Designers » R S » Floral Fruity « Groups

Laguna Salvador Dali for women

Laguna Salvador Dali for women
dislike

I have it: 651 I had it: 671 I want it: 285 My signature: 12

Laguna Salvador Dali for women Pictures Laguna Salvador Dali for women Pictures Laguna Salvador Dali for women Pictures

A warm floral fragrance of the sea shore. You can clearly feel the warmth of the southern parts and intensive aroma of exotic flowers. The top notes are fresh and fruity: mandarin, grapefruit, peach, and apricot. The heart is created of jasmine, rosewood, iris and lily of the valley. The base is composed of tonka, cedar wood, patchouli and vanilla. It was created in 1991 by Marc Buxton.

The nose behind this fragrance is Mark Buxton.

Moroccan Lemon Pineapple Plum Galbanum Leaf Mandarin Orange Peach Grapefruit Raspberry

Italian Iris Jasmine Egyptian Rose Lily-of-the-Valley Brazilian Rosewood

Tonka Bean Amber Patchouli Coconut Musk Vanilla Cedar Madagascar Sandalwood

Laguna Maravilla
Kn°II

Laguna Fragrance Reviews

valbona.bergman
valbona.bergman

i am not sure how with all the notes in this perfume i ended up considering this to be a warm masculine scent! i would love to smell this on a man!maybe the cedar... very nice

Estêvan George
Estêvan George

There are scents that delight us at first sight, others only at the second try, and going beyond, others only conquer us at the third attempt. That was my love affair with Laguna ... "Love at the third view."
The first time I tried it, I think this scent too much citrus, had not pleased my nose. After a while, intended to give a second chance to Laguna, I was in a store and this time I tried it in my skin. On the second try, completely changed my concept about it, it was very tasty, citrus and sweetie in the right measure, just not thought that the fragrance had married well with my skin. Spent more time, and every time I saw this beautiful bottle of perfume on online stores, ever more increased my desire to have it, even with the two previous experiments. Without thinking, I bought Laguna, and when arrived at home, after dating the bottle for a while, I decided to apply it on my skin. Result: was charming, magical, and extremely comfortable sweetie! I used to go out at night and the smell around me was pleasing me more and more.
Amazing how the sense of smell change with time... what was once considered "bad" after a while becomes a delight.
And the cool thing is that even it is a feminine perfume, Laguna married very well with my skin, which made me consider it unisex and very versatile.
Now, there's no way, Laguna will always be in my perfume collection ... continuous replenishment it because my love for this fragrance only increased with time!
It was worth to have given a third chance for him!
Love it!!!

shushkin
shushkin

I have a huge collection of fragrances built up over many years but Laguna has still held its place in my top ten of summer scents. It really is invigorating. Amongst all the initial fruitiness I detect a peppery note that I think is the galbanum leaf which really makes all the notes zing! The sillage and longevity are both moderate on my skin. Dont miss out on this delicious invigorating olafactory experience and at least get hold of a miniature.

Electronic100
Electronic100

Every time I pass my bathroom I have to have a spray of it! Wonderfully evoking. Very unusual.

Nina81
Nina81

I love this. My signature always.

carlosdavidz
carlosdavidz

I'm a men and I like this fragrance, is not too feminine and yet not too masculine, I think is in the middle ;) The longevity is good and the bottle is a piece of art itself.

Rosamelia
Rosamelia

Oh the amazing artsy bottle! I wouldn't have minded if this had smelled like grandpa's tobacco (good news, it doesn't!) I blind buyed this and couldn't be happier. The perfume is quite good, in one word: tropical.

diamondkite
diamondkite

If I found a bottle of Burberry Brit washed up on some Plutonian shore it would smell like this. Laguna opens with a similar woody citrus burst. But where Brit stays crisp warm and dry on land, Laguna draws you across the sandy shore and into a deep primordial lagoon. This is not an aquatic that evokes fresh moving water - it develops a sweet, salty, woody, muted effect. I can really perceive the tonka and lily of the valley in this fragrance - a mix that strangely works especially in the sry down which is sweet (in a sandy way) and pleasant (in an odd way).
Edited to add: Oh and the bottle is really cool. My absolute favourite!

ceecee474
ceecee474

Love this fragrance. It's odd. Light, a little salty, very cheerful and uplifting. Had to reapply a million times, but loved it each time and it's cheap, so who cares? Got several compliments, which is nice, and the bottle makes me extremely happy. Will buy again for sure.

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

Coconut, pineapple, wood, lemon, vanilla? Wowza! Laguna is a very unique sweet and sour scent, and although it's not a gourmand, it's yummy! I seriously can't stop smelling myself. The creator of this fragrance has rocked my world - I bow down.

And there's vanilla...in a summer perfume! I've always related vanilla to fall/winter, usually because of the sweet/cozy factor. But this juice is summer in a very unique bottle.

Out of the box, smelling it from the bottle, I actually got a hint of pickle juice - maybe I'm crazy - but it wasn't a bad thing. I knew right away this Laguna experience was going to be interesting, and man, I was right.

To me, this is a confident woman's perfume, yet it's comfortable and easy to wear at the same time. It isn't particularly sexy or sensual, but it's addicting. I wore it to work today and I feel very sassy. It's also not overwhelming or cloying at all, even after over-spraying; wrists, crook of elbows, shirt and hair. My spritzer finger just wouldn't stop, what can I say?

I'm in love and that was not expected at all, clearly. I've been dying to try Laguna for over a year, but I never got up the nerve to blind buy it. Citrusy fragrances are hit or miss with me (usually miss), nothing in between. Luckily I ended up getting it in a swap (thank you from the bottom of my heart PERFUMEADDICTION!).

If you're in doubt about blind buying, I say go for it!

tropic sugar
tropic sugar

I had noticed this fragrance on here for a long time and always thought it sounded interesting but was always unsure about ordering a fragrance that was over 20 years old.However,I decided to take the plunge and order it and I just received it in the mail today.The bottle is very unique and quirky in a good way.If you like bohemian or eclectic styles and enjoy a mix of decorations you will love the bottle.I sprayed one squirt on my inner arm and waited.All I can say is this is a truely unique fragrance.In my opinion I still find it more feminine than unisex but I can see where some would find it masculine because of its woody notes.It opens with a citrus blast and I can pick up pineapple and and maybe some lemon.Honestly I can't pick up any floral notes at all other than a faint powdery note which I'm guessing is the iris and the middle note also has a plum fruit tartness.The drydown is what I love.It is creamy and woody with sandalwood and vanilla.This is a summer oriental that does take you to far away places.It is warm but fresh at the same time.Its like all the notes blend together to create this exotic faraway place.Its like when you drive to the ocean or beach and you step out of your car and your hit with a profusion of smells.Water,sand,salt,sunwarmed bodies and a soft breeze of flowers.For some reason this also reminds me of sea coral with a sea salt note.This works well in the heat because its a rather dry scent.If your looking for a fresh wet aquatic or fruity tropical scent you will be dissapointed.Although it has those notes the warm woody notes and vanilla dominate.It is very mysterious and tropical in a warm and balmy way.I am glad I tried this fragrance and will be trying the Maravilla version as well.If your looking for a summer holiday scent that no one else will be wearing def give this a try.Beachy in an unusual way,but it just works!

there are a lot of notes listed for this perfume but to my nose the stars of this show are the pineapple, coconut, lemon and vanilla. the rest of the notes all sit in the background. this is a lovely citrusy sweet summer perfume. i'm enjoying it on this hot day and the bottle is pretty.

kneissl
kneissl

I received this as a gift and just today opened the box to give it a try. Am not at all familiar with Dali fragrances ... just too many scents our there! I had no intention of wearing this going by the notes listed here, it sounds like a fruit bomb, kind of like the Escada yearly editions that just get worse with time! It's not that I don't like fruity scents, if done right they are lovely. I cannot stand the obvious ones that smell of Ribena or strawberry milk shake.

I don't get pineapple or coconut at all in the top notes, in fact I have no idea what I am smelling specifically. To me it smells aquatic, salty, a little peppery with a sweetness and wet woods in the background. Right now it just smells gorgeous on me. I shall enjoy wearing it this summer! I do love the bottle, it's so very retro!

