Designers » R S » Floral Green « Groups

Dawn Sarah Jessica Parker for women

Dawn Sarah Jessica Parker for women
dislike

ozonic
Dawn Sarah Jessica Parker for women Pictures Dawn Sarah Jessica Parker for women Pictures Dawn Sarah Jessica Parker for women Pictures Dawn Sarah Jessica Parker for women Pictures Dawn Sarah Jessica Parker for women Pictures

Dawn is a fresh and clean fragrance inspired by morning, sunrise and first sunrays. That is a moment when we stop to listen to awakening of nature and look forward to upcoming day. The fragrance was created in cooperation with perfumer Stephen Nilsen of Givaudan, who enriched top notes with a cocktail of citrus aromas with angelica and violet leaves. A heart is composed of orchid, and a drydown of Tahitian vanilla, orris, oakmoss, vetiver and musk.

Flacon collection is created in the same form, with floral pattern in various colours. Design of flacons and outer cartons was made by Sarah Jessica Parker with Jon Dinapoli, using art work by fashion illustrator Sara Singh.The perfumes will be available in amount of 30 and 75 ml EDP with 200 ml perfumed body lotion.

Michael Thompson was in charge of advertising campaign, which will appear in a fashion magazine in March 2009. Photos of Sarah were taken at dawn, at noon and at twilight, recording emotional and intimate moments, special moments of her life, from early morning till late evening.

TV clip will be made in a similar way as posters, as a kaleidoscope of precious moments, announced for February 2009.

Citruses Angelica Violet Leaf

Orchid

Vanilla Orris Root Oakmoss Vetiver Musk

Today Tomorrow Always Diamond
Gelty Pleasures

Dawn Fragrance Reviews

merih
merih

This is totally floral, only floral and not good for me. :( It may be good for floral lovers. But don't forget: "floral but there's nothing special in it."

Dilaru
Dilaru

I would call this perfume more of a floral-aquatic. Unfortunately, I didn't like any other of SJP's fragrances, but I adore this. Unlike SJP's other fragrances, Dawn is an unusual clean-floral scent.

Not many other perfumes flaunt orchid quite this well, and the orris root and violet leaf make this perfume almost an aquatic-floral. I don't smell anything green on me. It is a clean and simple but unusual scent, reminiscent of rain and dew on newly blossomed flowers. The name 'Dawn' is very apt.

This perfume was an online blind-buy when I was younger, and immediately became my first perfume love. Due to this, I tried SJP's other fragrances, but the pink pepper and sour notes in them never sat well with me.

Tine1world
Tine1world

I must say I am impressed with SJp's range of fragrances. I have issues with a serious illness, so medication seems to affect the longevity of many the fragrances I own.

SJP's fragrances are marketed under her name, which is a brand a commodity so to speak. This can in no way reflect SJP's expertise. However publicly, SJP comes across as a driven and somewhat out spoken role model for fashionista's, due to her role as Carrie in SITC.

I own quite a few of her fragrances and find them subtle, and somewhat reminiscent of days gone yonder.

The only fragrance in her range I don't really like is 'Covet' 'Pure Bloom'. But I must admit I haven't given that one a second chance.

'Dawn' is my favourite in this particular grouping.
The 'Lovely' Range of fragrances. I love the simplicity of the fragrances and with 'Dawn I love the sensibility of the subtle and quiet blooms and violet scented vibe.

The thing that comes to mind with SJP's fragrances is the line.
"Reminds me of"?

It's challenging to find what it is about these fragrances that give them the charm and respect they are getting.

I find 'Dawn to be long lived and soft, yet different enough to enjoy away from other inexpensive celebrity fragrances.

If you like the violet group in your fragrances and like the idea that one need not spritz every two hours. Then this fragrance might fit the bill.

I was fortunate enough to purchase these on sale for 19.00 Aussie dollars each. I bought second unopened bottles for 10.00 aussie dollars on sale, for when I run out. That's 75 mills. EDP.

Ps I have all three in this plus the original 'Lovely'. I think there's more to add if they are released here?

