Designers » R S » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Lovely Sarah Jessica Parker for women
dislike

I have it: 1857 I had it: 870 I want it: 666 My signature: 45

Lovely Sarah Jessica Parker for women Videos

Lovely is the first fragrance by Sarah Jessica Parker (in partnership with Coty Inc.). Obsessed with style and fashion, Sarah always wanted to create a signature scent that would be very sexy and yet undeniably classy. She did not want her fragrance to be overpowering, but instantly recognizable, like infamous aromatic concoction she made for herself from 3 separate fragrances before she co-created Lovely.

Lovely is a soft, powdery, discrete and very intimate fragrance, announced as 'silky white amber'. It possesses an elegance characteristic of classic fragrances. And yet the fragrance is quite modern and very charming.

It opens with soft citruses (nectarine and bergamot) and woody (rosewood) notes, with a touch of lavender, which is very discrete and not at all sharp. The fragrance develops further with notes of apple martini, white daffodil and orchid. The base unites white amber, cedar, woody notes and white musk.

According to Sarah's words, the perfume is appropriate for all generations: 'from 17 to 107'. The fragrance was created by Laurent Le Guernec and Clement Gavarry in 2005 with Sarah herself being the creative director, actively participating in the process from its start to finish.

Lavender Mandarin Orange Bergamot Martini

Modern Muse

Lovely Fragrance Reviews

vintage_witch
vintage_witch

one christmas i wished for a tester of covet by sarah jessica parker. instead i got a 50ml bottle of lovely. disaster! my granny had trusted the sales assistant and got the must have frag for the moment (fair enough, it was very popular at that time) of course i said i loved it. if my granny fed me dirt i would pretend to love it. she is my granny after all. but truth be told that bottle ended up on my moms dresser, on her its a kinda 80s vibe patchouli bomb with modern florals. its quite lovely *wink wink*. 4 months later i got another 50ml bottle of lovely for my bday from my uncle. its a curse. the sarah jessica parker curse.

lovely smells exactly like nail polish remover on me. no notes. just nail polish remover. it is truly nauseating.

i still have no idea how covet smells. i dont dare to find out, just in case the world feels like throwing more lovely my way.

Beezle
Beezle

Its kind of funny how I came to know this fragrance. I was watching TV and SJP was being interviewed by Oprah Winfrey. I've liked Sarah's work since she was in Flight of the Navigator. So as Oprah asked each question, Sarah was about to answer and Oprah cut her off. Some interview I thought, she got in two sentences about her perfume and that was all. Quite a while later I was lingering in a store, saw the tester and recalled that interview. I sprayed some on and thought it was very nice.
A very long time afterword a friend asked me what perfume I liked and I told him Lovely. He gave me a bottle and I am now on my second one. It is very well named. Something that isn't flashy, isn't demure. Its not seasonal its not day or night. It's appropriate for a festive event as it is for the office. The musk gives it warmth, the lavender gives it It's femininity, the woods give it depth. Its so well balanced that nothing about it overpowers any other note. It really is lovely to me.

elmizakamarulzaman
elmizakamarulzaman

This perfume gave me a serious headache. It smells like an old lady who didn't wash her hair for years. It smells old. Sorry, i hate it.

sp89123
sp89123

Very pleasant and inoffensive fragrance.. perfect for day-wear.Not cloying or overpowering. after two hours it remains very close to my skin.
On the topic of it being similar to Narcisso rodriguez Her, these two smell very alike only in the dry down as far as i could detect while wearing them simultaneously on each wrist. the opening notes of SJP are harsh and then settle down. Narciso is more aldehydic for the first few minutes, warms up to the roses and sandalwood for close to two hours and then settles into a soft mellow dry down very alike to SJP Lovely.
lovely perfume overall. but im still on the lookout for my signature :)

Maine_girl
Maine_girl

This perfume is aptly named - it really is lovely. It was a blind buy for me, and my first impression of it was that it was another mistake. The lavender was quite harsh initially. In a few minutes, however, the musk made more of an appearance and made the scent much cleaner, sweeter. This one is very inoffensive and work-safe, and also perfect for those times when you just want to smell good.

SamanthaRenee
SamanthaRenee

I love NR for her so I HAD to get this. Too many reviews here confirmed that it would be a safe blind buy for me and sure enough, it was. I really love this stuff. It has the right balance of musk without being overpowering and floral enough to be soft.
Im really not much on celebrity fragrances and own few. Not a big SJP fan either and to be honest I'm rather nuetral towards her. However, I must say I would purchase this even if it was named after a couple of plumbers from rural America. When it's good, it's good. If it works for me...label it however. It also helps that it was under $24 at fragrancex. If you enjoy NR for her it truly is worth it.

Germany
Germany

I don't like celebrity fragrances. Even if they smell good I will not get them. This one is a really nice one and if it was not a celebrity cent I would buy it for sure.
It reminds me of Narciso Roderique for her a lot, its a very lovely sexy musky intimate beauty. Its a hint lighter than Narciso and more airy . I can't detect lavender though, that would be nice if a little stronger. ,,,. Slim chance I will ever buy it , but there is a small possibility I might break down. ....
Lol I love samathaRenee's review above ,,,named after a couple of plumbers ,,, good point and totally true !

munchay
munchay

This is Lovely.Can't have enough of it.
lasts long and dries down to a powdery note.I haven't smelled the lavender note though.
I don't like celebrity perfumes but this one suprised me big time.
This is what I have been serching for.
keep on buying year after year.
This will be with me as a modern classic.

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

To me, this is stunning. I really am in love with it. Such a beautiful, clean, smooth, gentle musk. I'm on my second bottle already. Longevity is moderate, but projection is very nice.

If I had to choose one perfume out of my wardrobe to wear for the rest of my life (the horror!), this would be it. All seasons, night or day, all ages, all dress (from white t-shirt and jeans, to a "Pretty Woman" Julia Roberts red gown and white gloves).

Just a quick note, to be completely honest, I didn't like Lovely when I first sniffed it from the bottle. I sort of got the bad BO vibe some heavily musky scents can give off, but once it was sprayed, it blew my mind.

Simply divine.

jake.shouse
jake.shouse

Do not like this at all very weak does not hold at all too much like Modern Muse these both smell a lot alike just not a fan. So a no go for both! But I know this is loved by many and will continue too be.

DJJellyBean
DJJellyBean

for anyone who wants to know, I just spotted this at TJMaxx for $30! I'm gonna have to get it soon, I've been waiting for this to happen... I'm hoping the price will go to $20 that happens often.

smalltownbeatnik
smalltownbeatnik

I just sprayed Lovely on for the first time, and I honestly have tears in my eyes right now. This is what I've been looking for my entire life. This is it. This is ME.

@jenniferlincoln
@jenniferlincoln

Another unexpected surprise. This one is quickly growing on me. It does REMIND me of Tocca Cleopatra which I've enjoyed for years. I'm glad I purchased it for a modest $23 for the large bottle, but given the choice, I do prefer Cleopatra. It has a slight sweetness to it that makes it more feminine.

ro_ro_123
ro_ro_123

Purchased this (my first foray into Celebrity Fragrances after giving them the usual snub) due to Katie Puckrik & Luca Turin's rave review. Katie stated in her youtube video review that this would make a great unisex purchase so as a male I did a blind buy to put it to the test.

I normally love big spicy perfumes (I wear Opium daily) so this is a bit of a change as it is a bit lighter, but in saying that, this is such a beautiful fragrance I think it could be universally appreciated by anyone as something that simply does smell quite lovely.

It is quite a casual scent and could be paired with almost any outfit in any social occasion, anytime, anywhere.

I do think this could easily be unisex, Sarah actually originally wanted it to be marketed as a shared scent which is probably why it works on male skin. I guess not many men would purchase it due to the name or bottle but if you're willing to look past the physical aesthetics you will surprise yourself just how much you enjoy wearing this.

I got this at an amazing price for the 100ml EDP and you really get a great quality perfume for the price.

The opening is quite floral, but never too sweet, it then dries down to a musky/woody smell which I adore for daily wear.

For the price I think you would be crazy not to give this a go. I have heard rumours of this being discontinued which I think would be a real shame as it is such a lovely scent and could easily become a modern classic.

8/10 from me. (10/10 if it is just based on casual daily scents)

PS, definitely see why people say it smells like For Her by Narciso Rodriguez, they smell rather similar.

nathasya
nathasya

Lovely fragrance, fresh flower, elegant, charming...love it

aber19
aber19

I like this perfume a lot. I tried NR but I cannot justify the price. Therefore, I bought SJP's Lovely a EDP 100ml bottle at Priceline for $29.00 which was not bad. The secret to this fragrance is not place it on your skin, but spray it on your clothes. The reason I say this is firstly because of the short time it stayed on my skin equalling 3hrs. Yet, when I sprayed it on my clothes it lasted from 4pm to 8am the next day, and I can still smell it. I can smell whiffs of lovely rose, musk and lavender which is delicious. Yes, it is a safe but a comforting fragrance. I sprayed about 4-5 sprays on the clothes. My partner liked the perfume which is rare. While there are similarities to NR EDT, it may be richer and creamy. I like the lightness, resilience of this one. I think it is a haunting and feminine fragrance. Considering, I do not like Sarah Jessica Parker, the perfumer should be commended for this brilliant perfume. It is nicely balanced and a well rounded fragrance, without any bitter notes, and adds comfortably, class and confidence. When I wear the perfume on the skin, there is an artificial smell, which others have mentioned. That is why I recommend that people spray and walk into it, so you catch your clothes for a better and a longer lasting effect. The perfume is definitely excellent value for money for me. You will need to try this fragrance first. I think of innocent romance when I wear it.

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

I'm not quite as gaga over Lovely as others are though it is quite nice. I like NR For Her, its twin, and I'm a pretty big fan of amber, but I'm not a huge fan of musk. Musk figures largely in Lovely, along with lavender. I usually love lavender. In Lovely lavender blends so well with musk that it almost becomes indistinguishable. In other fragrances, lavender can add a nice dimension to fruit or slightly opposing accords. Lavender and musk make for a patient, calming, composed aura in Lovely. Lovely is not crazy feminine or overly sweet. Despite having a "fresh spicy" accord (according to Fragrantica), nothing sexy here. Just understated and graceful.

I don't really see myself wearing Lovely in the near future. It would be a great perfume for the office crowd 30+ over. Maybe I will revisit Lovely later.

hipchicagomom
hipchicagomom

I've been wearing Lovely ever since it first came out. I've always liked it a lot, have received countless compliments on it (even when I can't smell it on myself anymore) and every time I turned around it seemed like I was receiving it as a gift for some formality or another. I've been on the lookout for a signature scent for some time now, but as my luck would have it, my kids and friends now associate this scent with me through no effort of my own. My kids call it the "mommy perfume". So it looks like the perfume chose me this time, instead of the other way around, and my signature scent has been right under my nose all along (literally and figuratively). If I had it my own way, I'm not sure that I would have picked a celebrity scent as my signature (I know! I know! I gotta get that out of my head) but it has been difficult to find lately, much to the detriment of my family.

Dan
Dan

Can anyone confirm whether this has been discontinued?? As I've read it has been and its virtually impossible to find in stores now. I know the online market is saturated but the deeply discounted price suggests they are trying to get rid of all the remaining stock.

My wife loves it so will definitely stock up if its no longer available. Would be grateful if anyone could confirm this, thanks.

usualla
usualla

LOVELY is such a great fragrance. its fresh and spicy.a 20year old girl can wear it as well as a 40year old woman.thats what i like about it.lasts for quite a long time (about 6 hours on me).does not work great in warm weather

LeggysMum
LeggysMum

I really wish people would get over typing perfumes by perceived age categories. Lovely is quite lovely, youthful (yes, I know its hypocritical... lol) and lightly musk. And this is how it is on my skin. What we need to remember, is that our individual chemistry will absorb, amplify or tone down different notes. In this composition I actually smell rose, even though not listed, I have many rose scents and this falls among them, but again, this is my perception, based on my skin's reaction. It also happens to be similar on me, to Narciso Rodriguez for Her EDT, which I also own. It does not smell anything like this on others, but you'd need to try it on yourself.
The thing is I know a grandmother who likes (and suits) sweet fruity scents, and I know young girls who carry off heavy orientals....
Anyhooo, enough to say, on my skin, patchouli is non existent, so all I can say, is try for yourself, and if nothing else, when approaching perfumes, enjoy what you enjoy, (and who cares about what age it is supposed to be for) PS SORRY FOR THE RANT ;)

CitrusHead
CitrusHead

The initial spray of this fragrance is "lovely" on my skin - I really liked it. But then, within 30 minutes, the musk kicked in to dirty/stinky on me. I rarely have problems with musk but this one was particularly nasty. I had read somewhere that SJP loved "Skin Musk" which I also LOVE. I was hoping that was the style of musk in this but no - at least not on my skin. Maybe it's the combination with the patchouli? I usually really dislike patchouli but it didn't offend me so much as its own note in this fragrance. Very strange & very disappointing.

lilywhite13
lilywhite13

feminine, sexy, classy, I really love this fragrance!

Alley - D
Alley - D

Musk-a-licious

Aaarrgghhh SJP - if I could be any of the gals from Sex and the City I'd pick you.

redpsylocke
redpsylocke

I should admit that i bought this parfume in order to get a reasonble priced version of NR For Her (the parfume). They can be in the same ctaegory of musky flower(rose) scents but they are not really that similar. First of all my boyfriend loves both of them. The reason I mentioned that is he is very sensitive to plasticky, artificial smelly and sweet parfumes. This is a good sign for me to consider it of course but not enough. SJP lovely is very inoffensive despite the musk very clean flowery parfume. I can smell roses but lavender is the note that gives this clean feeling. My mother used to iron clothes using lavender water. Maybe that is the reason whenver i use this parfume i fell clean:) NR For her is also a rosey musk pafume but a noughtier one. I find NR sexier and way bolder than SJP. My sister loves SJP Lovely because of the same reasons I like it but she hates NR on me. The longevity however are not that good in both of them, despite the fact that it is sexier that reason makes NR For Her a bad choice to spend money on.

Glamamour
Glamamour

I got this for $15USD on a recent trip to The U.S.This smells like when you walk into a flower shop! It´s a very crisp clean scent. It´s been a heavy and light fragrance. In the end you are left with the soft musk, it´s very good for everyday. It´s a definite feminine scent, I think this would work for any age range really, it´s diverse enough to be worn by me or my grandmother.

chirobi
chirobi

I've been wanting to get this because many mention that it is similar to Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDP, and it smells lovely on my friend, whose skin amplifies the lavender notes, which doesn't exist in NR. So when I saw it for 30 bucks, I thought, "What the heck." I don't think I've been this disappointed since finding out transfats was bad for you. On my skin, it smells very cheap (cheaper than the 30 I spent on it) and synthetic, and the lavender just doesn't smell realistic at all.

Any similarites to NR For Her are only superficial. NR For Her lasts longer, and has a higher quality musk that gets better as it blends with my skin, and just tiers above Lovely. Lovely might just be lovely. But NR For Her is lovely, sexy, edgy, powerful, vulnerable, precious, and in a word, muli-faceted like the woman who's wearing it.

Mary-Jayne
Mary-Jayne

I was gifted this a few years ago, and I was indifferent really, but at the time had a very limited budget, I liked the person who gave it to me, and I had very few perfumes to choose from and didn't want to use my one or two more expensive ones for every day and work etc.

I tried to use it and, as I say initially I was indifferent, although it did frequently garner compliments, people often asked what it was and wear to buy it. But it just didn't move me at all.

I stopped using for a few months and when I went to put it on again, it just induced a terrible headache and I felt rotten. I tried again another day with similar results, it just was not right on me. Other people still seemed to like it on me, but I was growing to hate it. The bottle hadn't turned - but I had!

I am wondering if it is the orchid note as I am now starting to notice that quite often I am turned off by orchid notes, they turn sour-sharp on my skin.

Anyway, it did not work on me or for me but it seemed to be a crowd pleaser. So, if you like it it is probably a good bet, with good longevity and projection. But not for me. I'd be happy to never ever see this again.

heather62
heather62

I adore Lovely. I love this smell so so so much. Heavenly. I am going into total hoarder mode if this is really discontinued.

I tested Modern Muse one day when I was at Dillards. Walking around smelling my wrist thinking "I already have this smell - what is it?" Then it finally hit me - Lovely. They smell so much alike to me. Think I really prefer Lovely but I just wish it lasted longer. I have gone through my current bottle in record time. Such a comforting smell. Clean. Like a cloud.

manisha saboo
manisha saboo

Perfect for a fresh, happy day in office. It satys all day long. I love it. LOVELY!!!

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

A powdery, musky, woody floral with good sillage and lasting power when using several sprays.

I like it well enough as it is unoffensive but it doesn't have the 'wow' factor I prefer in my scents. Good for office and can be worn just about year round.

Bruxadomar
Bruxadomar

In me this smell like cheap soap word of advise get a sample first, gutted.

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

I love when a perfume is properly named. As others have mentioned Lovely is truly a lovely fragrance. I've had this fragrance for over a year now and every time I wear it I think the perfect descriptor word for it is it's name.

On my skin I find this fragrance to be cozy and comforting. The musk used in this makes me feel relaxed and at ease. The strongest note here is definitely the musk, but there is also a good dose of lavender,a tiny bit of the clean variety of patchouli, and a slight bit of warmth which might be from the amber. Lovely isn't the strongest fragrance around its quite light on my skin, but it does last. However, you can get more of a sillage with a few extra sprays. If you happen to stumble across this gem and you enjoy a good clean musk I suggest you pick up this gem. <3

armacoonsum
armacoonsum

From the approximately 17,000 reviews I'd read on this one, I feared I'd have anosmia for it, and at first spritz, was sure that was the case. I let it fester for a few minutes as recommended by some, and still... nothing much. I got a soft, pleasant cleanliness like I had just showered with some generic, hardly-scented soap, and boy, was I disappointed. I had been so excited. I washed my hand with fragrance-free soap and went about my evening. More than an hour later, I hopefully sniffed the back of my hand again, and there it was... subtle still, but at least *there*, a happy and intriguing little whiff of what many of you so accurately called "peppery" and "aromatic". What I got was probably patch and lavender (I am a big fan of both) but what I still missed was musk... and I am an even bigger fan of musk. I guess that to fully enjoy this one, I have to lavish it on like a body mist, and then take a shower... We'll see tomorrow, and I'll update.
UPDATE: What I did was oil up my inner arm & nape of neck with a nice neutral musk, wait an hour, and then mist my whole self liberally with Lovely. The result was definitely more staying power, and perhaps more sillage, since a coworker commented, "You smell great, again..." :) My verdict is this: Lovely, with me, is playing hard-to-get. She is lovely, indeed... her peppery soft cleanliness must be cozied right up to in order to be detected, but once it is, it is downright addictive. She has made a damn fool of me, this coy little tease, causing me to spend most of the day with my nostrils buried in the crook of my own arm. Tease! But, gorgeous. I will not quit. I will make her mine...

blondie88
blondie88

Today I put on a crisp white blouse, threw my blonde hair in a messy ponytail and a few spritzes of Lovely. This perfume is truely lovely and makes me feel so innocent but strong and confident at the same time.
In my opinion Lovely is a great fragrance for spring or autumn.

angelleew

There is no tactful way to say this, but I'll give it a go: it would seem that my body abhors white amber, and the combination of lavender and cedar with it does BAD things. I do have allergies, and tree pollen can give me quite a bit of trouble so I am not surprised that I can't wear some ambers. What my body does to Lovely, however, is anything but--I get a "rancid old-lady" smell from the lavender and white amber which turns the cedar into straight-up cat pee. Right from the first spray. I really would love to be able to experience this scent without my allergies and body chemistry mangling the it. I don't know any one who wears to see what it smells like on them, which may not even work as the fragrance seems to ramp-up bad chemistry in my nose. I also have gotten a whopper of a headache when trying this. I'll stick with SJP's NYC. I wonder if NR for Her would do the same?

lirael00
lirael00

Obviously it's similar to Narciso Rodriguez For Her. But there're some differences, specifically when it comes to drydown. For Her, turns into this very warm scent that radiates from your skin, while SJP's more cold, soulless and yes, synthetic. But nevertheless it's still a good fragrance. I like For Her, and I wanted something similar in my collection, but I didn't really love it, so a really good compensation for me was buying SJP's Lovely, as it's quite cheap compared to Narcisso Rodriguez one. So, my advice-if you totally adore For Her, save the money for it, but if you just kinda like it, buy Lovely, you'll save up a lot. Lovely also reminds me a little bit of Avon's Rare Diamonds. All in all, the sillage and longevity are both moderate, so totaly okey with me.

tyekristopher
tyekristopher

lovely by sarah jessica parker is beautifully comforting . It starts out with a pepper,soft floral opening almost creamy, I smell the lavender, probably one of the reasons why I find it so calming. This one will def pick you up on gloomy day. It also has a hint of powder to it as well. It is a very soft scent, you can spray on a bit and it still wouldn't offend anyone. It is easy on the senses, it is classy and is very different from a lot of other scents out there. I will admit that in my early teens when this came out I did not like it at all, I'm 26 now and find that is woody/floral scent is great and is beautiful in it's own right, lovely is the perfect name for this scent because it simply is lovely. This and fancy love by jessica simpson is one of my favorite celebrity scents both jessica's did a great job !

