Designers » R S » Chypre Floral « Groups

Moonstone Sage Machado for women

Moonstone Sage Machado for women

Moonstone Sage Machado for women Pictures Moonstone Sage Machado for women Pictures Moonstone Sage Machado for women Pictures

Moonstone is the birthstone of September. Like the opalescent gem for which it was named, Moonstone is a lustrous, incandescent fragrance of ethereal beauty. It opens with narcissus, followed by gardenia, and then the base of amber, vanilla, musk, oakmoss and tobacco flower.

Available as 50 ml EDT and perfume oil roll-on.

Musk oak moss Amber Vanille Tobacco blossom

Monyette Paris

Moonstone Fragrance Reviews

I guess I am lucky because these little gems last all day on me. I usually shy away from gardenia frags but this one does not make me wince. I think the oakmoss and vanilla balance it out. love,love

This Moonstone perfume oil from Sage Machado smells unexpectedly nice. I'm not sure why I was expecting not to like it, to be honest. Maybe because I have the candle and was not sure that it would work as a perfume? Well, what matters is that I do like it.

The composition is definitely more floral than chypre, but it's not sharp at all. I would not necessarily characterize this as a gardenia perfume, as some reviewers do, but more like a bouquet of flowers in an ambery base. It's warm and comforting, like an oriental floral--except not as sweet as those usually are.

The sillage is great, as is the longevity in this perfume oil format, which I highly recommend by the way (more than the edt). As the oil heats up on my neck I keep catching tiny wafts of the scent. I like Moonstone, I do.

Moonstone is a wet gardenia, sprinkled with a green dewiness and softened by the tobacco flower at the base. Very straightforward and a little quirky in drydown, but a great addition to any white floral afficionado's wardrobe. My second favorite gardenia after Monyette.

Moonstone smells heavenly. For all of five minutes. Sage fragrances have NO lasting power, and I expect more for the money I shelled out for a teeny bottle of oil.

All in all, a great idea, wonderful notes...not worth a dime. What's the point of a fragrance one can't smell?

I've been searching for a gothic gardenia, and thought I'd found it here. Bummer.

True floral and comforting and it lifted my spirits today. I smell the narcissus right away, which to me smells like honeysuckle. Reminds me of California valley summers. Dries down to a light musky amber reminiscent of a very subdued Samsara sandalwood, which is nice on me. Can barely smell it after 3 hours, so therefore a little expensive at 1.7 oz EDT $50, but maybe I'll just use more next time or consider the perfume. I have a few gardenia samples to get through before I decide which one gets my dollars. I'm certainly ready to pay for Chanel Gardenia at twice the cost! Eeeep.

As they say~chemistry is everything! On me this soars softly, beautifully. It's exquisite,and in the beginning even a bit fragile.

The Gardenia floats out of the topnotes like a flower from another realm. A complete fantasy flower equipped w/movement and voice. Thankfully w/a voice in this range she doesn't shriek like so many white florals can do. Thanks to the basenotes she enters into the earth realm and actually becomes somewhat grounded. She ends up w/in a short distance of a vanilla pod that seems to be flirting w/a tobacco leaf. Nothing serious obviously as the leaf doesn't stick around too long.

I get an intimate dance between the gardenia and the vanilla pod w/the other notes playing the soft background music. They are indeed somewhere tropical and only have eyes for each other as they sway to and fro. I would've never guessed that gardenia would take the lead. Apparently she's a very liberated beauty.........

Eventually amber enters the seen and brings a nice resonance to the band. When you're in a relationship~it's very important for it to have some depth.

This is too dense & woody to be "ethereal." It is pretty, if you give it some time. What I really like is that on initial application, it has a green smell just like fresh, green honeysuckle or mimosa - beautiful. I wish this part lasted! It dries down to a woody & powdery fragrance that reminds me of the mishmash of smells you get in a new age shop (that combination of incense & essential oils), which isn't that great. After a couple of hours, though, it smells really nice - gets more powdery & sweet (the vanilla & florals come out better.) I think I would like this better without the sandalwood, or at least the oakmoss - it's too bottom-heavy and the more delicate notes get lost (the same experience I had with Sage's Garnet.) Not original; pleasant, but not for summer.

Note: I recently sampled Montale's Chypre Vanilla. THAT smells like moonstone to me. Moonstone, echoes that a little, albeit unsuccessfully.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Sage Machado Moonstone fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Sage Machado Moonstone, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Moonstone by Sage Machado. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Moonstone by Sage Machado represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.