Designers » R S » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme Salvatore Ferragamo for men

Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme Salvatore Ferragamo for men
dislike

Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme Salvatore Ferragamo for men Pictures Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme Salvatore Ferragamo for men Pictures Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme Salvatore Ferragamo for men Pictures Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme Salvatore Ferragamo for men Pictures

Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme by Salvatore Ferragamo is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for men. Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme was launched in 1999. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Pierre Mary. Top notes are cyclamen, caraway, african geranium, fig leaf, grapefruit, neroli and brazilian rosewood; middle notes are carnation, orris root, jasmine, rose and cardamom; base notes are leather, sandalwood, musk, oakmoss, vetiver and cedar.

Cyclamen Caraway African Geranium Fig Leaf Grapefruit Neroli Brazilian Rosewood

Carnation Orris Root Jasmine Rose Cardamom

Leather Sandalwood Musk Oakmoss Vetiver Cedar

Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme Fragrance Reviews

MonsieurK

Just had some money back from the tax man. Quite a bit too - I think he's trying to apologise for fleecing me over the years.

Anyway, I've been urged to go get myself another fragrance or two. You know, just to change it up a bit. Well, am I going niche? Nope. Am I going to the hot shot houses? Not before I stop by Ferragamo first!

Second bottle of the year so far, and it's still a top choice! That fig, those florals, the vetiver. ..eye wateringly beautiful. And its shining wonderfully now in the British summer.

Some people say this is a good fragrance if you're just starting out. If that's the case then this start is one of the best you'll get because if there was a finish line, it's only an arms length away.

4/5 Still excellent

deja vu-gr
deja vu-gr

@Paulhunter,nice & detailed review on youtube mate. I don't have the opportunity to smell this frag yet,it is hard to find because it is discontinued and I can find it only online,so it would be a blind buy as it is in my wish list. I owned Marc Jacobs men by Marc Jacobs and I have smelled a good life by Davidoff that is really nice and uplifting and I don't know if SFph shares some similarities with the previous two.
Any suggestions are appreciated.

paulhunter

Just uploaded a youtube review for this, if you're interested in watching my channel's name is Scented Paul. Thanks!

batabidd
batabidd

I must thank you all as your reviews made me buy blind this masterpiece. What a beauty. I am actually very surprised why this perfume has not become a classic as per kenzo pour homme, L'eau D'issey and so.
In fact, it has a little bit of shades of all these perfumes that I adore immensely.
For instance the fig note is pretty much the same to my nose as the one in "Dune homme" but at the same time it resembles with the "Womanity" fig accord as is accompained with heavy doses of grapefruit, giving me an instant vivid, mouthwatering, juicy opening which I love.
There are some "maritime green notes" ( as Kenzo pour homme) but without salt air or seaweed, if you know what I mean, not aquatic, but, it definitively has a mediterranean soul. Perhaps, it brings me an intense deja vu from my childhood, while I was lazing around during those hot summer afternoons on holidays, near the seaside, me under a fig tree, sniffing the air, where natural fragrances of flowers, leaves and the summer breeze came togheter as an olfactory landscape.

In a nutshell: this lovely fragrance is centered on fig + soft spices (clove I think) + carnation+ cyclamen + earthy vetiver. I deffo can detect a little bit of cyclamen in here, a little pinch of leather and carnation in there, but overall, the perfume remains linear where the main notes are the fig and the vetiver.
I love it, it has a amazing longevity, sillage and projection.

If you like fig or green notes and you crave for vetiver, do yourself a favour a buy this masterpiece NOW!

RUDOLFO512

SF is one of my favorite fragrances. The opening is very citrusy/fuity and dry down is very woody. I smell the fig/grapefruit in the beginning and I also smell vetiver which I love. This is one cologne that I do not have to re-apply. I get 6-7 hours and the projection is very good. Great for hot summer days.

scuffle
scuffle

At first it was disappointment, too spicy and "in your face" on my skin, 2 sprays and I was good to contaminate whole stadium with that smell, easily... So I left it, got back after a month and I love it. No idea what has changed but it smells completely different on me now, mellow and elegant, with slightly spicy notes around.

paulhunter

This is a great fragrance to epitomize a "fig fragrance." Green, creamy fig is through and through on this, which makes wearing a bit difficult because it is sweet yet fresh. I would suggest usage in the Spring time, it's very green and invigorating but the fig would be cloying in Summer heat. The woods aren't fence-y or forest-y, and personally I detect no grapefruit. At the top there is definitely citrus but not that trademark grapefruit citrus. In all, Salvatore Ferregamo pour Homme is a handsome and classy eau de toilette with proper strength. Many complements from classy people!

streetmachine
streetmachine

15.99 at Ross
Every one was raving so i had to try it as i am looking for a good wood scent
Its very clove-cedar-clove-cedar
I use this in addition with another scent and bam!

