Designers » R S » Chypre « Groups

Fetish Pour Homme Roja Dove for men

Fetish Pour Homme Roja Dove for men
dislike

leather

Fetish Pour Homme by Roja Dove is a Chypre fragrance for men. Fetish Pour Homme was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Roja Dove. Top notes are bergamot, lemon and lime; middle notes are fig, jasmine, neroli and violet; base notes are cardamom, cinnamon, elemi, oakmoss, patchouli, pepper, vetiver, ambergris, benzoin, castoreum, labdanum, leather, musk and vanilla.

Bergamot Lemon Lime

Fig Jasmine Neroli Violet

Cardamom Cinnamon elemi Oakmoss Patchouli Pepper Vetiver Ambergris Benzoin Castoreum Labdanum Leather Musk Vanilla

M
Bel Ami
Black
Versace L'Homme

Fetish Pour Homme Fragrance Reviews

romad119
romad119

I like to think of Fetish, as opposed to Enigma, as a more bold and confident fragrance that is worn as a display of presence. One does not wear this to hide meekly in the corner but to make known that one has arrived on scene. The longevity and sillage is great and as with all RD bottle construction, I find that the misting properties are great, no dripping or spurts but a fine mist that one can find tune. definitely important on scents of a higher price point and of a high potency.

NickZee
NickZee

I appreciate my nose may not be up to picking the differences against Bel Ami, but seriously, why pay an extra $300 when Bel Ami is already excellent? I appreciate Roja's incredible work but he really is having a bit of a laugh with this release. I do own full bottles of both but only Bel Ami will be replaced in future.

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

I dare to decliare this is in top five male marketed fragrances.
A sexy captivating men perfume for women.
Edp is a better version than others.
I sincerely suggest this Roja Dove masterpiece to all perfume lovers all around the world.
At the very first spray this may remind you of "Puredistance M" but fetish has lemony leather while Puredistance M is smells clearly of sinammon and leather.
Fetish needs attitude and occasion to be used but Puredistance M is rather comfortable and more wereable and finally fetish is several times more effective and has more quality than Puredistance M
سمپل ارجینال جهت تست موجود است

JavierORMENO
JavierORMENO

Most of Roja Perfumes have the ability to tel a story during a long time. in the case of Fetish, constant reminiscence of sex is at every stage of the tale. The beginning is very straight to the business and casual. Then the overall sensation is spread into many chapters or compartments: a garden of flowers, a labyrinth of bushes, wet grass where to roll, the forest, a church, a old library, sacred sex. I do not notice the vanilla and instead of leather, I have a more clear feeling of myrrh wrapping up everything.

picknenders
picknenders

It's a joke. Keep telling yourself this is worth $400+
Of your hard earned money. Or, just buy a bottle of comme des garçons black for $310 cheaper. It's your money - but I'm totally fed up with this clown and his fragrances. For that much money, you shouldn't be able to compare it to ANYTHING else. Just my opinion - but this dude is a clown.

john.warden
john.warden

LOVE LOVE. Everyone says this cologne smells like sweaty sex. Well... Kinda but it's amazing. $480 USD. Not cheap for a 100ml but worth it if you have the cash. Strictly at night dates and events. This isn't a summer during the day frag.
If you have the cash, test then buy it. Roja Dove probably the best in the biz.

micavana
micavana

Wow! A beautiful Masterpiece!! I have sampled most of the Roja Dove line so far, and this is heads and shoulders above the rest IMO.

I also own the original Bel Ami and have to agree that Fetish does share similarities with it, but I find Fetish to be a little better blended. Roja has stated that Bel Ami impressed him, so it does make sense. It is also compared to Puredistance M, which is another fragrance created but Roja Dove. I have had this one in the past and can see the similarities between that and Fetish as well. In my mind, Roja loved Bel Ami, used that as a model for Puredistance M and then perfected his Masterpiece of a version with Fetish.

Fetish is so well blended and balance that it is hard for me to pick out specific notes. So I will talk about impression more so than notes.

