Designers » R S » Woody Spicy « Groups

Subtil Pour Homme Salvatore Ferragamo for men

Subtil Pour Homme Salvatore Ferragamo for men
dislike

Subtil Pour Homme Salvatore Ferragamo for men Pictures Subtil Pour Homme Salvatore Ferragamo for men Pictures

Subtil for men is a blend of classics, urban elegance and sensuality. Spicy freshness of cardamom, ginger and mandarin orange, followed by an aquatic note of lotus is in the top. This freshness continues in the heart of the fragrance with laurel. Nutmeg blossom and violet give a delicate accord to the whole composition. The sensual and masculine base is made of dry amber, patchouli and musk. The perfume was created in 2003.

Ginger Lotus Leaf Mandarin Orange Cardamom

Coriander Violet Artemisia Pink Pepper

Amber Patchouli Musk

Subtil Pour Homme Fragrance Reviews

joenick68
joenick68

Ok, I went and did what someone said here in the reviews... I just sprayed lavishly all over without hesitation up and down like if it was a body spray... and added 2 spritzes of declaration on the back of my ears, and when I got to work immediately got noticed by my coworker next to me, I asked her which one was the one she actually smelled because I could smell more the two declaration spritzes than the "subtil" by ferragamo, but she said it was the ferragamo the one she smelled. So I guess, it really gets notice if you do this, I mean just spray it lavishly and will get complements, I got a couple more after hers during the day, and my overall opinion, this is a gentle cologne that won't offend anyone and I think it would perform differently in a very hot summer day, I will need to try that and make an update on this review. Today it was very springy cool day, so I'm sure it would be different in a hot weather. Well after all no complains, I don't know if I would by it again, but will certainly will keep it until I use it all.

Black Russian
Black Russian

The name isn't lying, it is as subtle as it goes!
If you spray whole ton of it, so you can actually smell it - it will smell nice. But even then, it still will stay lingering not more than inches away from your skin even right after you spray it.
When it comes to scent itself, if it is original in anything, it would be only in fact that it is absolutely impossible to overdo it. Spay entire bottle at once on yourself... nobody will get offended, and very few will even notice anything.
First Salvatore Ferragamo perfume that I would be avoiding to buy again.

OdorMiris
OdorMiris

A curious one this Subtil....a big fan of SF pour homme and decided to add this one to my wardrobe as well...I thought it would be a reasonable addition living here in So. Florida where the heat and humidity can become unbearable....Certainly didn't break the bank, $17 for the 'tester version' so I don't feel I'm at a loss. Opens very harsh with the cardamom and doesn't simmer down for about a good 2 or 3 hours...then I detect the orange and pepper...not bad but nothing more..very linear and doesn't develop into anything other than the cardamom/orange. I didn't find longevity to be a real problem (and I have scent-eating skin). I've had this on since 10 this morning and it finally disappeared (not even a skin scent) around 7PM....can't complain...Verdict? Nice, hot weather fragrance, nothing overly special, great for the office...that's about it.

Reconsidered my purchase....not what I expected. Pleasant enough after trying for several days but it lasted no more than 1 hour on my skin with subsequent uses...and even with a few sprays on my shirt itself, it faded in very quick order...VERY different from the first day I tried this scent. Packaged it up and sent it to my 9 year old grandson...he'll love it!

FeelinFresh
FeelinFresh

A must have in my book. Lasts a very long time. Although I always use lotion before I spray. Fresh at first, and mild afterwards but very pleasant. Always get compliments with this one. I use CK One skin moisturizer with it or coo water after shave. They both give a good mix.

capthook
capthook

Contrary to what some have said , I actually really enjoy this masculine fragrance which reminds me of oranges, violet, and spice. Yes; as its name suggests it is not an overwhelming fragrance which is actually a plus in my book. Think clean, refreshing ... When first applied the fragrance isnt the best, which is why i think some of the negative reviews were written. Drydown is where its at with this fragrance. Longevity is only OK, i wouldnt say its bad though either, also considering its supposed to be subdued anyway.

kathy_g
kathy_g

My husband owns it. Drydown is gorgeous! This perfume starts to blossom in 3-4 hrs after an initial application. Sexy and appealing. One of those which make the woman close her eyes and dream about something pleasant.

Kumana
Kumana

Nothing great but nothing to complaint as well. Marvelous only at the begining!
Longevity 7/10
Sillage 5/10
Projection 5/10

georgequeue
georgequeue

I own a bottle that I purchased in 2009; it's really a nice, citrusy, soft fragrance, but I stopped using it 2 years ago, as this is like a suit-and-tie juice (IMO), and I currently wear casual clothes to work. Anyway, I don't know, but I think this is not for me.