MonsieurK

I feel like I've ripped someone off after paying only £14.50 for a 100ml bottle of this. The quality, uniqueness and sheer attraction of the scent would suggest that the numbers either side of the decimal have been switched around in a cruel attempt to rob the house of Ferragamo.

This is a fantastic fragrance and compliments abound. Fig, vetiver, florals and some spice - expertly blended, masterfully thought out, quite beautiful, totally season-proof, a chameleon to any occasion, unlike most, and undeniably Italian.

I smelt this for the first time in '99. For whatever reason, I never owned bottle, but I always remembered the smell and the name. Got a bottle earlier in 2014. Wore it every day. Now it's all but gone. But now I know why I never forgot this fragrance. Bravo, bravo, bravo!

3/5 Good

Update: I'm still perplexed - It's so good, and so unique, so affordable. Really puts so many 'big boys' to shame.

4/5 Excellent

Roman86
Roman86

Very nice and definitely reminds me of Costume National Homme at a fraction of the price and much more wearable. While this one is lighter and more wearable, Costume National Homme is cranked up in volume and has some more spices thrown in for good measure and is seriously cloying. This on the other hand is more pleasant and tamed which makes it more versatile. Recommended.

Update: On second wearing, this one is much better than I initially thought. It's only slightly similar to Costume National Homme but in my eyes Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme is much better and fruiter instead of being dry like Costume National Homme.

tomerits
tomerits

A very unique scent, fig is definitely the most dominate note here with the cedar not far behind which gives it a little similarity to azzaro visit (to my nose).i can see people not liking this one but i like it very much.
Longevity is good, i get 6-7 hrs with nice projection.
Overall a very nice scent that will work great any time of the year for any occasion.
My rank 4/5.

olfactoryfan
olfactoryfan

Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme was a blind buy - a blind buy that opened my eyes to the wonderful world of fig-based fragrances.

I must admit, at first I was a little unsure of this one. But with subsequent wearings and the arrival of the warmer spring and summer weather, this fragrance really began to shine. Now I simply adore it.

It's an elegant scent with depth and character. The fig note, to my nose, is the dominant player, supported by dry woodsy accords and subtle hints of floral. There's a note I detect that almost smells like anise, possibly the caraway/cardamom combination.

Ferragamo's pour Homme suffuses the wearer with an air of confidence and charisma. This fabulous, long-lasting fragrance comes highly recommended to all you fig fans out there.

Osmin
Osmin

It is very easy to dislike this fragrance, and if you have skin chemistry like mine and zero patience, you will discard it straight away. Here is why.

After a flowery opening, akin to Tempore Uomo by Laura Biagiotti (carnation), it dips into the most refined rubbery* odour. Not pleasant at all.

But if you wait, as I did, you will notice a change, very subtle, as if around the rubber start to bloom flowers. And if you take a walk, you might sniff something that resembles Black Orchid TF around you, you will turn your head left and right in an attempt to track the source, but in vain, it is you, wearing Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme. When you will try to concentrate your attention to it, as to smell more of it, you will loose that, very fleeting moment. I think this is part of the development.

Longevity 8-10 hours if sprayed on clothes. Not sure how it projects.

Very unusual, I would say this is a perfume that has a character; deep and complex.

*it is not present when sprayed on a paper, so, it is probably my skin.

alex.david.renteria
alex.david.renteria

I'll cut to the chase here...bottle design = classy and sophisticated...Smell = Waaaay too much Vetiver, I mean it is pungent!! This cologne lasted all day...to the point that I wanted to wash it off. If the vetiver was toned down about 75% and maybe some leather added to the mix, it would probably be nice. I also have the F by Ferragamo, and I really like that one. It was a blind buy based on the success I had with the F by Ferragamo, and goes to show me that even though it comes from a great brand, it's always best to try before you buy. 2 out of 5 stars!

DocNZ
DocNZ

I love this fragrance, and I can't wait 'till the heat of the early summer sun arrives for this to be my everyday scent.

