Designers » R S » Leather « Groups

dislike

leather
salty
S-ex S-Perfume for women and men Pictures

S-ex was launched in 2004. as an unusual unisex blend of notes of oxygen, salt, camellia, willow, white leather, skin musk, strawberry, baroque musk, black leather and malt. Available in bottles of 60 ml. The nose behind this fragrance is Christophe Laudamiel.

Musk Leather Salt Camelia Big Strawberry Woodsy Notes Wheat Bergamot Nutmeg Pepper Jasmine Sandalwood Patchouli Birch

S-ex Fragrance Reviews

Momenti
Momenti

"Minimalistic Musk" ***

Protected sex : this is it.
Although you have nowadays condoms with flavors and so on and so on, this one is a very old kind of condom's smell.
The problem is that body odors are captured by this kind of smell remaining above all others.

Do you like it? At least you are safe.

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

S-ex opens as a rather mild sort of heavily synthetic musk-leather scent on the “bright” vinyl side, unexpectedly quite much similar to Etienne Aigner Black, just a bit more sweet and flowery. That same sort of plastic leather-musk-violet blend with a mainstream feel (which means partially “cheap”, partially “crowd-pleasing”). Smoky, spicy, smooth and gentle but “masculine” as regards of the mood, as much pleasant as frankly uninspired for me, easily lost among dozens of similar cheap synthetic leather scents – as I said, by mentioning leather I mean “polished”, PU-like leather, so don’t think of any Knize and similar (rather as I said, think of Aigner Black if you know it; this is really, really similar to it for me – except for the strength and the price, and guess who’s cheaper and less pretentious). I honestly don’t get half of the notes listed, to me this is just a crippled, barely enjoyable mixture of leather aromachemicals plus musky-floral ones and spices, and that’s it. A smooth skin scent lacking in pretty much anything you could expect, with an intolerably short persistence. The whiff of synthetic breezy “ozone” surely echoes Comme des Garçons offerings as well, just with way less creativity and interest. I can’t see reason to own this, but give it a try (be reminded to be really quick).

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

If you can get past the initial blast of bitter calone, this smells exactly like skin after it has been cleansed with one of those wheat-bran exfoliation creams; Soft, smooth and milky, with hints of some indistinct floral, a sandy cereal note and traces of salt water.

I don't smell anything else listed.

It's pleasant, gentle and intimate, but it's so faint I can only smell it if I hold my wrist to my nose. For the price I'd sooner just buy some body scrub and achieve the exact same effect.

fraspoki
fraspoki

First sniff - nothing at all. I thought that something was wrong with my nose.
Second sniff - got some pleasant but vague sweetish-leathery notes with some milky-melony hues. I thought that probably I came across something highly unusual and even worth splurging on in the future.
Third sniff - a very strong association with a smell in a cheap taxicab: nauseating petrol, sweaty driver, clingy car air-freshener. Even felt something like car sickness.
Don't want any more sniffs.

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

Hard to imagine a perfume that smells less like sex-or less sexy-than this one.

It's a bergamot and strawberry soap opening, with a childish flavored lip gloss edge. No, wait-I have it! It smells of chewable vitamins, the ones that come in pink, purple and orange flavors.

There's nothing adult about this fragrance, let alone musky or musty or seamy or sensual.

becuille
becuille

Like the reviewer below me, when I first sprayed this, I got nothing. I actually wondered if my sample was a dud. But I left it on and about an hour later I checked my wrists again and I got a faint whiff of what I can only describe as mothballs.

There was a slightly sweet edge, but for me, it was mostly musty mothballs. It smells a bit like a charity shop. The only culprit for this I can think of is the "skin musk" listed here as the other accords in this all usually work well on my skin.

It was almost a scrubber, but I left it on because the smell is so faint it wasn't bothering me - you can literally only smell this if you push your wrist to your nose and inhale deeply.

Sprayed on a card, it smelled fresher, but still very faint.

Longevity on me was about 4 hours, sillage next to nothing.

Not full bottle worthy for me.

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

First off, I have to thank one very awesome and gorgeous Fragrantica member for sending me a sample of this one. I was intrigued from the get go and finally put some on this afternoon.

First impressions were pretty damn confusing to say the least. At first, I can honestly say the first 3 words that popped into my head were "What The ****?!". And the reason those three words popped into my head was because I literally smelled nothing LOL.

However, I've had this on for around an hour now and I can smell something subtle - and it's actually really nice. I won't lie, I am not getting ANY Strawberry in this and that's more than OK as that is one note in perfume that has never worked with my body chemistry. What I do get though is Salt, Wheat (Definitely wheat - I knew I was smelling that before I even searched for this perfume here) and Musk. I do KIND OF get a tiny little waft of Patchouli every now and then but it's very, very faint.

