Designers » R S » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Signature for Men S.T. Dupont for men
dislike

smoky
Signature for Men S.T. Dupont for men Pictures

Signature for Men by S.T. Dupont is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for men. Signature for Men was launched in 2000. The nose behind this fragrance is Richard Herpin. Top notes are lavender, tarragon, pepper, basil, grapefruit and lemon; middle notes are birch, carnation, cinnamon, incense, heliotrope and geranium; base notes are tonka bean, amber, patchouli, benzoin, vanilla and cedar.

Lavender Tarragon Pepper Basil Grapefruit Lemon

Birch Carnation Cinnamon Incense Heliotrope Geranium

Tonka Bean Amber Patchouli Benzoin Vanilla Cedar

Signature for Men Fragrance Reviews

perfumemory
perfumemory

I will not go into scent analysis here. I will just say, I love it, I absolutely love it. Signature is not my everyday or work frag. It's for PM, it's great for special occasions, including that when you need to indulge your senses. I would say it is more of a cold season fragrance, but it work well for every season, at least for me.
It's said to be balsamic, maybe so... but I would also call it gourmand/ spicy / almost-Oriental. It's probably not part of Fragrantica Arabica (sweet-oud-ish, kind of frags), but it's halfway there, between the 1800's France and Near East.

Mojtabaa

It's a shame and a sad fact that this excellent perfume is dicontinued.

While it is warm and balsamic despete S.t Dupont pour homme, their have a common soul.

I mean there is a trail of luxury and smoothness in these two which seems it is the sign of this luxurious house. Both smell velvety like their boxes.

If I were in place of Dupont decision makers, I would not discontinue ths perfume, maybe I would put one of the Dupont Passengers frags aside.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

For me, this scent is plain *odd*. Odd – nearly weird – opening, odd evolution. The opening is a striking circus of woods, floral notes, pungent herbal notes, all wrapped into a creamy-powdery frame; I get ginger, sandalwood, cedar, something mossy underneath, “barbershop” flowers (carnation and lavender), bittersweet pungent herbs, powdery heliotrope, a whole spicy accord (the sweet type – cinnamon and tonka above all), musk, a smoky feel... complex to say the least. I wouldn’t say this smells completely wrong, as it kind of works (*kind of*), but the first minutes sound honestly a bit messy to me. Like a bunch of different perfumes fighting under your nose to get your attention. Apparently finally all voices manage to tune in on the same tones, still a bit clumsily but decently overall, and Signature focuses on a warm, mellow, smooth powdery-spicy-ambery-barbershop blend of sweet spices, heliotrope, amber, woods, greenish hints and the combo carnation & lavender. So try to imagine a bridge connecting some late ‘80s - early ‘90s classic masculine scents like Zino Davidoff or Heritage, with early 2000s trends in masculine perfumery – a more transparent texture, incense, creamy-powdery notes. Fascinating and even a bit nice, but... I don’t get why, but something seems wrong here for me. Not all the fragrance, but some parts of it. Maybe the juxtaposition isn’t that well enginereed, but I feel something smells just out of place, thus disturbing the overall harmony. It’s like an amateur chorus at their first rehearsal day – cacophonic at first, somehow barely decent at the end of the day, surely not ready yet for a Deutsche Grammophon recording session. Or whatever else; for some reasons, I can’t truly like Signature despite I like many nuances here. It’s like if they aren’t meant to be in the same bottle. However aside from this, the scent itself seems good quality, many notes smell rich and really nice, so I wouldn’t define this a “cheap” scent overall. Just partially, or maybe I don’t get it and it’s fantastic instead. By the way this doesn’t smell that similar either to Envy Men or Carven Homme to me, there’s just a bit of creamy woods and spices but also so much more here (and not in a positive meaning).

Mojtabaa

ادکلنی خوشبو با بوی گرم و شیرین.
فکر کنم برای کسانی که سردرد عطری دارند سردرد بیاره.

در کنار اون شیرینی و گرمی بوی چوب توس هم حس میشه

بوی باکلاس و شاید کمی قدیمی داره یعنی به درد زیر 25 سال نمیخوره بنظرم.

حیف که دیگه توی بازار نیست و الا جزو کارهای خاص هست.

فکر می کنم دوامش مثل بقیه کارهای این برند خوب باشه با پخش متوسط کمااینکه آرای دیگران هم این مسئله رو تأیید می کنه.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

If it were not for Givenchy PI and Boucheron Jaipur being released 2 years earlier this would be a mega hit! Too bad St. Dupont is not a well known brand but this is the best oriental I have smelled. I have had it for about 6 or 7 years but rarely reach for it. It is rather sweet but the spices tame it it so it never becomes cloying like the other 2 can be at times. Very unisex and a crowd pleaser during cooler weather. It's still available via Ebay and can be found at reasonable prices if you have patience. At least pick up a mini and you will not regret it!

Planet_X
Planet_X

Most magical, intriguing, seductive and mysterious scent I ever experienced. Pure pleasure to wear by myself and absolute indulgence to smell it on a man you care for.