I think this was supposed to smell like salty sea and vacation at the seaside, but it's kind of soapy in my opinion. Also, very very strong, it makes my nose itch. There's a lot of fruity notes in it, but somehow I sense more sandalwood, tonka bean and amber.
I think it's not quite what I expected, but it still got me thinking of summer and seashores. I think it's because of this beautiful bottle.

lizardqueen
lizardqueen

Laguna is Dune's little sister. Both share a salty note, but while Dune is desert-like, Laguna is tropical. I wouldn't call it a "fruity-floral," however; it's more of a light oriental, which I prefer over the ubiquitous fruity-florals crowding the mainstream market today.

I dreamed of Laguna evef since I smelled it a a beauty salon just before my Proms back in 1998. I got it 10 years later and... couldn't wear it:'( Luckily, I gave it to my good and honourable friend, so it ended up in really good hands. It was too synthetic, too overwhelming - I don't know, simply unwearable and mind you - I enjoy heavy stuff. But not this beauty, unfortunately:( I love to smell it whenever I visit a perfume store, to bring back the memories, but that's it... Girls, wear it if you can, you will be absolutely unique!!!

Czarcasm
Czarcasm

I've been dying to own this scent! Dalí is one of my favourite artists and because of that I decided that I should give his perfumes a try when I was vacationing in Spain several years ago. Despite the odd bottle (it's a pair of lips with a nose on top, hehe) Laguna was my favourite out of the ones I tried and it has been stuck in my mind ever since.
Back then I wasn't aware of the notes and I was scared that I wouldn't like it anymore after finding out about them. I'm not a big fan of pineapple and it tends to be overly sweet in scents on me. Lucky for me, Laguna did not disappoint and it is still the same lovely, mysterious and mesmerizing scent. I'm so happy that I got this. I got compliments while wearing it from even the most criticizing people!

Laguna is a vacation in the shadows of a hot, humid Mediterranean town laying low in the valleys. I wouldn't call it a beachy scent, but it reminds me of vacation nonetheless. Whenever I smell it on me I just relax and at the same time it energizes me too. It's impossible to be stressed out while wearing this lovely fragrance. Its notes are blended really nice and the scent itself is slightly sweet, but creamy. Laguna also has a certain mysterious depth. Not deep enough to be sexy, provocative and seductive, but it does tease and stimulate the mind to make it slowly lose control.

On my skin Laguna is a lovely mixture of pineapple, vanilla, coconut and a hint of musk and wood. Very fruity, which I love. It smells like a delicious tropical drink with some vanilla ice cream added in. It's vaguely reminiscent of Pina Colada, without the alcohol smell. The dry down is mostly vanilla and a hint of powder, yet it still smells fruity and a bit tropical. Laguna remains incredibly fresh and fruity despite the slightly powdery dry down.

This is definitely one of my favourite perfumes ever. I have never smelled anything quite like it, and everything is blended together just right. Not a single note overpowers which makes it very interesting to wear, because you smell different notes and combinations every single time. I look forward to wearing this for many more years! This is perfume done right.

lipglossandabackpack
lipglossandabackpack

This perfume makes me wonderfully happy. We have a long, cold winter here (it's April 5th and there is still lots of snow on the ground!) but being able to wear this perfume reminds me that spring will eventually arrive. The initial fruity kick is (on me) gone within minutes and it settles into a fresh, vibrant floral with clean iris, jasmine and rose. The sandalwood and musk sort of anchor the scent to my skin, but they never overpower the beautiful florals. Blue skies, blue seas, blue bottle... this is spring, the seashore, the beach, fields of flowers. I will be wearing this all spring and summer, and then saving the beautiful bottle for years to come.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

I have only ever worn Dalissime in my youth but I have never tried any other Dali fragrances. I love the flacons but I guess I never really took the fragrances seriously, or perhaps, because they are difficult to get in the UK, I maybe thought that there were many other perfumes out there which I could try.
I have wasted many olfactory years waiting all this time to try this little gem of a perfume.
Thank you so much lovely Fragrantica Yohji for gifting me this fragrance.
This perfume opens up with a rather harsh, green,blast of dry citrus fruits. I found the initial spritz rather sharp to my nose but the fragrance then settles down into a much softer, woody, slightly powdery floral. The fragrance morphs into a beautiful soft woody but sweet scent which keeps wafting up at me, gently reminding me that it's there. For an EDT this is very impressive as it seems to disappear and then reappear like a magicians assistant! The beauty of Dali is that just like his wonderful paintings, this perfume becomes a little surreal and I find myself wondering where have you been all of my life!

Christina0065
Christina0065

I am sooooo In Love with this perfume!! I get a lot of Vanilla and Amber and those are two of my absolute favorite notes! Maybe a little sandalwood as well. Little bit powdery and soft and sexy/romantic. makes me feel sexy! It is very pretty!! I am purchasing a huge bottle now! I only have a small one and there is no way it will last me but a week or two, maybe! lol

anomie et ivoire
anomie et ivoire

Spicy-oceanic, brackish but a little sweet rather than the now-standard calone-note aquatic closer to imaginary toilet bleach wave.

Eerie, undulates warm/cool and presence/absence. Does feature the signature bold sheer of Buxton's later CDG compositions but with a smoother, blended wash.

The only close-to-aquatic I'll wear, this is strangely pleasant in the below freezing Northern winter. Truly evocative of the platonic ideal of an unspoiled coral reef.

Yohji
Yohji

How to write review about the fragrance which after certain years and dozens of bottles became more as your natural skin scent and at the same time feels like you are falling in love again with each spray?..I think better once more to look at Salvador Dali's paintings and realise that Laguna and all other aromas from brand Salvador Dali are : unique, extravagant, contradictional and exceptional. Period.
As someone mentioned - to me its also more sweet-spicy oriental rather then floral-fruity. It does evokes sandy beach and horizon line via the sea, its somehow connects you with happy sunny days full of hopes and sensuality. There are friends in our life who always smile and who instead of crying with you will cheer you up, will make you see bright sides, same does Laguna. Mood lifter.
Fresh, salty-and-sweet at the same time, spicy and peppery, Laguna, - I surrender!

dioradddict
dioradddict

i must have this one again... i ve thrown away all my empty bottles of this and now i regret and miss it so much... nice times...
I just purchased a kit w body lotion, just waiting when it arrives to use it!!
i´m in love again ...and the body lotion is delicious, love to carry it on my purse...

Labaloo
Labaloo

This is the song, 'Aquarela do Brasil'- bottled. Find it. Listen. And then you will understand this short review.

Gosha
Gosha

The first few moments with Laguna on my skin have left me mystified - after reading all those reviews raving about the complexity and originality of this scent, all I was detecting was some sort of generic smell of cosmetic products...
But wait! That was a few seconds ago. Very quickly the fragrance starts taking on a shape that fits very well - in my opinion - with the lovely and fantastic green/minty/bluish colour of the bottle and the box.
Not sure if that makes sense - but it's really an unusual fragrance, one that somehow does evoke memories of beautiful, sunny bays, saltiness on your skin, summer flowers, exotic cocktails and - strangely - also cleanliness. There is a grounding base in there too, woods, leaves, the breezy cedar and then the lovable vanilla. Unusual, easy and romantic.
Somebody here says: "oh, my darling, Laguna" and yes, I am thinking that it could become my darling too. :-)

sarka-destiny
sarka-destiny

This fragrance revives my memories of South Italy. Always brings me to Sorrento area and Capri isle, no idea why... When i was there i used Gucci by Gucci only, but now, if i want to bring my memories back i use Laguna. Not the best scent of ages, but it worth the feeling to be in Campania.. at least inwardly.. and hope to go there in the future again...

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

Another one that doesnt show itself on me. I only get a nice but very light floral if I actually touch my nose to my skin.. I'm mid 40s but not dry skin.

