Designers » R S » Oriental Floral « Groups

Salvador Dali Salvador Dali for women
dislike

smoky
Salvador Dali Salvador Dali for women Pictures

A classic female fragrance, with floral gentleness and spicy warmness, very intensive and unusual thanks to the spicy-grassy top notes contrasting with the opulent floral perfume heart. The top notes are composed of mandarin, bergamot, aldehyds, basil and green plants. Jasmine, lily, tuberose, daffodil, neroli, lily of the valley and iris are placed in the heart. The warm, opulent, oriental base contains cedar, ambergris, sandalwood, musk, vanilla, benzoin. The perfume was created in 1985 by Alberto Morillas.

Aldehydes Fruity Notes Green Notes Mandarin Orange Basil Bergamot Incense Clove

Tuberose Orange Blossom Lily Orris Root Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Rose Narcissus Mimosa

Sandalwood Amber Musk Benzoin Vanilla Cedar Myrrh Patchouli Oakmoss

Galanos
Fabulous 1 - Dali
California Poppy
K de Krizia
Gianni Versace

Salvador Dali Fragrance Reviews

irisjetaime

Il y a deux ans jours pour jours j'écrivais un commentaire sur ce parfum. Et c'est vrai que j'avais eu la dent dure à son égard.
Tout d'abord sa tenue. Elle est irréprochable en fait !
Je ne me souviens pas pourquoi en juillet 2014 ma peau n'avais pas imprimée les notes de ce parfum.
Les notes justement : deux ans plus tard il ressort un oriental/floral très chic. L'ambre que j'adore se marie merveilleusement bien au narcisse et cette mousse de chêne est excellente.
En deux ans ma peau a peut-être changé. En tout cas il n' aque les imbéciles qui ne changent pas d'avis..hahahahaha... OUf je suis sauvée...hahahaha

CindySwede

I have already written a review but I am a bit curious to know if anyone has noticed how many perfumes these days have a soapy scent?
I love the classic Salvador Dalí fragrance, it is one of my favorites, but I do notice a distinct difference between the perfume de toilette that I bought last year compared to the one I had almost 10 years ago. The new one is nice but it has a very soapy scent which makes it smell a bit "cheap".
My former perfume de toilette had an amazing depth and character which made it extremely elegant and therefore one of the best perfumes I have ever had, but now something has happened. I wrote an e-mail to Salvador Dalí's costumer service but I have not recieved an answer yet......

RozaMoisevna
RozaMoisevna

What a discovery! Such a wonderful deep perfume with excellent longevity and quality...and the colour looks like some mystical elixir...The lilly and myrrh combination throughout the composition reminds me of the smell present in Russian orthodox churches...

PerfumeEmpress

After searching up and down for this I finally found it for something like $25.50 for a 3.4 oz tester. I am not sure this is the original, though. The bottle is the same. The scent is a little lighter, not quite as oriental as I remember it, not so spicy. So I probably got a blasted reformulation.

However, I can't afford the original at the prices it's going for now. So for $25 I'll just enjoy this for what it is.

I still am adamantly against reformulation, and will continue to condemn that scam for as long as I live.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

When I close my eyes to inhale this fragrance I'm transported into Dali's painting Persistance of Memory with the melting clocks and the bizarre landscape. I imagine that the oxygen in that planet smells like this perfume. This is a rather unusual, rare exotic fragrance that casts a spell on whomever wears it. I find it appropriate to wear to art galleries and museums in winter time (think of the Louvre in Paris in February) with my coats. It's a warm, wintery fragrance made up of woods namely sandalwood and incense. You would like this if you have enjoyed and experienced scents like Paloma Picasso or Paco Rabane's La Nuit. It's smoky, rich, dark, sultry, heady and ah just smells so good. This is a chypre Oriental so you have to like spicy woodsy and aromatic fragrance and you have to be familiar with scents with the notes in this perfume: an opening of citrus fruits, a white floral heart of jasmine and tuberose and a base of smoky frankincense and myrrh, patchouli, cedar woods and oak moss. It's definitely a heavy hitter and more of a unisex evening cologne. Men can also wear this and it would smell just like their men's colognes. I have the vintage splash bottle. One splash on my collar and I'm ready to hit the museums that welcome this fragrance: the Metropolitan Museum in New York where I live, the Louvre in Paris, the Prado in Spain, the Ufizzi Gallery in Rome, and the British Museum in London. This is a fragrance that immediately makes you feel like the most elegant art patron and art lover, like you'd spend millions on a Baroque or Rococo painting auctioned off at Sothebys by some guy you've never heard of. This is such a beautiful fragrance. Love it to death.

Madrona
Madrona

I'm not quite sure about this one. It smells rather old-fashioned, but not in a dated way. I am not sure how old the bottle I got my hands on is, but I get an initial splash of aldehydes and the only thing I sense on the drydown is rose incense. Not a hit on my skin I'd say, but I don't hate it.

magimae
magimae

I don't recall now where I got this at, but I rarely used it, even though I liked it. I was entranced by the bottle, I guess I was saving it and didn't want to use the perfume.But have since changed my mind. I really love the scent of this. It starts out a bit grassy and flowery, but once it is set..the dry down is subtle, but very soft, smelling strongly of a powdery sandalwood, musk and a touch of oak moss and jasmine.
It's something you just want to stop and sniff every so often. It's a classic scent and a little more mature which is up my alley since I'm over 60..but doesn't smell like an old woman's perfume either. It has a somewhat sensuous, seductive scent to it..not really sweet but not acrid or green at all. Actually I think it would be a nice unisex fragrance if it smells different of each person.

m_mtz40
m_mtz40

Reminds me of Armani original, L'Arte Gucci, Leonard de Leonard, etc. Green 80s powerhouse.

