Designers » R S » Floral Fruity « Groups

Covet Pure Bloom Sarah Jessica Parker for women

Covet Pure Bloom Sarah Jessica Parker for women
dislike

tuberose
Covet Pure Bloom Sarah Jessica Parker for women Pictures Covet Pure Bloom Sarah Jessica Parker for women Pictures

Covet Pure Bloom by Sarah Jessica Parker is floral fruity fragrance for women. The fragrance features Pikoke Indian flower, mandarin orange, plum, coconut water, tuberose, jasmine, musk, amber, sandalwood and orris. It comes in 100ml bottle, and it will be available in July 2008. This fragrance is announced as sister fragrance to first Sarah's Covet (2007).

Mandarin Orange Plum Coconut Tuberose Jasmine Musk Amber Sandalwood Orris Root

Covet Pure Bloom Fragrance Reviews

peferrarine
peferrarine

First of all, this has nothing to do with the original Covet, which i ADORE. But this one has its own beauty.

I read around that this one is more focused on the masses, since the first one was not the stereotypical celebrity scent and didn't sell as much as expected.

Although i love the first one, i believe that to be true, cause the first one is really different, while this one is rather safe.

What i mostly feel is creamy tuberose. A beautiful sweetness coming from the white flowers, with (what i believe to be) the coconut (probably mixed with the sandalwood) giving this creamy feeling. Not a strong vanillic coconut, but a light creamy one, standing in the background.

I don't get the plum. Honestly, i don't get the plum in any fragrance that says that has plum, so i probably don't know what plum must smell in a fragrance (cause certainly don't smell like the fruit itself). I don't get any fruitiness, actually, but i think the coconut and the mandarin give a bright feeling to it.

Is a round shape. The feeling is round. Not a sharp one. Not a 'blade' fragrance, that stings. Is almost reachable with its creaminess. Like the mix of tuberose tea with coconut milk, till it turns into a nice lotion-texture cream.

Bright, but with the potential of turning into a choke monster if applied heavily in hot days.
Anyway, i totally recommend this one as a nice, flowery everyday scent. Feminine, simple, bright, delicate, laid back.

argonianwarrior
argonianwarrior

You certainly don't need a lot of this one. It's sweet, and floral, but with a slightly earthy undercurrent. It reminds me of summer, I'd say.

In response to other comments, the coconut is most certainly present, but it's not a 'fake' coconut. It comes across as a subtle creaminess, almost akin to a fragrant sunscreen or body lotion, that stays throughout the fragrance.

I'm very impressed with this one.

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

Wow! I totally forgot how much I used to LOVE this! My daughter moved home for the summer today & I found this sitting on her dressing table. She had brought a few different scents back with her & Covet Pure Bloom was one of them. The bottle is so pretty & perfect for Spring time, as is the scent itself. It is a lighter white floral, so if you have steared clear of white florals or tuberose before, this would be a perfect place to start. It is warm, inviting & floral with a slightly beachy feel to it, but nothing like all of the beachy Escada flankers. It is more elegant & lady like...just like Sara Jessica herself in my opinion. This would be so pretty to wear to a special event. It is soft, comforting & just a beautiful scent.
It reminds me a lot of Prince Matchibelli's (sp? New Musk. If you like that, you will probably enjoy this.
Cheers! :)

GGLiCious

Covet Pure Bloom....Trully different from Covet. I really didn't expected that this perfume was very sexy smell. I think it's a powdery scent but no, it's totally surprised me & adorable. So attractived. Usually this kind of scent can give me a headache but not this treasure. Tuberose itself hs a original sweet note. I'm using Covet Pure Bloom almost everyday, because I really adore it. I use it at day & night. The sweet notes are trully suitable for night. It might smells a bit scarry with a hint of tuberose (because tuberose is commonly known as a vampire's scent for Malaysian) but it was just a nice go-to scent night time wear. But if you want to feel gorgeous & super sexy feminine vibe, you should wear it at day often, hot or maybe hot-windy day. Or maybe in summer time. The slogan, "I had to have it", yes it is. We had to have Covets (Covet for night & Covet Pure Bloom for day). Oh ya, forget to say. It's long lasting, you really don't have to re-applying sprayed on you. Worth to buy. My favourite so far.

