Designers » R S » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Acqua Essenziale Salvatore Ferragamo for men
dislike

marine
Acqua Essenziale Salvatore Ferragamo for men Pictures

Acqua Essenziale by Salvatore Ferragamo is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men. This is a new fragrance. Acqua Essenziale was launched in 2013. The nose behind this fragrance is Alberto Morillas. Top notes are mint and lemon leaf; middle notes are geranium, rosemary, lavender and sea notes; base notes are patchouli, vetiver, musk and labdanum.

Mint Lemon Leaf

Geranium Rosemary Lavender Sea Notes

Patchouli Vetiver Musk Labdanum

Silver Shadow Altitude

Acqua Essenziale Fragrance Reviews

perfume243
perfume243

Chenel blue vs acqua Essenziale los do juntos en una misma noche RICOOOOO. ELEGANTE Y AFRUTADO.

Buysblind
Buysblind

This is why I really like Acqua Essenziale: It smells very similar to Bleu but is better suited for the summer, and it completely lacks that rough, caustic synthetic note that pops up in Bleu's opening. It also features a beautiful, watery texture that emanates from its heart, similar to that found it Acqua di Gio. For a summer fragrance, I prefer this quality over Bleu's denser incense-based heart, which at times can feel heavy and unnecessarily complicated. I'm not saying that this is better than Bleu, because I believe Bleu has more depth, complexity, and development than Essenziale, but it is a very nice, incense-less version of "Bleu Light," and has actually managed to take Bleu's one major flaw (the scratchy, harsh opening) and fixed it in favor of a cool, sweet aromatic top that is immediately appealing and pleasant. It also holds pretty well and projects at what I think is the perfect level--not too strong but more than adequate. This is a great choice for a hot day and pretty much suitable for anyone. With so many aquatics out there, it's sometimes difficult to separate the good from the bad and mediocre. Acqua Essenziale certainly deserves a place among "the good."

invaderlark
invaderlark

This is a first impressions review so take it with a grain of salt; I feel like this is a combo of Yves Saint Laurent's L'homme Libre and Chanel's Bleu De Chanel. This fragrance, and the ones mentioned above, are pretty "blue" smelling. I'm getting upfront a lot of the mint, vetiver, and sea notes. I'm surprised there isn't violet leaf in this. My family doesn't like it even though they love Bleu De Chanel. I'll update on longevity and projection later on with a full review. It also reminds me of an aquatic Roadster by Cartier.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

UPDATE: This stuff smells like a watery Bleu De chanel...Opening veryy fruity then it settles into Bleu De chanel type scent

Raidersteveo
Raidersteveo

I am surprised I have not reviewed this one yet mainly because it's my signature scent. The reason it became my signature is because it is one of only two or three in my collection that is absolutely intoxicating. I can't get enough of it. There is something about the blending of the mint, lavender, and water notes that becomes something of a catnip for me. I can't offer you a more complex analysis other than that I am afraid. In layman's terms is just freakin' good!

The sillage is at least moderate if not slightly better and the longevity is better than average.

This is yet another well done Alberto Morillas creation.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

I was going through TJ Max the other day and found this PHENOMENON fragrance for 39usd. When I first sprayed it on, I get this fresh cool fresh vib with a minty/ lavender aroma. After 10min I also pick up a sweet undertone from either musk and or patchouli making it a real attractive summer fragrance. I have wanted to buy this frag when it first came out but I wasn't sure if I would like it. After testing it several times, I knew that it was going to be part of my MUST HAVE during the summer months. Both Vetiver and labdanum balance this frag from the pronounced lavender/minty aromatic scent which I adore★
Longevity and Silage is excellent lasting on my skin over 8hrs spraying it once.
Overview,
This frag is definitely not a generic/drugstore fragrance. I do agree with those who say that it has a hint of Bleu from Chanel. Those who think it's generic should check to make sure they were testing the correct fragrance. After 24hrs later I could still pick up a whiff of the minty/lavender scent.
The only note that isn't list and my sense of nose picks up juniper berry? It would interesting to see who else can smell juniper?
Final comment, I'm very pleased with this frag and I would definitely buy another bottle after I finish this bottle. Rating this fragrance is easy...HIGH APPRAISE...TWO THUMBS UP...★★★★★ :-)))))

dmirror
dmirror

So many good summer scents too choose from this one is a definite buy on pay day just from testing it out in the store I can kind of tell that this fragrance most likely has good longevity and sillage I got the approval from my girl she likes it but that's not a surprise cause she likes bleu de Chanel which smells a little similar to this

this is a very reasonable alternative for Acqua Di Giò <3

Landonbeckham
Landonbeckham

This is a sexxy secret.....
Bleu De Chanel is mainstream which is fine if you like to smell like everyone all over the world. Bleu smells much more generic than this one. This Aqua is in it's own special class I believe.......
Shhhhhh don't tell anyone about this product.....

foreignshores
foreignshores

I agree that this is very similar to Bleu de Chanel, but without the smoky incense note which smells awful on my skin. I saw AE at Macy's around Christmas time and they happened to have a sample vial. I noticed the strong Bleu vibe right away and kept waiting for it to devolve into a similarly terrible smoky drydown, and was elated when it never did. It stays fresh where Bleu gets funky. The caveat to that is that AE doesn't really seem to have much of a base, at least not to my nose. It's all pretty much top and middle. Overall it's a classy, crisp, and versatile fragrance, though not particularly memorable and I doubt I'll purchase it a second time.