Jelious of others who can experience its full beauty

taninha07
taninha07

once upon a time it was my signature fragrance , once when i was faithful , to just one scent . it was tropical , innocent , sweet , just like the girl who wore it ... these days , i wear it , around my daughter , who loves it too ... and ``we `´ r a wonderful view of `´me `´ , way back when ...and the waves still brush my feet ...

emmavanilla
emmavanilla

i love this perfume.it is citrus at the beginning and has a warm sweet vanilla ending.really good on my skin but i wish it could last longer.as for the bottle crazy , creative and eccentric like the artist.the best of the Dali perfumes :-)

ZELJO
ZELJO

a great one, in the classic area, which for me is the best possible way of perfums, strong smell, so rich and aristochratical,if you are into big ones a la Shalimar, etc, go for this one, and what a beautiful bottle

j'adore dior
j'adore dior

I bought it when I was on plane going to Greece for only $10. It's quite good but I'm not really a fan of such strong smells but it went well in hot Greece. The smell reminds me of sun, beach and palmtrees.

cibelli_moon
cibelli_moon

This fragrance is very yummy, a mix of lemon, mandarin, coconut and vanilla. I recommend using the summer, the duration was 4 hours on my skin.
Stylish and delicate, the bottle is very creative.

Jola 72
Jola 72

I am happy owner of 100 ml big lips and must say,that I am gonna buy another big edt of Laguna It is a perfect scent of dreams Light and exotic floriental. Can not describe the scent right,because it can be classed like oriental fruity or flower woody ,the one thing I know that Salvador Dali has my most beloved scents and these never smell cheap or bad on my skin Sultry and juicy,just jummm...I can eat them,so good...

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Laguna is a pleasant surprise. I read as much as I could about it, and it is indeed Mark Buxton's seminal 1991 "sweet floral" (as the Leffingwell lists it) that honestly does feel like more of an ambery oriental. I own Dali Pour Homme and I've always felt that it's a surprisingly high-quality composition boasting some decent materials, given its price-point. So with Laguna I figured the materials would be good, but the composition would be predictably fruity and aquatic with little to hold interest. How wrong I was. It's actually a stunning perfume, a novel construct of citrus and coconut on top, with a beautifully flattened iris/jasmine accord on a gently-spiced vanilla and sandalwood base. Even though Laguna yields these notes separately, it's better to accept their rigorously-blended nature and not over-analyze it. Just feel it instead. It's a lovely feeling. And the fact that it cost me $6 for one ounce is amazing.

In many quarters Laguna is called an oriental. One person here even likened it to Chanel's Egoïste. I agree that the structure follows a traditional oriental style, with citrus, florals, vanilla-amber and precious wood notes. I definitely don't smell any similarity to Egoïste, but it's been a while since I wore Egoïste, so I'll have to revisit that one in full for a better idea of how these two relate. What is undoubtedly true is that this perfume is unique, boasting a few accords that you are unlikely to encounter anywhere else in mainstream or niche perfumery. I can safely say that this is a "new" fragrance for me, in that I recognize its elements and feel some vague comparisons to other things, but can't remember ever encountering anything directly similar to it. Luca Turin labeled it a "transparent fruit" fragrance, and said "it smells the way backstage singing sounds in opera - unseen and haunting."

Spot on, Doctor Turin. Spot on.

thazinha30
thazinha30

Always loved this one, I used to wear it back when I was like, 14 years old and now that I'm 33 I would love to get me another one of these for the nostalgia factor (and the smell too, of course!) Don't know if it would smell as good as I remember but I would like to try!

bagaceirababyy
bagaceirababyy

Smelled it on the paper and what a felt it was a tropical warm lime vanilla delicious scent. Had to buy it.
I'm sad on my skin this didint developed as on the paper...it turned on a really lemony, pineappley powdery scent with a hint of vanilla. ITs not bad at all, but didint loved as I tought I would. But yes, still very tropical, I like to wear casually when I go out for a walk, since I live on the cost and here is always warm.

Sannee77
Sannee77

Oh my darling Laguna! I've loved you for twenty years, and you've never let me down. This is the most special fragrance I've ever had. The best way of describing it would be "eccentric", but in a really charming and kind way. It really does feel like a turquoise lagoon in the French Polynesia. When the reality gets too harsh and the winter too cold, Laguna is there to take me far away.

No True Scotsman
No True Scotsman

I've had this on and off (off just now) since my mid-teens in the mid-nineties, I've probably gone through at least six bottles in total. If I use it very often (daily) it does get a bit boring, but if I leave it for a while it starts to grow on me again.
It is a very good summer scent, softly sweet and just a teensy bit spicy. 20 years on, this does not feel nearly as dated to me as a lot of other nineties scents. I wouldn't describe it as being modern, more as timeless. Pretty ageless, too. It works very well on girls and young women, but it still feels age-appropriate now that I'm in my early thirties, and I would be equally happy to smell this on a fifty-something.
Although it isn't aquatically fresh or green or airy-floral, it's definitely one for warm weather, very juicy and delicious. And totally affordable! Might go and get myself another bottle sometime soon.
Edit - ordered myself a cheeky wee replacement today! Silly really cause I probably won't touch it till next summer, but I was overcome by self-pity (feeling ill) and yearning. Plus it was only a tenner.

ROLDAN
ROLDAN

Well, I tested 2 versions -pour femme- and -pour homme- of this e.d.t. And finally I purchased feminine version of "Laguna" ,cause it's smells stronger and lasts better on my skin. Such a great tropical fruity juicy opening -imagine exotic sea-shore and tropical cocktail. Very uplifting! Middle stage is sweeter with gentle flowers notes and getting more powdery character. The final dry-down stage is very gourmand and warm -Tonka, vanilla, coconut and amber makes it work. Not overpowering and long lasting creation. Great unisex fragrance (like most of Dali's perfumes!) for spring / summer seasons (I'm not sure about this one to use it during cold weather). Quite interesting, when it's starts raining during summer days "Laguna" getting back much stronger aura. Each time I spray this concoction it turns me on "On Vacation" mode...Highly recommended! :)

mihaela01
mihaela01

Creamy,for summer,I feel happy whenever I wear this.Very well-done perfume,such a warm drydown a very good choice.

xe
xe

This smells like a Maxfield Parrish painting looks.

flying_colours
flying_colours

I had to buy it for the bottle, that bottle is so fun! It was a blind buy, being as it's cheap and I've never seen it in any shops around here. I don't really like the actual fragrance though. To me it smells like a cheap men's body spray. I don't think I got a dodgy bottle or anything, as I do smell pineapple, a bit of lemon, vanilla, the tiniest bit of coconut. These are all notes that I should enjoy, but the combination isn't working for me. Something about it reminds me of those cheap aftershaves that obnoxious young guys like to drench themselves in - which is a horrible association. Maybe it would work better in warmer weather, but unfortunately I live in a country where warm weather is unheard of. I'll try it out a few more times and update this review if my opinion changes, but if all else fails at least I'll have that bottle to look at!

soulflwr
soulflwr

I absolutely adore this one! For me it's not just a summer fragrance, it's specifically a vacation scent. It smells just like a trip to the beach - I meant JUST like it. Think of sand, sunblock, wet towels, flip flops, salty water, fuity drinks...not to mention the wonderful outdoor beach sun and heat. Somehow it's all in there!

The summer version of Egoiste by Chanel, IMO. It's a little sweeter and not as heavy, but if you don't find Egoiste at all "feminine" you may want to try this in the summer (if you're a guy). It's not "synthetic," though top quality ingredients may have made this one smell incredible, and it's quite well balanced. Of course my bottle may be vintage, so reformulations might smell different. It has a sort of fizzy quality that Egoiste doesn't but is otherwise that kind of scent. Note that if you don't like rosewood notes (some think they smell like hairspray) you should sample before buying a bottle.

Laguna is a different sort of tropical fragrance. Warm, and creamy from the coconut/tonka/vanilla combined with sweet lemon and powdery iris. It makes me smile. I find it approachable, but quite sensual. Creamy, a bit of powder. The lemon brightens it up. This is a fantastic beachy fragrance that will appeal to those who normally turn their nose up at the word "beachy". Love.

velvetulipe
velvetulipe

I bought this in my teens in the 90s... and loved it. Has a very fresh citrus scent and then after a few hours gets a little richer and deeper smell. Really a nice perfume... might just get me an other one ^^

freddinos
freddinos

Citrus and pineapple zing are complimented by a balmy warmth (very subtle coconut? Vanilla?) in this one.I used a bottle in the 90s, when I guess it was very 'in'. Not a comforting smell but something that will make you stand out as different, maybe a bit quirky... Just like its bottle:)

Aerides
Aerides

Very warm and summery, I actually found it a little herbal and aquatic smelling at first, like floating in a sea of parsley. But then it sweetened into a combination of coconut and vanilla with undertones of musk and cedar. I really grew to like this fragrance and the bottle design is absolutely awesome.

