Designers » R S » « Groups

Eau de Gingembre Roger & Gallet for women and men

Eau de Gingembre Roger & Gallet for women and men
dislike

Eau de Gingembre Roger & Gallet for women and men Pictures Eau de Gingembre Roger & Gallet for women and men Pictures Eau de Gingembre Roger & Gallet for women and men Pictures Eau de Gingembre Roger & Gallet for women and men Pictures

Eau de Gingembre by Roger & Gallet is a fragrance for women and men. Eau de Gingembre was launched in 2003. Top notes are ginger flower, neroli and bergamot; middle notes are ambrette (musk mallow) and ginger; base notes are benzoin and musk.

Ginger flower Neroli Bergamot

Ambrette (Musk Mallow) Ginger

Benzoin Musk

Esprit de Gingembre Pour Femme

Eau de Gingembre Fragrance Reviews

Catty
Catty

This Review is for "Gengibre eau parfumee" - This is my "daily eau de cologne". When I don´t want to use a real perfume, just something pleasant, fresh and equally important "Long Lasting" I use Gengibre eau parfumee.

Eau parfumee is lighter than eau de gengibre, but very Long Lasting for an eau de cologne (4 hours easily upon my Skin). I also think that eau de gengibre is too spicy for m taste, being for me very male. It remembers me the Monsieur Rochas or any vintage make perfume.

Eau parfumee is much more feminine, you just receive a very gentle splash of spicies in the middle of a citrus fresh shower...really sublime and very refined.

MMC
MMC

Muito boa fragrancia,uma surpresa.Sempre penso nas fragrancia da marca como muito masculinas ou sem relevancia.Mas a combinação gengibre madeiras finas e musk deram muito certo e até um requinte.Final bem confortavél um delicioso musk lembra couture moschino. Recomendo para dias quentes.Boa fixação na minha pele.

AlleeSaysSo
AlleeSaysSo

Does anyone know if this was re-formulated when it was re-packaged? *fingers crossed that it was not bc I love the original* I'm not a fan of the new packaging but it just occurred to me that I could decant a new bottle into my old bottle once I've finished it.

viridian
viridian

I've sampled most of R&Gs scents - this one is my favourite. It's a very fresh start and gets warmer and spicier with the dry down. One thing I did notice with Gingembre compared with the rest of the line is that the body products have a slightly different scent than the cologne. The soap, shower gel, and lotion have a woody, soapier scent. The cologne more of a sparkling citrus and ginger. Definitely unisex and something one can wear year round. Lovely purple lid and label on the older style bottles!

amberseaside
amberseaside

Was given a 30ml bottle as a gift - so pleased I did not waste my money. Faintly ginger/lemon tones which had vanished within 15 minutes after liberal application. Not even remotely like Origins or any other gingery scent. One of my most disapointing scents of late!

Eau de Gingembre by Roger & Gallet is a surprisingly fresh ginger scent, perhaps not as spicy as I expected it to be. The matching soap coffret smells quite potent, whereas the fragrance itself is softer and in my opinion, much more pleasant.

I usually prefer the scent of ginger in masculine fragrances, however I think the ginger works well in this unisex offering. Eau de Gingembre wears more like a cologne splash rather than an eau de toilette. The projection is not all that strong, and additionally I find the citrusy bergamot more prominent than the ginger.

Eau de Gingembre would make a good go-to scent for Spring and Summer. Roger & Gallet have matching beauty products for almost all their scents, so to have Eau de Gingembre as a signature scent could open up many layering options.

I do enjoy this scent, don't get me wrong, but I find its poor longevity and subtlety a little annoying. If I had it in my collection, I'm not sure whether I'd reach for it or not.

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

Just got it at the drugstore. Not a complex fragrance. You want ginger, you got it. The other notes aren't there to compete with it.

As much as I like being surrounded by a cloud of vanilla and patchouli, this will be handy for when I want to keep things fresh and simple. I like it.

Edit: I applied it yesterday some time between 8 and 9 pm and woke up today still smelling it, which is a pleasant surprise because I didn't expect longevity from this fragrance.

powdermonkey
powdermonkey

I just bought this and love it - has used Origins Ginger perfume for years. In my opinion, Origins is far more gingery, whereas R&G is more citrussy - but still a very lovely scent.

Alexandre
Alexandre

Certainly the best perfume with ginger. It combined well with orange blossom. It's very chic, great for any occasion. It's a shame that there is no Edt and Edp versions.

andrevarx
andrevarx

A simple and fresh fragrances. Input notes of ginger and bergamot, middle notes seems a touch of Bulgarian rose, base notes of ginger.

Actually feel more like a middle notes that as a feminine fragrance unisex fragrance. It's pretty cool, lasting for concentration, and pleasant, does not impress anyone, and base notes is quiet, a soft ginger, not as powerful as those of Armani Code vesiones Sport Sport and Sport for Men Burrberry.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Ginger and bergamot straight up to open, very fresh and airy. As the fragrance develops, I get a hint of sweetness that stops this from becoming too sharp.

As it lingers a little longer, it becomes more lucid, almost aquatic, hinting toward ozonic. Fleetingly refreshing--could be good layered with lotion or another fragrance to give it some tenacity if needed.

