Designers » R S » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Acqua Essenziale Salvatore Ferragamo for men

marine
Acqua Essenziale Salvatore Ferragamo for men Pictures

Acqua Essenziale by Salvatore Ferragamo is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men. Acqua Essenziale was launched in 2013. The nose behind this fragrance is Alberto Morillas. Top notes are mint and lemon leaf; middle notes are geranium, rosemary, lavender and sea notes; base notes are patchouli, vetiver, musk and labdanum.

Mint Lemon Leaf

Geranium Rosemary Lavender Sea Notes

Patchouli Vetiver Musk Labdanum

Pure Lavender
Le Grand Bleu

Acqua Essenziale Fragrance Reviews

Fabio Dondeo
Fabio Dondeo

The smell of Acqua Essenziale is good but not very original. You feel as if you had just taken a shower. It's really watery, consistent with its name, but so light, that even after applying 8 sprays I almost don't detect its scent. Compared to others Aquas, like Aqua de Gio or Bvlgari Aqva, this Ferragamo's product is much weaker, without projection.

Satyajeet73
Satyajeet73

I really like this one. Very fresh and clean and aquatic. It's a pleasant scent and totally inoffensive. Great for summer days.

Floffles
Floffles

This is very zesty. The mint is definitely very prominent. A little too zinger for my taste

John Wayne 86
John Wayne 86

I get mint, lemon and water. A nice fresh scent.

ChrisSmellsGood
ChrisSmellsGood

This has really grown on me and I have been wearing it to work every day for the past few weeks. Its cheap, but doesnt smell cheap. Its a nice somewhat sweet and musky ocean breeze type scent. I just love it.
I disagree with the last review regarding performance. 2 sprays - each side of the neck, and then tap your wrists on your neck right after. Lasts ALL DAY in the areas I apply it to. I am actually very IMPRESSED with the great performance! Though I guess its different for everyone.

JAYMZDEEN
JAYMZDEEN

A really nice cheap fresh/aquatic ... This is the best of them .. Colonia is also very nice... Blu is just awful in my opinion. Stick to this and Colonia and you ll be doing yourself a favor!! 7/10 for the scent... The performance is underwhelming... But its cheap enough to just keep spritzing it every couple/few hours. INDULGE!

ralopa
ralopa

You can NOT wear this in cold days, which I mean below 15 degree centigrade, otherwise you may choke yourself by the powerful ocean vibe.

Rating: 7.5/10.

Great cologne, very masquline, and fresh. You wont go wrong with this

Great cologne, very masquline, and fresh. You wont go wrong with this

JustAverage
JustAverage

Marine notes, mint, and lavender with a hint of lemon in it. This is an underrated little fragrance, an aquatic, herb gem. I just bought this and while it's nothing revolutionary, it's a good balanced scent. It has a fresh spicy but clean scent. The musk, vetiver, and patchouli give this some complexity and depth. It's performance appears to be solid, esp for an aquatic. I do get the comparisons to BDC but this is more casual but not impolite or immature. I got it in a gift set for under 30. It came with a shower gel and after shave. What a good deal. I give it a 4/5 for scent and performance. This could cost more under a different house and it'd be selling like $5 any foot longs at subway.

Saru21
Saru21

I can see where the Bleu the Chanel comparisons are coming from. While BDC feels more dense and dark, Essenziale is more airy and light. Essenziale also opens up with mint rather than citrus, and feels overall more "greener" than what I'd expect from an aquatic. I'm even getting a tea bag scent somewhere within it. Essenziale feels like a nice casual scent fitting for the Spring and Summer. It lasts about 5 to 6 hours, but projects the most with the first 2 hours and can garner some positive attention.

the1picard
the1picard

This reminds me of a less spicy, less dense Bleu De Chanel. The performance of Acqua Essenziale doesn't compete with Bleu but for 12.99 at Marshall's this is a decent scent.

fisken23

A really fresh version of Bleu De Chanel. Good longevity, desent sillage.
Buy this guys, you wont be sorry. Safe blind buy.

iwhiffwaft
iwhiffwaft

Smells similar to Belu De Chanel. Doesn't skimp on quality. This is the deal for anyone who wants to have an Aquatic. For the money, this is the best thing out there in this genre. Look at who made this stuff....the nose behind it. How on earth this stuff isn't crazy priced high is driving me nuts. I guess Ferrigamo's marketing dept lead needs to be fired. This stuff is crazy awesome for this style and should be selling like hotcakes. I'm not extremely into aquatics and prefer the colonia because its my style, but this stuff is one of the better aquatics I own. It's a more fresh Bleu De Chanel.really. I hate making such a close comparison though because it makes it sound like a copy and its not. The stuff I have that this compares to is Success by Trump, Nautica Voyage, Bleu De Chanel, Acqua Di Gio, and Perry Ellis Red. It leans more towards the Nautica Voyage, Success, Bleu De Chanel aqua type, but it is a bit more ready for high heat than those. I'd chose this over those here in the Summer of Texas as I think it would be less cloying. One of the best Aquatics on the market. .......have no idea why it is selling at marshall's for 12 bucks. Crazy.

