Designers » R S » Citrus « Groups

Tuscan Soul Salvatore Ferragamo for women and men

Tuscan Soul Salvatore Ferragamo for women and men
dislike

Tuscan Soul Salvatore Ferragamo for women and men Videos
Tuscan Soul Salvatore Ferragamo for women and men Pictures Tuscan Soul Salvatore Ferragamo for women and men Pictures

Tuscan Soul by Salvatore Ferragamo is a Citrus fragrance for women and men. Tuscan Soul was launched in 2008. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Bourdon. Top notes are bergamot and petitgrain; middle notes are orange blossom and magnolia; base notes are iris flower and fig tree.

Bergamot Petitgrain

Orange Blossom Magnolia

Iris Flower Fig Tree

CK One

Tuscan Soul Fragrance Reviews

Bublegum
Bublegum

My friend who is an air hostess brought me 3 miniatures of these, because they give them to their passengers. Anyway, I count it as an I have it and really tried perfume. The thing with this it is that at my skin it strongly reminds me of CK One. Also it is too citrusy for my taste and also kind of more masculine scent for my taste. I believe that if someone likes CK One, citrus and unisex scents s/he will like this one. Not something special I believe. I don't even know if I like it or dislike it, because I don't like it on me wearing it but if a guy was wearing it I would be all for it.
Its silage is moderate but it has a good lasting power. it lasts almost 12 hours at my skin.

troublex
troublex

smells like sheaving foam

Daisy^Slava
Daisy^Slava

I've tried this perfume on a sample vial.
It has a light citrus breath, not as sharp as a lemon for instance but something softer. To me it is similar to Versace Versense in that exact citrus note.
Here the pyramid says it is bergamot, I've never smelled the fruit live.
Longevity is not long or moderate on me.

Kiszonyogor95
Kiszonyogor95

Scent itself is really nice - refreshing, perfect for hot days, workout or some bike trips for example - thats when I can use it. It is truly an unisex, and I think I couldnt be using it like a normal daily scent :D
On the other side longevity and projection are really poor, and it makes this perfume much less interesting. If you find it in some nice price, you can buy it, but overall nothing out of ordinary.
6+/10

preux
preux

I love it, love it, love it. Oh gosh do I love it. It's the epitome of fresh, cheerful citrus with enough kick to stop it from being boring at the beginning and then the citrus melts into a gorgeous mix of florals and fig leaf. I'm smiling like an idiot and I've been miserable all day. It actually reminds me of Hermes Un Jardin en Mediterranee - the two scents aren't similar really but the freshness and imagery they evoke have the same vibe if that makes any sense.

True, it fades quickly, but it makes me so happy that frequent reapplications don't bother me as much as they normally would. I got this as a mini in a swap, though. I'm undecided as to whether or not I'll purchase an actual bottle when this is gone - so many perfumes, so little time - but until then I will drown myself in this little bubble of sunshine and pleasure and citrus.

lirael00
lirael00

I can only smell something sour. I guarantee you that for me the real Tuscany doesn't smell like that at all. I only got a few mls of this and won't be using it anymore. Lasting power is zero. For me it's like a vinegar. And I don't want to smell like that-there's nothing sexy about it.

kakamelia
kakamelia

I've the shampoo at home, got as a gift, and it smells lovely. Does anybody know if the smell of perfume is the same as shampoo? I think of blindbuy of this scent:)

EDIT: SO i finally have it and it is gorgeous. It reminds me lil bit Pret a porter by Coty - I would put it in the same category. But Tuscan soul is much much better - I love that bergamot and petigrain in this scent. In the drydown I smell magnolia. It has quite good longevity on my skin.(I sprayed it on 6hrs ago and still can smell it) I feel very lucky wearing it, bud it is rather for spring-summer days, so I will put it back to the shelf to save it.
But the only thing I can´t imagine is my husband wearing it :D Imo this is a female scent.

m_mtz40
m_mtz40

I think Tuscan Soul is just lovely. Yes starts off with a bit of a blast (hold ur breath for a minute) so i get the reference to being masculine but it does settle into a very nice delicately sweet citrus on me anyway. Indeed one of the nicer fragrances! A winner!
In comparing to Light Blue, both have a bit of a bitterness to them, this is a tad sweeter, like a sun & honey sweetness.

MrMookie
MrMookie

The first fragrance i bought blind with a little disappointment note to myself.
Tuscan Soul is a very bright light fragrance with good longevity indeed smelling magnolia but in my nose this lacks depth and soul...
Unisex in balance and i give this 75% feminine and 25% masculine.