Matt Oldham
Matt Oldham

Still wonderfully unique and inscrutable despite its massive influence. Definitely beachy: just not any real beach. Barbarella Beach. Just groove on the frieze of images it evokes: Honeychild Rider, Naty Abascal in Ibiza, the sea caves of Ponza, eating sea urchin in Sardegna, vacation in Bahia... Reverie-inducing. The quality I value most in perfume.

knomrlse
knomrlse

Warm and fresh at the same time. Beautiful bottle

ronnize
ronnize

Este è um dos meus perfumes preferidos... muito frutado, muito fresco... Em minha pele dura atè 12 horas e por onde passo todos perguntam que perfume estou usando! Aaaamooooo!

Questo è uno dei miei profumi preferiti. Molto fresco, dolce... con citrus nella misura esata - non sa di inseticida come tanti profumi citrus. Dura mooooolto e ovunque vada, tutti dicono che ho um profume bonissimo! Purtropo, non è tanto conosciuto in Italia e non è facile da trovare. Alcuni siti como "profumino.it" o "profumo-clic" (questo ultimo sconsigliato) lo vendono online.

lat
lat

Laguna smells like warm, sun-kissed skin nourished with The Body Shop Macademia Nut body butter after you've bathed in salty, refreshing sea and dripped some juice from the pineapple slice you sank your teeth in on it.

sarage
sarage

A wonderful, rich floral fruity from the 90s! So many nuances,but no lollipop and no bubble gum.
If you are tired of summer Escadas, this could be an option.

Warm and fresh at the same time. Beautiful bottle, I love Dali's art and his autobiography.
I saw a cute 15 ml bottle of this in the supermarket and I think I will buy this.

Lola Montes18
Lola Montes18

Just received mine in mail. Starts off with a waft of something similar to sea air, so Gala got it right! Than a hint of a bit of rose & vanilla than it settles as a powdery cashmere with a hint of citrus fruit, but slight. The strongest attribute for me, is the cashmere. Gee, I wonder why no mention of that?

PhaedraRose
PhaedraRose

Ibiza in a bottle-oh this is glorious ! I discovered this on a trip to Ibiza in the 90's and used to buy a bottle each time I went,until I had trouble finding it. I have just bought some and am instantly transported back to those happy,crazy times. It is so fruity and decadent and smells of the sea-it is sunshine and cocktails and freedom and incense and music and hot summer nights. I have never met anyone else who wore it and always got compliments,it is so delicious. Lasts for ages, the fruit and woody notes are most prominent at first,then the more mellow musky base notes develop as you wear it although you can still detect the pineapple and lemony sparkle. Wonderful !

Trvevil
Trvevil

D'oh. I love everything 'Laguna' and 'island' and the turquoise shade of bottle (srsly, sometimes I think I'm of islander descent...), but just didn't give it a chance with me. I tried several Dali fragrances, but they didn't impress me enough. I've got a miniature as a gift some time ago and tried it just briefly - it didn't do anything interesting and I just let it be an aquatic sister to Gucci Accenti. I was never fond of the bottle either, lips and nose somewhat scared me... until today's morning.

I've had a nightmare, I was in paradise. It was a scenery from the past, bright and overly juicy like a super amoled screen. The grass was perfect and extra dry, the sky was clear and gave ambient light without a need in sun. I was hunting an item, maybe memory or secret... While on search, I tried to find some shoes but didn't so I went looking through rooms. Everything was abandoned, but there was no trace of dust, it just doesn't exist here... All in all the dream had to let me back into this world as my alarm started to ring in a curious moment that I found shimmering body lotion (LOL). Guess what? All of this nonsense was filled with a scent. Which? Laguna of course! It followed and played around me in such a scary way as it is the scent that belongs to this world. As rich and unusual, bright and high contrast... all about it.

Tonight I pulled the small bottle out and let it sound... The very top note was fresh lemon note. It is a very good lemon note - no dish washing liquids here... Later pineapple appears, some grapefruit (the sweet kind of it, like pomelo) and other fruits. Flowers come over a little bit later and very intensive. All through it there is tonka bean note. So there is spiciness and velvety feeling to it. I might consider a bigger bottle now...

Fizzy
Fizzy

A fine (no chill out fragrance!), exquisite and special, high quality fume in a funny bottle, with big projection, moderate silage and longevity about 6 hour for EdT. For 5 €/15 ml a superb deal. Even if I appreciate this extraordinary interesting fume for its delicate finesse, it has something not inviting in it and I checked, that people turn theirs heads off in the first moment of smelling it, when wearing it. Actually, I did the same, when meeting a women, who was wearing this. I still think, it smells good on the skin the whole time, but the strange sharpness is still there.

It smells maybe like very salty pineapples with coconut, creamy, fine, some fruity and heavy fresh.
It is not sexy at all, which is absolute fine, who wants to smell sexy the whole time?

But for its non-inviting, head-turn-off character it came from my love shelve to the like shelve. There are not much such exquisite fragrances, where the decision to buy or not to buy is so clear for me.

stefanie.vieweg
stefanie.vieweg

I got the smallest bottle available for 5€ from a drugstore. I always saw it there, standing on the shelfes with it ridiculous turquoise lips-glass-bottle in the cheap looking plastic box...
If it wasn´t by my most favourite artist and if it didn´t have the name "Laguna" on it, that always brought scenes from the movie "The blue Lagoon" into my mind, I would have never bought it!
But I´m glad I did!
This perfume defenetly is a lonely island in a bottle (in a ridiculous bottle, but if you know Dalis art, you understand...)
When I first spray it I get pineapples, coconut and plums. Later it really smells like the ocean, like a salty fresh breeze, mixed with some grass notes. It also gets a bit masculine, but not too heavily, it´s still feminim, fresh with a hint of floral sweetness.
I wont buy a bigger bottle of this, but it is nice to have in my collection. I might concider getting more of Dalis miniatures...

Migalex
Migalex

Smells nice, although nothing special, but projection is very poor. It is very different from the male version, which I love.

aquatic, yet spicy and also fruity. i really love all the different notes in this. it just keeps changing everytime i wear it. juicy pineapple, white musk, spicy cedar and a bit of patchouli.. also sweet from coconut and vanilla. just a mix-up of all good things that smell really good together. i'm loving this. lasting time with all it's metamorphosis is about 4 good hours on me.

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

I used to own this one. This starts out a light watery, powdery floral on a slightly green woody base. On my skin I smell most promiently verbena, musk, pineapple and lots of iris.

I think Laguna is a little similiar to YSL'S In Love Again- but Laguna is stonger and much longer lasting.

It does remind me a bit of the ocean.

I wouldn't repurchase this because it isn't really sexy or anything that knocks my socks off. It might smell better on someone else, because the iris seems to overpower every other note upon drydown with my chemistry. 2 1/2 of 5 stars.

dkny27
dkny27

Sweet at first with a balmy quality. Very unique in its opening, to me at least. Mellows down to a smooth fruity wood. Don't notice any cedar though and that's one of my faves. Feminine, summery, even late fall, but go easy on the application. A little goes a long way.

400blows
400blows

THE ONE. Forever and always, since 20 years.

fobia
fobia

I opened the box to this perfume and couldn't help but laugh at the whimsical bottle.. A giant nose for a bottle cap..! :D The scent in the bottle is just as odd... I wasn't quite sure what to think of it, just that it was a bit strange... Initially it felt a bit masculine, but then there was a lingering sweetness.. not like these other sweet perfumes out there... much sweeter.. maybe like pineapples? Yes, I see the notes listed on here.. definitely pineapple. I also thought about how this scent would probably feel really great and refreshing on a hot summer day.
But pineapple is not my favorite.. and sure it feels a little synthetic...(the price is rather inexpensive, so I don't think that's a horrible thing)
...but I do think that it does Dali justice... it is just as odd and whimsical and strange as Dali... and for that I love it! I want to try the other Dali perfumes, even if just for the sake of having these strange/cool bottles. (:

mymlan
mymlan

Laguna is a sweet, woody and powdery fruity floral that reminds me of Gucci Accenti because of the dominant fruit and sandalwood combinaion. It's more gentle than Accenti though, perhaps because of the quite large amount of coconut and vanilla that softens the sharpness of the other notes.