The "fresh" and aquatic elements here are just too strong - I have little doubt I'm very sensitive to these aroma chemicals. It smells "nice" but not at all what I think of as a "personal fragrance." In fact I'd almost call this an impersonal fragrance! I certainly understand the appeal, especially for the office, school, etc. for warm weather, but I would have no issue swapping off my bottle ASAP!

alabangcute
alabangcute

it's kind of a common scent. nothing new or unique. i got a 15ml purse spray for testing from my favorite perfume consultant at a department store. glad i did not buy the whole bottle. lol.

lou6
lou6

light fragrance, great if you are a little bit shy ;)
perfect for the summer days comming
YES, this fragrance is simmilar to Bleu de Chanel (mint, vetiver,patchouli and labdanum) with aquatic feel blended with lavender .
I get 6 hours with fair projection
Great for work, office, casual wearing and dates at day
not sure if its strong enough for night time, but anyway,I'll use it for hanging out with friends
Do I recommend it? Yes, good compliments getter
Spring and Summer
7.5/10

chopshop
chopshop

Acqua Essenziale is wonderful juice. Highly underrated much as a lot of Ferragamo frags are. I have a small bottle that I purchased at Marshall's for $10. I'd pay $10/ounce for this without blinking. This is a bright airy aquatic. The note pyramid does not indicate citrus, but I smell a citric accord. Wonderfully simple aquatic.

Testament: bought a second bottle.Second bottle at TJMaxx For $15.

Raproid
Raproid

Rerik, are you sure you weren't talking about Acqua Essenziale Colonia? It's another scent containing citrus notes. This one, however, does not, which leads to certain doubts if your commentary isn't misplaced.

Gault
Gault

Its really nice not so linear scent and worth recommending but pretty much just an average minty violet aquatic, nothing new here.

OdorMiris
OdorMiris

Tested this today in Macy's...what a delightful fragrance that thus far, is working perfectly here in the ridiculous humidity of South Florida! Nothing truly works well here as the temp/humidity changes constantly....Not a huge fan of anything with a major marine note, but his is quite different...The Lavendar note is beautifully prominant and marries well with the sea note...I am taken back in time, someplace, somewhere that for the life of me, is not recognizable yet pleasurable....This is a keeper that will be added to my wardrobe. Molte grazie Salvatore!

SebastianPDX
SebastianPDX

I bought this scent because I was living in Fort Lauderdale, it paired well with the weather there. However, I've just relocated to Portland, Oregon and the scent seems a little overpowering. No matter how little I put on I seem to "taste it" for quite a bit longer. Maybe because the weather is damper, cooler? Or am I just being silly? I don't think it smells anything like Aqua di Gio though. I used to love soapy scents when I lived in New York. Then more citrusy scents in South Florida. This was a nice break from those two patterns. Should I just make it my own in? I hate getting attached & having to start over again with scent...

AtticusFinch
AtticusFinch

I blind-bought a full bottle of this based on a "Best New Summer Cologne" list on Men's Journal website. But when I first tried Acqua Essenziale, it barely registered with me. In fact, I thought it was weak, and that I had wasted my money. But as fate would have it, I came back to it a little more than a month later and gave it a few more tries. Maybe it was the hotter temperatures of the summer, or perhaps it was a change in how I applied the cologne. Whatever the reason, things turned out markedly better. To me, the bottom notes work together very nicely, and for a good while. So, I'm glad I gave this frag a second chance.

omid-am
omid-am

wonderful i love it iam happy to have it sillage and longevity both are perfect and very good

fisken23

A lighter version of Bleu, very similar. Love em both!

Smelly old man
Smelly old man

One of the better summer fragrances around and with no sign of any citrus maybe that's why longevity was great with at least 8- 9 hrs on me I find that hard with any citrus based fragrance , very fresh and invigorating with a cooling effect on your skin, perfect for those hot days ahead

perfume243
perfume243

Chenel blue vs acqua Essenziale los do juntos en una misma noche RICOOOOO. ELEGANTE Y AFRUTADO.