I gave it 4 months with several wearings on wrist n body to adapt and learn this fragrance but im done with my verdict : too feminine, too flowery, too shallow.
Tuscan Soul is the one im never thinking of when im standing in front if my little puff-puff friends in the morning even on bright sunny days...
Not a blind buy thats my warning.

Im selling it.

jana.hullinghorst
jana.hullinghorst

I just purchased a massive bottle of this, good thing too because this fragrance is to be applied heavy and often...spray some in your hair it'll smell fresh out the shower! Tuscan Soul is an uplifter, sharp greens and bright sunshine. nice spicy background, Medium depth that fades to nothing within 2 hrs. no worries as it's very inexpensive and one of those scents that seem to be all about the opening anyway.. spray leisurely, makes you feel good!

sjam3295
sjam3295

Really lovely, fresh, faintly spicy, green-bitter-citrus scent with just enough wood to give it some depth. Would be a perfect summer fragrance for me were it not for the poor sillage and longevity - I have to douse myself in it to smell it and it lasts barely an hour. Such a shame; I'd definitely buy another bottle were it not for this.

Jenny_Was_Here
Jenny_Was_Here

A very pleasant, fresh spicy citrus scent. Cheerful und upliftig without any artificial sweetness. I think I need another bottle!

courant
courant

It is summer in the Southern Hemisphere and the citrus scents are out.
Prada D'Oranger, Eau de Jade, Eau Orlane and Tuscan Soul. From my house I walk two hundred meters to a clifftop stairway which descends to a beach used by dog walkers (mostly) The climb back up is 142 stairs and the thought of a powerhouse perfume is sick-inducing. Bring out the citrines, nothing else will do. I soften the Tuscan with a hint of Jade and don't mind at all if it's a bit masculine. The straw hat is feminine, the glasses are Jackie O, the sand is between the toes and the Tuscan Soul evaporates in a warm humid ribbon of air as I climb. Very nice and inexpensive.

Lolalemon
Lolalemon

This is a great zesty citrus. It's not sweet at all- slightly astringent (petit grain). ... and really refreshing. If you are looking for sugary lemonade- this will bite you in the nose.
I actually think it makes a better winter scent than summer for me-- and I would like it on my hubby in the summer.

soonflower
soonflower

Luscious orange and lemon.
Energizing and uplifting.
Bitter-sweet scent.

I just don't know why it isn't more popular because it's a great summer scent.
And inexpensive.

tahiszz
tahiszz

Reminds me of Coty - Pret a porter or CK- One.

diego.lesgart
diego.lesgart

I am not sure about it, but I really want an unisex and no more known fragance. I only wear it in summer, is definetely refreshing... with a bitter citrus . . . a really cooler and tonic water . . .

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

Picture yourself on a lovely Italian hillside surrounded by the scent of figs, citrus, flowers, and chemicals. And imagine the abstract scent of shrieking, and that no one would be able to hear you from where you are.

Jennifer555
Jennifer555

This is a very refreshing lovely citrus fragrance. When I first sniffed it I immediately got it. Perfect for a hot summer day. It is a pick me up scent. I don't find it too masculine at all. To me it is more feminine with maybe slightly masculine. I love this. Staying power is just ok, but It may be that I just can't smell it on myself. I got the big bottle so I don't mind spraying throughout the day.

MCBM
MCBM

I'm a woman and i think it's perfect to me.

kathy_g
kathy_g

This labeled as Unisex..but i find it to be on masculine side.. However my husband doesn't like it.

elshi
elshi

Ayer recibi este perfume y me encantó. En la primera aplicación se percibe cítrica, alimonada, pero luego de unos segundo se dulcifica levemente. En mi piel queda un aroma fresco, polvoso, floral, ideal para fines de semana a pleno sol. No es compleja y es bastante directa en su objetivo: frescura por encima de la seducción.

purplesun
purplesun

Really nice citrus to my nose. It is perfect for hot weather, keeps you fresh. This is my favourite citrus fragrance so far.

Rich and pungent orangey smell that can be a bit too rich at first then bergamot shows up; making it more masculine and also lighten up the scent a bit. No flower, nor any other fruits here. Maybe there is some wood but I am not sure what kind. The sad part is it doesn't last more than an hour on my skin but its still a good and simple orangey scent for everyone.

Cynicalwish
Cynicalwish

I bought it for my father for summer. I've tried it but it's too masculine for my tastes.

FRAGRANZA
FRAGRANZA

Fresh.....all citrus. I love it. It puts you in a good mood.

weegee
weegee

Pierre Bourdon nosed this -- what more recommendation does it need :) ? He nosed others that are spectacular, among them Ferre by Ferre, Fantasme, Feminite du Bois and Cabaret pour Homme.