HennaQueen
HennaQueen

I love this fragrance; I have it on right now as I write this (my first!) review. This is for the vintage Parfum de Toilette version. The box is cream colored, not shiny or black, and the glass lips are frosted. I do not get a blast of aldehydes on the initial spray, which is when you would most likely smell that note. No, what I get from the beginning is a balmy, resiny rich fragrance, full of benzoin, amber, myrrh and a touch of incense. Upon second sniff, I get a wisp of tuberose anchored in the aldehydes. This is a resiny-rich fragrance on my skin, with the florals and aldehydes singing a soft harmony as the back-up singers. The dry-down is AMAZING. I went to bed with a spritz on my wrists and collarbone, only to wake up 8 hours later with the most sumptuous, velvety resiny dry-down. It lingers on my skin like a warm, opulent hug. If you like Byzance, you will most likely enjoy this scent. I treated myself to a big old 3.4 oz. bottle of the vintage Parfum de Toilette ($28 with free shipping! What a treat!) The bottle is a work of art and quite formidable in your hands. The little black bottle is pure parfum, and is richer in resins and tuberose, very little aldehydes shine through on my skin with the parfum version. I have both, and this fragrance is a LOVE for me!

jenniilou
jenniilou

Liked this 10 years ago, and gave it another try today, bought a 30 ml bottle. And how could i forget about this lovely perfume. Its heavy But Light. White flowers make the balance.This one is great for winter and fall.

Walking Unicorn
Walking Unicorn

It’s not shocking that an artistic genius like Salvador Dali could also produce a magnificent perfume too. This is my third perfume from his line and at first I was chuckling and thinking his perfumes would be edgy, a little frightful, but NO, not at all, in fact Dali fragrances are quite classy. Salvador Dali is a warm, rich, smooth, smoky, white floral oriental. I really love the aromatic blend of benzoin, myrrh and amber along with tuberose, narcissus, jasmine and clove that seem to weave together with my skin’s chemistry. I can see myself wearing this often.

Marie69
Marie69

Lamu,Kenya, 1986. Working as a summer Intern with the United Nations in Nairobi, I have the opportunity to travel to Lamu. We finally reach the Arabic influenced place. Our guide says we are to rest under the white flowering trees in the little plaza. It is late afternoon. Our guide says that there is a man selling the finest spices and herbs in the plaza also. We go around the dusty, stone corner. He is there, and on a tapestry are bags upon bags of spices and herbs. He calls me over and holds out a Jasmin flower to me. The guide says he is asking me to smell the flower. Leather, smoke, patchouli, woods, vanilla, benzoin and sweet amber eminate from his brown weathered hands. And within it all, yet still centrally, I smell the white blooms.

Limpylou

One of the best ever; long lasting and unique. Compliments will follow the day you wear this winter fragrance.

Takes me back to a simpler, younger time.

Absolutely wonderful!

Look on eBay for great prices!

CindySwede

One of the best perfumes ever made. I always have a bottle of this perfume at home.
I really love classy and feminine fragrances and this classic beauty from Salvador Dali is one of the best.
In my personal opinion there are only a few of Salvador Dalis fragrances that really stand out, and this is one of them.
I also wish they would bring back Le Roy Soleil, another gem from this perfume house.

Lalionne
Lalionne

Fragrantlife's review below is spot on, I think. The current version of Salvador Dali has certainly changed. I have an old(er) bottle which has listed 'oakmoss extract' on the back of the box. The new box does not. I have tried old and new side by side and I think that, given all the restrictions in the industry nowadays, the reformulation is well done.
The current version has more flowers, no oakmoss, but it also lacks the somewhat colognish or soapy smell that appears in the older composition (which may be a good thing, for some, I understand). Sillage and longevity are better in the older formula, that lasts like forever. But they are good enough in the current one. I agree with Fragrantlife that the reformulation is worth trying out. For vintage lovers, I may need to add that I never wore Dali back in the nineties, because I was already hooked on Gucci 3 and Armani. So it is not a fragrance I come back to. But I love wearing it now.

katyas
katyas

Such an unusual scent! Initial spray hits with strong spiciness - I mostly smell cinnamon in initially - and I was afraid it would be too strong, but it's not. It sits on the skin and only someone very close will smell it. A few hours later the scent transforms into a soft floral with no trace of spices. I'm impressed with the magic, and love the bottle.

Fragrantlife

Update

I finally received my new bottle. I forgot how gorgeous it looks!

As for the juice... It is somewhat different from what I remember. The Salvador Dali of my youth was a rich, warm oriental. My nose was not very sophisticated in those days, but I am positive there were no discernible flowers. Fast forward to today... I got a burst of indolic tuberose and jasmine with whispers of benzoin, myrrh and amber in the background. For the first hour, it is all about indoles, faintly supported by resins.

