Designers » R S » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

dislike

I have it: 1178 I had it: 499 I want it: 374 My signature: 9

cacao
Covet Sarah Jessica Parker for women Videos

After launching two successful fragrances, the Sex and the City celebrity Sarah Jessica Parker has launched a new one. After Lovely, created in 2005, a fragrance that was supposed to express the light and tender side of her character, and Lovely Liquid Satin in 2006, she is now presenting the more aggressive and desirable Covet, a fragrance that captures impish and garrulous Sarah.

SJP's new fragrance was promoted on August 7, 2007 in NYC, at the Herald Square Macy's, under the slogan "I had to have it!" The perfume was created by Frank Vöelkl of Firmenich in collaboration with fragrance designer and consultant Ann Gottlieb. The bottle was designed by Chad Levigne.

Covet opens with intensive spicy-green-mint note of geranium leaves, bright and luminous Sicilian lemon, lavender, and warm and slightly spicy chocolate notes. The heart notes are honeysuckle, magnolia, and lily of the valley. The base is darker, composed of cashmere wood, musk, vetiver, teak wood and amber. It comes in 50 ml and 100 ml bottles, and with matching body products.

See Covet TV commercial Covet was created by Ann Gottlieb and Frank Voelkl.

Lavender Pelargonium Leaf Dark Chocolate Sicilian Lemon

Honeysuckle Magnolia Lily-of-the-Valley

Amber Musk Cashmere Wood Vetiver Teak Wood

Ambre Frais Femme

Covet Fragrance Reviews

Princess Adora
Princess Adora

This to me smells very old fashioned and not a big fan of lavender as a dominant note in perfumes because it's reminds me of this carpet deodoriser my mum use to use so this isn't my cup of tea.

Lipglossjunkee
Lipglossjunkee

I was on the fence about even buying this one for quite some time...I have to say, I loved the bottle design, but took a sniff at a store one time and was turned off. Well, I know better and know I need to try on skin, so I gave it another chance and am very pleased that I did!!

This opens as a gorgeous sweet lemony-lavender scent...lavender can be very masculine on me, but this is a softened lavender with no harsh edges, and the lemon is a nice foody lemon--not Pledgey in the least. I do get a bit of chocolate throughout the drydown, but it's not really a gourmand scent in the least.

The lemon hovers throughout, and the magnolia, cashmere wood, vetiver, and musky amber are nicely blended and no single note is overpowering or overwhelming. Very beautiful and pleasant, it dries down into something cozy, like a warm sweater. I can't wait to wear this is warmer weather, too, and see how it plays out on my skin.

It's sillage is pretty low, but the longevity is good with 4-6 sprays (I got about 4-6 hour from that, although it sat pretty close to the skin for the last few).

All in all, this is a winner if you like interesting, lovely scents. I didn't find it especially 'green' and it was in no way sharp, just an overall cuddly scent. I was not disappointed.

anitaoolong
anitaoolong

I had SJP's fragrance Lovely for a time and as much as I liked the scent, I found my skin projected so much of the musk that I felt like a soft foghorn wearing it.

Covet is similar, but I find it more interesting. It shares some of the lavender and musk, but it's a fresher, greener scent. I really enjoy the sherbety lemon note which opens this fragrance. Along with the herbal lavender and green notes provided by the geranium leaf there is a pinch of that dark chocolate which continues to come and go throughout the life of the fragrance. It's not a sweet chocolate, so this might not appeal to the gourmand chocolate lovers.

I'm just beginning to try layering fragrances, and I found Covet works well on me with a Coco Mad cousin (I don't have the real deal but it's worth a try). They're both assertive fragrances and I was wary of knocking myself out but I'm enjoying the result. Each one fills in and balances the other. I don't remember where I read this suggestion so I'll just say "thank you!" to you, whoever you are!

moniote
moniote

Lemon , lavender , milky chocolate dust And a hint of flower ...magnolia maybe . Subtle drydown And unisex as far as i am concerned . I put on a pair of jeans And a white t shirt And this lovely scent is enough to make my day .

sean.owers1234
sean.owers1234

"I had to have it!". I was so in love with SJP for a time and I truly loved the name and the design of the bottle that I blind bought this fragrance on a whim when it was on sale. I was truly disappointed when I ended up with a 100ml bottle of what smelt like PVA glue!

How wrong I was! The silage is just right, the scent is masculine without being too feminine, feminine without being too masculine. It starts off as 'gluey', this is unavoidable, but it then fades into crisp herbs and spices, fresh florals and this lovely hint of chocolate.

If you don't like celebrity fragrances, try this. An interesting, intriguing scent. When I tell people it's Sarah Jessica Parker, they are shocked! It smells so interesting and much more expensive than it is. I also get asked which cologne I'm wearing whenever I wear this scent! Take from that what you will, I think it's a compliment.

Well done SJP! Amazing fragrance, a modern classic.

christabella
christabella

To me this smells like freshly cut grass.

OfTheNight
OfTheNight

"I had to have it"
What a perfect tagline for such a wonderful and beautiful fragrance. I know a lot of people hate celebrity fragrances with a passion but I think if you're going to at least give one of them a chance then this is the one.

On my skin this is a beautiful blast of Lemon and Chocolate coated Lavender- it makes for a really interesting and complex trio which seems to dance on my skin as opposed to falling into conflict on my skin like a lot of fragrances seem to do lately :(
There is a very present musk note as well which stays for most of the composition on my skin and i love it because i think it compliments the fragrance really well and gives it real depth and complexity. It almost turns masculine on my skin for a moment but that sort of comes to a halt when Lily of the Valley and Magnolia come in to play.

For the most part though this is all about the lemon, chocolate and lavender and they really carry this fragrance for the whole time that it lasts on my skin. The lasting power is fantastic, I can wear this for a full 24 hours and still smell it going strong on my skin the next day. Wearing this and pondering over how i'd construct this review brought me to a thinking point that not all celebrity fragrances are rubbish- there are some true gems out there on the market and this is certainly one of them.

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

Herbal (strong like patchouli), grassy, musky and woody balanced well with lemon. Not floral or sweet. It's too herbal for me in the first two hours but asked my husband of his opinion after two hours and he liked it - so did I but not love. The musk and vetiver together reminds me of the herbalness of patchouli. Pass.

One spray on me:
Sillage: a foot
Longevity: two hours then nose-to-wrist for next four

blue_belle
blue_belle

This is one of the most unique scents I have ever worn. The top notes smell like a lavender cream truffle on me--I hesitate to even call them top notes because they stuck around for a very long time. Then the middle comes in with its honeysuckle note: delicious. The base is musky and woody, and once it dries down to that point it's been softly sweet all day and it feels like a breath of fresh air.

In total this one lasted about eight hours on me. I tried it while shopping around at a mall, and at the end of my trip I went back and bought it because I was that in love with it.

nathasya
nathasya

First I bought SJP Lovely and I love that because I like fresh floral. I think Sarah Jessica has a good nose.So i tried blind buy Covet. First time I sprayed it the smell not good i hate lemon. Not my style att all.In few hours I smell musky gourmand. I still curious with Covet and I wear everyday. I'm in love with this perfume.Covet is different, very elegant! Satisfied with this perfume more than Lovely
Good Job SJP!

arxsyn
arxsyn

Years ago when I first started working part time in a supermarket to put myself through school, they stocked Sjp's perfumes. Out of curiosity I tried covet and inhaled a musky, green/herbal, chocolate smell. Wasn't particularly sweet, different from the juicy, fruity florals that dominated the she lves.At the time I had only begun to explore perfume so i could not really appreciate the scent and instead picked out the popular lovely as my purchase.

My tastes in perfume have changed since then, and I would prefer Covet over Lovely. Lovely is too safe and boring and I happen to like green herbal scents. Covet is more imaginative and daring. I only smelled it that one time and it is too bad I don't see it anywhere in stores nowadays.

aztzura
aztzura

I really don't care for celebrity fragrances but I smelled this from a magazine insert when it came out a few years ago. I love this fragrance. It's so unusual and difficult to describe. When I smell it, I think of green. The color of the bottle is very appropriate. There's something dark green and creamy about the fragrance. It lasts all day and the sillage is good. It's definitely one of my favorites.

shasta
shasta

A lemony, musky, men's type cologne. AT FIRST.
The dry down smells like Fancy Nights. I read the reviews here and was excited to have it. I like it but was really disappointed from all the hype.

Ulusia
Ulusia

I had a bottle and it was a blind buy. I was not put off by this smell but the smell was artificial from the beginning. After a while it improved and was wearable but nothing with wow effect. The bottle is a real piece of art and deserves much better content. I am sure I would through it away if it was not for the bottle.

Sheks
Sheks

i'm absolutely in love with this fragrance.....a great mix of aromatic, spice and floral blends.

celebrity89
celebrity89

Did someone mention Tigress? I love this retro fragrance that brings back my first perfume memories of the late 60's. My boyfriend says it smells like weird spices and nutmeg. I think it's brave.

peferrarine
peferrarine

i ADORE this one. To me, it's not like any other fragrance (at least the ones I've met).
I don't get the notes exactly on this one, but a perfect concoction of them, using their best assets.
I get the "sharpness" (but not in an offensive way) of the lemon and the lavender at first, with a subtle hint of flowers. After a while, the dark chocolate appears, very shy, very timid. Keeps a warm atmosphere around the fragrance, without standing out or giving any sweetness (it's NOT a sweet fragrance).
After the chocolate warms up everything, the flower starts to stand up (i imagine that must be the Magnolia and the Lily-Of-The-Valley, since i don't get the sweetness of the Honeysuckle and don't have any idea of what Penargonium leaf must smell like.
The woods (mostly vetyver) are there to, keeping it dry and focus. Giving a more 'mature' (but not old) kind of air. Mature as in experienced. As someone who knows what they like and what they don't, and are not afraid to say it, but ALWAYS classy.

Love it, love it, love it. Sadly, i can't find it anywhere here in Brazil. It's not popular here, i guess, and most people don't even know it exists.

Was a blind buy when the first Sexy and The City movie released (the companies here try to advertise the fragrance along with the movie, but sadly, no one cared enough) and i loved it ever since.

fighter
fighter

Finally, after many months desiring this, I've put my hands (and nose) on this cute perfume!

First, I have to say, this bottle design is AMAZING. I own a 30 ml and it's so precious. I love the colors, I love the shape, I love the lead. I also was impressed by the golden sprayer. It's a very beautiful luxury gold accent not a plastic or a fake gold color. Also: the plastic cap looks like it's crystal. Fantastic.

About the juice: well...I agree with who said that at first sniff this smells exactly like glue...totally true!! Hopefully this weird sensation disappears after three minutes giving space for a fresh-green mixture of citrus, lavander and some flowers I can't distinguish. After 30 minutes a nice sweetness seems to join the party; I guess it's the dark chocolate note mixed with Lilly of the valley. And this is the moment I enjoy the most. Very elegant, very spring time, very green. In the dry down a light accord of woody elements and amber make their entrance but by the time they arrive the fragrance is quite gone.

OVERALL: I am not "impressed" but I have to say I REALLY do like it. I think it's a perfect spring time fragrance with a good combination of ingredients. It's also appropriate to wear at work as it is not offensive or particularly strong. Quite different from the other celebrity scents I've smelled so far it definitely adds some originality to my collection!

It's good for an elegant career-oriented girl, I would say. It could be easily wore also by a man without smelling like a woman.

GGLiCious

OMG SJP!!!! U r trully hv a good nose & taste on creating a scent. Covet is so gorgeous & powerful. But Lovely is still on top the chart. I must say that Covet a dark version of Yellow Diomond by Versace. It opens with very sharp notes but settles quickly into a gorgeous & owesome smells. Aromatic, fresh spicy & cacao is dominant to my nose. But it still has a strong floral & a bit of citrus vibe. It's a great choice for those who wants to change their scent to a very different kind of scent. Usually when i come to a new perfume, I'm using it by day & night to see how is it going. Covet is work for both i think, but a lilttle bit too sharp on day wear even when you're not over sprayed it. It's more settled & ballanced at night, suitable for formal night events. Well done SJP.

Spencemonster
Spencemonster

So. I went bold and blindly bought this for a steal on eBay. I have to say I adore the bottle. I also have to say as a male this scent wears so heavy it's often asked "what cologne" are you wearing. It's not a perfume to the untrained nose. My biggest scent I grab from it is a grassy chocolate. The cocoa and fresh spice are prevalent and the majority of the silage stays that way. Can be a bit of a headache spray if used too much. But overall I may not wear this a lot but it really is a truly unique spray and grabs attention. Subtle but classic. Strong and androgynous

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

Well to me the bottle is sexy as hell but the juice confuses me. Right off the bat I agree totally with the description above:

"Covet opens with intensive spicy-green-mint note of geranium leaves, bright and luminous Sicilian lemon, lavender, and warm and slightly spicy chocolate notes. The heart notes are honeysuckle, magnolia, and lily of the valley. The base is darker, composed of cashmere wood, musk, vetiver, teak wood and amber".

This is a completely accurate description according to my nose. I totally smell mint and it lingers for some time. I also get the chocolate and a strange mix of floral that I cannot pinpoint. Somewhat odd combination of mint, floral ambers and chocolate yet I can't say it's a put off entirely but it's not right. Something with this scent to me is just not wearable. I don't know why but it smells like something not meant to be sprayed on the body perhaps it smells like shaving cream. Can't pinpoint it but the perfume confuses itself with way to many things going on at the same time.

le8159
le8159

I bought this blind recently off ebay, I've always loved the bottle and I'm sure I must have tried this years ago on a tester but couldn't remember it and after reading many reviews decided it was worth risking. On a tester strip this smells very citrusy and green but pleasant, I smell the lemon, leaves and a little vetiver. On myself the first spray took me back a bit as I got a very strong hit of lemon but this soon changed to a very warm but still somewhat fresh smelling chocolate with a little lavender and spice which works beautifully even though I don't normally like lavender in my perfumes. All in all I love the way it smells on me and I'm very happy to have it in my perfume wardrobe.

Mammajamma
Mammajamma

This scent was kind of mesmerizing when I had it, was almost competing with itself. A very tangy opening and a bit lavender weaving in and out of the chocolatey dark side. I loved that it kept changing on me, and I loved it being contradictory too, it had some personality!! Reading these reviews makes me miss it now.
I would say moderate on sillage and longevity.

OlMagnolia
OlMagnolia

This is one of those puzzling fragrances. I usually avoid "celebrity" perfumes but I think I tried this perfume without knowing what it was at first. And the first impression that hit me when I sniffed it was of one of those beautiful, silky drawer sachets. I used to frequent a shop in London that sold beautiful sachets and it reminds me of that I guess. My nose is rather stupid about identifying anything but the most obvious of scents (rose, lemon, orange...)so when I smelled this perfume I just didn't know what to think. What is that first scent that grabs me, that is so different from most perfumes? I still can't figure out what I'm smelling that reminds me so much of a sachet. And to me a sachet means cozy comfort and beauty. And I can't always make up my mind about Covet - do I really like or do I dislike it...yes, I like it. But back and forth I go. I guess its my guilty pleasure to just wear it and enjoy and let others think what they will.

odie

Another excellent and unusual fragrance from SJP. She seems to be one of the few celebrities who persistently has "noses" come up with fresh, crisp yet feminine scents. Hats off to SJP, I appreciate "Lovely" as well but it is expensive in my country. Nevertheless, I do want it someday....until then I'll take a spritz of my mother's!!!!

mutia
mutia

Another blind purchase. I bought this based on an online review somewhere (I hadn't known fragrantica back then). My money wasn't spent useless, because it smells wonderful. I find chocolate hint strong enough, in fact this perfume is another way to indulge me who are crazy for chocolate.

On top note I smell orange and chocolate. A few minutes after the spray, magnolia fills the air and strangely reminds me of passion flower EDT from the body shop I once had.

On the dry down, it emanates woody, a bit of vanilla, floral, and chocolate aroma. Though the sillage and longevity is not bad, but overall the perfume worth my money.

Thomasania
Thomasania

I received this bottle in a swap, and I was mainly interested in it for the cacao note. I am on a chocolate kick right now. On the initial spray I thought this was going to be a regretful swap. I then decided to layer some Al Rehab Chocomusk over the Covet because I just wasn't sure how the Covet was going to play out. I still don't know how it would have played out on its own,but layered with the Chocomusk it was beautiful. I received several compliments throughout the day. I decided to wear the same combination the next day, and it was still beautiful. On the third day, I used Sensual Amber BBW lotion, Covet and Chocomusk... It was divine!
It lasted for at least six hours with the chocolate note from both being very pronounced. If you are on the fence about this one try layering it with another chocolate perfume and see how it works out.
My verdict is this is a tricky one on its own but layer it with something else and you will have a winner!

Edit 12/2/13
I am finding that Covet is actually quite lovely. I actually purchased samples of Montale Chocolate Greedy based on comments in a thread, and I admit I was expecting it to be a chocolate God. I wasnt all that impressed, especially for the money. In my opinion, I think Covet is your better deal if your looking for a nice chocolate scent. It is affordable, long lasting, and easily accessible. This is quickly becoming a favorite of mine.

velvet_hour
velvet_hour

I have a love/hate relationship with this perfume. I purchased it blind and have never been sure if it was the right thing to do.
On initial spray all I can smell is lemon, then on the dry down a warm chocolate mixed with a heady concoction of lavender and spices.
On the days that I love this perfume, I appreciate the strength of the scent, it lasts all day and sticks to clothes like there's no tomorrow. It has a vintage feel to it, perhaps because it has the classic notes of lavender and citrus, though because it is mixed with chocolate it brings it into this day and age as there are increasingly more gourmand fragrances in the market.
However, the notes suggest that I should adore this perfume, but something about the scent doesn't click with me sometimes. Perhaps it does not work well with my skin?
I can definitely say that it is unlike any other fragrance that I have, and any that I have tried for some time, and thumbs up to SJP for making a bold celebrity fragrance that isn't just sweet.
I love the bottle, as it definitely looks like something you would covet.
I will leave this on my shelf and continue my confusion over it.

LoneCamel
LoneCamel

The notes are beautiful and together they make a very charismatic and noticable individual indeed, I think she might be a flamboyant art gallery owner in her 50's, wearing too much bijouteries. IN the 50's too, for that matter. The scent to me is more an intellectual caramel than an emotional one. Strange, fun, annoying, fascinating. But not me, not yet at least. Some scents takes some adapting to. I really do hope that adapting will come and include overcome the absolutely disturbing TANNIN i pick up, it sets itself on my tongue as sharp as a papercut and as ugly as stale tea left soaking hours on end. Very wierd, I don't understand why this is here; is it the teak? Does anyone else get it?

brandiwine1980
brandiwine1980

I didn't care for this one originally, but the more I wear it the more I love it. It's one of the few scents where I can distinguish individual notes. I smell the green in it, a little lemon which I'm grateful for since not a lemon fan, and the delish choc . Then I smell the flowers followed by powdery amber. It is very original and yummy in my opinion.

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

When I first acquired Covet, I tried it a few times, and back on my perfume shelf it went. It wasn't agreeing with me. I pulled it out again to revisit it out of curiosity to see what would happen on this try. Yes, there's Sicilian Lemon. Yes, there's chocolate. If there's such a delicacy as a chocolate lemon meringue pie that has a high quality furniture oil drizzled over it, then that's what I'm smelling. But that's not all. Just as I'm thinking this is a gourmand, suddenly, I'm in a flower tent, a huge display of award-winning florals, and as I pass all of the beautiful displays, I inhale deeply to appreciate the richness of the beauty of each flower. But remnants of the chocolate merinque pie are still with me, alternating equally. Not fighting somehow, because these are two separate, distinct notes. And somehow they balance nicely, although heavily. The vetiver is persistent in its dark woods, along with the muskiness of the cashmere wood, while the lavender leaves a faint trail. This is a quirky perfume.
Covet, if sprayed sparingly, will not be overbearing to those around you. It also lasts for hours until washed off.
I found a distinct similarity to my Jean Nate vintage perfume. Revisiting Covet, I knew the scent was familiar to me. I sprayed my vintage Nate on one arm and Covet on the the other and spent the day comparing them. Almost identical, except the Nate perfume gave out sooner.
I was also reminded of Michel Germain's Tattoo. I'd say it's the simplistic lime and caramel in Tattoo that brought me back to Covet, but that's where the similarity ended.
Why the bottle top is made of cheesy plastic when the commercial was made to look so classy is beyond me. Otherwise, a chunky little bottle to hold, easy to spray.
A heavier perfume than one would expect, with notes that circle deeply. Beautiful to wear in the cooler weather, at night, for special occasions.

