Designers » R S » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Cedrat Roger & Gallet for women

Cedrat Roger & Gallet for women
dislike

Cedrat Roger & Gallet for women Pictures Cedrat Roger & Gallet for women Pictures Cedrat Roger & Gallet for women Pictures Cedrat Roger & Gallet for women Pictures Cedrat Roger & Gallet for women Pictures

Cedrat by Roger & Gallet is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for women. Cedrat was launched in 2007. Top notes are mint, grapefruit, citron and watermelon; middle notes are basil, cardamom and sea notes; base notes are musk, vetiver, cedar and white amber.

Mint Grapefruit Citron Watermelon

CK One

Cedrat Fragrance Reviews

sophywt
sophywt

hope this is not so off topic.

I bought the soap from this line before, and love it so much. The smell is fresh but not sharp, and I think it doesn't smell that typical lemony/citrusy, its base has a creamy woody feel. In a way, it reminds me of Fresh's Citron de Vigne soap - I bought some sample of the scent, but didn't love it much I did of the soap.

Mizurin
Mizurin

I am sorry for those who love this fragrance, but to me it smells like a duty free shop in the airport...

dsty
dsty

Citron is one of my favourite notes, so when I first smelled this Cédrat in a pharmacy I bought it on a whim, thinking it might be a budget alternative to Atelier Cologe's pricier Cédrat Enivrant, which has been on my wish list for a while.
And I do like this one as well, but as it turns out, the both of them really aren't that much alike: their vibes are pretty different, although they're both unisex citrus scents with an aromatic streak, and of course both very natural smelling (Atelier Cologne and Roger & Gallet both seem to specialise in that!).
Cédrat Enivrant is a pure citrus scent, very bright; it has aromatic/herbal support notes to make the composition more interesting, but it's really all about the citron. Roger & Gallet's Cédrat on the other hand is much less bright and not as focused on the citrus. The woody and aquatic notes really share the center stage with the citron, and the aromatic/slightly spicy aspects are rather prominent as well. All in all it makes for a more restrained and slightly more masculine-leaning scent that I like, but don't love.

So Roger & Gallet's Cédrat is definitely great quality for its price, and I'll enjoy it in its own right, but Cédrat Enivrant remains on my want list; if anything it's gained in priority after this failed attempt to find an alternative.

Citrusss
Citrusss

Very fresh, not citric enough for my taste. It smells a bit much like CK-One to me, which is quite dated, but this is superior citrus-wise.

I am almost giving up on my quest to find a cologne that smells like the actual fruit (Cedrat/Etrog/Citron). I wish I could spray myself with that very smell.

theuntrainednose
theuntrainednose

Tested on a paper strip only. To be tested over skin when possible.

As it has been always the case with every R&G frangrance I tried: very natural-smelling.

A bitter citric fragrance with an undertone of subtle woods. Reminded me of the Bois d'Orange oil, but with cedrat/cidrao peel instead of orange peel, so with a different, bitterer (not as bitter as grapefruit) and slightly saltier aroma.

Starts stronger and sharper, but after 30 minutes almost disappears, turning into a very subtle veil of fragrance, where I could smell something powdery but not as baby powder, more like a cozy something surrounding you, which I cannot identify as a note.

Very nice and I wish to try it on skin to see how it behaves on me.

Asphodel
Asphodel

The notes are appealing but sadly it smells to manly for me!
To me it smells like vetiver and somekind of watery smell, i really don't like it much.

E99
E99

I love this, it's my favorite fragrance! What I love are the topnotes, they have this crisp, refreshing, feeling, while still being sweet. Too bad it doesn't have much sillage, because when a fragrance smells this well, I want to share it with the whole world.

violeta67
violeta67

I like the way it lingers on my skin. Beautifull citrus scent that makes feel happy!!

clover.chen
clover.chen

judging by the main accords, it sounds like something i would enjoy. but though it is citrus and fresh, i find it smelling like a typical men's aftershave. quite boring and doesnt have as well of a staying power as a few other roger and gallet fragrant waters.

