Designers » R S » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Bambou Roger & Gallet for women

Bambou Roger & Gallet for women
dislike

Bambou Roger & Gallet for women Pictures Bambou Roger & Gallet for women Pictures Bambou Roger & Gallet for women Pictures

Bambou by Roger & Gallet is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for women. Bambou was launched in 2007. Top notes are grapefruit, mandarin orange, orange and bergamot; middle notes are fig leaf, bamboo leaf and nasturcia; base notes are cedar, musk and vetiver.

Grapefruit Mandarin Orange Orange Bergamot

Fig Leaf Bamboo Leaf Nasturcia

Cedar Musk Vetiver

Paul Smith Men
Azzaro pour Homme

Bambou Fragrance Reviews

I can't say I know what a bambou note would smell like, but I don't smell anything different here. There's citrus, wood, a touch of vetiver, etc., but it's not nearly as sharp as most "masculines" of this type, thankfully. And it lasts well with at least good projection! This is very nice for the price, with apparently decent quality ingredients, but it's not the kind of scent I reach for often, due to personal preference.

Second wearing: I'm getting something that I think it the bambou, but it doesn't last long. I enjoyed it more this time, with a vetiver note that is just right for my preferences and citrus that is not harsh. The projection is fine, though not especially strong, and the longevity is excellent.

Fhaldara
Fhaldara

I really like this, although I think the name is a bit misleading. The bamboo is definitely there, but is not prominent. It's a lovely citrus fragrance with a zesty opening and a light woody/musky finish. I don't get much sillage, but the longevity is really good for this type of fragrance.

ChrisInBrooklyn
ChrisInBrooklyn

Fresh, green, citrusy and just a hint of sweetness. Definitely unisex and perfect for summer. It is light and stays close to the skin, but doesn't immediately disappear either... There is a sour/sweet zing that I can't quite identify that adds a bit of depth and keeps it from being overly smooth or boring. It was a blind buy, and overall I'm pleased, but not in love. 3.5 of 5 stars.

Roger & Gallet's Bambou is a citrusy and watery bamboo scent, that acts almost like a refreshing body mist during Summer.

The bamboo note in this fragrance smells very green and wet, further complimented by sour grapefruit, orange and tarty fig. Seeing that there's nothing overtly feminine about Bambou, I would classify this fragrance as unisex.

Unfortunately the bamboo note in this fragrance is not as strong as I would have liked it to be. The grapefruit, fig leaf and vetiver notes tend to smother the unique bamboo accord, and as a result, Bambou smells like a typical citrus cologne on the skin.

Like most Roger & Gallet scents, Bambou is sold as a 'gentle fragrant water' spray. The projection may indeed be on the weak side, however the longevity is not bad. It could work well as an all-over body spray.

If you're looking for a realistic bamboo scent, I would say skip this fragrance and try Demeter's Bamboo. However if light and refreshing is what you're after, then Bambou should do the trick. It's the kind of fragrance I would wear during extreme weather, particularly if I were to venture anywhere humid.

amelie
amelie

Very genuine bambou, although a bit too sour on my skin, but quite long lasting and fairly unisex IMO. Could appeal to many when it gets humid outside, crisp and invigorating.

perilandia
perilandia

La siento un poco masculina en mi, no percibo los cítricos.
Prefiero The vert que es deliciosa!!
Yo también la catalogarïa dentro de las fragancias unsex.

Nogitsune07
Nogitsune07

This was my first blind-buy, based off these lovely reviews on fragrantica, and I have to say, I'm so pleased with my new fragrance!

It's nothing like any other fragrance I have in my wardrobe. It is clean, fresh, and just gives me a feeling of wholesomeness every time I spray it on. It is definitely a good buy. The initial spritz is surprisingly sharp (almost like an aftershave), but it isn't enough to make me call this one masculine. After about 10 minutes, the cologne smell tempers down into a calmer, leafier smell. It really does feel like you're in a Chinese bamboo forest as the rain falls, and the smell of wet foliage begins to rise.

It's really great for when you need freshening up, or when you're feeling meditative. Wonderful fragrace, and I'm so glad I bought it. It's marked as being a woman's fragrance, but this one feels like it could easily be unisex, IMO. Thanks fellow reviewers for introducing me to this one!

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

At first, it appeared so masculine on me, I couldn't believe it! A cedar citrusy blend, very prominent bergamot scent, and ...Bambou of course! Makes me very alert and ready for action))
It is good, but makes me think that I accidentally used one of by brother's colognes. But this is only my initial impression: after it settles down, it becomes more unisex.
It is quite exotic and I imagine wearing it on warm summer days.

sky76sky
sky76sky

Very, very soft - a chiffon scarf, a whisper of a scent on a balmy breeze. Clean & fresh as line-dried, white cotton. It is the silent, swaying, sighing outdoors...relaxed yet alert, & very natural.

Truly unisex. The barely-there citrus notes make it crisp without being tart, the gentle warm cedar & orange slowly sink in echoing your own body warmth & subtle sweetness. The bamboo leaves give it a mouth-watering, pale green zing.

You're not going to rock out to this scent - it doesn't make a statement, it isn't sexy, cute, flirty, bossy, it just (deep breath in, & out).....IS.

It's like a cucumber sandwich - a palate cleanser. Great to wear if you need to centre your thoughts, for work or to relax - it won't bother your mind or anyone's nose. I'd imagine it'd work if you were ill or nauseous, when your nose rejects your favourite scents.

nezzabel
nezzabel

Imagine you, dressed in white, in the rain, surrounded by bamboo leafs... for a moment you are in a chinese forest, breathing the air of that exotic nature. This is the feeling I get from this fragrance.
In my opinion this is an unisex fragrance.
Gentle, clean, fresh and bright scent, yet exotic and daring!

Bambou by Roger & Gallet 3.68 out of 5 based on 33 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Roger & Gallet Bambou fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Roger & Gallet Bambou, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Bambou by Roger & Gallet. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Bambou by Roger & Gallet represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.