Rin Okumura
Rin Okumura

Oh my God! This is literally the best perfume I've ever purchased. Ginger... Water... and Violets. My aunt said that it was literally a scent for "Gods", and it was extremely and many bottles that are being sold are already old. I asked for a new bottle. You guys (people who reviewed) probably got an old one. Extremely long lasting and fills an entire room! The water smells fabulous. This lasted on my skin for 12 hours, but idk about you guys. It's extremely good. Recommended for parties and proms!

thief of hearts
thief of hearts

So light i once heard a colleague used at least 35 spirts of this head to toe before a night out. I could barely detect it in the elevator! He goes through a bottle each year.

dmirror
dmirror

Nice really light and refreshing it's a up close and personal scent I don't know how good the longevity is but I do know it smells great I smelled this at perfumania several times and I like it but I haven't bought it yet for some reason maybe cause it's so light it may fade away in a couple hours but overall its a nice summer scent my girl thinks it smells great 8 out of 10 that's just from the scent not performance

Nick M
Nick M

Easily the best blind purchase I've ever made -- has a fresh sea scent unlike anything I've smelled before, even though the notes say nothing about water (lotus?). Similar concept to Cool Water in that it's aquatic and light, yet obviously masculine; quite subtle (duh) but you can find it cheap so it's well worth it.

STOPTHEPOPUPS
STOPTHEPOPUPS

I really enjoy this cologne. The perfect blend of fresh-cleanliness and fun-playfulness. Great bottle.

Nickolas
Nickolas

I had a sample of this which I used last summer and I was pleasantly surprised. A few months later I ordered it and when I put it on I got very disappointed, so I did not use it again for some time, until a few days ago. Let me tell you I live in Greece and now it's quite hot here. So when I put it on again, I remembered excactly what I had liked a year ago. It is a nice summer citrus perfume, good for daily use, e.g. at work, which lasts on me for at least six hours with moderate sillage. It's not probably the best perfume of the world, but it's a decent one!

ROLDAN
ROLDAN

If you searching for Italian brand's fragrances You better go for Bvlgary. (Quality, longevity, silage, bottle design, concept) -Much ,much better value for your cash! IMHO

Dakkuwan
Dakkuwan

I bought a 100 mL bottle of the EdT a few years ago while in college. It's amazing how much tastes can change in a few years. I am trying to use the bottle up and move on, so I figured I would give this juice a review before I run out.

It opens with a light juicy citrus which to me has little staying power, it is closely followed by a crisp and bright ginger. The top ginger transitions nicely into the coriander from the heart which is, to me, the only thing I really smell in the heart. I think I find a faint smell of violet in there as well but I might be painting bullseyes around bullet holes. There's a hint of patchouli and musk in the base but the scent fades fast.

The top notes last about 5-10 minutes on my skin, followed by about a 30 minute heart accord and the scent is completely gone within an hour to 90 minutes.

I am not really a fan of this class of scents but for a fresh crisp scent this is pretty good. The longevity is very poor and the sillage is quite mild.

personsa22
personsa22

Completely unoriginal and begging for acceptance from men who are happily confined within traditional gender based fragrance boundaries.

Spices? Aquatics? Citrus?
Big freaking deal.

NEXT!

gabriel.acosta
gabriel.acosta

I do not recommend this perfume to anyone, the smell only lasts half an hour on my skin.

editionblanche
editionblanche

a classy salty water
really salty indeed

dvbdvb
dvbdvb

smells like some thai resto salad

tavinver
tavinver

I love the "Marine" fragances, Subtil is not a scandalous aroma, instead is very light

jeff35
jeff35

which is best ferragamo or Bulgari?

Rich28
Rich28

It does smell like diluted alchol and to that I'd also add the smell of oranges going bad. But I don't think that it's a bad smell contrary to most of the opinions here. It's a good everyday smell that will work well at casual gatherings. It's sublte as the name suggests and lasts all day on me. the scent evolves slowly into a very musky drydown. it's not a great smell but it's not bad either.

andy
andy

nothing original its a bland scent that dosent last and way too common

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

its ok. smells just like polo black. if you like that, you'll dig this.

periquito89
periquito89

Surely sharp. It is funny, but I think "ken.z008" got a good picture about it (aqua di gio diluted in vodka).
No, thank you.

guest_Nicholas
guest_Nicholas

marine scent, just like a mixture of BVLGari Aqva + Armani Giò, really good for casual use, price is quite reasonable :X love it, a fan of Salvatore Ferragamo

Master Scents
Master Scents

Not a fan.. Bought a mini, used it once, haven't used it since.. There are so many better scents, not even worth purchasing.

ken.z008
ken.z008

the scent is quietly(subtle) sharp..its like aqua di gio diluted in vodka.

Eros
Eros

It is NOT pleasant for me. There is something ... m-m-m-m... disturbing in it. I think it is Artemisia-like componenta. Why should I smell like artemisia ? I dont like it.

Stefan
Stefan

it's fresh but needs a kick or some bite, might mix well with something else.

cody1303
cody1303

Fresh beautiful scent that is not too heavy, but lingers in the air. Is subtil enough that it is not overwhelming. Very pleasant!

Herzeleid
Herzeleid

very common, nothing special

ticalau
ticalau

2 light,2 simple... smell 2 common... not so great... good for everyday i guess :D

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Salvatore Ferragamo Subtil Pour Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Salvatore Ferragamo Subtil Pour Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Subtil Pour Homme by Salvatore Ferragamo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Subtil Pour Homme by Salvatore Ferragamo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.