Then, the oriental character emerges slowly. It is not as affirmed and rich as it used to be. It seems somewhat thinned down. I also detect some chemicality (I just made that word up, but it works, doesn't it ;-)).

Now, bear in mind that the last time I wore it was over 20 years ago. Moreover, my skin chemistry may have changed as well.

In any event, Salvador Dali is still a beautiful, classic perfume, that escaped the butcher bloc. It just has evolved with the times: a bit more flowers, a bit less resins and patchouli. It is not a drastic change, but certainly noticeable in the first hour. Still a powerful nose kick for modern sensibilities, but more muted for those who lived the in-your-face '80's.

A great perfume to revisit or discover.

Fragrantlife

Funny how everyone says this is a perfume for mature women. I used to wear it between the ages of 19 and 23. Along with Chanel no19 and Jardin de bagatelle. And nobody thought it was for a mature audience. Then again, my friends in their late teens were wearing Poison, Paris, Ysatis, Opium and Chloe (the original) -- in the classroom. And the boys were splashed with Polo and Azzaro. Yet, nobody complained about 'fume overload, nor made a distinction about young and mature perfumes. Well, this was in France, so maybe the culture was different.

As for Salvador Dali, what a beauty! I plan to revisit it soon.

Planet_X
Planet_X

Salvador Dali is an iconic smoky-spicy full-structured oriental, as good and remarkable as Opium, Habanita and Sonia Rykiel La Parfum. Its complicated and cognacy smooth, extravagant and enveloping, this is the one that you can rely on forever and ever in complicated situations when you need a shoulder-smell.
Salvador is so confident and warm, full of good quality of amber, benzoin and myrhh. On me its a real oriental rather than an oriental-floral with its plentiful of clove and incense vibe.
I am very surprised ppl can smell aldehydes here - I don't. And very surprised they call it "dated" since no one call "dated" Ambre Sultan.
We've got horrible wind-storms here in Scotland, you just want to hide yourself in such evenings in a big chair, somewhere near the fireplace, with ancient book, blanket around the shoulders and Salvador Dali on that blanket. To reconstruct that haunting atmosphere of "The Woman In Black".
5 from 5 from me.

Peachysugarbuns
Peachysugarbuns

Fragrances that have boisterous, spicy openings or mega-aldehydic openings end up having the most lovely drydowns on my skin (i.e. Versace by Gianni Versace 1981 version). Salvador Dali scared the crap out of me at first, so I waited, knowing it could turn awesome.

It opens with a blast of masculine spice; clove oil in particular, and orange - the oils of the peel, not the sweet juice. This becomes very feminine very quickly! I immediately detected an abundance of resin and sandalwood and some gentle flowers amongst the spice. Right before I deemed this a very woody and spicy fragrance, vanilla appeared, and being the good taming agent she is, coaxed the lot of initial notes into a calm state.

The drydown is "smooth" spice and vanilla on my skin. It is perfect for chilly holdays. The woods and resins move back to dance the chorus and work the support of the show, instead of zinging around front and center. Salvador Dali lasts for eons in its beautiful drydown state.

The bottle is art, too! Win!

meissie1982
meissie1982

This one was a gift, my aunt had it for years and years, and could not throw it in the bin.
She loved the bottle so much, but not the juice.
As she knew I started to collect perfumes she gave it to me. And she mentioned me; horrible and heavy.

The juice what a beautifull brown and dark color, it's the old formula for sure.
(Aunt bought it in Spain in the '80 just for the bottle and as souvenir.)
A wiff at the cap; myrrh is strong, yes indeed raisin/myrrh blast so warm and comforting.
Amber is smoothing the whole compilation of notes. The inscence provides an enchanting feel when sprayed on.

Right away a classic masterpiece, longlasting on my skin last for 12 hours.
Powdery but spicy al the way.
I told my aunt how much I love this one and she was so happy for me. And said I check my closet if there's more stuff :-) jipie

STRAG
STRAG

Another amazing perfume disappearing slowly from the shelves. I love this exotic, rich oriental! I can feel the 90's in it, and brings back such memories!

PerfumeEmpress

Bring it back. Please bring it back. Pretty please? Unreformulated, of course.

Loewengel
Loewengel

A master piece by Alberto Morillas. That perfect blend of citrus notes, the woody accord and white flowers makes this perfue a ground-breaking creation back in the 80s. You just can't stop smelling it. Truly feminine, mysterious, enigmatic, suitable for a woman in full, who know what she wants and how to get it. Classy, refined, elegant, glamorous, opulent and lush. What else could a woman ask for from a perfume? Just to have the personality to fit this remarkable fragrance. I call it the sacred monster of perfumery.

Very strong classic feminine scent. Not bad at all compared to the other classics. Still, not my taste, because I am not a big fan of the classics.
It surprised me with it's deep rich scent. I thought it's somhow low in quality, but I can't say that.
Strong, aldehytic scent with lots of amber and sandalwood. So many notes, that my nose gets confused. Also enormous sillage and longevity.
I think it's a little masculine.

Limpylou

This rich, long lasting fragrance takes me right back to the late '80's.... Early 90's.... Very evocative of a different time. Always receive compliments and questions...it is available on eBay, don't give up if it is a favorite!