I am of the opinion that one should wear what one wants. Just because one becomes middle aged or over the hill so to speak does mean one should rush out and get a bloody blue rinse..

Cheers T.

ageletou
ageletou

I just finished my 30 ml bottle. This was my second fragrance by SJP. First of all, I would like to mention that mostly I wear perfumes that belong to the Floral / Fruity, family / group. I ordered it online - it was a blind purchase - because in GREECE, I could not find SJP's perfumes and I did not know what to expect because it belonged to the floral / green family / group .......I was reading about her "Lovely collection" perfumes here on Fragrantica and among the 3, I decided to go for Dawn and luckily my instinct was right.... Dawn was a very light, refreshing and uplifting perfume. I was quite surprised (positively) when I first smelled it...... I own quite few perfumes by celebrities (JLO, Jessica Simpson etc.) and I have tried many others the last couple of years in the stores but most of them, in MHO, they smell more or less the same......Dawn was an exception. It was fresh, clean, and comfortably green. It was my first choice after the shower, when I wanted to extend the sensation of freshness and cleanliness. The duration and the sillage was quite good too, making it overall, a good choice/purchase. Although I like to change my perfumes very often, (I hardly stick to one...) I would happily repurchase it....
P.S. After having such a good experience from Dawn, I decided to try some other perfumes that belong to the floral / green family and see, if another one, will win my heart... I checked out here on Fragrantica the green / floral perfumes that I could find and smell at first hand here in GREECE, I had a go, but the result was negative......Most of them, were very offensive green and harsh to my nose....a big No........I was not surprised, why most of the times in my life, when I was buying a fragrance it belonged to the floral / fruity family....To sum up, if I wanted to buy a floral / green perfume in order to differentiate my floral / fruity perfume collection, it would definitely be Dawn, again .....

SelenaSerena
SelenaSerena

Got a 30 ml bottle of it while searching for something to cheer me up while being not expensive. I read checked for notes of Fragrantica and gave it a chance. I really find this as a fail safe morning scent to use before work or just at home. Keep using it while still don't know if I like it or just consider it to be politically correct.
Upd: I think I love it. The perfume has never been so comfortable and not persistent.

lizzie81
lizzie81

I do love this fragrance, as I love all SJP's! When I was a teenager we used to have a greenhouse full of lillys and that to me is exactly what this smells like. This one is floral with a slighly clean vibe, but to be honest that is exactly what lillies smell like. I am perhaps getting a touch of vanilla and maybe an ever so slight whaft of soft musk but I couldn't positively identify any of the given notes.

It is very unique in my collection and every now and then when I feel like something completely different I will wear it. Make sure you do not over spray this one, as sometimes it can be headache inducing, (again like the lily flowers themselves for me). For instance I find wearing both the lotion and the scent too much.

I have read in the reviews that this has been reformulated for the sake of cost? I hope this isn't the case, but I must have the older formulation as mine does last all day and is pretty strong unlike what a lot of the other reviews have said. Although that may just help me with the headachy part.

All in all a gorgeous, unique straight up floral and I am happy to have a bottle amongst my collection :) xx

FrancesAnne
FrancesAnne

Imagine yourself standing in a beautiful garden in the early morning after a rainstorm. The spring sunshine is beginning to warm the flower petals and dry up the glistening raindrops. And this (to me) would smell like Dawn. It is a beautiful, pretty scent full of delicate flowers. It is fresh and light. It truly is beautiful. It is innocent and refreshing. The bottle is really pretty, decorated with blue watercolour flowers. It is sturdy with a good lid (very retro) and suitable to pop in your handbag. The scent won't really stay with you all day, it is not heavy enough. But it is just delightful and if you like pretty floral scents that are not too heavy then please try this. You will enjoy it.

