Designers » R S » Floral « Groups

Signature S.T. Dupont for women

Signature S.T. Dupont for women
dislike

Signature S.T. Dupont for women Pictures

Signature by S.T. Dupont is a Floral fragrance for women. Signature was launched in 2000. The nose behind this fragrance is Bertrand Duchaufour. Top notes are aldehydes, tulip, nutmeg, violet, peach, bergamot and tangerine; middle notes are magnolia, iris, orchid, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are sandalwood, amber, musk, vanilla, vetiver, cedar and brazilian rosewood.

Aldehydes Tulip Nutmeg Violet Peach Bergamot Tangerine

Magnolia iris Orchid Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Sandalwood Amber Musk Vanilla Vetiver Cedar Brazilian Rosewood

Lelong Pour Femme

Signature Fragrance Reviews

krmarich
krmarich

I have been curious about Signature since I passed it on the shelves at my local Marshalls in 2002. I Purchased and love Signature for men. Now, this forgotten treasure finds its way into my hands.

The bottle is clever and reminds me of a vintage cigarette lighter or inkwell. It contains a big modern floriental that commands your attention. ST Dupont was a major player on the stage of the 21st century. The nose is Bertand Duchaufour, who has since risen to stardom in the niche market. This was his calling card.

It opens with a blast of modern citrus, peach and tulip. The tulip is synthetic and quite accurate, as this note is impossible to produce naturally. It is accompanied by nutmeg and white pepper. The aldehydes are discreet this time.

Then there is that tactile orchid that seemed pervasive at the turn of the century. Orchid is another note impossible to produce naturally, and here it becomes soapy blending with the jasmine, rose and iris.

This rests on a waxy lipstick rose base that lasts for hours. I suspect the violet helped with this delightful effect. Rosewood, amber and cedar keep the flowers present until it finally vanishes the next morning. For an extra treat, this layers well with Signature for men to produce a lavish oriental that is perfect for a cold winter night.

YSL Nu, L'Or de Torrent and others followed this modern, very French trend that the US market didn't understand. Enter The IFRA and these beauties sadly vanished. For those of you with intelligent, progressive noses, track down a bottle.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

I was gifted this perfume by a lovely fragrantica (thank you Yohji)
Initially I thought it was an innocuous kind of smell and indeed, I believed that I was anosmic to the notes. I couldn't even smell the aldehydes which is unusual as I am not a fan of them.
After about 15/20 minutes, the notes began to unfold themselves and it was like I was walking in a beautiful garden full of exploding spring flowers. This explosion of fruit and florals was such a pleasant surprise to me, that I was completely bowled over.
The smell of this perfume is softly beautiful and the composition and intensity develops with time. Tulip as a flower, has a very subtle smell, but this fragrance really brings out the aroma.
The top notes are very complex, there's a lot going on, I admit that I don't get too much of the citrus or bergamot, but the genius of this scent is the quietness of the blend. Nothing stands out in a bad or screechy way.
This is not a skin scent, or a weak perfume, it is strong and heady with a great silage and wonderful longevity. I put this on this morning and it's even stronger 8 hours later.
The base of this perfume is woody, powdery and sweet. I really love this perfume for its complexity, originality and it's refinement.
This may be a vintage scent, but it doesn't have an old fashioned smell to it. This perfume is ageless and timeless and is a classy, refined and delightful little beauty and I love it!!

passionata20
passionata20

26.april 2014

I have this fragrance for several years in my collection, i have recieved a full 100ml bottle as a bonus from one generous seller, and i never bothered to try it on even, since i wasn´t impressed with what i smelled from the spray nozzle and then i have got a comment about this scent about being nothing good and very specific from someone who used to own this, so i lost my complete interest for this fragrance after all.

Now yesterday i was in a hurry and lately i also feel a little bit sick, so the wide selection of perfumes that were on the "most used lately" shelf made me sick jut by looking at them so i decided to dig into the box with my "never been used" scents. This one came as a choice to wear. I have sprayed it about 5 times on myself and went out to the city center. At first i didn´t smell much anything so i was dissapointed, thinking that all the comments about this fragrance were right - nothing special. Then, just about 10 minutes later i started to smell something very delicate, yet unusual: the smell of sour tulips!! And it is a springtime outside (however it is still quite cold) and i just recently came back from Amsterdam and saw enourmous amount of tulips everywhere there, so i instantly recognized the scent of tulip. For me tulip is the flower of spring (at least our northern european spring), so this fragrance fits perfectly for the present weather.
I can sum it all up by saying that this is indeed a smell of musky-sour tulips, i don´t get any peaches at all. Nutmeg -? well only as a hint of it probably, but a lot of tangerines and musk and of course tulips. I am bit lazy today, so i won´t go into details and etecting sub-notes, however i have read on russian Fragrantica, that this one has a smell of a "lipstick", and yes, i do think it indeed has the smell of a waxy lipstick, or maybe even a scented lip balm. I was puzzeled by what does this scent reminds me of, until i read those comments and - bingo! I enjoyed wearing this fragrance very much, i felt different, but nothing oldfashioned or outdated, but alos not-ordinary as well.