Moonwalk Memorie
Moonwalk Memorie

Aromatic lavender and lemon on me. Chocolate reduces the freshness, though it's hard to distinguish. Dries a bit muskier.

I'd rather walk into a room that smells like this than spray it on myself.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

A bright, crisp, clean lemon scent with a sweet herbal vibe, Covet starts with the smell of a clean, sunny kitchen—butcher block counters scrubbed with salt and lemon juice, dried lavender and white muslin curtains hanging from the leaded glass windows, a pot of herbal tea steeping on a ceramic trivet. I for one certainly do “covet” that kitchen….but I still find the name very odd for this fragrance. With the amber plastic beaded cap, the deep olive-jade bottle accented with gold and the name, I expected a rich, opulent fragrance. I thought the chocolate notes would give depth and a velvety richness, combined with the lemon and lavender like a gourmet bar of Lindt chocolate.

The lemon in Covet reminds me of Esprit de Fleurs Frapin—a sunny lemon pledge sort of smell; in the case of Covet, the flowers of Frapin are replaced with lavender and a tiny hint of chocolate. Covet also reminds me of Cinema, especially as it dries down (2+hours)—only where Cinema had orange blossoms and white chocolate, Covet has lemon and dark chocolate. If Cinema smells like orange groves and old Hollywood, then maybe Covet smells like a sunny New York bistro. Maybe I’m just too imaginative, stretching what I smell to fit the name.

I’m ambivalent about this scent. The disconnect between the name and smell is disconcerting. I wish the lavender and chocolate were more prominent on my skin; it’s a very lemon-centric smell, taking what might have almost succeeded as a gourmand-fugere into the realm of citrus-aquatic. Sillage is modest, lasting power 4+ hours.

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

On me, the lemon took over and stayed prominent all the way through. I really wanted to pick up the lavender and the chocolate, but on my skin, this smelled *just* like commercial bathroom cleaner.

cottonpop
cottonpop

This is such an interesting scent. I liked it a lot, it's quite unique, not what you expect, definitely green and crisp. I know i won't like it though, even if it hasn't been discontinued.

esmerelda69
esmerelda69

I bought Covet as soon as it was released after testing it at the counter and waiting half hour. Well I was very pleasantly surprised by it's character. Chocolate limes and much more. I still have some of the original left and love it today as much as ever. Although Guerlain Mitsouko is my favourite Covet gets to play out with me occasionally.

Jomoves

I think both this and Madonna's namesake fragrance are good examples of the way the perfume market is at at the moment. Both attempted to bring something niche to the celebrity perfume sector and both failed on a commercial level. As much as many people on here (including me) bemoan the fact that everything is a fruity floral these days, there are clearly al lot of people out there who don't want anything else.

As a lecturer at college once said to me "The market always decides".

lil_odessa
lil_odessa

I loved the opening on this; it had a fresh, oily, green, bitter quality not unlike that of extra-virgin olive oil--a little androgynous, and a nod to, though certainly not similar, to that of Jicky, which also uses the lavender-citrus with a bitter counterpoint (here it's that chocolate accord, which is neither sweet nor gourmand). The drydown is buttery and soft, balancing balmy, floral and woody. It finishes pretty sweetly though (on me), so unfortunately I find it a little nondescript when I get whiffs of it throughout the day. I usually wear it in situations where my usual faves wouldn't be appreciated.

TeeTeeRarr
TeeTeeRarr

I'm amazed at how many people use the adjective "unique" to describe this scent. There is nothing unique or special about Covet. Perhaps the marketing somehow informed this perception. Covet smells just like your generic chocolate fragrance! It is not bad but it just does not live up to the hype everyone keeps talking about. I'm a huge lavender addict (the natural stuff not the masculine/cologne ones) which is why I decided to try this but where is the lavender?

If you like chocolate perfumes then try it. The price is good and it DOES smells lovely but if you came here because of the lavender, you might want to look elsewhere.

daleythorn
daleythorn

To me this is a unique, substantial fragrance that caught my fancy right away. I found it to be complex and spicy with a heart of sweetness. I wore it so much that I used up the whole bottle quite quickly. It reminds me of the hot, dry summer of 2009. I got so many compliments on this scent that it seems that I am not the only one whose heart was captured by this....now that I don't have this anymore, I "covet" it (pun very much intended!)

xabaras
xabaras

I can detect the lavender and the cocoa mixed together creating a very unusual floral/sweet note, although this is not a sweet fragrance, to my nose it seems aromatic. I don't find it unpleasant at all, it is actually very original, it just does not convince me...
It makes me think of those nameless sample vials filled with mild man's aftershave the local barber used to give my dad to bring home and try, when I was little. I remember using those samples instead than my dad, who was not interested in fragrances. For this reason,I would see this fragrance better worn by a man, or by a woman who's always on the go and always wears jeans. A sort of tomboy scent. Different.

Jennifer555
Jennifer555

I can't stand it. It smells bitter and weird. One of my least like fragrances and I have a huge collection and I am not picky at all. This is one of the first I'd be happy to get rid of. But I just keep it around just in case I change my mind but I doubt I will.

Jola 72
Jola 72

Like the first half an hour this scent setts down on my skin Nice Then nothing left Good idea of scent Zero quality Not that cheep either,can find so much better perfume for the price Nice bottle and opening ,thats all I do think carry the bottle with me to enjoy Covet Not impressed at all... Sorry

Renata tang

But nothing warm and spicy on me, kind of weird,because it is only cold smell on me. Maybe because I am cold blood creature haha

I smelled bamboo? It is nice though! LOL

theloveofperfumeismine
theloveofperfumeismine

wow,i've been reading the reviews, had no idea this was discontinued, I have a very huge perfume collection and covet is in there brand new bottle I will try tomorrow and see what conclusion i come to. thanks, you all

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

I just think that some ingredients are better separated than together. Chocolate isn't bad on its own (though not my favourite) and lavender can be truly great in a fragrance. However, together they are just confusing and make a mixture that just doesn't go.

Covet is not for me, I much prefer SJP Lovely.

Prettysweetz
Prettysweetz

When I first spray this, I hate the initial strong blast of sharp wet green notes. However, those green notes settle down after a few minutes, then I love because it become creamier and sweeter. This is not a sweet perfume at all however.
I do not know how to explain this perfume as it is a very unusual scent. It is a very different perfume. I can't really say it reminds me of another perfume. It is green, a bit musky and fresh, citrusy, creamy (chocolate). Once in a while I get whiffs of the lavender and the chocolate, more lavender than chocolate, which to me is the best part of tthis little lady.
I don't know why this reminds me a bit of a mature scent, it is very sophisticated, but is it not strong as the more mature scents, so a younger woman can pull this off beautifully.
This has no monster sillage and it stays pretty close to your skin, which saddens me because I want people to notice my scent. Longevity is average.

I love this scent and this little lady will be in my collection as long as the perfume is available. I wear this year around, day and night. I wear this when I am feeling sophisticated. This is not a casual perfume, but I can rock this with jeans, a t-shirt, and heels. Wear this to an interview, a date, a black tie event. This smells like a woman but a male can pull this off and smell unusually sexy, as it doesn't smell like lollipops, marshmallow, pink cotton candy, and unicorns.
I can't stress enough how pretty and well done this perfume is. This is not like any celebrity perfume!!

If you want the chocolate to come out more, layer this with a chocolate body balm or lotion!!

mihaela01
mihaela01

Interesting and unusual scent.Sometimes I really like it and sometimes I don t.Lemon and chocolate...it works but not all the time ,on me.

Kaleide
Kaleide

I have an almost full bottle of this (80 ml or something), PM me if you want to buy or swap!

It's a good fragrance but not really for me.

Museumgal
Museumgal

This is a very interesting scent. The chocolate isn't very sweet but dry and in the background, the lavender and citrus are in the forefront. Since it's not very sweet the chocolate is woodier and deeper than most chocolate based scents. I can't quite tell if I like it or dislike it -- but it is very distinctive and unusual!

Halcyon76
Halcyon76

This was bought for me as a Christmas present. I didn't like it and I sold it on - a very heavy scent which made me feel quite nauseous.

icecube
icecube

A very unusual fragrance for this time and age. I get herbs mixed with a sweet note - presumable chockolat.
Woods and flowers in the background - cant distinct witch ones.
I must say this perfume is growing on me. Did not like it at the first try but starting to like it more and more to the extend that I am falling in love.
If you are looking for something different - a bit sweet with a pleasent herbal vibe - this is it.
It seems to be a good quality - both longevity and sillage is good.

lasuse
lasuse

This is so wonderful in colder weather, starts very green with a blast of lavender, the dark chocolate turns up and the scent gets warm and cozy, without beeing sweet. Ends a bit soapy with lots of vetiver and soft woods.

Very different from todays common floral-fruity scents and worth trying if you're into something special and enjoy a perfume that's neither super girly-sweet, nor very flowery.

It smells flamboyant, but soft and warm enough for everyday use. The perfume fits an independent, self-confident woman with a soft side. I reckon only few young girls/women will like and wear this because it is far away from mainstream.

Could probably be sold as expensive niche-perfumery scent, and I'm glad it is not :).

Lefemmenikita
Lefemmenikita

This reminded me of the Sex in the City perfumes, which I absolutely hate. The smell is incredibly synthetic and plastic-like mixed with chemicals. I really couldn't detect any other notes.

BeckySue22
BeckySue22

Wanted to love it, but it's so bad on me. I smell like expired chocolate. It's very harsh on me and offensive.
Gave it to a friend, smells great on her! It's so elegant and nice on her, even inoffensive. This a really a perfume you have to try out on your skin.

renata.souzaesouza
renata.souzaesouza

I consider it elegant, but I don't like it on me. It's really a strange scent.

levinebabe
levinebabe

I got this after my father got this instead of mistakenly Lovely. It's balmy and suits a mature lady. I smell lemon on, but no chocolate. One of the best celeb scents I know. I layered it with TBS' Chocomania Body Butter. Great, I must admit.

avonman
avonman

I've owned this beauty for about four years now, buying 3 100ml bottles...one after the other...for a few months I could not pin-point what this fragrance kept on reminding me of until recently... BAM!! I got it.. now this is for those of you who were around in the 70s' and 80s'...do you remember WELLA BALSAM shampoo and conditioner...the shampoo was just like the opening All Bright and Lemony and the conditioner was like the dry-down a Creamy Vanilla/Amber with some Cocoay Cinnamon Spice.. so now every time I wear this I'm transported to 1970s' Showering Bliss!!

amelie
amelie

Yes, you're right WS, have nothing to add. I also loved it a few years ago, but it's hard now to find here. Although I normally avoid floral-musk-woody, this is the exception that only proves that you should not be a priori against something while do not try. It's tender and kind of reminds me of my childhood.

bailarina
bailarina

I don't care much for the opening but the drydown smells interesting, and good...yes it smells good to my nose. It's different than everything else in the market and it's sophisticated, but you have to wait a little, because the opening is very sharp almost masculine. I enjoy it very much and I'm glad it is in my collection since it has been discontinued.

adair58
adair58

This scent reminds me of sitting on my Aunt's porch with hanging lemon-scented geraniums and potted lavender, eating chocolate ice cream and simply enjoying as the day turns into evening.

I am so ready for Spring!

Mooncatt
Mooncatt

This is lovely, like a scented wafer a friend had that was meant to perfume lingerie drawers. The mouthwatering opening must be the lemon. I get the mental image of dressing up for a fun evening out. It's one of my floral woody masks, the other being FUBU Plush. They're nice for a change from sweet gourmands, or for occasions when ultra-sweet wouldn't be appropriate. What a shame that it got discontinued, only to start getting some positive reviews!
These don't remind me of 'old ladies'. Thety remind me of playing in my friend's bedrome, where she had miniatures and samples of classic perfumes. her aunt worked at a perfumery.

tenderhearted
tenderhearted

I have a cruelty free perfume oil imitation version of this scent. I love it so much! :) I have never smelled the original perfume of Covet. I love that name!

At the start, I get lemon and lavender,and this is herbal soothing to my senses. I feel this has a cooling smell,but it is not cold. It is cooling,relaxing,soft,creamy,fresh earth and citrus making me smile.:) After a short while,I do get some petals of sweetness,I think this Is you honeysuckle. The drying down is my very favorite aspect. I get soft powders,sweetened lemon and lavender,and here gently cradling everything is the beautiful chocolate. With all these glorious scents combined,at times my skin smells herbal sweet,and at other times,I even get a fresh baked doughnut scent:) Ahhh.....how delicious,how unique,how beautifully quirky!:) This perfume gently breathes life into my world.

And men should not be shy to wear this either:) This scent would suit anyone who loves it. I do not believe in set gender labels for anything in life:)

I think Sarah Jessica Parker is very beautiful and precious. I think she's a wonderful actress (it does make me sad that she wears fur though)

Obviously her acting abilities have nothing to do with the perfume :)

Peace and Love

LizWords
LizWords

Even if you hate this fragrance, you have to admit it is at least interesting. I blind bought this expecting a straight up gourmand and was a bit confused when I first sprayed it. I tested it one night, had it on for about an hour, was still confused by it's weird scent, then took a bath. After the bath I came back into the room where I had sprayed the perfume and I kept getting whiffs of this wonderful chocolatey scent. It took me a few minutes to realize that I was actually smelling this perfume. From that point on I've loved this.

Its the drydown that I love, if I had to base this review off the initial 1-2 hours I would say MEH, but the drydown is amazing. The initial blast is very green with lavender and lemon and geranium, I get almost no chocolate at all at first. I can actually see why some people have mentioned it reminding them of dirt, I can see that for the first few minutes I put it on. But after a 1-2 hours the chocolate starts really rising off my skin and from there on out it's awesome. Another reviewer also mentioned heat bringing out the best in this perfume an I would have to agree, the more moist and warm my skin is the more chocolate I get mixing with the other notes and turning it into a sultry sweet scent. Absolutely yummy and addictive when it gets to this point. I just ordered a back up bottle tonight since I don't want to run the risk that this discontinued fragrance will become hard to find.

dame piglet

So I am re-reviewing this fragrance because I JUST got my hands on a full bottle, where as I test-drove a small decant before.

This beauty is a wild ride!

I personally haven't smelled anything just like this, and I can certainly see how some don't like it - even hate it - especially at the opening. It's not at all typical of the type of fragrance I normally go for, but I do LOVE it. ***It's definitely a try-before-you-buy.***

On me, it opens super zingy... tart to the point of being bitter with the power-punch of lemon, lavender and what smells to me like geranium (I guess that's the pelargonium - I'm not familiar with that). Gradually, as it dries, there's woodiness and an occasional hint of chocolate (but it's subtle). Once it's fully dry, I catch something smooth and softly, subtly floral.

It's one of those fragrances that lasts and lasts (8 hours on me!) but doesn't seem to be "full-tilt" all the time... I catch wafts of it from time to time.

This could be a unisex fragrance, certainly. It's like it has the best of both worlds.

To me, two words best describe this fragrance: unconventional and uplifting.

bluepistachio
bluepistachio

I ordered it online, the bottle is adorable and figured out...I only lose 13 dollars if I didn't like it. I didn't think SJP is going to let me down.

Turns out I was a little disappointed, I never smelled anything familiar. Too me it seemed a bit strong, like a cleaning product. Bitter, I expected to smell a sweet chocolate. Though later I began to understand it. It's very green, unique, really out there. A bizarre scent just like SJP's fashion sense. Though it's so classy, perfect for the rainy days. This also makes a great evening scent, for a special occasion. I don't recommend it for as a casual scent. This is a scent that I don't reach as often. It's dark and can also be camouflage in the outdoors. I like wearing this when camping. Bottom is I suggest you try it. If you're trying to look for something unique that smells grassy, lemony, and bitter then I recommend it. Very long lasting and smells expensive.

maryum.malik
maryum.malik

beautiful bottle, beautiful scent. also gets me compliments from both guys and girls!

irenekatrina
irenekatrina

I love to mist it in the house around the holidays. Not to say I that I don’t spray it on myself at a whim. It's so warm and right for autumn and winter. To me it’s lemon chocolate eggnog. So unique, so odd, yet remarkable, I love the scent. The aroma had to grow on me too. But damn, I adore it now. Mmmmmmmmm

dovey
dovey

Smells like grass
Also reminds me of a cream that was popular yeeeeaaars ago when I was a little child
it also had a green container with a chamomile flower on it
Anybody share the same memory :) ??
Got it as a present & immideately exchanged it at the make up store
its an eeww for me !!

Liquefaction
Liquefaction

This is my favourite perfume. The only thing that I don't like about it is that it's a celebrity perfume and that seems kinda silly to me. Oh. And that it's discontinued. Halfway through my third bottle. I might have to turn to the resources of the internet soon.

deliten
deliten

Dislike this one. A girl in my school sprays waaay to much of this stuff and the hallways are left with an awful and strong smell when she has passed. It smells really cheap and synthetic.

aber19
aber19

I hate Jessica Parker, but the fragrance designer should be commended. What a fantastic light mongolia, chocolate perfume. I have bought three bottles because it will be probably discontinued. It is not offensive, but you can wear it any where and feel refreshed and uplifted. It has a long lasting smell on clothes about 6hrs at least. This is great value for money fragrance, it is quite different not too sweet, or spicy but a nice light floral fragrance.I usually wear in summer time on hot days.

I.I
I.I

Well...I recently tried Covet and I think it's a really good quality perfume. I too (as others mentioned) find this to be the best celebrity perfume I have smelled along with M by Mariah Carey (intoxicating incense ah...).
It's an 'airy' perfume, it's a perfume that can make a statement, not a cheap drugstore perfume. I smell lavender and woods, a little bit of chocolate (it adds more depth), I don't smell lemon at all.
In fact Covet doesn't remind me of Absynth at all. I find it quite close to Voyage by Hermes and I can say that it stays longer for sure. Hermes Voyage is one of my favorite perfumes but still, I wouldn't reach for Covet, despite the resemblance.
The reason... : I don't identify myself with Sara Jessica Parker and she's not thought to be a top actress in my country.
In general I believe that perfumes should have a name of their own, a name that would justify the juice they carry on, that would show how the creator percieves what s/he has created, without the addition of a celebrity name for advertising purposes.

nacha79
nacha79

really really love this perfume...i was searching frangance like this.
..strong and unique...since long time and very happy finnaly i find it

@spigo
...thanks for the input, i seen a lot of these same notes used in a lot of men's frags so i wanted to try it

2storm.suhoney,

You mean could a guy wear this juice? Well, since the 'ancient' times when Thierry Mugler advised men to pull cholcolaty and gourmand frags on (i.e. figuratively, said A*men to the domination of virile herbal and woody animalistic concepts in the world of male perfumery), there are no serious restrictions (imho, unless some brave heart decides to wear something like Joy Patou :))). In view of obvious fougere freshness, the restriction here is minimal plus your own male chemistry will imho introduce some corrective facets.

It's only a frag after all, why not to try? If this proves funny on your skin, you will notice this instantly.:)

(Frankly speaking, I even suppose that a very musky and woody Lovely of SJP could work manly on a proper man's skin. Shush.)

storm.suhoney

just a question but could a guy pull this off? i like the notes and found it for super cheap...

piapedersen
piapedersen

They just can't help it can they? Why do they have to discontinue one more of my favourites? Accenti, Tendre Poison... and now this one! I LOVE this for its character and its abitlity to stand out. I'm sure that if I wear this at a number of social events and parties, I'll be the only one. In my opinion that's one of the important facets in a perfume. This one has personality.

vanilla-lovers
vanilla-lovers

i got the miniature, i wish i have full size - because it's discontinued :(

it's so herbalistic in my opinion, but it's dry down as chocolate mint to me, lovely! i haven't expected the dry-down scent would as lovely as it!

for me, it's like an introvert girl, who have sweet-wonderful personality inside :)

nataliebf
nataliebf

SMH...different strokes for different folks. I'm shocked to read all these great reviews. IMO, this perfume is just AWFUL! I returned it! I can't even put into words how bad it reeked on me but so you have an idea...my husband smelled it and said "it's smells like Pine Sol mixed with Raid" ....not sexy :-(

tumbellina
tumbellina

I thought I'd buy myself a bottle of this while you can still get hold of it and see what all the fuss was about. I'm really pleased I did. The unusual combination of notes blend really well and balance one another out on my skin. It smells just delicious.