This is an incredibly fresh, bright mixture of bottled sunshine. The olfactory magician Jean-Pierre Mary has captured the sweet sun-soaked fig tree hills of Southern Italy and stuck it in an amazing bottle. Both are works of Art.

It's certainly uniquely Italian, and smells expensive. I find the scent somewhat linear though, and after a while it can smell a little synthetic. It lacks a little warmth; however the season takes care of that.

The bright fresh notes dominate throughout and the masculine vetiver/woods form a weak base to me. This makes is a great unisex fragrance.

It is incredibly long lasting, and for me only one or two sprays does it. I can smell it the next morning.

In my opinion it is mainly a daytime fragrance, well suited to either office wear or casual. It's too playful to be suit and tie fragrance; unless you look like a young Sean Connery. I don't know about night-time wear though. Too me it reminds me too much of the Mediterranean in full summer heat; it would feel out of place at night.

This has the makings of a great summer signature fragrance.

hog
hog

Right away i could smell the grapefruit + fig and a little incense but i guess i was wrong on that part. The grapefruit disappears within minutes and the dry down happens pretty quickly leaving a really nice base of pretty much vetiver and fig.

I use it most often in the spring and summer and not much in fall. Great fragrance for the price.

Labaloo
Labaloo

This is a very-nice fragrance! Unique, and unusual. It reminds me of its contemporary, Eau du Fier (2000)- but much more accessible. Fig leaf, rose, grapefruit peel, and cedar are the strongest notes to my nose- with a healthy (but not too prominent) dose of birch tar, an underlying grassiness of vetiver. Sweet, green, cooling- and a trifle mysterious and woody- it brings to my mind fragrant earth, fingers exploring the foliage and wild-growing flowers of the countryside, and coming away magnificently scented.

The top and heart became trace by about the 6th hour on me, leaving a light- but long-lasting (14+ hours on a hot summer day) musky-leathery base to enjoy. Excellent daytime frag in all regards-

MrMookie
MrMookie

I bought it last month in a shop for 26 bucks 3.4 oz / 100 ml and its pretty ok for sure
Bottle design is stunning and love the cap on spray...
The juice starts like heaven with direct hit from fig leafs and some florals in a spicy wedge followed into a direct base of Vetiver and more Vetiver , it's very Italian suited charming and pretty close to formal and classy but I think I like the version of Marc Jacobs men better because the opening is a killer but the instant dry down after a mere 10 minutes is just : fig-Vetiver-fig-Vetiver-fig and over again untill it bores me to death. In my opinion the Vetiver is too Much at the foreground in drydown maybe it should have made with an intenser amber base.
If you cant get enough of Frags with a deep Vetiver base and you crave for the fig leaf sweetness this is the scent you should buy at once
Its an OK woody Italian fig fragrance for spring/summer

hsuru4u
hsuru4u

I have tried both the homme and the platinum homme in the white box w/ silver lines....both same bottles but the juice is way different. The homme in the red- brown box is very very fig and vetiver but can be very cloying and not to every womans liking who smell it...the platinum is much more balanced with a bit of mintiness and no fig to my nose.....i took the red- brown box back and decided on the platinum version. for 16.99 us it was a deal

salvatore
salvatore

Love the review by LANIER, but I would change the gardens surrounding the Pitti-palace for the gardens of Ninfa!

lomerlaw
lomerlaw

Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme leaves me with mixed feelings. Quite a powerful and unique opening note: so this is what fig smells like? Not offensive, and not really appealing either, the word for that top note is simply "unusual." The dry-down is rather quick, however, and the middle notes are warm and classy.

Unfortunately it seemed to me that the sillage evaporated away in that initial dry-down, and what's left sits so close to the skin as to make minimal impressions on anyone. There need be no concerns about coworkers or friends being offended by Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme, because anyone who gets close enough to be able to smell this is more than just "a friend", if you know what I mean (nudge-nudge, wink-wink!)...

Ninety minutes after I applied this I couldn't detect it at all. Maybe that's related to my skin chemistry? Also, we all have different sensitivities to different scents, so maybe this represents a combination of notes that I don't easily detect. Either way, I have never had any remarks from anybody when I wear it, which suggests to me that no one else is detecting it either!

Except for that powerful top-note, this scent could be classified as being Unisex despite the "pour Homme" label.

Salavatore Ferragamo pour Homme can frequently be found heavily discounted: I paid $15 for mine. At that price I cannot complain, but in the end I gave it away to a younger guy. He tried it, and found it "so-so": I expect it won't be one of his preferred products either.

