Designers » R S » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Diaghilev Roja Dove for women and men

Diaghilev Roja Dove for women and men
dislike

Diaghilev Roja Dove for women and men Pictures Diaghilev Roja Dove for women and men Pictures Diaghilev Roja Dove for women and men Pictures Diaghilev Roja Dove for women and men Pictures

Diaghilev by Roja Dove is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for women and men. The nose behind this fragrance is Roja Dove. Top notes are bergamot, orange, lime, lemon, cumin and tarragon; middle notes are jasmine, rose, black currant, heliotrope, peach, tuberose, violet and ylang-ylang; base notes are vetyver, patchouli, vanille, cedar, cloves, guaiac wood, nutmeg, oak moss, sandalwood, ambrette (musk mallow), benzoin, civet, labdanum, leather, musk, peru balsam and styrax.

Bergamot Orange Lime Lemon Cumin Tarragon

Jasmine Rose Black Currant Heliotrope Peach Tuberose Violet Ylang-Ylang

vetyver Patchouli Vanille Cedar Cloves Guaiac Wood Nutmeg oak moss Sandalwood Ambrette (Musk Mallow) Benzoin Civet Labdanum Leather Musk Peru Balsam Styrax

Jubilation for Women
Mitsouko Extract

Diaghilev Fragrance Reviews

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - oakmoss, leather, civet & patchouli.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the colder months, day or night.

Projection - I did get noticed, I didn't get a compliment.

Longevity - I get 12hrs consistently.

Nbond007
Nbond007

excellent fragrance...stunning....my 100 ml bottle came in......a work of art indeed

Farouhaa
Farouhaa

This perfume is a work of art. Totally classy with excellent longevity and projection. Well done Roja Dove!

KIZILBAY
KIZILBAY

Markanın beğendiğim parfümü. Bir klasik havasında. Bence kadınlar için uygun değil. Deri ve animalic yapısı bunu daha çok erkeklere yakın bir parfüm haline getiriyor. Etrafınızda hemen bir klasik ve kaliteli atmosfer oluşturuyor. Burada sıralanan noktaların tümünü koklayarak almak mümkün değil. Kalıcılık ve koku dağılımı makul, iyi. Diğerlerinde olduğu gibi bununda fiyat etiketini hak edip etmediği tartışmalı bir konu. Yaklaşık 1000 usd. Bu rakama neler alınabilir eminim benden iyi biliyorsunuz.

Q80
Q80

Quite rich and bulky with an enormous Sillage and longevity. Quite animalic with allot of Ylang Ylang. Dark green with gaiac wood & beaches. Sophisticated and too suffocating when applied more than 2 sprays on skin. it screams quality and fits the ballet dancing atmosphere to the max which is the reason it was created for Mr. Sergei Diaghilev.

in case you asked for the price, it's around 1100$ for the 100ml.

Oslo-fjord
Oslo-fjord

Opulent, luxurious and Regal. Probably the most stunning fragrance I've come across so far. This masterpiece is a 10/10. Pity the price is out of my range. I wish it was available in 50ml bottles.

naylor
naylor

Absolutely stunning. Some light cirtus and sharp florals on top, then ... dirty, earthy green. Moss and civet. Like walking through an ancient place, with stone structures, and moss growing out of the dusty cracks...

J'aimeParfum
J'aimeParfum

one word,impressive,and the name i just love the name,reminds me of russia,kavkaz,dancers,ballerina and all those stuff,voyage through perfume.

calzim
calzim

This perfume really deserves a full review, but it will require much focus and many wearings to dissect this one. The opening is very familiar feeling, right at home with chypres of years past. The first 1-2 hours the scent is huge and full, taking up all the olfactory space available, but staying close to the skin. Again this stage feels very familiar. The heart is the truly special part of this fragrance for me. The nutmeg loses its edge and the resins and sweeter qualities of the fragrance really peek through. The scent never actually becomes sweet. It is still the animalic chypre, most of all. But a nuttiness and mild sweetness really dance off the skin as the fragrance smooths out in this stage. The projection picks up in the heart as well, lending to these subtleties getting their proper attention. The fragrance then progresses toward a patchouli-heavy woody dry down reminiscent of vintage Givenchy Gentleman (Gentleman being one of the finest dry downs in all of perfumery IMO). Exquisitely blended fragrance. Not sure there's any reason to give it less than a perfect rating.

mathieuq613
mathieuq613

not my cup of tea 6/10 well made but to mature and to churchy feel for me!

