Designers » R S » Floral Fruity « Groups

dislike

coconut
tropical
milky

Rue21 Twentyone Black is a fragrance for the young and rebellious girls, launched in summer 2010. It opens with fresh notes of orange, dewy green tones and pineapple. The heart features lily of the valley and orange blossom, layered with creamy coconut, woody notes, musk and amber.

It is available as 50 ml EDT.

Orange Green Notes Pineapple

FCUK Friction for Her

Twentyone Black Fragrance Reviews

jreyes366
jreyes366

What can I say about this fragrance that hasn't already been said? I feel that the rue 21 fragrances are very teen friendly, but not very adult friendly. None of them smell 'bad' but they just smell overly synthetic and too cloyingly sweet. But this little gem, is definitely in my eyes, a diamond in the rough. The scent straight from the spray nozzle, is very sweet and almost syrup-like. But, when first sprayed, it's a cool and dry coconut backed with juicy pineapple, unspecific white florals, citrus, and woods. On my skin, the citrus really comes to the forefront to hold up the coconut. The sillage is decent but I feel that it is a little closer to the skin. Longevity is a bit poor, but since it is a 10 dollar fragrances I don't mind reapplying. If you love coconut scents that remind you of a beach, this is for you.

lavendeer
lavendeer

The scent makes me feel nostalgic because I wore this years ago, and it brings back bittersweet and beautiful memories of summer nights and parties and first kisses. recently I was at rue 21 (I dislike their cheap clothes that fall apart but I adore their perfume and jewelry) and I picked up this perfume, that I had forgotten all about.

every time I wear it, I get so many compliments (mostly from men). the fact that it's only $10 is incredible. It definitely doesn't smell like a cheap perfume, and it lasts all day on my skin and clothes. Another thing that's great about this perfume is that it goes with all seasons. It smells feminine and sweet but at the same time it's rebellious and sexy. probably my favorite scent of all time. if they ever discontinued it I'd be heartbroken.

This smells like Banana Boat suntan lotion. It's kind of what I expected FCUK Friction to be, but the red berries in Friction are very prominent to me, making it quite tart.
For 9.99 it's a good casual fragrance or a cheap substitute for Bronze Goddess.

Fragaria
Fragaria

I wanted this the minute I heard about it. Sounded great! I ran into the store and...and...it wasn't for me. I don't find it a scent that appears to cost more than the 10 dollar price tag. Avon has a lot of ten dollar scents that are fabulous. This wasn't even quite a bit nice to me. I will try again sometime, but it didn't do a thing for me this time. I have a lot of cheap cheap scents that smell purdy darn good. I dunno, I'm the only one so far that just doesn't find this nice. It's not horrible or anything, you won't cringe or anything, it's just not a fragrance for me. It smells like a heavy dark coconut scent in a small heavily smoke filled bar, which could be a good thing.... but just isn't this time.

cheerbear8605
cheerbear8605

I love this, I sprayed some today while I was in the store and wow! Definitely smells like coconut and sun tan lotion! I really wanna go back and pick this one up!I wish the bottle was more summer beachy themed though.

lldowdy
lldowdy

I love this scent. It reminds me of Stoke About Life by Bethany Hamilton.

BradleyRay
BradleyRay

the best womens fragrance by Rue, atleast, in the summer. It smells like sun-tanning lotion. Or Lime-Verbena. I absolutely love it. Wish it was summer so I could smell it and want ot go to the beach. Haha.

krayolakolorz
krayolakolorz

A friend of mine from work brought a few of her RUE collection so I could smell it. This one is definitely more masculine than their other scents. Coconut, toasted almond, and some musky undertones. It's rather nice.

