Designers » R S » Citrus « Groups

CJ Black Rue21 for men

CJ Black Rue21 for men
dislike

CJ Black is a modern citrusy - musky fragrance for men with notes of mandarin, lemon and musk. Available as 50 ml EDT. CJ Black was launched in 2007.

Musk Amalfi Lemon Mandarin Orange

CJ Black Fragrance Reviews

winkwinkblinkblink
winkwinkblinkblink

My boyfriend wears this scent and it gets the party started in my pants u know im sayin??? Like take one sniff and its vagina water everywhere.

alightbulb
alightbulb

I am not well versed in colognes, so this review is from a somewhat uneducated point of view.

This is a good smell, not my favorite. But I think it is solid. Not very complex, the website lists all I can smell in it. It has a lot of citrus with a good amount of musk and it smells slightly spicy in my opinion.

A little juvenile, but not bad.

jociebelle
jociebelle

This is one of the most cloying scents in the world. All the boys in high school wore either this or the detestable Axe. It did NOT endear them to me; I didn't mind the scent at first, but the more I endured it, the less I liked it. Even some of the girls wore it. I never understood why it was so popular with so many. It's unremarkable, common, and overdone. Do not wear this anywhere near me if for some reason you wish me to give you the time of day.

abcleo63
abcleo63

The mandarin and lemon smell synethic, but pleasant. The musk drydown is beautiful and is worth waiting for. Longevity is beast mode for me, over 12 hours. This out performs my designer fragrances. For $10, you can't beat this.

jyan727
jyan727

Even though it is a pretty cheap fragrance it still smells pretty decent. Citrus but holds an air of manliness for a teen. Its non-offensive and perfect for work or if you want to smell nice while running errands.
I personally throw it on when going to a store or some place else where I don't care much to impress.
Projection and sillage are ok and on my skin it lasts maybe 4 hours. Perfect for a teenage beginner but I wouldn't expect any ooo's or aahh's at a high school with this one (my 9 year old sister thought it was ok but had no real comment on this one).

Petrichor
Petrichor

CJ Black is as black as the sky at noon in the middle of summer on a day when there isn't a cloud to be found. The only thing black about CJ Black is the bottle. That's not a bad thing, however. Citrus is nice, and that's what CJ Black is.

I mentioned this in my review of Metro Black: Rue21 is a store at the mall. They were running a coupon for $10 off of $20 in purchases. Since their colognes cost $9.99 each for a 1.7oz bottle, I picked up CJ Black and Metro Black, plus a chocolate bar in order to get my total over twenty bucks so I could have the ten dollar discount. That's two bottles plus a chocolate bar: $10.97. EL Oh EL.

CJ Black isn't bad. Then again, it's never a good sign when you're discussing how good something is by pointing out how terrible it isn't. Everybody hates having the flu, but compared to the ebola virus, the flu isn't bad. Compared to smelling like a toxic waste site, smelling like CJ Black isn't bad. In that sense, it's actually kind of nice.

CJ Black doesn't really smell like much of anything. You've got some vague citruses and something musk-ish. But we're talking about mild citrus and some very tame musk. It smells more like amped up dryer sheets. Then again, who doesn't like the smell of dryer sheets? People wouldn't buy them if they didn't smell kind of nice, right? Right!

Another way to put it: CJ Black smells like I paid $4.48 for it (which I did) and the store still made quite a profit (which I'm sure they did). That being said, I'm not a teenager, which means this stuff wasn't meant for me anyway. Also, I've smelled things a heck of a lot worse for twenty times the price. This probably could have been quite good if they'd used higher quality ingredients, but at this price, that's not realistic.

Bottom Line: This isn't bad. Metro Black is better. Neither one is what I'd consider good, but come on... both of them cost me less than $10 combined after the coupon, so it wouldn't be fair for me to have high expectations.

BradleyRay
BradleyRay

The #1 guys cologne from Rue. Every guy that buys cologne usual gets this. I've sold 7 bottles of it in one day before, and that's good for where I work lol. It smells pretty nice and for $10, it's a steal. I'm pretty sure there are some missing notes on that list. I'll get the notes list from the store I work at and see if they match up. 8/10 for me.

Bobster
Bobster

The associate at the gym wears this and it smells awesome on him and it seems it projects well on him. Sadly, I bought a bottle and it does not last on me at all and the projection is capoot. This goes to show you how everyones chemistry reacts to different scents on different people. This smells to me like Liz Claiborne's original curve. I just wish it lasted on me cause really like this scent.

her.story.remains
her.story.remains

My husband wears this and I am all over him. I love love love the smell of it. It's clean, sexy, and just overall great.

We have tried more expensive colognes, but this one is actually my favorite. :)

bay224
bay224

Well i'm over 19 and grown women love this stuff. It is really clean smelling. It is not very strong but it is good. Asked about 20 women(ages 21 - 53) about this and they just love the freshness of it. Really good smell. The problem for me is staying power, projection, sillage, but for something so cheap that is o.k. If a woman gets a whiff of this on you, she is going to tell you that "you smell great/good"

DavidChui
DavidChui

I bought a bottle 4 years ago when it came out. I was freshman year of high school, and at the time, it smelled great! I'm in college now, and I've had more experience with fragrances. I went back to a rue 21 store and tried on the fragrance, but this time the smell was less than impressive. It smelled very juvenile, too poignant, and unrefined. It's a decent cologne for teenagers from 13-17 but anybody over 19 should stay away from such a scent. I now wear Penguin, true religion, and Armani Code. I also keep a bottle of nautica voyage for spring and summer.

MCMXCII
MCMXCII

With this I tell you everything. I was approached by 3 girls from my university all in one day just to ask me what I was wearing. Guys you can't go wrong

melissame934
melissame934

im sixteen and this smells great i cant resist a guy when he wears it. it smells so fresh and clean! perfection in a bottle for such a little cost.I EVEN BOUGHT IT FOR MYSLEF ;)

Another usual fragrance that smells good with citrus and musk combo. A combo that majority of people will find it appealing. While it is not gonna blow anyone's mind, it's better than not wearing anything at all. I used to have it in my car for an emergency situation (last minute date night for instance) It's also relatively inexpensive; perfect for a beginner.

CJ Black by Rue21 3.90 out of 5 based on 42 ratings and 14 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Rue21 CJ Black fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Rue21 CJ Black, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify CJ Black by Rue21. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of CJ Black by Rue21 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.