Saeidreza
Saeidreza

This is very similar to Maai's drydown!

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

Diaghilev opens with a brief blast of concentrated citrus notes and moves into a very animalic heavy civet and oakmoss accord. It stays like this for a long time, then it's slightly brightened by Ylang Ylang with some cloves joining the skanky party. The main star of the show is the civet and oakmoss and this never goes away.

I get average projection but good longevity of several hours before it's a skin scent.

This scent is like a piece of art from over a hundred years ago in a museum which you can appreciate but would not think of taking it home and hanging it in your living room. Though those who love Leather Oud, Vintage Korous, Mouchoir de Monsieur and other heavy civet and oakmoss fragrances will find much to love here.

s.alswayeq
s.alswayeq

one of my favorite fragrances, one of best chypre fragrance i have ever smelled

Fresh 10/10
rich 10/10
Pwadery 10/10
leathery 10/10
earthy 10/10
woody 10/10
anaimalic (musky) 10/10

every note in this gorgeous excellent if u like chypre fragrance you will like it without any proplem

Beffie1963
Beffie1963

Dirty sexy. Tousled hair, sweat, naked raw sensuality. Not for the faint of heart or delicate of sensibility.

I'll start by saying this is not my cup of tea at all a mixture of dense complex heavy floral chypre and aromatic powerhouse...make no mistake people, Diaghliev is real perfume.
I respect this composition for it's complexity and moments of beauty but the main elements are too dry and potent for me. The opening is a classic device the interplay of sharp lemon/lime citrus and heavy musk. The oakmoss and civet are very heavy indeed but don't choke you out and that means one thing...superb quality. The balance is right here and if you like this sort of classic approach to perfume then this composition would rival the very best. The dry down is very nice and there's too many notes to mention popping out of the mossy earthy base.
There's elements I don't like, you can smell cloves and ylang quite strongly in the opening especially this is too musky, never feminine (in fact almost butch at times) but quite dated and too formally perfume like but not the way I want to smell.
I can understand how some would consider this to be Roja's stand out work as the others are quite accessible and almost modern in comparison to Diaghliev.
Great longevity and projection but not for me.

velb95

EN. Little more about Diaghilev. I would like to add another thing to my previous review, some people speak often about a similarity between Diaghilev and Mitsouko by Guerlain and as the saying goes "there is no smoke without fire."

Having all 3 perfumes (often they speak also of Guerlain's Vol de Noit) I did several tests, so I'll try to explain here the main differences: initially in Diaghilev you feel a strong animalistic notes (civet) and some bitterness, probably from tuberose, which in Mitsouko is weaker (to not speak of bitterness, that doesn't exist in Mitsouko), Mitsouko at the same time, retains its unmistakable aroma for hours, but Diaghilev, after an hour loses almost everything, remaining with only its light sweet&woody base.

As for Vol de Noit, here there isn't a lot in common. Vol de Noit (I speak, however, about its concentration of "pure perfume" and not EDT) initially has a strong animalistic note, but loses it much sooner than Diaghilev does, acquiring instead the rich powder note with a slight, but very distant animalistic note.

So it makes no sense also to mix Mitsouko with Vol de Noit, trying this way to get an economic variant of Diaghilev, as suggested sometimes in the various revisions, because this combination also would have very little in common with Diaghilev.

IT. Riguarda Diaghilev aggiungerei un'altra cosa alla mia recensione precedente: si parla spesso di una somiglianza tra Diaghilev e Mitsouko di Guerlain e come dice il proverbio "non c'è fumo senza fuoco."

Avendo tutti 3 profumi (si parla spesso anche di Vol de Noit di Guerlain) ho fatto vari prove, quindi proverò a spiegare qui la principale differenza: inizialmente nel Diaghilev si percepisce una fortissima nota animalesca (zibetto) e qualche amarezza, probabilmente dalla tuberosa, che nel Mitsouko è più debole (di non parlare dell'amarezza che nel Mitsouko non esiste proprio), Mitsouko allo stesso tempo, mantiene la sua inconfondibile aroma per ore, Diaghilev, invece, dopo un'ora perde quasi tutto, rimanendo solo con una leggera base dolce e legnosa.