Sillage: 2/10

Macassar
Macassar

a pity ..i expected so much when i read the revieuws . I ordered it and for me, on my skin , it's cedar , only cedar and cedar only again . Maybe a very weak note of fig , but for a true and real fig perfume , there are some others much , much better ( for me )

pronose
pronose

classy and unique as it should be! a rare gem from Italy!

RUDOLFO512

I love to wear this cologne on hot days. To me it smells like vetiver and it reminds me of summer. It is very sexy, elegant and sophisticated.

benpaul12

Just sprayed this on tonight before heading out, must be the heat, but the cardamom note hit me like a tonne of bricks. Stunning to get that note in such a strong way.

Of course it dried down to the amazing concoction that this is :)

IMsooKool4Real
IMsooKool4Real

It is a nice fragrance which starts off with warm lemon, dry fig and vetiver. The citrus drops off little by little. I was looking to vote for the anise note but it's not on there. It has the personality of a Sambuca mixed with fresh bitter herbs - an Italian springtime drink.

The caraway to me is quite noticeable. I admire a well done subtle caraway note, and in this fragrance it takes on a fresh character and also compliments the vetiver well. There are some floral notes in this but I don't get much rose. There is some pepper in there too.The cardamon is quite strong yet nice. Everything is just nice - not great - just nice. Which is usually enough.

In the drydown this fragrance has a comfortable dry fig, leather and spiced black tea way about it. Although it starts quite brash it is a comfortable scent. It is uplifting and even has a bit of brightness to it. The drydown is what makes this fragrance worth buying. (15-20 bucks for 1.7 ounces)

Nothing groundbreaking here but this might make a good springtime scent especially before going out for a walk in the daytime while on vacation.

Nice bottle too.

Sillage : 5.5/10
Logevity : 5.5/10

OVERALL SCORE : 6.5/10

benpaul12

Just blind bought this based on reviews here and based on my first ever smell it is certainly quite different from my usual fresh woodies.

My first impression is that this is a very original and luxurious smelling cologne, its originality certainly took me by surprise on the first whiff. As I put it on I noticed rose and musk, to my nose I thought it was quite soapy, but with a strong summery smell almost like light coconut (I guess this is the milky accord). Beneath the rose and musk, I could smell the more masculine notes of leather and the woods and this excited me about what was to come.

As it dried down it became more and more masculine, Italian and a complete masterpiece. The fig became stronger and the rosy musk became less apparent. I kept smelling this cologne on myself and loving how I smelt. I smelt clean and felt beautiful.

I believe this is a great spring and autumn cologne that can be worn on cooler summer days and summer nights, I know plenty of women who could wear this too.

As said by others, a definite purchase for cologne lovers and connoisseurs. Unpretentious, well-shaped bottle too.

I adore it.

Bobster
Bobster

I have tried every which a way to like this fragrance and mind you I just can't. It's not a bad fragrance by any means and it has average projection and longevity. I think the ever so dominant fig note did it in for me. ALL I SMELL IS FIG. This could actually be a unisex fragrance. IPlatinum by Salvatore is a whole different ball game if you get a chance to sniff that one give a try.

Jama4
Jama4

Casanova in a bottle!!!

Note: I am a female

This is what every man should smell like...fresh (green tea note) yet like the outdoors (wood note). If you are looking for a signature scent try this one out.

Office safe: Yes if applied lightly
Timing: Can be worn in Summer & Fall during the afternoon and evening
Cost: $18 for 50ml / 1.69 oz at Winners / TJ Maxx

Disclaimer: my experience may be different from your experience based on the season, and my personal tastes

babel
babel

Fig leaf, yes. Cardamom Vetiver, moss, cedar and a faint whiff of neroli. But also something not listed as ingredient. Pepper. White, red and black pepper. Lots of pepper in fact, right there behind the fig leaf. Before the other notes.

Reminds me a LOT of Hermes' Voyage.

Schmee1989
Schmee1989

Ever judged a scent too quickly before the dry down? That was me when it comes to this fragrance. I don't really have anything with a strong fig scent in my collection, so I decided to try this one based on the good reviews. After the initial blast I was actually starting to regret I bought it because it was very very strong to my nose. After it settled down though, my opinion of this fragrance changed and it left me with a nice smell that wasn't too powerful at all. What's funny is Ale's comment below mine. I have never visited Italy at all, but I actually thought Italy when I had this on haha.