ageletou
ageletou

This was my first perfume, by SJP. I bought it from the Internet because I could not find her perfumes in GREECE. It was a blind purchase and I was not sure what to expect because many of the notes were unknown to me (Pikoke Indian flower, tuberose, orris). The main reason for me to purchase it, was because it included the coconut note and I wanted a perfume like that for the Summer. I have to admit that in a perfume, I am afraid mostly of the flowery notes, because for my taste, they tend to make the fragrance sultry and suffocating. Luckily, when I received it, I was quite happy about my choice. The smell was quite unusual, but pleasant enough...I felt that, for a celebrity perfume it was really different and remarkable in comparison to others that belong to the floral/fruity family and have many similarities or are just copies from one to another....I sensed that the floral notes were quite dominant in the formulation- constitution in regard to the fruits, but the result was still very nice....The longevity was quite good for a celebrity perfume, it lasted for a long time. My First experience, as an owner of a SJP perfume was quite good and surprised me in a positive way....That's why, about a year later, I did not hesitate at all, to order another one (Dawn), feeling quite secure about my choice (that, I would not be disappointed). Overall, I fell that SJP is doing a very nice and serious job in the Perfume Industry and her perfumes are worthy.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

Tuberose. On my skin, it heads in the grape-gum/pink-pez direction most of the time, and Pure Bloom is no exception. I'm not surprised that so many reviews mention this as grape-y, purpley, candy or fruity-scented. This is a very fruity, sweet tuberose...and that's about it. If I use my imagination, I smell mandarine or something with citrus sparkle, and maybe a hint of coconut; but really, this is a linear, simple, fruity, sweet tuberose. It's pretty and sweet, almost little girlish--like a flower girl in a wedding, or a little girl playing in a field of pink clover.

The bottle is heavy, it feels like very sturdy glass and has a nice heft to it; alas, my swapped bottle is missing the decorative cap. Longevity about 4 hours, projection modest.

fledermaus
fledermaus

ÓÓÓ hát ez szerelem első látásra.Isteni illata van és az üvegcséje is gyönyörű

TrudyAmanda
TrudyAmanda

Classy and sexy. I am so sad this has been discontinued. I just purchased two 100ml bottles I am using one (slowly) and saving the other one.

eau de nath
eau de nath

My mom have this. Literally speaking, it really smells fruity and resembles some kind of a dessert. It was very sweet and fruity. The top notes are a little bit sour but the drydown was good. The plum note was intensive and it also resembles some kind of grapes, at first I thought that it was violet petals/leaves. Tuberose and Jasmine can also be sensed. A quite good fragrance, the flacon really represents the notes(purple- pinkish glass). It smells like the the 90's but in a great way! A frag for the young adult ages. It smells/tastes a bit of grape candy.
Flacon: 8/10
Floral: 40%
Fruity: 45%
Sweet: 5%
Overall rating for me: 7/10

sheilajamal
sheilajamal

I received this as a present from my husband. and it's definitely still my favourite scent. having the scent on my skin made me feels like i'm in a garden filled with blooming and blossoming flowers. whenever i wear this scent, insects would come near me. yeah. i had butterflies, bees and bugs swirming over me. LOL.
but i love it !

Rizaldo
Rizaldo

So delicious!!!

FrancesAnne
FrancesAnne

I bought a small bottle of this because I loved the actual bottle so much (silly thing to do without trying it first). It is quite nice but a little strong and heady for me. I only wear it on my wrists as if I wear it on my neck the smell is too overpowering. It does hang around but the scent is nothing really special, I would say it is one or two ingredients away from being much much nicer.

This opens basically all plum. Plum never goes away, but it takes a step back to reveal a greenish tuberose, watery coconut and earthy orris.
I don't find the tuberose in this particularly heavy, but I am a fan of such tuberose monsters as Tubereuse Animale.
Overall I find this sweet, joyful and pretty but still slightly reserved. I think i would be a nice transitional fragrance for an older teen girl.
I feel like I'd wear this fragrance with dresses, but sensible shoes. I don't get the glamour vibe SJP is going for in the ad.

clancyann
clancyann

I agree that it has a grape-candy smell, and that it, along with the tuberose, dominates this scent. But I like it. I agree too that it's a good everyday, casual fragrance for warm weather. I got this bottle in a swap, and while I'm glad I didn't buy it, I'll definitely use it.

I also agree that it's sexy. Wanda Sykes has this hilarious bit where she says that the time she felt the sexiest was when she was 26. And when she goes to a bar and has a few drinks, she goes to the bathroom and looks in the mirror, and she starts feeling sexy, feeling 26. That's kind of what Covet Pure Bloom does for me (age 38).

Oh, and I don't smell coconut at all.

Nadia31
Nadia31

Beautiful flowers, long lasting, gorgeously feminine, so impressed with a fragrance by a celeb....right there with the best

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

I agree with TillyWave. I did not rate Covet Pure Bloom. It has a hollow sort of cheapness. It lacks resonance and it does indeed smell a bit like Glade. There's no depth to it.

It reminds me of Avon Today- a light floral at first fading to a cheap vanilla base- hence the "Glade" comparisons.

I was surprised at how disappointed I was with this, since I rate SJP Lovely as one of the best fragrances made in the last ten years.