I plan on keeping my giant 4.2oz spray tester bottle (no cap) in the refridgerator for quick pick-me-up spritzes on the hottest days of spring, summer and fall. There's a sultry masculine edge to Tuscan Soul that elevates it from a simple citrus to a light but complex sandalwood concoction that's both comforting and energizing. Lasting power on my skin is only a couple of hours but reapplication is a pleasure rather than an inconvenience because the top notes are so refreshing.

Tuscan Soul is widely and inexpensively available and is definitely full bottle worthy.

Update: after poking my olfactory brain cells for what this reminded me of I think I've got it: this is Jean Nate without the "buttery" note. As olga1780 says, a wonderful workout perfume; I can't imagine anyone thinking it too strong or offensive in any way.

olga1780
olga1780

I really loved this one! Very refreshing and lively. I really like a slight masculine touch about this fragrance. I will probably get a bottle in the future to add to my workout perfume wardrobe.....right now I have too much overhead with my perfumes. But it is so inexpensive...what the heck

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

This is a softer citrus than the beginning of AdP Colonia and waayyyyyy more sandalwood than I was ready for. In fact, the sandalwood dominates this fragrance for me. The citrus is very nice, fresh, not too sweet, and the sandalwood balances it out very nicely. For me, sandalwood is always a very strong scent, and I would have preferred just a little less as it tends to weigh down the beautiful light citrus aroma. All in all, this is a very nice frangrance. Definitely usable by both sexes, but be warned, this is not a linear citrus scent.
The longer I have this on, there are definite florals emerging...perhaps edging this over to the feminine side, but that won't stop me from wearing this lovely scent when it fits my mood.
The longer I have this on, the more I am appreciating it...really lovely. Worth a blind buy for the prices it is going for.
EDIT: The more I wear this fragrance, the more I keep falling for it. It is just so refreshing. Citrus and sandalwood...so simple and very addictive if you like citrus. This has made it to the big leagues in my rotation. Great Sunday morning breakfast in bed scent! Bring on the NY Times...what's that? put down the paper and come closer...I thought you'd never ask.

AjaBlue
AjaBlue

I really do adore this one. It is so soft and citrusy, sublime. Reminds me so much of Aqua Di Parma Colonia. It is really that close...But to me, this one is softer and lovelier...More poetic, less sharp. This scent recalls beautiful citrus with soft flowers dancing softly in the background. Traditional, Italian-countryside, lovely. However, it has very little staying power on me. So sad about that.

dina
dina

It's a perfect citrus-y fragrance but too masculine IMO...

Tuscan Soul is an absolutely beautiful scent for men or women, and is a very summery fragrance. Aptly named, it contains aromas of the Tuscan region, and just like the Soul for which it is named:is alive and vibrant, then gone to a higher plane...I am so glad I got a 4.2 oz bottle of this in tester form for under 30 US dollars!

TS begins with an absolutely wonderful fresh citrus blend of calabrian bergamot (best in the world) and sicilian citruses-juicy, fresh and bright, alongside petit grain's green freshness. These fade(but don't disappear) into a lovely floral heart of orange blossom and light smooth magnolia. The body of this is floral, but the citrus keeps it from leaning to much to the femme-Heavenly!...even with the very feminine scent of the magnolia, this remains utterly unisex and balanced. I agree with whoever said it should be called Tuscan Breeze-it has a feel of a warm breeze heavy with citruses and lovely blossoms and refreshes like one, and lasts just about as long. The base of this (according to osMoz) is fig tree and irises. Figs, fig leaves and figwood all smell differently, but similar, and this seems to favor the leaves and some of the fruit. The iris is an elegant flower that gives it a smooth slightly powdery finish. I realise the longevity suffers because of the lack of a heavy fixative in the base, but to me this is part of its charm, it's ephemeral airy quality
and complete freshness.

Sillage: close
Longevity: short
Overall: 4.5/5

Despite relatively low marks for projection and lifespan, this scent is one I just adore to no end. I have the shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion; and even with all these, the longevity is extended just slightly and some of you are likely wondering...Why Bother? Well, anything this beautiful (no matter how brief it's existence) should be celebrated and enjoyed; and I just decant to a little travel spray-bottle and refresh throughout the day. This scent is an absolute must for citrus lovers, and anyone who enjoys (as I do) the aroma of fresh citrus, summer flowers and fresh breezes...Ciao!

Sicilian citrus (oranges and lemons) and Calabrian bergamot were what I was expecting when I tested D&G SICILY, which turned out to be an entirely different sort of fragrance.