Ale
Ale

I live in the south of Italy....well,this fragrance reminds me of summer afternoons in the countryside of Valle D'Itria. The fig note is very strong, well blended with others flowers and woods. Another good product by Ferragamo house.

vitop
vitop

Agree, a must have for the connoisseurs/collectors. Refined yet distintive unlike any others. Very underrated IMHO. Great manly scent!

jozemo
jozemo

the fig and leather sensation, the elegant scent for men,a must have in the collection,this was before marc jacobs for men,It stands on it own for originatility,a nice frag for evening ocassion,however it's dated but still a classic.

evilspin
evilspin

I just purchased this at marshalls for 12 dollars and its the 1.7oz, Great deal. It was actually a nicer size than i thought it would be when I took it out of box. Very pleased with this as in the beginning I didnt really care for this when i smelled it years ago. but I became a fan of his shoes & F by Ferragamo 2 years ago so ran into this and grabbed the only box I saw when I stumbled across it with the crazy low price. The scent was very nice and different then what I recalled years back. Upon spraying It took me back to one of my favorite fragrances: Marc Jacobs minus the island, tanning lotion, coconut & rubber scent and a bit more leaves and leather mixed in. (The Subtil version of this is not that bad either and it has negative reviews. I smelled it at Nords after buying this one and its nice, just more day wear, sweeter and citrus like...completely different than this, should have been introduced as a stand alone new fragrance instead of another edition.)

The only strange thing about this one is that after the dry down it smells a bit like crumbled leaves or like you wear in the sun and thats what I smell on my arm after but everyone throughout the day compliments me on how good i smell and i feel a bit paranoid that I dont stink or they dont smell the smell i smell on drydown. Its not a bad smell it just doesnt stay the same upon spraying nor does it develop into something better like Marc Jacobs or F by ferragamo does. Other than that, I get compliments on this by women and I love smelling the beginning in this. The compliments just reassure me I did a good buy especially it being $12 dollars.

oxm
oxm

This fragrance is perhaps not so well known but it is really very good, the sophistication and elegance shine through once the first notes of spices and precious woods with the right amount of flowers, what more remains to my nose is like a sort of burnt wood to incense that has a subtle, exquisite perfumes are entering a perception of feeling a vague scent made many notes but almost imperceptible, well this feeling with Ferragamo man appears like magic and is a prodigious pot with well-structured and decidedly masculine fragrance amazing ... and this wood came from nowhere to lead the mind in the most beautiful and unexplored or browsing among our feelings ...
sweet oblivion

ericrico
ericrico

Excellent review by LANIER - I, too, have been to the gardens surrounding the Pitti Palace in Florence in late Spring on a beautiful, sun-filled day. Words and superlatives cannot transcend the beauty, smells and serenity one finds there.

In this bottle, there is a wonderful, understated elegance in this scent - but also notes that interplay and create both balance and also richness. I, personally, feel this is a year-round scent. This is subjective. I like what Alfarom contributes as well as my friend, Renato - well said! This is really a wonderful, very full composition that has A LOT more to offer than just fig leaf (which in itself, is presented nicely), including a very elegant grapefruit/rosewood/neroli opening that sets a great tonality. Spices come in without ruining the harmony along with orris root and florals (including a nice smooth and warm rose bloom and earthy African geranium). Then, a wonderful vetiver that is done so well with the other accompaning base notes (including a nice, plush leather & warm musk) brings about the lovely depth, spiked with Iso-E Super...there is true thought & brilliance in this bottle (while most novice noses will only detect fig leaf - a mere top note, as it is an unknown smell to them). The sandalwood, cedar and light oakmoss really carry the fragrant wood. Very good longevity. I would rather not compare this to other scents, but let this bottle stand on its own merit. Lovingthealien writes a review that I respect as well, though - he sees how the composition is a duality of not just fig and vetiver, but how two classic "structures" merge in harmony here. Interesting and thought-provoking.

It seems to me that timing, unfortunately, was not the best for the release of this fragrance. While other male fragrances with fig hit the market, this was "grouped" with them. I think this is a fantastic fragrance. I came to know it a few years back, tested several times. It always interested me and I bought a bottle last year in the fall. I have now worn it through all the seasons of the year and enjoy it each and every time.