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

This perfume blows my mind. I mean even the drydown is amazing! This lasts for quite a while on me as well!

goingblonde
goingblonde

The Geranium stands out for quite some time- I have never cared for Geranium scent at all but I get such a wonderful rich chocolate in the end that I tolerate the Geranium-because while it stands out for awile it isnt over powering .

This is a very different scent in my opinion.

feathers
feathers

To me the most prominant note is the herbal accord: geranium and lavender. The lemon is just a hint,not a large presence,but blended very nicely to the green/herbal note. Chocolate blends with a somewhat minty green note, and if you love mint flavored chocolate (I do!) you may find this a very pleasant and uplifting treat for the nose! I would only add that it strikes me as a perfume to wear with the color brown, a rich brown satin ball gown or a brown velvet jacket. Reccomended to anyone who likes sweet perfumes, and green-herbal accords.

spigo

I would say this is the cleverest of celebscents I ever met. Now, judging by the fact that Covet is no longer produced, I suppose the most challenge and covet for Sara Jess was to produce something that goes absolutely perpendicular to the mainstream tastes, which takes courage and high hopes for a domination of thinking clientelle among buyers.

Not a surprise that such a wonderful example of a Guerlain originated rule of juxtaposition of ingredients was perceived as a nonsense. It was imagined for those ladies who see the whole picture of their life altogether, with fussy mornings and gorgeous evening social life. The structure of the scent reflected this all in just one juice.

Well, it is not a masterpiece inborn, meaning that it is synthetic, but it is so well thought over and done (originally), that, imho, this could be called a little exercise in making Jicky of our days, out of nothing (in terms of modern materials - as juxtaposition in fougere hesperidee freshness and deep oriental tones of confectionary and ambery-woody tones). This made me think that the perfumers did pretend the modern fresh fougere may be still interesting, provocative and inspiring as Jicky once were, which allowed dewy ferny motives to engage with oriental and gourmand domains. (BTW, Avon, having dared to make a female fougere recently, happened to make another nice but mediocre male EDT.:))

Another reason for discontinuation of the scent could be the scent's incongruity with rapidly changing restrictions on materials for safety reasons. This happens just so often today that not only small brands suffer - the giants of the industry are doomed for extinction because of raw material revisions.

Anyway, I see this as a wonderful attempt to recall what a real rich imagination is, and how much a talented and unconventional female of a big city needs such turbulent and charming sensations.

I hope this scent may reappear from time to time at least as a Christmas present to devoted fans of it, in limited editions, like this happens with Wrappings Clinique every year.

And finally, this is a working of a wonderful woman, Ann Gottlieb, whose mind mixed things in such an astonishing way that aromas, even presented upside down or paradoxically combined, (see Contradiction Calvin Clein as well) still retain beauty, mystery and pleasure.

Arabelle
Arabelle

I haven't written a review in a while but I felt I had to share my impression of this perfume. I love SJP NYC and Lovely but to call Covet a fragrance would be a misnomer. This perfume smells like dirt...

To be fair, I need to revise my previous review of Covet because I probably just got an old bottle that first time. When I tried it again, I could smell the delicious chocolate note blending with the lavender- so unlike the discordant lavender and citrus notes I got the first time. This perfume is intriguing and has good lasting power. The bottle is captivating and so is the shape of the perfume solid which came with my set. It was on clearance at TJMaxx for only $7 for the 3-piece set. You can't beat that!

jwjulie24
jwjulie24

Smells really wonderful, but the sweetness gets to be too much after a while.

PipeDreams#1
PipeDreams#1

Really nice fragrance. This is a much greener scent than I would normally wear, although that is mostly in the opening notes only. The drydown is very heavy on the amber for me and I really like it. It's subtle. Not something that will project in an annoyingly loud way. I'm really impressed with SJP's scents. Alas, once again I've discovered an amazing scent after it's been discontinued. I'll keep an eye for it online or at a discount store.

tschiepchen
tschiepchen

I bought Covet because I really liked it after testing it once.
My first impression: Lavender and chocolate.

This week I have worn Covet 'properly' for the first time and have also used the matching shower gel and body lotion.
All in all I found the lasting power impressive (12+ hours), the sillage was definitely above average, too.

But this time I found Covet to be different from when I tested it.
Layered with shower gel and body lotion I found Covet to be very green and a little herbal with plenty of floral-green lily-of-the-valley, intense musk, aromatic lavender, a touch of vetiver and a hint of chocolate.

Covet did not change much on my skin; the lavender note became less intense with time while the vetiver note gained strength.
Otherwise I found it to be rather linear.

Unfortunately I got a headache from Covet - so sad!

I would not recommend Covet for a blind buy or a gift as the fragrance will not suit everyone.
Still, Covet is definitely a very interesting fragrance!

cdimmick2013
cdimmick2013

I am in love with this fragrance. I got a deal on it at a discount store and didnt think much of it at first. I sprayed it a year later and now I want to wear it every day!

saguna
saguna

I wish that Pure Bloom could be the same longevity as Covet, I don't like Covet, but like PB.
It's too much lemony citrussy thingy for me and reminds me of Absinth Lacroix, and some lemon tart.

Sorry, not my pair of shoes,
I can swap it ( around 43 ml left) for any simmilar price perfume - London or UK.

s_athena
s_athena

Found this as a gift set at TJMaxx - by far the best cheapie I've ever bought (full 50 ml bottle with solid perfume and lotion for $25!). Has enough spicy warmth and longevity for fall, but with enough of a refreshing kick from the greenery and citrus for when summer is still lingering into the fall months. Perfect for weather like today when it's 80 and humid in October (damn you global warming)! On me the chocolate in this is more of an earthy soil note than gourmand sweet, which is what saves this from becoming too cloying or having too much dissonance in the notes. Doesn't last more than three hours on me which is a pity, but for the price I don't mind having to reapply a bit more frequently! I just hope I can keep finding this one :-(

djgirl1976
djgirl1976

Amusing to me is that I couldn't stand Lovely but rather like Covet. Almost like it was an answer to those whose taste Lovely didn't suit.

And now there are 10 or more SJP scents out, though I don't know that any appeal enough for me to use daily. This is most likely my favorite.

MadameBlueMonarch
MadameBlueMonarch

As much as I loved Lovely, I dislike Covet. There is something a bit 'off' at the beginning, perhaps the chocolate notes. I don't intensely hate it though. My daughter liked it so I gave it to her. The bottle design is very clever-the top.

Sabrina_A
Sabrina_A

Beautiful perfume !
It's well done and it's like taking me back to the 1940's (even though I'm born in the end of 1980's haha).

A very "classy" scent that (I think) doesn't fit everyone . It's special and unique .

The price is sooooooo right and the bottle is gorgeous . I like the "top" of it , looks like a flower :) . LONG LASTING AS WELL !

Good job Sarah !

aristocrat
aristocrat

The precociously elegant bottle design was what first drew my attention to SJP's Covet. Neither the bottle nor the scent would have been out of place in the late 1920's.
The opening of fresh bitter geranium leaves,lemon and lavender is powerfully uplifting. It really awakens the senses.
After initial dry-down the gentle floral bouquet that breaks through is rather soothing which then gives way to a dusty musk filled vanilla-ish finish.
For such a captivating scent it is ridiculously inexpensive. It's hard to understand why this has been discontinued with so many awful "celeb" fragrances out there on the market.
I do think the citrus/lavender combo of this unique scent makes it very unisex. I also can't fathom why celebs such as SJP with huge gay fan-bases don't corner this market with the release of some male scents?! Kylie and Celine have done it... Even Elizabeth Taylor did it... and very sucessfully I might add!! Both SJP and Matthew have a holiday residence here in Donegal, Ireland. If I ever have the good fortune to run into her [fingers crossed]this is a suggestion I will certainly run by her! :)

blondeambitioned
blondeambitioned

The image that comes to mind when I think of Covet is La Fee Verte (the Green Fairy) on a bottle of absinthe. The oily yellow-green color of the perfume is unusual, but fitting. Like another reviewer said, this perfume makes you feel as if you are standing in a greenhouse where the perfumes of flowers are baking in the sun. I get a lot of lemon and geranium on top with a hint of lavender, and after an hour or so the dark, creamy cacao base (soil) peeks out underneath. I wish the creamy base would develop a little more. Despite the fact that lemon and geranium are cheery notes, this perfume doesn't evoke any kind of emotion from me - it just sits on top of my skin like Lemon Pledge or air freshener. It's a very unusual and complex greenhouse scent, which is probably why it wasn't much of a commercial success in the celebrity perfume candy store. Still, at this price, and for such an unusual beauty, I think I will get a bottle. However, I certainly would not be kicking out glass windows for it!

smellME
smellME

This is really an odd mix of chocolate, lemon and lavender at starters. weird but I enjoy it. Quite strong and I would say daring of Sarah putting all those antagonist notes next to each other. The base goes softer amber, musk and vetiver with some wood. this made me think of Eternity
with choclate added... On me its fabulous cause the chocolate stays through the whole wear! I am thinking of getting a whole bottle if I can find it by swap ...
- so I did .... Really love this warm and intrieging choclate scent...
thanks Gesch for the swap !
and HOORAY once again too SJP for the third scent of hers.
that went ritght up on my love list !

Bethesda
Bethesda

I bought this as a blind buy after reading the positive reviews and I am not disappointed. It has been discontinued but fortunately it's still available on the internet. The combination of notes is unusual but they work well together and it's completely original. It has been compared to Avon Absynthe, which I have, but I think the only similarity is that they are both fougere scents and of the two I find Absynthe more woody and powdery.

In the opening I smell lemon and a very subtle hint of mint but also rose, which isn't listed. It could be the scent of the geranium leaves, however, as I read they can be citrusy, minty or rosy (and you get all three in the opening!). The hint of rose also makes the lemon smell reminiscent of bergamot. Immediately after the citrusy top note the lavender note comes in and I think this is what makes the perfume so special. I find it an underused note in perfumes yet I use it all the time at home as an essential oil, especially combined with geranium or bergamot oil, in an oil burner so it's great to finally find that sort of combination in a perfume! The lavender and citrus notes stay true while the beautiful honeysuckle note creeps in - I'm surprised the honeysuckle hasn't been mentioned more as I find it quite an intense note. Amber, vetiver and musk notes enter the mix and it's at this point that the citrus mellows a bit. I can smell the widely debated chocolate note in the base notes but it's so mild I don't consider it to be one of the main notes in this fragrance. It just adds to the subtle earthiness of the amber and musk.

Overall I am incredibly impressed with Covet. It's got freshness, greenery, flowers and earthiness like a wooded garden. There's enough freshness to it to wear in hot weather but the ambery muskiness also makes it wearable for autumn. Not too heavy, not too light, just perfect. :)

Sabriel
Sabriel

It's such a shame this was discontinued. I have had a 50ml gift set, 200ml lotion and now I'm almost finished a 100ml bottle. Once I have some spare cash I will be buying another gift set. I rarely repurchase fragrances but this bowls me over whenever I smell it. I don't know what I'm smelling but whatever it is is just wonderful.
I don't understand why this is no longer available. So many people love the scent.
Please Coty, bring this back!

Note: this is a fragrance that cannot be judge solely on paper. It must be sprayed on the skin to experience its full beauty.

keonpai
keonpai

I fell in love with Covet the first time I had a sniff. However I don't have a budget enough to buy it at that time, and it had been about 3 years until I finally got the perfume. However this time I don't like it like the first time, it smelt too citrusey and I'm disappointed that I couldn't find the vanilla on the first spray. After some few minutes it softens down, smelling like you've been sitting on some meadow, it become nice and subtle. After some hours I feel that I smell like old books in the library. Nice and edgy, I must say, not a typical all pleaser, statements. Great.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

I have to eat my own words...that I would never have a celebrity scent. This is really interesting stuff once you get over the biohazard green liquid look. I smell dark chocolate and pomelo skin right off, I'm guessing that's the Sicilian orange note. It's green and sweet mixed with chocolate. I would have to give this two thumbs up-one for it's unusual combination that comes together really well and the second for making me like it well enough to purchase a bottle, inexpensive compared to others in my collection.

rasia
rasia

This one was a blind buy for me because on some level I just KNEW I'd love it. And my intuition was right. I instantly fell in love with this, from the very first spritz. My favourite phase is the initial blast of green, lemony cloud flowing over me. It's like a magic spell and I just wish it would last forever... I also adore the bottle. This is definitely the one and only celebrity fragrance I like. I get compliments every time I wear this and every compliment is different; some people point out the lemony fresh breeze and some people tell me they like chocolatey sweetness to it. In other words, this is very versatile fragrance and I assume it behaves differently on every skin.
My plan now is to hoarde like dozens of bottles of this because every time I really like something, they get cancelled. :D

purrz11
purrz11

The first time I tried this I almost tossed it at first whiff. It was weird and strong. I hated it. After a few minutes, the dark chocolate kicked in and it was wonderful. It smells like baker's chocolate with hint of green to keep things interesting. I smell lemon but not too much. I think of sitting on blanket in a freshly mowed lawn eating brownies. This is a beautiful, interesting, sophistocated scent and I'm glad I didn't throw it out!

snowbunny007
snowbunny007

If you do not like extreme lemon notes, do not wear this. I think the focal points of this fragrance are oily lemon notes that weave in and out of a bitter chocolate cloud. The lavender is just a temporary special effect that captures your attention from time to time. So the fragrance goes like this:

Oily lemon
Bitter chocolate
Oily lemon again
A touch of lavender with your chocolate
Oily lemon
repeat....

I found this "bouncy bouncy" game a bit annoying. So, I gave it away. I think this would have been better if there had been a fleeting bergamot instead of pervasive lemon...that dried down to lavender and chocolate with a subtle, woody base.

Sillage is good. Lasting time is about 6 hours.

tei
tei

the longevity of this perfume is amazing,sprayed it on my jacket and went out in the rain and i can still get a whiff of it on my jacket the next day....its amazing. it's for cooler weather though. and it's inexpensive for such a great perfume

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A Unisex - Masculine, Mid-Mature - Mature cocoa and green aroma which is subtle and maybe not for the masses, but lovers of something different may think that this is great..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 - 45 mins. 1 foot projection. There is clear cocoa and something green intertwined- its like grown up lime green sweeties but without any sweetness. The colour of the bottle lid and juice is very apt. ! Unisex and winter frag to me. Ages 42- 52. Youth may not like this

45 mins - 2 hours. 7 inch projection. Some soapiness comes in. Ages 48 - 60

2 hours - 4.5 hour . 3 inch projection. Any trace of femininity seems to go and you have a strong male frag. Smoky spiciness ruins it, pity.. Ages 60-70

4.5 hours - 7 hours. 1 inch projection. Strong smokiness. It was still on my skin when I woke up the next day, and to my suprise, it had gone smoky sweet and nice!

This was a blind buy based on reviews for my wife but she did not like it, however, I do!, so I wear it!

Hubajube
Hubajube

For me this is too strong and flowery. I don't get unisex out of this at all.

cinsot
cinsot

Covet is a late bloomer. The longer you have it on the more enchanting it becomes. I adore how it lingers on clothing drawing you in to its magic all over again.

On my skin Covet concocts an exquisite marriage between luscious lemony cocoa and honeysuckle garnished teak.

There is also a semi-masculine feel to the presentation leaving you with the sensation of being the recipient of a big bear hug from an adorable blokey bloke. The woods at play no doubt.

The formulation is strong, a little goes a long way towards enveloping you in a luminous vapour all day.

fath1ma
fath1ma

Covet has good quality, compare to its price. The bold chocolate in it suitable for evening time. Lemon also dominate at beginning, nice for days. This scent can wear in everytime you want (like I care for the scent of seasons!!lol) One of the best green scent , also mysterious like a virgin forest.

Shadowfroggy
Shadowfroggy

Currently my favorite perfume, Covet is in a class by itself. It bucks the trend of other celebrity fragrances that all smell like fruit candy. Fresh and sophisticated, Covet opens with the smell of a garden just after the rain. The garden has potted geraniums, lavendar and herbs and fresh tomatoes on the vine. There is just a hint of chocolate in the dry down, so subtle that I could never identify it on my own without the reviews here that pointed it out for me.

This is a unisex fragrance anyone could wear. I am surprised it isn't a bigger commercial success. My worst fears that they will discontinue it

HazelNicoletti
HazelNicoletti

The commercial was hilarious and this perfume is pretty decent considering the fact that I like citrus and Lily of the Valley scents.

Rammich
Rammich

Musky, lemony, herbal, crisp, fresh.
I like it, but it seems more like a man's fragrance instead of a woman's.
The bottle is very beautiful. I think this could be a unisex perfume, which is nice, but it's a little strong for me and not sweet enough. I wear it once in a while though, not always.

It is categorized as Fresh spicy, but I wouldn't rate Cacao as spicy though, more gourmand.
I would say floral woody gourmand, but certainly not spicy.

Jellybean
Jellybean

herbal for citrus and lavender, then soft musk and amber.
It has that "new smell".
Amber is quite prominent at drydown with chocolatey hint. It's a combination between zesty herbal and warm gourmand. Some reviewers mentioned it being unisex: yes it could be worn by both due to minimal sweetness and citrussy dryness that denotes the femininity of this scent.
Soft to dry musk musk (alternating), crispness and freshness are staple marks of this fragrance.
I must say herbal fumes are my new interest to explore, therefore after polishing off Lovely in record time I had to try this one as well, and must say I like it (Lovely is lovelier thou) but this is good too!
Silage could have been better, 4 hours approx.

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

Very fresh, crisp, spicy & green. It's a rather unique frag; perfect for cassual or work ware since is very soft. I agree that it doen'st last long, but you can reapply it since is not expensive. like it.
And the bottle is just gorgeous!

Lucialuz
Lucialuz

Horrible. Citrus + chocolate + flowers. Terrible combination. When you wear citrus you want to feel refreshing. When you wear chocolate you want to feel hot, cozy, comfortable, sweet. Chocolate has nothing to do with flowers, lavender, lemon, herbs,citrus.

adhieoprah
adhieoprah

it is the scent that who women wear it, it's about to make a statement ... it well blended scent and I think it's lovely chocolate scent which is rare ... sometimes could be boring to add chocolate in scent but this scent make the cut and even it smell rich and expensive, just like JSP herself ...

well done parker

Hollie31
Hollie31

I love trying new perfumes, but i seem to always come back to this one. I decided to try it after seeing it for just £10.95!! I can understand why a lot of people dislike it.. it's a very distinct product, not a crowd pleaser. But if your looking for an individual scent, this is gorgeous. Possibly one of the reasons i love it so much, is how well it reacts with my skin, on me it smells like a garden in the morning after a heavy rain. Wet grass and flowers with an undertone of crushed lavender and cashmere. Ocassionally you get a hint of chocolate to. Delish in my opinion.

mchell43
mchell43

I like this perfume but as in other reviews it is a shame it does not last too well, and I found I covered myself in it to get the strength. Im more of a powerfull stand out from the crowd perfume lover. This is best for spring daytime wear.But it is very nice :)

Bandit
Bandit

Gimme some strength, gimme some longevity, gimme some sillage!

Damn, I really appreciate Covet, but it so weak! I simply don't want to reapply several times a day... had the same experience with Lovely.

Charlene Savage
Charlene Savage

Loved the bottle - "I had to have it!" Reminiscent of Alliage, an Estee Lauder perfume from the 1970's, although maybe my olfactory memory is faulty? Enjoying the fragrance but I don't think it will become a perennial favourite. Love Sarah Jessica Parker and think this perfume reflects her image accurately.

kasslee
kasslee

One good thing I will say about Covet is that it is different and not like a lot of the other celebrity scents out there.
It is an interesting scent and I like the lavender aspect of it, but it's not for me.
The thought of Lemon, Lavender & Chocolate all mixed together kind of makes me want to gag a little.
Much too sharp smelling, and not a good mix in my opinion.
I did find this fragrance to be very long lasting.