On my skin Fetish is a soft, sensual and smooth scent, but yet it has a dark smoky side hidden deep inside, just waiting to be released.

I also get whiffs of the "aftermath of a deliciously long sexual encounter with your lover" on my skin that others have referenced. It is the good, clean and very passionate type of encounter that makes you smile... every time you get a whiff throughout the day. This is the fragrance I would expect Christian Gray. from the 50 shades of gray books, to wear.

I get great projection and longevity on my skin.

After owning this for a while and wearing it quite a few times I have moved it into my top 5. Yes, it IS that good.

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - cinnamon patchouli, lime & suede leather.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the colder months, day or night.

Projection - I did get noticed, it garners compliments.

Longevity - I get 12hrs consistently.

Q80
Q80

This is a Remastered version (NOT a remake) of Hermez Bel Ami but with huge quality. I do have both Puredistance M & Bel Ami as It MIGHT have that kind of similarity with Puredistance M but not as similar as Bel Ami.

It is quite a good fragrance but having a 50ml for 400+ Euros is not a good idea cause i can have a 100ml for around 90 Euros (Bel Ami) unless i require too much silage to attend the OSCARS as an invited nominee :P

larr72000
larr72000

I Have 6 Roja Fragrances I Purchased From Bergdorf Goodman's. This is my Favorite Fragrance Line. I Have Several Creeds, By Kilians, Krigler, Clive Christian and Tom Ford. Roja is By Far The Best. That Said, Fetish Is My Least Favorite From That Line. It Is a Good Scent, Just Not Great. I Gave My Son a Bottle of Creed Bois du Portugal a Few Years Ago. Fetish is an Almost Dead Ringer to BdP!! I Like It, But Love Fruity, Sweetie and Amber Aoud Along With Creation E and Amber Extrait. I Have More Samples From Tom at Bergdorf Goodman's Coming. I Hope to Add Another 6 Roja Frag's In The Next Year!!!

Cerulean
Cerulean

The sensuality and sexiness it evokes is not my taste at all.

The concept fetish should have been represented in a more interesting and edgy way. I was expecting a darker and skankier leather note with possibly a hint of a fruity note to suggest a contradiction. Fetish Pour Homme though has a mellower spicy leather turning slowly into a vanilic mossy drydown.

I definitely believe it's unisex and not masculine. I also believe the scent itself doesn't justify the price.

The are other sensual and sexy masculine options out there the cost half the price of a Roja Dove perfume that can also represent the same idea and give the same effect.

Great sillage and longevity nevertheless.

Totroy
Totroy

A mature, deep, dark, smoldering, fiery, sexual scent, that I can so appreciate and love. Without hesitation 10/10.

Rerik
Rerik

Fetish sounds tempting, all I get is a Jazz club, full of smoky atmosphere, with that old wooden chairs and a lot of whiskey.
This is a multifaceted version of A Voice Of Reason by Lush.

shravanevana
shravanevana

One spray of this, in all honesty, makes me smell like i just finished up having sex that lasted several hours. The only difference, I'd rather smell like this scent than like the actual sex-aftermath stink. That animalic (castoreum) opening backed by leather and citrus undertones exceptionally captures this "stink" but in a pretty stupendous way.

This fragrance only goes on to re-affirm why Roja Dove is known as "The Master of Perfumery" of our age. He takes you on a ride down to the place where he wants you to be...and he does it bloody darn well! You just can't explain how rich, complex and masterfully crafted this perfume is until you get your nose on it.

Overall: 10/10 (Sheer perfection!)

