Designers » R S » Floral « Groups

Orazuli S.T. Dupont for women

Orazuli S.T. Dupont for women
dislike

almond

Orazuli by S.T. Dupont is a Floral fragrance for women. Orazuli was launched in 2005. Top notes are freesia, neroli and bitter almond; middle notes are osmanthus, jasmine and lily-of-the-valley; base notes are musk, vanilla and lemon.

Freesia Neroli Bitter Almond

Osmanthus Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley

Musk Vanilla Lemon

Orazuli Fragrance Reviews

Cyanilla
Cyanilla

After being blown away by the number of praising reviews in here, took a shot at Orazuli, a blind one. First perfume from Dupont, probably the last too.

Well, I for one, don't get the strong opening, nor the white flowers (loove jasmine and freesia, but where art thou?), let alone any trace of bitter almonds. Wafts of musk settled after a blast of alcoholic type of hairspray. Overall, it's like the interior of a hair salon in one's neighbourhood, an idefinite trace of musky-something flowery. The name is gorgeous though, I'll just stop here, too many words for something this bland. Stay discontinued.

LE: the drydown is nice. Giving it another round of tries, now that I'm being stuck with it, might as well live with it.
LE2: Nope, this is not going to work for me, gave it away.

archivist
archivist

This is my week to get lucky, it appears - this is the second inexpensive perfume I've run into this week that made my eyes fly wide open in surprise. I'm honestly not sure what to say about this one, but I'll do my best.

The bottle is cobalt blue glass with gold glitter - sort of like a lapis lazuli gemstone, but they probably could have gone with gold flakies instead of glitter to make it less... Questionable in good taste. Because the bottle is sort of borderline for me, and because the price point was low (blind buy based on reviews here) I just went for it.

It reminds me of something - very powerfully reminds me of something - but I can't quite put my finger on what that something is. I think it miiiiight be Elle L'Aime by LL, but it's also so very different from that one that I'm not sure.

[Edited to add: it's the snowdrop osmanthus tree at my local arboretum, in full flower - that is what this smells just like. I was confused because that osmanthus tree doesn't have any of the apricot/fruit that osmanthus usually presents in perfumery. But this is that tree - white snowdrop osmanthus, with lemony green leaves that are almost as fragrant as the flowers that burst out of it in such profligate amounts of foom! foom! that just looking at the tree makes me smile).

In the opening of this (on me) there is a lot of lemon cream - vanilla and amber make it luminous and warm instead of neon, and it smells a smidge more bitter-zesty than most lemon perfumes, perhaps because of the bitter almond on top of the unsweetened lemon zest. This is definitely not gourmand, regardless of how edible some of the notes look.

I have a hard time deciding which floral is dominant - this is another surprisingly well-blended bottle, with LOTV and freesia and jasmine and neroli pulling their weight equally. It doesn't come off as a white floral, though - the amber and lemon and osmanthus see to that. And the osmanthus has ZERO apricot/fruity overtones to my nose, so if you're concerned about that... Don't be.

To my nose, this reads as a sunny yellow and crisp green scent, sure to get lots of play this spring/summer because I am crazy about warm-weather florals that are more leafy green than petal sweet, they stay fresher.

stella by starlight
stella by starlight

A very well blended floral. Original, long lasting, one of the best from Dupont and sadly discontinued.
Rich but not overwhelming, classy but not stiff.
A real pleasure.

nightcutter
nightcutter

A subtle jasmine scent with a fruity hint. Light and short lasting. Not full bottle worthy IMO.

Glarnere
Glarnere

I have been wanting it for quite long, finally got it! Well, this one is strange... It smells like no other perfume!
First spray is almost too much, so strong, but then in 30 min... i can´t smell it on myself at all, just veeery faint base notes!!! I wonder if others can smell it on me...
I think it smells of... dark blue color, it smells of what it looks like! :)

Karineabdel
Karineabdel

I cannot pût my finger on any particular ingrédient... Only a soft Powdery ans strange smell. I dont find it That great on me.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I have just begun exploring the S.T. Dupont line of fragrances and I have been missing some beauties. Orazuli is a striking and unique white floral. The osmanthus is the star, giving the scent a creamy, slightly indolic topnote. The almonds and lemon keep it from being too sweet and the musk gives it a nice animalic undertone that is really alluring and makes you want to keep coming back to this fragrance. I smell the jasmine bringing a few more indoles to the party, while the freesia acts as a freshener in the background.