Per quanto riguarda Vol de Noit, qui non c'è molte cose in comune proprio. Vol de Noit (parlo, comunque, di una concentrazione "puro profumo") ha inizialmente una forte nota animalesca, ma la perde molto più veloce di Diaghilev, acquistando invece una nota di cipria con una lieve, ma molto distante nota animalesca.

Quindi non ha alcun senso mescolare Mitsouko con Vol de Noit per arrivare a un variante economico di Diaghilev, come a volte viene consigliato nelle vari recensioni, perché anche questa combinazione avrebbe molto poco in comune con Diaghilev.

velb95

EN. This is a general review for all 7 men's fragrances by Dove Roja, which I received from his boutique in Harrods (London) as 2ml pure perfume samples. Well, what can I say about... I'm sorry I wasted $210 just to satisfy my curiosity.

So, in order of things:
1 First of all, the most famous and most publicized Dove Roja's perfume - Diaghilev doesn't smell like, Mitsouko, or like a mixture any the other Guerlain's fragrances, as can often be found in the various review here, however, in its initial notes it slightly reminiscences the opening of Vol de Nuit (pure perfume edition), Diaghilev, as to me, is weaker and with some strange bitterness, which fortunately disappears after about an hour. Well, in general is not bad, but I would not wear it, as I would not wear the other 5 of 7 men's fragrances from Roja that I have received, the exception would be Roja's Scandal pour homme.

2 Nüwa, as I expected from the list of ingredients, smells hard of cumin and frankly is just unbearable. It 'a kind of suffocating stench of sweaty men in a concentrated mixture of almonds.

3 Fetish and Reckless are good anyway, but then, as often happens with Roja's perfume, Fetish to me smells like a twin of Interlude Man by Amouage, while Interlude doesn't cost $600, but much less. I mean that Fetish and Reckless are good and high quality perfumes, but, I would say, that they are a pure example of what does "too much" means. I believe, that this is the reason why wealthy Russian consumers love them, because they have to show off the money.

4. About Enigma and Danger I wouldn't even talk - they are just 2 boring woody fragrances.

If I need to describe in one sentence the style of perfumes by Roja I would call the Rococo genre: they are very intense, everything is always created in strict accordance with the laws of luxury perfumery, every detail is taken into consideration, but it's too much, it's not in the right place and in general you wasted your money just for the name and authority of Dove Roja. However, if one day, despite this review, someone would decide to give me a perfume by Roja, I would certainly prefer Scandal by Roja. This one, at least, is the most original and, at the same time, more stable perfume of the whole male line. Diaghilev, for example, in its new configuration evaporates too soon.

While I was writing this review, all 7 fragrances are arrived to their olfactory pyramid base and I decided to add in the conclusion that all of them, except Scandal have completed their transformation to a very regular woody note, as happens to the most men's fragrances that cost from $50 to $90 for a bottle of 100 ml. Therefore, I hope that the time you find to read this my review was spent much useful than mine, wasted to discover Dove Roja's perfumery art.

thiefofnoses
thiefofnoses

I was very curious to try Diaghilev so I purchased a (quite) small decant. My review is based on several wears.

Diaghilev opens with a soapy leather and a well-done animalic note and if one were testing blind, I would suspect the immediate response from anyone who knows a little about fragrances would be 'vintage'. It's a complex fragrance which softens as the top notes leave, with rose followed by jasmine being most noticeable to me, with the tiniest whisper of peach over the soapy leather. The musk starts to appear here and is joined by a soft woods note. The animalic note also returns.

The strong opening puts me off a little but the mid-base notes are superb. I'm not sure if 2-3 wears is enough to fully appreciate this fragrance but I am impressed by it. I doubt I will purchase a full bottle of this due to the exorbitant cost but if I were in a (much) better financial position, who knows?

henri345que
henri345que

Is quite interesting that the differences between the original Dighilev composition and the relaunched parfum strenght are, somehow, the same differences between Mitsouko and what is known to have inspired Mitsouko, the legendary Coty Chypre. The Original Diaghilev is more muscular, dry, almost masculine, putting much more emphasis on the moss and on driest citrus and flower aromas. The Parfum, however, is like a classic Mitsouko with a nod to current chypres (it comes to my mind, besides the Amouage one listed on the similarities, Gucci Rush too). It fills the driest sections of the first version with soft peachy tones and sensual flowers that blooms on different moments on skin. The spices also seem to be more intense and dirty, but the scent itself isn't dirty. It's complex, abstract, very sensual but in a refined way. It's not a kind of fragrance that is on trend anymore, but i guess that there is always space for some high quality chypre (too bad that it's so expensive!).