TillyWave
TillyWave

SJP is the only celebrity brand that I like, Covet, Lovely, and Twilight--I adore Twilight although it doesn't seem popular.
A very nice Fragrantician gave me a decant of this, and I'm glad she did. It will save me from having to buy it.
The 'plum' resembles more of a grape lollipop one would get at a bank after completing the transaction, or some sort of 'grape drink' or 'grape-aide' alla Gatorade or Kool Aide. Underneath the grape haze is a white floral accord that would spray out of a Glade aerosol can. After that nauseating combination wears down, the drydown at least is fairly inoffensive--a bland floral-soap base.
I'm sure this review will disappear into the netherwold of negative reviews, but I had to try--after all the reviews comparing this perfume to a garden or a magical summer night, I was stunned at what garbage Pure Bloom is.

lmlovespapa
lmlovespapa

smells soooooo GOOD and so expensive, this is the ultimate spring time perfume, it's fresh but not aquatic flowery but not "grandma"

Mariamaija Amélie
Mariamaija Amélie

Covet Pure Bloom is an uncomplicated scent to me, and that makes me like it even more. Flowery, romantic and sweet without being sticky in it's sweetness. I have so many perfumes with huge! personalities, depth and mysteries in them, that this one is unique by it's sweet simplicity (compared to the others) I really like it. Great for casual wear, I think. Or for work. A feel-good-perfume, in my opinion

Shadowfroggy
Shadowfroggy

Let's try a word analogy to describe Covet Pure Bloom-
Kate Spade handbag is to knock off Kate Spade handbag as Giorgio Beverly Hills is to Covet Pure Bloom.

Practically identical, and not impressing anyone with either as the style is passé.

Covet Pure Bloom has a hint of grape in it that makes it similar to another dowager,Poison-
Poison is to Macys as CovetPure Bloom is to TJ MAXX. In other words, costs a lot less.

So if you carry Giorgio or Poison in your Kate Spade, (I won't ask if it is real) try Covet Pure Bloom. If that style of scent is "your thing" that is great. Personally, I am more of a Furla kinda girl. Nobody bothers to knock it off, even though it is well crafted. Not outrageously expensive but hardly cheap either. My Furla is more likely to carry original Covet.

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

I like this scent. It is very light and I feel is better suited for warmer weather. This does not last very long on me, but it makes me feel tropical and girly. Nice!

This perfume belongs to the fragrance family of Sensi - Cacharel Catch me- Covet Pure Bloom and Hugo XX

A very warm family it is! Covet puts more emphasis on the tropical aspect compared to the other 3!

la_beba

I the smell when i 1st hot it, but its been a long time i don't wear this perfume. But when i wear it again, it give me headache, i wonder why..i just can't wear this perfume anymore for weird reason.

saguna
saguna

I don't know Covet, but Covert pure bloom is divine for me. It's sparkling, violet-pink floral which can attract all insects because you smell like real garden.

I could give it 9/10, but lasting power and sillage are not too good.
Maybe she could make it more intense, it could be my best summer fragrance.

Update : I have Covet, which is sooo different than Pure Bloom. Why is it a flanker then?
While I like Pure Bloom, I hate Covet, as it reminds me of some lemon tart. Brrrrrrr

Delightful and nice fruity floral fragrance!

Most of all I feel the plum, the mandarin, the tuberose and the coconut notes in this fragrance. I don't know why, but in general this fragrance reminds me Isabella grape scent, only candied maybe.

This fragrance is normally sweet. Rather light than heavy. Even yummy.

I like it. It's as pretty as its bottle:)

CORPSE13
CORPSE13

I love it it seems like its so simple but then I felt that nice scent that is different and unique and i bought 100ml its quite weak tho i have to put so much of it (because I already use perfumes like water;D)so with this one i have to put even more.Weird but it was going well with diesel fuel for life!

ummzuze
ummzuze

I love this perfume,have almost finished my 50ml bottle.Its very feminine and floral and makes me feel very pretty when i wear it : ).I will be repurchasing it!

sofababe
sofababe

Covet Pure Bloom smells almost good enough to eat!
Generally I don't like fruity florals but this one is a perfect balance, I love the plum, and the coconut is to doe for. Quite delicious!
The floral is delightful, big tuberose in the top and lovely delicate jasmine, retaining the coconut to keep it sweet , and the base is perfect.
Covet Pure Bloom is one of those rare perfumes that I can actually detect each individual note, all present and very correct.

I have been wearing it today (Spring has arrived!! YAY!) and its lasted for 10 hours so far!! That's spectacular considering the price. The sillage is still good too, even after all this time.
Covet Pure Bloom is a firm favourite with me.
Awesome stuff :-)

Smells like sweettarts candy and tuberose. I like the initial blast of sweet florals, but it very soon settles into a mixture of powdered sugar and tuberose. This is giving off too much of an 80's vibe for me. It gets better in the drydown but by then it's too late and too faint. Smells a lot different than the original Covet.

jennibean
jennibean

I tried this perfume for the first time yesterday, and as soon as it was on me, people started complimenting the smell!