It has specific intelligence and aristocracy of old Dupont's house.
Signature ticks all my boxes– smokiness and masculine flowers, birchwood and incense, warm ambery-peppery drydown. A prince among orientals. And just the one in the world of men fragrances if to consider how smoothly its been made. Some ppl compare it with Gucci Envy for men, some with Opium pour Homme, - nope. Its better.
20/10 from me

VanAllan
VanAllan

Got a small (30ml) bottle a week before Christmas, due to its good price and the reviews read all over.
An elegant oriental fragrance that features (on my skin) mostly its flowery spicy-balsamic-ambery notes, in this order. Less vanilic/flowery than Jaipur PH and more spicy-ambery than Jacomo for Men. Heliotrope, birch, incense and benzoin are also present but more in the background, giving to the whole a nice sweet-balsamic support. Pretty linear from the spicy semi-aromatic top to the creamy-ambery drydown, good for close encounters and cold weather on special occasions. My rank 7.7/10 ☣☣☣

williamvargas
williamvargas

got a 5 mil bottle to try , just curious. pleasantly surprised how nice fragrance this is. has all the quality of some of the finer fragrances I have tried. the price point made me curious to try this one. I would wear this. worth a sniff. surprised that I have not run across this one before, I am sure there are many scents that smell along these lines. very nice and a worthwhile scent to try. got it very inexpensively. may consider a purchase. just need to compare it to some others that I have , but if I was just going off of whether or not I like it after sniffing it. then yes I like it.
aromatic warm fragrance a bit spicy but in a good way. I would say masculine type , hairy chested ..lol.. would have been great for the macho disco dude. good stuff. still on the fence as to whether I need it.. I have these types already but if you don't have something along these notes it seems to be available reasonably on line.. I was complimented on it, I think would be a great fall winter type or a night out would bode well for this scent. I got excellent projection from it and my wife like it so that is always a bonus.. try one of the many minis I saw listed on line.. quality seems to be there..it does smell natural to me and pretty well blended.

FRAGRANCEZ
FRAGRANCEZ

Very rich and elegant plus inexpensive. Better than many popular perfumes.

krmarich
krmarich

Hot in the footsteps of Boucheron Jaipur PH came Signature. The oriental had been rediscovered for men. Why didnt it catch on? I discovered it in a closeout store and immediatley fell in love with this charmer! Sadly, its no longer on the market.

It is clean, not soapy during all stages. The spices are quiet with the creamy woods and vanilla taking center stage. There is a smokey warmth to it that resembled toasted almonds(heliotrope?) and that familiar "pencil" note that always takes me back to grade school. There is a polite amount of patcholi that carried this wonder on your body for hours. Sexy, demure and now ever so rare.

The bottle resembles an ink well. Its heavy and masculine. On snowy days this warms me nicely. If you get the priveledge, indeed try Signature PH.

PSILOVEFRAGRANCES
PSILOVEFRAGRANCES

Very rich and sweet. Heavy if over-applied, so be careful. To me, a very amber-y oriental. Quite pleasing, but very sweet.

First off, I finally found a big bottle online(overpriced). Next, this is my signature-literally! No other oriental has come close to this. I flirt with Opium Ph, find Jaipur PH to heavy and Heritage too light(It works like an oriental for me, even though its not). Shalimar is too feminine/recognizable to wear in public. KL PH is too sweet, dated and rare(discontinued). This one fits like a pair of custom made shoes.I picked up a small bottle at a local close out store in 2003 and thought, I would find more at that price. I was a fool! Whoever makes the decision at ST Dupont to discontinue this was somewhat of a genius. Fate led me to a 3.3oz. My big bottle will last for years.

I you ever meet me in public, this will be what I have on. The nose must have had me in mind.

maiker
maiker

Really nice fragrance, is a secret that ill never forget. and it lost in your mind, love it,

denmaz
denmaz

this is warm n sweet, really classic masculine. well, if i can't get this one, Aigner Pour Homme will come as a subtitute.

Veedabestchef

Signature is also a good name because it can be a signature scent..also alot of of people dont own this..Its not very popular around but its the best romantic scent out there.Ill definitely keep this a secret fragrance.. Very romantic and special fragrance...

this fragrance is under the radar (it hides its wonderful scent, unless you search for it)

Veedabestchef

this is very romantic scent..its really good for winter scent or going on a special date..its sweet and i can smell the insense on it and touch of vanilla, cinnamon to soften them up.. i didnt find out about this fragrance until today.. and its been around for 10 years now. this fragrance has a beautiful notes.i wish i found this a long time ago..very nice relaxing romantic scent..

ahmed ehab
ahmed ehab

this really does not get wat it deserves :(

it is really good

Aristo
Aristo

... atmosphere times of Alexander Dumas ...
Oh, the eternal capitalism's profit - there is no aristocracy and style ...
Why was murdered this masterpiece? (

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

heavy,a colder weather fragrance for sure.it does have a lot of class though

guynspfld
guynspfld

This is a very traditional male frag. When I bought it; it was a little to mature for me, but now I find it great to wear for winter evenings out. Cedar and Amber are evident as is incense. Really a good one to own. Not for everyday, but still highly recommended

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about S.T. Dupont Signature for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about S.T. Dupont Signature for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Signature for Men by S.T. Dupont. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Signature for Men by S.T. Dupont represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.