly, tempestous, and uncompromising. It is for the woman who looks life in the eye and never backs down. Such strength is unusual for a perfume whose dominant note is lily of the valley. Drydown is spicy and powdery. Tocade is reminiscent of Tabu but without Tabu's overwhelming quality. I know many people love Tabu but can't tolerate the sheer force of it. If you are one of them, try Tocade. You will probably love it.

Joeysgirl
Joeysgirl

Tocade of the 90's - delightful
My first & favourite perfume ever

Tocade Reformulated - eeeek
I bought it recently & gave it away

Thanks for the memories Xx

نوادر العطور
نوادر العطور

رائحة أخاذة تعيدني لطفولتي عندما كنت اشتمها في حضن امي ستكون مفاجأة عندما أقدمه لها كهدية تستعيد بها
ذكريات شبابها

Kamet1973
Kamet1973

The photos and packaging say it all. It is a delightful young, pretty rose and vanilla combination with a comforting powderiness. Its young but with an 80's vibe. It doesn't seem like an old perfume though. I'd represent it with a pretty young French girl a flirty red backless dress dancing around your bedroom, as light as a feather. I wear this when I need cheering up.

minalistic
minalistic

First impression is heavy oriental, but it's more of a good groumand consisted of buttery cookie-like vanilla.
I just LOVE it ! This is abslutely one of my best fragrances ever.

MMC
MMC

Tenho vontade de conhecer,por isso meu marido comprou pra mim pela FRAGANCEX em 10/2011 até hoje nunca chegou nem ele e nem NIKI de SAINT PHALLE.Acredito que fomos enganados pela loja que ficou com nosso dinheiro e nunca nos entregou.Continuo com vontade de conhecer TOCADE Rochas.

wyrdlam
wyrdlam

This is one of the first perfumes people have ever recommended me to try since I adore roses and vanilla. I finally came around to trying it, and wow, I LOVE IT. It’s so adorably ditzy and playful.

When I first spray some on my wrist, I get a good dose of rose, iris, and sweet vanilla. It doesn’t smell like real roses; it smells quite artificial because there’s a strange plastic smell to it. The plastic smell fades within minutes, thankfully, and there’s something that smells similar to raspberries even though there are no berry or fruity notes in this. It smells like fizzy, raspberry cola—whenever I spray Rochas Tocade on, I always get thirsty for a raspberry/cherry slushie if that makes any sense. When the rose fades, it becomes mostly vanilla in the drydown. I would say vanilla is the strongest note.

This fragrance reminds me of my childhood and smells playful and flirtatious rather than sensuous and sexy. The vanilla and amber make it warmer, but I would still not consider this sophisticated or chic. It just brings a big smile to my face when I spray it on. It lasts for many hours and has quite noticeable sillage.

The bottle is so awkward and weird that it is endearing. There’s something so incredibly 90s about the bottle’s bright colors and odd shape. Even the advertisement pictures scream cheesy 90s that I half expect the cast of 90210 or Party of Five to come walking out--I love it. But I’ve heard that this is being discontinued? I certainly hope not, but I think I’ll need to stock up just in case! 5/5

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

Based on the notes and the reviews, I was prepared to be in love with Tocade. At the mall, the salesman spritzed a bit on my arm and I wandered away to shop for an hour while it developed. Silly me, even though I could barely smell it (the mall is full of olfactory distractions!), I bought a full bottle anyway based on the light floral scent I got.

When I applied this perfume in good earnest, I was actually a bit let down. My husband’s comment (through a sinus infection): “you smell like paint thinner and roses”. And now, I can’t get that reaction out of my head! It does smell a bit like diesel fuel or paint thinner, or some other heavy duty chemical—combined with roses. After that, it morphs into a pleasant enough lily-rose floral and then gets a tiny bit spicy. After about an hour, it is a very light, powdery floral with a hint of spice—it reminded me quite a bit of Ellen by Ellen Tracy. The dry down is strictly vanilla, and the kind of sickly sweet vanilla I don’t care for. The vanilla dry down was similar to what I experienced with Yves Rocher’s Vanille Noire and also with Prince Machiabelli’s Sexiest Musk—to me, it just smells like cheap vanilla. In a way, it starts like Burberry Woman, but then where Burberry goes toward musky-fruity-skin scent, Tocade evolves as a floral-sugary-vanilla.

I’m disappointed, as I expected something unique and fun. Longevity seems to be at least 4 hours, and projection is at least arms length.

fazli ikram
fazli ikram

i managed to buy it...i find the smell is unique and intoxicating..i love it though..quite surprise the remarks by others on it..the one that i bought have gold tocade wording on it... i am not sure whether it is reformulated or not but..it smells great....

Forbiddenjade

A decade ago a friend of mine came to my place holding a bottle of it.
She loved it and generously sprayed it all over herself; then her boyfriend came round to pick her up... istantly commenting on what horrible perfume she was wearing.
Disappointed, she gave me the bottle.
A few days later I tried it on. The couple came round to pick me up to go clubbing - I was young and wild then! - ... and her boyfriend made a comment on what a beautiful fragrance I was wearing, adding it was mesmerizing.
Goes without saying that my friend was very annoyed.

We went clubbing then and at the entrance everyone - and I mean it! - commented on what a fantastic perfume I was wearing, asking what it was.

This little story is to say that Tocade works for those like me that has slightly acidic or alkaline PH.
The skin PH is in fact what brings out the best in perfume, being that every essence react to different chemistry.
Would be great if every fragrance lover could discover about his/her own one. It'll help them choosing the right fragrance between the fancied ones!

So don't forget: acidic or alkaline for this eclectic, enchanting, exotic lover!

Esscentially299
Esscentially299

This was a blind buy based on Luca Turin's review. The bottle I bought came in the all red box.

First impression: strong, warm, rose and vanilla, a little plasticky wierd note...which isn't altogether unappealing: saves it from being too sweet.

Given a little time, it mellows into a warm, powdery,
vanillic fragrance that has excellent staying power but doesn't seem aggressive or overwhelming. ( one small spray at the throat, and a dab behind each ear)

It develops nicely: I love the faded scent on clothing. All things considered, I'd buy it again. Not bad at all.

As for the silly bottle...it's a joke. Like Carmen Miranda's hat. Makes me smile.

cinnamonswirl
cinnamonswirl

Tocade smells like turkish delight without being too sugary. The rose is lush and candied and the vanilla is deep and sensual. This fragrance is a classic, one that transcends its time. It doesn't smell like other 90s scents, nor does it smell like any of today's sugar-patchouli behemoths.
Luscious, delicious, sexy, and about $40 for 100ml. The bottle is cute and quirky too. Proof there is a perfume god and that he loves us.

joliecat
joliecat

Review is for Tocade reformulated version in the all red box.

This could very easily be a unisex fragrance. Bergamot (citrus), and Cedar remain strong throughout, becoming wrapped in very lightly powdered soft, unobtrusive florals that are sweet but not too sweet. Tocade settles within 10 minutes, and wears very close to skin. Likeable and easily worn in an office as it is not offensively strong.
Refreshing crisp opening, softening to a mix of cedar, amber & lightly powdered vanilla. Long lasting dry down of smoky woody vanilla. Lasts about 4 to 6 hours, becoming a very close-to-skin scent within the first hour.
Tocade is pleasant, well blended, and a good bargain that doesn't smell cheap. Interesting fragrance for all people of all ages.

geekgoddess

I just got a bottle of the reformulated Tocade. The top notes have been utterly wrecked, but it still dries down to a lovely vanilla with a hint of cotton candy.

Heliotropea
Heliotropea

I've no idea what the original Tocade smelled like as I have the reformulated one. I can only say that, imo , it would be difficult to top the one I have. At first sniff it's a bit overpowering but right after this gives way to the most delicious, soft, powdery scent imaginable and it lasts for hours and hours. Absolutely lovely, if you like vanilla (but not the baking cookie type) and powder, lots of it ... yummy.

anomie et ivoire
anomie et ivoire

"Tocade" means 'whim;' the perfect name for this little dreamboat. Cartoonish yet satisfying big, big rose. A non-candy, deep and delicious vanilla. Powder that isn't baby or demure; more ... disco festive. If you don't like amped amber and vanilla or a classic rose and patchouli accord, skip this. I love rose/patch more than anything, and Tocade's take is easygoing. Created in 1994, Tocade is primary colors and madcap fun like Sassy Magazine, not the beige and black sophisticate 90s of Issey & co.