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

I really like this scent so far...it smells like creamy coconut but it has a masculine smell to it which actually gives the smell more of a personality...I would recommend this.

kody.thomas
kody.thomas

In the store it smelled woodsy with a little hint of coconut, which is what I was looking for. I bought one and it smelled far more coconutty. I was initially disappointed but on me, it turns creamy and vanilla-y with a hint of amber and smoke. Would definitely buy again

bladesabre
bladesabre

I cannot tell you how much I LOVE this scent!! I totally agree with all the reviews that say this is beach in a bottle and more! Even though it is very similar to Harjuku Lovers 'G', Twentyone Black does not have the soapy undertone that I smell in it, which made me sneeze. I just hope I can continue to buy this on ebay as I know it has been out for a fair while now. I have already bought an extra bottle as back up!

mangosunrise
mangosunrise

This is the perfect fragrance for summer..it smells just like coconut with a little bit of vanilla. It reminds me of sunscreen but in a good way. Its only $10 but it smells like something that would be a lot more expensive. I looovee it

kgloverii
kgloverii

I did my research looking for beach in a bottle, on a budget. The reviews have stated it is not too youthful, sweet but not cloying, long-lasting, and it doesn't smell cheap. I whole-heartedly agree.

I'm mid 30's, I don't want to smell like a cupcake, but I've been craving suntan lotion, beach scents, anticipating summer. Bronze Goddess is on my list, but I'm watching my pocketbook, so I was trying to find something inexpensive, that fit the bill. This is that scent. I'm feeling the beach, I smell the fruit, I can smell faint Hawaiian Tropic, but it's not overpowering, and it doesn't smell like a big bowl of sugar. There's a very sharp note of pineapple in the drydown that is almost nauseating, but it quickly passes, and what's left is a very nuanced fragrance that is extremely complex. I keep sniffing myself, reminding myself that amazing smell is ME...

dmaw
dmaw

I agree that this smells like a high end fragrance!!
Wish I had bought it when I saw it as we also do not have a Rue near us.

missknw12345
missknw12345

I as well agree, it overall smells of coconut but has hidden notes of fruit.I had this for about a year and i kinda mix it up with "Pink Ice." (thumps up if you do too:D)i recently moved and i dont have a rue 21 around here, so im going to prolong the life of my perfumes. Anywho, this scent is amazing and almost tropical without as much fruit.

goingblonde
goingblonde

I had this before it was in the data base.

The SA was trying so hard to sell it to me so for 10 dollars I said why not-she had told me it just smelled of vanilla.

ah but no it smelled like coconut just like LA2000 says it is like suntan lotion scent.

I promptly gave it away , but for anyone liking that type coconut scent for 10 dollars it is a great great deal:)cant beat it.

LA2000
LA2000

If you are looking for a fragrance that has a "Hawaiian Tropic" coconut suntan lotion vibe, this might be the ticket for you. There are fragrances that do this better than "TwentyOne Black"(Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess has a far more sophisticated take on this idea), but none that come in for the dirt cheap price of $10/50ml.

The actual composition is a bit clumsy (there is a melon/cucumber skin note at the top that really rubs me the wrong way), and the unnecessary use of pineapple gives the suntan lotion a bit of a fruity drink vibe, but the overall notion of coconuty, lotioned up summer skin still comes through despite these drawbacks.

As a novelty fragrance, this is a steal. It has decent longevity, and while the coconut lotion impression slowly fades into the background, you are left with a pleasant toasted vanilla/cherry almond finish that lingers for hours.

This is marketed at teen girls, but there isn't anything about it that is any more feminine than actual suntan lotion - so in my book that makes it unisex.

c3c
c3c

For me this scent is simple, BBW Fresh Pineapple meets Pacifica Indian Coconut nectar. Yum! Sweet & coconuty with pineapple until the dry down when coconut stands out more and pineapple takes a back seat. Simple and tropical. I wear BBW FP in summer on hot days and I love it, I'm sure this will be a fabulous summer scent too.

umum_smellsgood
umum_smellsgood

Great for summer! And for the price, you can't beat it. It reminds me of suntan lotion. If I wear this to work, it reminds of being on the beach. LOVE IT. It last well considering it is a cheap perfume.

LibbyLover
LibbyLover

This scent smell has a lot going on. Mostly, it smells of cocnut, but also features orangey smells. It is very potent, however smells very good and last for several hours. Black is a very appealing perfume, but should be worn in fall or winter months.

Twentyone Black by Rue21 4.21 out of 5 based on 95 ratings and 20 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Rue21 Twentyone Black fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Rue21 Twentyone Black, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Twentyone Black by Rue21. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Twentyone Black by Rue21 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.