I like it but for me it's not FB worthy as it's not really my kind of fragrance. However, If you love Accenti and are looking for a day/summer version, this may be a possible choice.

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

Very refreshing scent; at first is just like sipping a cocktail on the beach...fruity, watery and flowery. Then it leaves a flowery, aquatic smell that's perfect for casual ware.

vicka16
vicka16

Very nice perfume. The developement is amazing! When I fist spayed it on my wrist, I could only smell a big synthetic mess. After 10 minutes though very sharp pinaple/lemon/grapefruit notes were dominating. Than half an hour later I can enjoy a sweet, delicat, slightly mucky and powdery, a bit citrusy and floral, lovely bouquet.
I'm very happy with my purchase! :)

AnaFilipaSilva
AnaFilipaSilva

good but.. it doesnt lasts longer... very freshy though

Grottola
Grottola

Marc Buxton was one of the most influential perfumers of the early 1990's. His works weren't necessarily best-selling, but they acted like underground superstars, in the same way that original indie bands like the Pixies or Pavement did. Laguna, released under the Salvador Dali house, seems to have more influence than one might think.

Don't believe me? Get a sample. Smell that metallic, watery-pineapple accord? Think of all the fragrances that utilized that same accord: Polo Sport, various Creed fragrances, Eternity for Men (and women), and there's even a hint of that accord in Azzaro Chrome. Laguna is essentially a creamy fruity-floral with a big woody-metallic note and a watery twang; it's clearly a 90's creation, but it never turns grey or dusty - it stays clear and blue to this day. And that shows the power of just one accord that can be used in so many different ways. I've come to the conclusion that I probably wouldn't wear Laguna, but it would work perfectly as a masculine with character. Guys, don't be afraid to try it... it's strong, long-lasting, and has just as much testosterone as the anorexic "pour homme" aquatics of the mid-90's.

caryyy

Today i received it...i saw the big, heavy and stylish box, and when I oppened it I was so dissapointed, the bottle, so heavy, and the cap lookes so cheeap, so fake...but I knew this about the Dali s perfumes, well still the cap looks so cheep, I try to open the cap it was so hard, I spray, and it was so fresh, soo soo masculine, I didn t stand it, it reminded me of some men s perfume but i don t know with, after an hour it seems better, but the freshness it s all gone, it s just sweet sweet sweet..like a pineapple and peach candy, hmm the conclusion is that at first it seemed so bad...so strange, and now it s sweet, like a cocktail on the sea side, I guess , i think..I will wear it, anyhow it s the strangest perfume ever!!! I will give him a chance

caryyy

Today i received it...i saw the big, heavy and stylish box, and when I oppened it I was so dissapointed, the bottle, so heavy, and the cap lookes so cheeap, so fake...but I knew this about the Dali s perfumes, well still the cap looks so cheep, I try to open the cap it was so hard, I spray, and it was so fresh, soo soo masculine, I didn t stand it, it reminded me of some men s perfume but i don t know with, after an hour it seems better, but the freshness it s all gone, it s just sweet sweet sweet..like a pineapple and peach candy, hmm the conclusion is that at first it seemed so bad...so strange, and now it s sweet, like a cocktail on the sea side, I guess , i think..I will wear it, anyhow it s the strangest perume ever!!! I will give him a chance

Nikka Miró
Nikka Miró

Like much of Laguna, think a purchase very honestly. The smell is wonderful, and all his notes are easily perceived. Love the effect pinã colada coconut pineapple (I have this feeling) along with a fresh sea breeze. Is cool, but is sweet is super feminine and sensual!

takeasniff
takeasniff

This perfume has crept up on me. My husband got a set with the little mini and pen and the large bottle at perfume connection. He was just looking around and it was on special. I sprayed it and I have to admit I didn't like it. I thought oh no what am I going to do I don't really like this. We went for dinner and as the night went on I could smell something really nice but light. I sniffed my wrist and it was the laguna. It had completely changed and now there was a warm amber smell just slightly sweet. It is not a tropical perfume and it is not really an aquatic. It's not really oriental and it's not plain vanilla or linear office safe. This one has to be tried over time as it might change on your skin to something you like or you will hate it or not care either way. I like it because it is if anything unusual and somehow it works. I have never had any Dali perfumes before for some reason they didn't appeal to me but I thank my husband for giving me a push in this direction. I have now purchased Cadaques and that is lovely too. That one is much easier to deal with as you can tell what it is a soon as it is sprayed unlike Laguna.

tsofa
tsofa

A while back I had bought a rollerball from this perfume and wanted to test it. But I had made the usual mistake of not smelling it first. After ordering it, I sat back and was thinking the best out of it.

When I received it, I sprayed some on my wrist and left it settle for a good half hour. With the first sniff, I got some citruses scents with something really sharp as a note and, although peach and pineapple are some of my favorite notes, in this case I didn’t enjoy them at all. The only flower note I smelled was rose and unfortunately the sandalwood note made my general disliking even worse when it finally gave me a wonderful headache! I didn’t wash it off further from my wrist as I decided to give the perfume a last chance... But, Laguna didn’t give me that satisfaction as it had disappeared!

In conclusion, I didn’t like it one bit as of the poor lasting power, even on my clothes, and I think that this is the messiest perfume in notes that I have ever smelled. Fortunately, it was just a perfume pen with an extremely good price, and that is all to it!

Vamy69
Vamy69

YUM I love this! Fresh, sunny, bright and unlike anything I have ever smelled before!!! There is a woody note that mixed with the aquatic citrus makes for a really unique scent! Perfect for Summer! Love love love it!!!!!

TankGirl
TankGirl

Laguna is a very interesting fresh perfume, very bright and well very masculine.
The most proeminent notes are very fresh, arsh, fruity with the pineapple taking the lead, next to the lemon and the sandalwood. I cant smell the coconutt in my skin (unfortunatly).
I dont think this perfume suits the beach or reminds me of it, I do think this is an exotic threat for a cold winter day.
Laguna can be quite sexy actually and it would suit a modern lady in a fiesty nightclub.
Unfortunatly the lasting power is not very good, the drydown is very woody and subtle, what makes it more wearable.
I like it a lot and I find it interesting, but its amazing to see how people have so many different opinions about this scent.
The bottle is beautifull!

I tried Laguna and for me its not great. I think its to sweet and my first thougt is - candystore... But it will be a great scent for a young woman/teenager. Weirdly sweet tone althrough..

Jag provade Laguna idag och jag tycker inte om den. Den är för söt för mitt tycke och det första jag tänker på är - godisaffär. Men på en ung tjej/kvinna så tror jag den kommer till sin rätt. En konstig söt doftton genomgår alla stadierna på denna parfymen.

Aquatic Amethyst
Aquatic Amethyst

I found a little bitty mini--the first of this sort that I had ever found. I did not know exactly how it opened, so I just kept pulling on it, figuring there was a tiny sprayer inside. I pulled too hard, and the cap came flying off, splashing both me and my dining room table with this perfume. I wiped the table and thought I'd observe the smell since it was on my hand anyway.

I did not like what I smelled. This is one of those overdone 80s femininity smells, harsh and aldehydic (I think) and overwhelming, in the same vein as White Diamonds. They do not smell similar, but they have that same strength and impact. I just did not get anything even remotely aquatic out of this, and did not feel like retesting.

calevacin
calevacin

I love the concept behind this fragrance, it is really evocative and it really takes you back to the beach in the summer, it particulary reminds me when we used to go at night to have a swim and the water was as dark as the sky and then we stayed a while in the sand just listening to the waves and the air had this same scent.
But, much as I like the concept, I know for sure I would not enjoy wearing it as a fragrance, that salty note that is so prominent really disturbs me, it reminds me of food and not of perfume. Definitely not for me.