If you can find it, get the version with the gold design still on the box. It smells a lot better than the reformulation, whose box is entirely red. I do actually like the reformulation in spite of others saying it's terrible: more chemical than the older, yes, but don't sniff right at the skin and wait until ten minutes into drydown, and the chemical haze fades.

Heeding charges of "bugspray:" citronella is listed as an ingredient in the new Tocade (also in countless other reforms), and it is discernable but also strangely pleasant. Citronella is derived from lemongrass, and plenty find that a nice enough smell, but here the chemical called citronellol gives Tocade its distinctive geranium note. I wore Tocade all this summer while outside, and the one-two punch of the naturally insect-repellant patchouli and citronella banished mosquitos.

Often times perfumer Roucel's magnolia+freesia accord goes watery, but the vanilla, rose, and clean patchouli overdose of Tocade throw the usually dominant Roucel signature into a supporting role. This is a sillage beast, and you needn't spray more than once, especially if you're not into strong scents, but since Tocade is also vanilla-soft and very pleasing, I sometimes spray four+ times and nobody complains (in fact this one gets a lot of compliments, not that I wear perfume to please others, but it's nice that this doesn't terrorize either).

Tocade is a classic oriental of very high quality available for super cheap. Bonus: there's a plasticky note in here that puts niche attempts at synthetic irony to shame by referencing non-perfumey smells but staying incredibly charming and wearable. If CDG did this one in a line called TOY or something, it'd be worn more by guys, too. But Tocade has plenty of fans as is.

cecfor
cecfor

Another one that I had in the nineties and now rebought. I loved it then. Was I going to love it now? Well , when I opened the box a big smile came over my face. Mmmm. I still love it. Soft powdery vanilla. I love it in spite of the magnolia and amber which I am doubtful about now and then. It is a tiny bit odd and that only makes it more interesting to me. The bottle looks like a clown. That makes me smile too.

There is a note here in the base that reminds me of jimmy choo (which I soo strongly dislike, one of my worst actually). I guess it's patchouli. It's very evident in tocade when smelled from my clothes but not so evident on my skin. I like it in tocade and dislike it in jimmy choo. The world of perfume is full of surprises.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

I found a reformulation in the (entirely) red box on sale at winners and decided to give it a try. It was just plain awful. There was absolutely nothing to it. I hear procter and gamble bought Rochas perfumes? I have never smelled the real Tocade, but judging by your reviews, it sounds so lovely!! I do not recommend the new one at all. I was horrified and I can usually find something beautiful in every perfume...

itokatly
itokatly

Really good perfume! its interesting though... i got it around 6 months ago to add up to my collection! 1st spray put me off completely - was too strong, too powdery, too sweet... i just put it back on the shelve
6 months past, summer came and i decided to give it another chance and oh la la! it went fantastic with my skin this time, lasted literally all day! dry down was very soft, makes you want it smell again and again! very feminine and sexy!

oncidium
oncidium

Rosey vanilla that turns to marshmallows by the end of the day on me, great staying power without being overwhelming. Soft, comforting and powdery. The bottle is alittle more subtle than the picture here.

jadetrail51
jadetrail51

This was an interesting blind purchase. Probably wouldn't have bought it, had not Luca Turin rated it 5 stars, and it was worth the risk as it doesn't break the bank. On it's own, it is a nice creamy vanilla rose with decent silage.
However.....The first time I spritzed this on me, I happened to about 4 hrs. into Cartier's Basier Vole I want to tell you that these two together are magical. Actually brought tears to my eyes. This has happened only once with L'heure Bleue. You really have to wear the Cartier fragrance a while before you apply Tocade. Try it you won't believe your nose.

Endymion
Endymion

@ichellimay
Procter&Gamble may have reformulated and dillutaded it again...
As they have slaugthered all the magical Rochas fragrances :(

piscianna34
piscianna34

This among my favorite perfumes. Lalique le Parfum is very similar to Tocade

KateAnette
KateAnette

I never really got what "powdery" meant in a perfume, other than there was some kind of softness to it. When i first tried Tocade... wow, there's powder! And lots of it! I felt like i put on some high class talcum powder. I felt like coughing, not because it bothered my throat, but in the way a lady clears her throat to get attention. At first the powder bothered me, because i never felt anything like that in a perfume. The more i'm getting used to it, the less it bothers me. It gives the perfume a very soft feeling. All i get from Tocade is vanilla and powder. The vanilla is a ladylike one. There's some sweetness to it as well, but just a hint. The more i wear it, the more i like it, but you have to really love vanilla to enjoy this one. I sprayed it on last night, and i still could clearly smell it in the morning, over 12 hours later. Not much sillage with one spray though, stays quite close to the skin. I don't really like linear fragrances, but in this case it's a good thing. What you spray on, is what you get 12 hours later, the powder just slowly wears off. I don't get anything artificial in this fragrance, very natural smelling. This Rochas is very affordable too. I have the one in an all red box, with brownish liquid. Thumbs up :)

Jellybean
Jellybean

Semi-complex strong vanilla amber floral. Lots of patchouli and geranium as well. It softens and warms up over several minutes of wear and dries down to amber-vanilla with soft powdery undertones. Something syntheticy about this one.
Can be worn by young and mature as long as you prefer powerful fumes. 5-6 hours.

Pierina
Pierina

Absolute love at first sniff! this is nineties nightclubs in a bottle!
Rose/sandalwood and sweet vanilla.
Lasted all day!
smells like a soft woolen cardigan.
ZOMG! gawjus!
Thank the gods it lasted most of the day because that bottle is a total clunker =)

Light and airy Vanilla-wonderful-scent. Soft and mild yet intensive in a good way. Fresh and timeless, this one is made for both younger and middleaged women. 1 spray makes it to a great every-day-scent, 3-4 spray bring this to a heavy and sexy partyscent. No sharp or edgy notes. You have to be a vanilla-fan to love Tocade. Tocade is a parfum that smells good for many, many hours, on my skin about 7-8 hours.

Lätt och luftig vanilj-härlig-doft. Mjuk och mild men ändå intensiv när någon står nära på ett bra sätt. Fräsch och tidlös, passar både tjejer och kvinnor. 1 sprejning - den är en härlig dagdoft, 3-4 sprejningar gör denna till en tung,djup och sexig partydoft. Inga skarpa eller tunga doftnoter. Man får nog vara ett vanilj-fan för att älska Tocade, vilket jag är. Sitter otroligt bra på huden, på mig ca 7 - 8 timmar.

scentous
scentous

This one is really a unique, lovely, heavenly, creamy precious gem, timeless as well..i dont get the fresh opening, i directly fall into warm creamy vanilla, not cloying at all, not overpowering, hint of muskiness at the background which gives it a class, longevity is marvellous..

The_Entity
The_Entity

Soon as I tested this one, I had to buy it, even though I had to go shorton money for the week....my kind of fragrance, a sweet, warm vanillary. The kind of frags you either love or hate. Reminds me of a stronger, warmer Narcisse by Chloe

eilismaireg

I recently re bought the version in the all - red bottle, I don't think the juice is any different, still a wonderful sweet vanillic rose/geranium which does start off with a little 'hairspray' note (Iris again?) which takes a bit of getting used to. Wafts of this will follow you around for the rest of the day and as you sit down, you just smell sweet and edible like shortbread. I like it because it's a scent with a journey, that has unexpected moments.

Sizzler

Thank you lily13ana for pointing out the reformulation and difference in boxes! I see what you are saying about the all red boxes. I am retrying this morning and still having a hard time with Tocade, but it is so much fun actually having a bottle and giving it a try. I love to hear all of the different opinions and thoughts. Now I need to figure out if the problem is my neophyte nose or a changed fragrance, either way I appreciate the feedback!