I'm sniffing around for some new summer fragrances already and this is one that had got away... until now. Very pleasant indeed, aquatic but not just a lightweight burst of alcohol and citrus with little character remaining after, Acqua Essenziale has more substance than that. I get a fresh, sparkling clean accord of lemon leaf and labdanum and sharp grapefruit in the top notes with a hint of lavender too. I can't say I got the mint but it definitely has a cool quality, temperature wise. I get the comparisons to Silver Shadow Altitude and Bleu de Chanel but it's by no means the same kinda reminds me of LOTS of fragrances citrus/marine/fruit/musk/vetiver you get the picture.
I can't justify adding this fragrance to my collection as it just falls short on the imagination stakes but I wouldn't blame anyone for getting this and wearing it regularly because it smells good.

Nick M
Nick M

This is just a safer, remixed version of Ocean Wet Wood (also Morillas' creation). It's got some sweetness in the background but isn't bold enough to stand above other mellow aquatics. Solid scent -- some people will like this one -- but if you are spending time on this site then you probably already own something as good or better.

Amos Jolthead
Amos Jolthead

Acqua Essenziale is, as others have noted, a typical acquatic. The opening notes are lemon and basil and smell virtually indistinguishable from Ermenegildo Zegna's Acqua d'Estate Essenza 2007 version, with perhaps a bit more lavender.

The heart of the fragrance is basically lavendar and acquatic notes and it just slowly disappears from here. Sillage and longevity are what you would expect.

I do agree with those who have said this is a bit of white noise, but it's still nice nonetheless. I wouldn't purchase this myself, but it's a nice acquatic if that's something you'd like to have.

srt33
srt33

run of the mill aquatic designer. aquatic elements are the highlight, but there is some mint at the top. there is also a good amount of lavender, which seems to be in every other fragrance, unfortunately for me. a lot of comments say this is nearly identical to Bleu de Chanel, which I don't get at all, especially with no citrus.

lalelu
lalelu

cut up a grapefruit and put mint leaves in it, then close the grapefruit again. the result is the smell of this one. perfect for spring and summer. hardcore projection the first 2 hours but after that it dies down very fast so i suggest carryieng a decant around ..

nicholassua

this Essenziale's base note is very identical to its former Attimo, but it's more SEA SCENT. love it, not so unique, casual wear

Sporek
Sporek

this fragrance is identical to discontinued esprit connect for him. Belive me, i've got both.

m.t.alkawa
m.t.alkawa

This is not like Acqua Di gio in any form, how do you smell that? i believe it's more of a mix between Cool water and Silver Shadow Altitude, bottom line is, if you make any one guess how old is this perfume by just smelling, they would definitely say, it's early 2000's>

It's beyond me why would someone make such a perfume today? the CK Be smells even more modern than this.

It's not a bad scent by any mean, it's just old for today.

impala45
impala45

If you're looking for a really nice summer fragrance but don't want to go the Acqua di Gio route, then Ferragamo's Acqua Essenziale is a fantastic alternative. Inoffensive, appealing, light, very enjoyable, far more interesting than the boringly linear and viciously priced Chanel Bleu and much less common than Acqua di Gio. Highly recommended.

insitecash
insitecash

Like Bleu de Chanel!

블루드샤넬과 향이 비슷하고
샤넬보다 좀 더 진한 느낌?

bimmer1
bimmer1

I enjoy this one. I also see the similarities between Acqua Essenziale and Bleu de Chanel. If you like Acqua Essenziale check out the new Zegna Uomo---- also very, very similar.

siddiquewallace
siddiquewallace

this is a truly a safe buy perfume for summer for men especially who don't like strong scents.

silage is impressive as well as longevity..tried it yesterday at my office and every one went nuts

i think its in the category of versace man eau fraiche,ck eternity aqua,boss pure, chopard homme and dunhill pure but i think it is much better

this is a casual scent to me tho..

alireza1354
alireza1354

فوق العاده خوشبو و مناسب برای تابستون . بوی خنک و تازگی محشری داره . ممنون از فرگامو

carera
carera

its nice fresh summer not break through perfumes industrey in the same time the quality of this very high that i appricate .