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

Ah,
I had to purchase this again. I used to wear this on those days of 1990 too. There were three favourites this one, Dali, and Dalissime. One Lady showed me this one some time ago, and imidiately I remembered why I loved this one.... and I was able to do nothing but repurchase. ***<3<3<3***

Hyponse
Hyponse

I used to wear this fragrance in the early 90`s (before I discovered Dalissime in 94). I got lot`s of compliment for it, but I can`t remember how it smelled other than fresh.

I.I

I have been using this from time to time for years. It is an alluring, sensual and quite strong and long lasting perfume. It is more suitable for evening, though it could be worn during the day too.
I like it very much though it is not exactly my type of perfume.

bubbles
bubbles

I use to Love,Love,Love this!In the 90's! It is very soft & pretty! I think I'm over it now! So many scents so little time! Once in awhile,I'll sniff it,but its not the same! Its like wearing a polyester suit from saturaday night fever, when its 102 degrees outside to go to the home depot to get manure for the lawn! Scary! Its just dated,and needs to be retired to a nice vanity shelf in the sky!

I.I

Very strong, very long lasting and extremely distinctive perfume. It really reminds me of the surrealistic Dali paintings.
I wouldn't classify it as a floral perfume. Woody notes are so much present after the first minute.
Sandlewood, cedar and then amber is what I smell right from the start, a spicy, feminine and very different perfume. A strong perfume, very sexy and mysteriously erotic too. I'd buy it again though I like purely floral and sweet perfumes.

pauluch3
pauluch3

A friend of mine used to wear this when we were roommates in college. She was an art student (obviously) and the perfume was just perfect on her, light and airy. Laguna is a perfect ethereal artistic beauty.

romrom
romrom

I just got this today, at first I didnt like the scent very much, but after it drys it smells really really good. Like you just took a shower with an expensive soap. I love it

amcleo
amcleo

es un perfume unisex me encanta.... estuve 5 años buscandolo y lo consegui...

sophisticated
sophisticated

the bottle makes me feel so serene, and the frag itself is so calming but... and i'm gonna be hated for this, it's ordinary!! the sweet floral scent that gets aquatic at some point and a big reminder of the beach, how many perfumes are like that? it's not unique' but without comparison, the frag itself is beautiful

replay
replay

at first it smelled like pine airfreshner, after it gets warmer and sweeter. I can smell a little bit of coconut in it, but sadly i can't smell any of the topnotes exept lemon.

It's too woody smell for me, very masculine, kinda hoped for more sweetness.
And a lesson for me: don't order scents, when you haven't tried them before!

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

young and fun fruity cocktail!
fuzzy naval orange and pineapple with warm galbanum base.
mr. buxton is easily recognizable as the nose behind this one.
if this juice was packed in an escada bottle, it would fly off the shelves.

LeVitrail
LeVitrail

Another unique scent by Dali. Fresh & at the same time tasty,good staying power. Can`t get enough of it! All in all,it is a marvellous perfume

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Laguna makes me want to go for a romp in the sand dunes in some perverse Dali fashion.

That top green note of galbanum in combination with all the fruits delivers something similar to citronella, but not as harsh--kind of like the scrub growing in coastal sand.

I get lily and cool, dry woods in the heart, then an unusual warm, fresh, earthy coconut drydown. The coconut isn't blatant, but like every ingredient in this composition, it's kind of misplaced with a definite surrealist (un)intention, like the painter's melting clocks or elephants with spindly legs.

Odd and quirky, yet somehow wearable. This fragrant tribute is pretty mild compared to some of his work!

Pink&Cupcakes
Pink&Cupcakes

Use this fragrance for years ..
I love the combination of pineapple and citrus ... my skin is continually changing and I love the smell of coconut and a touch of flowers that is to settle the fragrance.

Salvador Dali LAGUNA reminds me somewhat of Lalique NILANG. They are different in specific notes, but they are the only two fragrances in the unorthodox "aquatic oriental" category that I've every encountered, so they naturally remind me more of one another than either of them reminds me of anything else.

Do I like the "aquatic oriental" category? It would take some getting used, I think. These perfumes both seem unclear and indistinct, but I cannot tell whether this is a virtue or not. Think, for example, of classic films noirs. You wouldn't really want to see them colorized, or even in super-high definition, because part of the essential idea of that genre is the grayness of human existence and moral categories.

Is the same true for LAGUNA and NILANG? In order to determine whether my lack of enthusiasm for these perfumes is more about my lack of familiarity with this genre than it is about the intrinsic value of the genre and the perfumes there subsumed, I'll need to use up both of these minis and see whether familiarity breeds admiration or contempt.

ichigogirl
ichigogirl

On me, the first note is grapefruit, a very fresh, light spray of it, with just a little lemon in it.
Then quickly followed by a breath of man-made ocean (a note that reminds me of cheaper "sea-breeze" or "ocean"-scented shower-creams). Then thyme (not sure where it's from, but it does smell like thyme) quickly followed by a broad base of vanilla and tonka mixed with just a little patchouli and cedar wood.
In between them both, blending the top- and basenotes, a very slight hint of flowers, mainly jasmin and a soft, sweet rose.

Where oh where did all the fruits go, I wonder?

Either way, even without fruits or berries, it's a nice perfume that I am sure I will wear a lot in summer, on the days I want a scent that's well suited for the season but not overloaded with exotic fruits or citrus.

BelleofRivendell
BelleofRivendell

Wow! The smart reviewers below weren’t kidding when they said this is a unique perfume that needs to be smelled in person to be truly appreciated. They were absolutely right. I’ve NEVER smelled anything like this (with the exception that this perfume shares minor peachy characteristics with Dalissime (also a Mark Buxton creation like this one.) I’m so glad this community is full of such excellent enablers because I bought this blind and am VERY happy with the purchase! :o)

At first spritz, I got citruses of every kind, lemon being the lead. Normally this would have turned me off but because of the plum, peach, raspberry, and pineapple, the sharpness of the citruses were tempered and sweetened. The non-citrusy fruits of this phase are perfectly blended. My nose could only pick up their presence, but couldn’t tell them apart.

About 30 minutes later, the “cool/fruity” wetness completely vanished to reveal a warm, ambery heart. On my skin, the middle notes are lead by jasmine and rose; a combination I LOVE! Pineapple (lead), peach (supporting), and raspberry (minor role) are present here along with the florals.

However, although it is not listed in the notes, there’s clearly cinnamon in this cocktail. (Where it distantly reminds me of the salty/citrusy/cinnamon characteristics of “L de Lolita”.)

About 3 hours later, the pineapple, rose, jasmine, vanilla, tonka bean, amber, and sandalwood hummed warmly on my skin. The patchouli and cedar wood was curiously (and thankfully) absent.

Sillage: Medium.

Longevity: After 4 hours, I needed to reapply.

Projection: Stays close to the skin.

Hope you at least get a hold of a small bottle of this wondrous gem of a perfume. :o)

hiraeth
hiraeth

Warm, spicy and oriental on me, with just a drop of the floral note. I got it for my birthday and got suprised at how good it is. BTW, why do I smell cinammon in it?

nyoka
nyoka

ITS just as beautiful as the bottle! It makes me feel like im lying on a beach ,alone except for the call of loons in the distance.THe sun is bright and hot.I cool myself in the turquoise water ,then run into a palm treed haven.Exotic florals and fruits greet me.I gulp juice from a pineapple and suck the meaty flesh from a plum,EXotic birds r calling and a sweet wind blows.IM transported to paradise!

gypsykitten
gypsykitten

I have worn this a couple times, and it really confuses me. It's like smelling the fizz off of a tropical carbonated drink-I can't make sense of it. I haven't given up yet..

Here I was, expecting your typical watery, sugary and somewhat sharp fruity floral before I even gave Laguna a chance.

I had concluded that I was going to hate it, eventually writing a review expressing my disappointment in such a fragrance carrying a legendary artist's name. How wrong could I be?