Buysblind
Buysblind

This is why I really like Acqua Essenziale: It smells very similar to Bleu but is better suited for the summer, and it completely lacks that rough, caustic synthetic note that pops up in Bleu's opening. It also features a beautiful, watery texture that emanates from its heart, similar to that found it Acqua di Gio. For a summer fragrance, I prefer this quality over Bleu's denser incense-based heart, which at times can feel heavy and unnecessarily complicated. I'm not saying that this is better than Bleu, because I believe Bleu has more depth, complexity, and development than Essenziale, but it is a very nice, incense-less version of "Bleu Light," and has actually managed to take Bleu's one major flaw (the scratchy, harsh opening) and fixed it in favor of a cool, sweet aromatic top that is immediately appealing and pleasant. It also holds pretty well and projects at what I think is the perfect level--not too strong but more than adequate. This is a great choice for a hot day and pretty much suitable for anyone. With so many aquatics out there, it's sometimes difficult to separate the good from the bad and mediocre. Acqua Essenziale certainly deserves a place among "the good."

invaderlark
invaderlark

This is a first impressions review so take it with a grain of salt; I feel like this is a combo of Yves Saint Laurent's L'homme Libre and Chanel's Bleu De Chanel. This fragrance, and the ones mentioned above, are pretty "blue" smelling. I'm getting upfront a lot of the mint, vetiver, and sea notes. I'm surprised there isn't violet leaf in this. My family doesn't like it even though they love Bleu De Chanel. I'll update on longevity and projection later on with a full review. It also reminds me of an aquatic Roadster by Cartier.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

UPDATE: This stuff smells like a watery Bleu De chanel...Opening veryy fruity then it settles into Bleu De chanel type scent

Raidersteveo
Raidersteveo

I am surprised I have not reviewed this one yet mainly because it's my signature scent. The reason it became my signature is because it is one of only two or three in my collection that is absolutely intoxicating. I can't get enough of it. There is something about the blending of the mint, lavender, and water notes that becomes something of a catnip for me. I can't offer you a more complex analysis other than that I am afraid. In layman's terms is just freakin' good!

The sillage is at least moderate if not slightly better and the longevity is better than average.

This is yet another well done Alberto Morillas creation.

dmirror
dmirror

So many good summer scents too choose from this one is a definite buy on pay day just from testing it out in the store I can kind of tell that this fragrance most likely has good longevity and sillage I got the approval from my girl she likes it but that's not a surprise cause she likes bleu de Chanel which smells a little similar to this

this is a very reasonable alternative for Acqua Di Giò <3

Landonbeckham
Landonbeckham

This is a sexxy secret.....
Bleu De Chanel is mainstream which is fine if you like to smell like everyone all over the world. Bleu smells much more generic than this one. This Aqua is in it's own special class I believe.......
Shhhhhh don't tell anyone about this product.....

I'm sniffing around for some new summer fragrances already and this is one that had got away... until now. Very pleasant indeed, aquatic but not just a lightweight burst of alcohol and citrus with little character remaining after, Acqua Essenziale has more substance than that. I get a fresh, sparkling clean accord of lemon leaf and labdanum and sharp grapefruit in the top notes with a hint of lavender too. I can't say I got the mint but it definitely has a cool quality, temperature wise. I get the comparisons to Silver Shadow Altitude and Bleu de Chanel but it's by no means the same kinda reminds me of LOTS of fragrances citrus/marine/fruit/musk/vetiver you get the picture.
I can't justify adding this fragrance to my collection as it just falls short on the imagination stakes but I wouldn't blame anyone for getting this and wearing it regularly because it smells good.

Nick M
Nick M

This is just a safer, remixed version of Ocean Wet Wood (also Morillas' creation). It's got some sweetness in the background but isn't bold enough to stand above other mellow aquatics. Solid scent -- some people will like this one -- but if you are spending time on this site then you probably already own something as good or better.

Amos Jolthead
Amos Jolthead

Acqua Essenziale is, as others have noted, a typical acquatic. The opening notes are lemon and basil and smell virtually indistinguishable from Ermenegildo Zegna's Acqua d'Estate Essenza 2007 version, with perhaps a bit more lavender.

The heart of the fragrance is basically lavendar and acquatic notes and it just slowly disappears from here. Sillage and longevity are what you would expect.

