Designers » R S » Floral « Groups

Tocadilly Rochas for women
dislike

ozonic
coconut

Tocadilly, floral perfume, has been available on the market since 1997. It could be said that it represents younger sister of Tocada perfume. They both have same shape of the bottle, created by Serge Mansau. The only difference is that Tocadilly is dressed in blue-green-purple tones. The designer of this perfume is Christopher Sheldrake. In top notes he put refreshing cucumber and intoxicating lilac. The heart is made of coconut, heady aweet floral hyacinth with green nuance, and jasmine. The base is milky powdery and warm wearing scented notes of sandal. It is dedicated to younger woman who does not hesitate to enjoy life.

Lilac Cucumber

Coconut Jasmine Hiacynth

Tocadilly Fragrance Reviews

jenniewebb
jenniewebb

This is fresh and lovely green floral, with lilac leading the way. I don't get great longevity out of Tocadilly (maybe 3 hours), but it is not a niche or high-end perfume. I don't detect any coconut. The bottle is very cute, sort of sixties retro. I think it's a great value 'fume, which for me was a successful blind buy.

jacklin
jacklin

Ufff I would say, NEVER buy this one, smells so bad that you will have to shower again

mcgood
mcgood

It is a beautiful sunny, breezy 73 degree day here and I definitely made the perfect fragrance choice!! Today Tocadilly is giving off a clean laundry vibe!! Lovely!!

lat
lat

This smells like soap. Now! Bear with the rest of the review. This is the creamiest, most luxurious, foamy bar of soap you can possibly imagine. It wraps you up in feeling of utter cleanliness. And as the saying goes, cleanliness i next to godliness.
This scent is pure, white, clean, but warm and intense.
It has great longevity on my skin, maybe because this is "my" type of fragrance.
The lilac here is fresh and dewy, intoxicating, like falling in love in May. The coconut is creamy, not in the slightest foody, wrapping up the lilac in it's exotic embrace.
I can barely smell cucumber but I bet it's the note that gives it the slightly aquatic feel, the freshness of green, spring grass.
Jasmine is also detectable, the more as time progresses giving it the sweetness.

I'm not surprised with the reviews that say it could come across as synthetic. I personally am fine with laundry detergents, I love the scent of fabric softener, of freshly washed laundry being dried in the sun. There's enough depth to it to make sure this is not a soulless creation.
For those, who appreciate clean musks, it could be the best floral out there.

paleface
paleface

When I first tried Tocadilly, it was winter. I got a lot of cucumber and something artificial I couldn't put my finger on. Needless to say, I didn't like it much. Next time in spring I wasn't luckier, did have kind of a same experience. But Tocadilly still seemed to keep my interest. I didn't want to give up.

Today, in early summer, everything was different. A warm day but not hot. I don't know if that was the disparity. Or was it me, hormones etc. Or just my nose. Never going to know. But what I know is that this time the perfume was totally different... ummm, I mean Tocadillly different.

Today the perfume is about sweet lilacs with white flowers playing a minor role. I don't get any cucumber or strange artificial flavors. It is just a beautiful, powdery, very feminine - and honest - juice. It doesn't develop much, it is more like a linear spring-blooming single flower show, as the color, light violet, suggests.

What delights me is the high quality of this perfume. It is really stylish with a romantic touch. A bit different. Sillage is remarkable, but because Tocadilly doesn't shout it doesn't make a statement. It rather talks with a sweet, uplifting tone - but definitely catch the attention. And after long hours (8-10) it is still going strong. So no complaints this time :)

aficionada
aficionada

I made a big mistake when I bought this perfume. Can't detect neither hiacynth nor cucumber. Too my nose it's all about coconut and jasmine: too dense, too sweet, too powdery, and too heady.

antfarm
antfarm

At first spray there is a blast of green herbs which is unusual and somewhat promising. Shortly thereafter coconut and watered-down salty chypre notes clash together into a slightly unpleasant mix that you can barely smell.

PhaedraRose
PhaedraRose

I didn't like this when I first tried it in the 90's- I already had Tocade which had been my signature scent for awhile and I found this one too light and green. I recently purchased it on Amazon as it has become very rare and it was being sold off at a very cheap price- Im glad I gave it another go ! Something in it reminds me of Tocade but it is definitely different, a soft springlike milky floral-the main notes I can detect are hyacinth flowers,lilac and coconut but neither is overpowering the other. I am not a fan of cucumber or green scents,but this is so subtle it works really well. I should imagine that in warmer weather the longevity & sillage will increase on this one as when I breathe on my wrist,the scent intensifies quite a lot.

bruby
bruby

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE at first sight with this one. I bought it from my first salary and I am so sad I cannot find it any more apart from online shops! It is fresh, young and femminine, it soothes me and lifts my mood! One of my few big favourites together with Samsara, Champs-Elysees, Deci-Dela and Kenzo Ca sent beau! Divine!

cateaway
cateaway

I got this one as a gift. I'm not sure I dislike Lilac or Hyacinth in it, possibly Lilac? I like
Coconut and Jasmine. It became too strong (for me) while wearing it in tropical weather, especially a hot day. It was very pleasant for cold weather, as I got a nice compliment one time.