Note: This is not for everyone. You need to understand why certain perfumes are a certain way in order to truly enjoy them. If you are a fragrance collector like me, then you might find this interesting. If you are just starting out with fragrances, you'll probably throw up. ;)

GenuineR30
GenuineR30

I call this one "great stink". Fetish is a fitting name for this stuff because it really has a dirty stink and sweet combination to it. It starts off as a very pungent animalic scent (castoreum) then the leather creeps in soon after. These are the most permeating notes of this fragrance to my nose. The leather in this scent kind of reminds me of Clive Christian C a little. As this scent begins to dry down, it sweetens with a mixture of fig and floral accords which is the neroli and violet. Basically a castoreum and leather scent, softened by fig and flowers. This isn't my favorite of the Roja dove line but I can't argue the fact that it's quality stuff. Roja never fails to blend things so well even the most clashing of indigents. The way Roja makes his scents truly shows you the art behind the making of perfumes. You know that smell you get from your clothes after you've left them in the washer, wet, too long, and then you dry them with a scented fabric softener? This scent's concept almost has the same composition. This smells almost identical to Puredistance M also made by Roja before he opened his own fragrance line.

My advice to the wearer of this scent is to apply it during the colder months. If you want to stink and smell good at the same time then this is your scent. I wouldn't recommend this during the warmer months. I would advise all to be careful with this juice, as it's not for everyone. It can turn people on just as easily as it can turn people off. If you like dirty and sweet then this could be a winner for you. I wouldn't blind buy this, sample this on your skin and see if it works well with your body chemistry. You're natural scent mixed with this could make all the difference. I see ages 35+ for this bad boy.

*Projection 10/10 becarful how you apply, it can be unbearable to you and everyone around you if overdone
*Longevity 9/10
*Day or night
*Fall and winter

The names of these Roja perfumes are so strong and provocative and although the juice is great I don't see them as dangerous, scandalous, fetishist...etc. I think Enigma is the only one with an appropriate name.
It's the refinement in all his perfume with I can't help but respect and Fetish is no different.

I think the complexity and warmth of this creation doesn't scream 'Chypre' to me there's elements of the aromatic fougere, and oriental about this too, making it hard to pigeon hole.
Definitely comprises old skool masculine elements of oakmoss and leather with the sharpness of citrus. The animalic element again although detectable is not strong or overbearing combining with a rich mixture of mild spices both sweet and peppery, benzoin/vanilla amber accord combo and by favourite 'gelling agent' Labdanum. It's interesting that all three masculines I've tried have this signature warm, creaminess that some people would maybe find a bit 'boring' or 'beige' but I think it just makes them more wearable and adds another dimension. I suppose there's no accounting for taste.
This is a brilliant fragrance yet again not my favourite in the line but my girlfriend really liked it.
I need to get a proper sample so I can be sure of what's going on here!

perfectionist
perfectionist

This smells sexy as hell but puredistanse m smells more classy. Can't go wrong with either. 10/10.

velb95
velb95

EN. This is a general review for all 7 men's fragrances by Dove Roja, which I received from his boutique in Harrods (London) as 2ml pure perfume samples. Well, what can I say about... I'm sorry I wasted $210 just to satisfy my curiosity.

So, in order of things:
1 First of all, the most famous and most publicized Dove Roja's perfume - Diaghilev doesn't smell like, Mitsouko, or like a mixture any the other Guerlain's fragrances, as can often be found in the various review here, however, in its initial notes it slightly reminiscences the opening of Vol de Nuit (pure perfume edition), Diaghilev, as to me, is weaker and with some strange bitterness, which fortunately disappears after about an hour. Well, in general is not bad, but I would not wear it, as I would not wear the other 5 of 7 men's fragrances from Roja that I have received, the exception would be Roja's Scandal pour homme.

2 Nüwa, as I expected from the list of ingredients, smells hard of cumin and frankly is just unbearable. It 'a kind of suffocating stench of sweaty men in a concentrated mixture of almonds.

3 Fetish and Reckless are good anyway, but then, as often happens with Roja's perfume, Fetish to me smells like a twin of Interlude Man by Amouage, while Interlude doesn't cost $600, but much less. I mean that Fetish and Reckless are good and high quality perfumes, but, I would say, that they are a pure example of what does "too much" means. I believe, that this is the reason why wealthy Russian consumers love them, because they have to show off the money.