It captures something "special" that a lot of scents don't have - quality ingredients, harmony & balance, and wonderful olfactory imagery. This is superb - no score offered as this is either a scent you understand (personally) and adore...or you don't.

Salud!

tsth
tsth

I buy this one under the guise of wanting my dh to have it....when really it is for me to spritz every now and again, because it smells so wonderful. I DO love it on him though. This is a slightly sweet green fig with wonderfully warm spices and fleeting hints of vetiver.

suresh.rangadhamaiah
suresh.rangadhamaiah

There are only few fragrances in the market which is worth more than the money we pay and this is one among them. May be the cheap price of this influences some to say it is not that good. But honestly this can be easily priced at around 50 to 60 dollar range.
This is just a class apart!!!!

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

What a surprise! This has flooded the discount market, and I picked up a 50ml bottle today for 20 bucks. This fragrance is extremely well done and quite unique. A fantastic sweet green leathery floral with a sharply dissonant woody vetiver and ISO-E Super base to bulk it up. Perfect sillage and projection for the polite spring scent it is. The rosewood/carnation/neroli opening is so beautifully classic and is immediately recognizable to fans of Habit Rouge, while the vetiver/sandal/orris is reminiscent of Vetiver. It smells incredibly rich and elegant for the price, and comes off a lot like a Jean-Claude Ellena re-work of Guerlain's entire classic masculine line in one fragrance. Just beautiful.

jcastano
jcastano

Salvatore Ferregamo Pour Homme is an interesting take on vetiver. It's the union of fig that models a scent far different from anything I've come across, especially with vetiver. Normally, most scents that incorporate vetiver are either composed to have a small contribution of the root or to be the main note, ala Encre Noire, but in SFPH the vetiver and the fig are both balanced and have an equal say while all other notes seem to peek in and say a quick "hello!" only to fade back. The florals are delicate, the musk is sparse, and the woods are subtle. The heavest floral I detect is rose, and while I can somewhat detect cardamon, as well as the other florals, the two stars are the vetiver and fig. It's an oxymoron of a fragrance because of the bittersweet aspect that is so perfectly in harmony. It's astounding really. Unfortunately, it's not my cup of tea but I respect this scent for exemplifying to the designer market how unique and well done a fragrance can be created and still have solid quality at an affordable price. Armani, Gucci, and just about every other designer house that puts out scents with low quality and charges an arm and a leg, I'm addressing you!

LANIER
LANIER

FLORENCE! Firenze la prima città del Rinascimento; The first city of the Renaissance. A city so fabled in its history of art, religion, money, power and beauty. Here you smell leather in the streets from all the shops and street vendors selling Florentine leather goods. Everywhere you walk in this magnificent city you are bombarded by this scent. It is wonderful. Towering above all the famed leather workers in this city none is more renowned than Ferragamo the great Italian shoemakers. To visit Florence and not visit Ferragamo is a sin. Here you see the shoe elevated to an art form.

Casual elegance with a sophisticated flair as embodied within the spirit of the Florentines, that is what Salvatore Ferragamo has come up with in this sumptuous fragrance. The wonderful notes in this perfume are like postcards from Florence. The florals mixed with the woods and mosses carry me back to a spring day in the gardens of the Pitti Palace. As it moves into the dry down the leather emerges which is a brilliant touch coming from this master Italian shoemaker. With its arrival you are immersed in the workshops of Ferragamo warm and comfortable. In the dry down, rich deep base notes rise up in a masculine yet subtle blend of oak moss, musk, cedar and vetiver. With the arrival of these notes one is transported to the top of the hillside at the foot of Basilica di San Miniato a Monte. Here in full view of the Tuscan countryside out of which Florence emerges in its entire Renaissance splendor you can embrace all that this wonderful fragrance embodies.
It last about six to seven hours in my experience and expounds a delicate but noticeable silage. This is a brilliant rich and reserved fragrance that will stay in your memory long after it has faded with one last romantic whisper.

Five gold stars!*****

krice582
krice582

This ones okay... has the potential to be a really good fragrance but lacks any intensity. I only paid $10 bucks for it and not disappointed (probably because it was only $10) but not ecstatic either.

Aks
Aks

Blind buy for me too...was searching online for something different..came across this ...What a piece!!!!!!!Best of the best...there is something unique about this...so pleasing...so very heavenly...

sparkyman
sparkyman

A blind buy based on reviews here - extremly pleased with the resulting purchase....so this is what Fig Leaf smells like ?