The smell is so soft and flowery that it would be appropriate for everyday-wear. Even in the office full of sensitive noses!!

fath1ma
fath1ma

A romantic floral that exactly like Volare Spring Floral by Oriflame (limited edition). It's good with its own scent, I mean..there always some ladies that suit with it but it's not work for me. I just can't enjoying when this kind of scent is on my skin, whereas I love the colour...Purple ;)

SheShe
SheShe

The perfume reminds me of Couture Couture by Juicy Couture. There are similar ingredients to some of Juicy's fragrances: plum, orris root, jasmine, tuberose, musk.

Covet Pure Bloom isn't similar to Covet: Covet is sophisticated, wild, niche-like, Pure Bloom is a different type: quieter, but not quiet, less thick. The beginning with plum and iris root reminds me of Couture Couture a lot, but then jasmine and tuberose come into play - they bloom- and then the fragrance reminds me of Alien a bit. There was a moment that I could sniff lily-of-the-valley, it isn't listed among ingredients though. The fragrance is like a small cloud above my skin. And it isn't nice and kind - it's a rebel.

Unfortunately I don't get coconut in this.

It's a well created smell, but it lacks orginality of green Covet - green one is a fragrance that doesn't bring other fragrances to my mind.

Bottle is great, lasting power is very good on me.

fragranceperfume
fragranceperfume

I had a sample of this at the shop yesterday, it's such a lovely soft fragrance that I like!! I really want to get it!

It has a distinct floral scent to it. Personally I think that it smells a lot like jasmine, which I'm not usually a fan of, however I really liked it in this perfume. I think its more floral than fruity, and is quite fresh..

The price is great; it's not expensive at all. The bottle is so cute, and I like it much better than the the original fragrance. Overall I think it's great for the price and the quality.

Great for young to older women who want something light fresh and fun :) 3.5/5

eec
eec

I absolutely love this perfume. Although the aromas should be fruity & floral I get none of the fruity side of it. It lasts on for a long time.

summerinthecity
summerinthecity

Riot of blooming flowers. For some reason reminded me telenovelas from 80th. Odd assoсiation, I know.

Nazneenbubobear
Nazneenbubobear

I bought this perfume and few months back with out even reading a single review. Man I wish I did my research first.
Not that this is a horrible perfume or something. Its nice..smells decent and wearable. To me its plain floral and I barely get any of the fruity notes. I like the hint of coconut. BUT, the one this I REALLY dislike is the fact that it doesn't last AT ALL!!!I don't "hate" the perfume but if it had a better lasting power maybe it would be worth it.

MsRachael
MsRachael

It's nicely sweet, but I find it innocent, rather than sexy. It's also extremely different from the original Covet, in both mood and chemical composition, so I find the fact that they are supposedly "related" to be a bit misleading. The plum is most prevalent, along with a heady dose of tuberose. It's nice enough, but for some reason I couldn't get past the fact that it reminds me of grape flavored candy.

takeasniff
takeasniff

This does not last 5 minutes and it gives me a thuming headache. It reminds me of Eclat Arpege and the chloe one in the pink and white lid bottle. It is nice but every time I wear it I get a headache and have to respray just to smell it. I did get compliments when I wore it.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

This is an ok floral, definitely inoffensive. I pick out tuberose the most at the top. Couldn't smell the coconut (which is just as well as I am not into coconut). Very poor lasting power.

pauluch3
pauluch3

It doesn't last and it's barely rememberable.

Tsugumi_
Tsugumi_

Not my kind of perfume. I prefer more Covet that`s also not my kind although I liked it at the beginning.
So ordinary, nothing more, nothing different.

sofeaabdullah
sofeaabdullah

i'm not too sure about this perfume but gonna give it a try..:)

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

So different to the original Covet. I like both, but Pure Bloom is my favorite of the two. It has a lovely flowery creaminess that lasts the whole day and I've received many compliments wearing it. It starts out with a strong sweetness and mellows into a lovely flowery bloom. Day wear for this one, as Pure Bloom isn't bold enough for evenings out. I'm now on my second 100ml bottle and will be keeping this one in my collection for as long as it's on the market!

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

As sister fragrance to first Sarah's Covet, Covet Pure Bloom has a different personality. The original Covet is heavy, ambery, and modern-classic, whereas Pure Bloom is tender, soft, and romantic. I particularly like the coconut combined in this perfume, it’s not that creamy as in some of the oriental-vanilla perfumes, the amount is just well-balanced against the fruits and flowers. The tuberose and jasmine smells sensual. What is lovely is that those little white flowers don’t show themselves in a linear continuous way, instead, there is a cheerful variation (music) of fruits, coconut and flowers, so interesting and romantic. Smelling it, seems that I’m walking bare foot on the white sand Hawaii beach. A cap of flowers on my head, and the torrid colorful sunlight on my face......

lizzie81
lizzie81

I'm not usually into florals but i do really like this one. On me its very strong floral with a twist of something else that i can't put my finger on but the best bit is the dry down of a deep woody scent with that little hint of floral still lingering! I find the staying power is excellent, i think its one of the strongest i own in terms of lasting and the bottle is purple whats not to love! All in all love it especially for the spring when i feel most inclined for a floral. I was also a big fan of the original covet very unique in my opinion!