4. About Enigma and Danger I wouldn't even talk - they are just 2 boring woody fragrances.

If I need to describe in one sentence the style of perfumes by Roja I would call the Rococo genre: they are very intense, everything is always created in strict accordance with the laws of luxury perfumery, every detail is taken into consideration, but it's too much, it's not in the right place and in general you wasted your money just for the name and authority of Dove Roja. However, if one day, despite this review, someone would decide to give me a perfume by Roja, I would certainly prefer Scandal by Roja. This one, at least, is the most original and, at the same time, more stable perfume of the whole male line. Diaghilev, for example, in its new configuration evaporates too soon.

While I was writing this review, all 7 fragrances are arrived to their olfactory pyramid base and I decided to add in the conclusion that all of them, except Scandal have completed their transformation to a very regular woody note, as happens to the most men's fragrances that cost from $50 to $90 for a bottle of 100 ml. Therefore, I hope that the time you find to read this my review was spent much useful than mine, wasted to discover Dove Roja's perfumery art.

Kenni
Kenni

Rich dark and resinous amber accord along with lime, laying on a leather sofa from the victorian era. The smell of iron almost takes you back to the industrial revolution. Take a look at Roja Dove himself, look how he dresses and the details on his clothes. This fragrance suits him perfectly. Absolutely love this !

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

A explosion of spicy leather with lime is what I'm getting on first application. Oakmoss with floral hints as well as cinnamon also start to bloom from within the main spicy leather and lime accord.

This scent is a lot like Puredistance M, it has the same spicy DNA but with a big dose of lime in the mix.

A very good spicy leather with a twist of lime.

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

The opening is really beautiful, unexpectedly and significantly classic: a renovated, enhanced, modern fougère. Especially in the first minutes it smells basically like a more aerial, more light Moschino Pour Homme, less powerful, with a more contemporary/synthetic touch. The castoreum note is almost a joke, I mean it's really light and restrained, but it's there, and together with the animalic/leather base, represents the "fougère heart" of this scent. The rest is equally classic, an "eau de cologne" texture of flowers, delicate and aromatic woods (cashmeran?), bergamot, a balsamic-mossy side. It eventually emerges a vetiver heart, on a mellow, dusty amber base. Leathery (soft) and ambery drydown, dusty and sophisticated. Pretty much it. It all sounds good and clear, the materials are better than average, what I enjoy the most is the touch of incense, smoky modernity, a "chic", rarified contemporaneity, cozy and sophisticated at the same time. But overall, as I said, I can not think of many'80s/'90s fougères, the more elegant ones, like Bugatti pour homme. And more broadly, to classic masculine perfumery textures. So where's the big deal here? I don't know honestly, but it somehow manages to smell great, contemporary and quite distinctive, although a bit delicate (or perhaps that's the key?). Somehow I like this, and if it had a decent price - I mean the price it is actually worth, which is average/bottom niche - it would have ended in my wish list. The actual price is beyond surreal.

7,5/10

Estebanz
Estebanz

Roja Dove Fetish Pour Homme impressions.
So after a 3 out of 5 rating to Amber Aoud its time for Fetish,
This one is without a doubt a Leather composition,the opening introduced me to a refined citrus explosion to quickly develop into a Leather Giant,this is pure class when it comes to Leathers,the middle is a Masterful blend of Spices,resins and a small dose of delicate flowers and Castoreum all put together carefully to enriched the smoky leather that feels nothing but luxurious,the castoreum here is the backbone of Fetish and what brings this Leather to a whole different level,Fetish feels like the luxurious smell of a Lamborghini Interior,feels rich and luxurious,the Potency of this scent is on a whole different level,longevity is 10 plus Hrs and projection is beastly,the negatives of the scent are uniqueness and Versatility,I just dont know how many times I will want to smell like a Lambo leather seat,and finally uniqueness,Fetish immediately reminded me of Roja Dove previous creations, "Puredistance M" anyone????.
Overall final thoughts?
Fetish is an excellent scent for leather lovers that already own enough versatile scents,since this one take a hit on that department.
Final Rating : 3.5 out of 5 Stars.