The neroli comes out mid-development giving the scent more of a fruity vibe along with the lemon but I do not smell any distinctive lily notes at all. The vanilla in the drydown makes the scent longlasting and warm feeling, but this is not a "safe" purely feminine fragrance. This baby has a sexy little tiger in her tank and I love that bit of sultry, making this definitely NOT your typical white floral. Orazuli is so much more. I'm getting a back up bottle of this while it's still available.

Such a beautiful representation of osmanthus. Orazuli is a deep floral. Osmanthus is obviously the star, but there is also a lovely jasmine in the mix.
The bitter almond note adds a powdery effect and the tiniest hint of maraschino cherries.
Very feminine, very classic. It reminds me somewhat of Givenchy's My Couture, but less cold, less austere.
If you like Gucci Flora but found it somewhat flat, try Orazuli.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

Ok, so here's the thing. The first spritz was a bit like 'whatever'.... Nice but unremarkable.
I forgot about it completely and later on, at work, I asked a colleague what her gorgeous perfume was, I sniffed her neck, (like you do), and it was very nice, but not the perfume that I could smell.

I was baffled until another colleague was asking me something and I thought, mmmm that's it!! It's him. He left and I could still smell wafts of this amazingly heavenly aroma.

Duh!!! It was ME!!!
What the .....?

I can't believe that this £10 bottle of juice is so utterly delectable! How can this happen?
Could it be those beautiful freesia florals in the top notes which head slowly towards a favourite of mine, osmanthus, it couldn't be jasmine because I can hardly smell it but maybe the gentleness of the lily-of-the-valley?
I can't smell lemon but I can smell a faint waft of vanilla and even a smattering of patchouli, but it's not listed.
If this baby were a niche or a Guerlain, it would be a small fortune.
This perfume is a solitary journey for the wearer as it morphs into heavenly aroma after heavenly aroma and I imagine that it must smell different on everybody.
Learning to appreciate a beautiful fragrance is like listening to a song. The first time it probably won't move you, but after hearing it many times, it grows like a flower until eventually you are hooked and every time you hear it you are transported to another place. This sums up Orazuli.

Juliana6
Juliana6

Although it was very affordable, I could place it on the shelf next to the grand French Classics , like Guerlain Mitsouko, Chanel Coco and Dior creations.
I purchased it, sprayed on my scarf and felt that strong, floral, a bit masculine wave coming over me. I went out and the scent became softer, a bit powdery, hugging and "loving". I must say it was the time when everything around was blooming, everything was smelling so divine, and I felt myself in synergy with all that blooming world.
Smells very expensive and classy.
Four days ago at work I caught a whiff of an excellent floral delicious perfume with a hint of an expensive powder. I imagined one of my colleagues who corresponds this image, so I asked what was the name of the perfume. She said he wasn't wearing any perfume. I didn't believe. After some thinking, sniffing and analyzing, turned out that it was actually me and my Orazuli who had left behind this warm, classy trail.

akats
akats

Surprise! The bottle I was gifted from the dearest Yojhi was a surprise but even more was the smell. Yes it is unusual taking for granted that it is a modern offering.
On my skin is soft from the beginning and stays discreet and very subtle for many hours, whereas I can easily "catch" it wafting around me. The combination of osmanthus, fressia and neroli is almost dominant and it could be very vibrant but here, joint with vanilla and bitter almond manages to balance very well. The outcome is a fresh, refined smell which either you can feel it more powdery, or creamy depending on the mood and the weather. Slightly sweet, slightly sour, more abstract maybe, but for sure very noticeable and for everyone. I would say this is one of the safest blind buys!
Personally I would prefer it to have a nerve! an edge to the fresher minty side of neroli or to the peachy transparency of osmanthus before they had been magnetised by vanilla. But this doesn't matter much. It has enough elegant smoothness to be liked as it is.

Planet_X
Planet_X

Very unusual fragrance for S.T.Dupont, very unusual generally, on a strong side, with a certain character and statement, it is clear that better not to buy without test as reviews state - it is very different for each person.