I do agree with those who have said this is a bit of white noise, but it's still nice nonetheless. I wouldn't purchase this myself, but it's a nice acquatic if that's something you'd like to have.

srt33
srt33

run of the mill aquatic designer. aquatic elements are the highlight, but there is some mint at the top. there is also a good amount of lavender, which seems to be in every other fragrance, unfortunately for me. a lot of comments say this is nearly identical to Bleu de Chanel, which I don't get at all, especially with no citrus.

lalelu
lalelu

cut up a grapefruit and put mint leaves in it, then close the grapefruit again. the result is the smell of this one. perfect for spring and summer. hardcore projection the first 2 hours but after that it dies down very fast so i suggest carryieng a decant around ..

nicholassua

this Essenziale's base note is very identical to its former Attimo, but it's more SEA SCENT. love it, not so unique, casual wear

Sporek
Sporek

this fragrance is identical to discontinued esprit connect for him. Belive me, i've got both.

m.t.alkawa
m.t.alkawa

This is not like Acqua Di gio in any form, how do you smell that? i believe it's more of a mix between Cool water and Silver Shadow Altitude, bottom line is, if you make any one guess how old is this perfume by just smelling, they would definitely say, it's early 2000's>

It's beyond me why would someone make such a perfume today? the CK Be smells even more modern than this.

It's not a bad scent by any mean, it's just old for today.

impala45
impala45

If you're looking for a really nice summer fragrance but don't want to go the Acqua di Gio route, then Ferragamo's Acqua Essenziale is a fantastic alternative. Inoffensive, appealing, light, very enjoyable, far more interesting than the boringly linear and viciously priced Chanel Bleu and much less common than Acqua di Gio. Highly recommended.

insitecash
insitecash

Like Bleu de Chanel!

블루드샤넬과 향이 비슷하고
샤넬보다 좀 더 진한 느낌?

bimmer1
bimmer1

I enjoy this one. I also see the similarities between Acqua Essenziale and Bleu de Chanel. If you like Acqua Essenziale check out the new Zegna Uomo---- also very, very similar.

siddiquewallace
siddiquewallace

this is a truly a safe buy perfume for summer for men especially who don't like strong scents.

silage is impressive as well as longevity..tried it yesterday at my office and every one went nuts

i think its in the category of versace man eau fraiche,ck eternity aqua,boss pure, chopard homme and dunhill pure but i think it is much better

this is a casual scent to me tho..

alireza1354
alireza1354

فوق العاده خوشبو و مناسب برای تابستون . بوی خنک و تازگی محشری داره . ممنون از فرگامو

carera
carera

its nice fresh summer not break through perfumes industrey in the same time the quality of this very high that i appricate .

Pretty nice, mellow, and sweet for aquatic summer type of scent. It has a hint of wood but the floral accord is more dominant, making it slightly androgynous or could appeal to opposite sex. I would slot this right in between Givenchy Play Sport, Hugo Boss Element, Davidoff Silver Shadow Altitude, Bandaras Blue Seduction, and anything else out there the has the same blue hue.

s.alswayeq
s.alswayeq

لم اجرب العطر ولكن بما انه من العطرجي الشهير البيرتوا مولاريس قد يكون جميل لمن لم يجرب احد عطوراته لاني اعتقد هذا العطر قد يشبة عطر سي كي او عطر الور سبورت او فرزاتشي الازرق

MrMookie
MrMookie

I used a sample today.
As i love Alberts work in CK one, Acqua di Gio and his outstanding Lanvin Homme i find his later fragrances pretty generic and dull for example this one.
Its fresh,minty,aquatic and sunny, its OK but thats it. It is OK... I dont love OK fragrances they dont give me that motivation to buy it.
The Lavender is pretty tucked away as im not smelling it (blendup with mint)

Pretty safe buy for a present & longer lasting then other aquatic

Ivano
Ivano

It has a nice and original citrusy opening, but after that it becomes a salty/minty fragrance, pretty sweet because of the lavender. I would define this scent as Breezy/Airy. It's like a light veil, a salty breeze, something very relaxing and elegantly understated. It's a subtle fragrance after a couple of hours in terms of sillage and has medium longevity on my skin. Excellent summer fragrance in my opinion.

nonsisa
nonsisa

After SF pour homme and the F line; pretty generic stuff here.

I'd take YSL's libre before I'd get this one.

It's not bad but also it isn't something special.