Sympa mais sans plus.
Tout se mélange à la manière d'un Chanel n°5.
Une vague impression d'un narcisse, d'un boisé, d'une épice où tout serait difficile à discerner.
Je subodore que ce parfum à dû subir une féroce réinterprétation et j'imagine qu'à sa sortie dans les années 80 il était vraiment très beau.
La tenue est très très médiocre et ça c'est difficilement supportable quand on veut jouer dans la cour des grands parfums !!
Après 6 heures d'aspersion je ne sens plus rien sur mon corps où pourtant toutes les zones réputées mettre en valeur un parfum ont été généreusement parfumées (le cou, l'intérieur du pli du coude etc..).
Le côté aldéhydé s'estompe très très vite !
Enfin bref !! Je suis assez déçue de ce Dali là ;o)

nadicamihajlovic
nadicamihajlovic

Very eccentric scent for a woman. First sprayed, remind me on aftershave and old soap, and later came something animalistic, like horse sweat... There is also incense...but impression is still animalistic. Somehow you obsessively smell this and you know it must be one of Dali's jokes. Mysteriously, wild, unusual...You believe you don't like it but keep smelling it.

Iris_it
Iris_it

Parfum de toilette first version : this is a love /hate fragrance for me . I love so much its lushious ambery drydown and floral heart but the opening is spoiled by strong nasty aldehydes which linger for a while .
I have a splash bottle which I decanted on a spray one but ... I'd better use it dabbed on because the weird opening is less longlasting .
I have to admit I put up with this because the following development is pure gold and it is a very longlasting fragrance . So , do not get rid of Salvador Dali too fast , should your nose experience on your skin the unhappy opening other reviewers have noticed : wait about 30 minutes before judging , if you have the patience .

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

I used to have it in 90s, black bottle, the box looked the same with Dali pic, but was black. Heavy floral oriental, average longevity, for mature age, seems since then perfume was repackaged, did not try the new version.

samsara82
samsara82

Dear Readers,

I must say this fragrance is a true chameleon , a shape shifter that changes like the moon and let me explain why.

For a long time I always saw this on my great aunt's mantle over the years and was just last year I decided to just give in to its presence that was always glimmering at the corner of my eye every time I always went to visit her and low and behold it become more interesting as I got closer and saw it was a perfume in a nose and lip shape glass bottle , I was mesmorize by it and I asked my great aunt who made this fragrance and may I take a whiff of it please, she being a stoic personality although her voice is like a soft and light like bells rung by angels , she said sure give it a try and its from Salvador Dali with a smile and that look of :mm yeah try it".
I remember Dali creating art in painting , song n film for bohemian artists and his fantastic jewelry but I never thought he made fragrances too, and when I took a whiff of that dark amber beauty...I was entranced by its exotic scent that I could not put my finger on but I knew was spicy with a ambry spirit, sort of like Coco Chanel and Opium mix together but with something else and smelled sublime on me too, so I had to have it for my collection for I doubt my great aunt will leave me this relic of fine artistry in her will when she passes , sadly though all this time I visited her I could never smell this on her , odd.

Anyways, I got this for my birthday, although a tiny bottle of it that's so cute since the bigger bottles are not around as much since realizing its discontinued now since I went looking for it in department stores and the young sales girl had no idea who Dali was , (eye rolls,how they got the job, blinds me) but thank god for older sales ladies that take their fine work seriously and educate themselves and seen it all and still looking fabulous , they informed me the history and it became discontinued recently, so where you find S.D perfume buy it for its now a rare piece of art.

So thank heavens and fabulous mother that she surprised me with on my birthday recent with this little cute and sensual bottle. and my review of this perfume..
its exotic , as I told my sister I will share this with you dear readers, this perfume is a chameleon and shape shifter, when it tried it first at my great aunts house, it was amber spicy and on my birthday I put some on and it smelled exactly like Chanel no5, so I was happy but then trying it again after that..it changed again now its all spicy narcissus with vanilla?.

Indeed very strange that on me its unpredictable and exotic, like dream. never know what your going to dream once you submit to the sand man each night, mind you to get it clear, this isn't a whiney emo hipster complain, no..im just sharing this experience with a smile on my face and enjoying this shape shifter arms wrapped around me and learning the inspiration to the bottle isn't Gala Dali but a goddess of love and desire Venus, so for me this explains why its complex and multi dimensional , since the beauty of Venus/Aphrodite power of beauty exist in all things and its in the sacred plants that makes this perfume very vivid and unique like all women's beauty , for there's a piece of Venus in all of us even in men too.

I will recommend this perfume but its one of those if you can , try before buying because its unpredictable but sophisticated , Im glad this smells great but I have this perfume as a personal secret delight I wont want to share with the world, only me to enjoy in my personal realm and if you have a bottle of this and don't want anymore because your find "the juice" hideous, call me maybe, I accept donations .

Labaloo

An added note to men who'd like to try wearing this, subtly- do it attar-style: apply one or two sprays to your hand, set down bottle, rub hands together gently (ignore the old tales of "bruising" a fragrance- doing this simply accelerates the evaporation of the top-notes) and rub your hands over arms, chest, neck- then dress; handling your clothes will also deposit some scent on them too- and it is gloriously-exotic and "incense-y"... Men's chemistry seems to highlight the darkest, richest notes of this composition well, I might add.

Replace nose-cap.

Be mesmerizing.