Octoberamy
Octoberamy

I loved this so much when I bought it, then one day I just could no longer stand it. The Patchouli and/or the Musk were too sharp and biting. Sold it on e-bay. Such a pretty bottle though, shame.

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

It really does smell so much like Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDP, but with a little less bite (which makes me curious as to how it compares to the EDT).

The difference for me is that NRFH is slightly sharper and drier, almost itchy to the nose (but I like it). So if you like the idea of toning NRFH down just a little, or just want to a cheaper alternative, try this out. Both are excellent.

michelle.p.stpierre
michelle.p.stpierre

Smells like being in a posh penthouse suite in Lower Manhattan, enjoying the view of the Hudson, and it's cocktail hour. Very glamorous. I wouldn't wear this to work simply because of this vibe, nor wear it as as a day scent, but this would make a great fragrance to wear while enjoying cocktails and dinner on the veranda or patio of a favorite restaurant/drinking establishment or informal evening parties and get-togethers in spring and early summer. Too much heat and humidity could kill this scent during the day anyway. Definitely best for evening during the spring or summer months especially when the humidity is low.

dawn.brooks.391
dawn.brooks.391

I have had a rollerball of this for maybe 2-3 years,and I so wanted to like it,as I love SJP,and really enjoy SJP NYC,so I thought I'd try it again.I used a recently acquired sample for the actual testing.I find it soft,and fairly inoffensive,office appropriate.But,I cannot get past the medicinal lavender.It takes a few minutes for it to kick in,but once I notice it,it's all I can smell!
I guess my skin just amplifies lavender,which is unfortunate for me.
I will most likely use my 8ml rollerball for a project finish this bottle,or add it to the box for a giveaway.Either way,I'm slightly disappointed,as I really wanted it to work for me.

stephanienwc
stephanienwc

Such a beautiful, soft, comforting smell! There aren't many scents I could wear to bed but this is one of them. Love!!!

Moonwalk Memorie
Moonwalk Memorie

Starts out like a sweet, citrus and lavender drink. Dries into patchouli pepper.

After trying this several times, I can finally say that while this is quite lovely, it's not for me.

Roslaug
Roslaug

I finally took a serious whiff at SJP's Lovely. This scent has been a flagship of "wearable florals" for years for millions of women. So it was about time for me to try.

I find the opening rather sharp. The bergamot and martini dominate and for me this mixture isn't attractive at all. It has the tinge of a person having had a bit too many drinks.

Fortunately the opening is quick to subside and the acute smell of alcoholism dies away. You're then greeted with a bouquet of non-obtrusive flowers, the lavender (which is supposed to be in the opening according to the pyramid) finally breaks out into full bloom and blends with orchid and pepper. A pretty and non-offensive concoction. This perfume carries it's name well.

This scent appeals to the masses and I can see why. It screams "sassy soccer mom". It's mostly for daywear and ages 30 and older.

Carnation
Carnation

Truly one of the most non offensive go to fragrances ever.
Lovely is all about lavender in the opening and drying down to a soft and cozy white musk floral.
SJP was very truthful in her description that any women can wear this. Indeed so.

Shwets
Shwets

I was close to purchasing this and thought that after a couple of sprays i should decide in ten minutes. But i couldnt smell anything! Then between 1.5-2.5 hours i was smelling a soft waft of Lovely. It is too light for me but pretty.

Dee5
Dee5

I am wearing this for the first time today and I'm not impressed. I bought this blindly because of all the rave reviews and because I heard it is musky and I love musk. Some negative reviews say it smells pungent or like mildew and they are right. I cannot smell anything but a faint smell of mildew. This smells better when I spray it on paper than on my skin. Smells a little like NR but definitely not in its league. And here I thought I had scored big for getting a $16 bottle of this instead of paying more for NR. I am disappointed, I had such high hopes for this.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: I didn't like this perfume the first few times I tried it - I think something was off with my bottle or I got some old juice. But now, that I have given it a few more chances, it smells great. I like it. Still not in the league of NR but smells similar.

amyewest
amyewest

I really can't distinguish much other than the musk and wood notes, but that's just fine. I wanted a warm scent for winter that wasn't loaded with Amber & vanilla and this works perfectly. Plus, it makes a nice base for Donna Karan Essences Jasmine. The Jasmine is so light on its own that it's barely there & fades super fast. The two together feel like a warm afternoon. Lovely's very reasonably priced to boot. Nice change from the usual sticker shock.

rosagarcia163
rosagarcia163

Absolutely love this perfume its sophisticated AND sexy something I feel really makes you stand out.

nitschevo

A while ago I already commented on Lovely but feel the need to write a second review because Lovely comes closest to a signature scent for me :) It is similiar to NR For Her but still unique. It is musky, floral and sexy but also sophisticated in my opinion. Sillage and longevity is great. For me it works for a lot of different occasions - work, dinner, party... I get a lot of compliments when wearing Lovely and also discovered that when standing in front of my collection and unsure what to wear I always choose Lovely. It is lovely indeed - give it a try! Oh and do not let the initial spritz scare you - it mellows out after 2-3 minutes :)

cavk
cavk

I really like this perfume and am surprised with many aspects of it. First, the scents work and work well, I can smell all the notes and they are very pleasant. I can continually throughout the day smell the perfume on me with pleasure. I have been told that the strength of the scent is not strong but others can smell the perfume as well. I have been tracked down across a department store and told I smell lovely. This just simply doesn't happen to me so I felt like a princess and will always remember and love this perume for giving me that moment! Lots of perfumes can leave me with a headache but this one does not - I felt this was important to mention. Please give it a try to see if it works with you it will be worth it if it does. Really worth it.

KateAnette
KateAnette

Warning negative review.
If you like Lovely, please don't thumb this down. I often find negative reviews very useful, especially when considering a blind buy.

I got 2 sealed full bottles of Lovely for free (long story). As I've been curious about this perfume for a long time, I was thrilled. Based on the reviews it's supposed to smell like one of my all time favorites, Narciso Rodrigues For her EdT. I'm not a perfume snob, I love a good deal and own several celeb perfumes. A cheaper alternative to my fave, very much worth a try I thought.
It is kind of similar to NR, yes. Where NR dries down to a lovely orange and sexy musk, and blends in perfectly with my skin, Lovely doesn't. Lovely stays very sharp and chemical/ synthetic smelling till the end. The good news to those who likes Lovely is that the longevity is great + 15 hours on me.

This is overall nothing even close to the quality of NR. Celeb perfumes like this are what gives celeb perfumes a bad name. Lovely is a cheap smelling knock- off. It's affordable, and you get exactly what you pay for. Yumcheesys description nailed it: scented nail polish remover.
Rant over, sorry, I really wanted to like this.

jht4060
jht4060

The inside story of SJP Lovely, as told by Chandler Burr in "The Perfect Scent" is interesting but saddening. Parker is apparently fascinated by scents and had an idea for an unusual perfume. After much trouble on the part of her manager, she found a company to make it, and they talked her out of her interesting idea and into a mainstream celebrity scent. Burr doesn't exactly say this, but it sounds very much as if they extorted her into changing her idea with the threat of dropping the project because it wouldn't sell big. (Burr comes close enough to saying this that one wonders if he feared a lawsuit from Coty if he were more frank.) I should add that SJP had more than an idea - she had mixed various other scents, including one of uncertain pedigree from a street vendor, and created something she loved. It is only tangentially similar to Lovely (at least according to Chandler Burr). Apparently the bottle sticks to SJP's ideas though, so that is something to be happy about. The 30 billion dollar per year Machine didn't break her completely.

By the way, also according to Burr, most other celebrity scents have nothing whatever to do with the celebrity except for marketing (and making a lot of money for Ms. X or Mr. Z). At least SJP was actually involved in planning and testing her perfume. Also SJP herself has class, unlike certain other celebrities, for example one with the initials BS.

all4knowledge
all4knowledge

Lovely is impressive for a celeb scent. It doesn't try to be everything to everybody. It seems Sarah Jessica Parker wanted to create something unique and her perfumers listened.

I like the spiciness of Lovely. It gives the fragrance a little bite and maturity but not so much as to be off-putting. To my nose, it's a nice combo of spice and aromatic white woods with just a whiff of a floral note.

I wear it when I'm feeling assertive yet feminine.

sierramae
sierramae

Ok so I bought this 'cause I heard that Lovely and NR for Her EDP are twin sisters. I tried it on and indeed, there's no mistaking about it.

I never had sillage or longevity issues with Lovely, as it was very identical to NR for Her, it worked well with my body chemistry and definitely lasted for hours. I do not understand how others find it a boring scent. I get heaps of compliments whenever I put this perfume on. Very sexy and very feminine. And I think a very sophisticated, grown up scent too.

Price-wise, I do prefer this as it does not break the bank. I got it for a clearance price of AUD 24.00. However, I do go back to NR for Her whenever I feel the need to splurge.

Overall, I believe it is a great alternative to the tad expensive NR for Her.

ruski-lady
ruski-lady

I love this! Oh so crisp - but not in a juicy or fresh way. Crisp in a 'dew on flowers' kind of way. Longevity is great, sillage is great too. I can't understand why people say it is plain and soapy. So much more delicate, complex and feminine. I love wearing this to the office for a subtle scent or during the day when I'm out with the girls and want to feel girly and feminine.
In terms of the notes, I could have sworn there was rose in this but I guess I was wrong. Lovely nonetheless!

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

It was a blast of straight up soap on me. Nothing to write home about. Glad I did not blind buy!

ralucucky
ralucucky

On me, it smells quite cheap and ordinary. Good for office, I guess, not offensive at all, but also boring.

yumcheesy
yumcheesy

I wanted to like this, it's beautiful in the bottle- but on me it smells like scented nail polish remover.

LisaMari
LisaMari

The citrus notes are balanced perfectly with the musk and amber. Lovely. A delicate, fresh, cashmere type scent.

selenehdez
selenehdez

Si tiene un aire a los narcisos, y al guerlain, como que comparten el mismo tipo de musc; pero a diferencia del NR for her EDT, que es muy cálido y tierno y del idylle de guerlain que es muy fresco, alegre; este queda en mi, con un olor masculino que no me gusto nadita (será la lavanda combinada con la orquídea?).

Algo así me pasa con el euforia de calvin Klein, que en mi queda muy masculino.

mamufa
mamufa

On me it turns out bitter, sharp and masculine.
Thank you, but NO!

EvaMG
EvaMG

Classy musk. The lavender note, however, is too sharp and all in all, this fragrance is too cold to my taste.

I won't repurchase again though I love SJP and the bottle is really pretty.
It has nothing to do with Narciso Rodriguez, BTW. Nothing at all, only the note of musk, but sooo different.

vv1978
vv1978

heaven clean and soapy fresh a favorite since it began!
My boyfriend at the time loved scents but he thought this too plain not offensive, but for me it is a perfume for me everyday casual fragrance that has a lavender lasting clean that lasts! not cloying at all ever fresh fresh fresh!

comperbee
comperbee

My first review! I'm not very good with describing what notes each perfume smells off..sorry. But this is going to be a classic perfume. I can guarantee that every time I wear it I get asked 'What are you wearing, it's lovely' - to which I say, yes it is!' and then have to explain :-)
The point is scents smell differently on everyone.. as I've found out to my detriment on many occasions. But Lovely actually smells similar on everyone who I've recognised wearing it. It has a definite sillage of about arms length and as people walk by leaves a Lovely lingering scent. I've not yet found anyone who doesn't like it. Longevity is about 4/5 hours which is excellent for me as I have a real problem keeping scents on my skin! so much so that there's a few that I never buy again (Eli Saab being one) as I get through a bottle far too quickly as I have to spray too much each time just so it can be smelt! Lovely is always one of the perfumes that I put on my present list :-)

wistfulmaiden
wistfulmaiden

A lot of differing opinions on this one! I worked near a perfume counter for the past five years so we would try on fragrances when we were bored. I remember being surprised by Lovely and by the fact that despite the somewhat bitter opening note I actually liked it. There is also a mossy quality and something akin to reading old books in frot of a fire, with maybe a bit of rum. In a warm cozy way. There is musk but not dirty musk, I like that this perfume was partly inspired by Skin Musk which is love.
Id really like to smell this again.

AdrianB
AdrianB

I was gifted this by a wonderful member here.

On me, Lovely's opening is very...lemony and crisp. I think it's the bergamot and/or apple martini, but at first I don't get any musk or lavender. I get something that vaguely resembles Light Blue minus the disinfectant. And usually lemony=not nice for me.

BUT!!! Lovely dries down & THEN I get the musk & lavender that I was seeking. There is still a tiny hint of lemon but it's very faint, like the scent of a citrusy shampoo. I can handle that. The drydown is quite nice, nice enough to where I can get past the opening.

Longevity & sillage could be better, but as a child of the 80s I'm used to Poison, Obsession & Giorgio, so there is that. I have to reapply about every 3 hours & on me it's very much a skin scent.

This would be a very nice work scent and/or summer perfume. Lovely is also IMO potentially quite versatile, and I think I will try some layering with it as well, maybe with a lavender lotion and Skin Musk body spray. If you like citrus, I'd suggest layering with a lemony or green apple lotion or spray to bring out the bergamot/apple martini notes.

lcommisso
lcommisso

Yes, the dry down smells like Narcisco Rodriguez. However, I think there is the smallest, teeny-tiniest hint of Jessica Simpson's Fancy Nights in there. Like 9 parts NR and 1 part JSFN. And again, another TJ Maxx buy, a large bottle for $30.

cinnamonswirl
cinnamonswirl

Lovely is an elegant musky floral that is light and feminine but with a touch of sexiness. It smells far more expensive than its price would suggest. As others have pointed out, it's very similar to Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDP. It's not the most original fragrance out there, but it's a brilliant dupe of NP and, crucially, it's much cheaper. The bottle is very cute too.

lubaina
lubaina

Ahh..finally i bought it after wanting it for 2 years.In my country its a little pricy.so i end up buying other scents but this time i ordered it on ebay.i just love it and fortunately it lasts all day on my clothes.i only need 2/3 sprays. about the scent,after initial spicy opening it smells like jasmine and tuberose petals thrown together in water and the drydown is powdery sweet with musk.i am a big floral lover(both fresh and froral woody musk).for me its a cooling scent.but in summer on skin it smells warmer.undoubtedly my most fab and though ilove my other perfumes ,somehow i am reaching for it almost everyday now.
Edit:ok today i wore it on skin and it smells much different.on skin i dont get all cool flowers rather its a well mix of flower,wood and musk and i love it both ways haha.

plaintain1
plaintain1

I wear this one every other day. Really like it. It has a nice clean crisp smell but does not last long and probably have to 'top up' twice in a day.

jinty05
jinty05

I like to spray this on my clean crisp bedsheets at night.
There is just something so soothing about this fragrance that I just can't get enough.
As a man, I have worn it out before and have always been questioned by other guys as to which kind it is that I am wearing. The patchouli on my skin is excellent and it doesn't smell very feminine as maybe it would on my bedsheets.

Anyway, I like it!

Scout
Scout

This is bitter, almost masculine. Somewhat powdery. Unique. Does not work on my skin. My mother loves this and she also loves Tova, but this is not as sweet as Tova. Test test test.

Broseph
Broseph

Horse laughing woman make good perfume. Smell nice like clean toilet room.

halloween27
halloween27

Anyone else smell chocolate in this? Sadly this doesn't last too long on me, which is strange because other perfumes really stick to me. Relaxing scent.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

I am really having fun discovering new perfumes! I am more of a spice girl with scents. I decided to give this a go. It is more floral then I usually like however it's unusual. Not a scent I have smelled before. Although it is not love and first sniff, it's not hate either. I will allow it to settle and see how my chemistry likes it, most importantly my husband. The perfume appears to have good Sillage. I will report later on the lasting power.

Here is an update several hours later: I can still smell a generous scent from my wrist and I must say I can safely say I do love this perfume. Definitely a safe fresh bet!

Purplebunnie
Purplebunnie

I absolutely love this one & layer it whenever I can. I'm not a Sex and The City fan & will run the opposite direction to a 'celeb' perfume. However, in a glossy mag that I bought & read, there was one of those 'smelly' pages where you rub your wrists on to try the scent. I still didn't try the scent but this amazing aroma kept coming up from the magazine rack, I had to try it & haven't looked back! I love it, I wear this as often as I can, it is definitely my signature fragrance. However, I can't wear the same fragrances as my mum or sisters for some reason, I turn them all citrusy & I have to wash them off. I guess we've all got our unique skin pH & oil levels & this scent definitely works with mine>

Wilka
Wilka

Oh! Everybody's written about this fragrance! I simply love it. I think it's ideal for our Southern early Spring, here in Uruguay, South America. Classic, ultra-feminine, discreet enough. Just "Lovely"!

yellowmarigolds
yellowmarigolds

I love this perfume to bits. There's nothing quite like it among the rest of my perfumes (florals, a good sprinkle of rose scents, and a couple of fruity and gourmands). There's just something about it that's warm, but not the sweetly warm scent of vanilla; floral, but not a big heavy bomb; fresh, with a bitter note, but not quite fruity; musky without being heavy and dirty... the balance is amazing. The notes quietly envelop you and don't fight for attention but sit there, gracefully, waiting to be discovered. It's like wrapping myself in my favorite shawl. A lovely, ladylike scent.