Liina
Liina

I bought Covet blindly hoping to smell a great chocolate in it. But this one was a disappointment to me as I can barely detect the chocolate note here. I can definitely smell lemon in the top with something herbal. And the herbal part is what directs this scent from top to base. It's mostly lavender with a little bit of something sweet (not chocolate), probably honeysuckle. And as funny as it may sound altogether it smells a lot like dark bred to me with something green on it. Must be the pelargonium leaf although I don't actually know how it smells but it must be the greenest part of this fragrance.
I'm not a fan of this perfume. I never wear it when I go out of the house, only sometimes before going to bed because lavender is relaxing scent.
But I don't regret buying this perfume because I love the bottle. I love the shape, the color, the lid, the everything about this bottle. One of my favorite perfume bottles ever! And the video ad is very cute and funny - also love it!

Lumiere

Lily-of-the-valley. Lush, so strong, that if you have this bunch of May flowers in your bedroom, you might want to take it out so as not to die in intoxication in your sleep...But no, so addictive this aroma is, i would breathe it in..and in...and in...all, to the last drop.Oily and moist, delicate and so strong...Finally i understood. This a flowery scent. Even green colour is like an essence of these flowers.

kassinator
kassinator

I too bought this blind based on the reviews of lemon and chocolate notes. I can barely detect the chocolate and that is not until after the dry down. I thought this was supposed to be a darker SJP fragrance, but to my nose this is cheerful as ever. This scent is all lemon and sweet green notes. There is nothing moody about it. Surprisingly I actually like it. I don't love it, but I find myself reaching for it more often than I would have thought. This is one I spray when I don't want to offend anyone with my usual dark and dirty scents.

Jilly B
Jilly B

A blind buy based on the lavender and chocolate notes....I've eaten dark chocolate with lavender and it was lovely!

I opened the box and loved the bottle, the lid, the colour of the perfume, hoping I'd also love the smell. I wasn't disappointed!

Covet is green and fresh, and does smell of lavender and chocolate (but not chocolate in a gourmand sense). It's a very light fragrance on me, and doesn't last too long. I re-spray after about 3 hours, which is fine as it's not an expensive perfume. I've bought this in December, but think it would be a lovely fresh scent for spring and summer.

Great scent, and great bottle!

fifaatm
fifaatm

I've been wanting this perfume for quite a while, having read reviews and hearing my friends talking about this. After so much anticipation I finally got the miniature this morning.

Trying it on my wrist, first I got unique scents, that I couldnt really pinpoint. Maybe that's floral-lemon, and after a while the lavender really shows up. Curious, because I didn't catch chocolate (oohh.. how I regret this.. really pop my anticipation balloon.. )
The drydowns is the usual musk, woodsy notes, with hint of lavender.

Not very long lasting, have to reapply after 3-4 hrs.

Suzanne 0330
Suzanne 0330

I do not know whys....I love it so much !
Strong and compelling, verry special, I wear it when I feel active, it last very long on me.

But, If I wear 2 or 3 days, I have heart palpitations don't ask me why !

Lumiere

Mid-summer. Road-works and smell of hot black tar. It's still soft, you walk on it and leave foot-prints. Forever the feeling of school holidays, and feeling of freedom.I am addicted, and saving a bottle in a draw for special moods.

TwistedKid14
TwistedKid14

A very beautiful floral scent, but it doesn't last very long on me. You'd probably have to reapply mid-day.

Eicher
Eicher

I decided to buy Covet based on its perfume pyramid, without trying it. I think this perfume to be very particular: either you love it or you cannot stand it.
I would recommend it to those women who like strong scents with character. I would not recommend it for younger generation because of the very much noticeable lilly-of-the-valley. Next to this, the chocolate is pretty intensive. Definitely 30+.
I personally like it very much.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

I am a HUGE sex and the city fan and I love Sara Jessica Parker but, I honestly think she must have been pregnant when she was creating this perfume. Pickles, pickles, chocolate, lemon, and more pickles. Sound like a pregnancy craving right? A really weird combination of foods. The bottle is gorgeous and the name “Covet” is perfect for a fragrance but, not this one.

over_caffeine
over_caffeine

Covet works. It strangely smells amazing. I believe SJP has the best celebrity fragrances. Herbaceous and gourmand at the same time, Covet comes off as being both sweet and fresh. Perfect crossover scent from rainy season to summer. Actually, Covet can be worn all year round. Lasting power is great, too. Overall a well thought out celebrity fragrance.

riri
riri

I bought it just because the bottle (without testing it first)--it is too cute. This perfume is definitely not for me, it's rather grassy and soft and too "lovely" and lady like scent for me. I was so surprised since it's SJP's!? I was expecting a glam city-girl popping-up scent and sassy. I like my perfume loud and sexy yet sweet. Whenever I sniff on Covet, makes me think of that old movie with Michael Landon and Melissa Gilbert on it.. so polite and conventional and somewhat it's in my head that I'm ready for a country life whenever I sprayed it on. I'm wearing it almost everyday as it is the least favourite perfume of mine. It is a good perfume, never thought it's bad. It's just not for me.

rosembloom
rosembloom

@ Radchik: Great review! I love this crisp and clean frag so so SO much!! I find it vastly intriguing; It must be the chocolate contrasting with the cool and prickly accord of champagne-like green notes. The geranium and floral heart adds a mysterious touch to that minty -mossy scent. It is a sparlking gem in the opening, mellowing out to smoothly spread the warmth of dark cocoa, heady magnolia fresh lily-of-the-valley ,sharp spices and sultry amber.The dark woods leave a mysterious trail that lingers quite a while on me.
Sillage on me : 8
longevity: 6
projection: 8
On some it smells quite heady so I would use it sparingly. I find it is ideal for all seasons especially Fall and Winter. Interesting because it smells so different given the weather: either it smells spicy and tartly fruity or warm and cocoa-cozy. One of my faves! Good day dear Fragranticans! I am very addicted to Fragrantica: may it live on and on! Blessings!xxxRosie

I can see why this gets mixed reviews. This fragrance has some character, but not in an in-your-face kind of way. It's got a more subtle way of making you pay attention. The opening is an odd but interesting mix of notes, with sweet depth of chocolate paired with the cool sharpness of lavender, and even a hint of citrus. It's intriguing at this point, and different. I must say, this has the loveliest drydown of powdery musk and florals. I really love the last stage of this fragrance journey, I just wish I liked the beginning and middle stages more.

astamm62
astamm62

I really like this scent..It was a blind buy,I was worried after I ordered it I wasn't going to like it.Some of the reviews for this scent are mixed..My only complaint is that it doesn't last,which is surprising because with notes of chocolate,lemon,lavender,musk,amber..You think it would,these aren't light notes.I'm still happy,I got a good deal at Fragrancex for a gift set.

Whit
Whit

Ok, I sampled this when it first came out and I was not a fan; it smelled grassy and sharp to me. I was at Kohls doing some shopping and I figured I would give it another try. It still smelled sharp and grassy to me, so I let it settle, and settle, but to no avail. I still don't care for it and I certainly didn't get any of the chocolate notes that everyone raves about. Yep, all I smell is straight up grass. It is a "green" scent and it is fresh, but do not blind buy this. I really wanted to like this one but I can't bring myself to do it. Sorry SJP!

EDIT: So, after about 6 hours, I finally smelled the chocolate. Even so, I don't think I can get past all the sharpness and grass to actually begin to like it. The chocolate note was most predominant after the dry down, but there were still hints of grass. The best way I can describe this frag: in the beginning it is freshly cut grass and the dry down is chocolate-covered grass. LOL Sorry to those of you that like it.

darkbeauty

I've officially dethroned my signature, Mariella Burani, in lieu of Covet who now holds the "coveted" title.

There is something about this impish green bottle, the enchanting chocolate cloud of fragrance it gives off, and the way it makes me feel--special.

Like a gothic fairy princess in an enchanted forest looking up at dark chocolate trees and surrounded by flower blossoms floating in the air.

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

i got it! Covet is ''creamy grassed yellow sunshine, choclately goodness'' :D

vsmini
vsmini

If you've ever watched the old series Strangers with Candy then you might know that one of the teachers makes a joke and puts someone down to bring a "leafy dessert" for their up and coming potluck lunch. When spraying this perfume that's exactly what I thought of...a leafy dessert!
It is a very unique scent and though I'm a sucker for foody/gourmand scents (Jessica Simpson's Fancy is my favorite) and usually stay away from citrus or green scents this is right up my alley. I think the dark chocolate note is what makes me sold on this. The chocolate is pretty hard to define and if it wasn't explicitly stated that chocolate was a note I would have a hard time figuring out what it is. It has an herbal and musky scent when it dries down but the lavender, lemon and chocolate stay through out top, middle and end. Lasting power on my skin is great and a little goes a long way. I got this in the mail yesterday and wore it out and got a ton of compliments from my boyfriend's family all night. I was worried that maybe it was coming off too strong but they insisted it was perfect and they could smell it when I came in the house.
I've heard a popular youtube fragrance reviewer say that this perfume reminds him of walking through a lush green forest but a forest that's haunted. I think that's a perfect abstract description of this: a Haunted Forest!
It's halloween weekend now and I'll be wearing this all through out the fall and keep with my haunting theme. I think this perfume is a mature scent - I'm 28 and feel like I'm old enough to wear it. I think I'll be using this for a fall/winter/maybe cool spring scent.

LuiLui
LuiLui

Was a surprise for me.
I reaaaly love it!!!
It doesn't reminder me a old lady scent at all! If it does it I will never buy it!
So nice fragance and one more to put in my collection. :)

jazmam
jazmam

Well done, and to a celeb perfume snob such as myself I did not want to like this.

First off the bottle is charming, reminds me of a little bottle of a magical potion (I'm sure wiccans and those of other natural religions love this) or a ospell in a bottle! And the earthy green with the dark coco brown jewled top that sits around sarah's initialed spritzer top... is all so cleverly cute, very charming to see and feel, a little exciting.. and the writing on the bottle in a style that's t fitting the theme is perfect.. Before even sniffing this I get the feeling like I'm about to experience something specialt

Then upon first sniff it's a rather unpleasant burst of mint / lemon a bit medicinal ..ooh but dont fret, the magic is just begining because in just a fleeting second the uckiness is gone and VIOLA i suddenly smell a dark rich chocolate that is undenyably definently chocolate but soon that also begins to behave and what you are left with is a creamygrassed ever so slightly citrussed coco ...key word ''creamy'', with exception of the first second or so I do not detect sharp notes, this fragrance is magical becsuse I detect no vanilla, yet the creaminess is undeniable.

I'm not someone who normally likes 'greeen' scents but this is done so well and is quite unique, I cant help but to fall in love, or perhaps this magical wonder has cast it's spell on me

I think too this can be worn anytime of the year, it's comforting yet so alive such an active yet calming frag Picture the end of summer you are sitting in a green field rewarding yourself with a taste of a fine chocolate, sipping on an herbal remedied glass of lemonade ....and random flowers about ready to explore

What a great find at a great price. The longevity is good , sillage medium range for me about 4-6 hours

Definently worth getting your hands on this, I forsee in the future this too have caught on to more of the general public and the price skyrocketting! It's that wonderful and unique, very quite possibly a classic!

Juma
Juma

It's the first fragrance when I say: it's a mess.
It's not sweet, not bitter,even green, it's a chocolate in wild battle with lemon and lavender.
Sorry to lovers, it's just my skin chemistry.
Edit: it's amazing citrusy opening, with lavendel's supportthen it turns slowly to amazing chocolate smell- It's unisex to me. I totally changed my mind at Covet-it happens!

sarage
sarage

Covet is a very special perfume. I bought it when it was on discount. Beautiful bottle, beautiful, unusual, warm scent, blend of lemon and chocolate.

sablebombe
sablebombe

Quite nice and currently really cheap here in the UK! I don't go for celeb/coty perfumes usually but I thought I would try this based on the price - and really it is a cannot go wrong kind of scent.

It comes across as green and warm - inoffensive and not as run of the mill as the usual celeb perfumes - in fact, I find it far more unique! There is a syntheticness about it however - but I still like it. The opening doesn't impress me too much but it doesn't last long and then I start to get a chocolate, honeysuckle, lilly of the valley and amber mix! Lasts a couple of hours on my skin and would be appropriate, I think, for most occasions! When I think about it, I get a great reminder of those chocolate-lime sweets from my childhood! It reminds me of the taste!

On the down side it also reminds me slightly of those toilet fresheners (also from my childhood) which were hung on the side of the toilet and freshened with every flush!!! Usually came in tinted cellophane wrappers!

I think this is a good budget buy and I don't think I can compare it to anything else on the market which gives it the uniqueness it craves!

Would I rush out and buy another one - sadly, the answer is no - but I did find on clothing it has a wonderful, gentle, scent so I will water it down for ironing! Or maybe just spritz around my wardrobe or linen cupboard!

lyria
lyria

If I can judge only by the smell of the body lotion that I have then I would call this "lemony lullaby" :-)... with echo of lavender. Maybe that's the way a summer fairy smells...

margien
margien

Again a not-mainstream scent from SJP. Similar to Lovely, apparently not produced anymore, as both perfumes have been low priced in Holland for a year now. A lot of citrus in Covet, a nice daytime perfume.

Miffy8900
Miffy8900

Love this. Green-ish and nothing like I've ever tried before. Love those kind of different scents, that has very 'unnatural' notes in it, just like Covet has chocolate and lemon. First I thought 'what an odd combination', but it works fantastic together! Bottle is cool and retro. I love SJP, and I am still nuts about Lovely. This one too.

elisabethgenest
elisabethgenest

whenever i smell this one, it reminds me of a grandma. Not necessarily my grandma, but just the typical old lady.

Starlight_Angel
Starlight_Angel

Covet is a very unique and very special fragrance, in my opinion. While it technically falls into the "celebrity scents" category, it vastly differs from the majority of its counterparts in that category.

This perfume is rich and dark, with a sensual muskiness just below the surface.

It's a creamy scent thanks to the chocolate, but unlike many scents with a fairly prominent chocolate note, Covet isn't remotely gourmand.

I love the way the chocolate blends with the bitter lemon and the sweetish lavender...it's truly delightful.

A lot of reviewers have called Covet "masculine", but on my skin it's decidedly feminine, even the dry down. Lavender can smell quite masculine at times though, so I can see where that comes from.

Although this fragrance is still available in some places, it's been discontinued, which I think is such a shame. It's a great scent, and perfect for any age group.

SheShe
SheShe

The fragrance is interesting but hard to wear for me. There are times I admire it and there are times I don't like it.

The scent is something like "Wuthering Heights". It's wild, wild nature, wild woman ;) The opening is an unusual citrus and then chocolate, lavender and cashmere wood are what I like the most. The scent has something niche. Lavender with chocolate are an interesting combination but there isn't harmony in the pair. The scent isn't peaceful, especially from the beginning - there's much going on and it's going on fast. Then it calms down a bit.

Lasting power could be better and the bottle is gorgeous.

dame piglet

In the opening there's some citrus, greens and floral, but on me that is fleeting.

But oh boy... the drydown! WON-DER-FUL! It's me, only better; the amber, musk and mellow woods just ooze warmth. I guess it's chocolate that adds the tiny tinge of sweetness to the mix... just enough to take all masculinity out of the scent. Frankly, I find this 100 times more wearable than chocolovers.

Warm and snuggly for under sweaters. I need this. Thanks for the decant, stitchy!

Alara
Alara

Here is a fragrance I sometimes really love and other times, not so much.

I love the initial freshness, it seems prickly, sharp and I love how it makes itself known as it enters my sights (or should I say smells?).LOL
It's impossible for me to mistake Covet for any other scent I know.

Oh, there is no chocolate in this scent, if you ask my nose. Not even a tiny piece. Sarah must of ate it when my batch was made. You go girl! I prefer it that way, though I love some gourmands, it just wouldn't fit into this scent.

What I dislike, however, is the sweet, petit Lily-of-the-Valley. It's not the flower's fault, the poor thing, it's just that my not-meant-to-be mother in law's bathroom was adorned by a Glade Lily-of-the-Valley air freshener. And I can really smell the Lily here. That ghost of relationships past just flies out of the wardrobe every time and maybe it is just me performing some kind of cathartic cleansing while I chew through my own mistakes, and what better way to do it than by scent?

O.K. layman attempt at psychology aside, I LOVE Covet's drydown; mmm mmm mmmmm! It's the sweet smell of wood! The scent of a freshly chopped log that I've just used my brute lumberjack skills to chop and I'm sniffing, smelling and daydreaming. And the drydown lasts and lasts and is fantastic!

I don't like Covet on clean, fresh-out-of-the-shower skin because that's when Lily-of-the-Valley's bullying is present in full effect. But on tiny oilier skin (finally, oily skin is good for something), the basenotes come up fast and there I am, amongst my logs, in front of my wooden house, sitting and sniffing like a weirdo, but I don't care cos we all have a few screws loose, up here on the mountain.

SimplyAbbey

it smells like tea...its really unpleasant

Aredore
Aredore

There is a seaside candy shop two towns south of me where you can buy individual lavender chocolates for 25 cents each. I usually buy five dollars worth and hoard them for a few weeks. I spend up to half an hour nibbling each button- sized piece.

Covet is nothing like my precious floral confections. It starts out as a bag of smirking lemonheads but something in the mix of florals, musks and fruits in the heart and drydown just smells like an improvisational powdered drink cocktail - An unappetizing concoction where the last packet of lime kool-aid is stretched with the inclusion of 3 varieties of crusty two-year-old instant iced tea, a bit of chocolate powder (oops) and too much water.

A scrubber.

varnyte
varnyte

I like this perfume. For me it is very energetic and reminds NYC:) By the way commercial is just funtastic, I love Sara Jessica Parker!:)

takeasniff

I feel this poor perfume has been saved too late. I used to read reviews about it when it first came out. People hated it. I suspect they only sprayed it on a card and didn't let it develop on their skin. Now that it is available as huge bottles on discount people seem to have blind purchased it or tested it more rigorously and now give it a more favourable review. Sadly it is scrapped from her collection. I felt it was quite different in a good way especially for a celeb. It represented Jessica much better than some of her other scents. I cannot understand why she has discontinued this and kept some of the other more ordinary scents in her collection because this seems to be getting a small following now but it is too little too late!!

mlle<3delicieux
mlle<3delicieux

I see this has now been discontinued so i'm going to take a risk and buy 100ml dirt cheap from ebay. Win Win!
I remember when this first arrived in the shops, as a big SJP fan, I was very keen to try it. First impressions a little disappointing I must say. After reading the reviews here I am willing to give it a chance.. check out the dry down. Will let you know how I get on.
The advert is hysterically monsterous and does not do the lovely SJP any favours whatsoever. The beautiful bottle is a somewhat redeeming feature.

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

All I can smell is "green". Where is the chocolate everyone is raving about?! Very unpleasent scent.

cleanerchic
cleanerchic

Love this fragrance! Very suprising to see gernaium and chocolate go together so well. Just beautiful.

lukkyme
lukkyme

let me tell you what is DEFINANTLY in here that is NOT listed folks . . . geranium thats a big part of the ''green' smell your getting also 2 me fresh cut grass 4 me mostly smell geranium lavendar hints of dark chocolate amalfi lemon dirt/soil rosehips its been a while since ive smelt it <3 i love sjp. & tho this isnt my fav i respect it & her for being unique & unusual<3 muah mrs.parker

salihah
salihah

i love this dosent last very long but smells gorgoues and love the bottle

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

Unfortunately I didn't find any chocolate here. The citrus zest aroma dominates Covet and after a few hours it rests with a slightly sweet muskiness. I find it is a a lovely spring/summer fragrance to wear throughout the day.

darcy2
darcy2

My goodness, what a divisive fragrance! Personally, I like it. It doesn't misbehave on my skin, it always smells good. I enjoy lemon and lavender very much, and put together with a dark velvet chocolate - how unusual. This strange combination smells good on me. I did notice this smelled similar to Bvlgari Notte, and just to amuse myself sprayed one crook of my arm with Notte, and the other with Covet. The Notte is softer, and the Covet is fresher. If I had to choose, I would go for the Notte though, but boy they are similar. When I woke up this morning I smelled my arms to see how they finally dried down. Notte was still there smelling good. Sadly the Covet was completely gone.

pearllypearl
pearllypearl

I came by the Covet flyer in the internet & got attracted to the beautiful bottle. After checking out the notes here, the chocolate caught my attention. The review sounds good too. I tried to shop online & managed to get myself a bottle of Covet miniature.

1st apply: WOW!! it is really an odd smell~~!
2nd apply: erm... it reminds me of Shieldtox the insecticide.