Lakambini
Lakambini

An elegant, lady-like floral-oriental that registers both lush and mature to my nose. It reminds me of piano lessons, waiting my turn while my older sister plays, smelling the varnished wood of the ancient school piano mingled with the pale odor of yellowing music books and the powdery opulent scent drifting up from our teacher's dress. Deep, fleshy narcissus is the floral that I register the most, wafting out of a matrix of oriental woods. (This is, by the way, a vintage mini I am reviewing). It reminds me of my childhood, when upper middle-class women in my country (Asia, not Europe, btw) carried handbags that matched their shoes, coiffed their hair, wore custom-sewn clothing, took time with their makeup. The fragrance was released in 1985, and by then, fashion was cultivating a different, rather more belligerent, image of woman; this fragrance harks back to an even earlier time.

ms rochambeau
ms rochambeau

Beautiful, mysterious and beguiling. I've had it since the early 1990's, but today it suddenly remnded me of Serge Luten's Chergui...in a good way.

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

The original Dali fragrance for women (or men). How awesome it is! I find it very potent upon opening - as strong as a powerful slap in the face! There's a tonne of green notes and citrus fruits that are very invigorating, and a lovely fresh soapiness that accompanies these notes.

There's some rose, jasmine and some other floral aromas lurking around in there, but it's hard to tell what they are. About two hours later I detected a lovely oozy rich amber and incense aroma combined with a gloriously heady, musky, resin scent which must be the myrrh, benzoin, and cloves. I'd go so far as to say that the personality of this scent is quite 70's. That being green notes, powerful, pungent, enduring, sexy and smouldering.

Wear this one with caution if you're not familiar or accustomed to powerful, heavy, heady scents that are strong in character! Some people may find it abrasive because it is bold, but don't be put off by that initial thought process.

The bottle. The ultimate in Dali fragrance delivery! A sculpture to keep in your bottle collection! A perfume and work of art combined into one stunning package!!!!

The first time I wore this, I put it on a couple of hours before bed - I thought that I was going to need a lot of convincing before I could like this one. I went to sleep, and was awoken by a beautiful ambery incense aroma that blew me away! I couldn't believe the transformation! I didn't believe it was the same fragrance I put on earlier in the evening. I was so impressed with that! I believe that's the mark of a great fragrance. The metamorphosis was wonderful. A real fragrance journey! I love it when that happens!

Labaloo

This was the first SD frag I bought- way back around '90- just for the bottle. It's only recently that I've been seriously analyzing it. Definitely wait 30 minutes or so before judging this one- the aldehydes are a bit screamy at first, but afterward- truly a beautiful floriental-chypre with its own character: ambery, hints of spices (I smell Ceylon cinnamon along with clove), and narcissus... I kept sniffing, thinking 'I KNOW that flower- what is it?!' Now I know- yes, spot on: daffodils! Expert, seamless blending- and I agree with other commentators: the right man could pull this one off if used sparingly (like one spray/walk through)- it has a whopper of a sillage and excellent longevity (24+ hours on me). And on a woman: the perfectly-seductive, cool-season, evening frag indeed!

aber19
aber19

This perfume is fantastic, long lasting and floral. In the vein of the Chanel 5, but it is more sweeter. It lasts about 8+ on clothes and lifts up one's spirit. This perfume is hard to get in Australia, but I have bought this on Ebay for about $50.00. I have bought two bottles because I think it may be discontinued soon or harder to get because it is not a heavily publicised perfume.

Having a large number of perfumes, I have to say this is in my top five. It is a classy, sweet smelling perfume which reminds me of a heavily fragrant garden. It reminds a little of first from van clef. I love the bottle and the perfume is an absolute masterpiece. I think it is a floriental perfume which makes a statement, a little goes a long way. You will smell whiffs of it when you are walking. I have used both in the day and evening I never tire of this gem. I remembered this treasure in the 1980's and it has not changed thankfully by reformulation.

boruvka44
boruvka44

Parfum de Toilette - it´s full-bodied, well blended, feminine.
I don´t like the frist 10 minutes of opulent craziness, full of everything, almost too much, plus it smells like a nail polish remover, probably those aldehydes that later turn to delicate soap. You have to give this one time, then it´s nice and soft oriental floral.
Sweet amber, sandalwood, bitter myrrh, spices, tangerine skin and light soap. Dali smells like something between Tocade and classical 80´s like Ysatis or White Diamonds, its just lacking their ugly plastic notes.
I see ladies on the court of Louis XIV, taking a walk in Versailles gardens.
Absolutely perfect for lonely nights watching Angelique (the 1960s Michèle Mercier of course! ♥)

tterekhova
tterekhova

I went out of my way to get this perfume from US Salvador Dali museum and ended up throwing the bottle away how horrible the scent was. To the point of offensive.

I bought another small one at the museum counter in Figuerus, Spain (Salvador Dali Museum) just as a tribute to my love to the artist and sweet teen's memories associated with the bottle.

Not sure my first purchase was even authentic... But it's interesting how our preferences change over time.

Beaufort
Beaufort

I'm getting a beautiful creamy apple with ginger and spices,but even so would describe this as a spicy floral
rather than gourmand.