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

Delightful! Pretty, gentle, hint of violets, and a lovely smell like clean hair. It suits its name as its gentle enough to wear first thing in the morning. It's very delicate and pretty and my favourite out of the Lovely Diffusion collection.

millie1980
millie1980

I like this. It is fresh, floral, simple, and a bit different to many other perfumes out there. It smells soft like rain and flowers. I think the lasting power is ok. I don't expect miracles from perfume - this makes me smell clean and pretty, what else do you need during the daytime?

RAG1987
RAG1987

My brother bought this for my Mum one christmas, I have always had good taste in the sort of perfume I know she likes but my brother tends to blind buy based on what the SA will tell him in the shop. This wasn't a very pleasant perfume it had a sort of chemical like smell to it that became quite nauseating. It reminded me of something else (not a perfume) reminiscent of a bathroom spray freshener. I recently bought myself Versace Dreamer for men and I love that fragrance for men. It does however have a sharp chemical like smell upon initial spray. This remeinded me very slightly of Dawn but Dreamer turns into a very pleasant masculine scent.
I do not really think Dawn is very nice at all plus it is very weak and poor lasting which is just as well, not really worth any amount of money imo. That is from a guy's point of view but also my own Mum hated this. Can be bought very cheap on ebay. My Mum's bottle went in the bin as it would not sell on ebay (I wonder why)

CitiBelle
CitiBelle

Soft, Gentle, Floral Not much logevity, nothing to dislike about it, but nothing special either.

twilight1234
twilight1234

this is nice this is cool and i like it it is SOOO girly.

Jellybean
Jellybean

At first I thought it smelled like body sprays commonly found in Walmart. Once applied to the skin it softens to the smell of a violet leaf, it is green, watery and soft. I still think it smells so familiar.... I keep on thinking of calgon body sprays. It's not herbal at all. Soft with slight harshness and cheapness I must say.
Part of me likes it but other part feels like I have moved on from such scents. This would be good for everyday, gym and spring/summer time.

odona
odona

Some smells bring up old stirring in the loins and the times when my heart was so close to my throat I couldn't breathe (maybe just the asthma?)
Whatever, when I was younger the scent of Prell shampoo in a girl's hair would take me to a place younger people weren't supposed to go to in those days, causing untold hours of discomfort.
So - some of this spilled in the studio and I kept looking around for the source of the glorious soap when finally it dawned on me it was the perfume.
SJP "Dawn" is actually Prell Shampoo! Unless she was reaching for "Dawn" dish detergent (which I've never smelled).
As perfume, ???. But as sexy shampoo - !!!

takeasniff
takeasniff

I just tested this on paper so not on my skin yet. It sprays a little green and sharp but when it dries to me it is similar to the other one called Twilight. It is musky like Twilight but it has a fresh soapy smell to the musk that Twilight doesn't have. Twilight is warm this one is fresh but they are similar. I quite like it, it is nothing ground breaking but certainly not offensive but I find none of them last very long as other people have said. If you like natural soapy musky smells then this is one you should test. If you are hoping it is aquatic or really green and fresh it isn't really like that at all even thought the packaging evokes that image it doesn't dry down the way it sprays initially. I like it and wouldn't mind having a bottle to spray on as there is something very relaxing about it.

Lilii
Lilii

To be honest, this scent is not my typical kind of perfume, still I think it is pretty & somehow romantic. In my opinion this perfume is not unique or complex, is very feminine, non offensive, suitable for all ages and all seasons of the year...you can easily wear it daily..too weak for a EDP and a little overpriced I suppose especially If you are going to pay the full price because you will probably need to spray it several times to be able to smell it.

On my skin it smells exactly like a herbal body lotion my mother was using in past:creamy and a little herbal... and as quiet as a body lotion in fact I need to stick my nose to my skin to be sure it is there..and after a few hours I get sth almost chemical which is a turn off for me..from the reviews I have read on the net I suppose that they have changed the original formula to make it cheaper in new editions thought I am not sure. At first I decided to sell it but I changed my mind, it is still good to have a rather different perfume in my collection for the days I am tired of my typical warm & sweet scents.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

Dawn is a really lovely perfume and for me it's definitely by far the best SJP fragrance. It's much, much nicer than Covet, which I think is sickly, strange smelling and very overrated!