chinna
chinna

OHH noOO!!que pena...Compre este perfume online con los ojos cerrados por los comentarios, siempre pasa lo mismo No hay coco, ni pepino, ni un solo aroma suave y agradable. Mas bien parece algun combustible oreado sobre un tazon de popurri, fuertisimo! Nada de campos de lilas despues de una lluvia, creo que es el perfume que usaba una amiga de mi abuela, muy molesto un olor penetrante dulce y sin ninguna faceta olfativa. Me siento estafada, no vale lo que pague de ninguna manera :( QUE HORROR¡¡¡

stella by starlight
stella by starlight

what a nice perfume. i cant find another word to describe it but happy and vivid. floral, moderately sweet with coconut and cucumber. tocade and tocadilly are two siblings, both great perfumes - almost edible turkish delight like.

seagreen55
seagreen55

This is me....I love the slightly tart but subtle green, fresh, warm, powdery scent that it is on my skin. It lasts all day - can never overdo this one, at least on me. It's not too "prissy" but it's just a pleasant, subtle but long-lasting warm, green scent.

derkargy
derkargy

It's one of the worst perfumes I 've ever bought.Too synthetic,awful silage,shame for the attractive packaging.

passionata20
passionata20

Too synthetic at the opening, very chemical. Later while it lasts it becomes more nicer with a green-citrus-fresh note. Doesn´t last long on my skin. In my opinion has nothing to do with the "Tocade" which i really love but not bad at all. Simply not my taste. The colours of the bottle and packaging give me already a feeling that there is something too synthetic inside and it is indeed acid like. Very strange combination of coconut and cucumber. oh well...

Please do not remove this comment, since others might find it useful. Not every review should be positive, so people like me wanted to make a blind buy might find it very informative. Thanks.

KasiaS
KasiaS

This one is such a nice little treasure! It's adorably fresh due to the cucumber note but not really aquatic nor detergent-like, the LOVELY essential lilac adds some freshness and a hint of sweetness, but not too much, and the coconut is not sweet at all, just gives it some densiness. It's light, happy and youthful but not silly - a perfect perfume for a young lady.
It seems to me a bit like Acqua di Gio for women save the ocean and sweet pea notes.
In the beginning it may seem a bit harsh, at this stage it smells exactly like a bar of lilac soap, but give it some time and it will grow nicely on your skin - ergo, it's a good quality perfume, too. And it sticks, leaving faint but BEAUTIFUL drydown notes on your skin even a day or two after.
I'm so happy that I've found it, I was eager to, as I couldn't forget this cute circus-bohemian colourful package that had cought my attention back in the days you could find it in stores. It's discontinued, sadly, especially now when they are going to discontinue Acqua di Gio, so we'll have nothing instead, either :(

edit: I've found some more note listings on basenotes:
cucumber, lilac, coconut, glycine, gardenia, jasmine, rose, vetiver, sandalwood and white musk
or
Cucumber, Lilac, Hyacinth,Pear, Jasmine, Tiare, Wisteria, Mallow, Mimosa, Mandarin Glycerine,Heliotrope Coconut, Sandalwood, Musk, Amber

guest_tia
guest_tia

ohhhhhh i m crzy for tocadlly, tocadlly is like magical effects for my mood, i cant use any other perfume

amelie
amelie

Wow, this is a good, optimistic and cheerful fragrance that will lift your mood at the moment. Coconut is very genuine in this composition, it's not ordinary like body milk for sunbathing. No sweetness, it's more bitter, excellent mix of unusual flavors & well balanced sweetness. I loved it.

guest_athenahelen
guest_athenahelen

I like this scent very much. It is not headache-inducing even if I over-sprayed. Fresh smelling floral. Would try to get more bottles of Tocadilly before it's all sold out.

Leesee
Leesee

Picture this fantasy scenario: The 1960s television comedy, "The Patty Duke Show." The serious cousin, Cathy, wears the demurely pretty Tocade, while the sassy cousin, Patty, bops around the house in frothy, flirty Tocadilly. Two of a kind? Check. Yet somehow completely different? Check. Both scents equally appealing? Check and check!

crysna
crysna

i want this, makes me feel happy and shiny, a lovely green fragrance by Rochas.

glitteralex
glitteralex

Contrary to the lack of rose and vanilla in the official notes, this is definitely the daughter of Tocade. Yes, the top notes are fresher, but not fruity or juvenile. The rose vanilla (particularly the vanilla) drydown that so defines Tocade is still there, but lighter.

A very nice scent.

Hecate
Hecate

I wanted this bottle because of its appearance mostly, i love the cute and colorful bottle. Also the atomiser is very good. The fragrance is a sweet summer fragrance, but it is different than the generic fruity perfumes that are made recent years. It smells very much like lilac with a bit of coconut.

Tocadilly by Rochas 3.72 out of 5 based on 115 ratings and 23 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Rochas Tocadilly fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Rochas Tocadilly, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tocadilly by Rochas. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tocadilly by Rochas represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.