I tried my best to accept the unique of Covet, but I fail. Now, I can only put it aside, being part of my miniature collection. So pathetic......

Liis
Liis

I bought it in the autumn and tried to wear during winter but could not - too overpowering, something was amiss. At the moment we are in a heatwawe of 30 degrees and my skin is different, sweaty and moist. It's like a totally different perfume now - on me, this is perfect for summer. Weird, that :).

xstitchalanna
xstitchalanna

After wearing this fragrance all day and then respraying it when it wore off I think I am finally ready to write my review. This is a very unique scent, as others have said, you will either love it or hate it. I love it. It took a few times wearing it but this time I finally did smell the citrus top notes right after I sprayed it. But they soon blended in with the other notes. I can detect the lavender as well. For the most part this fragrance doesn't change too much. After a few hours I can notice more of the vanilla smell to it. I know it's supposed to be chocolate, but I just can't smell it. I do smell the amber and musk in it the whole time but once it has dried down to the base notes I can smell the amber and musk a little clearer. Too me this fragrance smells warm and I would have personally catagorized it as a gourmand/floral/oriental. I don't smell the greens in it. I know a lot of other people on here do but perhapse my nose is not as well tuned yet. I am so sad they discontinued this! The staying power is really good. At least 6 hours strong, then another 2-4 hours really faint. It is so beautiful and so unique! I actually won the 3.4oz and lotion and the Lovely 3.4oz and lotion set. I doubt I ever would have purchased these because I had a pre-concieved notion that the SJP would be sweet smelling and loud. I was very pleasantly surprised they weren't! I highly recomend this! 5/5 stars

getora
getora

Unusual scent. You rather love or hate it(I love). Very green and quite overpowering, but nice. Ideal for evening wear.

ticalica
ticalica

I really want to like this and own it because of its weird mix of ingredients such as a mash of chocolate, lemon, lavender and other notes together.

I appreciate SJP's efforts always!

StarMagix
StarMagix

This is another scent I have to be in the mood to wear. I do really like this perfume, but it is not one I reach for that often. It is a clean smell with what they call a lot of the green notes coming through. I do love that about it. I am glad I own this fragrance as I have heard it is being discontinued, but this bottle will last me a very long time.

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

This one is not as bright as "Lovely", even the opening made me frowning. I put the sample in my pocket, and when I sniffed it again hours later…something happen, the drydown is very good…very good! Unique and smells expensive. Like it!

diorissimo
diorissimo

This smells like pickles on me, which is not exactly what I am going for most days.... but is a pretty amusing result from trying a frag on

Isabo
Isabo

Nice fume, present green with warm notes. Good staying power.

kaoruhawaii
kaoruhawaii

Think the heat cooked it and could only smell the sharp green notes and some weird floral. Didn't work for me.

MsRachael
MsRachael

This one is a big question mark for me. I love chocolate, but I find the combination with lemon and lavender a little eccentric. I could take it or leave it, to be honest, but the thing that struck me most was the extreme reaction I got from male friends, and from my boyfriend. Negative understates it. They hated it, to a man. Whether it is only my skin that changes it, or this stuff is simply unappealing to men, I don't think I'll be investing in a bottle anytime soon.

takeasniff

Well I got a big bottle of this and didn't like it. I thought what am I going to do. I tried it several times and it grew on me. I managed to get the body lotion and I have to say that is a must because it some how makes the perfume more rounded. It settles on me really nicely and I can smell lavender and chocolate. It does sound strange but I think like Jessica Simpsons fancy nights you have to let it develop and try it several times on different days to really see if you like it. If you use the lotion it lasts all day the perfume however needs re applying.

aniston
aniston

This surprised me! It's romantic and yummy chocolatey at the same time! Long lasting too!

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

Covet to my surprise is a very nice fragrance. It's not a WOW perfume but a nice one. It is very green but at the same time the dark chocolate in this gives this green beauty some dryness. It does sparkle & I would have to give that credit to the honeysuckle?! But @ any rate, it is nice for every day wear, to an office or just a day in the park, young women & old can enjoy this & men. This last between 6-8 hours on my skin & it projects ok. For the price of this set you can not go wrong. I see no reason how you can offend someone with this particular scent.

If green valley's, honeysuckle, & dark chocolate are your thing, then you DO NOT want to miss out on this. It does it's job well for what it is. Also it is very affordable. Nice!

krissycat
krissycat

I finally ordered Covet after many fragrantica members recommended I buy it because I love gourmand perfumes. Upon spraying this one I was reminded of a fragrance I used to wear from Avon called Extraordinary. Extraordinary had a distinguishable chocolate note, covet has it too. The difference I find with these two, is that definetely covet has green notes. I haven't decided if I love this yet because the Avon perfume used to give me such a bad headache I gave it away. Covet is pleasant, but the notes are kind of strange together, green and chocolate, but its different. And I like to wear different feels of fragrances once in a while. I'm gonna keep experimenting with this one
Update: I like it :) The dry down is delicisous and my fiance likes it :)

Tsugumi_
Tsugumi_

At first I liked it because it you can used at office and in unofficial meetings and the longevity is a sufficient. But after 1 month it became boring.
I don`t find it a "green" fragrance may be becouse I find the chocolate-element of the composition very strong.

Tye kristoher
Tye kristoher

Man whenever I worked at dillards and this came out we didnt sell a SINGLE bottle of it I swear ! We couldnt even give the samples out the customers were like what is this shit!?!?

pauluch3
pauluch3

Unusual, and hard to classify. I'm not into green scents and I can't make my mind whether I like it or not, but maybe it's a good thing for a perfume. When it settles it gets creamy and soft. Good for summer, I guess. It's not too overwhelming either.
***

I had this because it was on sale when I bought it and I wasn't so sure about this scent. I liked the beginning and the bit of chocolate in that scent and thought it was nicely different. But on my skin it turned out to be very greenish and citrusy. It even had a strong metallic and grass note on me. I gave it away.

sweefa
sweefa

To me this is pure conifer bathing foam. Loud and cheap.

amber832
amber832

I bought this perfume online w/out trying it. On me first it smells very green,crisp and lemon like...after the dry down it smells like white chocolate. Its not a very bad scent, but definitely not very sophisticated either, I'm afraid it sort does have a cheap feeling to it (but for the price what else can you expect?)

Nanc
Nanc

This is definitely a green scent, I unfortunately do not get much of the chocolate on me but it is still a nice unique perfume.

Booogie
Booogie

Really well done! This can be off-putting at first, it opens really green and citrusy like wet grass that's just been cut. It develops into a warm, chocolatey floral. Definitely unique and takes awhile to figure out but I love it. Sort of reminds me of Dior Addict.

stella by starlight
stella by starlight

first time i used covet i didnt smell anything. i thought - maybe i have an olfactory "blind spot".
second time i smelled something and the third time i liked it. the lemon is very invigorating, combined with freshly harvested grass and green stuff... overall a very nice and unique summer scent.

yastii
yastii

I like different and unique scent. When I tried this on my skin, im in love with it already, elegant, sophisticated yet feminine. I can smell the dark chocolate and also very green just like the bottle. LOVE IT!

Jordan20
Jordan20

I know this fragrance has been out for quite some time now but whilst shopping today I came across its interesting bottle and that green liquid was intriguing. I've always been a fan of Sarah Jessica Parker so that was all the more reason to test this.You first get hit with a Chocolate and Lemon/Lime sort of scent, its a bit of a burst but very pleasant. Its a floral but its quite different for me, it seems gourmand in a sense, almost edible. I think thats a quality i quite like in this fragrance, it has a naturalness about it, the vetiver and amber notes are beautiful as well but for me its the chocolate and lemon note that really tie it together, that combination of florals and the small impact of the magnolia bring something different to the table. I know its a womens fragrance but I bought it anyway, i think skin chemistry plays a big role in the success of this fragrance on people. definetly worth trying.

darkbeauty

I keep finding new reasons to love this! The weather was warmer today with plenty of sunshine on the skin, making Covet take on a new personality. It's sexy!

I first bought this last fall, so I only wore it over the cooler months, but now I finally have proof that this little green vixen is a staple all year round. And I find myself craving it often. It's made my top shelf for life :o)

Beautiful, elegant, charming , and oh so unpredictable!

njyogachick
njyogachick

Covet...how I love thee. I picked this up on eBay, a blind purchase, quite cheap. I thought the bottle was cute (great topper) but was a bit turned off by the juice color...it seemed so...GREEN. The initial spritz and sniff test, oh my...the scent is powerfully GREEN! When Covet finally settled on my skin, the scent is glorious: chocolate, lemons & a hint of vetiver. The scent is so deceptively simple to my nose, but I am in love with the notes. The sillage is nice, it passed my husband's sniff test (a simple yay or nay) and I cannot stop sniffing myself.

After reading this awesome scent is discontinued (por que?), I fled back to eBay, trying to snatch up bottles. The good news: 3.4 bottles can still be had for about $20. The bad news: The SJP line will probably be cranking out new crap nothing like Covet. Sigh.

treenhe
treenhe

am with diana d on this one. i know it seems pointless writing a neg review that is just name calling but i really don't know what else to say about it. i got none of the notes listed...in fact it just made me do the crinkly nose thing. agreed, it's not another sickly, fruity 'sleb fragrance but this isn't a good alternative. it has even put me off trying her others. and actually, when i think of lemon, lavender and chocolate mixed my head just can't make sense of the flavours together.

dadulka82
dadulka82

so fresh
I was told I smell like holidays in Spain lol, beach I guess
I like it, not my usual fragrance, nice for summer

efm
efm

What an oddity !
First spray, first day ,I got a blast of sweet, synthetic nothing. Hairspray ?

However a soon as this burnt off, things improved enoumously. Am I mad or could some of the liquid have seeped up into the metal spray and become tainted - perphaps this was what I first caught?

Second day and second spray and I am quite pleased.

Covet was never going to be a commercial, crowd pleaser as it is quite unconventional - Green & chocolate with a suede drydown. Very odd.

I have ordered a second backup bottle.

Covet has already been discontinued and will end up a note in perfume history. Corperate bravery that didn't last.

PerfumePatty
PerfumePatty

Covet smells almost exactly like Jean Nate to me, but more synthetic. I wonder if SJP was trying to do an homage to Jean Nate? Lemon and geranium are the predominant notes to my nose, but again, synthetic (it irritated my nose a bit when I sniffed my wrist a few minutes after spraying). I didn't get any chocolate, and barely any lavender, but in the drydown, I did get some lily of the valley. It's a fresh, daytime scent, but it smells unnatural to me; not like a fresh green garden, as some reviewers here wrote. If you're a Jean Nate fan, give it a try.

MustangAnnie
MustangAnnie

For me, Covet is a breath of fresh air in a land of candy coated overly floralized smell-alike perfumes. Granted, the combinations of smells are uniquie but, on me, they work well and smell so nice. On initial spray, I detect the lemon, some mint, the lavendar and just a hint of chocolate. As it starts to fade away, the floral notes begin to take center stage and i strongly detect the honeysuckle, lily of the vally and the lavendar. The chocolate is still there as well. Finally, on the edge of the scent, when it has finally enveloped your skin and has created a layer, I detect the woody, earthy notes - nothing dull or manly smelling just plesant. Also i still detect notes of chocolate and the everpresent lavendar lingers. I know this sounds like it would be an awful smell but it is not. It is simple and beautiful but not for every nose. I am so glad that this works well for my skin, otherwise I would have to spray someone else and smell them. And the staying power on Covet is unreal. I spray myself at about 8:30 before I leave for work and when I am driving home at 6:00, I can still smell it, and not just a hint but the whole perfume. On a side note, I pair Covet with Bath and Body Works Country Chic lotion - the smell is killer!!!!!! Must try.

Update: Covet still smells fantastic but I have noticed that in these hotter months in Texas, it loses some of it's beauty. Perhaps I sweat it out too fast. Looks like this will be another gem that will have to wait til fall.

Jomoves

I had to have it - but only because it was on sale for $12.95AUD at my local warehouse store!

This perfume intrigues me. I loved the advertising campaign and packaging although I wasn't all that impressed with my first sniff. It seemed just a lemony sort of concoction - reminded me of the smell of the local barbershop where my father used to get his hair cut. Over time I have come to like - not love - this fragrance. And clearly I'm not the only one as it has already been discontinued.

Every now and then I take the lovely bottle out of the box and have a squirt. The very green scent falls away leaving a lavender smell in its wake with a lemony and chocolate tinge. I love the initial burst of green, but then it just becomes like a light mens' citrus cologne.

I try to love it. I really do. But then it goes back in the box until I get I get the urge again.

I guess this perfume is like a relationship that I knew wasn't right. I'd remember the good parts, want to experience it all again, then when I did, I'd remember why it wasn't for me in the first place.

to update my previous review, i have to change my mind and say i really love this perfume. maybe because its spring now and this is such a beautiful green and floral scent. but, i'm really enjoying this scent a lot more than when i wore it in the winter. it is unique and different which i love because that is the kind of person i am. it works well on my skin and lasting power is good, about 3-5 hours.
as i said before the chocolate really stands out and i'm loving it.

diana_d
diana_d

Yes there's no other perfume like it out there, and maybe it's better this way...I give it credit for being unique in the not so original world of celebrity perfumes, but it smells bad, why would I wanna smell like that, better no perfume, than this perfume.

PerfumeMonster
PerfumeMonster

Covet is one of the most unique parfums I've ever used and possibly the most unique perfume in my collection...for this reason alone Covet is special to me. Just reading the notes you know Covet is not the ordinary, run-o-the-mill fragrance.

When I sniff my wrists I'm reminded of a spicy but
fresh peppermint patty thanks to the geranium leaves, dark chocolate, and tart lemon top. I'm also confronted with a gentle and relaxing lavender breeze that feels very feminine and slightly sweet. All these gorgeous top notes remain with me throughout it's transition. A long-lasting transition with excellent silage.

Later in I notice green, not fieldy green but fresh leafy green swirling with sweet magnolia and only a hint of wood and musk. It's a rare perfume in which I smell all or most notes carried together until their last breath. Somehow covet manages to be fresh, elegant, green, dark, spicy and gourmand simultaneously which is no simple task.

Covet is a beautiful woman at mansion ballroom dressed in her finest tresses. Stepping out onto the balcony at midnight overlooking an expansive, well-groomed garden. Wishing this elegance and sophistication was hers, coveting it.

9/10 for this amazing year round gem with a gorgeous bottle.

Sheridan
Sheridan

I have had this since late last fall and it's one of my favorites, but have never been able to put my finger on exactly "why" I have grown to love it as I do. The lemon I pick up, but to me it's not predominant, and the chocolate everyone talks about eludes me.

But several days ago as I was looking at pictures of my garden at the home I lived 15 years ago, a lightbulb went off: Covet smells so much like it did when I would sit on my covered porch in late spring/early summer and watched as a gentle rain fell on my magnolias and on the patch of lavendar growing by the honeysuckle-covered fence. On the other side of the porch was a healthy stand of lily of the valley, the blooms mostly gone by then, but still noticeable. All of their individual scents blended into a wonderful wet, lush fragrance that I would take in with deep breaths. I loved sitting out there on the porch in the rain.

Covet takes me back to that garden, the dampness from the rain and the smell of the ground being watered, and lush with lovely flowers. *love*

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

I had heard so much about this perfume so naturally, I was super excited when I finally got a chance to try it.

First of all, what's with the colour? First impressions... hmmmm I am not against green per se but this is less than inviting. Nevermind, I was willing to move on and get over it.

So I spray the fumes on my wrist and the first sniff is acutally far from pleasant. It is interesting though but not in a good way. I sprayed 2 other perfumes on my skin and walked away. Just over an hour later I sniffed Covet again - there was an ever so slight trace of chocolate, pleasant enough but not strong enough. Another hour gone and the scent had completely disappeared. As you can imagine I won't be buying this one.

Update: Ok, so curiosity won the better part of me and I had to try this again. As always, I discovered something that had excaped me the first time around - Covet actually is very similar to L by Lolita Lempicka! Lemon-vanilla cake is what comes to mind.

ThunderB
ThunderB

Wonderful perfume. I like their "lemonade" top, soft lavender and disclosure into beautiful soft floral scent.
Excellent trail, a bit similar to Givenchy Amarige

passionata20
passionata20

I don´t get it! I tried it sooo many times but i can´t feel anything!!! It is just like spraying yourself with lightly sweetened water! It is simply scent without scent for me! I smell it out of the bottle, but on my skin it simply dissapears.
I gave away the bottle to my mom and it actually suits her very well. Finally i can smell the fragrance. It is very green. I thought it must be more vanilla like, but it is really green, with a light hint of burned grass or leaves. Something burned in it, i can clearly detect it.
Well, must be the chemistry thing i guess.

aelias
aelias

I stayed away from this one after trying repeatedly to like Lovely, to no avail. Covet is so surprisingly beautiful - not too light, not too heavy, and one of the best floral greens out there without being too grassy or woodsy.

MissH
MissH

I knew Covet was a far cry from the Oriental family I adore but I thought maybe one of my many personalities might have an occasion requiring something a little lighter, flirty and pretty. I guess they didn't!

It's just ok. Nothing to me really makes this fragrance stand out in any way. It smells like many that have come and gone. It's a very safe, clean, fresh, citrus scent with a breeze of mint, maybe better suited as a salad dressing. The darker base of musk & amber never surfaced & I was left waiting for more.

It definitely won't offend but it won't leave a lasting impression either.

Hopeless Romantic
Hopeless Romantic

They say what you pay for is what you get, and this applies to me with Covet. Pleasant enough smell but I have been constantly re-spraying it just to maintain even a slight fragrance. Very disappointing.

Kiku
Kiku

This was a blind buy for me and I'm not entirely happy with it. Covet has the most unusual collection of notes: lemon(more like lemonade), lavender, geranium, and mint. Chocolate comes in at the drydown. I find the mint jarring and the lemonadey scent too sweet and overbearing. Overall, there is something unpleasant about this one to me. But if you like a perfume that turns heads, this is the one. And the sillage and lasting power are monster.

tubita
tubita

This cannot be one the favourite one at all ..But i liked it..its a flowery scent but after a while it turns abit choc smell..staying power max.4 hours on my skin..Good for summer but weak for winter..I wont rebuy..

lafefe
lafefe

All I can smell after the initial lemon is lavender, lavender and lavender, it becomes quite boring on my skin, but it's wonderful on my sheets, very creamy (although I don't smell chocolate in any case). It's not easy to wear for me although I admit it's an unusual fragrance and for this reason I appreciate who created it.

possumke
possumke

First impression was, wow, I like this.... I put it on my wish list, bought it, wore it once, and from then on it started to irritate me.... suddenly the notes seemed all muddied and wrong to me. Needless to say that I gave it away... Now, whenever I think of it, it turns my stomach!

bungeejumpingme
bungeejumpingme

There is something about this fragrance that makes it oily and plasticy. It makes me think of something dirty, damp, not at all neat, sweaty, and all those manly behaviors that I think I understand why she said this fragrance to be unisex.Unfortunately this certainly is not the image I would like me to be depicted by a fragrance.

Sillage n longevity are terribly good. It sucks because I have to constantly smell n get headache of it, but since it goes everywhere around the room for quite a long time, everybody can smell it, too. And God knows why people around me love it so much. N though it's all compliments I received, I can't stand Covet.

End up in giving it to my friend. She is the kind of girl to use denims to office, with flat shoes and bareface. She loves it n she wears it everyday. Ah well :)

nshyng
nshyng

Great blind buy for me..I love it! The most noticeable scents are the lemon, chocolate and hint of lavender. Sillage: boy does it have it...scent last on my skin up to 12 hours. Glad I bought it...

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's perfume." Well bless me father for I have sinned, and I need a bottle of this now!

Perfectly faceted green and fire colored topaz stones, spilling out on a lush chocolate velvet carpet, is what I visualize when I wear this.

The opening notes give this perfume a clean and luminous, yet earthy and warm dimension. This then leads into a creamy floral accord that hangs onto the crisp lavender and gourmand chocolate in the beginning.

I love this combination of flowers in the heart as opposed to white blossoms which usually are overwhelmingly amplified on my skin.

The liquid silk drydown is so alluring too with the perfect balance of amber, woods and musk that embrace a little of each of the top and heart notes--almost like a warm, mossy forest abundant with delicately sweet blossoms.

