Designers » R S » Oriental Woody « Groups

S.T. Dupont Intense Pour Homme S.T. Dupont for men
dislike

leather
S.T. Dupont Intense Pour Homme S.T. Dupont for men Pictures

S.T.Dupont Intense Pour Femme and S.T.Dupont Intense Pour Homme make a new luxurious duo by the house of S.T.Dupont which continues tradition and shows the art which has been inherent to this house for years. Aromas of the new fragrance nurture the style of previous compositions created in ultimately elegant way.

Masculine edition of Intense duo, S.T.Dupont Intense Pour Homme, is constructed as a woody-oriental fragrance created in cooperation with perfumer Christophe Raynaud. The fragrance is balancing between passionate, temperamental rhythm and absolute elegance. Top notes will cheer you up with lemon, bergamot and lavender, which leave aromatic and luminous effect in the very beginning. Connection with a heart of the fragrance is created by spicy touch of saffron combined with orange blossom. Base notes introduce a passionate, masculine layer of tonka, styrax, cedar, musk and amber, along with clear leather accords. Its flacon is also coloured in dark blue and crowned with a silver stopper. S.T. Dupont Intense Pour Homme was launched in 2009.

Lavender Bergamot Amalfi Lemon

African Orange flower Saffron

Musk Virginia Cedar Amber Styrax Tonka Bean Leather

S.T. Dupont Intense Pour Homme Fragrance Reviews

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

The Intense version of S.T. Dupont pour Homme opens nearly exactly as the reformulated version of Rochas Man, just a bit less gourmand and more dry, a bit more musky, more leaning towards synthetic leather and saffron. Overall a bit more cheap and plain too; but the similarity is quite evident for me. Take away a bit of Rochas Man’s vanillic coffee and replace it with a dusty accord of amber, saffron and violet. If you know Jil Sander Man from 2007, that would be the ideal factor to add Rochas Man to obtain this Dupont Intense – the leather-saffron-violet part. If you don’t know these fragrances, well then here’s Dupont Intense: a warm, dusty blend with a gourmand vein featuring lavender, smooth woods, sweet notes of vanilla and tonka (more providing just a light warm whiff of Oriental sweetness), that leather which was in fashion some years ago (not a “lived in” rusty leather accord, rather a sort of polished, velvety, synthetic vinyl-like leather smell), some “laundry musk” and a powdery accord of violet and saffron, maybe some incense too. And a ton of ambroxan too for me, as there is a strong feel of dusty amberiness embracing these few main notes.

Some traits do remind me also Body Kouros as other reviewers mentioned online, although it seems to me a really subtle similarity limited to some lavender-musk-incense nuances – subtle, but surprisingly similar indeed, especially in the very last drydown, with that exact same of “gassy” texture (by the way, the drydown smells a bit like Bulgari Black, too). Anyway: overall a smooth, mellow, quite sweet but “manly” enough Oriental fragrance for men, smoky but crisp and gentle, a bit cheap and derivative but really decent for me. It’s refined and versatile, it projects good and lasts quite long. It is really too similar to Rochas Man minus what makes Rochas Man so special for me, so it’s maybe a bit boring if you’re a fan of Rochas, but it’s nice and totally respectable for the price. The kind of stuff you often find among niche scents at triple the cost.

6,5-7/10

siririschmoos
siririschmoos

Yikes! A lavender bomb for the first 30 minutes or so. I was advised by a fellow fragrance connoisseur that it settles down and the leather will come through. Well I gave it some time and I just did not see an improvement. Yes, it's an Intense version but the aroma instead of being strong or being increased just seems "perfumy" to me. Sorta like a generic mature woman's perfume bag. Generic at best and another Dupont scent that just does not deliver, in my mind.

Stormstryk
Stormstryk

This was a blind sample buy based on the notes. Really enjoyed the richly balanced top notes that I wish could have stayed present even longer. That said, the slow and gentle shifting through the levels was yummy throughout. Definitely not gourmand scent at all. Lovely incense notes with warmly balanced accords throughout. This could become a new signature scent, though I wish the sillage was a bit bigger.

pronose
pronose

the scent is very close to lamborghini mitico!!!! for a dupont doesn't reach my high expectation!

RobbieX
RobbieX

Intense is a pleasing, sweet and well crafted oriental. An opening of tonka, vanilla, orange and slight almond. Then the tonka continues and some licorice comes through. The final drydown is a soft, dry vanilla, licorice and woods pretty close to the skin. Longevity and sillage are moderate. A little like Body Kouros (although BK is better) and maybe a bit of Avon Tomorrow in there too. Overall, a nice light, mellow, pleasant, spicy and sweet oriental, I'm glad I bought this one. And, to be honest, it's one of the best orientals for me. It's a perfect cologne for Winter.

Forewer
Forewer

INTENSE!
NOT INTESE!

Ovaltine Jenkins
Ovaltine Jenkins

This is light. Don't see why this can't be worn year round in spite of what the poll says. I like it a lot. It reminds me of Rochas Man - before the drydown. So you won't get any gourmand vibe here, just warm sugary goodness all the way through.

crusier
crusier

it is my favorite to wear , but still so light

vizestro
vizestro

Off the top this one reminds of Dior Homme Intense without the make-up accord(iris) non the less its a great smell for the colder season. Very pleasing.

Not strong but heavy and deep scent. It's not for everyone but still should give it a try. To my surprise, it reminds me of Bond No.9 Brooklyn as it dries. The leather accord may be the reason why.

scenturian
scenturian

Free small sample of this was given to me when I was buying another cologne.
Incensy dark top and mid notes are similar to Dior Fahrenheit Absolute which I dont like at all, but the drydown is much better than DFA.
Sillage is not that bad but longevity is weak.

guest_salim
guest_salim

how much is this one now ?

guest_Aburayan73
guest_Aburayan73

I was in a perfume store planning to buy Altitude private, but when I smelled this S.T.D Intese
I found myself taking it with no hesitation,really it is one of the greatest perfumes.

S.T. Dupont Intense Pour Homme by S.T. Dupont 3.75 out of 5 based on 53 ratings and 13 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about S.T. Dupont S.T. Dupont Intense Pour Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about S.T. Dupont S.T. Dupont Intense Pour Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify S.T. Dupont Intense Pour Homme by S.T. Dupont. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of S.T. Dupont Intense Pour Homme by S.T. Dupont represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.