Mirabele
Mirabele

It is very flowery. But you also have to like musk to like this one. I don't get any wood here, ufortunately. It is lovely, yes it is lovely. Very youthful and girly too. I do not see it as similar to NR for Her. Lovely is definitely more floral to my nose, while NR is very musky. I love the bottle and the price is very nice too. Longevity is not impressive, maybe 3 hours on me, but for that price, you can afford to reapply often.
Not sweet, rather bright and chilly, makes me think of a laid back carefree young woman, spontaneous and easy going. Light, daytime definitely, for work, lunches on weekends or lazy Sunday evenings at home.
I really see why so many like it. Lovely is definitely not my taste, but there is nothing I can complain about here. It really is a nice fragrance. As a blind buy, it could have been much worse for me. I am going to give it some more chance just out of respect, but eventually I will swap or just give away. Somebody said that you learn more from a fragrance you dislike than from a fragrance you love. This is the case for me. I am realizing that I do not like flowers anymore. I have also confirmed what I only suspected before; musk and I are no friends. In Lovely it smells like somebody else’s yesterday clothes, so for me it is nearly impossible to wear something like that without feeling weird. I also feel a bit too mature for a scent like this, like it is too weak to balance me, like it has no power to affect me, like it has nothing to give.

EDIT. i couldn't really wear this for almost a year, something here smelled BO, unwashed skin and sweaty armpits. I put it to swap many times, but nobody wanted it. Then, a year later, i kind of changed my mind about NR line, and got the similarity of SJP Lovely to NR. Moreover, i decanted Lovely to roll-on, so that to avoid that sharp smell in the opening. Lucky me, the BO note magically dissapeared! I think my nose got more trained after a year of testing and i was able to smell this "differently". I am very happy this happened. It is now one of my most used perfumes. I still do not find it sexy, not in the same way as NR line, but i can use it and enjoy it very often.

jessbug
jessbug

The first time I tried this it really reminded me of NR EdP. Since I own both I decided to test them side by side, and I can say that Lovely smells a lot cleaner than NR EdP. I actually feel that Lovely could be the daughter of NR EdP (the more floral, 'pink' part) and NR Essence Eau de Musc (the clean, detergent-like musk part).

While that dirtier side to NR EdP is not my favorite, it does make NR more interesting. Lovely is slightly more boring to my nose, even though she is technically more pleasant to me. The drydown of NR EdP wins over Lovely's drydown, but not by enough to justify the 3-4 times higher price.

Lovely's longevity is about four hours on me, pretty much the same as NR EdP. I do own and enjoy NR EdP, but since Lovely is so much cheaper I'm not sure I will rebuy NR once it's gone. I might just decide to stick with Lovely...

BetterJuice
BetterJuice

Yesterday I went to Ross with $20 to go toward a new fragrance. The two most interesting choices I saw: Sarah Jessica Parker's Lovely and Jennifer Lopez's Glow. Because Glow was an EDT and Lovely was an EDP I felt that Lovely would be the better buy. Plus, I feel a special kinship with SJP since one of her favorite scents is the drugstore classic Skin Musk and as a teenager that's the first fragrance I ever bought.

Well....given my love for sillage monsters Glow probably would have been the better pick. On the other hand, I do like one thing about Lovely. One of its notes is lavender and since I've had a hard time drifting off to sleep lately I sprayed some on before I went to bed. I went on to have the most vivid and yes, lovely, dream. I could even remember details of it when I woke up this morning.

Lovely the fragrance? Oh, that weas long gone.....no trace of it lasted on my skin at all thru the night. But if there's any chance that it lulled me into that great dream I'm not (too) mad.

Now if only I could dream up something great to layer with it...

Palma Rose
Palma Rose

Well I am very sorry to say that I disagree with everyone who loves this perfume. The first spray issued forth a most unwelcome blast of a smell resembling nail varnish remover without the stringent top note. I thought it might be my chemistry that prevented it from developing into something nice, but I have since smelt it on someone else and it was the same, an almost gagging experience. I really wanted to like this, as I paid a good price for it, but it was not to be. It is now selling half price on a certain website, and no wonder.

leighhannah
leighhannah

It's nice, pleasant, and completely unremarkable. I've never felt so neutral about a fragrance. It reminds me of the old Jessica McClintock perfume. Glad I only bought a sample of this as I was so intrigued by what I read about this perfume and...eh. I don't even want to wear the rest of the sample so maybe I'll put in in the washing machine with a load of sheets. :p

Maddlesbubbles
Maddlesbubbles

First time I inhaled this I was 14 years old with my mother and grandmother doing Christmas shopping, one spray on a little piece of cardboard and I was hooked, I took it home and couldn't stop smelling it, once the scent wore off I kept the cardboard to remind me. I didn't purchase it for myself until I was 15, I always remembered loving it so I tracked it down and fell inlove with it all over again, my first real relationship I donned Lovely, so anytime I smell it now there's a huge story behind it for me, but certainly not an unpleasant one. It reminds me of school, being carefree, Christmas holidays and first love, I still buy it occasionally and it's always a pleasant experience.

It's a very musky smell, I once got into a car with a couple of friends and one exclaimed "you smell like an old lady". I find it very clean and refreshing, classy and soft. It's definitely not a sexy smell, more a comforting smell. Kind of innocent and reserved.I absolutely love it and I probably always will, but perhaps my opinion is a bit biased as I've made so many memories in this scent and I have an emotional attachment to it.

bailarina
bailarina

I just received it (blind buy) and tested it. Now I understand all the comments, positive and negative. The opening reminds me of Gucci by Gucci because it's a woody-MUSK + patchouli, but slightly different drydowns. The thing is that you either like musky pachouli scents (and they work with your skin chemistry) or they smell like sweaty dirty humanity to you. This one, to me, actually opens very strong but settles into a soft, close to skin, scent that is very similar to the fragrance of clean skin. I would wear it during spring, fall and winter, day or night, but never during a hot day. I hope this review helps.

valyapiz
valyapiz

Don't know what is smells of, kind of old fashioned smell, too strong for me, gives me a headache.. Had to give it away. Did not like it at all and can not call it "lovely", sorry.

Turtledove
Turtledove

Starts with a brisk, aromatic lavender, then settles into a smooth, warm, soothing kind of musk. It reminds me of a nice cream or lotion, it's a softly soapy, barely-there kind of scent. It's hard to describe, but I definitely agree with the similarity to Narciso Rodriguez for Her, it has the same kind of smooth muskiness, I think it's the bergamot/musk combo that does it. I don't get patchouli from it at all, thankfully.

It's odd, I disliked this the first time I tried it, it felt like it had a dry/dusty quality, like dried flowers (maybe the lavender?) or old fashioned makeup or something, but somehow it just doesn't bother me now, it's very soothing and soft. This would make a good inoffensive office perfume, and it's a little unusual since it's light without being fresh or aquatic.

smoothshoperator
smoothshoperator

This fragrance lives up to its name. I am thinking about trying this as a new signature fragrance. It has such a sweet opening and a musky soft finish, very feminine. I love lavender fragrances. I really do. I only have a few sample vials right now, but I am considering wearing this for the winter. I'll bet it would be nice on a cold day under a cozy sweater. I don't get any one specific smell from this perfume, but it is just very gentle and pleasing to the nose. Something is reminiscent of White Shoulders somehow, I don't know how, maybe it is the sweetness, however, Lovely is not overly sweet. I find it to be very feminine not masculine at all. LOVELY.

MarillaV
MarillaV

I very much enjoy the balance and structure of this perfume. Everything seems to blend so well, each note is there, but they are not trying to outdo one another. Each one is playing nice and getting along. I find there is not one note I enjoy more than the others, but I love smelling them all getting along so well. The end result is a gorgeous fresh musk with just enough lavender to keep it pretty. As it develops, it just gets deeper and more woody. This one got my husband's attention!

judyahn
judyahn

awesome, beautiful smelling fragrance with poor longevity and the softest sillage....so sad that this can't smell any stronger or more powerful. Lovely, but gone too fast.

margoess
margoess

Something about this did not work on my skin *at all*. I just got out of a 2.5-hour movie, suffocating in my seat and feeling terrible for anyone who was sitting around me. It started out fine enough--lightly floraly, citrusy fresh--but after 45 minutes or so, my one test spritz turned overbearing and sour and shockingly loud. Maybe the patchouli?? All I know is I could not wait to get out of the theater so I could scrub my arm off. It's a shame, because I liked the opening more than I thought I would, and the bottle is quite pretty. Can't win 'em all, I guess!

shellpol

Mmmmmuuuuaaaahhhh..... The bestest fragrance in the world...my signature...exactly what I was looking for...thanks sjp...

cottonpop
cottonpop

Lovely but also generic. Safe, it's ladylike, but too safe for my liking.

naen
naen

True by its name, indeed a lovely perfume. Delicate but full of personality, discreet but There. Close to the skin, a lady pefume.
The bottle design is excellent, appearently simple but wonderful chosen for this scent. Small details are those who count: the small cap and its texture, the gray ribbon and that shade of pink.
And let's nor forget the pepper note!
This is just perfect for office or for a first date. Great price as well, give it a chance!

Alessia C
Alessia C

Really love this one. High quality perfume. I love a clean fragrance that doesn't smell like fruit, or spices. This is Lovely, light. Nice bottle. This is a very feminine and floral body fragrance. I get compliments from men and women when I wear it. Love the scent but the scent does not last...It must be reapplied often.

calyx93
calyx93

Very musky with a slight floral halo - darker than I had imagined - a little bit generic, but at least it's not a fruit-chouli or a gourmand. Goes on with some strength with bergamot but doesn't seem to last very long and I'm not really getting much from the other notes like the cocktail and such - they're rather light & subtle. The round, pear-tinged musk with bergamot is what's most noticeable to me.

Overall, it's a very nice fragrance - has a certain serenity to it - and is certainly better that the majority of its contemporaries. I've taken to spraying it onto clothing - along with other fabrics like curtains and throw pillows too - which helps a little with the longevity and makes a lovely environment scent.

HollyGolightly91
HollyGolightly91

This perfume really is LOVELY! :)

Calatea
Calatea

I really wanted to like it, as the opening note reminds me of Narcisso R. EdT, I bought a 30ml bottle unsniffed, but I am obviously totally anosmic to it, cause I don't smell anything after a while... People say it smells nice on me, but I cannot say. Too bad.

camarillo
camarillo

well Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely is my first perfume. this is smells good, lavender and the perfume is soft for me. many people around me give me attention when I wear this.

rebelle rose
rebelle rose

Was really looking forward to recieving my bottle of this, ordered a 100ml edp from a quality website. have been looking for a signature scent for some time and the reviews for this were so good.....one spray and 2 hours later ive listed it on ebay im sad to say! Awful! Straight away gave me a banging headache, and reminded me of the sort of scent that might waft from a lady in her 80's (apologies to the many that love it, im sure it smells Lovely on other people, different body chemistry and all that!) So my search for a signature perfume continues......

leizl
leizl

At less than $30 USD, I didn't think too long about blind-buying Lovely by SJP. When the bottle arrived - and after reading good reviews on Fragrantica, plus Amazon, and then viewing video-reviews on YouTube - it was with much anticipation that I finally tried it.

Immediately after spraying it on my arm, I thought it was horrible. And, I mean, HORRIBLE. It was a sharp, bitter smell. I coughed, and then held my nose. I did notice that the atomizer sprayed steadily and evenly. That was of little consolation, however, as my next thought was, it's a shame that a horrible concoction is now evenly coated on my arm.

After 10-15 minutes, I slowly began to realize what many folks have been banging on about. After 30 minutes, I was already planning to buy a backup bottle. After an hour, I was sniffing my arm (like Dennis Hopper in "Blue Velvet") to make sure I was not wrong about the now wholly different aroma on my arm. The scent slowly morphed to something sensual, intimate - and more and more delicious.

I think that, what I initially thought was horrible, was the acrid permeation of the bergamot. But the drydown, especially after about an hour, is - wow - sublime. And, I mean, SUBLIME.

I liked how someone else's review noted that this is a "polite white musk." I would only add that, it is also sexy and, no doubt, classy (thus, polite). Count me among the many who think Lovely is positively lovely.

deliberateangel

I bought this because I read an article where SJP stated she loves Skin musk and Egyptian musk and mixed them together. I love musk and Skin Musk is an all time favorite.
I cannot stand this or wear this perfume. It's a bergamont bomb. It's overwhelming and smells just " earl grey tea" to me. The dry down is bergamont oozing all over the unidentifiable ingredients. If there is lavendar and musk, it got ate and turned into toxic waste by the bergamont. I found this perfume repulsive.

cwolf

I find it strange that so many people find this to be a masculine or unisex scent. I think it is the most feminine fragrance I own. I think its the perfect office scent and wear it most days. Its not offensive but its also not boring. I don't think many people would flat out hate the smell. Its also a very reasonable price and has great sillage and longevity. I can smell it on my clothes for days. I'd categorise it as a musky floral - but a polite white musk, nothing skanky. On my skin I get a bit of a raspberry/grape top note, something reminiscent of bubble gum - I have not seen that mentioned or listed.
I think its a real classic of its time. I think it will be well regarded in the future.

levinebabe
levinebabe

This is, by far, the best fragrance a celebrity can made yet. It is very feminine, well blended. The musk gives me an out-of-the-shower feeling. Fresh, but not fruity. I agree with Mrs. Parker, this fragrance can be worn by any generation. In fact, I do think this can be unisex too. At my first try, I found it to be bland and not really long-lasting. But I enjoyed it as time passes. I sprayed some behind my ears. It stays up to 8 hours that way. This is also a fit for every occasion, may it be formal or casual, May it be winter or summer, Lovely still fits just rightly. I rarely reach out for celebs, but this? This can be my new signature because Alien is quite pricey to stay! My mom tried my bottle and she was immediately in love! She rarely likes my frags, even the safest ones. She asked me to order her a bottle for herself, the first time I have two same fragrances in full bottle form. Lovely is not pricey, it does worth to give a try, or blind buy. Even if you don't like it, I believe someone you know would love it!

Update : Lovely is now my temporary signature. I feel like needing to smell it every other day.

one2evolve
one2evolve

This is clearly a well formulated and very classy fragrance. There is nothing at all “cheap” smelling about it. It is very aromatic, reminiscent of men’s fragrance … unfortunately, it is far, far too musky for me. It is unique and I am glad I tried it but it has no place in my collection.

pipergirl
pipergirl

I've seen so many good reviews/comments about this perfume that I've been wanting to try it for a while I just couldn't seem to find a tester at any of the stores that I went to. Well, today I was finally able to sample this beauty and I'm glad that I did! First impression: Lovely smells like the sort of fragrance that a really nice and refined lady would wear - whether to work, at home, a baby shower, a wedding or out somewhere (dinner/lunch/movies/shopping/school/church, etc). It's a light fresh, floral musk that just seems somehow....appropriate, timeless, ageless. It can be dressed up or down and would be perfect for those times when you want to smell fresh, feminine, classy but not too flashy. Pretty. I did not hesitate to buy a bottle of my very own :).

T1
T1

If this perfume were a woman, I'd give her a lap-quilt and a good dose of smelling salts. Wan, delicate, pale and insipid, she's a sort of hide-and-seek fragrance that does all the hiding...

One, two, three... Where are you???

The game quickly becomes dull because ohhhh, Ms Lovely is feeling a little too frail to come outside and play again.

Either that or my nose has been completely nuked from wearing Montale, Piguet, Clinique's AE, Mauboussin - all king hitters on the softball team of my humble perfume stash.

harikaevre
harikaevre

its a clean,fresh,delicate , soft,feminine and romantic scent which is suitable for any age in any season. I love it.

NataleeM
NataleeM

This is the only celebrity fragrance I care enough for to buy. And I will continue to forever.
When I first smelt it a few years ago it was in the midst of summer and I thought is was ghastly. Perhaps I was a bit of a sugar head back then. It was on super special this winter and I thought why not give it a real try? Well. Wow. So feminine and just delightful. I don't even usualy dig florals! Smells expensive, subtle,classic, beautiful. Bloody perfect in my opinion. I need one spritz of the edp and I'm very secure in the fact that I smell LOVELY. It lasts well on me.

Ttirem3
Ttirem3

It's okay--to me it's not particularly special. The longer it's on the softer it gets which is nice. It's a bit too strong for me and something about it feels repeitive an annoying. I love swet scents and there is a hint of masculinity in it that turns me off.

erica_74
erica_74

This is Narciso Rodriguez EDP but with a sharper lavender note and less longevity.

If you are on a budget and want something similar but low cost, then this is it.

A "lovely" scent but not original at all.

I can only justify its existence as a dupe.

daintypink01
daintypink01

indeed a lovely fragrance! but the scent doesn't last long.

IsaIsabella
IsaIsabella

A lot of patchouli, mildly floral with a hint of musk and pepper.

Is this a classy scent? Maybe. It is definitely not the silly gourmands churned out by celebrities these days.

It's not groundbreaking, but would be a nice day scent for someone in a neat little dress.

lil_odessa
lil_odessa

I admit I purchased this entirely on its reputation for being a good substitute for Narciso Rodriguez--one of my faves and a go-to for everyday wear. I was not disappointed: it certainly is lovely, and very much like NR, but more of a combination of the EDT and EDP, with more white floral character and a little less rose accord. The pepper and amber warm it up and keep it from being too sharply floral, but the drydown is noticeably stronger than NR. Still, an absolute bargain, now that it can be had for a song on eBay and some discounters. It's a shame it didn't make more of an impact in the current big fruity gourmand marketplace.

This is mainly a musk fragrance to me. I do get some very mild lavender, a touch of patchouli and even a slight tang of gin from the martini note, but it's still predominately musk.
I find the opening quite floral, but the dry down is softly soapy and gender neutral. As another reviewer said, it's sort of a white noise fragrance.
It's a perfume for when you don't want to smell like you're wearing perfume.

susie2013
susie2013

lovely is the scent i wear for work as its so clean and delicate. i also wear it on the days when i just don't feel like myself (i usually like big yummy gourmands).
i do really like it, infact its really quite beutiful, it so classy and understated. so, its just not me at all. it is truly lovely..... but thats it. in all honesty, i most often wear it when i am having a bad hair day.

harini_20
harini_20

It's a very clean, delicate and little warm frag:))) my dad gifted me this one it reminds me as though I'm in garden of roses and lavender!!!! The jus surrounds everywhere its sooooo lovely!!!! The name says it all:))))

maria contesa
maria contesa

I love this fragrance...love it...

coockie

Thanks for the tip Missliberty!:)

At BeautyBase. They also sell it on their website, but at £19.99

coockie

Missliberty11 where did you find a 100ml bottle for that price?
Thanks

missliberty11

Bought this today along with CK Eternity, because the 100ml was on sale for £16.95. What a bargain! I was introduced to this fragrance in 2008 in Casablanca, Morocco, and was strangely drawn to the scent for that it was soft, subtle, not overpowering and yet sensual. It was for a wedding celebration, and although I had Miss Dior Cherie, Flowerbomb and D&G The One around to use, it was Lovely I picked. It just feels right for warm summer days. I didn't like it in winter and gave my first bottle later to my niece. Now that spring is here and I have it again after 5 years, I really like it. It is a great for being a celebrity perfume and although much more affordable than other brands, it doesn't smell cheap. I like the musky notes, haven't smelled the lavender at all. Not sure yet about longevity - don't forget after a while it's difficult to smell your own perfume. If you 'detect' it even many hours, then you can be sure you've overdone it IMO. Lovely is a fragrance that is soft, feminine and sensual. The woman who wears this, is exactly like that - sensual, feminine, independent, self-confident, yet romantic at heart, maybe with longer hair. I will use this for summers and look forward to wearing Lovely in a warm climate, as I'm soon moving to a hot country.