30 mins into my first spray and this is quickly becoming a favourite already. I like this Fig note a lot, a warm green, slightly spicy/citrus sweetness - definitely something different about it and it's developing into something enjoyable & complex as the minutes tick by.

I'm looking at the Main notes listed here and trying my hardest to isolate them....this fragrance makes we wish I had a trained nose !

krazyfizzy
krazyfizzy

Very easy going fragrance.. nicely done. Smooth..
Avoid over spray.
Can be worn in all seasons and for all occasions.
The fig notes are brilliant. Go for it.

Luforge
Luforge

Such a refreshing sexy fragrance..A must for summer, evening and casual wear..medium strengh last for about 6hrs and very original..

Spicy woody fig with citruses on top! Part Declaration part Philosykos or, if you prefer, part Costume National Pour Homme part Hermes Un jardin En Mediterranee. Not groundbreaking but way much better than the majority of fig fragrances of the designer's offering (Marc Jacobs Men anyone?).

Honest, easy to wear, unexpensive yet quite distinctive. I won't probably call it a masterpiece but Ferragamo Pour Homme is a quite nice fragrance with a good sillage and a satisfying lasting power and takes the distance from the huge amount of anonimous fragrances we're getting overwhelmed by.

Rating: 6.5-7/10

MarFreire
MarFreire

interesting scent, but was a little sad hoping something like acqua di parma fico or hermes jardin mediterraneo. It is hard and hot.
very strong and only two vaporizações are enough for a whole day.

janotte
janotte

I wore this many, many years ago. It's now 2011. I smelled this on a girl who said that her father gave it to her. The moment i smelled this, memories of it flooded my mind and I immediately knew that she was wearing Salvatore Ferragamo.

This is a unique scent that CANNOT be mistaken for any other. Once you smell this frangrance, you know without any doubt that that must be salvatore ferragamo. Truly Unique. I shall purchase another bottle.

This is the first time I have smelled it on anyone besides me.

onlineallday
onlineallday

I was at TJ Maxx and came across this bottle with a special "Platinum" packaging. The bottle looked the same but the juice was crystal clear, not yellowish hue. The scent was different too. I didn't smell fig or rose. It was just sharp cardamom and spices and something metallicky cool. It was fresh, spicy and strong too. It lasted longer than the original. Have anybody knew about this?!

bakariman1
bakariman1

SF is my top-favorite fragrance. I wish I could wear it year-round, but for me it works best as a fall/winter fragrance. SF is a very distinctive scent, but not too over-bearing. I especially like its spice & woodsy notes. And I think it particularly works well for mature men, 35 and up. When I discovered this fragrance 10 years ago, it was time for me to upgrade from my youthful Paco Rabanne. And why was I ever that young?

rafiqi
rafiqi

i've a good memory with this fragrance.. always make me confident and different from others. i really don't like to smell like others... boss, acqua di gio etc. this is different and classy..

samlagman
samlagman

Very woody with sweet and spicy underlying tone. Very distinct and masculine. A small dab can leave a lasting scent. Creates a lot of memories.

Renato

Salvatore Ferragamo is a very long lasting, classy, fresh, fig leaf scent that I particularly like wearing in warm weather. I was and still am a fan of Davidoff's Good Life, but after I got Ferragamo, every time I put Good Life on I keep thinking it's missing something - namely the spicy bits that are in Ferragamo.

Apart from Good Life, the only other fig leaf scent somewhat similar to it that I've come across is one of the Knize ones (whose name escapes me). Dune doesn't strike me as being that similar to Ferragamo.
Regards,

scentury
scentury

I wore this for four days. I wanted to gauge people's reactions to it before I write my review.
The first time I sprayed on this perfume, I was stunned by it's scent. It's overpowering, the way Poison is overpowering. But it quickly changes into a flowery concoction- sort of like wandering in a garden when the plants are in bloom. The sillage is beautiful, with an oakmoss-cedar-vetiver composition that is not overpowering. Throughout it's stages, One can catch the lingering aroma of fig.
It's so unique, like Farenheit is unique in its way. Like Egoiste is unique in its way. You can always tell when a person is wearing a Salvatore fragrance...
My rating, 8.75/10
Before I forget, the reactions from people were varied- most women liked the scent, my mother liked it, my wife was noncommital, my male friends liked it, except for 2 of them, who complained that I smell a bit like a petroleum-based product.