Longevity is good, up to 6 hours and more and sillage is bit more than moderate. I have been complimented thrice yesterday for wearing this fragrance and it doesn´t happen often, so it sums a lot things up.
A keeper for sure!

Planet_X
Planet_X

Bertrand Duchaufour, who created so many wonderful compositions, including S.T.Dupont Femme (a great one!) have done amazing job with Signature in 2000. But they are completely different scents.

I love the fact that not many people are familiar with it. So when you will wear it - you will be realistically very different in a best possible perfume-wise way

Tulips in a rosewood, tangerines and peaches in soft spices,- thats what is your Signature.
So if to say in a few words - its Spicy Sweet Tulips with fruits. Warm, happy, with touch of lipstick, my love at first sniff.
If to combine it with male version of Signature , it gets smoky and sooooo seductive.
No, dont buy it. I want to be the one.

irin_ka
irin_ka

To me it is sweeter version of S.T.Dupont Pour Femme. Plus lots of peaches. I think this combination of rosewood/cedar/sandalwood/musk/jasmine(sometimes magnolia and lily-of-the-valley instead of it) is very distinctive in most of their perfumes.

bookwyrmsmith
bookwyrmsmith

Less interesting than Ellen Tracy and ET Peoney Rose ,Signature is a very Dull floral composition on my skin. Phooey!! I was hoping for a rich woody floral!
This should be safe for the office -as long as it doesn't bore you to sleep!

Kitty Meow
Kitty Meow

Even when wearing it I can't smell it. Not strong enough. Found it at Marshall's and that's where this is going. Its just another weak flower. Don't waste your money on this one.

Reading some of the reviews for Signature I feel like I must be smelling something different because I find this to be a very rich, strong, spicy, fruity perfume. I can barely detect any floweriness (is there such a word?) through the fabulous, huge, nutmeg and peach scent. I have been wearing Theorema all day so it's not as though I am being oversensitive to those notes!

After two hours floral aspect peeps out, but for me this is a spicy, fruity amber all the way.

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

Very soft, a little flowery, a little peppery,with a hint of lemon and vanila. It is ideal for the office, not annoying, not so noticeable , until somebody by axident lean closer and ask:what is your perfume name? All you need to answer: "This is my signature"

melinamelp
melinamelp

Classical scent for floral fruity lovers

olga1780
olga1780

Signature is a very elegant warm floral, a little on the oriental side, probably because of the nutmeg. Very smooth and easy to wear,but I would not call it nondescript or boring. It is just a very likeable fragrance, not one of those of aquired taste.
Great sillage and longevity on my skin....I consider 3-4 hours pretty decent.
This house has been a great discovery for me and I keep exploring it. Very beautiful fragrances.

mahanta
mahanta

According to the Perfumed Court, it's a floral woody musk type. The beginning and drydown is a bit similar to Joop All about Eve; the middle notes are stronger and spicier. I like it very much; it's nothing exceptional, but a very wearable and inoffensive everyday fragrance, might go well both in summer and winter and suit both younger and more mature ladies.

megannsmom
megannsmom

I got this one today and I am really liking it. I was expecting something a bit spicier due to the nutmeg, cedar, vetiver and rosewood notes, but on me it is a soft, elegant and very feminine floral scent. Not exactly a "mature" scent, yet would be appropriate for an afternoon with the *ladies*, quirking your little finger whilst drinking tea. :) I prefer scents with a bit more edge, but this is a refreshing change of pace. Adorable bottle as well....with it's little flip top cap!

knit_at_nite
knit_at_nite

In cold weather the nutmeg and woody notes really pop in Signature. In summer it would be way too heavy a fragrance, I think. And although aldehydes are listed in the top notes, it does not have either the soapy or powdery "vintage perfume" quality generally associated with Aldehydes.

In some ways it reminds me of L'Or Torrente, without the coffee note creamy and warm without being too sweet.I think it is more of an oriental floral than a straight-up floral.

noharadwan
noharadwan

yes i agree with you krisiva ,its nothing but very obvious flowery notes , nothing special orinspiring . i used to have it years ago , but now its not my type,also the name isn't matching at all !!

krisiva
krisiva

I received Signature in a swap, without testing. Based on the reviews I was expecting soft delicate scent with brighter top notes. But for me it is a sharp flowery scent with some spicy hints. I can smell some violet, iris, lily-of-the-valley and probably rose. I cannot detect any fruits, although they are listed among the notes. The dry-down is musky with a hint of vanilla. The overall combination is quite feminine and elegant. It may be nice in summer, but definitely is not my signature scent.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about S.T. Dupont Signature fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about S.T. Dupont Signature, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Signature by S.T. Dupont. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Signature by S.T. Dupont represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.