Renata tang
Renata tang

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!

Bandit

On my skin it is extremely aromatic, it should be called "aromatic musk". The lavender never goes away on my skin, but this is a good thing! There are not too much aromatics for women out there, so this is a nice addition.

It is on the safe side, though. As I mentioned in a review before it is very weak, so you need to reapply constantly. It is one of my work fumes (pt), as I find it clean, aromatic, unobstrusive and overall very likeable. I cannot think of somebody feeling repalled by it, although not everybody wants to smell like it, I suppose.

I would disagree with others, who said in their reviews Lovely is perfect for the big evening; for that kind of occasions I have tons of better fumes, more interesting, deeper, stronger, more edgy, darker, more classy, you name it.

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

This perfume is easily the most luxurious fragrance I've ever owned. The combination of musk and lavender is absolutely divine. Wearing this fragrance doesn't feel like a layer of alcohol and oils sitting on your skin...it feels much more like a warm, silky layer of satin over my skin. It has the scent of a beautiful second-skin, but it has the sillage and lasting power of a Mugler-esque sillage bomb.

It's warm and luxurious, but not overly floral and not at all fruity. It's very fresh and delicious.

The most prominent notes I detect are musk, lavender, patchouli, and rosewood. The lavender isn't gross and sharp like in air fresheners and bad cologne. The patchouli is rich, clean, and fancy (which means it doesn't overpower or smell like a hippie). The rosewood is perfectly exquisite! I have a small battle of rosewood oil that I can't hardly use because it's so strong and tangy...But here, it's simply magnificent, as a means of anchoring the other notes.

The beautiful thing about this perfume is that it contains notes that are usually monstrously strong, but it keeps them tame and dainty.

This perfume lasts a pretty long while on me, usually about four or five hours. On my heated, sweat-glistened body, four to five hours is a magnificent lasting power for a perfume.

This is one of those that I get to brag about, because people always smell it on me and LOVE it. It smells expensive, timeless, and vintage, but still fresh and youthful.

I can tell SJP really injected herself into this perfume, which is something that makes celebrity fragrances so admirable, because it's like you're taking a piece of your favorite idols with you. This is what distinguishes the cheap fruit cocktail celebrity fragrances from the TRUE classy celebrity perfumes. As with White Diamonds (Elizabeth Taylor), Truth or Dare (Madonna), L Lamb (Gwen Stefani), it's not all about what's going to sell well and please everyone...it's more about preserving a celebrities character in a fragrance as a means of pleasing their loving fans.

This is what SJP accomplishes with "Lovely." It's divine, exquisite, and beautiful without being overpowering. It's warm, inviting, and delicious without being gummy, overly fruity, candy-ish, or like baked goods. It feels like pure satin on my skin, and this is easily one of the best celebrity fragrances I've ever encountered.

If you love lavender but you're afraid to wear it for sake of detonating the room, and you love pure, warm, musk, this is the fragrance for you. It has that classic, vintage feeling without feeling dated or stale. Utter perfection.

melcahyani
melcahyani

I loooooooove so much.. Always fresh when im wearing lovely ;)

Chicagobelle
Chicagobelle

Well folks I'm in love. Another gentle, creamy, romantic scent. I just received my package in the mail today and I didnt believe that it smelled so similar to my beloved Narciso Rodriguez. I dont mind that they smell similar. I guess you can hit the jackpot twice. Lovely will be my day and NR will be my nights. Now pardon me while I go continue to sniff my wrist.

Update: If I could buy this fragrance by the gallon, I would! I love this so much!!!!!!!!!

chrinen
chrinen

Kind of unique and delicate fragrance. Really lovely with soft lavender. I don't like the flower lavender but adore this. Don't get any musk until after about 4 hours I get some vague musk. LIKE

chiara0710
chiara0710

I'm still deciding if I like it or hate it, at first, I loved it cause I love musky smells. But now sometimes it gives me headache, which means it's very long lasting but must pay attention how much to spray.. O.o

Halcyon76
Halcyon76

Very delicate, soft and feminine. Ideal perfume for daywear.

nightcat23

Has anyone else noticed that Fragrantica has the wrong notes down for Lovely? On SJP's website it lists:

Top Notes-
Bergamot, Lavender, Apple Martini

Mid notes-
Patchouli, Paperwhites, Creamy Orchid

Base notes-
Cedar wood, White amber, Sultry woods and Musk.

You can definitely tell that it's white amber.

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

This is definitely not like anything I've smelled before. It is fresh and sophisticated. It's a grown up scent with an air of youth.

Edit: Okay it smells exactly like Narciso Rodriguez for her....which is good to know because now I know what to replace it with when I run out!

Museumgal

I feel like this scent is perfectly named, because it is just lovely. Not overwhelming florals buoyed up by well blended (not noticeable) patchouli and musk. Like being handed a surprise bouquet of flowers: "Oh how lovely!" It is not an amazingly unique composition but is great for the office or casual wear. Could also be good for formal occasions as it has a classic feel -- nice for weddings or church, somewhere you are dressing up but don't want to overwhelm with a power floral.

Peachply
Peachply

All I get from this is musk, it's nauseating. Disappointed really...

BRAHMABULL
BRAHMABULL

I really do not wear this much anymore. This scent lasts all day long. So long in fact I get sick of smelling it on me and I only spray very little because this scent again, goes a long way so much in fact it gives me a headache.

damewolf13
damewolf13

This is a fruity blend, rich with creamy apricot, and smooth amber. With just a touch of patchouli, and cedar, and a tiny hint of orchid, this blend becomes something special, and extraordinary, instead of the same ol'fruity floral scent. It's nicely different.

Kiera79
Kiera79

This is a little too musky for me. It's also really light so it disappears quickly.

blacklibran1

Definitely a nice masculine/feminine masterpiece . A man can easily wear this. The musk and patchouli really lean more to a unisex vibe. It's a perplexing fragrance. I adore it. I think it's very well conceived . From the imaging to the packaging and actual scent. They did good on this one. And it's cheap too! Marshall's has it all the time $25 great gift for that special lady. But I'll keep this one to myself hehe

Catt
Catt

It smells similar to Narciso Roderiguez For Her EDT (since I own this as well), but sits closer to the skin. It only lasted a hour or so on my wrists, and 3 hours on my hair. Upon closer sniffing, it does not have the wafting undernote of orange blossom which I suppose lends to the complexity that is NR For Her. Neither does it seem to give off a wonderful scent after a few hours of drydown. Perhaps this is just one of those perfumes that my skin 'eats up'.

I like to do this freakish thing when I wear NR for Her: When reading my mails at work, I like to breathe into my wrists so that my hot breath causes the dry down to come alive deliciously. Tried it with Lovely... I smell nothing... it's like a dead body you can't revive.

If I had to compare, I would prefer NR for the complexity and longevity. Lovely is however less in your face than NR, and therefore it is very work-safe, especially in a hot humid country. I find that Lovely is a good beginner's perfume for those graduating into something muskier and sharper like NR. I started on NR first, so maybe I'm just not used to how weak Lovely is.

I would use this on terribly hot and sweaty days, or days where I feel like I may have a heavy hand with the bottle.

advabart
advabart

Very poor longevity - after 3 hours it's almost completely gone.
Edit:
When sprayed on clothes, it might last a little longer, even a couple of hours.

Lanlisa

I didn't care for this perfume at all a few months ago but because it was in my rotation I wore it. I've fallen in love with it and my husband and sons compliment me on it more then my expensive perfumes. Soft, light, lovely and great for layering with perfumes that need a lift like simple vanillas.

tterekhova
tterekhova

I wonder how many perfumes Jessica Parker has... My boyfriend once gave me a collection of her perfumes and it was OK. Nothing special.

gooberskitty21
gooberskitty21

Holy cow, I'm impressed - this has to be by far one of the best celeb fragrances, ever!!! It's a delicious, creamy, dreamy musk fashioned very much after NR for Her EDP (the pink bottle). Dare I say I actually like it better because although It's undeniably floral, it doesn't sock you in the face with rose unlike the top notes of NR for Her EDP. This is positively gorgeous!! I'm swooning..

cecele1
cecele1

In the words of Carrie, "We were dressed head to toe in Love, the only label that never goes out of style."
This is LOVELY...A true classic that wont go out of style.

My five year old self opening a white paper bag full of lolly musk sticks and instinctively knowing they taste as they smell. But this is more complex than a paper bag full of blushing pink, shooting star shaped treats, or the smell of the bottom of an old lady's purse....

"Lovely" is Sweet, Dorris Day Sweet, with a Princess Grace classic tone, the shyness of Princess Diana. With the confidence of Marilyn. Its the right shade of blonde and the perfect pink lipgloss on a first date. Its Calamity Jane in her pink gown with dreamy pillowing collar.

Its Classic, Sheer....LOVELY

Dreamer88
Dreamer88

It's a great perfume. Suitable for office wear

nightcat23

This scent makes me think of an expensive porcelein doll. It's musky and clean but also elegent. It's definitely got a sophistication about it.

For me, the musk, lavender and orchid comes through the most. It's a clean musk with a herbal floral powderiness. Quite classy for a celebrity scent. I like it.

But this should definitely be applied sparingly on clean dry skin. I had a friend who would spritz it on over BO and it was a tragedy. This perfume deserves much more.

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

Utterly gorgeous and very reasonably priced. This to me is rose and magnolia with a lovely patchouli base that stops it being a wishy washy floral.

I first borrowed a squirt from a friend's bottle and within a week I had bought my own full sized 100ml bottle. It's incredibly feminine and pretty and longevity is amazing- 12 hours on me.
I would definitely recommend this and will always have a bottle in my collection.

It smells very similar to Lanvin Rumeur.

cwolf

I am in love with this scent. I think its going to be my winter fave.
I remember when this first came out almost 10 years ago the lady at the perfume counter saying it smelt disgusting, dirty, like sweat! I stayed clear of it. But through the years I caught a whiff of it a few times and thought it was very nice indeed. I went ahead and bought myself a bottle and now I'm hooked!
First off I get orchid and lavender. The lavender is really taming that orchid from being too prissy. Next I'm getting rose, I'm surprised its not listed in the notes, its not domineering though. And then musk musk musk. On the dry down its really reminding me of Stella by Stella McCartney but slightly more masculine.
I really love this perfume, its quite sophisticated, certainly not sexy, but feminine. It has decent longevity for the price too.

birds_on_a_wire
birds_on_a_wire

I'm a huge fan of Sarah Jessica Parker, so I thought I'd love this perfume. It seemed logical at the time I blind bought the roller ball size (thank God). When it came I took a big wiff and it was nothing that I expected it to be. It's something I would expect an older woman to like. Sophisticated might be a good word to describe it. A bit powdery and somewhat unimpressive to me. It's something I don't find myself reaching for very often.

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Very musky for me, I liked it for a little bit, but than gave a bottel away. Idyle Gerlian reminds me that, but Idyle is more sophisticated and flowere, I am not impressed with SJP perfume brand.

feathers
feathers

First time I smelled this I was like "huh?" It was an utterly unexpected smell. I expected apple martini (?) and instead a somewhat abstract and manly aroma came out. So I drove home and thought- It seems sophisticated, it is not typical, but is it elegant? Yes. Is it pretty? That took a little longer, but I soon decided that it was indeed pretty and went back to the store and bought a 1 oz. bottle for $45. Obviously this was a long time ago, because now Lovely can be had for $20 anywhere you find it! I grew to love this perfume, and appreciated it's cool muskiness, the smoothness, the relaxed and lovely demeanor. Years later, I read the notes and a light bulb went on in my head- Lavender! I've used lavender essential oils for years for everything from baths to laundry so what a fun revelation. Now I "get" lavender and I must say that I love it in this perfume! Now I can even identify that elusive and oh-so-subtle apple martini that had initially piqued my curiosity- what a charming art perfumery is! And musk- yes please! Although after several years of wear, I am ready to move on from Lovely, I will always have a bottle of this- my "first real perfume"- in my wardrobe.

jimmyschecter
jimmyschecter

This perfume is very very Damn Scent Aroma.
I'm a man that fallin love with the girl who have used this SJP (i still don't know what crazy perfume is this).
Than i'm visit to the shop searching the scent is strong in my mind and my nose, gotcha it's SJP Lovely.

I really loved and fallin love her on shade of this fragrance. This perfume really really drive me going crazy. Unfortunately she doesn't love me :(( L.o.L

rmadarang29
rmadarang29

just like Jessica a lovely scent perfume :) this is one of the best celebrity scents I have so far. I think it's unique scent on its own to wear anytime you feeling lovely!

Elysia
Elysia

After buying Idylle EDP and Narciso Rodriguez for her EPD last year, I finally completed my little collection with the 3rd member of this "Attack of the clones". I read at Fragrantica earlier that Lovely was very similar to these and wished to try it and see. It may seem silly to buy 3 similar perfumes but each one is slightly different though they certainly do come across as "sisters". Yesterday I sprayed some of all 3 on my hands and now I try to compare them. Idylle is the most flowery for my nose, it remains dominated by the light white floral notes. On me it disappears quickly (2-3 hours). NR is the sweetest, it even seemed a tad too sweet for me compared to the other two although I adored it on my skin when I bought it and could hardly stop smelling my wrist every minute. Besides that, the musk is also very prominent here making it a versatile scent: girly and seductive at the same time. Lovely starts out by smelling sharper than the other two but the drydown is just well...lovely. I think it's the perfect name for the perfume because this word describes the scent perfectly. There is a little hint of seductiveness in it (usually I aim to choose a perfume that I find sensual) but this one is rather for a person who seduces with her kind nature than that of a femme fatale. It is soft, laid back yet does not go unnoticed. Both my brother and his girlfriend commented on how nice it smellt on me so I guess you can wear it to work if you like, it is not strong or offensive. A really good choice for a date where you want to make the guy absolutely fall in love with you :) I recommend it, all 3 in fact from spring till autumn especially. Pricewise this one was cheaper than the other 2 (and there was a sale as well, lucky me ha-ha) but not much cheaper (at least in the drugstores in Hungary) so if you wish to purchase just one, I recommend to try all 3 because honestly they are all very good scents.

millie1980
millie1980

Clean, elegant smell. Perfect for daytime wear. At first, it smells discretely floral, then it becomes quite soapy and unisex, then eventually it warms up a little and blends into my skin. Compared to all those sickly-sweet, fruity, loud perfumes out there, it is tasteful and demure. It hasn't got that desperate "smell me, I'm just so cute/girly/womanly!" thing going on. Lets you speak for yourself.

passionata20
passionata20

20. january 2013

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
I see this one as one of THE best celebrity perfumes EVER! And not because it is a very close copy of Narcisco Rodriguez, just softer, but because it is very outstanding! Outstanding from the hundreds of other celebrity fragrances which are always described as sexy, for confident woman, statement and in fact they are most of the time nothing of all that!
This in contrary is not a mainstream celebrity fume. Amazing blend of musk, lavender and patchouli! Orchid and martini accord just makes this perfection even more perfect.
Everything about this fragrance is in absolute harmony: tha name, the bottle, the advertising!!! And the price is a great harmony for our wallet. For this price i can bath in it, but i don´t have to.
It has a good sillage and lasting power, and work amazingly good during the colder period of the year when it keeps my mind clear and also during the warm period of the year when it just calms me down. So this is a total winner for me! All year round perfume! Sounds great? It smells also great!
I don´t see it as a grandma perfume, or something for an older ladies. It fits everyone! Just a matter of attitude. Very confident and simply lovely! I do think i need to buy as much as possible, so i will probably never run out of it. In fact i just realized that it indeed reminds me of a glass ice cold Martini! Mmmmmmm, yummy!

Lanlisa

I tried this one twice at perfumania and it was strong and chemical. Loved the bottle, really wanted to like. I will send my mail order back once it arrives.

Couldn't return my bottle so I wore it today and it came on strong for just a moment, but I thought it was ok. Not a beauty but simple... peppery, clean, medicinal. This time the chemical note disappeared quickly. It immediately begins to soften into a very clean scent. Not sure if I love it alone (I like my fragrance to have some zing!) so I layered it with Rose The One and under Shalimar Initial and they smell Lovely together! I will try Lovely for a few weeks but will probably pass it on to one of my nieces to try. Ps. I recently tried Jicky, Mitsouko and a few others by Guerlain and they remind me of Lovely. See my review for Jicky.

mi-jo.sayegh
mi-jo.sayegh

I cannot believe that I have never smelled this perfume until now. I love it. It`s very well blended, but the rosewood, lavender, salt and musk are very noticeable. I see a lot of people calling this boring, but I really don`t think it is. It reminds me of Coco Mademoiselle (even though it does not actually smell like it) and something else I had as a child in the 80s , but I can`t figure out what. I think if someone is looking for a good quality , wear anywhere scent , this is a good one.
I came back to add that I think this smells like a perfume that came with a Barbie I had in the 80s, I could be wrong but it is the only thing I can think of.

Lkrautter
Lkrautter

Ok I don't understand the reviews here. This a very inoffensive fresh scent. Subtle and clean. It balances what could have been strong aromatic masculine notes so well that it is still feminine and gentle. I like this fragrance a lot I think it is unique this actress did a very good job creating something original and classy.

The musk, lavender and salt is what I notice the most. Everything else is in the background. The salt cuts through the lavender, and the musk softens the whole effect, whereas the other notes (patchouli, woody, floral and fruity) round out and make the fragrance feminine. It is really very interesting.
She pulls off some very difficult and unique notes

angelleew

This has such wonderful reviews! I wish I could like it! I wish it worked with my body chemistry enough to even put it on my skin. One sniff from the bottle right before I was about to spritz made me almost drop the bottle. I think that perhaps amber + patchouli + me = V. I. L. E. Very sad, it seems like it lives up to it's name for everyone except me. :( Rancid, dead old ladies is not the scent for me. I think it must be the white amber... lately my system is becoming acclimated to patchouli and there was a time when I couldn't wear it at all. The only thing it has in common with other scents that don't work for me is the white amber. Damn that fossilized tree resin!

bluepistachio
bluepistachio

Thank goodness I have good chemistry with this fragrance because it smells LOVELY! I'm also a big fan of Sarah Jessica Parker. The scent is light, sophisticated, refined, expensive, natural and dreamy. I noticed that this and Covet have an unconventional beauty just like SJP. Both scents are perfect for special occasions but also remind me of the outdoors because both are so tranquilizing and natural. Both are fresh, edgy fragrance...some might say masculine because they both share prominent lavender. This one is more appropriate for the day. It lasts quite a while and yes...it does remind me of Narciso Rodriguez for Her. I have better chemistry with this and it saves LOTS of GREENS.

loonad
loonad

i didnot like this one.it was weak and i had a feeling it was diluted.wore it some times and my mum told me i smelled of dettol.since that time no more lovely.i think to wear it well one should have the appropriate chemistry and the weather is also important.