SEX IN A BOTTLE !!!

suhaesa
suhaesa

its an iconic perfume.. from bottle to juice..its a legend ..among the great perfumes of the 80ies ..totally unique.. ambery ..powdery ..deep ..rich .. voluptuous yet leinier..its a mellow note ..the accord play the symphony on a slower base.. low key.. doesn't scream loud stays low..develops slowly.. but surely.. i am not crazy in love with it.. but its a classic worth mentioning and studying to be part of the iconic perfumes in perfume history...to me i feel its a bit sad a duller perfume if we can say so ..

100 ml edp
perfume ratting 4 out 5
bottle ratting 4.5 out 5
my personal liking ratting 3 out 5

joliecat
joliecat

Salvador Dali is very deep, soft, lush, rich, with tender mild spices, and it's sweet but not too sweet, floral but not flowery. Slightly powdery drydown. Could easily be unisex. Wears close to skin and lasts until you wash it off. A very rich, expertly blended, full-bodied classic !

natural
natural

love at first sniff!! sexy, deep, mysterious, woman'ish! words are not enough to describe it! this one was the first perfume I fell in love with!

Peachyface1
Peachyface1

Feminine, mysterious, sexy......

instantjim
instantjim

My local perfume store is a couple of days from closing down and I went to see what stock they had left. This perfume was on the counter, unboxed for $5. I generally have an idea of the perfumes my wife will like and ones she won't and ones that are a little risky to buy. I smelled this one and snatched up a bottle to buy immediately. What a classic! It is such a hideously ugly bottle that it is beautiful. The richness of this floral is wonderful and the fact that it has a strong oriental aspect makes it doubly good. It smells like another fragrance, which from memory might be escape by Calvin Klein. An excellent complement to the male version of the fragrance (of which I have 5 bottles - they were clearing it for $7.50 how could I resist?). I plan to go back to the store today and buy another couple of bottles.

Once the opening subsides this is not too far from being unisex actually. There's a real nice combination of what seems like civet, castoreum (these two may be what's listed as ambergris), sandalwood, and something sweet/ambery. It's a little creamy but not too much, and I'd say it's very nicely blended. There is powdery iris blending with the floral and perhaps some other note to create a kind of top floor, which sits on the excellent base. Mine is vintage and I haven't tried more recently made ones, so for all I know there are multiple formulations.

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

Another Oriental that I love and keep returning to.
Tuberoses and neroli greet me at the first whiff and swirl around me. Than, the amber and sandalwood join in giving it a feeling of warmth, and -finally- in the dry-down there is a hint of lily of the valley and narcissus without that the scent becomes 'floral'. The silage is great, the longevity impressive. A real recognizable character for autumn/winter, sultry nights, or just because you love wearing a warm, sensual perfume.

It's a classic and stays true to itself. Throughout the years I have -sadly- witnessed many beloved perfumes being "improved". And some of them smelled better, but mostly they were 'damaged'. This one has resisted tampering and smells just as good as it always did. Thank you Dali!

mymlan
mymlan

Apart from the "aldehyd alert" in the topnotes this is a very classic and gentle floriental. I used to have it in the 90's and liked it a lot at that time. Now, the aldehydes feels somewhat dated as they smell like a big burst of washingpowder in the initial spray, and they hang around and annoys me for quite some time.

However, the combination of amber and benzoine is perfect in this fragrance which tunes down the sharpness of the sandalwood by adding swetness and depth. In the background juicy fruit notes and tuberose are swirling aroung creating a very comfortable fragrance. So, again... apart from the aldehydes, I still love it. Well done Salvador Dali!

madamesinn
madamesinn

The subsequent variants on this perfume are staggering-I had no idea but someone somewhere sure is cashing in!
My cousin bought a large bottle as a gift for my 18th and, despite the unsubtle packaging, I remember it as surprisingly understated and classic. Somehow managing to be simultaneously warm and inviting; clever.

Foolishly, I think I either stashed it away/donated it.
Cue much rummaging at my parent's house.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

This is a wonderful 80's chypre, which initially smells very similar to Paloma Picasso to me. It has the same distinctive soapy rose amid plenty of oakmoss and patchouli at the base. A great perfume at a great price! Very pleased that I found this as this type of scent is my preferred style
The drydown is an unexpected delight. The white floral notes listed are perfectly legible, winding through the amber patchouli almost like a cool night breeze - splendid stuff and totally full bottle worthy!

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

The bottles of Dali's perfumes....such a statement in your wardrobe. The scent of this one is classic, a bit strong but in a good way. It's smells elegant & classy.

I.I
I.I

I love Dali perfumes SO MUCH, if I had to choose only five perfumes to wear for ALL of my life, I would surely incluse Dalissime and Laguna/ or Dalimania.
I love Purple Lips and Purple Lips Sensual.
I thought I would like this because I had smelled in back in the 90's. I used to like it back then but I guess our tastes change and I also guess it was more fashionable then.
I don't like it very much and I am not happy I bought a huge 100ml bottle and I'm not happy that my pre-teen daughter loves it so much!
I would love to exchange it for another Dali scent but my daughter won't let me.

I find it an old-fashioned perfume which bears the characteristics of another era, outdated for a quite young woman of our days.
The initial blast is very aldehydic and the middle stage is purely soapy as someone other mentioned.
What you finally get, is a reminisent of a church incense or something similar.
I like incense but no, thanks. I find this scent a bit odd and totally not my style.
I'll stick to Dalissime and Laguna and give it for a swap as soon as my daughter gets bored of it.