Intriguing, inviting, sensual. Easily a favorite for the quietly independent and confident woman who doesn't need to scream out loud about her sexuality.

Matin
Matin

On my covet it is a soft and comfortable perfume, with a special aroma. His floral awakening with aroma since to geranium smoothed by the freshness of the lemon it turns out to be to me hot and serene, very Mediterranean, on a moderate and deep cap of more exotic flowers and oriental wood.

Definitively it looks like to me an elegant and personal perfume. That sure will find his seguidoras, though it is not my perfume.

Vamy69
Vamy69

This perfume has a very unique smell unlike anything else I have ever tried. The opening is very green but once it settles on my skin I get a very warm fresh chocolately lovely scent. I absolutely love this perfume and my only real complaint is that I wish it was stronger and lasted longer but I can remedy that by respraying every few hours if need be.

panda0410
panda0410

Tested once and was violently ill. Tested twice and fell in love! I've said it before and I'll say it again - make sure the testers you are using are not expired...!! Testers on shelves are generally not well cared for and often go rancid... clearly the tester I used in the first instance was!

The first thing I note is a lovely warm chocolate, its deep and dark and prob one of the nicest I have smelled. Followed shortly by pelagorium leaf... my grandmother grew that for years in her garden, a sweet, slightly florally~lemon scented leaf that when you rub between your hands leaves a delightful floral (almost geranium like)/lemony but not foody smell.. its really pretty! There is a top whiff of clear crisp lemon, but the pelagorium leaf is most prominent. There is definitely a whisper of lavender in the top, that IMO could have been a little bit more obvious, but its lovely just the same and prob keeps some of the enchantment with this perfumes top notes.

Floral heart - someone described this perfectly - like imps skipping through a cool green forest garden, filtered sunlight, the floral heart is small, but enchanting, and green - the magnolia keeps it smooth, honeysuckle makes it rich, but the lily of the valley keeps it cool and green and fresh. LOTV isnt one of my favourite notes, but in this perfume is utterly divine.

Theres not much of a base to this IMHO.. I can detect the cashmere, slightly musk, just a tad earthy or smoky which is probably the vetiver. The cahsmere is prob what I discern the most.

It makes a really nice change from base heavy orientals and I'll have to be honest and admit that this little frag does NOT fit my overall perfume preference base and looks pretty odd in my collection...LOL!! I think we tend to associate "green" perfumes as always being crisp, but theres a gourmand element in this as well, and I'm really just loving the contrast, a harmonius balance between the two in this frag, so very well done. I'd also like to reiterate a few comments below, highly agree that if this were bottled and labelled by a niche company it might have been very well accepted by the consumer market.

Only complaint is wear time - not great, a couple of hours maybe...

I'm loving this atm, perfect for winter, autumn or spring, cool rainy days in the summer as well. Bottle and prob backup worthy considering its Dcd status.

very green, very strong. chocolate and mint definitely come thru to me. i dont love it, but i do like it. a great day scent for winter spring and fall. i love the bottle.

MMC

Estou usando O fRIENDS MOCHINO e coloco o Covet por cima fica perfeito por que o Covet não fica tão doce e o friends não fica tão citrico e aumenta a fixação do covet que não é tão boa.

After reading all of these conflicting reviews, I just HAD to find out for myself. At first spritz, this reminded me of Bvlgari Omnia because it smelled like water. A couple minutes later, a lovely fragrance wafted through the air and up to my nose. Could it be Covet? I sniffed my wrist and was taken by the scent of those yummy mint chocolates with the candy shell. I could detect all of the top notes.

Fifteen minutes later, I could smell lily blended with chocolate. About 10 years ago I was at a flower shop that sold chocolate scented flowers. I haven't seen those flowers since, but the heart of this perfume captures the scent almost perfectly.

While this fragrance isn't my favorite, it's hard to imagine that anyone could think it was disgusting or repulsive.

...And seriously, couldn't they come up with a more attractive bottle? This thing reminds me of a venus fly trap.

Fashionkid123
Fashionkid123

like most people here, when I used Covet for the first time I thought it was over powering. I think its the many different top notes that can overwhelm the nose at first sniff. I applied it the next day before classes and spread the spritz over my hoodie and neck...I loved how the oils from my moisturizer fused with the top/heart/base notes in Covet, and the smell changed throughout the day. By the time the day came to an end the Amber, Musk, and Cashmere Wood details took over, Covet is amazing. I love a fragrance with BOLD personality.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I totally agree with Cevizlia that Covet is an incredibly awful perfume, and I'm absolutely staggered that so many women here seem to love it!

I bought a bottle of Covet as a blind buy because of the rave reviews about it and the price was great. However, this is one of those perfumes where you definitely get what you pay for. In this instance, the perfume sucks!

I had a sinking feeling when I saw the olive green color of the bottle and, sure enough, when I sprayed it on me I was overcome by a horrible sickly, cloying smell which actually made me feel queasy. I'm not sure if it was the chocolate but whatever it was it was vile! It's a very weird smelling perfume and I couldn't make out any individual notes in it - it's just a horrible mishmash of ingredients which, to me, just don't work at all. I tried to give it a chance but could only last about 10 minutes before I had to rush to wash it off. It actually took awhile for my queasiness from this horrible perfume to pass!

If it's true that Covet has been discontinued then I can absolutely see why. It's not a good perfume, to say the least.

Covet would get a big fat 0 out of 5 stars from me!

icekat
icekat

(This review is for Eau de Perfume)

There are perfumes that capture me from the first sniff. COVET is one of them. It is quite unique and judged by reviews it is not for every taste but with me it is definitely love from the first sniff. It is green and fresh but at the same time it is smooth like velvet. It is not gourmand but the hint of dark chocolate adds exquisite slightly sweet touch. The flowers are subtle but gentle and fresh.

I think the development of this scent hugely depends on the skin chemistry as even with my skin the results vary. One thing for sure, you need to test it on the skin, not on the test paper. It is much sharper and strong on the paper with notes a bit unbalanced. The skin chemistry seems to reveal the harmonious and beautiful smooth texture and more chocolate.

COVET starts fresh and light with lemon and green accent. In a few minutes, it transforms on my skin into very smooth and soft scent with lavender dark chocolate. There is a chocolate note but it is not overly sweet. The scent is close to the skin but it is heavenly at this stage. Then the green floral heart emerges. I get mostly honeysuckle with light traces of magnolia. At times it gets a bit soapy while other times it remains green floral. The dry down first starts with gentle musk and dark chocolate notes but after hours it actually transforms into very light and subtle woods.

This scent is all about nuances and subtle notes. It does not have a loud personality. It is like a beautiful classical music piece played by a young talented piano player in the middle of the green meadow field. I have been testing niche perfumes recently and in my humble opinion this composition seems to fit more to something that I would expect from a niche perfume house not mass market inexpensive production. I wish that the scent would be a little bit stronger. The longevity was around 8 hours but it is very much skin scent on me. I would recommend it if you like green floral scents with the gentle personality. You might hate it or you might completely fall in love with it like I did. One thing for sure, until you try it, you would not know. I am so glad I gave this perfume a chance.

marcela86
marcela86

I didn't like it at the beginning, but now i truly love it! All i feel it's chocolate and lemon with just a hint of flowers, but it's perfect for me. Very simple, but so sexy, elegant and classy in the same time.

Lilyrose
Lilyrose

I really like the other sjp fragrance lovely, so I had to have this one. What a disappointment. All I smell is chocolate, sometimes even makes me nauseous. Still like the bottle though....

ednafrau
ednafrau

joy, thy name is covet! this perfume is like nothing else...i don't know what it is, but this peculiar green mix of lemon, lavender and chocolate truly brings me happiness! out of my 35 fragrances, when i'm kind of blue this is the one i turn to and it never fails to cheer me up immediately :) how this scent could be a "failure" is as big a mystery to me as the wonder of its effect...i suggest to try it and approach it with an open attitude. if this were niche instead of sarah jessica parker, i have no doubt it would've been a hit. surrender to its singularity, as i did, or at least give it a chance before discarding this magical perfume due to prejudice! thank you, frank völkl and ann gottlieb, as well as SJP, for this unique and blissful creation :)

adele l
adele l

Tried this one at the drugstore where it's 25 dollars! Covet is not mundane in any way and really morphs throughout its development, which sets it apart. The opening wasn't so hot as I don't wear citrus well but it quickly changed into a very sweet, gourmand floral(mostly honeysuckle). It reminds me at this stage of something more expensive; sillage is good. Seems youthful and girly and dries down very soft..it's a happy scent!

Sassy1
Sassy1

I'm updating my review as after wearing this for awhile I find I'm really on the fence. My initial impression was strong lemongrass and nothing else...not a fan.
In trying to tone down the lemon, I started wearing it with a little lilac oil, which smelled really good. This also seemed to bring the chocolate out of hiding.
But overall on it's own, I still find it a little overbearing,brash and way too pushy to wear out of the house.

stacyrenee
stacyrenee

Starts as a sparking green floral, then turns into a salty chocolate pretzel for the mid stage. During the final stage the salty pretzel dissappears to reveal a powdery mocha scent that is quite enjoyable. But it dissappears after about 4 hours, and I cant smell it anymore- not sure if anyone else can. I wish it lasted longer, and less of that saltyness. But all in all, its a great juice for the price.

MMC

Eu gosto do covet,ele começa um pouco forte mas depois fica mais suave e por fim sinto o chocolate e o musk.A fixação não é muito boa na minha pele(3 hs) mas coloco na roupa e ele fixa um pouco mais.Na minha opinião é um perfume para ser usado no dia dia não para ocasiões especias.Mas é um bom perfume.

lyndsey12
lyndsey12

I bought this unsniffed on sale and have tried it today... wow!! I love it I detect the lemon and lavendar in the top notes and later the honeysuckle.. will definitely be getting a back up bottle of this!

judeaqua

Update : Hey girls, I guess I was wrong about the sillage. I just realised Covet is so intensive, that my nose had been too full of its fumes all the while for me to notice the sillage. Yes, when I re-visited the place I had briefly been to, I was greeted by the Chocolate. Pleasant surprise. :)

judeaqua

I went out and bought this one yesterday after I had carried home a lot of other scents on paper strips the day before. This was the only scent i loved the most on the paper strip as it smelt different from the rest, crisp, green, lemon-grass like and I almost felt my jaws craving to take a crisp bite of this green juicy somewhat-gourmand. I had the feeling this would be long-lasting with a huge sillage.. (although parallelly, I can understand what some mean when they say anti-mosquito coil with citronella & lavendar, that emit the same fumes at bedtime).
Now I have on me and my mom, 4 - 5 spritzes of Covet, but am wondering if it has any sillage. Cannot smell it.. neither on me nor on my mom. Long-lasting maybe but no sillage as yet :-( But yes, when i go close to the wrist, it smells green and relaxing unlike many of the others.

djlanceley
djlanceley

WOW what a fragrance! I bought a 50ml bottle for myself and now I feel like I'm hooked!! The scent is unlike any other fragrance I have owned, I tend to prefer floral and light scents but this is heavy and green. I can smell the chocolate straight away, and if I close my eyes I feel like I'm transported to the middle of a forest on a wet day (in a good way). The dry down is lighter, more citrusy. I wear this on a night, as I feel its a little severe for work, but a beautiful different perfume nevertheless.

darkbeauty

I finally got my blind buy in the mail... I was so excited after much anticipation. And I have to say it's WAY different than anything I'm used to wearing. It's definitely complex and I still haven't made up my mind about it.

The opening I love! It's fresh and clean like Spring. I'm just sad that I do not get a lot of, or any, of the chocolate.

The middle notes and the heart I hate, and unfortunately, it lingers way too long :o( The perfume could have almost don't without the magnolia, honeysuckle and the lily of the valley.

But the drydown is excellent! Soft& powdery with musk. I have to agree with Tagledvines comment that said it kind of reminds her of Curve Crush, which I also own. In that sense I do like it.

Overall, If I can just tolerate the heart until the drydown, I'd be quite happy with it! I'll hold on to it and try to broaden my horizons with this one because I really do want to stop being such a snob to any fragrance that isn't in my Oriental comfort zone.

Update:

Day 2- either my nose is getting used to it, or my chemistry just decided to LOVE it and give me more chocolate! What a turn-a-round... this scent has some serious mood swings!

I got it to warm up sooner and get past the heart faster by spraying it on my wrist and rubbing them together. Friction seems to be the trick! The chocolate comes out more that way.

12/25/10
This is now my new LOVE! I never want to be without it in my wardrobe. I now have a total of 5.4 oz on back up, and looking to collect many more. It's definitely the most unique scent I own! One of a kind.

I know I complained before about the middle. I humbly take it back! I love every stage and am thankful that my nose can now appreciate the entire composition. It takes a few tries to understand it's language. Now I get a harmony of citrus, lavender, florals and yummy dark chocolate. Delightful!

TillyWave
TillyWave

I'm not too interested in celeb fragrances. I don't even remember how I found out about this one. I wanted to try it because of the disparity in reviews, and the assertion that this is not a feminine scent.

To start, yeah, the bottle is kind of pretty in a fire hydrant kind of way, but really the juice is the color of pee. I have some fragrances that are yellow, or wheat colored, but the color of the juice is just repugnant.

The fragrance, though, really is wonderful. The scent opens very lemony, but disappears almost before the liquid has evaporated from the skin. Then the lavendar and geranium leaves stay around for quite awhile. The chocolate here is used fantastically. It is not a gourmand chocolate, but it gives the perfume a nice rounded edge that makes you want to inhale. This is the heart that lasts for awhile, before it dries to a wooded, slightly musky base. A bonus is that this is truly unique, and unlike anything else I have.

I really love this an I'm not surprised that it was discontinued. This type of fragrance needs time to develop a following, a fanbase, and if you just smelled the cap in the department store, you will have no idea what the stuff actually smells like. I have to give her credit for putting something like this out, something slightly difficult.

It's too bad it's discontinued, and I'll say now that I probably won't investigate any other SJP perfumes. Lovely turns into bugspray on me, and the series she just put out just sounds boring.

imperfect-angel
imperfect-angel

it's a weird scent, open with very sharp green not that put me off me for a while then turn out to be musky floral. ERRR...it really is a weird scent but still smell nice, not so girly. i'm sure it can be worn by men too.

xyelox
xyelox

nice wear for warm evening
at first, the green notes n lemon smell artificial
but after few minutes it turns out to be of atmosphere of warm, moist forest with lots of moss. at least that's what i think! but i like it anyway, this scent is very flexible, day nite rainy hot u name it, anytime anywhere!

Harajuku Love
Harajuku Love

Very surprising! Well done!

OneScent
OneScent

Right when you spray it, the green notes stand out the most, then I can detect the lemon.

The dry down is the best part. Though it is listed in the top notes, the dark chocolate stands out the most once the green notes settle down.

Then it's pure dark chocolate with some lavender.

Very nice fragrance.

Ladysong
Ladysong

This is an odd one for me. I don't mind the smell myself, but the reaction I got when I wore a sample of it speaks for itself - my boyfriend, father, brother and a male friend all commented on the fact that it smelled very artificial and strange. Whether it smells repellent to men, or it just smells bad on ME, who wants a perfume that all the guys in your life hate?

I still think this is quite an interesting matter concerning this perfume. This is a typical 3D- perfume as I call them. 3D means for me: modern, here and everywhere, soft but strong and constructed in a way they only can in modern times. Other typical 3D fragrances to me are: Palazzo, Flowerbomb, Vera Wang Princess, Yves Rocher So Elixer. So this one belongs to that family. You can say this is a very luxurious perfume. Always love at 2nd sight in my case, just as I had with the other ones mentoined (Palazzo and Princess). My typical reaction is, no I don't understand it...
And later, I ADORE it!

This is for refined ladies, goes on every ocassion, powerful sillage and staying power and now the nicest part, VERY cheap!!

Tane4ka
Tane4ka

I'm wearing it today and I must say it's a lovely and pleasant frgrance. It opens green/lemony but not harsh or very citrusy. The fragrance is very well blended. I probably can detect chocolate with lemon which isn't sweet to me (perfect) and is very nice combitanion and blends well in this fragrance. I also find it more musky in colder weather but I think it's suitable for any season. The sillage is good and lasting power isn't bad too. I have it on since morning and still can catch a whiff of it, but I think it is good enough for the price you get it. I do find it unique and worth a place in my collection. To me this a nice every day/work/any season scent. I think this one is a good one to try and see if it will work for you.

la_beba
la_beba

i will love this if it does not have the green note in it..it sweet but the green note bother me & give me headache sometime...

i can smell the lemon & chocolate...sweet...i can only wear on cold weather/at night time only...it will be too heavy to use at daytime...love the bottle that is why it is still in my collection..

swedeangel

Try closing your eyes and imagine yourself in a forrest. Damp,foggy ,very fougure .The sun shines through the leafs on the old old trees and you walk on the soil full of geraniumleafs.. its green its woody .. and then in the forrest you come across a basket full of newly sqeesed lemons and newly picked delicate sweet flowers.. That all lingers togehter in the most fabulous scent ever!

nyoka

This opens with a fresh lemon chocklately beginning that floats in and out the whole time with a sweet honeysuckle base.the dry down is very lovely.u can smell the teak wood throughout. ilove this fume alone but,my fav is to put a few sprays over my other fumes to give them this lovely woody dry down.it expands ur selection by giving them a woody scent,not overpowering!

mocha43
mocha43

I really like this fragrance. On me, it starts as an aromatic, reminding me of Avon's Abisynthe. To me, there is an anise note, but there is no anise listed, so I think the woody notes combined with the pelargonium leaf (what is that?) accounts for the aromatic scent. Then the floral notes soften this scent and the delicious chocolate scent come into play. It is lucious and long lasting on me. It smells absolutely natural with no synthetic smell, to my nose. It is on my like, almost love list. And it is relatively inexpensive. I love the bottle, also, and the green juice is perfectly named, Covet.

Xandria
Xandria

got this bottle. covet smells amazing! i got many compliments everytime i ware this scent. lasting power is wicked after 4 spray. the scent is not sexy but delicate, lady-like and soft :)

evelyn.www
evelyn.www

Tested on a card:
It's strange. The notes don't match very well, some of them are interesting and others not so much, some say A and others say X... But it isn't unpleasant, is the only from SJP that have my empathy. It starts light green, then comes the white chocolate, very light and nothing too sweet. However what I dislike is the powdery base and there's sth, one single note that may appear a little synthetical, though is wearable.

hantafromsanta
hantafromsanta

My god how I love this stuff.. It really is on me a crisp, very green and woody fragrance
with s good amount of sweet, dry chocolate notes.
It totally doesn't sound like something that I'd find appealing, but in a weird and unique way it works together extremely well I find and I love it.

The sillage and longevity are great, with two sprays in the morning I could still smell it around me after 12 hrs!
I can also see this working for a very wide range of age and occasions, and pretty much all year round..
well if you like it, I could imagine a lot of people to find it too green and weird, it might be a love or hate, or both at the same time.
So I strongly recommend try before you spend too much!

To me it's an extremely adorable and interesting weirdo! I'm very impressed,
and it makes me feel the irrational urge to push my face onto that bottle, bath in it and buy half a dozen of back-ups... which I won't give in to, lol.

fanciful
fanciful

This is a weird one! First I hated it, then it started to intrigue me and now... I'm actually liking it! (I wonder if someday I'll even love it.)

My favourite SJP fragrances are Lovely and Dawn, and I must say that Covet is totally different from those!

The opening is quite sharp, I get the scent of freshly cut grass and lemon, mixed with some sweetness. When the fragrance settles, beautiful florals start to come through. The sweetness transforms into dark chocolatey scent that lasts quite long with the florals (quite a strange combination, but surprisingly it works). In the end the chocolate fades and the fragrance settles as a soft yet fresh - almost powdery - scent.

You'll have to give this one time to develop!

DarkMindLightHeart
DarkMindLightHeart

I don't like this one, it has a medicinal, chemical undertone.
Like grass, leaf juice, and toilet cleaner with a dash of cold medicine.

seaghostdusk
seaghostdusk

All I smell is musk;you would think that with the heavy scent of this,it would be strong,but it is not overpowering. I think it would work best on skin that is more on the dry side. I have oily skin and musky type fragrances don't smell that great on me.

janudy
janudy

The notes intrigues me--either it would be a total fail or completely awesome, luckily I really liked it. On me, this is predominantly lemon, lavender, and dark bitter chocolate. It's not sweet, but it's still a comforting, calming scent that lasts a LONG time. You can also sweat like a pig and this perfume won't turn sour like some do.