Will describe mine impression. Floral, I got a lot of osmanthus and freesia, yet 10 minutes later huge wet jasmine is coming out, also bitter a bit due to lemon. But then softens by almonds and powder.
As it is so not typical for the perfume-market, the friend of mine, who pretty much on niche and selective side was sure that it must be niche as well. It is not...It is strange mysterious Orazuli.
Actually not surprising - osmanthus is a rare bird in perfumes, also its an expensive ingredient, even its artificial essence is not very common - used for adding "fruity-leathery" feel and depth to the fragrance.
I can imagine it could be signature scent, it could be love for life for someone or it could be too significant to wear for others.

In my collection Orazuli has its place for dark rainy days, when you just want to keep yourself to yourself, like a blossoming jasmine-tree under heavy rain...

lizziekayy
lizziekayy

I don't get anything fruity from Orazuli. Just the almond and florals and a particular floral note that reminds me of daffodils. I wonder if this is osmanthus. It has a comfy musky dry down. Just a little bitter for my taste but kind of classy and inoffensive. I will use up the bottle but I would not buy again.

naide
naide

I have a bottle of this. It is not for me.. anyone like to swap for something fresh fruity/floral pm me. Uk area.

Kittycat63

Orazuli is a really lovely perfume. It's very classy and elegant, light, fresh and sophisticated. I don't really smell a lot of the florals in it but on me the lemon and almond are the predominant notes.

It has very similar components to Joop Femme and I noticed some similarities immediately. Luckily though, the big difference is that in Orazuli everything works perfectly, but in Joop Femme, for me anyway, they don't work at all and I think Joop Femme is a really harsh, unpleasant perfume. To me it also bears some similarity to CK IN2U which is also lemony, a little sweet, fresh, clean and elegant smelling. I love both of them and both are ideal to wear anytime as I can't imagine that anyone would find them offensive in any way. I think they make ideal work perfumes for that reason and are light and fresh enough to carry you through the day easily.

The lemon in Orazuli is softened by the vanilla and amber gives it warmth and depth. It has great staying power and lasts on my skin all day and night without the need to reapply and the longer it's on my skin the better it smells. I think it's great for any age group and has a timeless feel. Because of its freshness and crispness it would be a great perfume for the office, but it could be worn anytime, anywhere!

Given how reasonably priced Orazuli is, it smells expensive! The bottle is really nice too. I'd give this a big 5 out of 5. VERY nice!

melfran
melfran

I like very much powdery fragrances but really don't like powdery and fruity, figure it out with this fragrance .It's too sour on me, ı dont like it.

dina

Tapuz: thanks a lot for the translation...Yes I love the gold dots on the bottle and cap!

tapuz
tapuz

To dina: "Orazuli" means gold and blue from Spanish "oro" - gold, golden and "azul" - blue.

A very nice scent. Powdery and slightly sweet almond and vanilla with freesia and a hint of lemon and musk. Not overly sweet, not cloying at all, a perfect everyday elegant scent.

redrose
redrose

very flowery on my skin.Not at all masculine. A bit fresh but nothing really special.I bought it as a curiosity as was so cheap. Would not buy it again.3/10

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

Orazuli is indeed unisex. it isn t masculin at all, but it isn t feminine neither. it's just an incredible lovely and irrestible aroma of sweet lemonade, osmanthus, powdery white flowers floating on warm balmic almond and musky-vanilla trails. beautiful! utterly in love with it!
sillage niiiice, staying power superbe! 24h later i can still smell it.

dina

Tested Orazuli today, unlike many other reviewers, it doesn't develop as a floral or sweet fragrance one me, rather it turns very powdery on my skin, and by powdery I mean very powdery, in a very good way.

It has a vintage/classic feel to it that makes it really unique, though it reminded me a bit of Dune by Christian Dior.

Like all S.T. Dupont fragrances, it has a great sillage and just a small squirt goes a long way!

Just wondering does anyone know the meaning of the word "Orazuli'?

sablebombe
sablebombe

Well, there I was digging out my perfumes thinking of which ones I should sell to make way for more - so out came Orazuli and I sprayed it on my wrists - WHEW!!! What a blast of jasmine (my hated!!!!) - sell I thought with all glory! But hold on, the jasmine disappeared pretty fast and what was developing was gorgeous - very much akin to Miss Cherie; in fact it isn't so far off as to be a clone!

Simply superb; and for someone who isn't overly keen on florals that is saying something! Not unique as it has, to my nose, that link with Dior's Cherie but quite lovely! I'm keeping this one for the summer - I would probably start the day off with Blooming Bouquet and then layer with this in the early evening! However, this could easily be worn during the day as well......!! Good silage just a bit of a heady, heavy, start up!