Lydia C.
Lydia C.

This scent is a bit strong for me to wear during the day, but I love wearing a spritz or two when going out for the evening. It lasts just the right amount of time. One of my faves to wear when I'm not in the mood for some of my lighter, fruitier fragrances.

pepe's punnpa
pepe's punnpa

I love this smell because it difference sense of fragrance from the other....I feel so good with SJP Lovely!!

Bachie
Bachie

I bought this for my Mum without smelling it first. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement... at first.

It took me a while to stop thinking it was something my Grandma would wear, but after smelling my mum (who loves it) after she'd been wearing it all day, I felt completely different about it.

I still will say that this is a mature scent and quite strong when you first spray it. But after having it on for a while it 'settles' and smells subtler and nicely floral.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

This is the first fragrance in a LONG time that has "wowed" me. I have been searching for a good, versatile perfume that works for both day and night in any season. As I am most often attracted to warm and woodsy scents I wasn't expecting to love this one, but couldn't resist trying it when I found a 1.7 oz bottle on ebay for a steal. "Lovely" is an instant winner in my book. It smells so much different than anything I own, which is a major plus. At the same time it isn't off the wall.

It opens clean and smooth. The bergamot adds a citusy sparkle, and I can actually smell the apple martini note. The lavender isn't heavy, and in fact I hardly notice it. Thankfully the patchouli is also very subtle, and the fragrance becomes slightly more musky and creamy as time passes. I love the subtle woods in the base!! I love that although it is definitely musky it isn't heavy in the slightest. It wears beautifully on me, and truely fits its name from beginning to end. "Lovely" is so beautiful, feminine, and clean.

I have yet to find anything disagreeable about this fragrance and am suprised at the number of negative or neutral reviews "Lovely" has garnered. As far as a celeb scent goes, this one is definitely out of the norm. I could pick this one out of the crowd. It is classy and can be worn by virtually any age. Of any fragrance I have bought blindly, this has to be one of the most successful!

I have to add -- I am SO grateful that this fragrance isn't heavy on the amber!! In fact, if amber hadn't been listed in the notes I wouldn't have said this fragrance has any amber in it period. As I have noted in other reviews, amber can be extremely disagreeable on me. This is one perfume that doesn't offend my senses with an excess of sweet, syrupy amber musk :)

Pasaka
Pasaka

Agree with the comments when they say that this perfume smells like soap or a washing liquid. I would say that it's not bad scent at all. Would be perfect for a day time wear such as work or shopping :)

RyeJoseph
RyeJoseph

Smells like an even more unique version of Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle. Very oriental and floral. This fragrance is so inoffensive and very pleasant- I hate to add to the cliche doused with cheesiness, but LOVELY is a perfect name for this perfume!

aqua76239
aqua76239

I saw this at bargain price at Ross's so I couldn't resist. Mostly I wear gormand sweet scents with some occassional fruity scent thrown in so this was a nice change. This is very clean, musky scent with a definate note of lavender and a woodsy finish. I don't mean that it smells like soap, more of a clean musk. Its subtle scent but it does linger especially on your clothes. To me this is a nice work scent as I find it rather unoffensive and pleasant

FranFran
FranFran

I remember testing this a while ago, this scent changed the most on my skin compared to other scents, it changes so much its unrecognizable from the first sniff. I was very excited to smell it, and all I got from the initial spray was just glue and nothing else. I was very dissapointed, I expected creamy, silky florals, something that actually was LOVELY smelling, I don't think smelling like an unemployed glue boy on the side of the road is lovely at all. Even my friend said it smelled like nappies(dypers in America, I think). So I carried on with my usual day at school, and I couldn't help noticing a pink peppery spray and didn't bother smelling my wrist because I thought it couldn't be SJP at all. But as the scent kept following me, I decided to take a sniff. I was pleasantly suprised, I got a soft, pink pepper and patchouli combo mixed with other notes that's blended so well it smells like one. Sorry for my weird description, but the complexity of this scent just confused me. Even the "glue" stage is likeable now. I see there's white pepper in here, but it smells more like pink pepper to me. Has very good longevity, and moderate sillage, very mature, classy and feminine IMO. I don't see myself wearing this scent anytime soon, but I have to say its very well done. I give 8/10

hannaheart
hannaheart

I'm sorry but this smells like the ladies room. :( the kind of floral that you smell in public toilets because of the cleanser scrubs used on the floor.

Coffeelover64
Coffeelover64

As a fan of Nanette Lepore Love Bird and NR For Her, I was excited to find this one for $29 at Marshalls. Well, it's just kind of OK. Love Bird and NR are smooth and sensual whereas Lovely has sharp, clean-crisp florals added which seem a bit at odds with the muskier base. After a couple of hours the drydown is nicer but it still has those incompatible clean notes.

ann.sundwall
ann.sundwall

This is lovely. I blind bought it at Ross for a reasonable price (the woman at the register told me that I could return it with the receipt, even if I had opened the box!) and the top notes are intoxicatingly floral. Fresh, clean and very, very charming. Unfortunately for me, there is a note in the middle that reminds me of Lanvin Eclat D' Arpege. I don't know what it is, but on my skin it is strangely thick and stale. Eventually it fades away, leaving a pretty musky floral scent. I will return it, but I see its charm.

Sonia505
Sonia505

I tried Covet and hated it, still left with a full bottle, it put me off trying anything else by SJP but after reading the reviews here i just had to, wow i have been missing out, i absolutely love it, very classy, womanly and romantic.

I have bought my Niece a bottle for Christmas, i hope she loves it, if not i shall nab it back ;)

I have a full 100ml of Covet if anyone wants to do a swap :)

Nursie
Nursie

Such a lovely fragrance but unfortunately it turned sour on my skin. I ended up giving it away.

themorrigan
themorrigan

I love this perfume, one of my all time favourites.
Such a romantic date perfume. Makes me feel so womanly :)

maryum.malik
maryum.malik

i don't understand why's this being sold at such low prices everywhere. it's sophisticated, beautiful, special, and long lasting!

arxsyn

This is a famous celebrity fragrance because it is surprisingly well done. Less explicit, hinted at, a lighter much more budget friendly than the narcisco Rodriguez. The price tag, then as it is now, is still only thirty bucks. Don't know about if the quality has changed though. If hasn't then this is a terrific buy.

I got my 50 ml bottle maybe 4 years ago at a fantastic sale price of fifteen dollars. The box says once opened it last thirty months. Maybe that's why the scent doesnt last long, maybe hour and a half tops. Which is odd, synthetic musks usually last for quite a while and supposedly there is patchouli

I do like that it's not a frilly over the top white floral. Florals exist here but really just a mere decorative thing. Maybe its a little soapy, steam cleaned,, starched and sparse. No patchouli or apples in sight

The openning is very aromatic and has the astringent alcohol smell. Lavender is muddled into the martini, which i assume, has citrus and juniper berries. This lavender does not smell like itself, there is nothing green or floral about it. Also, the cocktail is noticeably very peppery. There is a pleasant white musk. Not exactly sharp laundry musk. Its like a hum in the background with only a little bit sweet white amber powder thrown in.

Overall, soft fresh and spicy musk. Well blended, nothing sharp, a bit hazy. Restrained. A man can safely wear this. And Jessica is right, you can wear this at any age.

apotter
apotter

this was a gift at first i wasn't sure about this one but it sort of grows on you i have moments i'll wear for a while then i forget about it then i look again at my collection and it seems to beg to be worn again so i have now purchased a bargain priced bottle to keep me topped up i think its one of the better celeb perfumes around i hope it stays.

TillyWave
TillyWave

I don't need to add to everyone else's reviews of Lovely, but I will reiterate a few things--
#1--This really is a more demure version of NR for Her, which in my opinion is really strong and can only be worn if you want a lot of attention.

#2--Lesser known is the similarity to Tocca's Cleopatra, basically replicating the Grapefruit/Sweet Apple/Rich musk note, however Lovely veers then into woody, and Cleo veers into fruity.

#3--This is obvious, but Lovely is a lot cheaper than both these perfumes.

#4--This is still Queen Gem among celeb perfumes. I've pretty much given up on all of them.

For women (and men) who love woody perfumes, it's all here--cedar, vetiver, and a bit of amber. Plus a really good apple-martini-musk note. And it has great longevity, 8+ hours...

Toom_Snoopy
Toom_Snoopy

Old-fashioned talc comes in a bottle.

heather.h.weber
heather.h.weber

This is a lovely fragrance, the patchouli and lavender and musk is what I smell the most and a hint of the pink pepper, it a nice sweet and spicy scent! Great for fall and winter. Just got this in a swap and I am already loving it, and I didn't think I would definitly give it a sniff you might be quite surprized!

halinka80
halinka80

This fragrance really surprised me. It stands out among other celebrity perfumes - it is very well composed and well blended. Even though the first whiff appears a little old-fashioned, it develops beautifully on my skin. My favourite accord is that "salted musk" that it shares with Narciso Rodriguez For Her. The longevity could be better (approx. 5.5h on me) but it's inexpensive and I don't mind respraying - it is such an amazing scent. I've just ordered another bottle...

julieanneh
julieanneh

i like it but it doesnt last long, it stays close to the skin and is a pleasant powdery floral......Its been about 5 hours now since I sprayed this on one arm and it costs on special at chemist warehouse here in australia $30. On the other arm i sprayed Ralph Lauren Romance and it was for a minuscule 30ml bottle on special for $109. After a while they are just similar. Same type of longevity and sillage, they start to wain early on maybe 2 hours in, though ralph does last a little longer before waining. Im at 5 hours now and both are barely noticeable with your nose millimetres from your skin. At least you could respray Lovely throughout the day for the price. Considering adding it to my collection when you don't want a heavy perfume to waft around you.
But wait at 6 hours Ralph is gone, kaput and an unexpected Lovely has had a second wind. I can smell her. Lovely as ever!
PS I have a cold so if i make no sense comparing the scents I'll blame this.

Smunky
Smunky

Love. :). May have to stock up on this one, something I don't normally do.

jackcrew
jackcrew

As a university professor, I purchased this as a gift to my teaching assistant who was graduating. Upon handing it to her, I explained that she was moving into adulthood and should wear this perfume as a marker for such an occasion. She graciously thanked me, opened the box, commented on how pretty the bottle was (which I agreed is important when dealing with fragrances) and took a sniff. Her eyes widened and said, "um, how truly lovely (as the name suggests)". Then she thanked me and away she went.

A few days later she entered my office to discuss final grades and I had forgotten about the perfume; thinking about papers and averages, etc. I noticed an incredible scent. It was light, barely above conscious yet fresh, clean, beautiful. The best way to describe it; a lovely presence. Apparently, my assistant noticed me sniffing the air trying to discern this change of atmosphere and mentioned she was wearing the perfume. She also mentioned how her husband (a self-proclaimed perfume hater) was wild about this fragrance.

Wow. This is a great scent. It does not knock you out with overt perfumery but yet the silage and projection are there. It travels under people's radar and all they notice is something beautiful. I agree with earlier comments, this is genuinely Lovely.

Lushylori
Lushylori

The first spray of Lovely smelled very old fashioned to me but quickly turned into a pleasant floral.
It seems like all ages could wear this one.
Its not an "in your face" Floral like Pleasures but its a very subtle Floral that indeed smells lovely.
Very fresh as well.
I don't think this one could be a headache inducer like many other floral's are that I've tried.
This one doesn't really have long lasting power but its sold at a pretty reasonable price so it won't matter if you have to reapply.
Lovely Bottle too. The name of this perfume suits it well in my opinion :)

Snowcat80s
Snowcat80s

Very, very flowery, so much that make me sick, no thank you!

clickingpenguin
clickingpenguin

When I sampled this at Wal Mart tonight, I had my debit card out faster than I could utter the word "Lovely". It was love at first sniff. It's grown up, but not old smelling. It's bold, but won't give someone a headache. It's unique, but wearable.

kitsunemagic
kitsunemagic

powdery and very floral but I indeed like this, its innocent and elegant and I can see this as something to wear to church or formal occasions, I picture a young cheerful lady dressed in a lacy pink dress happy walking around a flower garden

deviation
deviation

This smells just like its name- lovely.

For me, this is the only celeb perfume that doesn't cause a headache. When sprayed, I get a top note of orchids and then it dries down to star anise and hint of powdery orchid in the background.

This used to be my staple couple of years back. I no longer wear this perfume anymore because I wore it every day and night till I outgrew the scent.

Although,it's a nice spring time scent, It did not last that long in the humid summer weather, and I had to reapply the scent many times during the day.

Oh yea one more thing, I love the bottle design- lovely in its own way. Looked so pretty sitting on my dressing table.

My verdict:
Price- Reasonable.
Migraine factor- None.
Smells- up scale/ classy.
---------------------------
Age range: Anyone beyond 25+
season: spring.
Sillage: moderate
Longevity: Depends on the weather

BBFF
BBFF

I would never normally buy a 'celeb' fragrance but this is different. I have gone through 2 bottles of this and although some may think of it as s spring or summery scent, it works well in the autumn and winter on me too. I bought this for my 80 year old mum recently and it is totally appropriate for her too. A staple in my top fragrance drawer.

nitschevo

Really love this one. It is my signature scent and I get a lot of compliments when wearing it. Well done, Sarah Jessica!

Pinkfish3
Pinkfish3

Ick did not like this one at all. The fact that it was a gift set from an ex (who had no idea of what I liked scent-wise) surely did it no favors. I'll probably like it in a few decades but the scent is too strong and mature for my twenty something self. I re-gifted it to an aunt without it's nice brown bow ribbon; that I recycled into a headband.

vicka16
vicka16

Lovely... The name really suits this fragrance. It's creamy, musky, sensual and conforting. The drydown on my skin is identical to Narcisoo Rodriguez EDT (which I have) and it has a good sillage. Lovely!

AJphoenix69
AJphoenix69

The first time I tried this fragrance. I had no clue of the name of it but the first words out of my mouth were 'Lovely' so to me the name sums it up perfectly
When it's a sunny, spring day and I have one of my long flowing dresses on, Lovely always seem to be the right choice when I want to look and feel feminine.

sumrdream
sumrdream

This perfume smells like summer to me. Distinctive and sophisticated but not snobbish. Delicate and feminine, just lovey!

deliberateangel

I had high hopes for this perfume. I read SJP created this based on her favorite perfumes, Skin Musk and Egyptian Musk. Skin Musk has been my favorite for many years. I have mixed the two scents together myself and in no way do they smell like Lovely.
Lovely on me is very strong. It smells intensely like Bergamont with whispers of men's cologne. The smell of Bergamont is headache inducing.
I cannot stand smelling like Earl Grey tea and men's cologne. This is a no go for me.

takeasniff
takeasniff

I have dragged this out I have to because I have run out of Red Door Velvet which I love. When I am craving the smell similar to Kate Moss or Gucci(brown bottle) or any type of musky rose I pick these ones. For some reason I am scared of Lovely. I find I am concerned I am going to be nauseated by it. When I sniff the bottle I feel sick and it stops me wanting to spray it and the first spray of it turns me off the same with Armani City Glam and NR for her.

Once they settle on my skin I love them but I always fiddle around for too long hesitating and I don't do that with any other pefume.

It is quite strange so I read the reviews on here and decided I will just spray it and see how I go.

I have been patient as I do not like the initial spray but it is a very nice perfume. It is a shower fresh smell without smelling like shower products or baby wipes if that makes sense. It is smooth and sensuelle at the same time. I think NR is much more thick and dense but once dried it is different from this one. I do think men can wear it. It is not as others have said a girly smell but it is lady like on female and musky on a male.

Quite clearly I have been missing out on a very good bargain I just have to learn how to use this one properly and not hesitate so much just spray it and be done with it because it is worth it.:)

bkblan
bkblan

It's soft. I like it, but bored of it and went back to my fave Estee Lauder Beautiful!

lulu7898
lulu7898

My first celebrity scent blind buy. It has all the great notes that I love; musk, flowery and woody. Very pretty! The only problem is the lasting power and sillage stink. No where near the longevity of Narciso Rodriguez or the sillage (people had to put their nose on my skin). I guess with the cheap price you can afford to spray more but why would you when you can spend a bit more on Rodriguez and use less?

PipeDreams#1
PipeDreams#1

I so desperately wanted this to be my new signature fragrance. I love the notes, I adore SJP and when I heard it could potentially be worn by a man, I knew I must have it. Unfortunately, my body does not hold this scent. I can spray it six times and when I ask people to smell it, they have to basically ram their nose into my wrist or neck in order to get even the slightest whiff of a scent. Although I do like scents that wear closer to my body and can be more intimate, this is almost non-existent on me. I have been layering it with a white amber lotion I have and have gotten a little more out of it that way. It really is an amazing scent and it's just my bad luck that I don't project it the way I should.

LANIER
LANIER

It isn't my fault! Chandler Burr and Katie Puckrik made me do it. HONIST! You see since I have fallen into the pit of perfume I must have hit my head on a protruding rock on the way down and when I came too I found I was a bit of a perfume snob. Not mind you in the school of thought that goes: “It has to be expensive to be any good.” No the other kind of snob. If I noticed a gaggle of paparazzo following a bottle of perfume I could be seen rubbing the tip of my nose on the ceiling. You can loose a lot of skin doing that and trip over your Italian loafers and end up looking rather foolish not to mention narrow minded. So I turned a blind eye to Celebuscents by everyone from Alain Delon to Zazu Pitts.

I came to discover “Lovely” by Sarah Jessica Parker when I read Chandler Burr’s mesmerizing book, “The Perfect Scent: A Year Inside the Perfume Industry in Paris & New York.” I am sure you have all read it but if you are new to this like me then grab a copy or download it to your electronic reading device. It is an education in the creation of two perfumes, “Un Jardin Sur Le Nil” by Jean Claude Ellena for Hermes and “Lovely” by Miss Parker for the house of Coty. No recapping synopses here …go read the book and find out why I had to try “Lovely”. I wouldn’t want to ruin any part of that reading experience for you. (Un Jardin Sur Le Nil is on my must buy list).

Now how does Katie fit into this? Well, anyone who reads her blog, or watches her very entertaining and extremely informed video reviews over at YouTube will tell you that the lady in question smells. She smells real good. “Lovely” is in her top ten best female perfumes that men can wear. So that spoke to me. After all this His smells Her smells approach to perfume only began in the early part of the 20th century when the middle class was on the rise. The perfume houses wanted to grab the attention of men who might not want to smell “pretty” or like a Dandy. Before this segregation of scent was imposed on the world everyone who could afford perfume wore the same scent. Eau de Cologne Impériale and Jicky were unisex! As far as I am concerned if you love it, wear it! There is a certain thrill to being a daring pioneer of perfume. If Joel Cairo in “The Maltese Falcon” had the balls to wear Gardenia ….so can you.

“Lovely” opens like rain on predawn cobblestoned side streets in Soho. Not a clean rain but a bit dirty and risqué. The kind of rain you would love to walk in after an sweaty sexy all nighter in a dance club. The top notes of mandarin, bergamot shimmer lightly on the skin and are fleeting as they soak into the lavender and Brazilian rosewood which add a cosmopolitan sophistication. A dirty patchouli downs an Apple Martini grabs the hand of the bashful orchid and runs through the burst of rain down the street to hail a cab to midtown dry down. This is the woodsy central park of the fragrance with musk scampering in the early wet morning of Lovely though woodsy notes and cedar. As the sun dries the earth there is an echo of white amber balmy and richly warms the skin to a new day.