Like so many other reviewers, I find myself highly confused by SJP COVET. The last time I wore it, I added it to my list of "dislikes"--it just seemed yucky and ill-conceived. Today it seems like a whole new, complex and even appealing fragrance.

There's no question that the notes are a bizarre lot: chocolate, lavender, magnolia, lemon--you name it, it's in there. Today COVET smells to me like not a floral green but a subtle bittersweet chocolate gourmand (I completely agree with Action--today!).

As others seem to be just as ambivalent about this fragrance, my best guess is that the dominance of certain notes is a function of not only skin chemistry but also humidity and temperature.

Although COVET certainly has its moments, its very erratic personality may explain its failure in the market--I am assuming that there is a reason why they're giving this stuff away...

The bottle itself, by the way, is beautiful and doubles, as others have observed, as a highly efficient means of self-defense. Just leave it within arm's reach on your bedside table, and you'll be safe from any nocturnal intruder! I also LOVE the peridot color of the liquid, which I've never encountered before in the world of perfume... All things considered, I'm glad to have a bottle...today...or, perhaps I should say, now!

Jordan19
Jordan19

I might sound fussy but the Green liquid of the fragrance looks disgusting to me, but after smelling Covet on my mum when she came home from work I decided to give it a try. It smells wonderful, i definetly pick up a limey-chocolatey smell that really made me smile. I love the green vibe i get from this but its not annoyingly green- if that makes sense. Lasted all night on me. Good work Sjp!

blueberry
blueberry

A really nice one. I detect chocolate, lemon and magnolia. Wearing Covet makes me optimistic and full of positive energy. I only wish the lasting power was better.

karlee79
karlee79

does the name not say it all? COVET???? i am going to run down a nd buy me a bottle asap. This was at first too green and sharp for me but the longer I wore it the creamier and more gourmand it became. Such a beautiful scent. Very clean modern and sexy all in one.

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

I like this but it's just a little too green. I think that's why I found it on a discount table. It looks very green in the bottle and that's exactly what you get.

rockabette
rockabette

I have been wearing this now ever since it came out. I love it but have found after a couple of years wearing it that you do out grow the scent. I have also had Covet Pure Bloom that in my opinion is overpowering. This is not overpowering and it is perfect for every day wear, especially at work when you dont want to wear anything over powering.

Definitely my signature scent but since today I am trying out Anna Sui ... Flight of Fancy.

Manya
Manya

I am in love with this fragrance!

The marriage of crispy, juicy citrus, magnolia and chocolate reminds me of the composition of L'instant by Guerlain. Both fragrances have the same effect on me, where I can't stop sniffing my wrists and deciding on how to categorize this mystery.

It opens with juicy green notes, which, if I didn't know were lemon and lavender, I would only describe as "wild mountain herbs that have been trampled upon by dancing driads". Poetic, right? Well, that's how it smells! (I see someone else mentioned wood nymphs in a previous comment - must be true then!)

The heart is a creamy, soft white magnolia flower which lingers for hours on my skin, leaving a woody, musky, slightly sweet drydown.

It is a sensual and feminine fragrance, yet somehow happy and hm perky, radiant with joy! Wearing it feels like wearing a pretty new dress for the first time. And I intend to feel that way every day this summer - who cares about seasons ;)

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

Covet is all-round perfect for me. From the top: lavender + chocolete; to the middle: magnolia + lily of the valley; to the base: amber + woods, I enjoy it throughout its entire life.

It's such a unique one that I haven't found anything similar in the market, and it does smell expensive though the price is quite reasonable. Appropriate for winter and fall. P.S. The bottle is divine and well crafted.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Covet truly deserves a space on your toilette dresser.
It is light, but not sheer. It is slightly sweet but not cloying. It is a great mixture of lemony notes with florals and a touch of chocolate which is not dominant, you can just smell it every now and then in the background.
It is a great summer fragrance, fresh and very feminine.
Lasting power and sillage is great when sprayed 2 or 3 times in 5 minutes intervals!
Well worth trying as unlike numerous 'celebrity' fragrances, Covet is a great fragrance with a mixture of complex, well balanced notes for ladies of different ages and lifestyles.

Update - the middle notes remind me of Fleur Defendue by Lempicka. They have that lovely green twist I never thought I'd like!
Brilliant!

nyoka

nice green,refreshing opening.then theres the flowers that slip in and tap u on the shoulder.wear for a long time and feels like every now and then like u r sipping a cup of chocolate.stays warm yet cool at the same time.warms up with exotic woods and musk in the drydown.a great fume for anywhere,anytime.

lialuvhatetragedy
lialuvhatetragedy

On my skin all that i can smell is the endless sweetness and i cant point out any particular notes listed. i'm kinda disappointed with it as many of u here describes it as crisp n green. luckily i've tried it first b4 purchasing. Honestly,this is not my type so i wont b buying it.

Ouch!
Ouch!

I find this perfume to be too astringent and it burns my nose a little bit, it's overkill on the sharp lemon/citrus and not enough of the other notes...

I can smell the chocolate, only somtimes though and it only "ever so slightly" softens the perfume.

It may sound weird but this scent just smells..."Perfumey" to me..perfumey with alot of lemon.

Would be ok in summer to feel a bit fresh but, my nose just doesn't like this very much.

Sissi
Sissi

to most people it's a touch and go
kind of fragrance endorsed by a celebrity strange ingredients blah blah
blah' but to me it's more then that.
it's uniqness really made me fell in love with this the begining we start off
with a mixture of lavender and lemon
and a wisp of chocolate and i can pick up spearment. the drydown to me vetiver
and kashmir i don't notice amber but the musk i can smell.

i love the emerald green color of this
bottle all i got is a decant sample
not a 1.7 oz bottle if i go to a department or a drugstore or browse to web i'll deffinly buy it.

lovescents
lovescents

There are a lot of smell a likes but this is unlike any other on the market. My take is that it is green, sweet, fresh smelling. Good for anytime of the year. I really like it

c3c
c3c

I can't make up my mind about Covet. Part of me likes it, part of me says "eeeew!" Very strange. Chemical, herbal, a bit sweet, a bit floral. I think possibly it's the lavender blended with the other notes that gives it an off feeling to me. The lavender is a harsher dry version. The chocolate, a bitter dark one.

I like the opening and middle, not as crazy about the dry down when the woody notes kick in giving it an even more medicinal feel. It's light but heavy, a "thick" green scent. I should swap my mini but I can't bring myself to do it. Mixed fascination. I can't see myself wearing it out but I do wear it around the house sometimes. Confusing review? That's how Covet effects my olfactory system.

Are people finding this one really green? To me it is a soft gourmand, the chocolate is quite domineering. All the other notes seem to have been added to calm the chocolate down. I think it is a wonderful perfume, great bottle too! And of course FANTASTIC price!!

milena
milena

Yesterday I bought this perfume at a very reasonable affordable price.It is a alluring green and sweet scent.Lasting power great it agrees with my skin chemistry.Very sexy and has a chocolate floral smell.The bottle is divine.

romanovaoa
romanovaoa

Целый день носила на себе, принюхивалась, оценивала Covet.. Приятный, но не моё!

knics33
knics33

The thing about Covet that makes it so alluring, interesting, and addicting are that several of the notes are SO opposite from each other- Lavender, chocolate, lemon, magnolia...

The final composition is an interesting/weird green, slightly floral gourmand... and I really like it.

I commend SJP on her second perfume, but I am not surprised that it didn't do too well in the mass market/department stores.

Covet is a perfume that- while it is beautiful- is not a fragrance that is marketable to the regular consumer. Oh well... just works out better for me :) Every fragrance lover should at least give Covet a try. I don't think you will regret it.

CherryLou
CherryLou

I find Covet more lovely and fun than Lovely itself.

The initial smell is a bit disturbing with cashmirewood and chocolate and florals ALL mixed together but wait for 5 minutes and it has turned out to be really beautiful scent on your skin: FRESH and clean, greenish mmm...

It starts to warm up little by little with the hint of not too sweet chocolate emerging. Soft and not too strong. Staying power is quite weak unfortunately, othervice really nice!!

Halvah
Halvah

I was very courious on this perfume when I read so different reviews here. Finally i got it. This is just beautiful with great staying power.
Top notes are bold citrusy greens, it actaully smells like green leaves, very unusual and nice for a celebrity fragrance. Lavander is my favourite herb so I'm very glad that its calming, fresh and unisex note is also detecable. The chocolate is not really in-yor-face in my opinion, it's just tehre to make the composition rounder, and give some depth and adventure to it:)
I also love the pretty heart of this perfume and the soft, woody, very longlasting base, too, but unfortunatelly we get quite quickly to this point. Anyway, it's really great, maybe the most well-done celebrity frag as far as i know them. Many of the high-priced designer house perfumes are not as good as this one.

KalteStern
KalteStern

I am not really a big fan of SJP, and even less of her most famous character (shallow, materialistic, self-absorbed, self indulgent Carrie Bradshaw) but I have to applaud this as a celebrity fragrance that is much braver than most, although it would appear to have been a commercial failure as it is heavily discounted almost everywhere.
This is very green indeed, so much so that it could be worn by an eco-warrior in hand knitted wooolies and wellington boots standing in her greenhouse or poly-tunnel. The leafy note is very dominant, and is earthy green rather than fresh green. As someone who is not overfond of the cloying sugary notes of many perfumes aimed at young women, I welcome the fact that this avoids piercing or cloying notes, which makes if very suitable for daytime wear.
A pity that it is likely to disappear from the market all too soon, I suspect

ananda
ananda

Weird! This one smells very weird on my skin. Smells like chocolate melted on a piece of carton. There are some nice floral notes, mostly magnolia, I guess, but all wraped in this weird carton-chocolate note. Overall I found it a weird concotion, a bit synthetic-smelling, with no lasting power. The very last moment of the dry down is really nice and the bottle is so pretty, but it's definitely a no in my opinion!

Anna_gr
Anna_gr

This fragrance is truly wonderful!
I can smell lemon and Lavender. It's very light, green and perfect for day ware. I keep sniffing my wrist while working – getting some strange looks :)
The only problem is that on me it doesn't last, but I think it's my skin that "swallows" the fragrance, it happens to me with lots of perfumes…..

AcePilot
AcePilot

I REALLY wanted to like this fragrance, So I purchased it un-sniffed because I figured with all the good reviews, it had to smell amazing. Sadly on me, it does not. It hit me like a wall of offensive black liquorice. It wasnt alluring or lovely at all. Maybe I was just having a bad nose day, But Im too scared of getting attacked by the liquorice (which I hate) again. :(

Sinica
Sinica

This perfume is truely wonderful. It opens fresh and lavender stands out from the beginning till the end. In the beginning it is fresh and green and it is getting sweeter by the time it riches the bottom notes, it is all a coctail of sweet herbal juice. Amazing!

You can buy this online anywhere you like! Strange Sofia is not getting the chocolate here, I get a lot of chocolate. Once again said, that everyone picks out their own specific set of notes! :-)
I love this one VERY much!

odie

Simply fabolous....I think that Jessica Parker can consider herself one of the few select celebrities who can co-create a unique and wonderful fragrance. My mother owns this one and I think this is definitely for a sexy evening out with your guy. The bouteille design is beautiful and on a whole the fragrance is fresh, green and titillating to the senses.

Cyndyava
Cyndyava

This was a blind buy at TJ Maxx. I had been wanting to try it and how could I pass up a $12.99 price tag! I love the sexiness of it...The just out of the shower after-sex, after you've just brushed your teeth smell. Yes, strange-maybe, but so true. So elegant, sexy, and exotically interesting. To me, it is very intimate. I picture myself wearing this for a man I adore. The lasting power is GREAT! Sorry it doesn't stay on others. I even smell it on my clothes days after wearing it...Faint, yes- but it is there. Sophisticated and sexy. Love.

ilikethequiet
ilikethequiet

What a wonderful floral green perfume.

The opening notes are lemony--bitter lemon, not anything sweet--that transforms into a warm chocolate and lavender blend, tinged with the lemon.

Strangely, the combination of lemon, chocolate and lavender- the floral+sweet+sour combination, reminded me very strongly of the spice cardamom. Smelling that took me back to a favorite Indian restaurant that I frequented in my college days; as I inhaled, I could almost taste my favorite desserts from that restaurant: halva, rice kheer, gulab jamun. What a terrific memory those middle notes evoked.

The dry down is very green, woody, and sharp (in the best possible way). I smell the teak wood very clearly, and a hint of licorice-y spice from vetvier. The musk in the base adds the perfect amount of warmth to Covet's dry down.

Covet is very wearable, fresh, and sparkling. I'm quite taken with it.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Very fresh, and green indeed, with a dominant sparkly note. I am not the one to praise celebrity fragrances, but this one is actually of good quality. I wouldn't mind having a big bottle, because it's cheap and very pleasant.
Silage and lasting power aren't great, but for how cheap it is, definitely it's worth a try!
Lovely indeed, gracious and herbal, I don't detect any artificially sweetened fruits or flowers here. Very enjoyable, inoffensive, perfect for daytime.

NatWeb
NatWeb

I like the idea of this fragrance more than I actually like the result. When I see the notes written down I'm excited about how they will come together but unfortunately I find the final product loud and crass. I prefer spicy and unusual fragrances but Covet seemed to give me lemon dishwashing liquid more than anything. The top notes are incredibly off putting on first spray and while the dry down is acceptable, it's tough to weather the storm. I own a bottle of this and I keep using it, hoping it will get better or I'll change my mind but I don't think that's going to happen. The packaging is fantastic though. I'd think this is better suited as a day scent rather than evening. I have also used SJP's Lovely and wasn't too fussed with that one either, so i'm keen to see how NYC comes out.

mirnescio
mirnescio

I've just received my Covet order. And I love it, it's a very unique perfume,very crisp, sharp and refreshing opening almost like a summer smell but after a little while chocolate and magnolia hits you with the cozy fall and winter feeling. I've never thought that this two would go this good. My skin usually tolerates lavender, so I don't feel it so strong. I was using Covet pure bloom for a while which I've bought instead of the original Covet, because I was afraid of the green smells, but I can not compare these two fragrances, pure bloom was too floral (so sexy though). They're both lovely. I will have to wear this for a while to get used to but I loved this changing perfume since I'm a gemini :)

bdette21486
bdette21486

The scent is very refreshing...minty chocalate smell with a kick of florals...very unique...i like it...

chiugo
chiugo

Absolutely lovely!

whenever i wear it, i get hugs, and compliments! its smell is so rich, spicey at first, chocolatey then cool. It is a must have.

rithacha
rithacha

This fragrance is so unashamedly changeable!

At first, it is very strong and green. The first impression is leafy lavender. Surprisingly for such a cheap scent, it smells very natural, like a walk down a woody path after a drizzle. This is the phase that I appreciate the most.

After a few minutes, the chocolate notes begin to trickle in. This isn't sweet milk chocolate, but rather the dry serious fragrance of baking cocoa. The chocolate interacts with the green florals in a truly bizarre fashion. Very difficult to explain. Mixing fresh with choclate turns the smell heavy and syrupy. I had a hard time enjoying this stage at first; it seemed overbearing, syrupy, and synthetic. Still, I respect SJP for this very very unique combination; it's very striking.

The fragrance undergoes some more unpredictable charmeleon changes before settling down into a very smooth ambery-musky base.

This perfume is unlike anything I've ever smelled before in an off-the-wall way. It's hard for me to think of a good occaision for wearing this . . . it's at once soothing (lavendar), invigorating (lemon), heavy (chocolate), and fresh (green notes). Despite these difficulties, this bottle is getting used up faster than my others. Hmm.

I imagine this could be the signature fragrance for an eccentric, changeable, controversial, and bold personality. Love it or hate it, it's hard to get bored of it.

libertybelle
libertybelle

At first application I got the green notes. Very lemony and a bit sharp. Then the lavender settled in and stayed until the scent wore off a good 10 hours later. I don't know where the chocolate and woods are because I certainly didn't smell anything like that. I adore lavender so I like this fragrance. I need to wear it a few more times to see if the lavender continues to prevail.

augustana_evangeline
augustana_evangeline

I hate this smell with a passion. I don't think it's good at all, surprisingly because I like SJP's other perfumes a little. This is like........medicine. the exact color olive green of old liquid medicine. It's green alright, more like moldy, bitter green. I don't get any florals, just a musky green bitterness and something nauseating - choco maybe? It reminds me of.....waiting in an olive green hospital room, waiting for an inevitable shot to the arm for some dreadful disease that you KNOW is waiting. The bitterness/sick feeling of hospital.....that's all I get, unfortunately.

Pity, I reallllllllllly wanted to love this one, based on the great reviews!

definitely chucking this into the bin. If anyone wants a swap, PM me, because anything is better than this on my skin!

preciouspetal
preciouspetal

I love this scent. It's subtle and luscious. Very feminine and airy. Nice in cooler weather.
It makes me think of summer rain on a herb garden, with all the subtle and fragrant lightly green aroma's.
Utterly divine.

meandperfume
meandperfume

I love Covet

I always wear it to work it is soft and very calming with the lavender and citrus and fresh its also inoffensive i find as I work in a hospital I love the chocolate sweetness it makes it special and warm

sky76sky
sky76sky

A strange little number, this Covet!

It doesn't quite fit neatly into any olfactory group: too warm & sweet to be green...a little gourmand, a little spicy, a little floral, a little citrus. It is like trying to bang a square peg into a round hole! It tries hard to be daring & unusual...& it damn near pulls it off.

So it starts fresh & greenish - zesty yet sweet & on my skin there is a definite ginger note mingling with lemongrass. Then BAM! chocolate & lavender join in, & wet dark green leaves wrapped in layers of clingfilm. This part grates a little - it is almost too crazy to be comfortable.

However, if left to mellow it becomes a warm, cheery scent that ends all to quickly as a lightly spiced floral musk.

Not for me, but plus points for attempting an unusual mix.

filiz
filiz

this scent reminds you childhood chocolate shops.that's all. staying power not so good, bu you can possible recognize the chocolate note in this scent at the first side which most women adore that. this makes the scent very popular for the market. but You can wear it for weekend shopping with your girlfriend, and I am sure you will get lots of compliments , but just your women friends!

JungleGenie
JungleGenie

I have been wearing this one from last summer and got many compliments.I like to spray it on my waist, not so overpowering and smells a little sweet for chocolates in top notes. Usually I don't like sweet scents, but chocolate makes this perfume special and recognizable. What's more, the bottle is also very lovely.

Adiro
Adiro

As much as I hate celebrity perfumes, I LOVE this one! I purchased it for a low price, after a very brief sniff.

To me it smells like summer green, chicory flowers, old trees and hot chocolate. I didn't think I'd like it so much, but it's my favourite morning perfume nowadays. I wear it when I walk my dog through a very unkept/untamed park every morning and it actually gives me a feeling of union with the nature... strange, because ( at this price range) it must be 100% chemical, and yet it smells natural and pleasant.

I have the edp, and it is indeed very weak. On my skin it lasts no more than two hours, but on clothes it lasts longer as a breath of fresh, clean and warm air.
I would recommend it to people who like more unconventional fragrances, as this one is somehow unusual and creative.

KellyChrisp
KellyChrisp

I was excited to go and buy this, when I tried it on several times I realised I dont like the way it smells on me hours later, it must be the lemon and it gives a me a headache unfortunately. despite that it is complicated and unique.

Update: Covet is more suitable for me in the winter

Aalia
Aalia

At very first application, I am reminded of Jean Nate
(but Covet is not extreme, screechingly bitter, like Jean Nate, no, no..) The lemon, lavender, and perlargonium leaf are sharp, and a bit sour. I do like the lavender here, it's very clear. The chocolate in the top notes is not a sweet chocolate, and it lasts through all of wear (except when you reach the very last bit of the drydown).For my first application I could not discern the lily of the valley, magnolia, and honeysuckle. The second application I could sense them, but still , they were clouded by so many other notes, especially the chocolate and lemon. I really like the base, the drydown has so many of my favorite notes. The base is inviting, interesting, soft and creamy, and spicy at moments.