Salvador Dali's Laguna, is fresh, beachy and, (wait for it...), a spicy oriental. Despite the fruity and citrusy opening; cinnamon, galbanum, Italian iris and rosewood compliment the scent.

This fragrance's composition has been so well blended. I would expect this kind of calibre from a niche scent, not an inexpensive, mainstream brand.

In some ways Laguna is confusing to my senses. It's warm yet Summery, richly spiced yet fresh. The only way I can describe it; it's a beachy, slightly aquatic and fruitier version of Balmain's Ambre Gris.

Unusual and very appealing, Laguna has me pretty much lost for words. Towards the drydown, Laguna loses much of its citrusy notes and becomes quite floral, musky and woodsy.

The coconut alongside the earthy patchouli and cedar, is amazing. It has an almost rich, delicious creaminess that is both exotic and charming.

I must add that the lasting power and sillage are very impressive. I'm so glad to have found this little treasure. I once detested Summer due to the lack of fruity florals that suited me. Finally I don't have to worry any longer.

alina terec
alina terec

this fragrance has nothing beachy in it. i imagined it to be more sunny and fresh. i think it resembles an old vetyver aftershave. the bottle is nice but it it weren't for the cheap looking plastic spritzer it would be great. i'm thinking of giving it away. i want sea and sun en cadaques.

Majah90
Majah90

I remember my mom using this perfume when i was a kid :)
I now have it, and i like it :) My husband LOVES it :D

tekila2525
tekila2525

for me Laguna is the oldest frangance i still have from my child times,till now is indiscripable...in me i get the sexy,summer,but still unique smell till now the opinions are diferent,i got it long time and every year is getting more hard for me to find it.
there is better than this ,but for me is a life time classic and i can recognize this miles away:)
Love it

oh_caroline
oh_caroline

it's nice, but it has too much cedar and amber, you'll see, if you spray, cedar&amber come out after 20-30 minutes, making it all harsh and less pleasent.

but if you're ok ith this aspect, might be just the thing for you. If you like coconut, that is

P.S.-the bottle is fugly, sorry to say that. Looks nice in the pics, but in reality, those big lips look weird, and the "nose" is made of a cheap plastic, and looks very kitschy. And the sprayer is made of plastic and looks cheap too.

Disconouvo
Disconouvo

Imagine you are lying on a beach in a tropical lagoon. An ocean breeze brings with it the scent of a far off thunder storm. It picks up the scent of tropical flowers and whirls around you. Lasting moments of deep warm tropical scent makes this unique fragrance a keeper.
In the early 90's the scent of ozone was captured which made fragrances dazzle in ways they had not before. The note is strange and short lived but it gives an amazing introduction to waiting heart and base notes. Notable ozonic fragrances- Dune, Escape, Laguna, New West. A recent resurgence of the ozonic style has brought True Religion and a new Laguna- Laguna Maravilla.
My muscle bound flatmate loves it and so does his girlfriend.

CaraMia
CaraMia

I'm wearin a heat wave, a tropical heatwave....well Laguna anyway, but it is warm and fruity tropical in a coconut and jasmine way.

There is something about the total composition that reminds me of Venezia despite the dissimilar quality of the notes.Venezia lacks pineapple and coconut and is considered an oriental, Laguna skips the carnation and ylang and is deemed a fruity floral, but there are enough similarities to make me reach for Laguna to get the same vibe. And Laguna is a heavier fruity floral cocktail not a breezy light scent.

I'm loving it and raking in the compliments.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

This fragrance is just too thick on me not much more to say-I blame it on the coconut, and perhaps the patchouli-a watery fruity affair with a sweetness and touch of the typical aquatic-For those of you who love it, you get the interesting bottle and name, and a decent price....but I just don't like anything about it.

Halvah
Halvah

I'm just absolutely in love with this non-expensive, but unique aroma. The very first second after spraying reminds me on Lanvin Oxygene, as it's aquatic quality is really the same as Oxygene's. But the top notes are much juicier, and somewhat spicy, too. It has that interesting salty feeling to it that Dior's Dune has, actuallay it's a salty-sweet character with hints of woods and flowers. Afer it settles, the overall impression is still the salty-sweet oceanic freshness with orris root that is really noticable for quite long time and gives a slightly powdery feeling to it. A few hours later it becomes sweeter in character (a bit reminiscent to Dalissime's sweetness, but Laguna is more complex). It smells like nothing else I've ever known!

aromaminx
aromaminx

this perfume lingers in the air and my clothing whenever i spray iton them for ages.it is fab.for lazy warm beachy days in summer.

kittymoon
kittymoon

I remember this quite well, it's such an extraterrestrial synthetic smell! I liked it for a few weeks (like most of my perfumes those days) and I think the strange bottle and the colour fits wonderful with the weirdness of the scent. I can't point my finger on one single scent, I can just say it was strangely fruity without one outstanding -even existing- fruit. Fresh, maybe a bit soapy clean. A scent for a very artistic, eclectic woman that had her best days in the 90th.

melia
melia

It has an odd smell, something indiscripable... It reminds me of peppermint somehow. I wouldn't say it smells cheap, it's just strange.

When my mother wears it, it sometimes passes by with a breeze of air, and everytime I think 'where does that smell come from?'. Nor in a positive, nor in a negative way.

edit: don't you guys think it smells like some kind of candy? I just don't know which one..

rithacha
rithacha

Laguna was a gigantic let-down. I expected something light, bright, breezy, crisp, and beachy. I thought Laguna would recall golden sands, crashing waves, and white linen cover-ups. Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

It opened with an explosion of mushy fruits, faintly rotting with SWEETNESS. Not summery fruits (like apples or citruses), but preserved plums and canned pineapple instead. Ok, I thought, let's wait it out. Sniffing an hour later I caught the fleshy nuances of Coppertone sunblock oozing across my skin. I normally don't mind the straight-forward smell of sunscreen, but here the coconut is curdled by a nauseating mix of fruits and woods.

I don't understand why Laguna comes off all wrong on my skin, but, hey, anyone want to swap samples?

krishka
krishka

i love this perfume but i don't find it floral -fruity at all....it is like aquatic-oriental (if there is something like this at all this is LAGUNA)! LOL

vioversilver
vioversilver

For the mermaid or siren in every woman out there , this has to be one of the very best beachy, summer scents out there period.There's the whiff of a warm tropical breeze coming off the ocean for sure - the salty spray mixing with hot white sand smell. Sweet & sultry mix beautifully here , which would be the special Dali mix of fruits , (which here includes coconut) which is always done to perfection IMHO - & the perfect blend of spices, musk & woods.
This is not the average watery , soapy summer scent , it's a warm , voluptous one instead. I wouldn't just wear it for warm weather either, it's great for any time of the year!
Lasts five to six hours on my skin .

rotorres
rotorres

This is my first Salvador perfume but won't be my last, as the bottles are gorgeous.Now the perfume, the only thing that keeps me from loving this is the staying power.The smell is gone within an hour, however,it is March and still cold here in Oregon.I'm hoping it will bloom more in summer months.This frag is perfect for warmer weather.

ElenaLondon
ElenaLondon

One of the very best "blatantly cheap" perfume. To be honest it feels cheesy and immoral to be happy that this masterpiece is so affordable . I know I would pay significantly more if this fragrance was released under some niche name.

The opening is very vivacious , all those citrus notes give such a promising start and they won't deceive you. It is much more on your way.
An amazing symphony of fruits and flower notes makes you feel very comfortable and relaxed .Just like on holidays, lazy summer day. There is nothing predominant in my opinion apart from raspberry and jasmine.
The dry-down is outstanding, powdery-woody -musky .
It is one of the ever-lasting scents.
I can not call this fragrance aquatic despite its name.
Overall.. Highly Recommended.

lunaistelle
lunaistelle

Fantastic.

ananda
ananda

Very unique and well-blended, perfect for summer... fresh and fruity, with a hint of salt! An unforgettable fragrance for me. It has the ability to transport one into a dream world, a beautiful and surreal reality, a salty lagoon with blue skies above.
And although it's great for daytime, I find it just perfect for a romantic and breezy night on the beach!...
Very good staying power, even better price! I love it, and have been loving it since I was twelve! This one never gets old...