Suzi
Suzi

Well this one is way better !!!!! than the original covet which I find ghastly. This one is soft but I can really smell the coconut I think this is what puts me off about it. It reminds me of a cupcake in preference to a perfume. Fabulous bottle though Sarah knows how to package her fragrances but the one of hers I love is SJP NYC that is by far her best one. I don't hate this one by any means I just find it a little too sickly sweet for me.

libelula4954
libelula4954

I ordered on ebay SJP Covet and mistakingly got Pure Bloom- this has nothing to do with the original Covet, and I quite dislike it, probably due to the coconut, I have never liked any cosmetic product that contains coconut. So this is definitely not my kind of perfum

shazella
shazella

I'am in love with this perfume...for floral fruity lover it's for you to try...long lasting over 7-8 hour.. one of my favourite scent..it's like you inside flowery garden when you wear it! Suggested to all perfume lovers..

la_beba

WOW!! this perfume really surprised me. It is really different from her sister covet which i also like. This one turn to be more for young crowd.

Opening with fruity burst of plum, almost like candy plum, sweet floral. I don't how to explain but for me it smell like purple? haha, the bottle match exactly what the scent is all about. I love the bottle & also juice inside!!

add: oh i love this scent! wish i bought full size of this. lasting power is average though..wish it last all day.

juliebilo
juliebilo

it reminds me of fruits, but not in a childish way. I love it, it's delicate and feminin.

icekat
icekat

This fragrance is like a beautiful summer night. The warm breeze is filled with gorgeous fragrance of flowers. The stars are shinning and reflecting in the calm waters of the tropical bay. There is romance and love in the air.

There is something about plum in the fragrances that I absolutely love. The opening of this perfume is so delicious. I love how the plum, coconut and mandarin come together. It is not too fruity, not too fresh – just a perfect blend that I would like to smell over and over again. The tuberose and jasmine slowly make their way through as the heart notes. I love tuberose in the perfume. It is well balanced by jasmine and other notes.

This beautiful floral summer night smell lasted about 1.5 hours and then it started disappearing. I thought, oh well I guess this is it. But I was wrong. The fragrance continued evolving into another stage on my skin. It went into very soft and gentle form of floral musk. It was not strong or very pronounced but it was there. I could feel it all day.

I have to confess that I was a bit skeptic about trying another celebrity fragrance but I have to give credit to this perfume. I do love it from the beginning till the end. It is lovely, romantic and classy to wear.

Another post-modern perfume in the spirit of COVET, SJP COVET PURE BLOOM, too, is all over the olfactory map, covering basically the remaining territory not already covered by COVET!

COVET PURE BLOOM opens loud and fruity, with dark purple fruits on prominent display. Next the fragrance becomes more and more flowery, with tuberose eventually winning its battle with the purple fruits for center stage. Finally, the drydown offers a very clean and appealing slightly floral soapiness.

I like the weirdness of this composition enough to acquire a bottle, just to be able to study it more closely. I suspect that, like COVET, COVET PURE BLOOM varies a lot with temperature and humidity. Today I ended up liking it very much. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. (-:

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Pleasant and nice - I like it just as much I like floral green Covet. It is slightly fruitier than predescessor, also more powdery and girly. I find it a safe fragrance, good for a day in the office or a shopping day. I think both Covets are great if you've just started a day with a nice cool shower and hesitate what to wear on the day. Inoffensive, will not make poeple around you open the windows or pretend to be in rush to walk away from you as far as possible.
I am convinced, by reading both Covets reviews, that ocassionaly some Fragrantica members criticize these fragrances purely because they are not very fond of Sarah Jessica Parker as a person and they are incapable to raise above likes and dislikes of Sarah who only signs the contracts and has nothing to do with the final perfume formulation.
Covets have been created by renowned noses who did, indeed, do a great job and deserve at least a bit of praise if not a great recognition for making our perfume market richer.

Lydiamarine
Lydiamarine

I like pure bloom more than Covet. Altough I am not a fan of floral scents CPB smells just right for me. However it has no lasting, 30 mins and pufff!!! Its all gone!

What I most like is the opening of pure bloom, it is sweet(not sugary sweet), really "blooming" fresh(not linen fresh)flowers. I smell mostly Jasmine and tuberose in it. At some point it smells like a very very very light version of Notre Flore Jasmin by L`Occitane which my mom likes and I don't. But on CPB it just smells perfect to me.

