Designers » R S » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Candy Aoud Roja Dove for women and men

Candy Aoud Roja Dove for women and men
dislike

leather

Candy Aoud by Roja Dove is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Candy Aoud was launched in 2015. The nose behind this fragrance is Roja Dove. Top notes are bergamot and grapefruit; middle notes are apple, banana, black currant, pear and rose; base notes are amber, amyris, agarwood (oud), birch, cardamom, cashmere wood, cedar, balsam fir, olibanum, gurjan balsam, labdanum, leather, musk, oakmoss, orris, patchouli, rhubarb, saffron and sandalwood.

Bergamot Grapefruit

Apple Banana Black Currant Pear Rose

Amber Amyris Agarwood (Oud) Birch Cardamom Cashmere Wood Cedar Balsam Fir Olibanum Gurjan balsam Labdanum Leather Musk Oakmoss Orris Patchouli Rhubarb Saffron Sandalwood

Candy Aoud Fragrance Reviews

I agree with joyjoy bellow.this review makes me laugh

I agree with joyjoy bellow.this review makes me laugh

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

Candy oud is the wolf in sheeps clothing; a scent of shocks.

This is no fluffy girl's fling, the 1st spray is the tractor-tyre wallop of dark, dank oudh, pungent and bold as you dare.

Ohh dear.

I was realyyy hoping the oud beast would jump out at the drydown where I couldn't care much for my money but nooope!

Sad because I think this would have been a Winner of fruity medley and party candy because the Quality is there. But I guess in the end, it lives up to the dark side of Niche.

Beware.

My rating: 2/10.
Quality: 9/10.

joyjoy
joyjoy

I have spray samples of most of Roja's Aouds (sadly he no longer sells the sample sizes on his website). I have & really like the Aoud, Amber Aoud, Musk Aoud, UAE Aoud, Taif Aoud & even the Sweetie Aoud. This Candy Aoud, however, I can't stand. It's okay at first but the aoud turns so fecal on me & stays that way. The banana note wasn't very noticeable either & I was really looking forward to that. It's stupid but I like the pink bottle. Oh well.

deadidol
deadidol

Like Sweetie Aoud, the opening of Candy Aoud bridges the sickening with the fascinating; you get something that resembles a mouthful of gummi bears crossed with soapy florals. Also like Sweetie Aoud, this scent ditches the sugary namesake in under a minute and ploughs headlong into stemmy floral territories countered by something that borders on vegetal. There’s a outlying citrus note thats mixed with oak moss to produce a shadow of a chypre that builds as the sweeter notes fade. After thirty minutes, you’re left with a fairly uninspiring mush of ideas with a prominent rose jutting out against what smells to me to be a kind of tobacco leaf. This really isn’t a scent about candy, and it’s certainly not about oud. But the main problem I have with it is that it doesn’t seem to know what it trying to accomplish. It’s kind of an insipid, pointless leafy affair that, while not awful, contributes surprisingly little.

Roge'
Roge'

For starters, this is a misnomer. No Starburst, Skittles, Mike and Ike; zilch, nada, no candy fumes whatsoever. Instead, your greeted with a bunch of melancholy notes like saffron, amber, patchouli, oakmoss etc. The opening is a bit convoluted. There's an APB out on this oud note that everyone has seemingly voted for. Over time the fragrance sweetens up a bit but not in a candied way. The proverbial banana note that everyone is clamoring about comes into play and is sort of a big deal throughout the duration. There's another hint of sweetness coming from the rose which is vying to see sunlight but is subdued by the said notes...and the "unsaid" notes that are not worth mentioning. Does Candy Oud feel important? Does it have that "I gotta have it in my collection" feel to it? The answer is...not really. Candy Oud is like the Jurassic World movie,"Ehhhhhh..it's cool" but in the end, a real shoulder shrugger.

Pinnacos
Pinnacos

Sherihan:

I believe he's simply making it in larger bathtubs now.

Kankuro
Kankuro

Too bad many people are judging this fragrance based on the price, name and packaging; instead of actually trying it and then sharing their experience. Candy Aoud is a brilliant fragrance and I am sure if just one of you tried it, you wouldn't call it banana juice. A second after spraying Candy Aoud on my skin, a huge and skanky note of indonesian Oud appears. I am stunned, this scent is bordering on being fecal without crossing the line completely. Not for the faint hearted! In the background, some sweet notes are already lurking, waiting to be discovered. Creamy and sweet, but not really fruity. Maybe this is some kind of a banana note, anyway, it's really pleasant. After the animalic burst, the sweet candy note is beginning to become more dominant. Finally, all the notes are starting to form a beautiful balance, until the fecal Oud completely blends with leather, patchouli and the seet candy note. The final result is charming and unique: Sweet, creamy woodiness with a hint of leather and some patchouli. Excellent!

weaselize
weaselize

i,m wondering if the banana is a synthetic banana or real ''precious'' banana oil....blink

fabiotheitalian
fabiotheitalian

I dont take an official statement because i didnt sniff it.
But given by name, notes and description i have to say roia dove seems to have lost his class and creativity.
But lets wait for a sniff..

Sherihan
Sherihan

Omg stop it Roja, you ar contradicting yourself, in your book you insisted on the perfume as an art, not totally a commercial thing that just follow trends to make more money. Now what is this! Your brand is not even a NICHE anymore, it is in every shop in the Middle East.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Roja Dove Candy Aoud fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Roja Dove Candy Aoud, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Candy Aoud by Roja Dove. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Candy Aoud by Roja Dove represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.