Edit: I'm enjoying more when sprayed on clothing.

lily13ana

I think my bottle is the reformulated, because i read that someone bought an old bottle and that one it has the box identical with what is on fragrantica picture(with yellow design), but mine, and i believe many others boxes are coloured in red, without the yellow design. And i also believe that all these red boxes have bottles with brown liquid. Anyway, this perfume has a beautiful and feminine drydown.

Sizzler

The relationship between the virtual world and the physical world is so fascinating to me, especially regarding my obsession with fragrance. I have been courting Tocade on-line for about 6 months and finally brought this fragrance into my life, in the form of a Valentine's Day gift from my boyfriend.

Completely untested, going on reviews and 5 star ratings, I received the package today. The price was right, the box is a bit beat up, the juice is brown, not golden (lily13ana mentions this same symptom).

Some reviewers have discussed an opening with green and magnolia notes - I wish I was getting that! I am so disappointed, all I get is sweet powder, I am still experiencing the top notes, but so far it is my first official headache in a bottle (Akio I'm hearing you). So Powdery with little else in the opening, makes me think this bottle is old and the fragrance has changed. My sister has an old bottle of Beautiful that has sour notes that have gone off but then changes to the original fragrance.

This is my first experience, so possibly with time, this scent will become a favorite. I do wonder about the age of the bottle in relation to the quality of the perfume. Of course, I did buy a discontinued fragrance.

artsyrn
artsyrn

I can't stop smelling this! So soft and feminine. This is creamy, sensual.just heavenly! Good sillage and staying power to boot.

neferteria
neferteria

Living at quite a distance from a good perfume counter, I often buy scents blind without a trial, but relying on reviews on sites such as this one as well as the A-Z Guide. Such was the case with Tocade. I always have a bit of anxiety as well as expectant anticipation whenever I make that first spray of an untested scent. At the first spray I thought that I had surely made a mistake, but Tocade quickly settled into something quite wonderful. Above all, this is a very womanly fragrance to me, a woman in all her various roles throughout the day. It is warm, comforting, but also intruiging and a bit sassy. It is a quite enveloping scent on me with some sweet aspects, but not a bit loud or cloying. And its complexity keeps it interesting. This will probably be one of my favorites and at an amazing price!

Annelien1987

Heaven. I'm suprised everytime I wear it. Pure heaven.

lily13ana

Yesterday when i received this i tested it and first thing that crossed my mind was to sell it.But after 30 min i couldn't believe how wonderful it smells. It is the most feminine smell i have ever felt. The weird thing is that the liquid is brown and in the pictures was yellow. Is my bottle spoiled or waht?

Edit 12.02: I have also Casmir and they share some similarity, but while Tocade is light, Casmir is very dense and heavy compared to Tocade.

Hi!
OMG, I can't stop sniffing myself, how wonderful scent is this. Today I've received it by swap and Citronella has found to Tocade a loving home and I hope she will enjoy my decants as I at Tocade.
Lovely soft vanilla, as in Kenzo 5:40 at Madagascar, surounded with warm rose, which is not girly nore dusty.
I detect fresia, patchouli (yes, I am patch. lover) and a lot of musk. I would categorize it as soft, happy oriental.
With one word, to me it's divine.
Tiny, tiny shadow of Mystere de Rochas in Tocade, IMO, which is another gem of this house.
One of the few I own a back-up bottle.

Annica

...and 10 points out of 10 goes to...EK! Well written!

EK
EK

You don't recommend it to UGLY women?????????? Huh? That's even worse than the age discriminating reviews we see all the time.

Sharty
Sharty

In 1995 (I was 15 years old) a French teacher wore this perfume. I recognized it, because I had a tester three years earlier... At that age the perfume was way too mature on me, and I didn't like it on me as well as on the teacher. French class was early in the morning and it was such a heavy warm woody vanilla smell that nobodies brain could coop with it.
The teacher however was a very pretty sensual woman in comparison to other teachers and in the afternoon the perfume was a bit better.
Two years ago I received another sample. Still looked the same. And I thought: Oh no, don't like this one...
Opened the tiny bottle and sniffed it. French teacher memory was back, but this time it was age appropriate.
To my surprise when I put it on, the scent really pulls out the femininity and sensuality to the surface. However, I don't recommend this perfume to ugly/non-sexy (sorry) women. It would be a mismatch, it would be too much of a perfume.

Tovah
Tovah

I love Tocade. I have no past associated with it. In fact, I smelled it for the first time when I bought a bottle of it about 10 years ago, for $10.00 at TJMaxx. I fell head-over-heels for it, and I could not believe my luck! I'd worn (out) Tresor throughout most of the '90's, and my first reaction to Tocade was that it made me think of Tresor (original 1990 version)blended with Shalimar. I am a huge fan of the works of Maurice Roucel, and, for me, his signature touch projects from Tocade. Ages before I had access to the names of perfumers, I searched for a certain "something" in my perfumes (for past examples: Krizia K, 24 Faubourg, Musc Ravageur)that I now know is my olfactive response to Roucel's creations. Many have an accord of haunting, deep vanilla that, to my nose, is the essence of feminity in a very womanly way. I've been gifted with bottles of Tocade that are either complete, utter fakes, or long past their prime, and they have a musty quality. The "real" (original) Tocade, which I wound up purchasing a few times before it disappeared from department store shelves, is intoxicating, mysterious, and rich like a liqueur. As a perfume bottle collector, I adore Serge Mansau's playful design.

stephan
stephan

Amour Kenzo is similar to this one, but not as complex.
The top notes are not lovely, but the drydown is perfect.

cristina.rizzi
cristina.rizzi

~This is one of a kind scent.
A good friend of mine bought it years ago and her boyfriend hated it, so she gave it to me.
I wore and the very same guy fell in love with it... she couldn't believe it.
It does change a lot on people, but every time I wore it I got men and women asking me over and over again what it was.
Love it!

geekgoddess

Tocade is my favorite vanilla scent after Habanita. Everything about Tocade suggests (to me anyway) loud music, fruity cocktails, and a good time. Still, it somehow manages not to be trashy.
Even though it is from the nineties, it doesn't seem outdated. Don't be fooled by the hideous bottle.

ingrideco
ingrideco

It smells a bit artificial.
Pure vanilla

edpjunkie
edpjunkie

Ahhh,once again LT is right on the money. I bought this unsniffed and was put off by it at first. It took me a whole year of wearing it on my hand during the day to fully appreciate it.(I find that doing this gives my nose the space it needs to develop a relationship with a fragrance.lol) Well, now, I love it! Give these scents a try, and one day ,like a song that has always played unnoticed in the background, you'll have the moment of "Eureka!I know this song and I like it!"

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

Once again I`m disappoinetd with a blind buy!
Will I ever learn...

The notes sounded oh so right, I mean what can go wrong with vanilla, amber and roses?

Everything apparently.

It smells just like Chopard Casmir, which I hate.
The same plastic smell. But Tocade have this sour and unclean smell to it also, which I guess is the patchouli and some of the flowers?

Why is it so damn hard to find nice vanilla scents?!

Dj_play_manson
Dj_play_manson

A great scent!!

I had a bottle of Tocade years ago and I liked it very much, because the scent is very warm, deep rose but quite a lively one and tons of vanilla without ANY edible candyfloss. It smelled like a mature vanilla and flowers. Nice and not too expensive and also very longlasting on my skin.
Many said it is an intriguing fragrance and I totally agree. You may like it or not according to you tastes, but you cannot avoid noticing the mastery behind.
I still feel attracted by scents that are complex and well nuanced like perfumes before 2000, something that keeps you involved because they smell a little different every moment along their evolution and not like solid bricks with synthetic patchouli and stiff lily with sugar like many modern fragrances.
I liked Tocade then, I would probably appreciate it more now as a good work of perfumery, because it was kind of old school fragrance. I think it would smell outdated and weird to many young noses, but it will always be a wellmade fragrance even now compared to hyped scents.
I cannot find it now where I live. It's not a total love that I would track down around the world, but if I happen to find a discounted bottle in a store maybe I would buy it.

cinsot
cinsot

The jury is still out on this one.