I dont like the drydown though, its slight, barely noticable and bitter. Thats why I will wait for the price to drop to buy a full bottle. Yea, I will buy one, it worths for that perfect opening :)

delphine67
delphine67

I have blend it today with Bronze Goddes. It gives a very soft flowery coconut scent.I like it coz for me the bloom has some sharpness

guest_pearly of the ocean
guest_pearly of the ocean

Starts off very nicely, but after a while I had the urge to rub it off. I find the tuberose to be not strong, but rather, cloying and annoying.

I wore this while sitting in a smoggy, heated windowless bus and its haunted me since.It has given me a new meaning to 'claustrophobia'.

Happy Spirit
Happy Spirit

I don't like SJP at all, as an actress or from what I've seen of her in interviews, so I was very much against buying anything of hers. Imagine my surprise when I smelled Covet Bloom and actually liked it. I haven't bought it yet, I'm waiting for the price to drop. I don't like any of the others in her range, they smell really awful.

boogeyyy
boogeyyy

first time: too feminine for me, too floral, quite strong..
but it's really sexy.. i love it in the end

mwater1
mwater1

Again, I'm on the fence with a recent purchase. As others have stated Covet Pure Bloom begins on beautiful fruity floral notes of plum, coconut, tuberose, and jasmine in the heart notes. While I enjoyed the first hour of the fragrance, it did turn a little weird on me. It began to get a bit soapy, sort of like Camay soap, then there's a something ever so slightly animalistic to it--could it be the orris root?? I dunno, because I usually enjoy orris root. It's not completely unpleasant, but takes some getting used to. It is different, so I guess that's why I'm somewhat entranced. There's also this sweet and sour ambiance to the fragrance throughout the day. Kind of reminds me of a Sour Patch Kid gummy candy. I suppose I like it more than I hate it and will likely grow to love it the more I wear it. Overall rating 7 out of 10.

My darling
My darling

Durability is good and its development becomes more beautiful.

danimcneil
danimcneil

I actually bought a large bottle of this at TJ MAXX. The 3.4oz bottle was on sale for $15.99. The notes sound beautiful and exotic, and somthing just different enough for this summer. So I sprayed some on. The first whiff was pretty, and then there was this horrible choking/bitter scent and it dried down more and more. Im not sure what the note is, but whatever it is it trully ruined a beautiful fragrance. The floral and fruit notes are pretty here, i believe that the bad note may be the orris.. although i have never experienced orris seperately. So...ALMOST beatiful :)

ilikethequiet
ilikethequiet

I really liked how Pure Bloom smelled at first as I'm a big fan of tuberose and plum when they're blended well.

Unfortunately the dry down changed the fragrance so much that all of the warmth of the coconut, plum and floral went *poof*, leaving only a watery, slightly bitter scent that I really disliked. I definitely prefer the original Covet, and SJP Lovely, over this perfume.

kvety
kvety

not so sure about this one. it has got a really nice fruity initial smell, but then as it settles in it is a little heavy on me, but that might be just my skin.

It is a nice smell, but probably not as light as some of the other floral fruity fragrances.

krishka

I like it a lot on me. It works well in extremely hot and humid 90% weather, it is delicate and not cloying , i don't feel the plum, just get the freshness of the flowers without the sweetness.

burnt_tyre
burnt_tyre

Unfortunately very secondary perfumes :/
Cheaper version of Dior J`adore
(I checked - they have a lot of shared aromatic notes ).
unnecessary next the same smell...
very disappointed

sharyssa
sharyssa

I still have my full bottle that I bought almost 10 months ago.I really like this scent alot.It has an older scent not young but it is tropical flower not regular flower and the hint of coconut comes through,I love the color and the bottle and I am trying to preserve this until I get another one because it is hard to find at Marshalls.Covet is my absolute favorite from sjp but this is a close runner up!

guest_Mary
guest_Mary

I have received "Covet Sarah Jessica Parker Perfume for ma Birthday from ma boyfriend. But it doesn't work out. No smell at all. I feel upset once I used it. Never buy this again. Really Sorry....

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

It's very hard to stand by my determination to ignore celebrity perfumes when it comes to SJP. Even my loathing of Sex and the City can't detract from the fact that her fragrances impress beyond the usual famename banalities.

Pretty and forgettable, the original Covet died a quick quiet death on my skin; Full Bloom has much more longevity. This scent reminds me strongly of an older fragrance, the very beautiful Lumiere. Covet Full Bloom is a lovely evening floral, not high impact but delicate and graceful. If Carrie Bradshaw had worn it, maybe Big would have married her straight away and we could have been spared the movie!

APassionateJourney

Oh, Tuberose, how I LOATHE THE! Let me count the ways!