Yes “Lovely” is confident. Self-assured and shows in its progression from opening to closing that it was indeed a labor of love in its creation. Thoughtful and not rushed it is more than lovely, it is superb.

It is all about what is in the bottle. Sure there are going to be lots of Celebuscents that are not good. Cheap thoughtless creations with a name tacked on who had nothing to do at all with the creation of the perfume. But somewhere in there in the midst of the rushing crush on the red carpet there may be a fragrance worth trying even in the glare of paparazzi flash bulbs exploding in a night filled with promise and possibilities.

FIVE GOLD STARS *****

Sabrina_A
Sabrina_A

Simply beautiful!
At first I didn't like it but after a while I gave it another try and I'm so in love with this scent now!

It's very powdery, strong and sensual! It stays on my skin for DAYS and the price is sooooo right!
This is one of those "greater" celebrity-frags out there!

This is how a classy woman should smell.

Good Job Sarah J!

Jomoves
Jomoves

The only way I can describe this perfume is to imagine a large bouquet of plump pink roses, heavy with dew and perfume, sitting in a filthy automobile workshop on a frosty winter's night.

Hollie31
Hollie31

I made a blind purchase with this, after seeing it online for a very low price. My current favourite is Covet by SJP, so was very excited to try this one. I was extremely dissapointed when it arrived and my first spritz smelled of nothing more than sharp alcohol.
However, being a student with very little money, I persisted with it as I had run out of my others and couldn't afford anything new. I find that given time on my skin, it dries down to something much more pleasant, and a week in it smells to me completely different.. not sure how it has changed? But it reminds me of a modern version of my late grandma's perfume. For this reason I love it. Possibly not completely 'me', but it brings back happy memories for me.
I feel like I should be wrapped up in a cashmere jumper when I wear this. Still has a slight alcohol pang in the first few seconds though.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

This is wonderful on the right chemistry both my mother and mother-in-law wear this (bought it for her because my mum has it and loves it) however my skin just eats it and I and others around me cannot smell it after seconds of spraying. My skin has been known to do this, I can pull off some of the most intese powerhouse perfumes and turn them into wearable weaklings. On the right person this is a seductive creamy magnolia/peppery fragrance up there with Givenchy Hot Couture but with plenty of white pepper and class. Shame I can't do this one justice. SJP is one of the only Celebrities I will wear.

Soie
Soie

After bathing I spritzed this on one night and then went to bed. Hours later I kept tossing and turning before finally waking up in the middle of the night to a most horrific odor...like that of putrefaction. I smelled very much like something had died inside my chest...the exact area of my body where I'd sprayed this perfume.

Needless to say I had to take yet another shower and to put on a different nightgown before going back to sleep. The next day I tossed my bottle of Lovely in the trash.

I would say that before buying this, it might be a good idea to sample and test it, if possible, for a full day before purchasing it.

SJP has said that she is attracted to the aroma of mild body odor and included that in Lovely. Something in my chemistry must have amplified that B.O. accord 10 fold.

LongIslandLPN
LongIslandLPN

i have also heard from some that they think this can be a Unisex smell and a man can easily pass wearing it. I will get a sample soon and let you know!

saguna
saguna

Osmanthus - I can feel you. I can't find you in the notes, where are you?

I love this perfume, carefully bought an used bottle from eBay, and now I'm looking online to purchase the biggest new bottle.
There are similarities with Narciso Rodriguez, but opening notes are different - while Lovely develops to its final beautiful blend and sets down after 4-5 hours, Narciso Rodriguez is loud and bold, and it doesn't change much.
I love this scent, but used too often or in wrong days, I can imagine it could give me headache.

sorak-kara
sorak-kara

A delicate, sophisticated and feminine perfume, Lovely is the image of springtime for me. The scent evokes the softest of blush coloured buds just opening to blossom. It has a texture of flower petals without seeming waxy. It has a warm and lite cleanliness, but manages to stay mature, not girly.
Even the bottle is understatedy delightful in its shape, topper, and the soft pink cast which appears from certain angles.
I wear this perfume when I'm feeling feminine, accomplished and calm. It always finds its way to me when I wear pastel colours.

G00D_Girl
G00D_Girl

It seems like an unlikely duo, however I paired this with L de Lolita Lempicka and I really like them together...

If you try it please let me know what you think :)

seriously thinking I might fill up a travalo half & half...

Ponyfields
Ponyfields

There's nothing wrong with this perfume per se, it's just really, really boring and generic. It smells like a million other "nice" perfumes. I wouldn't describe it as womanly at all, it's definitely girly. It lacks the bite to be considered all grown-up.

Also, has a weird undercurrent of clean baby.

If anyone in the EU wants to try this, I have 50ml bottle that's got about a quarter gone. Try me with whatever you got ;)

blueviolet
blueviolet

This one manages to do something that very few celeb scents have done so far. Smell inovative, new and expensive. It has an exclusive touch. It could be Ellie Saab or Rodriquez for her. It actually smells pink...not sugary girly pink. But elegante womanly champaigne pink. Had it come clad in a Dolce bottle (or whatever house is your wet dream) people would have coughed up the cash. Good thing is you dont have to cought so hard. Cos this is SJP.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I so agree with the following quote from prLinchoccy's review:

"For some reason, it annoys me that this perfume is now so cheap! It should cost WAY more! Its almost insulting to find a perfume of this quality in the bargain section of perfume stores - and to add insult to injury, we have to pay 'through the teeth' for poor quality, fruity, sweet, garbage-of -the- moment , latest release fumes!"

Well said. I tried this perfume for the first time today and I too was amazed at how cheap the price was on perfumanina but the quality is first rate. This not is not just another floral. It is warm and comforting but it is not just another floral, the rosewood and the touch of lavender and daffodil along with amber and musk give it a perceptible difference from other perfumes currently on the market and it is a difference I love.

Some have described this as a pearl and I get that. To me it is an expensive jewel box- an expensive rosewood box with a hint of resin still there and the lovely scent of the woman who owns the jewels captured inside and released every time the box is opened.

I am normally a niche perfume person but I really love this and will be wearing it often.

sarage
sarage

Powdery, soft, intimate, warm, comforting, very pleasant. I think this could easily become the kind of scent which I can always count on. High quality perfume,classic, although very inexpensive at the moment.

personsa22
personsa22

Lovely is a unisex fragrance. More people would come to realize this if it wasn't packaged in a dainty egg-shaped bottle with grosgrain trim. It is very important that we all learn to look past the bottle (unless it's awesome) and alanyze fragrances for what they actually are; gender neutral olfactory sensations that society has neatly divided between the sexes.

This crappy phenomenon is a crying shame because Lovely IS lovely! It is soft, smooth, rounded and uniquely pure: the fragrance equivalent of a pearl.

If you can afford to add one more scent to your wardrobe then definitely order a bottle of Lovely. You WILL find appropriate times for it and you will always be pleasantly surprised by it.

prLinchoccy
prLinchoccy

This, in my opinion, has to be one of THE best of ANY celebrity perfume out there! So well blended, and, as somebody mentioned, this could be described as a 'day time' version of Agent Provocateur - Ultra Sexy, but soft at the same time.
I have lots of perfume - some expensive, some cheap, but this perfume never fails to get me compliments.
I would definitely rate this one. Lovely.

Eicher
Eicher

Edit: some month have passed since I have bought Lovely. It became one of my favourite. It has a "je ne sais quoi", and "I don't know what", but it smells very nice. Powdery but not overwhelming and the lasting power is very strong. I perfumed myself on a very early morning (4am) and I could still smell it on my cloth next day when doing the laundry !
This is a very particular fragrance. I honestly cannot say what do I feel the most or if I like or not. I cannot feel anything particular but when I wear it, everyone tells me that I have an amazing perfume.

alicepolice
alicepolice

Ah, I had hoped for a little rougher woodiness, though that was just my silly thinking. Why else would they have named it "Lovely"? This is so soft and, yes, rounded! Like a pearl in a shell, that's what this got me thinking. The notes don't come out separately, but as one, like a soft cloud of velvet, flowers and powder in a beautifully crafted wooden case.

Very comforting and romantic.

MissMaryMac
MissMaryMac

I absolutely LOVE this scent -- BUT I tried it on by accident. I thought it smelled horrible in the bottle, and the initial spritz was strong and I didn't like it AT ALL. An hour later I was sitting at home making dinner and could not stop smelling my wrist! I loved it so much I drove straight back to the store and bought it. Since then, I've had numerous people ask me what it is and lots of compliments. It lasts all day on me so I'm suprised so many stay it doesn't.

EmmaRose
EmmaRose

I don't like the scent on my skin. It's important to test a fragrance and wear it for a while.

melissa3888
melissa3888

So I'm currently reading about the creation of this scent in "The Perfect Scent" (Chandler Burr). Entertaining read. And I really want to like it. But I just can't stand the smell in the bottle. It's like the popular girl at school. Sometimes you just don't have anything in common and nothing to talk about. Some people's taste buds make cilantro taste like soap--maybe my nose just can't make small talk with this Phi Beta Kappa girl.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

A comforting and relaxed scent. I have to disagree with what someone said. This smells nothing like Poison. It's basically a softer skin scent musk. It mixes with your skin and creates a veil of warmth. I've never bought it, but I've kept a sample and recently I've wanted to wear it. It stays very close to you and is not a perfume that enters a room before you do.

Trinidella
Trinidella

One of my favourite celebrity scents. Its a must have scent. Oriental.

Platinum_girly
Platinum_girly

I really do NOT like this fragrance. It has a really strong base of amber. It really reminds me of the bad (yet iconic) 80s fragrances aka Dior 'Poison' and Cacharel 'Lou Lou'
If you are prone to perfume headaches then please be careful with this, it is VERY strong.

blondeambitioned
blondeambitioned

This perfume reminds me of a very special lady in my life. She was thin, waify, neurotic, as comfortable in her Gap jeans and braless in a white tee as she was in Kate Spade kitten heels. She came from a good pedigree, spent weekends in her airy Hamptons home, her couch strewn with Shabby Chic pillows, her medicine cabinet full of pills, standing in her sunny kitchen in an apron, fixing a cocktail while watching Breakfast at Tiffany's. She always wore this perfume or Amazing Grace and she smelled like air and sunshine. It's the kind of perfume that is clean, warm, inviting, prim but not pretentious, that makes you want to stay and chat into the late afternoon, nuzzle your head into her neck, bury under a down blanket and read a book, her signature scent was truly "lovely" - like she was.

I actually prefer this to Narciso Rodriguez for Her, this perfume is what I wished NR was - the soft, comforting Egyptian Musk drydown of NR without the sharp, sour peach note that did not mesh well with my body chemistry. This perfume is one of the only elegant "adults" on the shelf of fruity floral celebrity scents.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

This fragrance simply disapears on me! I put it on pretty heavily (back, knees, chest, wrist; like 6 spritzes in all) and could barely smell it. And I know it was barely there, as if I had put it on too heavily my husband would have complained! I have to press my nose up to my wrist to get any fragrance, and after an hour it's just the tiniest hint of fragrance left. It seems to be a mild floral fragrance that is pleasant. It starts with a rush of rubbing alcohol, then dies down to floral notes, then is gone. The first night I wore it, I went to an outdoor concert and it was over 100 F outside--I was sweating rivers and thought it washed off of me. I wore it to church this morning though, and it disapeared just as quickly. So sad. It's a pretty bottle. Not sure what to do with this, though--if I can't smell it, what good is it?

EDIT: my daughter asked me "what was that perfume you wore when you went out? It was so strong--you touched me and made my whole room smell; I had to go take a shower." This, about the perfume I could barely smell! She and I do not share tastes in perfume (she loves the candy sweet stuff), and it seems ironically unfair that she can smell what I want to smell, and she dislikes it!

Unheard
Unheard

I don't seem to get this fragrance at all. All I get is a metallic smell and taste from it.

dichant
dichant

luv it ^^ usually i'm not big fans of faminime parfum.. but i must say.. it a very LUVLY parfum.. great job!

rosembloom
rosembloom

This beauty has just be added to my collection yesterday and I a not yet certain exactly what to think about it. Indeed it much resembles N.R. without the creamy base and longevity: this one is woodsier and sharper to my nose. The lavender is rather dry but not at all unpleasant.... When first applied, I get a mental whiff of Coco , Coco Mademoiselle, Story by Beckham and my favorite Indian patch+musk oil. Lovely starts out like a fresh apple- patchouli blend that blast up my nose , threatening my braincells but quickly morphs into a woddsy -floriental I end up craving for hour after hour since she is so sublte once it has settled down. I prefer N.R. but the packaging and overall blend of Lovely sure captures my senses It is not a clean and barbie-girl scent, yet, neither is it a Tabu-like 'dirty -sexy ' fume. Whereas this lovely has little sillage and longevity power when worn on my skin, I can smell it for hours when spritzed in my long hair and on my chothes. I must say that I love the bottle's design, its elegant intemporal chic and the delicate pink shade of the juice. A winner so far!

powdepuff
powdepuff

very fresh feminine perfume, love the apple martini note. lasts ages.

darina.ivanova
darina.ivanova

The scent is beautiful, but it lasts only few minutes on my skin. Disappointing. I still prefer Narciso Rodriguez although being much more expensive.

twilight1234

This is a beautiful perfume with some amazing scents. It's good for perfume lovers who like mild, floral scents. I love scents like this loveable scent. Great for firsttime perfume lovers.

paulhunter
paulhunter

The name "Lovely" absolutely suits this fragrance. It is not "hot" "sexy" nor "alluring". It's beautiful in a mature and refined way, with woods peaking out of a floral-musk base in a subtle and gentle way. Something about this perfume is undeniably womanly without being fruity or floral. A must-have for a woman with class.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely, is anything but lovely. It really does smell just like Narciso Rodriguez for her. I’m not a lavender fan to begin with, but the musk is so heavy and it has a dirty pipe smoke smell to it. Total granny perfume, age 65+. It’s such a shame because I love Sarah Jessica Parker, just not her taste in fragrances.

anosmia
anosmia

I was expecting a soft, intimate fragrance, but the first spritz was so strong I thought that the description was all wrong !!!!

But now, on the dry down it is soft and intimate.
And it's not "lovely"; it's sultry and sexy !!!
Lasts really long too.

amber82
amber82

I adore this perfume, to me it's like a light daytime version of Agent Provocateur. It doesn't last much longer than 3-4 hours on my skin, but that's fine, as I like to respray in the afternoon so I can revisit those lovely top notes.

nurul.ain
nurul.ain

To me personally,sjp lovely smells quite overpowering..maybe due to bergamot n orchid or maybe apple..apple martini?the lavender is there n also,I can smell balmy-like scent.i am not sure of that balmy-like thingy..maybe because of the green plant that sjp used, actually brings out the balmy scent..later on,around 10-15 minutes like that,it becomes soft,feminine n sort of "after shower" like scent..it gives u comfort kinda feeling n fresh.forgive me if I've commented wrongly but,that was how my brain interpreted the scents.

beatrix75
beatrix75

perfect frag best of all the celebritys fragrances!!!its unique soft woody elegant smell like jessica parker

acavicchi
acavicchi

I recently re-tested Lovely and I'm so glad I did! I spritzed it, walked around the store and then bought a bottle immediately.
I remember when it first came out it was around a lot, I would smell someone wearing it from a distance and think "Ooh! What IS that delicious, incense-y fragrance?" but when I followed it to its source, inevitably, I'd find that someone had been too heavy-handed with Lovely and it just smelled repugnant to me.
I'm glad I tried it again because this is a gorgeous scent when used sparingly (one spray, back of the neck!)! Fresh, herbal lavender, beautiful woodsy notes, light musk and a bergamot that reminds me a little of Earl Grey tea! It actually reminds me a lot of a great incense and essential oil combo I used to have, called "Rain". So lovely!
P.S. I've noticed that it takes about 3 hours for the fruity note to become noticeable to me, it's interesting the way Lovely progresses over time.

mlpalazzo
mlpalazzo

So I got the 1.7 oz gift set of this for the low low price of.... .02 cents on clearance for a 1.7 oz! For that price, I certainly snatched it up as a blind buy. This isn't really what I was expecting, judging from the pink color of the juice and pretty bottle. After the initial spray it's overwhelmingly masculine on me, I can see how some think this is unisex. The lavender and wood notes are very pronounced. But after 20 minutes or so it turns much more musky and pretty and stays that way for a loooong time. Overall I do like it, and it does have impressive lasting power even though it stays close to the skin. For the price, I can't complain too much.

Edit: I find myself reaching for it more and more, I've gotten a few compliments, one guy liked it so much he asked for the name so he could buy some for his wife.

maianh83
maianh83

On me, she smells like a sister of Gucci by Gucci EDT !
However, the longevity of Lovely is better !
And, way cheaper ! Save lots of money !

chri5tin3
chri5tin3

Smells initially like bug spray for a couple minutes but that goes away. This fragrance is really reminiscent of NR, its so beautiful and sexy at the same time. The drydown also smells like that of gucci guilty, just fresher and a bit brighter. I've had it on for the last 10 hours and counting. Sillage and longevity are amazing and well balanced so its never overpowering but THERE. On me its a floral, citrus, amber, soft patchouli combination, yummy! Well done sjp.

Most of all I feel the lavender and the musk notes in this fragrance. The citrus and the apple notes are also noticeable. I'm not a fan of the lavender note, besides this fragrance seems too musky to me. The only thing I like in Lovely is the orchid note. I like when this note stays in the end of the opening on the musky background, because it smells soapy, clean and very tender.
So I don't like this fragrance in general, but the orchid note is very nice.

matchboxchik
matchboxchik

This scent is strange. I almost wrote it off the second I put it on because it smells like bug spray for about 5 minutes until it has settled in. Then it goes to a generic, albeit lovely floral scent. It isn't sickeningly floral, but rather delicate, sophisticated, and light. I don't love it, but I like it. If you're like me and you're not too into florals but you want a bit of range, this is a good investment. A floral that won't overwhelm. Unfortunately I can only smell it for 2 or 3 hours then it is completely gone. Luckily it is cheap enough to allow for multiple spritzes throughout the day.

chain
chain

This perfume could have been lovely but disappear in minutes.Everyone is right anyway,it does smell like NR

Migalex
Migalex

I do like this perfume very much. It is not exactly the same as Narciso Rodriguez, but it does spark the same feeling and even emotion. The main difference to me is the aromatic character of Lovely, which NR does not have. Also the texture is different, Lovely being more aereal and Narciso Rodriguez more sort of touchable or actually tastable. I am even not sure that I like Narcizo Rodriguez better, although I like it very much. Although not strong lovely has better sillage and satying power than NR EDT and even EDP, which is quite poor from my viewpoint and my only complaint about NR. Lovely has got better sillage and staying power than I initially thought, I actually do not find it bad now. Probably the best celebrity perfume.

dinosgirl3
dinosgirl3

I decided to try this fragrance after reading many reviews that it was one of "the better" celebrity fragrances. Not that I have anything against celebrity fragrances (Jessica Simpson and Britney Spears have some of my absolute favorites), but I was curious to see why so many who tend to brush off the scents of the stars were able to overlook that Lovely was one as well.