Grottola

AHA! I FOUND OUT THE SMELL THIS REMINDS ME OF!

Matrix Biolage Shampoo!

Grottola

This review will cover both the Parfum de Toilette and Parfum of Salvador Dali.

Alberto Morillas is probably the biggest money-maker in the perfume industry. He has either created or had a hand in an insane amount of the most popular fragrances out there, and basically all of the fragrances he has created are still around today. For me, it's always exciting to take a popular artist and dive into their earlier works, whether it be perfumery, music, or something else. So, that being said, let's take a look at Salvador Dali from 1985.

Parfum de Toilette:

I would consider Salvador Dali to be among the first fruity-florals. Its lactonic, resinous nature paved way for the future quite well. The blending in this fragrance is superb; I'm having a hard time picking out the individual notes. What I do get is a luxurious, syrupy oriental-floral with a fruity twang. The resin (I do smell styrax/benzoin) holds it all up and helps with the sweetness, but it never gets overbearing. I also get some rose out of this concentration, and therefore I'd say that the Parfum de Toilette is the weaker and slightly more powdery version of the two.

Parfum:

Gorgeous. The resin is in full force here - it's just a big, syrupy, lactonic masterpiece. The sillage and projection are immense. Very few times before have I smelled a fragrance that can project such an alluring aura of mystery like Salvador Dali parfum can. I plan to get more of it.

Conclusion:

I was able to find a boxed set of four different Dali perfumes at Perfumania. They were all 5ml minis, and the Parfum and Parfum de Toilette of the original Salvador Dali were both included. And, thank my lucky stars, the ingredients lists on both concentrations listed oakmoss AND tree moss! Unfortunately, I don't smell much moss, but all the same, Salvador Dali is an extremely well-crafted fragrance. It's an extremely unisex smell that I think would smell amazing on a dude. I'll probably revise this review when I get some sprayers to decant it into, and then go from there. So far, though, I love it... when one can blend a fragrance so well that picking out the individual notes is tough, even if you're searching for them, and it turns into a simply divine affair, the perfumer certainly deserves praise. Bravo, Alberto Morillas!

calyx93
calyx93

The florals, aldehydes and resins are all very nice, but I look at this as an ode to a very beautiful and refined cedar. It has a lovely arid and seasoned glow - much like the color of the liquid itself. The parfum de toilette is lovely, but this is really experienced best as the parfum - which incidentally can still be found in small boxed sets for not too much money.

It's another fragrance that may have been conceived for women, but men can pull this off with ease as well. I, for one, believe that a man's skin really amplifies the cedar and ambergris base to a very good effect.

Justyna
Justyna

Give it a chance and wait... Top notes may seem too sharp and aldehydic, middle notes too soapy and floral, but the base! What a delight! Next day after application my pillow smelled of sweet reisins, myrrh and even rum, softly blended:) I had no drink last night and it took me a while to connect all this wonders with Salvador Dali. I went to bed with an older lady and waked up with a drunk Beauty!

Massacura6
Massacura6

Classy for the mature women

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

These days owning 100 ml bottle of Salvador Dali perfume. This one was my very first perfume when I was 16 years old. Girl when getting first scent, its the kind You never forget it and if possible it should be in collection all the way. When I am sniffing my wrist and closing my eyes, I still remember how i was in perfume store, saw this one, tried, walked away, but scent stayed to my mind strongly and... at the end I could not resist to buy it ***<3<3<3***

Saintkitty
Saintkitty

Salvador Dali is truly classy scent! It will beautify any women. Adelhydes is not the main theme of this perfume. I feel the great flower bouquet. It feels like Salvador Dali took the best from all olfactory groups.
But it’s too mature for me. Salvador needs queen, but I’m only a princess.

biancaloren
biancaloren

love it and miss it. earthy and comforting, little powdery but its evening feel and sweet incensy scent hooked and kept me.

Hyponse
Hyponse

I think this was one of my first "real" perfumes in the middle of the 80`s. It was probably too grown up for me, but I liked it.I remember it to be floral, powdery, and oriental.

picasso_x
picasso_x

The great one bottle design and great scent too.It's green,powdery,flower but not sweet and woody .Romantic,classic scent. First time I smell in Hongkong. Whenever I smell this perfume,I would miss Hongkong.

Louw
Louw

Like the other Dali fragrances, I find this one nice but uninspiring. It's a decent, warm, floral with a touch of spice, but I lost interest in it very quickly and haven't missed it. Gorgeous bottle, though.

i'm loving this, but i didn't when i 1st put it on. it came across very strong and spicy, with harsh cinnamon. now that it has calmed itself down, it is a burst of floral goodness, with a wonderful musk/cedar base. and the myrrh is devine. i really can't stop smelling my wrist. what a warm comfort scent. its reminding me of evening in paris for some reason, altho evening is more powdery. kind of warm like tabu. i don't know, its just bringing out a lot of reactions and memories of other perfumes i have or had over the years. this is a winner for me.

Migotka
Migotka

There were times when Salvador Dali perfumes were considered the bees knees and upper shelf. It was alsmost a luxury to own a bottle and to be able to display it at home.

Those times are gone, it seems. Finding Salvador Dali in big perfume stores is very difficult, and even if, they seem to be placed mostly on the bottom shelves.