Wearing this more and more it just smells like any other tuberose fragrance. (Christina's Inspire, Bath and Body Works Velvet Tuberose, Michael Korrs, etc.) I can see where people think this smells similar to Juicy Couture. Tuberose overpowers EVERYTHING ELSE! Mariah's new fragrance, Forever, is said to have tuberose. I prayyyyyy it doesn't smell like the typical tuberose fragrance!

lillybee
lillybee

I had a sample of this. It starts out like a cheap knock-off of Eclat d'Arpege, I smell tart apple mixed with mandarin and other citrus notes. A few minutes later the scent changes completely into something else in character: a creamy, white floral smelling exactly like Juicy Couture which I own. The 'Juicy Couture'-ish white floral phase that's smells mainly of tuberose and gardenia to my nose lasts for about 4 hours then disappears. There are no distinct base notes to speak of, possible all drowned in the florals or as often with cheaper scents are missing.

Pure Bloom is inconsistent and not very well thought out. There's no dynamics or flow between the notes, it's sharp and citric in one moment then it's one big fluffy cloud of sweet white florals. Talk about seemless blending. Without the base notes it doesn't come close to Juicy Couture's richness and lasting power. It disappeared completely after 5 hours. It's not something I'd wear in summer either, it's way too powdery and overpowering.

When I want to feel fresh, feminine and flirty, I'd wear Eclat d'Arpege. When I need a rich, and sexy comfort scent, I'd reach for Juicy. But the two mixed together? Not worth in my opinion.

barbiot35
barbiot35

This is an interesting perfume...It has sharp and cold plum and other unclear fruity notes at first and than comes the coconut...Normally,coconut gives warmth to a perfume but in this you smell coconut but you don't FEEL its warmth!IMO, the plum cools it and makes the perfume wearable on spring- summer days...

mirnescio
mirnescio

I've ordered this perfume online, because i couldn't find it anywhere, and was very curious about it.Because i like the style that SJP has and her favourite perfumes are touching my smell tastes as well. I should say that it didn't come out as I expected. It's way too sweet in the first place, but thank god the sweetness goes away quickly. It's more like a grape syrup than plum.But the musk is very long lasting. It can be used as a daily perfume. Because it has nothing special, unfortunately.Actually it reminded me of the old times mommy perfumes.But i believe i will be able to use it daily since i bought it very cheap.

ruxxy
ruxxy

Just tested it today, to find out what's the fuss about.
Let's see... at first, a bit of coconut covered by plum and a noticeable amount of tuberose, which reminded me strongly of childhood: all the so-called ladies of 45-50 in my grandparents' village were wearing a lot of tuberose perfume. And this is not good.

About 3 hours later, it's like someone washed it off(not me, I assure you) and just some musk, very faint and watery(orris root maybe).

And that's it. No disputable areas in this one, just goes unnoticed; in the best case, its muskiness could make you fall asleep with boredom. It's yet very different from the awful cocoa+green Covet, but nothing to covet LOL

Princess
Princess

I read on SJP offical fragrance site about this. The notes sounded so beautiful and interesting, that I just had to try it. The bottle is very beautiful with a flower as a cap. Very strong, feminin and floral. Almost too much, so one spray will be enought. I can only smell plum and the floral notes. I wanted to smell the coconut and the rest. Its like a version of midnight fantasy, exsept this is stronger and moore floral. I think its to much, its way too strong. Its not bad, I have to say its good, just not for me;)

shanepb
shanepb

I agree with APassionateJourney. I don't smell plum but I do smell grape.
It doesn't have great staying power, but the second application seems to last longer than the first. It has a pleasing floral bouquet without any peppery overtones (like Jessica McClintock) or heavy oily base notes (like Elizabeth Taylor Gardenia). This one's a keeper in my book.

krishka

Simply love it, for me it is better and more unique than the original Covet.

It is light but yet warm, gives velvety and luxurious feeling.

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

I liked it when tasting in the shop, but when I've bought it it turned out that it is not lasting disappears in a moment. A kind of compote.

I think this is my favourite out of the Sarah Jessica Parker fragrance collection. The scent itself surprised me. I was expecting something really fruity, perhaps even similar to the original Covet. Covet Pure Bloom is much lighter, sweeter and more flowery.

I really love the coconut in this fragrance. It gives that aura of an exotic celebration which makes this perfume best suited to the warmer months. The plum note also keeps this fragrance from becoming too citrusy, blending well with the tuberose and jasmine.

I find the bottle very appealing. It is cute yet feminine and pretty. The purple colouring suits this perfume well.