Carestinus
Carestinus

I love ginger and I hardly detect it in fragrances. In this case it's of course very noticeable and its strong ginger note fades away in some minutes leaving a nice trail. I can't complain about longevity though since this is the idea I have of splashes... you don't wear them for a long time but just enjoy the magic moment some of them create (well, to me most splashes are sinthetic and boring and...). This is a great summer splash meant to refresh and give that extra pizzazz I look for in fragrances. Not the sweet cloying ginger but a very spicy and categorical one instead.

Budaqueen
Budaqueen

I was desperately looking for a cologne for the summer... everything was too light, too expensive, no staying power, not fresh enough etc... then I remembered I had smelled this little beauty on my last trip to France. Back there for a few days last week, I went on a mission to find the 50 ml bottle. I found it, bought it, and I am so pleased! This is beautiful, has a great staying power for an eau parfumee. I would place this fragrance right between "Tartine et Chocolat" which is gorgeous but very light, with little staying power, and Lacoste pour femme, which is more peperry. I get the citrus, complemented by the spiciness of the ginger, resting on a bed of wood.
I am a Chanel afficionado, but I think Roget et Gallet deserves a lot of credit for the fragrances, and I will no doubt buy more: Cedrat was a close contender to Gingembre, so I might buy it as well, and eau d'orange dry oil is very likely to become a fixture in my bathroom.
What a nice suprise!

It smells similar to Asprey Purple Water which is also unisex, but this Gingembre is more floral and softer and I find it even easier to wear. I get mildly spiced ginger with fresh but subtle bergamot. Then I also get lavender and some rosey floral accord. It's such a comfy scent which gets a bit of musky amber at the end. It's relaxing and no mean to be loud and proud. It can be worn all year round. For this kind of scent, it stays close to skin and just lingers for a short while (3 hrs max). Great price too. It's a nice addition to my collection.

marcela86
marcela86

Really unisex this smell just like amber and ginger after you spray it. In time becomes more flowery minute after minute.I like it, it's simple and fresh, without being boring!

guest_Yvonne
guest_Yvonne

I think it's a PERFECT mix. I am addicted to use it and in my dry skin it lasts for the whole day!, I recomend it if you want to feel fresh and at the same time strong with this very special smell!

My "sample" of Roger & Gallet GINGEMBRE came in the form of a pochette rafraichissante, so since I was feeling hot and sticky after another 95F day, this seemed an opportune time to try it out.

Refreshing indeed, the little GINGEMBRE towelette really did cool me off and gently scented me with citrusy ginger. However, a big part of the cooling effect appears to have derived from the alcohol, and I have to agree that there is an antiseptic quality here vaguely reminiscent of isopropyl alcohol, in particular.

That said, GINGEMBRE seems fine as a body spray and does leaves a light aura of citrus-ginger fragrance behind--for a short time.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I get ginger and lemongrass. This would smell much better to me if it had been shaken vigorously with a healthy serving of vodka and poured gently into a sugar-rimmed martini glass. But on skin...it smells slightly antisceptic to me.

anaaranha
anaaranha

This one is really special to me. I like all the way this fragrance develops and I keep smelling my skin and feeling happy! I enjoy this one so much! Among all the great perfumes that I have, Gingembre will always be my very favourite. It lasts long on my skin, but I have to be very generous in the amount that I use. It reminds me happy moments of my childhood and everu time that I use it, someone will love it and ask me what is that great smell that I am wearing.

juliane
juliane

smells like a dewy indian garden in the morning to me. spicy, fresh and at the same time warm ginger with woods which stays close to the skin! someway very sexy.
doesn't last too long, but for a edc it's perfect. the drydown smells a bit musky to me, does anyone else has the same impression?

1blondeangel
1blondeangel

Subtle ginger scent with a nice zesty citrus. No complexity here. Easy breezy ginger-citrus. This is a great everyday choice. I wish the scent stayed a while longer but it disappeared within a couple hours. Too bad as I really like the fragrance.

hapa
hapa

This is a nice light fragrance that is different from anything I have smelled. I received it as a gift and this is not something I would seek out but when this bottle is gone, I will have to source some.

It has some soft woods that I am unable to identify but that are very pleasant. In combination with the ginger the fragrance is gentle, sweet and overall inoffensive. There are some floral notes but nothing too frilly or complicated. It is not overtly girly or feminine. This smells like someone whom has taken a long shower, gone outside for a walk in a cool forest and procured some ginger along the way. If that makes sense!

This is a very light fragrance and commenter before me is right in that it is like a splash. I sometimes spritz a bit on myself or in my office mid-day just to freshen things up a bit. Normally I wear rather bold fragrances such as Lolita Lempicka, Hermes Ambre Narguile or Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille. I don't know if it is the wood notes in this fragrance but I can actually add a spritz of it to the above fragrances without an obvious clash.

On its own in it is lovely but it has no real staying power so you have to carry some with you. It is best for warmer weather. In fact I would liken this fragrance to a gauze in terms of its transparency and lightness.

pitbull friend
pitbull friend

As with Roger & Gallet generally, this has a certain "rough edge" that niche perfumes usually don't. It's more on the level of splashes like Jean Nate or 4711. It's not bad at all but has a harsher sensibility than some of my favorites. But the prices on these are excellent, which matters, too.

Eau de Gingembre by Roger & Gallet 4.17 out of 5 based on 122 ratings and 23 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Roger & Gallet Eau de Gingembre fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Roger & Gallet Eau de Gingembre, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau de Gingembre by Roger & Gallet. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau de Gingembre by Roger & Gallet represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.