Topnotes I get are: Aqua, lavender, labdanum and geranium.

Morillas you've done better than that.

Michael1962
Michael1962

smelt this one in David Jones,extremely citrusy generic..nothing special.next!

lovetribe
lovetribe

Troppo banale come fragranza.
Molto persistente ma nulla di nuovo.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I just got this fragrance in the mail yesterday. This is my second Salvatore Ferragamo fragrance and I love it. I can really smell the violet and mint. I love the opening, it is fresh and summery. I am going to take this fragrance (for day wear) on my trip to Europe in two weeks.

kazewayz
kazewayz

Very well done summer fragrance. It's fresh, sweet, clean, fruity and breezy. It stays on for a long time. Try it.

mtlimodriver
mtlimodriver

sampled this today on a paper strip. very invigorating, uplifting and fresh.

thinkon4Mac
thinkon4Mac

I got a sample of this in a magazine and had one of the worst allergic reactions to anything I have ever had. Swelling of the eyes- tightness of the chest- coughing- sneezing- coughing up crud- itchy skin and that was an hour ago- my skin is still itchy and my lungs still have congestion. Just what kind of toxic poison do they put in this kind of stuff?- I didn't even touch the page or sample and my wife is having reactions too. This should be outlawed. seriously if it happens to me and I rarly get allergic reations I imagine it could put someone in anaphylactic shock.

prettyswag
prettyswag

I love this scent....i agree its a copy of chanel bleu....but a great one....so fresh and clean on a man....this is the top notes of chanel bleu without the woodyness....lol

antonpan
antonpan

Bought this today to replace the bottle of Bleu de Chanel. Acqua is nothing less than a 90% copy of Bleu. The Chanel fragrance is extremely popular all over the world hence the attack of the clones was a matter of time.

Acqua imitates Bleu in every aspect virtually, from the citrusy opening to minty green dry down, being a bit less opulent and more linear. The sillage and longevity are both above average. A well done (and cheaper!) alternative!

By the way Acqua Essenziale to Bleu is the same thing as Versace Pour Homme to Allure Homme Sport. Both are created by Alberto Morillas.

bwcw81
bwcw81

Acqua de Gamo! in Aqua flooding market now.
2nd coming up flanker: Acqua de Gamo Sport!
Then each flanker come with each Intense version soon after that! Market gimmick strategy nowadays....
Please give us something new!

Eau De Toilette 1oz
Acqua Essenziale by Salvatore Ferragamo EDT Spray 1 oz for Men
Acqua Essenziale by Salvatore Ferragamo EDT Spray 1 oz for Men
Aftershave 6.8oz
Acqua Essenziale by Salvatore Ferragamo Aftershave Balm 6.8 oz for Men
Acqua Essenziale by Salvatore Ferragamo Aftershave Balm 6.8 oz for Men
Acqua Essenziale Cologne by Salvatore Ferragamo, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale Eau De Toilette for men 1.7 oz
Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale Eau De Toilette Spray 30ml 1oz
Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale Eau De Toilette Spray 30ml 1oz
Acqua Essenziale by Salvatore Ferragamo EDT Spray 3.4 oz Tester for Men
Acqua Essenziale by Salvatore Ferragamo EDT Spray 3.4 oz Tester for Men
Acqua Essenziale Cologne by Salvatore Ferragamo, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Men
Acqua Essenziale Cologne by Salvatore Ferragamo, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
ThePerfumeSpot.com
Acqua Essenziale by Salvatore Ferragamo, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Acqua Essenziale by Salvatore Ferragamo, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Acqua Essenziale by Salvatore Ferragamo EDT Spray 3.4 oz for Men
Acqua Essenziale by Salvatore Ferragamo EDT Spray 3.4 oz for Men
Acqua Essenziale by Salvatore Ferragamo EDT Spray 3.4 oz Shampoo And Shower Gel 3.4 oz Iphone Holder for Men
Acqua Essenziale by Salvatore Ferragamo EDT Spray 3.4 oz Aftershave Balm 1.7 oz Shower Gel 5 oz for Men
Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Gift Set 3.4oz
Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz Shampoo Shower Gel 100ml 3.4oz 2pcs
Macys.com
Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale Eau de Toilette, 1.7 oz
Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale Eau de Toilette, 1.7 oz
Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Macys.com
Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale Eau de Toilette, 3.4 oz
Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale Eau de Toilette, 3.4 oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Acqua Essenziale by Salvatore Ferragamo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Acqua Essenziale by Salvatore Ferragamo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.