It opens with a very dry, woody blast. It has an herbal quality to it from the lavender - but it's a fresh lavender as opposed to medicinal. After a few moments, soft, gentle florals and a bit of sweetness peeks through. I find that the most interesting part of the perfume. While most fragrances would use the florals and sweet fruits as top notes, this one has them in the middle, kind of as a buffer between the woody, herbal top notes and earthy, spicy bottom ones. This makes the fragrance interesting and unique while also keeping it feminine and elegant, preventing the musks and patchouli from being overdone and pungent.

And it wears pretty close to the skin. It's not in-your-face. A rather light, lingering scent that someone would need to lean in to inhale.

Overall I am quite impressed by Lovely. It's smooth, woody, a bit sweet, a bit powdery and definitely warm and spicy with an air of sophistication and hints of seduction.

juicemaven
juicemaven

I loved this one from the first time that I smelled it but had no idea what it was, and my sister in law, in another country, was not saying. For a long time I wondered what that fragrance could have been. Then one day I picked this one up at a steep discount after reading about the notes here, and finally the mystery was solved.
For me Lovely is a very balanced woody/floral with a touch of spice. Not too sweet or too woody. Just right on me(and my sister in law). Lasting power is good for a modern fragrance, 6 to 8 hrs and even longer on fabric. For me a great departure from all the fruits. Smells a lot more expensive than it is and the price won't break the bank.

In mood

The beginning is just horrible, lavender and musk. Nothing special.

EmyPlante
EmyPlante

How on earth does this smell lovely?
Musky and soapy as anything. Can't pick up anything feminine or fresh. Not for me! :(

shitmuffin
shitmuffin

Gorgeous perfume.
It smells almost exactly the same as Bvlgari Rose. Its pretty much like I own two bottles of the same fragrance.
Gorgeous fresh smell, and very womanly. An 'everyday wear' perfume.
Lovely really does live up to its name. Once again, I am impressed with one of Sarah Jessica Parker's perfumes (previously becoming a huge fan of Covet Pure Bloom).

Happy smelling ladies =)

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

I couldn't imagine this smelling like Narciso Rodriguez EDP as the most predominant note is supposed to be lavender , but it honestly does smell so much like it. A soft but distinct floral fragrance, feminine, classy, understated. Worth buying instead of NR. Very nice, but not what I expected it to be.
EDIT: However, for NR lovers, you will surely miss the lovely rosy quality of NR EDP.

Aspendina
Aspendina

ok this does smell a little like Narcisco Rodriquez but doesn't have the last power of that, but even so this is a lovely scent

Vamy69
Vamy69

Soft, clean, feminine and powdery. When I first spray this on it has a rather loud smell that I really do not care for but after it sits on my skin for about an hour it becomes so wonderful. I really love it. It reminds me of that just showered clean type of scent. Perfect for spring and summer. The best part is the sale price of $13 marked down from $52 that I was able to get it for!!!

louisabouisa
louisabouisa

super long lasting, always get compliments, i spray on my pillows, LOVELY

hanjari
hanjari

a light simple flowery scent, very feminine and elegant. it's really good for daily use.

claudja smeller
claudja smeller

(PORTUGUESE)
Quando uso aqui no verão brasileiro, só recebo elogios.

(ENGLISH)

When I use here in the Brazilian summer, I only get compliments.

twilight1234

This is cool. I like it! it's nice and warmly scented.

Pari88
Pari88

I recieved this as a gift over 2 years ago and never wear it but always felt too guilty to give it away because it was a gift. I have used it sparingly, once every few months, and the bottle is still surprisingly almost full. I opened my hat box full of perfumes that are only rarely sprayed, or very highly concentrated and must be completely in darkness. I took a look at the pretty bottle just sitting there and had to revisit it. The result was pretty good.
It is a very comforting fragrances, best in warmer weather. I am in love with essential lavender oil, and use it almost always. I have yet to try many frags that blend the lavender note, and could never really detect the lavender in SJP's Loveley because it was buried behind ashes of what smells like burning incense or musk and woody notes combined. But, now that I can confidently say that my nose has indeed matured from the past, I am beginning to "see" more clearly.
The lavender is blended so well in this. It actually cools off the hot burning musky incense smell.
This is a very yin and yang frag. A feminine musk is actually masculine in this, and a masculine lavender becomes feminine. A crisp note is also lingering behind the musk and lavender; a slight citrus that screams "warm". It is a very hot & cold smell that is actually very lovely and comforting for spring and summer weather. I really like this now and will continue to enjoy it in the warmer months.

p.wolf
p.wolf

I love this elegant, womanly, feminine scent. I have always been told to wear the fragrance you get the most compliments on and this is the one for me!

LunaPearl
LunaPearl

I dont understand...

I am a massive fan of Narciso Rodiguez - it's one of signature favourites, but despite the comparisons I can never warm up to Lovely by SJP.
It just never grew on me and I seem to be the only one who cannot find the similarities.

just_me
just_me

lovely and light

twilight1234

WOW. This is GORGEOUS!! So lovely, it's all in the name really!!!! Well I only got a little tester on a peice of card, but when I had smelt it, it was FABULOUS!!!

This is a perfume with an interesting mix of fragrences. A pure blend of florals, and a tiny pinch of herbs. if I could get it on a card again, I would totally SCREAM!!!!!

cajuncocoa
cajuncocoa

One of my all-time faves, but getting harder and harder to find.

Scentaholic
Scentaholic

Lovely smells so good! Musky, sweet and sexy. I got a rollerball of this and it definitely smells just like NR for her but a little bit lighter. The lasting power is still just as good as NR at least on my skin it's about the same. With that said this is a much cheaper alternative and a quality one at that! I want to get a full bottle now :)

laura95
laura95

Loved this perfume on my two friends, soI bought it. Luckily I got it on sale because it doesn't smell at all the same when its on me?

angelleew

If you can not wear ambers, then DO NOT try this. Body chemistry seems to be very important when considerng this scent. If you can not wear ambers and you try this one, you may have to bathe immediately. Good luck with this one. On me, Arden Beauty smells like putting your nose right into an American Beauty rose. No greens, just roses. Pleasures is a totally different and unrecognizable scent. HOWEVER, you must keep in mind that your body chemistry changes over time, especially if you get pregnant, and along with all of the other weird things that happen, when your body chemistry changes, so do the scents you are drawn to or can wear. This one didn't like me before I was pregnant, and likes me even less now.

bambiphan
bambiphan

Longlast!
Just normal scent, nothing impressed & cheap scent, I think so!

sofababe

Lovely lasts very well on me, several hours. Could the people who complain about the lack of longevity be among the 50% of humans that are anosmic to the musk??

sweetjen
sweetjen

I think this fragrance is beautiful, but the sillage and longevity are pathetic. So many fragrances today just don't last more than 15 minutes, some evn less than that. I am disgusted that SJP would allow her name to be added to such a waste of money and time. I am also so tired of the whole marketing ploy of "layering'. If you have to "layer" a fragrance with body wash, body lotion, etc, to get anything out of it, it is a crime. It is again, a marketing ploy to sell as much product as possible. With money so tight for so many these days, i find it offensive that SJP would put her name to something like this. They know if we love the fragrance so much, we will be ok with constantly "reapplying" and "layering". And I don't fall for the whole, your nose gets used to it, because I ask people and they too smell nothing. Why would anyone in their right mind spend 40-15- for something that lasts no more than 5 minutes. And even if it does make it past the 5 minute mark, you have to be on top of me to smell it. I mean, what is the point??? Not only do I want others to enjoy my scent, but I want to enjoy it, ALL DAMN DAY!!! Without having to reapply. Noone IMO should pick another bottle of SJP's Lovely or any other fragrance that just DOES NOT LAST. I have yet to find one person that this fragrance lasts on. I think alot of us kid ourselves. Maybe fragrances do last longer on one person to the next, but as a whole, 90% of people out there complain this fragrance, and many others these days are crap!!! I think we all need to start heading straight back to where we bought these fragrances after trying them out, and if they don't last or project, return it for a full refund. I am tired of being duped. We need to get the message out that the game of ripping us off is up. Unless you are rolling in the dough and can afford to "layer" all the time, which usually never works anyways, or "reapply" 5-10 times a day, then you should feel equally annoyed. You are not getting what you payed for, simple as that!!! They know what they are doing, it's called selling more product. Please let's help eachother out and start commenting on longevity and sillage with each review and if a fragrance doesn't last, RETURN IT AND DEMAND A REFUND. I bet your bottom dollar these houses will start cleaning up their act and giving us what we pay for, and more importantly, what we DESERVE!!! R-E-S-P-E-C-T!!!

Portia Turbo
Portia Turbo

I have been dissing this perfume while wearing it all week, saying budget NR, till last night. A girlfriend and I sitting around after dinner at home talking perfume and because I've been so dismissive of the scent we sprayed it into the cap.

All of a sudden, I GET IT!

This is so subtle on me that wearing it during the day meant I missed it. Sorry SJP, I didn't give you a chance. This is, in fact, LOVELY!

Sillage, close to the skin after 1 hour
Longevity, respray every couple of hours (It's cheap now so no worries)
Scent, took a while to warm to but now I like it a lot

This is lovely. I find this to be a very tasteful fragrance, suitable for most occasions, but not boring. Its a cool fresh floral, very feminine. The mix of orchid and lavender is heavenly, with the lavender contributing just enough sharpness to keep the fragrance from being too light. The musk and woods are soft, so to me this is mainly a lovely floral.

Spido
Spido

Yes, Lovely! Ordered 100ml bottle for a bargain of £20 yesterday, can't wait to wear it! On me, this is almost exactly like NR For Her EdT (black bottle), but softer and not so strong. Which suite me, as NR gets a bit too strong on me. Lovely has an OK longevity on me, sprayed my arm at around 14 and could still smell it when I went to bed.

Zuuus.p
Zuuus.p

I thought I didn´t like it when I first tried it. But I just changed my thoughts. I am testin the sample right now, again, (thanks to Mel for gifting me that sample!) and I am pleasantly surprised.

It´s smells exactly like the name says, LOVELY, it really is. Not too girly and fun. It´s more womanly, sophisticated, almost mature. Very soft, almost powdery. I am in love with that lavender musky smell. It´s very intimate and stays close to the skin for a very long time. Lasting power is incredible, it surely can be compared to Narciso Rodriguez for her EDP perfume, not just because of the smell, but also because of the quality and lasting power.

As you can tell, the price you pay for that is much more reasonable than in NR for her case. I love it. Desperately need a bottle of this stuff!

mamasgotguns
mamasgotguns

This was fine, but too soft for me. Nothing unique or stand out. Would be a nice weekend fragrance. Doubt I will buy it, but would be satisfied to get as a gift.

nikki1234
nikki1234

my mum has this and it smells amazing on her. sadly it doesnt smell too great on me (im very jelous). Its delicious on the right person.

989jul
989jul

The best celebrity fragrance so far. Similar to NR For Her. But I like the drydown of the last one better.

blacklibran1

This scent smells amazing on a man..one of my winter staples..so clean and musky ....entirely unisex

xmascoral
xmascoral

A LOVELY fragrance to feel sensual instantly!

I finally purchased this perfume and I am in love <3
Everytime I wear it my boyfriend compliments me and inches closer to me. It is truly Lovely!!

fath1ma
fath1ma

I had Narciso for Her EDP first... Then I know from here that it's similar with LOVELY. Yes it iss.. But Lovely is softer, Narciso is musky. Usually I like the soft one, but now I think like Narciso one you can spray twice equal with Lovely 5 spray. I like LOVELY, nicer for hot summer..

jufconnie
jufconnie

Love this scent. not very adventurous but very well done. Next time I would buy the liquid satin version instead of the edp though.

airlie.cunningham
airlie.cunningham

defiantly a "older Womans" Perfume,
i do like the smell tho, but as im only 19, it is not the smell i would like to wear :) lol

Jellybean
Jellybean

soft and feminine scent. at the first spray it comes on too strong, but wait 1,2,3 and it gets like the perfume's name says 'lovely'. delicate, creamy with touch of rosewood, soft musk and hint of lavender which gives off that medicine scent but in small amounts which add crispness to the scent. there's something about this perfume that brings a smile to my face, it's so huggable:)
got it on sale for $20 and what an excellent buy. the only downside, it doesn't last long enough; I get 3 hours max.

geekgoddess
geekgoddess

I really like this, but it disappears in just minutes.

Dj_play_manson
Dj_play_manson

I love this scent!!!

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

For someone who purports to be a fragrance fanatic or connoisseur, SJP should have cringed at putting her name to this soapy harsh mess. I tried it recently at a chemist shop and although the first 5 minutes were acceptable but boring, it changed into a sharp soapiness which made a joke out of the name "Lovely". I'm sorry to those lovers of this stuff, but for me it was just a waste of time.

Museumgal

I find this one is very love/hate. You have to love lavender to like this perfume, otherwise the almost masculine scent will drive you nuts, especially as the musk comes in quick and strong behind the opening florals. But if you like lavender this is a good one to choose as that is the dominant note to me.

username123
username123

Beautiful bottle. I must say I fell for the bottle - smell is like cheap, harsh deodorant. When I wear this, my friend tells me I smell like a man.

noseattheready
noseattheready

Stunning first outing by the Sex & the City starlet.
Musk is the star in this scent (at least on my skin), with supporting roles by lavender and woods.
I love the softness and powdery aspect to the musk in Lovely.
While it may not be a completely original scent, Lovely has a place in my fragrance wardrobe...and I'm sure it'll stay there for a while to come.

alassouli
alassouli

I used to have it ... The damn bottle wouldn't even finish so after 75% was done, i had to garbage it. Smells gross. It is for people who love SOAPY smells. It used to give me headaches. Please proceed with caution .

[OCT/26/2011]

maymemaye
maymemaye

There is something about this that starts off smelling like bug spray to me. And yet when it dries down it smells great. I also find that it combines really well with rosemary-- I have a rosemary bush in my backyard, and when I have trimmed branches from or messed with it while wearing Lovely I smell (even more) incredible afterwards.

nina13
nina13

This is very fresh. But I do find a note that was very sharp to my nose. Was it the patchouli? I think it was ._.

Bandit

I chose that for work today and it worked out good. BUT: This is so weak! I had to use 4 sprays, which I never do and even than it quickly faded. I even sprayed my hair and clothes, but that made no difference. No sillage either.

It's really expansive that way. I'm not sure, if it's worth it. Maybe a nice body lotion after the shower does the same?

margien
margien

I first bought Lovely from Sarah Jessica Parker. I had to get used to it, I thought it was a quite overwhelming scent at first. Then I grew to love it, and now for me it is a quite distinct(ive), not mainstraim, perfume. Apparently I like musky flavours. Then I smelled Narciso Rodriquez and to me it was almost the same as Lovely (but a lot more expensive at the moment in Holland). A pity that Lovely will not be produced in the future. Missed opportunity I think.

Miffy8900
Miffy8900

Cute, clean and soapy. Good for work :)

jtd
jtd

I read Chandler Burr’s story of the ridiculousness of the making of this scent and an Hermès Jardin fragrance, and then, of course, was dying to try it. What’s funny, though, is that for all the attention centered on Lovely and the Hermès scent, I found them both to be first and foremost dull. I thought that I would at least find Un Jardin sur le Nil intriguing or memorable. 5 minutes after testing it, though, I could only vaguely even remember it, and never went back to try it again.

As ho-hum as Lovely is, I like that it’s a musk fragrance. Little wood, little flower, BIG MUSK. Enough musk that this could be a musk-in-the-title perfume if it chose to be. Soft, when used to describe musk usually means rounded and comfortable. This is soft like soggy. The cloying musk burdened with flowers and patchouli is all weight and no buoyancy. Also a bit like chewing a taffy ‘til your jaw aches—it takes effort and seems to go on forever. Still, if you like sweet, this is better than most candy-perfumes.

honeypot
honeypot

Smells just like burnt sugar when you first put it on - yummy!

And I mean that as a compliment! It has a burnt sugar, candyfloss smell - without being too sweet.

My ex used to say that it just smelled like 'me' and that it was 'lovely'.

Didn't LOVE LOVE LOVE it though, don't know if I'll buy it again.

blanketbay
blanketbay

This perfume smells so cheap. I got a vapid sort of indistinct floral mix for a few minutes, then several hours of chemical overly-soapy musk that would not come off my clothes. Headache inducing. Proceed with caution.

Dongning
Dongning

I just bought it few months ago and I loved the way lavender smells. Though my boyfriend said I smelled like an old lady with the fragrance. So I put it in wardrobe untouched. And just this morning, I smelled a "Lovely" lady on the bus. It's totally another different thing when you detect your own perfume on others. That lady smells really greatly. I love lavender and I love "Lovely".

Nirhtuc
Nirhtuc

I think this is a perfume that really varies in scent according to body chemistry. My mother bought this for me, but it smelled SO bad when I put it on! It was like having a layer of synthetic body odour- not 'lovely' by any means! My sister took one whiff off the bottle and said "What a nice, subtle scent" and lo and behold- it smells great on her (i.e. clean florals, not disgusting B.O.!). It was a sad experience overall, because I really wanted to like it and unfortunately, could not! Recommendation: test before buying.

SimplyAbbey
SimplyAbbey

Ive had a bottle of this sitting on my desk for 3 years now. I never wear it because it smells horrible. I dont really know what turns me off about it...its almost like cleaning liquid

honeysuckle77
honeysuckle77

The dry down smells exactly like RL Lauren Style. I already have Lauren Style and I enjoy the top and middle notes in Lauren Style more than I do in Lovely. Both perfumes are peppery on me, but Lauren Style wins out.

boruvka44
boruvka44

Lovely is accurate name. A lot of elegance for cheap. I love the bottle too, very pretty and cute. I also found these almost identical to Lovely: Red Door velvet, Rumeur and NR for her.

Aredore
Aredore

I want to like this fragrance. I really, really do. Unfortunately, this is one scent where it's appeal to Mr. Turin will forever go over my head, as I simply can't smell it. I get white flowers and then nothing. Light, airy, instant vanishment.

jennibean

I've been wanting to purchase Narciso Rodriguez's perfume for the longest time but I found it to be a bit pricey in my local shops. But then I read the reviews that SJP's Lovely smells quite similar. So I tried it on my skin today and the reviews were very accurate!!! So similar to NR's perfume. Gorgeous!!!

I absolutely love this scent and I think I might even like it better than the NR perfume! So much cheaper too!

This will be my next purchase :)

Redlipstick
Redlipstick

This is exactly what the name says - lovely. A beautiful soft floral that's office-friendly. A bit boring perhaps, but truly lovely.

Other reviewers mention a similarity to Narciso Rodriguez For Her and it's got that same clean musk vibe. I get soft floral notes with a hint of lavender and rosewood. Gardenia isn't listed as a note but it's there - this is almost a gardenia bomb on my skin.