Unfortunately, Pure Bloom does not have good lasting power. However, because this fragrance is so light and fresh, reapplying during the day would not be of any problem.

luisa margarita
luisa margarita

It's SUPERTUBEROSE as Carolina Herrera for women

Annie_D
Annie_D

Ok, I think I might be completely over celebrity scents after this one, I can't put my finger on it but it smells like something I wore when I was 13. I really liked it at first and then during the dry down I started to get an awful migraine it was too sweet, not as sweet as Escada, but too sweet! I tried to scrub it off I was in the bathroom and scrubbed with soap and water 4-5 times and it still wouldn't come off, Here's the positive side, It has GREAT LASTING POWER!

Malibu
Malibu

COVERT PURE BLOOM is in the middle for me. It’s not a fragrance I want to wash off & it didn’t give me a headache. Yet, it doesn't have that 'special something' that would make me come back for more.

I couldn’t pick out any individual scent notes. There wasn’t a noticeable difference between the top, heart & base notes either, just loads of soft floral notes that I couldn't seperate.

COVERT PURE BLOOM is just a pleasant, quite sweet floral fragrance that is inoffensive, but unmemorable.

The staying power is OK.

Why is it a spin-off? There’s nothing about this that reminds me of the original COVERT. Must be down to making more of a profit from the COVERT name.

APassionateJourney

I don't get Juicy or Fairy Dust at all. Its very grapeish smelling. The dry-down is awesome and the lasting power is awesome as well! Well done, Sarah. Another favorite for me!

ramiske
ramiske

Wow, so different from Covet! I bought this based on the Pikoke, coconut water, tuberose, and jasmine notes, which are my favorites.

My package just arrived yesterday, and upon first spray--I could think of nothing but Juicy Couture!! I love JC, so of course I like this one too. After the drydown, it changed a bit, but is still very nice. Will def wear this for spring and summer! And the bottle is just beautiful!

Anyone else notice the similarity to Juicy Couture and Fairy Dust?

Update: after testing again last night, I really smell the floral more, esp in the topnotes. But the drydown still reminds me a lot of JC. Seems to change based on what I'm eating/drinking!

BlackIvory
BlackIvory

way too floral for my taste..head ache inducing! still better that the original covet though

kokica
kokica

have to say,I'm rather unpleasantly surprised by first Covet's reviews...I adore that scent....this other one-Pure Bloom is ,like, nothing compared to the first-green one...
it is so plain,kinda everyday-ish floral scent....I expected a lot from this one and got - zilch!!..
the first one is much,much more subtile...with lemon and chocolate and lavender...it is a perfect Mediterranean scent...sorry to dissappoint you Covet-haters.....::)))

MondeoGirl
MondeoGirl

This fragrance sounds lovely, I'll have to buy some soon!

Once I've used it up the bottle will look fantastic in my bedroom (on the window cill with my other prettiest bottles!)

rieuse
rieuse

Originally Coty Prestige wanted Pure Bloom to be their first best seller at the perfume market and only after its success to continue the line with the spicy green Covet. Mrs. Parker decided differently and the green bottle hit the market first. I'm guessing the sales of Pure Bloom would have been much higher if it hasn't been clouded by green Covet's reputation. People expect sister fragrances to be very much alike having couple diverse top notes. The majority who dislikes the original Covet simply doesn't give Pure Bloom a chance. That's a shame because these fragrances are so much different from each other: the original Covet in a green bottle is a fragrant disaster and Pure Bloom is a sweet-smelling masterpiece. There's everything in this little bottle: blooming plum-trees at dawn, subtle smeel of jasmine and warm sunny day, rainbow and sparkling ticklish rain. It's young, fresh, warm, swirling, flirty and delicious. I just got Pure Bloom today and it was the love from first sniff.

F_A
F_A

I find Covet Pure Bloom a floral soapy fragrance with a weak staying power.

Trvevil
Trvevil

This one is just awesome! Flowery and very fruity, perfect for summer.
Reminds me curious

Deedz
Deedz

Can anyone smell the coconut in it?

amanda
amanda

its pleasant but if i smelled it unknowing the olfactive group, i would say its just floral, i cant really smell fruit in it, that makes it a bit boring for me

guest_Troll
guest_Troll

i kind of like the original Covet too, don't really get why you people are so much against it.

Chaosnmotion
Chaosnmotion

I agree.. it is the opposite of the original Covet.. it is a beautiful and light floral fragrange. I clearly pick up the jasmine, amber and the sandlewood... it started a little loud but then it dried down to a very light and slightly spicy floral fragrance that I love.

wakemeupalready
wakemeupalready

My sister bought a bottle of this from Debenhams on Saturday.

I must admit it is totally different from the original Covet.

It's very floral and very feminine and very sexy.

Covet Pure Bloom by Sarah Jessica Parker 3.61 out of 5 based on 355 ratings and 95 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Sarah Jessica Parker Covet Pure Bloom fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Sarah Jessica Parker Covet Pure Bloom, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Covet Pure Bloom by Sarah Jessica Parker. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Covet Pure Bloom by Sarah Jessica Parker represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.