This is a fresh, airy, clean and light floral without being overwhelmingly and annoyingly flowery! It's good for any age group and any time, anywhere. The only drawback for me is that when I've tested this in department stores it seems to disappear very quickly and lasts not much longer than around 4-5 hours say, if that. Still, it's such a nice scent and usually available, certainly on the internet, for reasonable prices that it might still be worth my getting a bottle. Very recommendable!

msangalang
msangalang

Fell in love with this, but ended up with a rash. Bought it again a year later, hoping I just got a weird batch the first time, but ended up with itchy arms yet again. So sad, because I really really loved it.

MademoiselleLuxe
MademoiselleLuxe

Purchased on a whim when I saw it discounted at my local drugstore, and while it hasn't made it's way into my favorites - I'm definitely glad to have it in my collection. Smelling the bottle to me gives off almost a 'hairspray' type smell, but then spritzed onto the skin, becomes much more floral. The dry down leans quite musky on me, but not overpowering.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Not as bad as Endless (which is a disaster IMO) but still pretty bad.

marija.p
marija.p

I really like this perfume.It's fresh and natural and it's not over the top or too sweet. It's a good perfume, but there's not a "wow" factor.

I have to agree with the reviewers who refer to it as shower gel scent or something similar. It's very drugstore like and a bit green, but not interesting to me at all.

MsRachael
MsRachael

So green and wonderful - smells to me like clover, and brings back memories of lying in the fields with my friends - rolling down hills, etc. Very wholesome and girl next door - not my usual cup of tea, but I was immediately drawn to it. The angelica and violet leaf are a match made in heaven. My only quarrel is with the silage - it's gone within 2-3 hours, depending on the heat of the day. Nice for a picnic, the cottage, or an afternoon of walking and exploring - not for dates or dinners or work.

LunaPearl
LunaPearl

Not a fan of SJP, but I took an instant liking to this.

Dawn is a fragrance that encapsulates the scent of Autumn/Fall.
Truly reminiscent of taking an early morning stroll in the crisp Autumn morning breeze, amongst the fallen leaves.

Not as prominently scented as Endless or Twilight,yet still stands out on its own.

wind83
wind83

i've got a vial, three of them.. and dawn.. is not almost 1 hours i can't smell anything. twilight like a masculine perfume foe woman.. thats horrible.. not my perfume...;(

lieya von jay
lieya von jay

dawn is my 1st branded perfume.. i bought it unintentionally after being so confused over others perfume after smelling all the perfume available at the counter. 1st time i spray it on my wrist i didn`t smell anything accept for the orchid. and the smell is not strong either and it fade in a minute. i was so frustrated... and regret buying it... after a few days, when i sniff over my wash clothes i smell something nice.. also when i scratch over the place i spray the perfume, it smell so nice.. i wish that smell are much stronger than it used to be as the last note smell sooooo nice on my body but it just not too strong... very2 weak but nice smell..

Emma x
Emma x

Bought this unsniffed for my mum, cos there were no testers available. I dont regret it though, very similar to pleasures bloom by estee lauder. Very clean and fresh not overpowering at all. A nice fragrance :) x

barbiot35
barbiot35

It's good with its fresh green and slightly citrussy floral notes but too much watered down...In half an hour It's gone...
For scent: Best of the serie
For longevity: The weakest one...

guest_Bule
guest_Bule

Oh my God, Dawn is so fresh soft and very breezy. I really love this perfume.It is so beautiful on my skin.

chapeaunoir

So I didn't have the greatest experience with "Dawn" when i tested it yesterday...

Upon first spray it smells very much like hairspray (then again a lot of fragrances do) so i let it evolve for a while.

Next came a VERY pleasant melange of florals. Very light and fresh and pretty.

Then it sort of faded into a very powdery floral type thing... still very fresh...

and then after fifteen minutes (i kid you not) it turned into static guard.....

This fragrance just didn't work for me and i recommend that you test before you buy!!!!!

chapeaunoir

I really don't have much to say about this but:

Boring!

