Designers » R S » Floral « Groups

Blue Carnation Roger & Gallet for women

Blue Carnation Roger & Gallet for women
dislike

Blue Carnation Roger & Gallet for women Pictures Blue Carnation Roger & Gallet for women Pictures

Blue Carnation, launched in 1937, is a scent of carnation spiced with aniseed, clove, vanilla and pepper.

Carnation Anise Clove Vanilla Pepper

Gvozdika

Blue Carnation Fragrance Reviews

Jennypennypocket
Jennypennypocket

My review is for the representation go Blue Carnation made by scentmatchers.com...

This perfume, is discontinued and so I tried, and failed, at buying any vintage bottles of this on eBay. (I am a last-second bidder and NEVER enter a bidding war until it is too late for anybody else to bid.)

So I decided to buy a representation by scentmatchers.com. The 3.5 oz eau de Perfume, with the additional 1oz travel spray and big bottle of lotion took about two weeks.

Their representation smells similar to the reformulation of Soir de Paris (Evening in Paris).

It smells like Pink bubblegum and cloves and the scent doesn't seem to change with time, but it sure has good longevity!

I hope they do better with their representation of Spring Rain by Crabtree & Evelyn, which I impulsively purchased before realized that I do NOT like their version of Blue Carnation.

brandiwine1980
brandiwine1980

I wish this wasn't discontinued and so dang expensive to get a bottle. My great aunt told me this is what she wore back in the day. She is a very energetic and outspoken lady so I would love to see if this scent matches her loud personality plus it sounds interesting.

Gjilchrist
Gjilchrist

I just received the "dry perfume" version of Oeillet Bleu from an Ebay purveyor. I know it's the wrong flower, but it smells to me like Choward's Violet Mints (which, by the way, I adore). Not bad, and I'll wear it, but chalky and candyish, which is to say sweet, powdery, and distinctly old-fashioned.

freshscents
freshscents

Not only did I love it, people (mostly males, yay!) would sidle up to me and sniff, sigh and roll their eyes. Without exception, men responded very well to me when I wore it. I was devastated when I could no longer find it. :/ I wore carnation oil for a couple of years after that, but it's just not the same as Blue Carnation.

Wichapi
Wichapi

Blue Carnation by Roger et Gallet (premier 1937; discontinued 1976)
carnation spiced with clove, bay, aniseed, vanilla, and pepper

The story: So I walked into the Alpha Psi Omega meeting, ready to talk about candidates for future membership in our fraternal-but-mixed-gender chapter of drama deviants, rogues, and radicals (so regarded by most of the “Greek” communities on university campuses)… And WHAM!!! I was knocked out by the insane sillage of something that I recognized as **completely** carnation. No no no no, not your pale hot-house variety of carnation, but vivid red miniature blossoms known as “Red Hots”, also known as cinnamon imperials. However, this particular carnation was ferociously charged with clove and spicy bay. It was a perfume being worn by a rather formidable woman, who was also the President of our Frat. And just to assure me that I wasn’t about to be eaten alive while being held in olfactory rapture, the slightest hint… almost a smirk… of vanilla bean laid a gentle hand on my head and brought me back with “Holy sh*t, Robbie! What the f**k are you wearing????” Iron Woman transformed from austere to glowing with the sweetest smile I have ever seen her emit, reached into her bag, brought out a small travel-bottle of Oeillet Bleu (Blue Carnation), and gave it to me. In that moment, a perfume had melted away any icy barriers that may have existed. And I have loved Blue Carnation and the memory of a friend that it carries with each and every wearing. It is perhaps because of the means of discovery and its associations that, for me, there can be no alternative to Oeillet Bleu, though many perfumers have tried.

SuperPookie
SuperPookie

This is by far the best Carnation perfume. There is a very brief blast of alcohol when first applied ( this is most likely from age) & then it settled down to a rich,spicy,delight. It's the closest to a true Carnation scent that I have found with just the right amount of spices added. I saved up to get a full (albeit small)bottle & it's worth every penny.

Blue Carnation by Roger & Gallet 4.81 out of 5 based on 26 ratings and 6 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Roger & Gallet Blue Carnation fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Roger & Gallet Blue Carnation, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Blue Carnation by Roger & Gallet. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Blue Carnation by Roger & Gallet represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.