A discordant mustiness lurks in Tocade. Citrus mould?

An otherwise pleasant vanilla scent mixed with a well-meaning bouquet dominated by sweet rose.

On the upside the vessel housing Tocade makes me smile. I liken it to Mr Squiggle's rocket ship.

Comical bottle aside, Tocade presents a challenge. I am curious to see whether I can learn to appreciate it as the sex-bomb it's rumoured to be.

Time will tell.

boruvka44
boruvka44

Nice sweet, dry, a little bit plastic vanilla-cocoa-rose aromatherapy for home wearing. It would deserve EDP version for better lasting power. After couple hours it turns to Vanilla Fields...
The cap is comic.

Annelien1987

YIPPIEEE!! Finally got it. I went to the perfume store to get Shalimar Initial, but then, in the corner of my eye I saw this, the only bottle they had in the whole store. I asked the lady if I could smell Tocade. She gave an explanation of this being discontinued but then on the market again because people wanted it back. I gave it a sniff.. HEAVEN! Just my kind of smell, warm, heavy, sweet vanilla, heavenly rose and lots of other flowers. They only had the large bottle 100ml, normally I never buy large bottles but I bought it and I'm so glad. The bottle is hidious/ugly... but that doesn't matter!

logicmuppet
logicmuppet

My sister gave me this for my birthday last week, and I've been wallowing in it since. When I spray this on, people wandering in ask, "Wow, what smells so pretty?" It makes me want to curl my hair, put on makeup and flirt outrageously with my boyfriend. I can smell vanilla, roses and amber mostly, but taken together, I really have no idea what notes are driving this scent.

Don't let the first spray put you off. The chemicals burn off pretty fast and just leave the sweet, sexy scent. This is what I'd hoped perfumes like "Fantasy" would be!

jtd
jtd

Rose and vanilla together. A classic combo. So how on earth does it come to smell like sweet newspaper and acetone? And who would have thought that would be comfort food for the nose? I adore this.

lhollingdrake
lhollingdrake

Hideous stupid packaging, silly bottle, fabulous fragrance. It makes me happy. It actually has an effect on my mood.

Maeculpa, I agree, one cannot count on Luca Turin alone. Following his advice I blind-bought Arpege. MY review of which is so scathing that Fragrantica has refused to publish it twice. I'll leave it at that or risk erasure...

candymarie
candymarie

For me, it dries down quickly into a rose-vanilla-amber blend that is cool, not warm, and stays that way. I prefer warm, spicy, woody orientals and I'm not enamored of dominant rose notes (which Tocade has) so I am not the audience for this one. I think maybe because I'm used to having my vanilla and amber paired with spices and woods, the rose-vanilla-amber combination in Tocade just doesn't feel harmonious to me.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

Tocade to me is kind of what I expected it to be from the reviews on here. It definitely smells retro to me and sweet but not in the overpowering, slightly sickly way that a lot of more current perfumes are. It smells sweet in a refined and mature way. It smelled a little heavy to me to start out with but, like quite a lot of perfumes, smelled much better once it 'mellowed out' on my skin and got softer. I've only worn a tiny spritz of it on my skin so far so I haven't been able to decipher many of the notes in it yet except for the slightly floral, vanilla'y sweetness. So, I might get back to this review and add more later! I do notice though that it contains magnolia, which I really like, so hopefully I'll be able to detect that more once my nose gets used to the smell of Tocade! Oh, also I have to say that I agree with what several reviewers here have said about the Tocade bottle - it is quite garish!! Well, actually, the bottle itself isn't but the cap really is. I wonder who thought up the idea for such a tacky, cheapo looking cap for what is actually a nice, refined, classy perfume??!

Also, I just read Maeculpa's comment where she says "..I always try a perfume out by wearing it to bed and Tocade gave me nightmares. I woke up twice thinking "something is terribly wrong" and it took me a moment to realise that it was the fumes of tocade choking me! Sweeet and kind of alcoholic at the same time." God, that made me laugh so much!!! I agree that Tocade might be a bit overpowering in some ways at first, certainly compared to light perfumes, aquatics, etc, but I'm not sure it's so heavy that it would cause most people nightmares when they're asleep and a sensation of being choked! Maybe it will for some people though - who knows??! The only perfume that I can recall so far producing negative results after I made the mistake of spritzing some on right before I went to bed was Provocative Woman, and I woke up the following morning with a pounding headache! I actually really like it though when I wear it in the daytime but clearly it was a bad idea to put some on right before bed! So, maybe Tocade and Provocative Woman are just some of the perfumes that are best left for daytime use and not for putting on right before going to bed!

olga1780
olga1780

Tocade is a great oriental vanilla with a gourmand edge to it. It is definitely sweet and warm, but an intense rose note keeps it from being foody or edible and more on the elegant side. It has great sillage, but pretty inoffensive at the same time and easily can be worn during daytime. Its comforting warmth puts a smile on my face every time. The lasting power is above average, just like pretty much anything from Rochas.
The bottle is actually much prettier in person than I expected.

A great daytime winter choice for oriental vanilla lovers!

littlemax
littlemax

The only thing to dislike about this fragrance is the botte. I hate seeing it stand out like a sore thumb on my dresser amongst my other "pretty" ones. LOL But the scent is fabulous. It goes on very strong at first and I've yet to find a way to apply it "lightly" but it doesn't matter because after a few minutes the notes start to arrange themselves and it's not long before I'm getting compliments. In fact, I've never worn it and NOT been complimented. I sampled it in a store one day and loved it and when I went back for it it was gone (it was on clearance). I went hunting at other stores and one woman at a particular perfume counter screwed up her faced when I asked for it and told me it was 2010 and I should get a new scent. She then tried to get me to buy some celebrity brand ... everyone has a unique body chemistry and scents are very personal. What smells good on one person will not always smell good on another!

maeculpa
maeculpa

Normally really cloying perfumes don't bother me so much. I made a mistake with Tocade. I couldn't figure out if I liked it or not, and when a cheap bottle presented itself I naively put my trust in Luca Turin's rave review and got it. I always try a perfume out by wearing it to bed and Tocade gave me nightmares. I woke up twice thinking "something is terribly wrong" and it took me a moment to realise that it was the fumes of tocade choking me! Sweeet and kind of alcoholic at the same time. Thankfully a colleague loves this so I gave it away to her but it is a lesson to me: try before you buy and Luca's approval does not make it a great idea to blind buy (Joy makes me gag too, so it is all a question of taste...)

MizLiz
MizLiz

The bottle is silly. The fragrance is a charmingly simple vanilla-rose-amber. I find it very easy to wear, and it lasts a good long time. Tocade is versatile, and can serve as a comfort scent or a date night scent. Best of all, my bottle cost $14.99 US at TJMaxx! Pretty, comfortable, appealing, and long-lasting, all in one silly bottle! I love a good bargain.

aelias
aelias

Smells just like Chopard Casmir with a rose top note. My opinion - it smells synthetic.

mirisaba
mirisaba

Very unique perfume. Couldn`t stop sniffing my wrist when I first smelled it.
An oriental, sweet perfume with a cool note that makes it quite extraordinary. Does anybody else notice that "chilly" note? Very inventive.

julia hird
julia hird

i think it smells like ''cookies''

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

This EdT is a sweet and powdery floriental scent with a warm vanilla base. It’s slightly floral, but not too much so, with a citrusy, orchid-like rose and what I perceive as ripe plum notes. But mostly it’s an ambery vanilla, the sort of scent that envelops you in a warm blanket and almost hugs you to death.

If this is an EdT, it is amazingly strong and tenacious, and I shudder to think what a stronger concentration would be like. In moderation, Toccade is a lovely, warm scent that is more gourmand-oriental than floral. I like it, and would not hesitate to haul out my sample occasionally and wear it.

jacaranda_la
jacaranda_la

This makes me think of straight up rose flavoured marshmallows. The vanilla happening in this one is a sugary one- not a lot of depth or thickness to the vanilla, but it's alright. The rose is wet and lush, and the overall effect is a strange hybrid where neither overpowers the other.