Pretty nice, mellow, and sweet for aquatic summer type of scent. It has a hint of wood but the floral accord is more dominant, making it slightly androgynous or could appeal to opposite sex. I would slot this right in between Givenchy Play Sport, Hugo Boss Element, Davidoff Silver Shadow Altitude, Bandaras Blue Seduction, and anything else out there the has the same blue hue.

s.alswayeq
s.alswayeq

لم اجرب العطر ولكن بما انه من العطرجي الشهير البيرتوا مولاريس قد يكون جميل لمن لم يجرب احد عطوراته لاني اعتقد هذا العطر قد يشبة عطر سي كي او عطر الور سبورت او فرزاتشي الازرق

MrMookie
MrMookie

I used a sample today.
As i love Alberts work in CK one, Acqua di Gio and his outstanding Lanvin Homme i find his later fragrances pretty generic and dull for example this one.
Its fresh,minty,aquatic and sunny, its OK but thats it. It is OK... I dont love OK fragrances they dont give me that motivation to buy it.
The Lavender is pretty tucked away as im not smelling it (blendup with mint)

Pretty safe buy for a present & longer lasting then other aquatic

Ivano
Ivano

It has a nice and original citrusy opening, but after that it becomes a salty/minty fragrance, pretty sweet because of the lavender. I would define this scent as Breezy/Airy. It's like a light veil, a salty breeze, something very relaxing and elegantly understated. It's a subtle fragrance after a couple of hours in terms of sillage and has medium longevity on my skin. Excellent summer fragrance in my opinion.

nonsisa
nonsisa

After SF pour homme and the F line; pretty generic stuff here.

I'd take YSL's libre before I'd get this one.

It's not bad but also it isn't something special.

Topnotes I get are: Aqua, lavender, labdanum and geranium.

Morillas you've done better than that.

Michael1962
Michael1962

smelt this one in David Jones,extremely citrusy generic..nothing special.next!

lovetribe
lovetribe

Troppo banale come fragranza.
Molto persistente ma nulla di nuovo.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I just got this fragrance in the mail yesterday. This is my second Salvatore Ferragamo fragrance and I love it. I can really smell the violet and mint. I love the opening, it is fresh and summery. I am going to take this fragrance (for day wear) on my trip to Europe in two weeks.

kazewayz
kazewayz

Very well done summer fragrance. It's fresh, sweet, clean, fruity and breezy. It stays on for a long time. Try it.

mtlimodriver
mtlimodriver

sampled this today on a paper strip. very invigorating, uplifting and fresh.

thinkon4Mac
thinkon4Mac

I got a sample of this in a magazine and had one of the worst allergic reactions to anything I have ever had. Swelling of the eyes- tightness of the chest- coughing- sneezing- coughing up crud- itchy skin and that was an hour ago- my skin is still itchy and my lungs still have congestion. Just what kind of toxic poison do they put in this kind of stuff?- I didn't even touch the page or sample and my wife is having reactions too. This should be outlawed. seriously if it happens to me and I rarly get allergic reations I imagine it could put someone in anaphylactic shock.

prettyswag
prettyswag

I love this scent....i agree its a copy of chanel bleu....but a great one....so fresh and clean on a man....this is the top notes of chanel bleu without the woodyness....lol

antonpan
antonpan

Bought this today to replace the bottle of Bleu de Chanel. Acqua is nothing less than a 90% copy of Bleu. The Chanel fragrance is extremely popular all over the world hence the attack of the clones was a matter of time.

Acqua imitates Bleu in every aspect virtually, from the citrusy opening to minty green dry down, being a bit less opulent and more linear. The sillage and longevity are both above average. A well done (and cheaper!) alternative!

By the way Acqua Essenziale to Bleu is the same thing as Versace Pour Homme to Allure Homme Sport. Both are created by Alberto Morillas.

bwcw81
bwcw81

Acqua de Gamo! in Aqua flooding market now.
2nd coming up flanker: Acqua de Gamo Sport!
Then each flanker come with each Intense version soon after that! Market gimmick strategy nowadays....
Please give us something new!

junior halston
junior halston

Wow Aqua di Gio by another name....how original.

Acqua Essenziale by Salvatore Ferragamo 4.03 out of 5 based on 156 ratings and 39 user reviews

Eau De Toilette 1oz
Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale Eau De Toilette Spray 30ml 1oz
Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale Eau De Toilette Spray 30ml 1oz
ACQUA ESSENZIALE for MEN by Salvatore Ferragamo EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
ACQUA ESSENZIALE for MEN by Salvatore Ferragamo EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Acqua Essenziale Cologne by Salvatore Ferragamo, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Salvatore Ferragamo 'Acqua Essenziale' After Shave Balm One Size
Salvatore Ferragamo 'Acqua Essenziale' After Shave Balm One Size
ACQUA ESSENZIALE for MEN by Salvatore Ferragamo EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
ACQUA ESSENZIALE for MEN by Salvatore Ferragamo EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Acqua Essenziale Cologne by Salvatore Ferragamo, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Perfume.com
Salvatore Ferragamo 'Acqua Essenziale' Eau de Toilette 3.4 oz
Eau De Toilette
Salvatore Ferragamo 'Acqua Essenziale' Eau de Toilette
Salvatore Ferragamo 'Acqua Essenziale' Eau de Toilette

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Acqua Essenziale by Salvatore Ferragamo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Acqua Essenziale by Salvatore Ferragamo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.