Breeze
Breeze

I love laguna! To me is a fresh fragrance for delicate women who lives in tropical country and like the simple things.The fragrance reminds me a beautiful, calm and sunny day on the beach.

Sashinka
Sashinka

The best of the Salvador Dali perfume line.

carol.octa
carol.octa

This perfume is fresh and clean and it fits in the Brazilian weather. Great for every occasion, in every season of the year. In the beginning, I love this perfume so much. And, in my opinion, for its price, this fragrance is great and have a good lasting power too. But, after many years using it, I don't think I love it anymore. I just like it and that is it. But, I'm sure I will enjoy every drop of my Laguna's second bottle.

tsa22
tsa22

Got the bottle when I was a kid, but later on I tried the perfume. I was really in love and I still am. Such a different smell then other perfumes!!! I love it so much!

Persephone
Persephone

It's like looking at the fruit through the aquarium. You see it, yet it's behind the glass barrier where the colorful fish squad distracts your attention. Spice adds unusual zest to this fragrance, breaking it's peaceful sweet waters. Do not expect a light fresh floral fruity or aquatic here, this is a very complex and unusual composition. Haunting and instantly memorable.

Luna Dumas
Luna Dumas

I love this perfume! It's perfect for summer use and the lasting power is really good.

baloon
baloon

I love this perfume. it's so fresh, unique and light, but still stays on the skin for a long time. I think the color of the bottle is a perfect chice for this perfume, it's exactly the color that describes its smell.
you should try it!

Zaleska
Zaleska

WOW! This one lasts FOREVER on my skin! :D
I can wash my wrists a lot of times, but it's still there, stronger and stronger! Weird thing!
Not my fav, but it has its qualities, for sure. It's kinda "classic" scent (for me, at least) so I have it in my collection ;)

shelpen
shelpen

This is not your ordinary "floral-fruity" cocktail: thanks to cedar and rosewood it has a noticeable base, jasmine and lily of the valley keep it unmistakably floral. Yet there is some flatness to the fragrance: its development consists of only two parts - top (mandarin, cassis) notes to middle notes (florals-vanilla-rosewood). There is no mystery to the scent; it has some oldness, some stale air, if you
please.
All in all, pleasant fragrance, but a bit boring.

nesca1502
nesca1502

This is a very interesting perfume for me. I usually wear only floral fragrances, I don't like very much spicy ones, but when I tried this, it had a perfect balance for me between this two characteristics. The sandalwood is noticeable through all the time you wear it, and it fits perfectly well with its floral notes. I got compliments and flirtations with this one too.
Also, I love Dali and the bottle is a beautiful design and tribute to his art, the perfumer also captured the surrealism in the fragrance.

Szonja
Szonja

First when I tried it, it had a very strange smell, like a good-quality air-freshener of 'ocean' scent... and still has the same expression if I smell it close to my wrist, and I could not stand it for a long time. Strangely, in opposite it has a very pleasant scent if I smell it not on my wrist but in the air. Like an ocean breeze. But unfortunately I can't wear it. I can't stand it on my skin, it's not a perfume made to wear.
The only thing I want is the bottle... very attractive shape and color.

ktv0926
ktv0926

Laguna is sparkling and full of energy freshness! The scent is not steady, it's vibrant and has curious character.
Brings me a lot of joy, when I sniff it!

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

First off I'm going to say I hate aquatic fragrances so it's extremely difficult to find summer/beachy scents to enjoy. Because of this, Laguna was a great find!

A salty breeze, coconuts, exotic fruits, and the warm glow of sun warming lotioned skin - that's how Laguna makes me feel. A wonderful casual scent and not for evening wear. Lasts all day too - another hard thing to find with summer scents!

snobuni77
snobuni77

This is a nice scent though very basic.It almost smells a bit like a sweeter version of bounce dryer sheets.I don't get much aquatic"ness" from this either & that is what I was expecting.I guess for the price its ok

Fiorenza
Fiorenza

I bought this perfume a few days ago, because of the ingredients - I love the fruits, which are listed in the top notes and I ordered it without smelling it... Honestly, I am disappointed by this fragrance - maybe I expeceted something similar to one of the fruity floral Escada-s... I expecetd it to be more delicious and warm, with more coconut maybe. I find something odd in it - it smells like something cheap, salty and synthetic. However, the endurance is pretty good and if somebody likes the fragarance, it would be a benefit. The bottle is not what I expected as well - although it is non-standard and designery, it looks cheap and not as beautiful as on the pictures. I advise you not to buy it blindly, like I did!

saturn_man
saturn_man

just the fresh notes of the ocean.suitable for the day use in humide parts,specially for taking a walk beside the shores with a casual date.obviously it's not a classic perfume.although it seems good on middle aged females too.the fruity notes are not very clear and not sweet at all.before taking a trip to the shores be sure of taking laguna and escada sunset heat in your bagage.

azuriiita
azuriiita

This is the first perfume that i bought by myself when i was very young girl :) -15 years old- :D
I was searching for any different and distinctive
Today, Im continued to buying Laguna to my collection, because it's a very interesting mixture of scents make this fragrance distinctive, seductive, feminine, relaxing, attractive...
After a while this being more and more interesting fragrance... enchanting, comfortable and uncommon

very different to all of the perfumes you've already tried!you can't just smell it and say the combinations.that's why it's unique.

Malegria
Malegria

I was so in love with Laguna for a while...First, I fell in love with the bottle - the classic nose shape and perfect pair of lips...Somehow it reminded me of Sphynx and Egypt - so mysterious!And the fragrance itself is a complicated one - it is changing with your mood...The memories of sun burned rocks on a beach surrounded with tall pine trees, eating ripe, almost melting pineapples and plums with juice running through your fingers; and then it could take a sudden turn to a cold glass of martini bianco, the warm southern night and a twig of jasmine in someone`s hair...This martini note always fascinated me and made me a Laguna worshipper for quite a while.

KalteStern
KalteStern

There is something about it which really does make me think of water - an ozone/iodine note in there somewhere. One of those you are going to either love or hate, as there is quite a strong, heavy, persistent middle and drydown which goes on for a long, long time, and which can cloy after a while. But not over sweet, despite being heavy, which is an interesting mixture

rdecelasa
rdecelasa

This perfume reminds me on cold winter days, probably because i used it in winer fot the first time. This year i ll be a bit nostalgic and winter will again be denoted with Laguna.

liat
liat

It starts off very watery and fresh, then turns into a weirdly sweet fragrance. The blend it distinctive and the bottle is a reall work of art, so I'd say it's fun to have that in your collection.

ophelia
ophelia

My summer favourite! - despite some sketchy fruity notes that could disappoint you... It's not the most sophisticated scent in the world, but it's still warm, friendly-natural & vanilla-dreamy on me... As if it has a sea /laguna heart ~~~ :o)

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

On my skin I smell most promiently watery verbena, musk, pineapple and lots of orris. It does remind me a bit of the ocean. Laguna was made in 1990 as a tribute to the late artist Salvadore Dali & they have other perfumes I haven't sampled yet. Laguna's bottle is very pretty. The bottle is turquoise blue & has the visage of Aphrodite the Greek Goddess on it. It might smell better on someone else, because the orris seems to overpower every other note upon drydown with my chemistry. A 2.5 stars of 5.

lillybee
lillybee

I'm a quite a fan of the Dali perfume house and wear quite a few of their fragrances, Dalimania, Dalissime, Laguna, Purplelight and Purplelips.

This perfume is a very-well composed, long-lasting scent that produces the same suprisingly strong notes hour after hour. The main theme is floral-fruity which appears the other way round - fruity aquatic first then floral aquatic

Some of the citrusy - fruity sweetness subdued after an hour during leaving a characteristic oriental-spicy bouquet with a hint of soft musk and woody cedar, the sweet-aquatic theme still going strong.

It's an uplifting, modern fragrance (despite its launch in 1991!) fresh and aquatic in character. Recommended for the summer.

2007

Laguna by Salvador Dali 3.66 out of 5 based on 899 ratings and 143 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Salvador Dali Laguna fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Salvador Dali Laguna, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Laguna by Salvador Dali. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Laguna by Salvador Dali represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.