SF TUSCAN SOUL would be better named CALABRIAN SOUL, I think. But enough quibbling over names. This composition does open as a citrus, though unnamed woody and musk elements appear to be present as well. These mystery notes have the effect of muting the aromaticity of the citrus. The wood appears to be sandalwood, and unfortunately it is not holding up well in our 90F weather, so I'll have to give TUSCAN SOUL another chance on a cooler, more Tuscan day...

For now, I'm off to spritz C.O. Bigelow LEMON & ORANGE BLOSSOM (#1807)--not in the database but highly recommended--all over my body. Then I intend to lie naked under a ceiling fan. E vero! (-:

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

When I think of Tuscany, I think of a strong combination of cypress trees, dry fields, wildflowers, lavender, thyme, and other cooking herbs, not citrus fruits and ocean breezes. I was surprised to find that Tuscan Soul is a light, lemony marine/ozone scent, heavy on the airy notes rather than the citrus, the epitome of a light summery fragrance, sort of a citrus sorbet lite consumed while walking along the beach. To its credit, it manages not to be air freshener citrus, but rather a pleasantly muted citrus combination, nicely balanced by the other notes in the composition. The citrus lasts an hour or so, then is replaced by a thicker scent that I would describe as a lavender musk. I'm surprised to read so many other reviews that labeled this a fleeting fragrance. On me, this later musky stage actually lasts quite a long time, most of a day, with considerable sillage. To me, Tuscan Soul is not a compelling scent, but it’s not aversive, either. It’s just one of the many so-so ones that I inevitably encounter given my equal opportunity sampling strategy.

BIG
BIG

there are definitely flower notes in here. lily of the valley, maybe?

lovescully
lovescully

I really love this when it's first sprayed, however as so many have said before me, it has absolutely no sillage or longevity.

It's really very fresh and uplifting, but in my experience lasts only about 20 - 30 minutes maximum on my skin. Lucky it comes in a 125ml size bottle!

Frustratingly, I'd have to say that this is a failure, albeit a pleasantly uplifting one! Shame.

bloodflower
bloodflower

i am not one of those citrus lovers. on summer i prefer aquatic than citrus, however this exceeded all my expectations, when i hear citrus i am always negatively prejudiced but you see this is not acid or strong, it is fresh and airy, such an uplifting smell,fresh lemons and country air, definitely would work perfect on summer days.. but..there is a big but, no silage or lasting power, such a shame for the only citrus fragrance i loved so much..

denmaz
denmaz

nice smell but no staying power. i found it scent similar to Aqua de Loewe.

Windsong
Windsong

I love green citrus based perfumes and Tuscan Soul certainly has that profile and the fragrance is all encompassing up front but unfortunately I also found that it has no staying power on me, which is very disappointing.

A beautiful, light citrus based scent that one can certainly imagine wearing on a warm Summer's day while strolling along the beach feeling the sand between your toes.

This scent is so refreshing and delicate, almost like someone has squeezed lemon juice and mandarin orange directly onto your skin. Such an energizing and delightful feeling.

Be warned that this is a very intimate fragrance, stays very close to the skin. Tuscan Soul is not the kind of fragrance that will overwhelm the people around you, rather it will please yourself and the people that you allow to transcend past your personal boundaries.

Salvatore Ferragamo has shifted back to their original approach to fragrance compositions, leaving behind their most recent fruity floral presentations aimed solely at the younger market. Tuscan Soul is for the older market, men and women who prefer their Summer scents to exude class and distinction.

guest_Nev
guest_Nev

I found the aroma to be very strong and difficult to actually remove, especially off more sensitive areas.

guest_Rof Alan
guest_Rof Alan

A lovely smell like a summer lady garden but with a slight fishy undertone that is reminiscent of mackerel

PolarBear2
PolarBear2

Not citrusy.... I wont even classify it as a summer perfume. Smells like flowers and sand. But still good.

SandraS
SandraS

I'm not sure this is the same scent i tried recently, but it didn't smell citrus, all i could get were white flowers. Very distintive, simple and soft floral.

sanziana29
sanziana29

I just received a sample today in a local perfume store,but I had a huge surprise when, back home, I smelled it.....because, this new Tuscan soul by Ferragamo reminds me of one Avon perfume called RARE PEARLS. A huge similarity!!!!.....almost identical.

Tuscan Soul by Salvatore Ferragamo 3.64 out of 5 based on 218 ratings and 45 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Salvatore Ferragamo Tuscan Soul fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Salvatore Ferragamo Tuscan Soul, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tuscan Soul by Salvatore Ferragamo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tuscan Soul by Salvatore Ferragamo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.