Just a bunch of flowers trying desperately to not be noticed and to not insult anyone.

guest_PearlOfTheNight
guest_PearlOfTheNight

It's not attention-grabbing, but I absolutely adore the fragrance.
It smells like the cleansed morning air after a horrific stormy night.

It's a refreshing change if you're sick and tired of mainstream floral, or cocktail fruity or cloying oriental.

Divine...

fanciful
fanciful

I agree with Pollenbee that it is the best SJP fragrance after Lovely. Actually it's my favourite SJP fragrance at the moment!

I was totally surprised how unique and beautiful the scent was! It's true that it is very sheer and light, but at the same time it has wonderful delicate notes that combine into an enchanting experience!

PERFECT!

Lydiamarine
Lydiamarine

I saw Dawn yesterday at mall and sprayed it on my wrist. It is very slight smelling fragrance... It feels like an autumn morning rain. It is very pleasant but has no lasting power. Consider buying a 75ml bottle because it needs to be resprayed during the day.

pollenbee
pollenbee

I like dawn.Its sweet but in a nice way. Very nice fragrance. This should be more popular. Its the best from SJP after lovely.

fragaholic79
fragaholic79

Blue skies,soft breeze and fluffy white clouds:)Dawn works very well with the summers we have. The temperature goes upto 45C, and the last thing you want is to smell cloyingly sweet.Its lovely to put on first thing in the morning.Very powdery,soft and if this was a colour it would definately be a fresh baby blue. Like this a lot. Its perfect when you want to take a break from the usual gormand/fruity/floral scents.If we could have big lavish perfume banquet, this perfume would be the palate cleansing course.

egyptian_beauty99
egyptian_beauty99

Gives off a clean, fresh floral scent..Kinda like bath soap..I like it good for Day time and work.It's so soft and beautiful..Reminds me of misty rain just hittin your face..ahhhh..

the only con is it seem to fade quickly..

guest_pearl of the ocean
guest_pearl of the ocean

I am no fan of SJP, and I am not partial to floral green fragrances either.

But much to my suprise;

DAWN took my breath away...
It evokes the feeling of waking up to a cool, breezy morning after a thunderstorm the night before.
It's scent may be subtle, but none the less flawless.

I'm not usually a 'morning' person but this certainly makes me look forward to the day ahead...

guest_MsPerfumecrazed
guest_MsPerfumecrazed

I first took notice of this fragrance while it was still winter. Upon smelling it I immediately knew it had to be in my spring/summer collection. I was shopping the other day and happened to come accross the gift set and of course I had to get it. I'm wearing it today and I just feel so Pretty! It just reminds me of good times, a nice summer breeze on a beautiful day. Its one of my favs:)

narcotic
narcotic

I know it's not listed here, but I really felt drenched in peony petals (minus the ants) when this went on my wrist. Sarah Jessica Parker is famously no fan of florals (they were only added to the formula of LOVELY at the marketers' behest) but I think this one is a success.

DAWN starts off with a burst of stuff that eventually just melts into my skin in a really nice, mellow way (chalk it up to the charming inoffensiveness of the peony!). Really, the only thing I can't stand about it is the bottle design. I love the watercolours, but that awful gold cap? come on! Luckily, the scent is unaffected...

markRep
markRep

This is a fresh beautiful floral I do not get to much greens but just enough to bring out a beautiful childhood memory of flowers and fresh summer breezes that are not too heavy with flowers as to give allergies and headaches.
It is surprising to see all those heavy hitting notes up there, really I must get a lot of violet leaf. With its light innocence does lend the same attitude as Daisy. Clean semi sweet floral with out being Soapy, heady, bitter or herb shed like.
All the base notes mixed perfectly for me, mainly because not a single one dominates the overview I have of this perfume. Meaning i could not truly associate any of them in describing Dawn.
I like it and am glad that I got the gift set, Because the lotion is divine! It has a average lasting time and is very pretty and could be worn everywhere. Very glad I re-tested this, and would tell everyone to give it a real chance.

