Designers » R S » Aromatic « Groups

L`Homme Roger & Gallet for men

L`Homme Roger & Gallet for men
dislike

L`Homme by Roger & Gallet is a Aromatic fragrance for men. L`Homme was launched in 1979. Top notes are nutmeg, amalfi lemon and mint; middle note is ylang-ylang; base notes are woodsy notes, spices and amber.

Nutmeg Amalfi Lemon Mint

Ylang-Ylang

Woodsy Notes Spices Amber

L`Homme Fragrance Reviews

LJT
LJT

Just great in every way.
I find it difficult to breakdown the notes of this fragrance as to me they all come together to just be R&G L'H. Nothing dominates so maybe that's where the magic is, in just getting it right. A scent that makes me feel like I've added an extra touch of style and class to whatever else I'm wearing.

Merino-Teflon
Merino-Teflon

I managed to get an old bottle of this from some German outfit, received yesterday, first experience with this scent, and it is still going the next day, truly an impressive beast, tweedy clean, gentlemanly surely, but with heft. Love it.

RobbieX
RobbieX

L'Homme was one of my very first fragrances that I ever bought - back in the 80's. It's a lovely spearmint based fragrance. Longevity and silage are good. I have the original square bottle (bought since the 80's) but when I run out it's an instant replacement. A clean and soapy scent - and it's gorgeous. 8/10 for me.

Bourgognais
Bourgognais

I feel strange criticising a perfume that seems so popular here. Some molecule in this mix fills the back of my mouth with a taste of soap, and that is all I get. Not a pleasant experience. (No, I did not spray into my mouth, nor did I overspray.)

Batch: 62N500, may 2016.

composerec
composerec

Having recently bought an old bottle of this, I really note the difference in composition which has an effect on longevity and dry down. The original in the plain blue packaging from the late 1980s-early 90s is an absolute treat. Plenty of mint, good sillage. The newer version doesn't have the same smell nor staying power which is a shame. I understand R&G were taken over by L'Oreal which isn't a good sign some years back. But I note this with all fragrances now. I have a number of old bottles from years back and the difference is really striking when one tries the newer ones. Maybe this was because of the use of animal ingredients such as Civet cat glands used for skin fixatives. Whilst I am really pleased no animals are used for cosmetics anymore in the EU, I can't help but feel if there are other ingredient problems with the newer versions that also have had an negative effect. I just don't seem to find the longevity on fragrances anymore, even those where a few drops would be smelt a mile away, such as YSL Kouros.

Absolute class.
A tone poem of masculine aromatic notes blended to smell like a man should. To me similarities to Azzurro pour homme or Paco Rabanne or countless others of the period are obvious but with one striking difference, Roger & Gallet is just better behaved on my skin. I think the blend is just right so as not to be 'too' anything. It's the usual blend of clean, soapy, spicy and recent formulations although lacking in oakmoss and sheer power, L'Homme is still reserved enough to last okay and give the wearer a nice clean, blokey feel without choking anybody out. I like it a great deal.

Marie69
Marie69

New favourite men´s now. So classic and clean and fresh. Natural and classic. Really really a good one. I am reviewing a vintage mini EDT.

Castor
Castor

Old schoold from the early 1970's without the oakmoss. A Gentlemanly scent wich can be desribed as a light spicy blend. I have both versions, both are good.

Please note that by gentlemanly I mean this is far from a powerbomb, of the kind it has limited longevity, applied with no more than three sprays warantying the wearer will be aware of it in a limited fashion, but noticed by others when closed.

dr.astrov
dr.astrov

This is such a great masculine all-rounder. Subtly spicy with a deep amber and woodsy richness. I don't get any mint myself, more of an understated floral vibe, with a soapy, almost barbershop feel. Not a very young man's fragrance, but equally no "old man scent" danger here. Decent longevity too. This really deserves to be better known!