Hideous bottle, I'm afraid.

LaniC
LaniC

One of my all-time favorites. I hope that this perfume will always be available, because I can't imagine being without it! The opening is a tiny bit brash on my skin, almost cacophonous, with each note struggling for dominance on my skin, but as it dries down, it opens its gorgeous heart and leaves me absolutely smitten. Tocade is as luxuriously sumptuous as vanilla-dipped rose petals, sweet but not overpowering. I adore floriental fragrances, and I am enraptured with a masterfully crafted vanilla scent. When I reach for Tocade, she never fails to lift my heart and send it soaring!

Annica

I think that this is a love-hate perfume. I have a huge bottle and don´t know if I want to swap or sell it. For some strange reason I go back and test, test and test again. Do I like it? Honestly, I don´t know. There is definitely something that appeals to me, but also something that repels me. I feel all fragrance notes, very messy. Can´t identify each note. It's annoying.
Why I bought a big bottle? I wish I could answer.LOL
Update: Swapping it was the right thing to do. Now it has found a better home.

Lovers of Tocade, try Marella Ferrera Ambre Ze!
À wonderful sister!

suile
suile

Of all the, well, it must be hundreds, of fragrances I have owned, this would be the one that has been complimented on by the most people. There is something both comforting and yet different enough about it, the vanilla floral mix plus that bit extra.

MsLuLu
MsLuLu

This has to be one of my absolutely all-time favorite scents. It is simply hypnotic and amazing and the sillage is wonderful. It gets better over time. I had to put some on right now and it instantly puts me in a great mood.

calyx93
calyx93

Strange yet comforting scent. Starts off with the sharp green note of magnolia over the liqueur-like rose - vanilla following shortly thereafter. Those notes mingle for a bit and the vibrating green note (reminds me a bit of the top notes in Dior Dune or Madini Sahara) begins to move further back - which is nice since it almost becomes unbearable - initially increasing then fading to just the right amount. This tension keeps the whole afloat instead of turning into Turkish delight.

By now the rose and vanilla are dancing a waltz - very beautiful, warm and romantic. The vanilla is somewhere between bakery fresh pastry and soft candy - nothing smoky or resinous - but it works beautifully without coming across as foody.

tanith
tanith

Absolutely gorgeous! I think it is and will remain a unique scent.

passionata20
passionata20

When i have applied it today i instantly knew it was a sibling of "Fantasme" by Lapidus, but more wearable. I have them both and compared them and Tocade is very soft, with a creamy-spicy vanilla, while "Fantasme" is more sharp and loud. I also find some resemblance with Gucci "eau de parfum" in a brown box.
I absolutly love this masterpiece and i think this is strictly a cold weather fragrance. Would be amazing on the wind. The rose is so carefully balanced here so it doesn´t become cheap-smelling and one-of-the-hundreds-other-similar-fragrances. Just perfect, it is another big favorite addition to my list! Have tested the EDT version and now planning to try the pure perfume concentration. But the staying power of EDT is quite long, so you won´t be dissapointed! I am definitly stocking few bottles of this for my next winter!!
I also have bought a pure perfume concentration and waiting for it to arrive to test it.

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

To me it smells like moss, musty moss with something rosy, vanilla-ish back, and of course Geranium overpower all declared notes. I would like to smell rose, as I like rose perfumes, but instead, I feel powdery dusty something. All together quite a mixture, definitely complicated, and at least not consist of couple of ingredients,like nowadays perfumes that last couple seconds.
I have this in my collection just for the hell of it, who knows, may be one day it will be so hard to find stuff.
P.S. I also like a bottle.So cozy.

BIG
BIG

Whenever i smell this fragrance, i associate it with freshly sliced quince :)

Aureliev
Aureliev

Un sillage unique et reconnaissable entre mille. Un très beau ambré vanillé avec vraiment une touche de rose.

LaPetite
LaPetite

This reminds me of a tunring pont of my life .
i had this perfume in fall 1995 . I was going to senior high . It was a new school, with new schoolmates, in a new town , i was kind of freaked :-S
And this happy , reasuring , warm perfume was like a kick in my ass on the morning , like ,go ! You can do it ! So it's very special to me .

Lady Love
Lady Love

(Review Edt)

Rose and vanilla are the two main notes, and i feel Tocade smell like a Rose version of Chopard Casmir. It's a boozy liqueur-like rose, and I get a lot of amber in it.

Maybe some people don't pick up on the plastic smell, but on me, this didn't work. Not unique, not pleasant, certainly not worth buying.

AjaBlue
AjaBlue

Gorgeous. Sexy, creamy, ever-so-smokey, powdery-spice scent...and oh, so soft. Mostly to be worn to bed with your beloved.

lilou
lilou

It was one of my first perfumes and it was very pleasant to wear it. I remember it was very amazing, I liked the flower scents and the sweetness. I think I'm going to buy a new one to remember more about it.
june 23rd 2011 : I just got a new bottle and it's such a good idea to purchase the perfumes you loved when you were younger. It reminded me a lot of things. My husband told me he liked it because it smells like violet sweets.

Sissi
Sissi

Tocade it may look simple but it's a complex perfume
to describe it does have an powdery opening mainly due
to the Freesia note, Tocade is sort of a dead ringer to
Chloe's Eau de Parfume with it's spicy freesia opening
but it's less soapier and more of an sweet gourmand
drydown there's a greenish opening which i'm not a
fan of green notes but i love the spicy Geranium scent
adds to the fiery flavor The florals in the middle section is hard to detect drowned out from the dominate
notes of Freesia Amber and Vanilla but if you smell it
a lot closer you can just find a little bit of Rose and
Magnolias, The drying is the dominate part of the fragrance it starts with Amber just an overbearing
sweetness might put you off a bit musk serves the basis nice as if a passive partner strangely enough
i notice a sweet scent of Praline a foody drydown?
is it just me or the perfume because i notice it
but anyway ends with powdery Vanilla.

These are one of the scents that are in the abyss
of deciding is this just a commoner trying to be an sophisticated aristocrat trying to please the masses
or the buyer it's fancy Flacon design tries to impress
but to me it fails the test.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

A bury-your-face-in whoever is wearing this frag.....mmm!!! voluptuous oriental vanilla that dries down to a sexy sugar powder. i had smelled this years ago--late teens-- and admit put off by it. i can certainly apprecaite now that i'm 30. there is a uniqueness to this juice. i hate the taste but LOVE the smell of jordan almonds and tocade reminds me of this only amplified. I agreed with the comparison to boudoir but to me this is much more hanae mori without the strawberry. i'm glad to see this underrated gem is still gracing us us with her divine presence. longevity and sillage are both a 5/5.

weegee
weegee

(refillable edt with the original mid-1990's deep rose-colored juice)

Creamy innocent rose & vanilla with a naughty amber base that makes this somehow exciting and quietly comfortable at the same time. Seems particularly well-suited to a cold & snowy day. Reminds me of the happy comfort of violets, although no violets intrude here, and of vanilla buttercream icing, although Tocade is in no way that kind of sugary sweet.

Tocade is more playful and flirtatious than passionate -- perhaps a red velvet cocktail dress vs. a black velvet gown.

From the box insert:
*"Tocade, a joyously sensual infatuation."
And:
"...a surprising blend of Rose, Vanilla and Amber in a vivacious, mellow, well-rounded composition." I agree!

**I'm guessing there's been a reformulation because I get no green notes or any reference to Emeraude nor any cinnamon, and if there's any patchouli in the juice I'm wearing it's the gentlest I've ever encountered (read: invisible). This is all rose, vanilla and amber to me. Lasts overnight on skin, hair and pillowcase, days on a sweater.

judies6
judies6

This so reminds me of the original Emeraude fragrance. Of course, it is a memory from way, way back; but it is still there. I can see why Luca Turin likes this fragrance since he loved the original Emeraude. It is so "old school" and modern retro in the same genre of Agent Provocateur. Not that they smell similar, but they have the same feeling when you wear it.