UdayLalan
UdayLalan

This review is for Fetish pour home extrait

The excellent review by deadidol has covered
everything and there is nothing more for me to
add as such.

From various reviews I understand that
Fetish has an elder brother, much smarter called
Puredistance M who sits on a pedestal from where
it can't be dethroned. Let it be so. I have never
tried "M" so I can't compare Fetish with M.

My sample of Fetish was gathering dust
becoz I was busy using other Roja scents and
partly because I read a review of Fetish where
Kafkaesque said it smelled dirty. Kafkaesque is
well known for accurate reviews. But I did try this
one last night. A friend got into my car and said
your car smells so good. I had to tell him that the
what he undertood as nice leather upholstery was
actually Fetish perfume. He was surprised.
The rich, soft leather scent could be due to
an excellent blending of castoreum with spices.

I got citric, mildly spiced castoreum in the
beginning. Got some floral notes midway and as
basenotes. There is cinnamon, cardamom and patchouli
but mixed up (in a good way). I got faint or soft leather.
Probably castoreum overshadows leather but still
it is very much there and through out. But as the scent
developed I realized that a lot of work has gone into it
and attention has been paid to small details.

I didn't get a dirty vibe but instead got
a compliment at a rotary meet. This one is loud
and announces your arrival (in a good way)

As a reviewer said else where if you like
Roja Dove then you have found your heaven and
if you don't then probably they are not your cup of
tea.

I like this one immensely. And this one
achieves perfectly what it was supposed to.
A soft, sensual leather scent to delight and
to prevail till end. Try it. Who knows you may
find your heaven.

Roge'
Roge'

Whoa! My olfactory is taking a beating right now. My nose feels like a speed bag. Ok, ok, Uncle, Uncle!!!! I give up! Mr. Dove, I see why you are the hype machine personafied. Your fragrances speaks for itself. This perfume is definitely in rare air. One of the best openings that i can remember. Hiroshima like notes(aka atomic) of castoreum and cardamom chauffeured by balsamic accords. This shares that same oriental juiciness that made us fall in love with Plum Japoinais. My skin inherited most of the heavier notes like labdanum, cinnamon, leather etc. This is one of those fragrances that will vary from person to person. All in all, I found this to be a borederline bad ass perfume. I was actually shocked that it didnt last longer(5hrs). Danger Pour Homme is still the one to beat from this house.

deadidol
deadidol

This review's for the parfum version.

Fetish starts with a massive citrus: predominantly lime with a distinct peppery spin on it. The chypre bitterness is present immediately, carried here by cypress notes and spices more than oakmoss alone, and there's a faint soapiness squeaking through that's common with these kinds of top notes. A bulky castoreum, sprinkled with cinnamon, hums along underneath, and I get a gourmand texture that I believe might be patchouli. It's massive scent, with a lot of individual components at work, yet oddly, I'm not getting that much leather from it—or at least not as much as I expected.

It settles into a scratchy cardamom musk over bronzed resins that come across as a touch candied, yet the tart, bitter notes remain as a reminder of the citric opening as it begins to fade. The whole thing winds down to a very tasteful vanilla musk that manages to sidestep predictability through the residual bitterness that reads as touch mentholated.

This has a wide profile: it's a very loud and prominent composition which, like its infamous sibling M, is extremely tenacious. And it's the inevitable comparison of the two that clarifies where Fetish PH stands for me. I've always found M to be more futuristic than it seems—very clinical in its components, as though it were assembled by surgeons on the perspex surfaces of some floating laboratory lit by clinical fluorescence. Fetish, however, offers more of a history: it's contemporary and relevant, yet it looks back along perfume's past trajectory for its touchstones, finding them in the powerhouses of the last three decades.

For me, M keeps the gold medal out of the two, but that's mainly because Fetish is playing a deck that I'm personally not that drawn to. There are several notes in this that don't sit right with me, but they sit perfectly within the composition itself, and certainly within its genre. Objectively speaking, it's an impressive scent although perhaps a tad too shouty; but subjectively, it's not quite my cup of tea.