I.I
I.I

From today, I am the proud owner of an Orazuli bottle, got it as a Christmas present from a very dear friend.
Many others have already commented on the substanses and the bottle of this perfume.
One thing is for sure, it's an expensive smelling, 'luxury', regal perfume. It reminds me of soliflor niche perfumes, it reminds me also of some Hermes perfumes.
It's a rather mature scent but would suit a younger woman as well.
It's a noticable perfume with a good sillage and longevity but it's not sexy by any means. Be careful, one and only pritz is enough, it can be overpowering.
It brings to my mind a woman with long hair, in jeans and white shirt, with a sawl and sparkling long earrings.

I really like it but I like much more Blance, again by Dupont (in fact I like that last one very very much).

amandame
amandame

on me, has a masculine smell, I gave it to my son. It's not a good combination for my skin. Persistant

vertigo
vertigo

An interesting scent!

The very beginning reminded me of Miss Dior Cherie - sweet, sparkling, girly.
Then the fragrance turned more floral and grown-up.
For my nose, distinct osmanthus makes all perfumes smell somehow cold & luscious, and this is no exception.
Loads of osmanthus, some green notes - green crisp almonds, a touch of citrus ... Quite special.

For a woman who is a queen of the night, but still stays very feminine, benign, radiating with her inner glow.

Somehow doesn't suit me, though.
I think I prefer Nuit de Cellophane for the most beautiful osmanthus.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Orazuli struck me with its quality; refreshing and a little tangy but at the same time gently floral juice. It contains most of my beloved notes; osmanthus, neroli, almond, lemon, jasmine...
Orazuli has never been advertised as much as other designer houses' fragrances, in fact, I have never known of its existence until recently - I purchased a bottle, then another one...and one more :-)
Orazuli has great lasting power and silage - whenever I wear it my husbands keeps sniffing me stating that I smell so freshly feminine lol
Orazuli will certainly appeal to refreshing juice lovers - to me it shares many characteristics with Kenzo Tigre, Euphoria Spring Temptation or Versace Bright Crystal.
I think it will make a great companion during spring and summer months. Inoffensive, yet noticeable.

Kittycat63

Orazuli is a very nice perfume. It's very classy and elegant, light and fresh. I don't really smell a lot of the florals in it but on me the lemon and almond are the predominant notes.

The lemon in Orazuli is softened by the vanilla and amber gives it warmth and depth. It has great staying power and lasts on my skin all day and night without the need to reapply. I think it's great for any age group and has a timeless feel. Because of its freshness and crispness it would be a great perfume for the office, but it could be worn anytime, anywhere!

narcissi
narcissi

It is a great perfume with a long lasting smell.... i put it on in the evening and woke up the next morning still smelling soft and gorgeous :)
a MUST HAVE, as it is not cloying, overtly sweet scent. it is just right and heavily recommended for a first date :)
overall an 8.5/10

tzoutzou78
tzoutzou78

I was expecting something tottally different, based on the reviews here,and since its the time that im looking for a spring everyday day fragrance , i decided to give it achance.Well, its the same as VICTORIA BECKHAM INTIMATE NIGHT. I put them on my wrist and they smell exactly the same.The only difference is the drydown,where Beckhams intimate is sweeter and longer lasting.Wasnt dissapointed because i pretty much like both,but i expected much more from Orazulli ,than a pretty bottle..

sbkoch
sbkoch

Like others, I read the great reviews and bought a bottle without testing first.

It definitely reminded me of a strong elderly lady's perfume. It did dry down to a lighter sweetness without the sharp tones, remaining serious and elegant, but it's not for me: it starts off too heavy, then dries down to too little. I do like the dry-down scent but it's incredibly faint.

baiba_pukite
baiba_pukite

Well, I think I've found my signature fragrance! This one is SO wonderful - it's serious, little old-fashioned, long-lasting, very feminine floral fragrance. Strong, yes, but amazing. Reminds me of Rumeur by Lanvin, only 5 times stronger and longer lasting. Still feel it after 10 hours. Love, love, love this fragrance! And the price was just great, too.

vasvi
vasvi

i dont want it to be discontinued... it is a strong perfume which stays...!!

vuelo
vuelo

Great for evening events, too bad it's discontinued. The osmanthus is wrapped in silver in this one. Gorgeous.

Floral musky fragrance.
On me it smells jasmine and musk. If the musk note was less noticeable, I would like it. I miss some lightness in this fragrance.