EDIT: After reading these reviews and the discription of the scent, I wonder if I was sent a vial of another scent! I may have to ask for a resend on this.

cloyd42
cloyd42

Very pleasant and well integrated but I just don't get passionate. Florals predominate with a cinnamony orris most noticeable. Low sillage, medium lasting power. A good perfume for days that you don't want to discuss what you're wearing.

Aren
Aren

Thanks to a fellow frag member I got to test this one out. Oh boy, such joy in a bottle!
I have never used the word happy to describe a fragrance, but I have to do so now! It is a happy scent, and it makes me happy, too! It feels frizzy and warm, and it is sort of semi-sweet and captivating!

For you ladies that know Marelle Ferrera Ambre Ze and Tocade, the Ambre Ze is a copy of Tocade! I have them both and love them both. Yesterday in the morning I sprayed Tocade and in the afternoon Ambre Ze.
It just felt like putting on Tocade for a 2nd time!
Great!

skitten
skitten

I am a Tocade fan, is just one of those I want more fragrances, have to always have a back up bottle, so as to know that it is ok for me to use it liberally, not that you need to use it liberally, as it is quality in a bottle, full of extreme delights for the senses. When the geranium melts away, but lingers just a bit, it develops a warm musky, cedery, vanillary type of scent that you just want to hug... Tocade is one of my loves..x

chaton2781
chaton2781

I am eternally grateful to Luca Turin, for without his five-star review I would never have had the idea to try Tocade in its 80s bottle. First I was unimpressed - I think it must be the geranium in the top notes. But after about ten minutes, I couldn't stop smelling my wrist. It is exquisite yet disarmingly simple. It is sweet, but not sickeningly sweet. It doesn't radiate a lot, but it is really longlasting.
A tocade means something even weaker than a crush in French. But this isn't a crush - it is true love.

Vanilla violin
Vanilla violin

How lovely! This is the classic Turkish delight I remember from my childhood. Sweet, rose scented, covered in powdered sugar and wrapped in waxed paper. Such a delicious and comforting scent. I am so getting a full bottle!

Juma

I wish to test it since I read reviews!
I read many times that Calyx adore it...But I was afraid that is it something floral with strong notes of iris and magnolia.
Thanks to Action I tested today and I admit that I adore it since first sniff.
Great scent with character with patchuli, vanilla and musk.
I love it, I would give it the highest score.
It is my new Must have a big bottle.

janudy
janudy

I forgot how good Tocade is. It is reminiscent of organza indecence with its vanilla amber base, but I would say this is more cheerful. Is it sexy? Yes, I think so--but as others have noted it's not va-va-va-voom but a more casual sexiness perfect for a girl who lives more in her jeans than little black dresses. This is one of the few perfumes that I have a back-up bottle of b/c it's just so good and an amazing deal.

jazz444
jazz444

Comforting, alluring, and flirtatious--can a perfume embody these three disparate feelings? Yes, and Tocade does so effortlessly.

I agree with ktv0926 (see her review below) in that Tocade opens with a waxy lipstick note. Then a delicious rose-led floral heart melts into the most delicate/deep vanilla that teases for hours.

Tocade's longevity is magnificient; its sillage subtle, making one follow you down a corridor to see just what it is you're wearing.

(Consider wearing it to bed...waking up to this scent on your skin brightens any day.)

nefema
nefema

so velvety , creamy and comfortable ! I adore it ! but I hated the bottle it remindes me something Chinese ...Sophisticated , sexy and I think it is not an every day perfume ..perfect for romantic dates ..I consider !

Calyx
Calyx

Since I can read Spanish, here is a rough translation of luisa margarita's review:

It's a delight... at first the green notes and geranium make the scent jump out and little by little the rose softly in hand with vanilla creates the composition...

One of the most divine and feminine scents I have found in modern perfume. Without a doubt Tocade (at least on the skin) is an ode to womanhood.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

I can certainly see where the genus of L de Lolita came from. Tocade has an orange-vanilla theme and I can smell significant amounts of my favourite flower - Magnolia. As nezzabel mentions below, Mr Roucel's signature is based on a species of Magnolia 'Michelia Longifolia', which perhaps begins to explain my savage perfume crush on the man.

I love this perfume from the first spray to the last lingering drop. I even love the ubiquitous citrus note here. It adds a salty nuance to what would otherwise be an overwhelmingly sweet syrupy 90s powerhouse fragrance.

Having said that though, I don't think Tocade smells old or dated *at all*. Retro, yes. It has the same shameless exuberance common to all 90s perfumes but that is kind of the point. I for one, can do without yet another noughties diet perfume.

Tocade finishes up with a creamed powder of vanilla & bitters. On my skin it is soft and vibrant and pulsing with sensual energy. A true masterpiece with a bizarre rocket shaped place in my heart.

A tart sweet floral, very pretty with a nice snap, dries to a powdery 1980s type fragrance that ages me beyond my years. Something about it makes me think of elderly women in expensive clothes. I'm not there yet.

nezzabel
nezzabel

A beautiful creation of Maurice Roucel, and thanks to the lovely Darlingbuds I discovered this gem!

If you know a little bit of Maurice Roucel work you may find some similarities between Tocade and L de Lolita Lempicka and also Rochas Man in the way he approaches the gourmande notes. Similarities, just his signature mark.

Anyway, the scent itself is a rich gourmande powdery vanilla, blended with a powerful orchid and a musk patchouli combo that gives this scent that sultry vibe, with a strong note of caramel!

This perfume is so delicous... at least for me it's almost edible! And it's so soothing that I made Tocade my bed time fragrance.
For me it's a sweet, rich, sultry and conforting perfume, sexy in a careless lolita way... but most of all, soothing!
There's nothing like Tocade after a nice long late bath... wonderful!

gabyvinki
gabyvinki

Tocade, well it s not for me.. I really wanted to like it because I love velvety vanilla but this sweet cheap vanilla powder gave me a real HEADACHE ! it stays with me forever alas, so I have to wash it down!! If you like a stinking chemical sweet vanilla. Also there s an old musty smell to it and I cannot detect any flowery or green notes at all. But ok that s only my opinion on it..

mandi
mandi

This was a gift from the wonderful Doctormod.

Tocade is a very refined and classy fragrance which has good sillage and excellent staying power.

It may probably be the most powdery fragrance i have tried.

This powdery characteristic is to be distinguished from the " powdery soapiness" that is so common today, instead tocade smells like a powdered, musky rose and fruits.

Interestingly, from the notes it does not seem like a fruity perfume at all but the fruits are certainly there, infact they are very prominent.

But Please do note that this is by no means a fruity tutty light weight, this is a gem that i appreciate more every time i wear.

Miss_Nightingale
Miss_Nightingale

I so cherish that moment of rediscovery, the powerful affirmation of forgotten love, when we randomly select a fragrance we haven't worn for quite a while and fall in love all over again.

Perhaps I wasn't even ready for Tocade, before. Not properly. I liked it, it made me smile and feel warm, surrounded by comforting powdery amber. I was in the first heat of my adoration for Niche perfumes and challenging preconceptions.

Tocade cannont be described as niche or, I think, challenging, and so perhaps I thought it too... easily worn. How pretentious that sounds! But I am all for holding up one's hands an admitting the guilty truth.

Oh, Tocade, now I properly adore you. I admire the quiet sexiness, the peachy vanilla, the clean tinge of magnolia so perfectly balanced with sensuous jasmine and the gentle, welcoming embrace of the white musky depths to which it never quite allows itself to fully sink.

Yes, the bottle is The 80's, but the juice inside doesn't really belong to any age in particular.

I wore this for at work yesterday, and a woman commented on how wonderful someone smelled. "It’s somehow familiar, but quite modern" she said, closing her eyes and inhaling deeply. Of course I hoped it might be me, but the description of "modern" threw me. It WAS me, she confirmed, by smelling my neck. I still don't agree with "modern" exactly, but I also don't think it smells dated in any way.

I find the EDT to be surprisingly long-lasting and a delight to wear all day.

Tocade: a fragrance in its own time.