UdayLalan
UdayLalan

This review is for Diaghilev parfum version.

After using Diaghilev thrice and other Roja Dove
scents ( I was lucky to get very small quantities
of various Roja perfumes) I think the community
of fragrance lovers should be divided in two
types. First type- people who have used Roja
fragrances and second type, people who are yet
to try Roja fragrances. I am glad I now belong
to the first group.

As already said it keeps getting better and
better and unfolds like different chapters of
a romantic novel. And in the end I get civet tamed
by different floral notes and faint woodsy notes also appear.

This is a big scent and members of royalty,
celebrities, vvip businessmen and may be diplomats
could use this on daily basis. And ofcourse, socialites who
attend great parties.

I have used it for my rotary meetings where
members have nodded their heads with appreciation.

I have sniffed Mitsouko only once and I can't
really comment if this one has a similar vibe.

Retailing at 750 pounds this one is expensive.
But the positive side is this one is pure perfume
and very long lasting so one spritz could be enough.

And when you look at "Roja" by Roja Dove which
retails for 2500 pounds and attar versions of Aoud,
Amber Aoud and Musk Aoud which retail for 750 pounds
for just 30 ml each, Diaghilev 100ml for 750 pounds
is reasonable.

The beauty, depth, elegance of Diaghilev are
such that this one will stand the test of time.
Long after we are all gone it will continue
to delight perfume lovers in different
parts of the world.

Try it and you would be happy you did.

rttoronto
rttoronto

If Mitsouko and Vol de Nuit met and had a baby, their offspring would be Diaghilev.

deadidol
deadidol

Insanely opulent and suave chypre that, hilariously, reminds me of Aromatics Elixir. A smooth oak moss flanked by top-shelf patchouli and vetiver with minuscule touches of citrus and culinary herbs floating around. Ambrette and civet are present, but highly civilized; many of the myriad fruit / floral notes are there, but not prominent enough to isolate. The whole thing is big, round, and undeniably impressive, but it’s hard not to snicker at the kind of over-the-top luxury it’s signifying. Excellent, beautiful, stunning, and a tad ridiculous.

Break out your Liberace furs and bling, slap some of this on, then go stomp around the neighborhood like you *own* the damn place.

A.M.H.2
A.M.H.2

This is a strong heady masculine perfume. Great power in everything, sillage and longevity etc.! I don't see a woman wearing it, too powerful. Only if used lightly or if there was a lighter version, maybe possible :)

Shorokh
Shorokh

At the first whiff I said Oh no, not my cup of tea.
Then the perfume started to live its own life on my skin. It was developing and developing and kept developing for several hours, and I was pleased to notice that the bouquet being so complex, it was like pushing forward one notes and then the others.
I never got bored! It was a real symphony of notes, very close to perfection.
I still can say that it`s hardly my cup of tea, but... who knows. If one day someone asks me what Big Present I want... maybe for my 40 years anniversary...
Not necessarily for wearing, but to enjoy that magic symphony again. It`s so wonderful to have this precious thing in your collection.

tymanski
tymanski

i was extremely sceptical of roja dove - tried several and thought "what's this guy pulling here", but with Diaghilev, i take it all back. this is just spectacular on every level. a chypre of such depth, elegance, balance, simply a perfect fragrance. i am not going to start with notes, as this is prodigiously complex; i will say that the rose middle is the finest i've ever smelled. the sillage is quite discrete but very solid, and longevity is where it should be for an 850 euro (!!!) parfum. the long drydown has a beguiling affinity with amouage epic man (another favouite). some say this is similar to vintage mitsouko, i really can't say. it does embody everything i love about chypres in the end, i was seduced.