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

For so many years, I never consider R&G for their purfume's. To me their known as purfumed soaps and different creams with exotic/orient scent's making them unquie in the market well before the Body Shop and more recent Bath body Works.
I was looking for one fragrance and I stumbled upon L'HOMME from R&G. The women who knows my taste in frag's asked me to give it a try so I made I blind purchase hoping it wasn't a waste of money. OMG boy was I shocked, this fragrance has a warm/spicy tone with a aromatic sweet/woodsy base making it very luxurious. I never thought that this fragrance came out in 79' intead 97' which I wouldn't of thought anything of it.
Longevity and Silage is fabulous well past 8hrs on my skin.
Overall thoughts,
I can't thank Samantha enough for showing me this frag. A very clean/natural /aromatic aroma well before it's time making this juice very desirable. To me this frag is definitely a early fall throughout the winter frag so I wore it today being a cold day and I was complemented on how good this frag smelled like. 8.5/10

EnoughScents
EnoughScents

This one gives Azzaro PH, and the like, a run for the money as one of the manliest of manly fragrances out there. I've had a splash decanter for many, many moons since it takes only a couple of drops to the neck and I'm smelling good for the whole day. One problem with L'Homme is its very tough to buy new anymore...R & G may have discontinued when they closed US operations of their retail arm.

JohnB2014
JohnB2014

Very-very manly.
If you are 35 years old and up, you will shine like a real masculine male with
this one! 8/10!

ian85
ian85

I like this one, but I think fragrantica's pyramyd is wrong. I don't smell any amber in it. Here is the brand information : "The head is a duo combining lemon and fizzy aromatic mint, bewitched by a heart of lavender, clove and ylang-ylang, a veritable natural link between the Hesperidean opening and the woody base notes of vetiver, oak moss, sandalwood and patchouli to complete the deal."
A classic and manly chypre wood fragrance, very fresh and non offensive.

rum
rum

Roger & Gallet's hard to find "L'Homme" range really is the definitive scent of a 'chypre', or 'woody'.
Aside from citrus, the chypre / woody family of scents is probably the most loved fragrance family ever. Many don't even know they love woody scents.
This makes a great everyday office scent, very light and inoffensive. It's hard to over spray and just smells divine. A mix of woody notes and a touch of vanilla, this scent remains fresh and clean throughout. If you are a lover of Azzaro Pour Homme and would like something more up to date, you will find this one is right up your street.
I like to layer this scent with the after shave balm of the same company. Very light and comforting. Accept no imitations!

rainbow.owl2
rainbow.owl2

The shower gel for this scent is a wonderful product and smells lovely on my husband. The scent lasts quite a long time on him, too.

hadrian
hadrian

R&G L’H is an excellent aromatic scent, clean, lively although sober, a truly reminder of the ‘70’s art of French perfumery. If this genre suits you, you can’t go wrong with this one.
Even it is not at all similar, R&G L’H reminds me another classic that I love: Azzaro Pour Homme. Both of them share the same spirit: uninhibited manliness.
Convenient price, good sillage, very good longevity on your skin.
Chers Roger & Gallet, gardez–le, L’Homme est magnifique et il merite rester comme ça!
Autrement dit, keep it alive!
A deserved 9+/10

eliweisz
eliweisz

Bought at the Roger & Gallet boutique, Rue St. Honore - the most friendly place in Paris.
What can I say? A true classic, powerful, exciting, timeless, uncompomisingly masculine. Great citric-spicy opening, softened by delicious ylang-ylang. Drydown is ambery-sweet with some pleasant hints of pipe tobacco and wood. Longevity and sillage well above expectations.
Probably my best purchase in a couple of years.
Rare, refreshing and recommended!

mrluctoretemergo
mrluctoretemergo

it's clean & green, it's cool it's fresh, soapy...and it does remind me of quorum but this one (R&G) is a little bit fresher whereas quorum is the somewhat heavier, greener scent. Both are great 30+ scents at a very reasonable price !

BlackS1
BlackS1

One of the best fragrances ever produced. Please Roger & Gallet, never ever discontinue that one!
It's my No2 right after Chanel Pour Monsieur which shares the same clean, refined, soapy, cant-go-wrong feel.
Perfect.

3469hobbes
3469hobbes

This is what men should smell like as far as I am concerned! Would never be confused with a woman's scent, is a strong scent, but not overpowering and lasts well. Just smells very manly and sexy. Love it!

petrus
petrus

The rectangular bottle and the new bottle smells the same (I could compare both). It was my first fragrance, and is still one of my favorites.

You can find it in France in most of the pharmacies.

Astektomas
Astektomas

My specimen of the same name is in the rectangular bottle though - I wonder wheather it's the one or it's the different one? Anyone with the knowledge about the issue? Smeels - smels + cheers

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Roger & Gallet L`Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Roger & Gallet L`Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L`Homme by Roger & Gallet. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L`Homme by Roger & Gallet represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.