Annah7
Annah7

I decided to buy EDP Orazuli upon reading many positive reviews and without testing it first.

I was a little surprised to find it very heavy at the beginning, almost like an elderly lady's perfume.

After around 2 hours it became nicer and lighter, reminding me now of Hermes' Eau Des Merveilles. I guess it must be the lilly-of-the-valley responsible for this.

I like Orazuli the way it smells now,after few hours. It does not smell cheap, rather very elegant. I think I will give it away as it is too heavy for me though.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

Orazuli is a strong green and lily fragrance on me. LOTS of lilies, surrounded by sharp, bitter greenery. It smells like a humid flower garden on a hot summer day, and was a bit close and cloying upon first application. It eventually dries down to a soft lily and vanilla after a few hours, and I like that phase much better. Pretty, but a bit flowery for my taste and wouldn't be my first recommendation for a lily or green scent.

I agree with Darlingbuds.this is perfume you shouldn't smell while your in the shop.(thanks to her for sending me a sample of orazuli,letting me smell it at home)
I always liked this dark,tall,simple and modern bottle.I remember I tested it couple of times at the store,but it didn't do anything to me.it's just too mild for a nose you has been smelling too many perfumes.
but now that I have a sample,it's much easier to judge.
at the first sniff,it smells like jasmine mixed with nail polish(!) or vodka.but if you give it 2 minutes,the first disturbing notes fade away and pure jasmine appears.I can summarize it in two words:"Jasmine and Almond".
it's a warm sweet jasmine which is not that incredible,but it's soft feminine and mild.you won't look like a super star while you're wearing it,but it finds it's own way to make you like it.
generally I'm not a fan of S.T dupont perfumes(may a bit too old fashioned for me),but I like orazuli very much.it's perfect for office days during autumn.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

Dont like it at all.To much floral and nothing else..

Aysu
Aysu

I like it a lot, find it very special and mature.
To me it feels like chypre floral classic. It is a perfect combination of white flowers and bitter almond and has a sort of "sour" smell in a good way, I guess because of lily of the valley / lemon combinaton. This gives it a mature charactere and feels like a classic, or as a scent from 70's. After long hours I start to feel a little vanilla and musk but bitter almond and flowers are still there from the beginning till the end. Bottle is perfect too, lapis color with some gold dust, amazing..

darlingbuds
darlingbuds

Sometimes, on a day when I've smelled too many perfumes, I'll misjudge a fragrance as being 'indistinct', when really it's my sniffer that's no longer making the distinctions. This happened to me with S.T.Dupont's 'Orazuli'. I received a carded sample of this from an acquaintance who'd just blown $500 on, of all things, a USB key from S.T. Dupont. Expecting a fragrance I could probably never afford, I hoarded the sample until a day when I was testing samples. Sniff, sniff. Nice, strongish, flowers. . .. what else? Nothing. It was just... OK.

Months later I found a large-sized bottle of the EDP in my favorite discount store. Hey, there's Orazuli! What?! Only $16? Gorgeous lapis-coloured bottle -- hey I'll spring for it. The next day I devoted my entire body (as opposed to a section of my forearm) to the perfume and lo! an angel appeared! 'Orazuli' was a poem of dependable meter, flowing persistently and effortlessly from its bitter almond floral beginning to an unmuffled osmanthus in the heart. Maybe that did it: I'm a sucker for osmanthus. It isn't a creamy osmanthus so much as an edgy floral one tempered by the lemon in the basenotes. I felt very classy wearing this, and decidedly un-American (not that those two are mutually exclusive of each other!). Classy and earthy.

As the first reviewer commented, this seems a bit strong at first spray, but truly, it's not so much that as it is *concentrated* -- an EDP of which a little goes a long way (I have yet to see 'Orazuli'in anything less than the EDP).

How I almost missed this one! And such a bargain too. I have heard through the perfume grapevine that this is, or will be, discontinued so perhaps that accounts for its present affordability. I'm grabbing another bottle if I see it again. So, even if I can't afford the USB key that's more than my car payment, at least I might smell like I can.

mackie
mackie

It strong when you first spray but it calms down to a nice soft scent in a couple of hours. Perfect for dinner and a movie.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about S.T. Dupont Orazuli fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about S.T. Dupont Orazuli, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Orazuli by S.T. Dupont. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Orazuli by S.T. Dupont represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.