I love the desing of the bottles- this is one thing that I find is universal and makes the fragrances momre memorable.

Salvador Dali EDP was my favourite out of all the fragrances. I think I liked it so much I would not hesistate to wear it today. Sweet, floral-fuity, with excellent proportions of all the ingredients, soft musk/vanilla/jasmine undertones. Delicious, mature, romantic, very classy. A composition that is supririsingly not outdated.

blueberry
blueberry

SD is an elegant, powdery and well balanced composition for the lovers of classic perfumes which are distinct to the user, yet keep close to the skin. Suitable for colder days and classic attire. Likeable, but nothing extraordinary nor captivating. I would say that it turns a bit boring at the end of the day. It is good and quite long lasting, but not really my cup of tea. Once I'll end up the 30ml bottle I will make room for a different fragrance, as my olfactory journey continues.

moly
moly

I remember that me and my sister bought this scent for my mum many years ago, because we liked the bottle. But fortunately it worked really well on our mum, as she likes oriental fragrances. I don't remember the scent itself, only that it was rich, classical and elegant, perfect for special occasions.

Disconouvo
Disconouvo

With purpose Salvador painted "Aphrodite of Knidos as she appeared in a pyramid" in 1979.

The same year he entered into a licensing agreement with Confinluxe. The painting appears on the box and has bottle designs included in the paintings composition.

It is reported that perfumer Alberto Morillas was horrified when Dali made his way through the lab pouring precious concentrated scents and attars after sniffing at the lids. The biggest shock was that Dali had come up with a wonderful rather raw inspiration to work from. Dali had developed fragrances for Scharpirelli in the 30's and 40's and he had released fragrances under his own name in the 50's.
Morillas masterful hand adjusted the formulation to a wearable divine interpretation of Dali's quest for a fragrance that would invoke memory. The scent pays homage to Aphrodite, the goddess of love and to all the goddesses to follow that would wear it.

Dali believed that no fragrance is complete until it is worn as you are the final ingredient. So when you wear this scent you are completing Art. Because your physiology changes daily, each day you wear this perfume you complete and create new art. "Where there is creation death cannot exist...." " ...Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

The signature scent of Salvador Dali had its launch postponed in 1982 due to the death of his wife Gala. It originally was offered as a concentrate in a limited clear 300ml bacarrat crystal flacon numbered, signed and given to royalty, celebrity and the glitterati of the art world.

The commercial release was observed by Salvador Dali in 1985. The concentrate came in a numbered black crystal bottle now highly collectable. His prolific writings left inspiration for many more fragrances and the Salvador Dali fragrance company continues to flourish today.

Halvah
Halvah

It's a beautiful classy scent. At first, it reminds me on Chanel No5, but for not too long, since Salvador Dali turns into an intimate, complex, ultrafeminine and yes, sexy fragrance. More for the nights and dates than for the office. A little goes a long way so use it with a light hand, it will last for hours and hours, and dry down to a unique, spicy-powdery, slightly green (minty? or is it the basil?) finish.

A great classic!

Persephone
Persephone

Once developed on the skin, it's like a big exquisite bouquet of dry flowers sitting on a black marble table of an old grand French mansion. It's late afternoon and the setting sun illuminates the room full of dusty antiques. The night is yet to come, but still...it's late afternoon. Classic.

guest_Ms. Pink
guest_Ms. Pink

One word: AWESOME

turkishrose
turkishrose

sexy one..

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

My mom had it when I was a little girl or a teen. It was the black bottle, i liked it and the scent so much. I have now a little bottle and use it rarely, on "big holidays". An unusual sign scent. I love it as I love other Dali's fragrances.

guest_nijmegen
guest_nijmegen

GOOD VERY GOOD SCENT very feminine.....very hmmm how to find a good word.....very intimate fragrance.....smell close but strong to the skin.....AT THE BEGINNING A LOT OF FLOWERS(but not fresh) AT THE END VERY ORIENT.......interesting scent for a women with big class....for a real women ....not for the little p.....ies

cora
cora

I was young and loved it. As all young people i used this parfum quite generously and every day. My poor poor friends:-)))

mlinde
mlinde

To me, this a uniqe perfume and Yes, the staying power is great! It's one of those scents that lingers on for hours and hours. There is little left in my bottle and it brings on so mnay memories that will have to keep it or buy a new one.
With this Salvador Dali, we are talking seduction,femininity and romantic meetings. Nothing for the office because of its power, but a perfect perfume for evenings. It is spicy and flowery at the same time and the dry down is fabulous, very warm. In my opinion, a modern classic!

liat
liat

Great looking bottle! Very "artistic". The content is good, too. Not for hot climates or too young women, though.

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

Refined, lush, powdery floral with some oriental notes is how I'd describe this. My husband liked this one very much. The flacon is cute. It has a portrayal of the mouth of Aphrodite that was taken right out of one of Dali's own paintings. I have read that Princess Caroline of Monaco is a loyal user of this PDT. Upon wearing this develops into a surprisingly deep and long lasting scent. Hubbie really likes this one on me too. DESIGN HOUSE - Salvador Dali YEAR INTRODUCED - 1983 SCENT - subtle, oriental CLASSIFICATION - refined FRAGRANCE NOTES - exotic, rich, oriental florals. RECOMMENDED USE - evening