Designers » R S » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Viking Royal Copenhagen for men

Viking Royal Copenhagen for men
dislike

Viking by Royal Copenhagen is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men. Viking was launched in 1999. Top notes are nutmeg, mandarin orange, pepper and cardamom; middle notes are pineapple, juniper berries, lavender, balsam fir and anise; base notes are sandalwood, amber, patchouli, musk, jasmine, oakmoss, cedar and geranium.

Nutmeg Mandarin Orange Pepper Cardamom

Pineapple Juniper Berries Lavender Balsam Fir Anise

Sandalwood Amber Patchouli Musk Jasmine Oakmoss Cedar Geranium

Viking Fragrance Reviews

dremerick
dremerick

I've had this for awhile but waited till I was a full third thru the bottle before posting a review.
I'm not sure I can really add much to the two rave reviews below mine. They are both spot on. Viking is classic, yet modern. An absolute delight. If this were in a Creed bottle, with a Creed monicure, it would be waited on and exhaulted.
Viking . . .a treasure waiting on an island of misfits . . .

seachase
seachase

I agree with the review below....this cologne is pure brilliance.
Unfortunately (or fortunately for the few who know about it) it kind of got lost in the shuffle.
It opens very strongly, with a fantastic blast of juniper berry, balsam fir and oak moss, proudly announcing a retro vibe, but quickly settles into a subtle, one-of-a-kind and very timeless scent. The heart of this fragrance lasted a good 8 hours for me, and it is divine! A superb blend of all the notes in the pyramid above.
The best part of all is that this unique cologne should appeal to the vintage cologne lovers, meaning that it has a wonderful old school vibe, but, it also feels very contemporary, almost niche-like and should appeal to the modern cologne lovers. (Bond No. 9 would be lucky & proud to create something like this)
I personally own over 300 colognes in my wardrobe, and I have never smelled anything quite like this before.
The first day of wearing this I received several compliments. (and every time I've worn it since) It's truly a unique but extremely appealing fragrance.

Update:
After several wearings, the best way I can remotely describe this fragrance is to say, after the powerful opening settles, imagine a perfect blending of "YSLs Rive Gauche" and Hugo Boss' "Baldessarini." (but still remaining very original)
Hopefully that will give you a vague idea of what it smells like.

Scent - 8
Longevity - 8
Sillage - 7

krmarich
krmarich

This brilliant little fougere barely was noticed on the market. I guess it was caught in the perfumageddon of 2000. What a shame! It was totally modern and outside of the trend of sweet aqautics. For the few of us who grabbed a bottle, it is a rare treasure! Pure James Bond...

It opens loudly and spicily. Almost sweet-probably the fruit-orange and pineapple notes that settle down in about an hour. Then you get a walk though a northern pine forest that is brisk and refreshing. It all plays around this fantastic jasmine at the base that stays around for 9 hours or so. Pure quality.

Vikings have a reputation for plundering. This sex bomb is a "cart blanche" to do just that.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Royal Copenhagen Viking fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Royal Copenhagen Viking, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Viking by Royal Copenhagen. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Viking by Royal Copenhagen represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Creed Green Irish Tweed Burberry London for Men Creed Silver Mountain Water Christian Dior Fahrenheit Calvin Klein Truth For Men Christian Audigier Ed Hardy Hearts & Daggers for Him Montblanc Homme Exceptionnel Versace Versace Pour Homme Oud Noir Boucheron Boucheron Burberry Burberry Men Hanae Mori HM Carolina Herrera 212 Men Boucheron Jaipur Homme Perry Ellis Portfolio for Men David & Victoria Beckham Intimately Beckham Men Givenchy Insense Diesel Fuel for Life Homme Yves Saint Laurent Kouros Narciso Rodriguez Narciso Rodriguez for Him Amouage Jubilation for Men