A love affair reborn!

nyoka
nyoka

beautiful.i sprayed and instantly i was transported to a lovely red,green and white flower bed.the crimson red was geraniums ,huge,full of bloom,the green was bthe leaves,fresh ,reaching up to heaven.the white was glorious jasmine intertwined on trellis at the door of the garden.i sit amist the flowers and savor the smells.slowly,a soft powdery vanilla creeps inunder a massive cedar tree.i am sad to see it go as a kiss of amber bids adieu.

PávelHenry
PávelHenry

Similar to Havana EDP- Aramis... but much more wearable!
Good...

guest_Beverly.J
guest_Beverly.J

dont ever want to be without tocade,I simply cant do without it.its wow!!!!! Let me put it this way. ELEGANT AND SEXY.

ktv0926
ktv0926

Nice vintage fragrance, not modern at all in my opinion. I got an instant image from the end of 80th in my head, as soon as I sprayed Tocade. Reminds me the smell of the old red lipstick a lot!

The first time I smelt Tocade was from the bottle, and let me tell you it was not a pleasant experience. My first impression was that it smelt strong and medicinal, not at all sweet or feminine. Darlingbuds sent me a decant of Tocade a few months ago and it took me this long to be game enough to try it on the skin.

How glad I am that I gave this fragrance a chance. On the skin, Tocade becomes a warm and powdery vanilla, soft and delicate.

I find similarities between this fragrance, Hypnotic Poison by Dior and L'eau par Kenzo eau Indigo, which I love.

Tocade's baby-powdery softness is surprisingly light and clean on the skin. The loud, outrageous bottle design and the dark, richness of the liquid seemed to suggest otherwise. The word pretty actually comes to mind as I smell this wondrous fragrance.

It's difficult to pinpoint any particular notes in Tocade, they all seem to blend together quite well. Obviously the vanilla is the most dominant note, however I guess there are subtle hints of the white florals and patchouli every now and then.

The drydown is lovely; musky woods and creamy vanilla. The sillage is actually very intimate so this is not a fragrance sure to offend anyone. On that point however, I do wish that the scent was that little bit stronger. I wanted to share the scent with the people around me.

CUPCAKEDOLL
CUPCAKEDOLL

This was a great surprise! I´ve never tested this fragrance till the last saturday, when I was shopping with my boyfriend.

Tocade is a soapy perfume, a bit powdery and very very feminine. It´s perfect for fall and winter, day or night. This scent is clean and wearable, but definitely it´s not for me (maybe very strong and serious...)

eilismaireg

This was a surprise. It's such an 80's bottle but the fragrance is actually very modern in its natural, realistic composition. I can distinctly smell geranium, rose and vanilla, which aren't usually friends of mine but this is so pretty and soft I will have to buy it again! It reminds me of a warm mug of milk and some turkish delight- both things that i love!

c3c
c3c

I was expecting to be bowled over by Tocade after the reviews. It's nice, but it's similar in style to Eclix and Neonatura Cocoon in the opening and middle, then it fades to a soft version of itself. Based on what I had read I was expecting something richer, more floral and vanilla and less gourmand. I'm a big fan of gourmand but this is just like too many others. Still a nice fragrance though.

Flowercat
Flowercat

What am I missing?! All I smell is a harsh, chemical conncotion that is making me more nauseous each time I inhale! "Strong" doesn't begin to describe it. Must go scrub!

I didn't realize I was coming down with a stomach virus when I wrote the above! In fairness, now that I sniff it without a flu-induced repulsion, I recognize that Tocade is actually much softer than my first impression, though I still detect that aggressive chemical sweet note that sent me hurling last week! Not for me, but I'll wear Tocade before I ever eat egg salad again!

It is a sibling to Fantasme (Ted Lapidus), this one being more smoky and the Fantasme more fruity. Both are masterpieces.

Rochas' TOCADE is a quirky little perfume with a sassy attitude that reminds me a bit of Guerlain's VOILE D'ETE--against all objective evidence that this should be the case! Perhaps it is simply that TOCADE's amber vanilla core is closer to my memory of VOILE D'ETE than to any other perfume I know.

Anyway, TOCADE is a nonconformist. Opening with unmistakeable geranium, the scent becomes immediately oriental after that. There is an earthy sensuality to TOCADE that recalls to my mind the image of a group of suntanned tatooed Italians with perfect bodies lying on Manuel Antonio beach in Costa Rica. Their skin glistening in the sun with oil and sea water, their hair falling in wet locks around their faces. Living in the moment for the moment.

There is nothing fake about TOCADE--it has no affectations and does not try to be anything more or less than what it is. Unique!

guest_alexanna7
guest_alexanna7

on my top oriental vanilla.wear this since 97.lost it for a while...found it back!so happy!on me smells amber rose vanilla.amazing frag!well done like incense.longevity amazing.not expensive.feminine and sensual.and ho sexy!

rithacha
rithacha

Tocade . . . what an interesting perfume. She's at once: romantic and dreamy, happy and drunk, motherly and nurturing. Tocade isn't a rich syrupy vanilla, but rather a heavy layer of vanilla powder floating over your skin. Sweet, but light; a weightless halo rather than a saturated aura.

The top note of vanilla seems strong at first, but it warms up and rounds out into a mellow tone. The powdery character is also very strong at first, but caramelizes slightly afterward. Tocade reminds me of golden sugar cookies in the oven and of a happy mother's warm embrace. It's the wistful, bubbly, innocent, nurturing, powdery, heavenly epitome of "comfort scent."

Also, the lasting power is above and beyond what a perfume of this price should be. I wore it to sleep and woke up with Tocade in the morning, whereas everything else I own unconditionally disappears after a fitful night of turns and tosses. Outstanding if you like powdery gourmands!

Peaches Lulu
Peaches Lulu

I'd read so many different descriptions I just had to try.
A very pleasant surprise. People kept popping up asking 'who smells so good".
The vanilla turns into caramel, creamy with the floral aspects. Then the rose strolls in adding to the fun.
It just wraps you up in yummy.
I must say, that Rochas has stayed consistant in their fragrances for women. What a relief!

chuaalba
chuaalba

so sweet so vainilla,i like but not for every day.casual wear

Gosh
Gosh

Oh, Tocade and me. It was very difficult relationship at the beginning. First time I met Tocade I didn't like it at all. It was warm summer and all I could smell was vanilla powder. Utterly boring.
I wondered whats the fuss about, and I couldnt ignore so many good reviews, so I decided to keep the decant to try again. Second time, still in summer I applied one spray on the back of my hand. OMG! Within one hour I was literally suffocating with powder. It felt like someone was holding my head in the barrel with powder. I ran to the bathroom and scrubbed it off. I used pumice stone. I scrubbed bit of my skin off along with it, and my hand was bleeding a little. Yeah, that bad..
Stubborn as I am, even that could not scare me off from trying again, but this time I knew I have to wait for cold weather.
I applied only a tiny bit and sniffed very carefully. Hm.. Fresh, clean start with only a hint of powder. Nice jasmine/rose heart with fresh lily of the valley and magnolia.
And finally, creamy powdery vanilla sweet heaven. Yes, the powder is still there, but its not suffocating me anymore. Tocade is hugging me, and assuring me that everything is going to be fine. It stays close, but that only emphasizes the fact, that it is a scent to comfort you and those you keep close.
Tocade really is a masterpiece and it was worth the trouble. Maybe I will get used to the powder and be able to wear it also in summer.
I definitely will have to get more bottles to scent my sheets as well.

liongigi
liongigi

If you like D&G THE ONE, then you will like Tocada. I was blown away by how similar they smell, the dry down of vanilla and powder more staying power than the newer copy I would say. Marshalls had it for cheap. I wish every one would try the both and compare.

