Designers » R S » Oriental Floral « Groups

Sanctuary Classic Sanctuary for women

Sanctuary Classic Sanctuary for women
dislike

Sanctuary Classic was launched in 2007 as a sensual oriental fragrance of sophisticated blend and exotic flavors. It opens with fresh bergamot and citruses, followed by soft floral notes of rose and jasmine balanced with spicy cardamom. Creamy vanilla, patchouli and sandalwood provide the heat for the permanent expression of subtle elegance and femininity.

Available as 50 and 100 ml EDT.

Bergamot Citruses

Jasmine Cardamom Rose

Sandalwood Patchouli Vanille

Lime & Clarysage

Sanctuary Classic Fragrance Reviews

NoahTricot
NoahTricot

I love this scent! I am so happy they have a body spray and edt for this.

This is my 'getting cosy, staying at home on a cold/rainy evening' and wear to bed - scent. I just love how cosy this smells. At the same time I'd have no problem wearing this to the office or as a day-time fragrance.

I'd regard this a fall-fragrance but even more so, the scent reminds me of Christmas. I don't know why, maybe it's the orange and warm spice but this is def something I need to smell like during the holidays!

thesheppardess
thesheppardess

There's a fragrance? OMG, I loved this line of products. Every time I went back to England, I would stock up. No source for it in Canada. At least none that I could find. If anyone knows of a Canadian or even U.S. source, please let me know.
Thanks,

Helen70
Helen70

My brother bought me some Sanctuary products for Christmas which I loved and when I found out there was a EDT in the same fragrance, I knew I had to have it. I waited until early spring to purchase it as I thought it would be great for that time of year. I love to bring out my spring fragrances when we finally turn off the central heating, Easter eggs have been eaten and the daffodils, crocuses and tulips are in full bloom. This is fresh, soapy, clean and crisp but the main notes are so fruity and the smell of orange so strong that I am going to put this away again until summer finally arrives here in England. If you like any of the Sanctuary range, you will definitely like this - the smell is very true to the other products. I am really going to enjoy this perfume.

kewart

I wear this when I want to feel relaxed and casual.
It isn't a dressy, sophisticated scent but it is very people-pleasing and smells delightful.
I love the orange/patchouli combination.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

I love this because it dries down to a really nice patchouli. Don't get many of the other notes in the dry down other then the initial vanilla/sandalwood. Doesn't last long before it shifts to the smooth patchouli base, really good for the price.
And it is essentially the exact same fragrance as Jessica Simpson's Fancy Nights, there is zero difference

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

I used to love this but sickened myself of it very quickly. I had a huge bath & shower range too which was probably OTT!

Very reasonably priced though and a lovely scent.

I'm going to try the violet one next...

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

I'm amazed almond isn't listed as a note here as this smells very almondy to me. I agree with posters who say it's an inoffensive daywear scent. It's warm but aromatic with orange, cardoman and yes, almonds.

I don't like gourmand or foodie smells but this smells like a very elegant, expensive bathroom rather than food.

A very good fragrance.

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

I agree with the others, it is a perfect day/office scent, which won't annoy the people around you. It's rather pretty, elegant and it has individuality. Sanctuary is not a usual faceless office scent. On me it is more about citruses, bergamot and cardamom.

kewart

This is a perfect go-to everyday scent. That doesn't mean it is boring or trivial in the least Those in the know will be aware that it is a sensuous, warm, uplifting fragrance that gets you in the mood for a day of fun.

KuanYin
KuanYin

One of my favourite day fragrances, couldn't be without this one, absolutely love it! I cant recognise any of the ingredients at the moment...I'm still trying to develop this skill, I just know it makes me feel great, happy and uplifted when I wear it, it smells light, fresh and fun. I get lots of compliments too when I wear this, as the reader said earlier; its great to layer up with all the other body products, great for a pamper evening.
P.S I just love all the professional reviews on here, some of the descriptions are so poetic, thank you

smellsogood
smellsogood

Casting my scent memory back further than I care to admit, but this reminds me of Aqua Manda by Goya from the 70's.
Which is a good thing!

leeloojersey
leeloojersey

I adore the sanctuary spa classic range, it smells delightful!

I smell bergamot at first, which gives you an instant feeling of happiness and lifts your spirits right away. :) It develops with hints of the sexy jasmine and the spicy cardamom blends perfectly with the rose.
This fragrance is fresh at the beginning, not too floral (which is why I like it so much) and ends warm and cosy. I love patchouli with bergamot and I adore sandalwood with vanilla.
It's so lovely to indulge your self in the bubble bath, following with the gels, salt scrubs lotions etc...finishing with the EdT all in the same fragrance.

Perfect fragrance for daytime as it's not over- powering although could wear in the evening too.
I completely agree with tschiepchen...it's not expensive, age has no relevance and my husband also gets close when I wear this fragrance. :0
Reminds me of the maldives...beaches and exotic flowers for some reason. x

rainbow.owl
rainbow.owl

this is very nice. it is just the same scent as the range of body products that have been available for some years. it's a very warm, comforting scent that reminds me a little of Lush's Karma, but lighter with less patchouli.

I like this very much.

tschiepchen
tschiepchen

I looove this fragrance.
It smells like the wonderful Sanctuary Spa product range and many women, my tiny self included, were hoping that an EdT would be made some day for years...
This fragrance starts out fresh and warm in the top notes; I can smell the soft citrus notes on initial spray but it quickly dries down to a lovely, clean, feminine and slightly vanillac scented sandalwood veil surrounding you all day long.
It is best layered with the matching body products which deserve 5 stars and are far superior to what The Body Shop sells.
I strongly recommend you try this EdT as it would perfectly suit a teenager as well as a lady in her fifites (and basically everyone else), it is very inexpensive and sooo lovely.
Get your husband to get you a home spa gift set and the EdT as well.
Currently Boots offer "3 for 2" on their christmas gift sets!
I hope you enjoy this gem as much as I do!
A BIG PLUS: My husband loves it and rates it as one of my top 5 fragrances I have ever owned.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Sanctuary Sanctuary Classic fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Sanctuary Sanctuary Classic, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sanctuary Classic by Sanctuary. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sanctuary Classic by Sanctuary represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.