When I say this is subtle...I mean it. I asked my husband what he thought and he's really impressed with this one...he says it smells fresh and very sexy...from across the room!??! I wish I had his nose because I really need to smell my wrist several times before I can get a decent whiff of this!

This is weird. Very subtle (to me anyway) - but I love it somehow?! I think it's the fact that this perfume has taken me by surprise in the sense that I can't easily smell it but obviously others can...and to me that's just plain clever! I will update again when I have another go with this sample...this is just so quirky and I'm digging it :)

Matt Oldham
Matt Oldham

Closest I've found to smelling like Swedish Dream Sea Salt Soap (with actual sea salt in it) which is one of the greatest smells of any sort, ever. The smell of the soap is better but it's nice that a perfume approaches it.

alexis_lomakin
alexis_lomakin

Absolutely nothing special; complete lack of originality. Reminds me of so many things invented way before 2004 (when S-ex was launched).
And I'm sooooo surprised that in the book "Perfumes. The guide" Luca Turin has rated this fragrance as a masterpiece!!! Seriously?

ladykarl
ladykarl

bleh. salty and clinical; makes me imagine what might have spawned the blood type perfumes. Not nauseating but i cant really see anything great about smelling salty. May be i can see why as an 'art' project this would seem interesting for a half a second in fitting in with a trend or something, but 'striking' or 'real' are not the vibe i get as if its creator forgot to give it a heart.

angel6
angel6

Tried yesterday and I was very dissapointed because I could hardly smell anything.

S-ex is pop-art. Just like Basquiat, Lichtenstein or even Andy Warhol.

Where brands such as Comme Des Garcons create their own language by introducing alien smells, "environmental odors" and abstraction, Se-x achives a similar result by taking a couple of perfumery pillars and pairing them together for an unexpectedly interesting result. On one side we have the hyper-classic floral-leather structure. On the other, the polarizing, generic, department store-reminiscent and emblem of the 90s: Calone. In this context, Laudamiel is just like Warhol who used to take very popular icons to transform them into "pieces" of art. If you prefer a musical analogy, just think about those musical mash-ups that used to take famous pop-songs and pair them with electronic/avant-garde bases. Among the most successful there was Whitney Houston's I Wanna Dance With Somebody (RIP), layered with Computer World by the Kraftwerk, or the amazing revisitation by Boards Of Canada of the classic Midas Touch by Midnight Star.

S-ex it's just like those mash-ups: it pairs the sacred with the profane. The aristocratic and "cultured" language, with the slang. The dirty animalic notes with the laundered age. What comes out is a destabilizing yet fascinating concoction of sweet/salty plastic-smoky leather, juxtaposed to a fresh marine, fruity/floral vibe that will appeal to anyone who's into the most daring fragrances by Comme Des Garcons and the likes. S-ex stays quite close to the skin, revealing a nice musky quality especially during the drydown. Modern, slightly weird and perfect for metropolitan parties in the most avant-garde clubs around the world. Minimal techno with a tad of pop! The smell fo Berghain.

One of a kind.

Rating: 8.5/10

bronstein
bronstein

This one's declared unisex, but that doesn't mean in can be worn by anyone. In principle I don't like the idea of wearing fragrances only on special occasions - if a scent suits you, then wear it. But in this case, things are different.

Men should wear it only if they feel really sexy. Women should wear it on days they feel really androgynous. In either case, your looks should (i) match and be (ii) 100% perfect. On such occasions, this perfume is the cherry on the top. On any other occasion, don't even think about it.

*****

CastoR&Pollux
CastoR&Pollux

a very woooffffff one - thx christophe ---

i find it very allylcyclohexyle propionate

kisses

s

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

This is a very salty, musky, futuristic, wet space leather...best way I can describe it! I like how it mixes with my own natural scent...very sexy to me, indeed. Definitely unisex and I don't get the strawberries at all. Longevity on me is about 4-6 hours. Glad I got it, but I think the $90 pricetag is a little much for what it is..

adele l
adele l

This is subtle and pretty, and not a leather a la Bandit (which smells like new car leather on me)but one that is easy to wear. I smell something fresh(oxygen?)strawberries which aren't overly sweet and the scent of clean skin. Reminds me of Aura which CL also created- without the jasmine. Soft but present,very comforting and not dirty at all. A very up-close scent which lasts but won't disturb those in your vicinity..nicely done!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about S-Perfume S-ex fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about S-Perfume S-ex, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify S-ex by S-Perfume. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of S-ex by S-Perfume represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.