guest_lalala
guest_lalala

great fragrance, flowery & fresh, yet subtle.

guest_stevelisastallard
guest_stevelisastallard

I LOVE IT! I RECEIVED A BOTTLE AS A GIFT AND IT IS WONDERFUL! READY FOR A NEW BOTTLE!

guest_Lexie
guest_Lexie

I love the fragrance but it seems to fade very quickly.

guest_Jdolani
guest_Jdolani

I just tried Dawn today and I love it.It is the only one she has done that I can wear.It's a hit in my book.I get sinus headaches with some perfumes and this one didn't give me one.

swedeangel
swedeangel

Fresh ,yes ,almost like a deodorant instead of a perfume.
Not bad ,but very simple.
Me as a great fan of sjp-perfumes,i was dissapointed.
a very "blue" smell.

guest_leyla
guest_leyla

i went to buy Femme By Hugo Boss and i was given Dawn as a sample, I love the sample more than any of my perfumes . im going to get the full bottle of dawn for sure . Love it just love it .

danimcneil
danimcneil

smell this one newt to Ralph Lauren Blue... very similar... and both are VERY much my type. Floral with amazing musky drydown. so comforting :)

Dawn is a slight improvement from Endless, yet there is nothing enticing or interesting about this fragrance.

Like Endless, it is soapy and fresh, however it is not as flowery. I wouldn't say that Dawn is synthetic smelling, it is quite wearable and somewhat pleasant, but once again this fragrance is common and unimaginative.

The scent itself is quite musky and subtle yet the lasting power is horrible. If it wasn't for the lack of lasting strength this fragrance may have been passable.

guest_mar
guest_mar

the PERFECT perfume for me ever! tested it and am hooked ever since! and yess...it'll make you sniff your wrist once a while! cnt get over it...im in love with the scent...just what ive been searching for all these years..:)

guest_Sienna
guest_Sienna

I was given a sample of Dawn and have been hooked ever since. Absolutely unforgettable, it'll have you sniffing your wrists all day. Very light and breezy yet strong enough to make an impact. SJP is clearly something of a fragrance guru.

guest_Dawn too
guest_Dawn too

I recieved this from my husband today - I was shocked for one it was my name but other then that pleasantly surprised at the unique clean floral scent- I love it ~!!!!!

guest_Frances.
guest_Frances.

I bought Dawn and I'm really enjoying it its light a bit musky but not to overpowering over all nice smell

ILOVEEEPERFUME
ILOVEEEPERFUME

i smelled this at ulta and bought the biggest bottle they had-this fragrance is beautiful this is the only one out of the lovely collection that i like. Its very soft clean and fresh-smells like a garden of flowers after the rain i definatly recommend this

sharyssa
sharyssa

I am not really liking this one.It is plain and just "fresh" I didn't really smell any sweet notes or anything. I won't buy this I have changed my mind!

star10
star10

Dawn is like waking up in a nice morning.it's mild and refreshing,not annoying the nose at the beginning of the day.
the floral green notes are a reminder of a rainy green day,even a bit rustic but in a sincere way.

honeypoppyseed
honeypoppyseed

It's so hard for me to critic this woman's scents because I've loved her as an actress since the beginning... but when is she going to get it. Fragrance is just not her thing It's like she can't marry her heavier notes with the more floral/citrus, and there are all these weird transitional periods that have yet to be addressed... I don't know, maybe she just doesn't notice them or... what? I don't know, but I think there would be a much better fragrance if, instead of expanding her lines, if she buckled down and revised a few or her previous ones (covet was the closest for me) and instead of lanching 3 scents in this line, moved to get just one right. I really think this is another one that just missed the mark.

Dawn by Sarah Jessica Parker 3.70 out of 5 based on 148 ratings and 57 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Sarah Jessica Parker Dawn fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Sarah Jessica Parker Dawn, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dawn by Sarah Jessica Parker. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dawn by Sarah Jessica Parker represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.