Designers » R S » Floral « Groups

G Gigli Romeo Gigli for women

G Gigli Romeo Gigli for women
dislike

G Gigli by Romeo Gigli is a Floral fragrance for women. G Gigli was launched in 1994. The nose behind this fragrance is Sophie Labbe. Top notes are pineapple, green notes, tarragon, violet, hiacynth, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are cyclamen, orris root, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are sandalwood, musk, oakmoss, orchid and cedar.

Pineapple Green Notes Tarragon Violet Hiacynth Bergamot Lemon

Cyclamen Orris Root Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Sandalwood Musk Oakmoss Orchid Cedar

Julia

G Gigli Fragrance Reviews

I understand the Cherry Dr. Pepper idea but this one isn't that fizzy to me and that quality doesn't last too long. The drydown is a dry yet sweet powdery/woody scent with a bit of a candy-like aspect. Over time the wood becomes stronger and some may consider it unisex at that point. This may be the kind of scent you have to wear at least a few times (not on consecutive days) so that you can adjust to it and appreciate all that is has to offer. No it's not especially complex but the drydown is quite pleasant and it's smells reasonably natural too.

icecube
icecube

Well I did smell a bit of cherry in the beginning - but after that it mostly smells very odd. Probabely the tarragon mixed with a heavy powdery note.
Not a big change after drydown - a little bit of sweetness coming trough but for me this is a strange smelling perfume.
As I bought it on E-bay it might have been off so take this in consideration reading this review.

weegee
weegee

Cherry Dr. Pepper. Not the original high-test, syrupy formula but the somewhat bitter diet version served with a side of cedar chips borrowed from the stash meant for the hamster's cage -- and I really, really like it!

Dr. Pepper has always been (in)famous for being an oddly herbal, even medicinal (hence the "Dr.") soft drink and I've always enjoyed bitter over sweet so I can easily concur with Perfume Patty's "Herbal Aromatic" classification. I can only persuade myself there are florals in the mix when I'm looking directly at the list of notes because my nose says this is all cedar and black cherry. Lots and lots of black cherry - and natural cherry at that, not sugary/candy-sweet.

I don't care that it only lasts 2-4 hours. I've gone through 5 cute little mini bottles, opening each one weeks after the last, hoping all the while that it wouldn't smell as good as I remembered so I could convince myself a full-bottle purchase wasn't necessary... to no avail. I simply MUST have a full bottle.

Wearing it again today makes me want to grab the self-tanning lotion, a yellow sun-dress and a big, wide-brimmed straw hat to hasten the arrival of summer when my fridge will once again contain a supply of ice cold diet cherry Dr. Pepper. Until then, I'll have a bottle of G, please.

PerfumePatty
PerfumePatty

Funny...maybe it's my skin chemistry, or a bad bottle, but the G Gigli I tried smelled of tarragon scented Roman Catholic church incense! No cherries to my nose. Reminded me very much of the many centuries old churches I visited when I was in Rome, and saw Rennaissance masterpieces by Leonardo, Michaelangelo, Raphael, etc. Pleasant olfactory memory, and I will now think of G Gigli as a distinctly "ancient" scent, but am disappointed in this perfume for my own personal use. I'd classify it as an Herbal Aromatic I smell no flowers, so wouldn't call it a Floral, but again, that's just me.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

Thanks to a generous gift from RkrChk I get to sample this unique perfume. I agree with queenkey this scent is all about tarragon. But to me this is more a scent about camomile although is not listed in the notes. To me it smells like camomile tea sprinkled with some tarragon. It's spicy a bit sweet but also powdery like baby powder. This scent is very Italian IMO. I would say this perfume is soothing. I don't detect any cherry smell in this scent. The opening is a bit chaotic as a lot of smells seem to be competing at the same time I would call it retro. Later it calms down and the notes start to emerge. I think this would be a great scent for summer and spring. It's quite unique as I had never smelled anything like it before.

queenkey
queenkey

The tarragon note always stood out to me. I love tarragon. Another perfume company had tarragon in one of there scents, Manuel Casnova, if I am spelling the name correctly. It was rose with a underlying tarragon note that made the fruity-rose have a adult bite to it!

Fantastic Review Chat!!!

Chat Lunatique
Chat Lunatique

I hope these notes will get looked into and changed; it's no use to play with the what-appears-strongest feature, with so much missing.

Anyway, a cherry scent. And such a divine little fragrance. Do you remember back when fruity did not mean banality? An in the nineties (whence this is from), fruits were popping as top notes of very sophisticated fragrances (think Balenciaga Talisman, or Valentino Vendetta). The market wasn't ready for thin, linear, candied fruit scents; they were just breaking out of eighties perfume aesthetic of heavy, morbid florals, dark-dry spicy Orientals, and all those unsweetened, utterly elegant chypres.

My point is, these first forays into using fruity tartness and fruity sweetness to plan a perfume around were not all that well received. I remember friends I shop with then (how come I always shop alone now? [ oh, now I remember; I don't want my friends to see how much I buy]) picking up the sweeter scents that were appearing in the nineties and gagging. You see, we saw the influx of sweetness and fruits as an affront to our imagined sophistication and elegance... and the tradition we had carried through the eighties. Some Luckily, some of perfumers really did an incredible job of shrouding thie fruit feature in classical elements...to make the change less jarring for us green-chypre-wearing mavens and other traditionalists (Wait, did they always know? all along? That fruity fumes would take over the world? Were they perfumers on Mars. Did aliens send us 'the new aroma-chemicals human perfume manifesto', replete with threats? Do we have hope?