Rebelyell
Rebelyell

I always wanted a bottle, they had already run out at the V&A at the time of the exhibition. I am not sure which strength I tried today as it was sprayed on me, but it's POWERFUL stuff. Hours later, the scent is still 'huge'.

I have Mitsouko, so I'll be comparing. Right now, all I can think of is EL's Youth Dew (RD fans please don't stone me) personally, that's not an insult for me.

The sillage is too much for confined spaces so it may be yet another I am destined to enjoy by myself and in terms of longevity, I expect it last until I take a shower so let's hope the dry-down is exquisite as so far reported.

Money well spent but a little goes a long way

As usually with Roja Dove's fragrances, Diaghilev as well is strongly inspired by big fragrances of the past. In this case, the old-fashioned chypre structure, comes directly from huge compositions such as Mitsouko and Sous Le Vent. A wonderful fizzy citrusy opening evolving into an extremely refined floral middle phase to then turn into a fresh and rich mossy vetiver drydown which is not so distant from the latest phases of Onda Extrait.

The level of appreciation of Diaghilev is strongly related to one's personal preference towards extremely classic fragrances. That said, if you like the genre, this is one of the best chypres currently available on the market.

Caution: This review is for the recently launched "parfum" strength which sells for something like 750 pounds.

waftbycarol
waftbycarol

Opening on a note of juicy orange , progressing to a soft rose heart ( but only briefly ) , Diaghilev has a gorgeous classic chypre base with a pronounced chocolatey patchouli tempered with oakmoss and vanilla . Totally beautiful , my everyday fragrance from the first day I sniffed it !
Now available in 250 ml aluminum flacons from Roja Dove , this is not sold out as most believe .

Scentszilla
Scentszilla

This gorgeous golden elixir is a truly magnificent perfume - absolutely ambrosial & thoroughly intoxicating stuff. Just divine !
It's certainly one of the very best chypré fragrances I've sniffed, totally outstanding. And easily gets my vote for overall best fragrance of the year even. If this scent does not get a well deserved FiFi award then it's proof positive that the FiFi's all too often overlook/ignore the most deserving candidates. (EDIT: It didn't, only proving my point - & the one he did win a year later for DANGER I believe is actually inferior to Diaghilev.)
Mr.Dove has IMO really outdone himself with this beautiful scent, creating an outstanding masterpiece !
It was designed to invoke the beautiful classic chypres of yesteryear 20's & 30's. Which he has done to absolute perfection, having that unmistakable truly vintage feel/vibe & opulence. (Though, fear not, still balanced perfectly contemporary.) - And though it does not actually smell like Mitsouko (which was Diaghilev's favourite scent & the main inspiration behind D') it does indeed have a certain 'Mitsouko-ness' quality to it. But imagine a Mitsouko that's been stripped of it's central spice, then smoothened & sweetened with a softening cushion of light vanilla. And you might start getting an approximation of what this magical elixir smells like.
To me personally I even prefer it to ol' Mitsi (even the vintage) and find it a totally intoxicating scent. The addition of vanilla in the base does 'orientalise' it somewhat, leaving it rather less severe than your 'classic chypre'. Though regardless, or maybe even because of it, I'd still say it's pretty much my perfect chypre. So isn't it just typical that it would be a severely limited edition now completely sold out ~ Drat !

EDIT : The above is a review of the original Diaghilev EDP - It has since been rereleased and 'retweaked' into an extrait/parfum "Imperial' version which tho' similar-ish (especially in it's opening moments) it's nevertheless a rather different fragrance. And tho' it's still undoubtedly a really gorgeous fragrance, personally I still much prefer the original version. (which was just perfect as it was & also not over-exorbitantly priced.)

calyx93
calyx93

Beautiful traditional chypre - just gorgeous, really. I'm very pleased with my blind purchase and glad I got it before they sold out. The only issue I have is with the bulb atomizer - doesn't spray all that well and is probably prone to leakage/evaporation. I'll just keep this precious juice capped instead :)

*edit - Just found out about the 250ml refills from Dove's site and bought one. I'm so glad that I can replenish my supply!

myrrhmaid
myrrhmaid

opulent ,rich and perfect as a compliment to the Ballet Russes exhibition. It is a lot like Mitsouko and a great compliment to Roja Dove. I could not afford his other fragrances so had to have this and have no regrets at all even though it was bought blind .