blueberry
blueberry

Another blind buy, another gender-bending experiment. The result is AWESOME! Yes, it is a unisex fragrance, very clean and invigorating, probably best to use in spring and summer, but it works fine in winter as well, as a short break from warmer scents. Definitely a day fragrance. My husband told me that I smell like camomille and other herbal teas. Well, there is something in it, and I had a feeling that I already know this perfume, it reminds me of a discontinued The Healing Garden Gingery EDT I used to wear about 8 years ago and with which I have amazing associations and some special memories. SF pour homme brings about those memories as well- I could swear, I detect refreshing ginger in this concoction!
Suprisingly, the caraway and geranium, which I hated so much in GAP The Visionary, work here wonderfully, tamed with cedar, oaksmoss, and a tinge of delicate leather as in GAP The Original.
The fragrance is rather linear on my skin and that's what I like in it the most- this amazing sensation of brisk, yet slightly sweet freshness.
UPDATE: Wonderfully refreshing in summer - sillage is fantastic, longevity about 5 hrs which is pretty good!

martin_nemo
martin_nemo

This is probably one of the most beautiful fig perfumes found for such a low price. Personally I smell fig, carnation and vetiver. There are several perfumes for men where the major notes are fig leaves - Dune pour homme by Dior, Good Life by Davidoff, but only in Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme fig sounds expensive and wearable, IMHO.

QCYCORNELL

didn't really like it first, because it's just very possible to buy the name whilst neglecting the value n quality....
but i loved it in the end.
longlasting, powerful, strong n masculine

QCYCORNELL

but i loved it in the end.
longlasting, powerful, strong n masculine

First impression during the 1st use, it has this peppery spices character of Declearation by Cartier, but this one doesn't remind me of a sweaty armpit like Cartier does. I think the fig leaf makes a difference. It's slightly green and sweet. The floral notes are well behaved. I don't particularly get leather nor musk here, and I can't tell where they are. The base is a really nice wet thick woody smell, especially vetiver, oakmoss and cedar.

Overall, this is a great scent. It's not expensive. Last a good while and smells great. For those who finds Declaration doesn't work, then should give this Ferragamo a try.

guest_pedro marques
guest_pedro marques

Great longevity.Powerful.very woody.good fantastic scent

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

I think this perfume is one of my top favourite man's fragrances! It is very sexy and spicy, a very interesting combo! It is lite but masculine at the same time and makes me instantly alert when i catch a whiff of it(in a good way). Both my bf and my father are not as excited about it tho: they find it rather ok, but nothing more.
Well, i still think a guy should ask a woman's opinion!! I put both thumbs up for this one ^_^

mwater1
mwater1

I bought Salvatore Ferragamo pour homme for the hubs and I think I love it more than he does! Clean, sparkling, masculine, and sexy- this fragrance is slightly sweet and floral in a good way. To me, this is second only to Chrome in his collection. This is a 'gentlemanly' fragrance sure to appeal to women of all ages. It isn't animalistic or primal--this fragrance is for that lazy, laid back day for you and your honey to lounge around all day.

The only drawback is that it is very light and wears close to the skin so it needs to be sprayed heavily on the clothes.

raverdudes
raverdudes

I think this is an undeniably Italian fragrance. Very clean, classy and elegant. Summer fragrance, evening wear.

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

i live any cologne that got the fig note in it & they did this # wonderfully

distortech
distortech

An interesting disappointment this one this is. The initial top notes are extraordinary and very interesting - dare I say unique, sexy. However, the dull and lackluster base of cedar is very taxing on the nerves and I do mean taxing. I, for one, got sick of the base very, VERY quickly. I doubt I will wear this very often. It is most definitely an every once in awhile scent for this guy.

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

A refreshing, woody, mossy fragrance. This masculine scent possesses a blend of the fresh scent of grapefruit and fig, spices, and has low notes of woods and musk.
Very sexy and elegant.

venush
venush

One of the best male fragrances ever.
It is warm, spicy and embraceful. My husband's favourite and a signature scent for him.
It is instantly recognizable and is no similar to any other fragrance for men. Excellent.

ticalau
ticalau

this is ok... i think it's a little bit sexy and masculin... but not so intense. And not so powerful... to light i guess! Not for my taste... :p

Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme by Salvatore Ferragamo 3.99 out of 5 based on 237 ratings and 70 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Salvatore Ferragamo Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Salvatore Ferragamo Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme by Salvatore Ferragamo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme by Salvatore Ferragamo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.