For the second application I liked it more. The floral notes came out stronger, the lemon was fun and bright. It's unique and fresh, rather than sweet, as most celebrity scents. For me, though, The name just doesn't work for me. I just can't combine the name, with the scent itself...

gwennan
gwennan

Oh, dear, I was almost in love with this perfume. It was smth green and spicy, making me remember the greatest Yoji from Yoji Yamamoto.
I was so happy that SJP made a quite tasty perfume.

But I'm very dissapointed now, 'cause of it's longiness.
You just have to splash it on your skin and WHOOOPS - there's nothing left in seconds. How could it be possible? But it is still so. The main dissapointment.

I think I'll use "Covet" for my wardrobe, maybe my clothes will keep the scent longer.

RouenFr
RouenFr

Very warm, great for the colder months. However, like someone has said it doesn't last that long.

Nausicaä
Nausicaä

I was told in the perfume store I was today that this perfume is going to be discontinued. Don't know if its true though.

Taxidermy
Taxidermy

To me it smells so strange. If Covet was a colour it would be orange. I can smell a spicy soup note, at least while the top notes fade away. Maybe it's because of geranium, I don't know, but I don't like it. However, I admit that Covet is a really interesting fragrance, not common at all.

PávelHenry
PávelHenry

Well... definitively it’s a romantic and pretty fragrance. In the beginning, the top notes are green, as Addict and Couture! The volatile green notes of leaves disappear fast, and it opens to an almond-shaped phase. I feel cocoa, stuffed by the lavender and green notes.
The base was seemed with anise notes, although haven't star anise on itself. Soon, arrives the dry-down with smell of tea reminding me Aimez-moi- Caron, but I still feel some chocolate and maybe honey. I have sensitive senses with smell of magnolia, with delicious and pleasant perfume that took care of my sense of smell in this floral phase.

The combination of tea (that reminds me anise), flowers and chocolate is strange. That whole varied mix turns the perfume mutant as few frags.
It develops as a virtuose, to soft woodsy and floral undertones to raisin for three different phases. Sometimes I feel the same smell of the beginning, after I feel chocolate... and after that, I feel flowers and tea.
It’s one of those fragrances that changes throughout its longevity on my skin.

Covet is comfortable, but even certain point of view, is irritating.
The sillage is good, above the average, and have a good staying power... I'm impressed with Covet. Exquisitely beautiful and unlike anything else that I know!
Perfume intriguing... I think it's 50% of doubtful taste, and 50% formidable.
So diferent as ...Oh! de Moschino and Couture! (reminding that the both frag is totally different from Covet). If Sarah Jéssica Parker "made" it with affection, then, she's got my taste.

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

Green/clean floral citrus scent with an addictive sweetness lurking in the heart and basenotes. Just like Lovely, it's heavy on the lavender and white florals, but they are nicely rounded out by the (very subtle) chocolate and amber. I usually go for spicy orientals, but this and Bvlgari Red Tea are perfect when I'm in the mood for something crisp. Good daytime/office scent, but not easy to love, so try before you buy.

Zaleska
Zaleska

Bought my Covet today :D
Well, it's an everyday scent for me, because it's kinda soft on my skin. The bottle is cute, OMG!
The scent makes me remember something of my childhood: wet earth, smashed leaves, the smell of a new doll... :)
I think it's because of dark chocolate and geranium notes. I don't smell lavender or woods in this composition.

Oh, I'm sooo nostalgic!

EDIT: I noticed lavender only some days ago, :)

MondeoGirl
MondeoGirl

Tried this the other day from a tester in the pharmacy and I love it! Soft, fresh, musky & sweet with some of my favourite florals. Very captivating. I "Covet" this scent, think I'll ask my husband for some this Christmas!

suway
suway

its very fresh and greeny and sweet too.
a good perfume by SJP

Citrene
Citrene

1st sniff: Grass and strong plastic scent.
2nd sniff: lemon grass...?
3rd sniff: light powdery florals arrive, with lemon grass still in the foreground. Where's the chocolate!?!
4th sniff (5minutes later): All florals. I can smell lily-of-the-valley, magnolia, and a slight tartness. (Don't know if I can smell honeysuckle, because I'm not sure what that smells like). It's still a little grassy, but not as bad. Musk is starting to show itself.
5th sniff: Floral-musk.
Later: Still floral, musky, but also MILDLY woodsy.

Overall: Nice scent. Not sure if it's MY kind of scent...but very fresh, floral, and green. It lasts all day on me (in warm--not hot--weather).

korova
korova

Very fresh and green to start with, but after about an hour to me it smells very like Chopard Infiniment - no bad thing. The bottle is very pretty.

Daria
Daria

I have a lot of little testers of "COVET"
and i think that is a great perfume.

BronxBeauty
BronxBeauty

I have two very green scents -- Covet and Elizabeth Arden's Beauty. Both are nice spring-summer smells, but Covet works much better for the office. It's pretty soft, and the chocolate note about which everyone remarks is pleasant.

Spring25
Spring25

This was an interesting fragrance for me to try. I wasn't too sure what a chocolate green fragrance would smell like or if I would necessarily like it, even though I am fond of green fragrances. Fortunately, I found the chocolate note to be very light, almost white. I enjoyed the woodsy green floral notes and thought the drydown was wonderful. It lasted more than a few hours. This is one I'd like to try again. It's different.

luz
luz

I didn't know Little Black Dress, so Covet was really surprising for me. It is very different from most fragrances out there. I am not into greenish fragrances, but I liked Covet and couldn't resist getting myself a bottle in a swap (no, it wasn't something I felt like buying). Although, Covet smells great on meand I love it. I can pick the chocolate and green notes, but it is more like a moderate sweet floral on my skin, very alluring. I am not a fan of celeb scentg, but SJP has done a great job with Lovely and Covet.

ariadna
ariadna

The juice is an odd yellow-ish green that reminded me of citronella.Well,on my skin, after a long day still remain.

ydee
ydee

Liked it at the first sniff, the green is very pleasant and sweet, still fresh.
Than turned in a softer green note with sweet flowers, very nice on my skin.
Could smell magnolia, honeysuckle, lily of the valley very well.
Stayed for long time, at least 6 hours.
After 12 hours still could smell the soft musky think vanilla too end.
Sure will buy this one.

barbiot35
barbiot35

I find Covet very modern and sweet-greenish (I know there isn't such a perfume category but...)I couldn't imagine that the chocolate may be very harmonical with green notes but I sawthis on Covet!...
I like Covet and my mom- she is on her 55- is in love with it! I think this shows Covet is suitable for a broad age spectrum...

Kitty Meow
Kitty Meow

I tested this in Dec 08 so I'm a little foggy on wthe scent, but I remember I did like it.

Since so many of you liked it I'll retest & comment again.

Yana
Yana

I wonder if there is anyone who feels mint in this perfume, just in 3-5 minutes after spray? And I like this mint, so sweet and natural...mmm...or is it a trick of perception?

Malegria
Malegria

I really can`t afford go into details about the fragrance itself - it vanished from my memory exceptionally quickly and the base, as I remember, was kind of cheap, so I`ll be re-testing - but I want to make a point of saying something about the bottle. It is a killer bottle, and I don`t mean it as a compliment. One can easily kill someone with it, providing that it has at least 50 oz of juice! And am I the only one to whom the top painfully reminds of an old fashioned faucet handle?

perfumeaddict
perfumeaddict

While I like this fragrance quite a lot, it is NOT a green floral. I really can't imagine where that description came from. Its very much a woody scent, with floral and chocolate notes.

K_Virtue
K_Virtue

This is very different from the other perfumes that I am used to. Although I sampled it and found the scent 2 be quite good, I was hesitant in buying it. Usually when it's like that (in my case), it just wasn't for me. But I do know some friends/ppl that the scent just suits them very well... Maybe I will buy it 4 them .......

Tala
Tala

For me it was too sweet. A strange kind of sweet. I could trace a little bit of lovely in it but the syrupy sweet white chocolate was just too over whelming. I had to return it. Sorry S.J.P. Just something not right in it for me.

Malibu
Malibu

I’m on the fence with COVERT. It stands out from many other fragrances nowadays; it has a slight masculine edge to it. I’d say it can be worn to work, on the weekends with jeans & for evenings out.

On first application there’s a sharp, sour note as the lemon, lavender, lemon & wet leaves mix together. I can’t separate the sweeter florals or the chocolate in Covert’s heart, although the fragrance seems warmed & ‘quieter’. The base is a dark woody blend, with a hint of musk.

The staying power is very good. Also, the price is very reasonable.

But despite COVERT being different & more edgy then a lot of modern fragrances, there is nothing about it that would make me want to re-buy it.

I think a man could also wear this without embarrassment.

TJerria
TJerria

At first, when I smell this fragrance it sets me off bad but then the lingering essence of it leaves it with a well, even scent.

Annie_D
Annie_D

After being scarred by Lovely I always stayed away from SJP's fragrances although I am intrigued by the notes I see described...from the reviews here I think I might have to try it!

ramiske
ramiske

At first test, I was unsure about this one. But I bought a mini because the bottle was so cute. On my skin, it is wonderful. Nice green topnotes, but not over the top. I don't really smell the florals much (try Covet Pure Bloom for that). The dry down is very subtle and warm. I really like it now--must get a larger bottle to sit beside my Covet Pure Bloom bottle (so gorgeous).

gutobega
gutobega

I really love it.
It's a soothing green fragrance, very long lasting on my skin. A little powdery some hours after on the skin. Great dry down!

sfsassy
sfsassy

I just picked up a bottle of this. When it first came out it really did nothing for me. It seemed so basic and simple. Over a year later I find myself craving some simple good scents for everyday.

Note wise, it's mostly Lavender and Amber. Very nice scent with good staying power.

This is a definite improvement from Lovely. An interesting scent with a slight musky-ness about it. However, I personally thought it smelt very similar to Believe by Britney Spears when mixed with my skin chemistry. I didn't get a lot of flowers in this fragrance. I found it to be a lot more spicy and oriental-like. I would have considered buying this if I didn't already own Believe.

ILOVEEEPERFUME
ILOVEEEPERFUME

I love the dry down of this fragrance its sooo comforting and warm
i must buy this asap! definatly a great fragrance

Trvevil
Trvevil

After so mixed reviews I decided to try this one. Seems today it's a day of 'try something not suitable for everyone'. So nothing special there, but a little nuance. This one is a set of few perfumes at same time. It keeps me reminding another perfumes.
At the beginning it smelled fresh citrusy, just like cheap citrus fragrance I used to like when I was a kid. Then it started to remind me Green Tea by Elisabeth Arden. Again after hour this composition grew stronger and added the whiff of She Wood By Dsquared. And now I smell directly off my skin Bvlgari Green Jade. It's interesting to me. Really, it's more exciting than Bloom. This one is fun, a game of what do you smell here?

solocha
solocha

To me it isn't a green scent. It is gourmand. Instead of dark chocolate I can sniff white chocolate. The beginning is more pleasant than the middle or base notes, but these are, on the other hand, more unique. I can smell a mixture of lemon or other citrus with white chocolate and some sweet, not too floral notes in the top notes. Later on there are only that sweetness, a bit of chocolate and certain - slight - metallic tone, which could come out as plastic, but not that sweet typical synthetic plastic - it is rather cold, very like machine or engine oil. Decidedly worth a try for a fragrance connoisseur.

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

This one is one of my favorites! It's very sharp and lemony! I try to use it every so often. I'm sad it isn't at Macy's anymore :(. Thank Goodness I have a big bottle :)

sharyssa
sharyssa

This one does smell like soft lemon and a bit of chocolate.When I first got this I swore it would be my signature scent I bought the 3.4 oz gift set and I went crazy for this perfume! Well,I have more than half a bottle left and it sits in the box.I still like it but not like at first.I guess I got bored with the scent? I don't know but all in all it is unique and soft and unusual.Best way to descirbe this perfume.

rye
rye

On me this is a soft, non-floral green scent. At first, the lemon and lavender stroll out hand in hand, softened with a whiff of dark chocolate. The middle floral notes meld with the top notes and prevent them from becoming strident and yet they never become dominant either. Lastly I recognize the base notes and warm musk lingers close to the skin. This is slightly unisex, soft spoken yet confident. I absolutely love it and I'm running out to get another bottle along with the body cream before it disappears!

Amanda79
Amanda79

This is my first green floral fragrance! I'm not familiar with green smells but I'll try and describe it.. Spring/summer. At first spray I smell too much lemon and a weedy fresh cut grass note. ahhhh Its mint! I just read. If you give it some time it dries down nice. Very crisp and clean at first and gets warmer with the woodsys and amber notes. I smell the dark chocolate just a little throughout.

SimplyAbbey

Covet reminds me of tea. It's a weird scent to get used to wearing for me because I feel like I bathe in tea.

kay_li13

this was one of the first perfumes i got... and while i have to say i definitely misunderstood it when i first got it, now that i've smelled a lot of things and know how i feel about this one in relation to all the scents i have experience i have to say i like it & i don't understand all the covet haters out there :(. it's spicy and sophisticated. A+++

XoXoL.o.V.e
XoXoL.o.V.e

I really like this perfume is very nice and unique,the dark chocolate make it very special. :)

PolarBear2
PolarBear2

Lousy perfume. Does not know what it wants to convey at all, just a forgettable mix of whatever.

kay_li13

This fragrance is really subtle on me. It smells powdery and fresh but stronger than Lovely. It doesn't last too long. Solid for everyday wear.

stripeymog
stripeymog

It took me a while to 'get' this one but it's unusually complex for a celebrity fragance with a nice musky drydown.

susieqrj
susieqrj

Covet is different from everything I was used to (most of my perfumes are sweet and fruity): complex, earthy and green, something very confortable to use.
I love this perfume. I´m on my second bottle.

katyas
katyas

I LOVE this scent - soft and floral, sweet and delicious, this is a fragrance that is high up in my favorites list. I love the way the chocolate notes combine with the woods and spices of the base to give this scent an almost tangible presence.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

I had sniffed this in the EDP form previously and didn't care for it, but I found a solid scent of this at a good price and decided to give it another try.

Wow! It's almost like a different fragrance in this form. The scent takes a little while to develop on your skin (I almost thought I'd bought an oldie whose scent had evaporated), but after about 15 minutes, it's a much creamier version of the EDP spray, and much more wearable. Whatever it was that was so sharp and astrigent in the EDP is held down by the solid form. The creamy chocolate, soft honeysuckle and sultry base notes really come through.

(Someone suggests below to try it on the skin. Now that I think about it, I didn't actually spray the Covet EDP on my wrist, just sniffed the bottle. Maybe this is one of those scents that absolutely must be sampled on your skin to realize the full effect, in whatever form.)

LizzieM
LizzieM

Try it, go on.....spray some on your skin, it really is a quite charming. I like it and it likes me! A welcome change to the trend of cupcake sweetie pink.

essija
essija

I don't usually go for green scents but the beauty of this bottle got my attention. Wow I'm glad I tried this one out before buying. I didn't like it. Not at all. Sharp, Strong, Green, Lemon? I don't know what it is but it remindind me of cleaning spray. I wish I like it b/c I love the bottle but no way will I ever like this one.. Sorry Sarah, I still love you but not your Mr. Clean scent...

kurisu
kurisu

This is a distinctinve floral green for me,not like other fragrance that I have.
Open with floral and chocolate,then floral and green note take the lead which become more powdery in basenote.I also have a mix feeling for this fragrance,it's interesting and unique,which is a good point,but that's also make it's "not easy to wear" as well,some note in it still disturbing me.For me,this one quite powerfull,an appropriate amount could cast the spell,but over apply would be a suicide.Worth a try,but have to use it with caution!

kokica
kokica

beautiful and well done perfume....very simple,yet very seducting in a calm way(lavender,lemon and chocolate go wild together...little group of ''star'' components!!)...longlasting on the skin...great for summer nights and casual daywear...love it!!

winwenlee
winwenlee

It smells like seasoning, not usual smell of perfume. If you like it, you love it! If you don't like it, you hate it! very distictive!

tangledvines
tangledvines

I'm still trying to decide what I think of this scent. I am NOT a fan at all of musk or amber notes, and unfortunately when a perfume has those 2 things in it the smell becomes horribly strong on my skin and I get sickened. I can smell both of these notes, HOWEVER there is also something else in it that I like. So I keep wavering back and forth on kinda liking it and not liking it. To me, this perfume smells like a cross between Curve Crush and Amor Amor. I HATE Amor Amor and like Curve Crush, perhaps this is why I haven't decided I don't like this perfume yet. I'll wear it as a test for a few days and then see how I feel. I can see how others might love this scent. It's unique and has "something" about it. I am sure it could smell lovely on the right chemistry.

I can say one thing for certain though...it doesn't last long at all on my skin.

Moszatka
Moszatka

Too much for me, very sweet, and strong. Maybe because of the vetyver a bit masculine on me.

Carla
Carla

It should be called Little Black Dress #2! Crisp green florals but nothing new and exciting. I'm glad I just had the sample on this one, not worth the buy on full size.

mackie
mackie

I normally don't care for green perfums (scent not color) b/c those certain scents make me feel like I should be out nature hiking somewhere but SJP Covet has put those feelings to rest. The spicey woodsy scent is dominant throughout the day but the other sweet and warm notes that accompany it seem to mesh well together. I am very happy with this fragrance. If your like me and you hesitate when it comes to green/woodsy perfumes try covet. You might be surprised.

F_A
F_A

For my nose this fragrance is very spicy and woody, not green at all. It leaves the smell of hot chilli peppers and wood on my skin. And for me it does not remind Avon's Little Black Dress. Covet is more spicy, not as sweet as LBD. It is interesting, strange. I can even imagine a man wearing it. Nice:)

mightyaphrodite
mightyaphrodite

Covet is such a unique scent, i've never smelled anything like it! Unfortunately... unique does not always mean great in my dictionary. Very interesting notes: wet greens, geranium leaves, Sicilian lemon, lavender, chocolate, honeysuckle, magnolia, muget, musk, vetiver, bois de cashmere, teakwood and amber. It's a pretty grassy, earthy, herbal scent. Reminds me of a pretty little wood nymph skipping throught an enchanted forest. The musk isn't very strong so it's not as headache inducing (i'm really sensitive to complex fragrances). And the lasting power is pretty ok for an EDP. Appropriate for a wide age range in my opinion.

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

On my skin there is no trace of chocolate notes... It opens very green and sharp, fading to a confortable floral scent.

jonr951
jonr951

My favorite SJP scent! It's so sophisticated and different! It's definitely a unique scent and I love it! The green notes, the lavender, the lemon, and the chocolate! I love everything about it! The bottle is so great as well! Green and brown are my favorite colors! I NEED more of it! : )

randik
randik

One of my favourites, I have to say! Very complex and interesting! It settles after ten minutes and gives off a warm, discreet sweet, musky vibe.

linden tree
linden tree

i like it,but,to me,it smells exactly like rue pergolese by ulric de varens.what do you think about it?

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

This is a well done green floral with a musky and interesting base. I kept thinking I had smelled this perfume before then it hit me. Am I the only one who thought that this smells EXACTLY like the long discontinued Avon's Little Black Dress?? Covet, created with fragrance consultant Ann Gottlieb and Firmenich's Frank Volkl, has top notes of wet greens, geranium leaves, Sicilian lemon, lavender and chocolate; a heart of honeysuckle, magnolia and muget, and a drydown of musk, vetiver, bois de cashmere, teakwood and amber. Little Black Dress notes were almost exact- bois de cashmere, musk, honeysuckle, apricot blossom, gardenia, magnolia, sandalwood and milkwood accord and cyclamen leaves. Interesting. I liked Little Black Dress and always got compliments and I'm sure I will with Covet too. This is a fragrance that you can wear most anywhere in my opinion. The lasting power was very moderate, only around 3-4 hours on my skin. Very nice indeed, but not bottleworthy.

pimpnazt
pimpnazt

Initially, I couldn't decide whether or not I liked it. And after trying it, once more, rather recently, I decided that it's not really the scent for me. It's certainly a change from her previous scent, which I found overrated. This one is definitely bolder. It's not horrible, but it's just not something I would really wear.

2007
Chaosnmotion
Chaosnmotion

Very crisp and green, nice change from Lovely but just as good. Very alluring scent.. I wear day and evening.

2007

Covet by Sarah Jessica Parker 3.26 out of 5 based on 1345 ratings and 372 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Sarah Jessica Parker Covet fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Sarah Jessica Parker Covet, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Covet by Sarah Jessica Parker. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Covet by Sarah Jessica Parker represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.