Well, anyway, this little red perfume might be deceiving in its cuteness, but is one of the four really satisfying fruity Orietal fragrances, out of that early effort to construct fruit scents really well. The others out of that 'era' are all pretty great, too.

I uphold similarly are:

Mackie by Bob Mackie
Vendetta by Valentino
Talisman by Balenciaga
Ballade a Venise by Capucci
Yves Richer Shalini
Rose Cardin by Pierre Cardin (another cherry scent!)

Sometimes prototypes stink (and in these instances there was still so much to remove), but this bunch
is really cool.

I decided to look up the notes in one of my vintage books, because there are missing some important notes:

- Fresh wild FIG
- Black current
- Cherry
- Heliotrope
- Iris

QUITE A COMPLEX PERFUME NOT???

Passionflower
Passionflower

Nice scent, but there's something I don't like about it. There's something soapy about it on my skin, and it's probably the hyacinth that doesn't agree with me. Shame.

Translation of ambra's review:

"Ho usato questo profumo anni fa ed era una favola! Peccato non si trovi piu' nelle profumerie! Mi piaceva tantissimo! Un po' dolce-frizzante all'inizio e poi rivelava tutta la sua fragranza era aromatico e caldo!!! LO RIVOGLIO!"

I used this perfume years ago, and it was a fairytale! It's a shame one can't find it anymore in the perfumeries! I liked it so much! A bit sweet-fizzy at the opening and then revealed, the fragrance was aromatic and warm!!! I want it again!

ambra
ambra

delphine67
delphine67

This perfume reminds me of Morocco. Dont know why. But the trees over there smells the same. Maybe the Cedar?

THE BEST cherry perfume ever made. No other cherry can compare.

kastehelmi

Opens overly sweet for me-as a floral with a pineapple top note, the hyacinth, violet and pineapple together just open strong-not with the charecteristic freshness or juiciness of a good floral fruity-or the discretion of the fruit in an oriental blend-it's syrupy and herbal at the same time, with tarragon, and "green notes"....Lemon blends into the scent, but totally under the rule of pineapple. Bergamot is present, but very indisinct, as the opening would be much better if it could manage to have a similar overall scent but bitter and not sticky sweet and slightly heavy.

As the top notes fade, the fragrance improves immensely though-it becomes a unique full-bodied floral with a clear green quality, and I believe cyclamen takes centerstage, with a pinch of all of the other flowers.The scent dries down to a very floral slightly green powderiness, with a subtle woodiness-the comparison to the drydown of She Wood is a good comparison-but it's not a replica at all. The drydown is very much a shadow of the heart notes, very pleasant-a change from the heart of the composition, but keeping the essence. I like it as a straightforward floral-but I would love to find a scent like this with better topnotes-and maybe less pineapple :)

Update: I think cyclamen doesn't take centerstage, perhaps hyacinth...love this after the opening!

If you love cherry's in a perfume, this one is THE ABSOLUTE MUST!!! It is not listed as an ingredient, put is DEFINITELY IS! I have the ingredient list in one of my books and it is mentoined there and for me THE MOST dominant note..

Elisabeth M.
Elisabeth M.

G Gigli is a quite unusual floral scent (as someone else already pointed out earlier)- not too sweet . I like it though would not wear it because it does not fit with my skin chemistry. In the beginning it is a bit strong. My impression when I smelled this the first time was: this smells like inside a flowershop.

markRep
markRep

Just got this in the mail today. I love it so far and can't stop re-applying to get the top notes. You do get Pineapple, floral surges and a little Violette Which quickly mixes with a green herb smell; that is very nice and mellow mixed with the ultra happy flowers. the mid notes on me is a lot of cedar and spicy dry notes with the reapplication it almost turns into a borderline unisex fragrance. Then calms down again into something green with dusty musk's and sandalwood with the barest hint of something sweet and spicy. Wow what a purchase am very happy with it don't know how often I will wear it out but how interesting. Something similar to the mid to base notes would be She wood by Dsquared.(EDIT) As it does also conger the smell of sweet sap poring from the fresh cut of a young tree. Lasted around 5 hours on my skin.

sweet77
sweet77

very nice fragrance. I used it a lot years ago. But today, i can't find it at the perfume shops.
Try it, very nice......

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

А power base smells all day long. M-m-m! I love it!

lilith
lilith

G Gigli is an unusual floral. The top note of pineapple is totally muted by the violet and hiacynth which settles into a sweet bouquet of lily-of-the-valley, rose and jasmine.The usually sharp lemon and bergamot are totally in balance with this array of florals. It has a soft drydown with a powdery hint of sandalwood and musk. An ethereal scent worthy of any self respecting elf or faerie.

G Gigli by Romeo Gigli 3.88 out of 5 based on 59 ratings and 21 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Romeo Gigli G Gigli fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Romeo Gigli G Gigli, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify G Gigli by Romeo Gigli. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of G Gigli by Romeo Gigli represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.