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

I find the cozy sweetness of Tocade very pleasant. It is a timeless warm and powdery scent suitable for all occasions. I just wish it was a bit thicker and stronger. I enjoyed my 30ml bottle but it'll probably take me some time before I decide to repurchase.

hollivomitsyou
hollivomitsyou

this one is gorgeous, and so inexpensive. i bought it on a whim for less than 10 dollars because i had heard so many good things about it. the strange shaped bottle appealed to me as well. it definitely stands out in a collection. initially, Tocade reminded me so much of Anglomania that i almost couldn't believe it. of course, even in the opening, it doesn't have the sanitized chemical feeling of Anglomania and it is softer. though i wouldn't call it gourmand, my husband told me that i smelled like candy bars while pretending to eat my arm. he's thoughtful like that. for me the dry down of Tocade is very sweet, powdery and thick. this is one that could be universally appealing, and at the price there is no excuse not to try it.

Sassy1
Sassy1

No frilly flowers or sweet fruit here. Sharp geranium boozy aura followed by powdery vanilla. I can see a Bond girl sitting at the baccharat table in her black evening gown and diamonds. Long cigarette holder with her favorite custom handrolled cuban in hand...then she has to get up from a winning hand, go to the ladies room and apply more Tocade cuz this stuff doesn't last more than a few hours. I must admit, I tried the EDT so maybe the perfume is better.

lillybee
lillybee

I don't understand Tocade. When I tested it first, it was an overwhelming, powdery vanilla. Now it's all about woods, whiffs of talcum powder mixed with an old, musty smell (like old books). Absolute vintage. A friend of mine loves it, I think I'll pass this on to her.

Amanda79
Amanda79

Oh my goodness I love this! Thanks to this site and reading good reviews I knew I had to pick this up. I sprayed this on as soon as I got out of the store and to my surprise I smelled Organza Indecence!!! That's one I've been wanting SO BAD! Talk about a price difference though! Maybe this will tide me over till I feel like dishing out the cash on Organza.

Tocade smells so creamy and delicious! The bottom notes stand out the most. I smell floral but not one flower in particular(maybe orchid) I get touches of spice, mainly a soft cinnamon (not a note) maybe its patchouli and golden amber with a soothing vanilla.. whatever it is its so sensual, feminine and soft.

Malegria
Malegria

Edible and sweet, reminded me of Tempore Donna. Freshly baked Hawaian dinner rolls and vanilla muffins!

tuberose_and _sand
tuberose_and _sand

It is beautiful...and here it is what I think:
1. Staying power: very, very good.
2. Smells like: oriental, mysterious, but not strong, I would say understated. Dark vanilla, a bit of rubber, spices and amber.
2. It is not the kind of perfume that fills the room, it's the perfume that you keep for yourself and for someone who comes really close to you. Very discrete, you can't smell it from miles away.

rosaria
rosaria

Tocade is another classic by Rochas. In my opinion it is a sophisticated and sensual smell.

Some reviews point it doesn't last but to me it seems potent and long lasting.There is a nice combination of notes that include vanilla,amber,musk and flowers.

Tocade is an elegant fragance to wear at night.It's by no means "dated". To me any modern woman can wear it and feel self-confident and sexy.

falovalo
falovalo

It very much reminds me of a quieter version of Agent Provocateur. I definitely get flowers (not sure which ones), patchouli, musk and amber. I'm really enjoying this, which is odd since I'm not a huge patchouli fan. I find it sexy and casual, for day or night.

*edit* I wore this yesterday and my four year old son said "I smell chocolate!" when I walked by. So the vanilla comes through very nicely too!

Mals86
Mals86

Friendly-comfortable-sexy. This is not Sexy In Black Lingerie - this is Sexy in Jeans that Fit and a Pretty Blouse.

It's rare that I call a fragrance sexy, but this one is. It reminds me a good bit of Organza Indecence (with flowers, minus the spice) in its overall effect of being delicious-smelling and touchable.

I don't get much of the green notes and freesia in the top, which is brief. It seems to head for the heart right away, which is fine because it's so darn pretty - mostly rose and magnolia on me, shading into a luscious vanilla with a hint of patchouli and amber underneath. I thought Tocade was pretty long-lasting: 6 hours from putting it on to the last wisps of scent.

How wonderful that this smells great and doesn't cost much! It's rare that beauty and low prices go together.

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

This is definitely a classic - I can see this fragrance being around for many years to come, and worn by women of all ages when they want to feel sexy, confident, warm, and sophisticated.

I must admit I was surprised by the vanilla in this - I expected a sweet vanilla, and this is spicier than I had anticipated. It's a velvet spiced vanilla, but extremely warm and feminine.

I can't detect the individual floral heart notes, but they are lovely with the spicy vanilla. And the dry-down is absolutely to die for...beautiful and long-lasting perfume!

mellybee
mellybee

I never gave a chance to this fragrance as the bottle is so loud, harsh and common and I thought so was the juice. At the first sniff I couldn't believe my nose. It is so gentle, delicate, so feminine, innocent. I was on a hunting for a springtime favourite and I've just found it. This is what I was looking for, the scent of the spring. When the nature wakes up, the air is sharply cold, but fresh, filled with the smell of the first flowers. I don't really can draw a line between the certain phases, it smells fresh flowery from the start-up to the drydown. It doesn't last long but because of the above mentioned reason you can easily reapply it.

luisa margarita
luisa margarita

es una delicia..... al principio las notas verdes con el olor del geranio hace que el humor salte y poquito a poco la rosa suavemente de mano con la vainilla crea en la composicion uno de los olores mas divinos y femeninos que he captado en la perfumeria moderna..... sin duda alguna Tocade (al menos en mi piel), es una oda a las mujeres

guiwings
guiwings

My mother used to wear this everytime we went out. She just wore the perfume until it ran out. It's beautiful

Ayse
Ayse

its not too sweet, which good but its not a perfume that i will buy again. Maybe i need to ask those around me for their opinion.

Nuppu
Nuppu

Feminity in a bottle! Soft, sweet floral that is not shy of itself, Tocade is happy to be in centre of attention, alluring, teasing and sexy, no doubt of it. Lovely.

dina
dina

Lovely fragrance, very powdery ... reminds me of the french elegance.

Giv1952
Giv1952

great great flower perfume. bouquet of flowers on a vanilla base.

solocha
solocha

reminds me of Rochas Femme, but Femme is a bit better.

Scent lover
Scent lover

I am wearing it today for the first time. Yesterday occasionally I found it in the perfume store (it is smth like TK Max in USA) :D It is warm but not too sweet vanilla with some amber tones in it. It is bitter and sweet at the same time! It smells unique to me :) It is cosy and original combination. Loving it.

guest_chol5821
guest_chol5821

Very sexy, confident, sophisticated, and lingers!

klonk
klonk

Dear Vickalena, it is very much possible that you cannot find it in your country (It seems I cannot find lots of great scents in my country either :-(). Just check the links below the fragrance discription! You will sure have luck via Ebay!

I used to wear this as my signature scent when I was about 22 and it still reminds me of that period in my life. But I can imagine women over 50 wearing it as well! It absolutely is timeless, as Rebella already said!
I find it a very warm and different kind of perfume. Would not wear it myself anymore though, I now find it too powdery and powerful. To me it will always be a wonderful 'smell of sweet memories'...

rebella
rebella

An intriguing fragrance. Timeless in that way that I can imagine it on both women in their 20ies as well as older womens 60+ and I am sure a lot of womens in betwen could smell really good with this.

I feel sexy, confident and cozy with this fragrance. It mingle with my personality and more adjust to me than me to the perfume.

It is quite flowery, sweet and cherful... but underneath I can sense something alluring, mystic and hot. I totally understand why this fragrance considered as sexy!

I really recommend this to women in all ages that can put up with sweet fragrances...

It dosen´t change so much, put the base is warm, powdery and longlasting.

liat
liat

Well, it's much more sophisticated than today's fashionable perfumes.
Very sweet and string, too sweet and strong for me. I think Tocade grew a little bit old in the years since it's launch.

afraafra
afraafra

Voted one of the sexiest perfumes on basenotes Community..made by a master perfumer Maurice Roucel, highly recommended!

Tocade by Rochas 3.78 out of 5 based on 648 ratings and 170 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Rochas Tocade fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Rochas Tocade, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tocade by Rochas. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tocade by Rochas represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.