evacecilias
evacecilias

This is actually a perfumed water as it says on the box. I would say more like an edT than water to me.
It starts real lemony at the beginning so I am surprized that not lemon is listed but it must be the mint and grapefruit mix I sense.
This start is most grape at first and then the mint takes over quite nicely....
The cardamon and basil is making it a nice and warm scent as someone of the earlier reviewers also thought. I would not say gourmand but very warm cosy, just a hint of sweetnes, making all the notes go well together.
sometimes the citruses and fresh summer fragrances go a little metallic and cold. Not this - this is cosy, yummy with the right amount of spice making it worth
adding to your collection, anyway.
I would never have got hold of this if it wasn´t for
that great swap with sumukorentu - Thanks again!
and thanks for that great review of yours making me yearn for this...- sky76sky!

amelie
amelie

Warm citrus scent, longlasting and a bit gourmet. ..actually lasts a bit longer than you would expect . Reminded me of Escale a Portofino, but just for a minute, it is spicy indeed, lemonish spicy. This is definitely not a cold citrus scent, not even sweet and quite unusual to me. Has a classy touch, yet so simple.
I love to wear Roger & Gallet in summer!

andrevarx
andrevarx

Input Notes citrus fresh and very dominating bergamot, middle notes of wood with bergamot, vetiver base notes of soft.

It's a very clean scent, does not impress anyone, but it gives an air of neatness and cleanliness impressive. I think it is unisex, its woody note is powerful enough to be unisex. Nice and recommended for warm weather.

lizzykay
lizzykay

Hmmmm... lemony fresh at first and then, not a lot really. Quite bland and rather masculine. I don't get any woods or spice. The masculine character is just in the sharpness and lack of any offsetting sweetness.

missan
missan

very nice natural lemony smell, very soft musk/vetiver in the base. I find it rather unisex than explicitely female, Very nice.
Far too much chemicals though.

guest_roxy
guest_roxy

luv the smell of freshness

sky76sky
sky76sky

It's summer, it's a sweltering hot day & you want a light refreshing citrus scent that uplifts & cools without leaving you smelling like a lemon cleaning product or like you've been raiding your man's aftershave? Not keen on heavily herbal & mossy citrus classic blends like O de Lancome & Eau de Rochas? Can't deal with the sugary sherbet-lemon newbie perfumes? Then this is something you have to try.

Unlike many citrus-scents Cedrat is not 'thin' or 'high' or linear & it really delivers on the dry-down which is hard for rather pure aromatic-citrus fragrances.

It starts with a lot of warm lemon peel & a squeeze of grapefruit. The mint is refreshing, not stripping, when combined with the cedar. It is just bitter enough to remain classy & softly sweet enough to establish it as feminine, not unisex.

These top-notes last a suprisingly long time & gradually meld into the heart of the fragrance. This is what tames the herbs - basil & cardamom could so easily take over & stifle the perfume, but instead they add just the right amount of green & aromatic spice.

All the while the basenotes are developing as they warm on the skin. The vetiver is very well under control & allows the light amber-musk to glow whilst the citrus-cedar shines through.

What I enjoy most is the wonderfully creamy depth & delicious dry-down. I did not expect that kind of development from a Roger & Gallet scent, nor did I expect it to have lasting power worthy of some citrus edps.

It is a wonderfully versatile scent - great for day-wear, strong enough for a summer evening out & when layered it tempers sweeter fruity concoctions.

I have friends who dislike lemony citrus scents who love this one. I normally enjoy scents that are distinct, deeply warm & spicy with BIG voices. But a spicy, heavy scent can be sickening in the heat whilst Cedrat keeps her cool.

Cedrat is unassuming...she is summer nature: the blonde-haired woman who may be a tough lawyer but today she is unselfconsciously dancing bare-foot & carefree under the lemon trees in the Calabrian sun.

imgcas
imgcas

Cedrat or Cidra is a fruit similar to a lemon but with a thick, spongy and sweet yellow peel (the part which can be eaten).
Soft and fresh, this scent is mainly citrus but it isn't tart nor sharp as many other citrus scents (L'Occitane Verveine, which I love, is one of them).
It is smooth, even creamy, with a woody base.
If I had to pick only one Roger Gallet fragance, it would be Cedrat.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Roger & Gallet Cedrat fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Roger & Gallet Cedrat, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cedrat by Roger & Gallet. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cedrat by Roger & Gallet represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.