Soft, feminine and classic without overpowering anamalic notes. Lovely!

aprilmoon
aprilmoon

I think this scent truley is 'lovely'! I wear it often, but have yet to receive a compliment on it. Maybe it doesn't smell very interesting on me. People have commented on other fragrances I have worn, but never this one.

parfumfashion
parfumfashion

Its an ok perfume I put it on once in a while when I am out with friends... but not really my favourite...

jenncar24
jenncar24

This is a thumbs down.. smell is so STRONG on me one spray and I was overwhelmed and very masculine not sweet maybe a hint of floral...I immediately returned this back to the store.Washed it off my skin and still was there 8 hours later..So if you want long lasting this is for you. I wanted to Love it!!!! So disappointed.

orchid_84
orchid_84

What a wonderful surprise...this is gorgeous! I agree this is very similar to Narciso Rodgriguez For Her. For someone who enjoys the scent of NR (but finds the staying power terrible as I do), Lovely is a great alternative. I find this exceptional for a celebrity fragrance. It's a nice change from the synthetic fruit-and-sugar bombs that celebs usually seem to put on the market.

This is a beautiful, soft, woodsy floral musk. Lovely brings together light, soft florals, a pinch of fresh citrus, and the perfect dose of dusty musk and clean woods. The lavender also brings a nice herbal, aromatic quality. This is so serene, calm, and delicate. It feels classic, feminine and intimately sensual.

Surprisingly, this lasts extraordinarily well (Narciso Rodgriguez lasts about 5 mins on me) and the sillage is very nice. Staying power aside, I also prefer the scent of Lovely over NR as well. The florals are a little more unique (lavendar, daffodil and orchid). The strong florals in NR makes it feel a little more dated by comparison, with a tiny bit of that bathroom-deodorizer vibe to it. Lovely feels more modern in my opinion....a great find!

renperd
renperd

This is Narciso Rodriguez on a serious budget.Thinner, less depth, less complicated, but still good musk. Gentle with a little aromachemical spike that reminds you that you didn't pay top dollar for this juice.

hidayahshafiz
hidayahshafiz

Lovely it is! I first bought this perfume while on holiday in Singapore and I fell in love with it instantly. Unfortunately, the connection that we had was too short and sweet. I didn't fancy it after quite some time and pass it to my lovely sister. It has floral and powdery scent which is LOVELY but perhaps,maybe it's for younger girls out there. It's fairly true that it's pleasant for office wear.

Cookie2

Oh - and another new simiar perfume to both NR and Lovely is Eli Saab's new one. This is heavier than both so apply sparingly, and more honey apparent in the top notes, but has a lovely subtle floral drydown - not musk like NR.

Cookie2

I agree that this smells very much like Narciso Rodriguez For Her. Both are beautiful but NR is a more complex perfume with more depth and dries down to a musk - whereas Lovely keeps a similar scent in the dry down. I'm not so keen on the musk dry down in NR so will stick with Lovely!

salihah
salihah

my dad got me it smells gorgeous not to overpowering

xstitchalanna
xstitchalanna

I really smell a nice floral to this. It isn't a sweet floral but more like you are walking through a garden of flowers, very soft. Mostly I smell the floral notes but every once in a while I smell the wood notes. I have worn this on other days where I can smell the wood more then the floral. It must be my chemistry. This is another favorite of mine. I am sad they discontinued it. It is exactly like it's name Lovely.

violetrose
violetrose

i love lovely...it is so lovely. Flowery, musky, powdery, I get loads of compliments. It is very similar to Narciso Rodriguez but much cheaper. xxx

fragaholic79
fragaholic79

Aaaah! The swaying fields of lavender in Provence. Lovely is a soft spicy lavender woody musk. I don`t experience all the notes on my skin. The prominent note is no doubt lavender. It`s perfect for warmer months when fragrances that are too sweet gets cloying very quickly. It feels clean and fresh but not citrussy.It`s hard to tell from the bottle,but i find it`s a tad masculine too. It can be unisex even though I cant imagine a guy buying something called lovely which is pink and comes in a bottle with a lavender ribbon around it :) The bottle is beautiful. Elegant and vintage in style. Interestingly, the drydown of lovely is exactly like Narcisso Rodriguez For Her ( the pink bottle). So, if u like `for her' but find it too expensive this is very very similar.

smritivsingh
smritivsingh

Lovely was actually a gift for my sister but when it came it slightly reminded me of Red Door Velvet by Elizabeth Arden. So, I decided to keep it for myself and gave her another one which she likes. However, after few days only it got boring. I did get some compliments here and there but people had to come really close ..meaning poor silage.. And.. after even 5 or 6 sprays it would vanish right away from my body... I can't even smell it on myself... I still crave for Red Door Velvet... And for Lovely I finished the bottle...and why not.. after all I had invested my money into it.... I'll get a decent one next time.

SnowVirgin
SnowVirgin

I'm kind of wanting to thumb this down because I CAN BARELY SMELL ANYTHING! I really can't believe it. I've doused myself with this (10 sprays) and all I smell is very faint roses and champagne. Maybe my nose is broken.

Beketaten
Beketaten

This is a perfume I wear time and time again to work. It is not too sweet and girly, nor too sexy and is perfect for daytime.

tracysakon
tracysakon

I really wanted to like Lovely. I personally love SJP, and this scent is supposed to represent Carrie from SITC. I also admire SJP for going the nontraditional route, and steering away from the generic fruity florals most celebrities produce.

However, I must say I hate the smell on me. It smells like some sort of strange chemical. The description says it is not a "sharp" fragrance, but on me it is!

mymlan
mymlan

I do love the idea behind Lovley: The nostalgic freshness from the lavender, the sweetness from the fruits and flowers and the hint of patchouli that adds sensuality to this mixture.

I have been on the fence of buying it many times, but unfortunately, for me it's a bit too weak and safe for my taste. Still I think it is a very nice - or shall I say "Lovely" fragrance for the right person.

mademoiselle_cicky
mademoiselle_cicky

I love this but sadly this is too calm for me, and not long lasting also hiks :(

thepicketywitch
thepicketywitch

The scent begins with crisp notes of mandarin orange, bergamot, and just the faintest hint of lavender, all of which are softened by rosewood. Middle notes are orchid and patchouli, which, in my opinion, is a bold move, and one that works. Patchouli is quite a heavy element in terms of fragrance, and is really only appropriate (in my opinion) as a base note, but the blending is so perfect that it mixes seamlessly. The base is made up of a blend of woodsy notes, cedar, and white musk.

It does smell different on different people. On an acquaintance of mine, it is a dark sort of elegance; light glinting off of polished wood, with only the merest hint of a floral. On me, the orchid is slightly stronger, and it sweetens the cedar, rosewood and patchouli, making it warm and creamy. It has a sweet, feminine quality; just enough floral to stay light, and is overall very, very classy. I try to limit myself to patchouli only for night, but this is definitely a patchouli you can wear during the day. It’s silky and creamy, delicate and incredibly feminine. I feel like such a lady wearing this.

ChelseaMorgan
ChelseaMorgan

Not a huge fan of this scent. It's pleasant but nothing special. The lasting power on my skin was a total disappointment. No matter how much I put on I could never smell it on myself. The bottle was pretty though.

aniston
aniston

It opens up with a strong floral/medicinal smell but after a while it develops into a very creamy, sensitive, inoffensive floral scent. I'll use this for formal occasions.
I'm just disappointed with its lasting power coz there's none! Better spray on your clothes but will really take time before the "real" scent develop.

old nose
old nose

i bought sjp after smelling it at our local dept. store. I thought it was nice there but started wearing it and it faded right away,i have seen other sjp perfumes but im not intrested.

farihan
farihan

when i first smelled this on a paper strip at a perfume counter, i felt that it smelled so nice and i thought it suited me.
unfortunately when i bought a bottle, it turned out to be i had headache every time i wore it. i just can't stand the smell.
i guess it depends on how your body react with it. it might be great on other, but unfortunately not on me.
so there is still a 50ml of this perfume on my rack..
maybe i should sell it back.

Louw
Louw

I usually avoid any fragrance with a celebrity name attached to it but I tried this one and was pleasantly surprised.

To me it's very floral - I don't get any of the hints of Martini or citrus notes - with a slightly musky base. It's a clean, crisp, pretty scent but it doesn't make its presence known too strongly so would be good for office wear.

Not one I want to add to my own collection, and nothing to make it truly unique among perfumes but a nice easy-going daytime fragrance.

Aling23
Aling23

My mum bought this for me back in 05 when it first came out...wasnt super excited about it back then.
Picked the bottle up a year later and couldnt understand why I hadnt liked it before!? go figure.
I like it alot. Good for daytime work-wear but still sexy sophisticated enough for nightime as well.
Chic Classic scent - good all-round perfume!

smellME
smellME

I found this on my shelf in the cupboard, ready to try it again after some years...How could I drop this unique and wonderful scent, Very flowery ,yes but lavender patchouli and musk is my favs so what can I say.
Really love how it develops on my skin during the day. the musky finish comes late but stays. I think that the lavender makes the perfume a little masculine and therefor,a little more interesting ,than others.
Some say its similar to Rodriguez For Her,
good for me -I love this more !

cimfonica
cimfonica

It's smell a little bit like NR, but the drydown is different, like NR more.

Bicewtry
Bicewtry

It's the most beautiful celebrity perfume. And is very inexpensive for a good smell. Get compliments!

cdz28
cdz28

The lavender in this fragrance is way too overpowering for my taste. Lovely bottle, though.

Sandralisa88
Sandralisa88

Too bad this didn't work well on me. Luckily I just tested it. I'm sure those who love it, smell lovely on them.

icekat
icekat

LOVELY reminds me of a forest after the rain. The sun is peaking through the clouds and reflects on the gentle raindrops left on the foliage. The birds are singing in delight that the thunderstorm is over. The air smells like a fresh and damp grass mixed with the light herbal and woody notes. The feeling is relaxing, comforting and reflective.

LOVELY starts with the lavender layered with the citrus and wood notes. The scent definitely has herbal and a bit mossy vibe. The scent transitions into woody green heart notes. I LOVE the way the orchids are mixed with the patchouli. It is like they are peaking through the green and woody patchouli foliage, a bit shy and quiet, but very pretty. There is no oakmoss but to me it seems like it is there towards the dry down mixing with the woody musk.

I learnt to appreciate this fragrance only in spring. I have tried it first on a cold day in December and dismissed it as bland and not interesting. But it really blossomed on a warm spring day. The composition is quite beautiful when it interacts in a right way with the skin. The sillage is medium. The longevity is good – at least 8 hours.
(This review is for Eau de Perfume)

sofababe

Gorgeous bottle, gorgeous scent. I have to agree on the similarities to NR for Her, they are alike but Lovely is softer in the drydown I think. I love them both, have them both, and wear them both.
On a SJP topic, I prefer Covet Pure Bloom of all her frags. I'm not taken at all with the Lovely Collection however, I have sniffed 2 of the 3 and I have to say.....Eurgh!!

Lovely is Lovely :-)

zennia04
zennia04

bought it mainly for the reason that it's by SJP.. The scent is nothing special to me, smells soft & powdery and there's something about the scent that reminds me of a rexona deo, well maybe it's just me.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

This actually is far from lovely, quite the opposite in fact! On me, it is plain bad.

pandorosa
pandorosa

Very calming with lavender note, like a baby pink chiffon on me.

KateZeGreat
KateZeGreat

One first application, I get a burst of springtime flowers: lilac, lilly-of-the-valley, orange blossom. Then in a few minutes it's a rolling ambery-musk that fades down into a dry, powdery, cedar-sweetness in a few hours. Very pleasant, very wearable for everyday. For some reason, the final chords of this perfume remind me of Aura-Cacia oils, specifically "Egyptian Goddess". Must be the amber! Either way, this is a nice scent - not groundbreaking, but a nice 'fume.

krissycat
krissycat

This smells exactly like Narciso Rodriguez to me. Just a whole lot cheaper to buy

kawaiisha
kawaiisha

Just like the name, its just LOVELY! always get compliments! people will say whos that it smells so good! and i just smile :)

brindlegirl
brindlegirl

I tested this today and am currently wearing it.

It really isnt' for me. It is giving me a slight headache and I find it quite strong.

Its very floral and I'm not picking up any woody notes. It smells very clean and soapy. Which is why i dislike it, it smells to much to me like a bar of soap.

Good points, its subtle and very unoffensive. If you wanted to smell clean and like something this is the fragrance for you.

However there is nothing special about it.

lafefe
lafefe

Wearing it I feel confortable and sexy, I'm so glad I'm practically wearing Narciso Rodriguez without paying for that! They're basically the same fragrance although the notes are playing hide and seek to fool us. Lovely is a bit sharper in the beginning while I find NR smoother but both are enjoyable and very nice, especially for spring. I love Lovely drydown and the cosy, self-confident feeling it leaves on my skin.

adele l
adele l

The drydown of Lovely is exactly the same as the Narciso Rodriguez for her edp, so if you love that scent but it's too expensive you know what to do! I do find Lovely's opening sharp but it quickly settles down into a quiet, feminine musk..the patchouli and lavender seem nonexistent in the drydown, which is great for me. Very ladylike, quite wearable for any occasion. Soft with good staying power on my skin..very impressive for a celebrity fragrance!

neeve
neeve

I had the strangest thought when I smelled this for the first time – “Jane Bennet (from P & P) would smell like this” – powdery, soft and feminine.

Lovely is slightly sharp on test strip and on clothes but on my skin it stays a light woody, a soft powdery, and a clean skin scent.

I feel one or two sprays is enough - the musk can be a little overwhelming, especially in hot weather. I have also been successful in layering this with my florals.

Lovely is indeed very lovable.

Orielle
Orielle

I absolutely adore "Lovely" by Sarah Jessica Parker. I have finally found a perfume that lasts very well on my skin, and the fragrance itself is gorgeous. Its warm and sensual musk envelopes my body in a soft cloud of sensuality and stays with me throughout the day. Every now and then I catch a whiff and it gives me a feeling of pleasure and comfort. My mood seems to lift when I'm wearing Lovely. It fits like a glove on me and I feel sooo feminine wearing it. It's my go-to daytime scent. Definitely a staple in my collection. I think this will become a modern classic and be around for a long time to come.

magda14012

Now that I finished off my bottle of Narcisso Rodriguez For Her I went for Lovely. As many of you indicated it is quite similiar to For Her, though I find it a bit softer and rather more feminine than sexy. In fact, it also reminds me of Idylle - Guerlain.
The scent is very long lasting and wears very well.

magda14012

The scent is very long lasting and wears very well.

jedikitty

@namat: Thumb down for plagiarising perfumegirl's review that was posted earlier (scroll down).
Not cool!

oona noir
oona noir

This is for a young woman who looks tame on the outside but has hidden passions. Lots of musk here for musk lovers!

dishabille
dishabille

This is the one perfume I can never get enough offor daytime wear. It is elegant and feminine, with mystique aplenty that is certainly not overpowering or too distinct. It reminds me of the quiet intelligence and romance of Chloe EDP.

Not to mention the bottle is perhaps one of the best bottles I've held in my hand, and to have to say that of a classic perfume bottle shape -- the whole creation is ingenious. The ribbon around the top and the perfume cap is gorgeous. It's such a wondrous gift to give.

Well done, SJP!

ChouliGaloria
ChouliGaloria

I love Lovely. Hands down. This scent so works on my skin chemistry. The patchouli note really comes through in my nose and I love chouli when it's done up nicely and this perfume is done up nicely and -lovely-. Smells clean, womanly, -lovely-, fresh, musky, good. Lovely bottle and good color. I have a backup bottle but I certainly hope this lovely perfume is never discontinued because it would be a terrible shame. This is the only SJP scent that I really like anyway. Her first one IS her best one. The body lotion and the Lovely Liquid Satin spray are also fantastic, I meant to say lovely. :-)

cindo45
cindo45

This Lovely cologne is a CLASSIC - please do not ever discontinue...This would be ever so heartbreaking. Sad that it is so hard to find in retail stores now, but so worth the hunt! If this does not smell wonderful on you, then I must say it has to be your body chemistry, b/c this perfume is perfection - Thanks SJP - And PLSE don't EVER take it away.... :)

nancy2684
nancy2684

I can be a perfume snob and my general rule of thump is to stay clear of mass produced celebrity 'perfumes'.
However upon trying lovely on recommendation by a colleague I was instantly mesmerised by this sensual yet romantic scent.
The scent is very classic yet modern, delicate yet strong and all these juxapositions allows for a very enduring and lovely fragrance.
Like the name suggest this perfume is simply LOVELY!!!

SenecaWhite
SenecaWhite

This is my mother's signature perfume, so I tried to push aside the "mature lady perfume" stereotype out of my mind when trying this.
I didn't like it. The top notes are prety and soft but afer 20 minutes, all I smelled was musk, musk, and more musk with no other notes to balance it out. Maybe musk just doesn't agree with my body chemistry but my wrist smelled horrible.

RRCOOLMAMA2
RRCOOLMAMA2

How can you not like this? It's pleasant, soft, clean and great for work meaning it's safe. The only celebrity scent worth having. I like it.

In mood

I hated the beginning of this perfume, it was very suffocating and sharp. After a while, I enjoyed sniffing my wrist. It is a very musky floral perfume. It is similar with Narciso Rodriguez for her. Musk, musk & musk.

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

I bought my sister this perfume, she very liked it! The note of apple martini makes this perfume uniqe and rather different than other floral perfumes. It took 2 bottles of this perfume before she went to another perfume (Hermes Kelly Caleche) :)

kylexora
kylexora

Update : after years of collecting perfume, I do realize that few of my perfume smell almost identical and almost similar to each other, including this. This is the perfume that I mean :
Bvlgari Rose Essentielle
Lanvin Rumeur
Annick Goutal Musc Nomade
Narcisso Rodrigues For Her EDP
Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely

Don't you think they share the almost same smell??? Gosh, I have each of them!!!

Frangipani76
Frangipani76

Wow nowadays this scent quite populer in my neighbourhood. Every now and then I inhale a soft wind that brings this "Lovely" frag. The name really suits this perfume that has femininity, softness and freshness in one package. In the top notes I've recognised the balsamic-like scents, then the lavender dominates from the middle until the end. The drydown is woodsy and musky than amberish.

loesje234
loesje234

I read "The perfect scent" by Chandler Burr, which is all about this perfume and about Un jardin sur le Nil from Hermes. The way this perfume was constructed, made me curious. Normally, I wouldn't buy a celebrity perfume, but I liked how SJP always used three products to smell one scent. She used an Egyptian oil, a cheap musk and a men's scent. All at the same time, just to get a perfect smell which she loves. It could be me, always searching for that special perfume.
I found it at first in Narcisso Rodrigues, but wanted to try this one also because of the book and your positive comments. And guess what? My two favorite men both said within 24 hours that I smell gorgeous! Wauw, normally they don't smell anything..:-)
It is a skin scent, people around you won't notice it, but those who come near you, will. I think I get the bodyspray to go along with it, hoping for more sillage...
I can see the simmilarity to NR, but only in the opening! This one is fruitier and less musky. Like it also!

perfumegirl
perfumegirl

this is a great perfume for a typical girly girl nice girl this is what id classify as an office worker type fragrance , picture the person pin stripe suit at the office desk , a rather unassuming scent a little bit tame considering this is an sjp fragrance cute is the word im looking for and reminds me quite a lot of some of the more classic lavendar based fragrances that have been out for years !

bolla2909
bolla2909

This one is like a warm blanket, spicey, sweet and soft. None of my friends liked it (none of my friends like my taste in perfumes when they smell it from the bottle, but always comment on how good I smell and ask if I´m wearing something new) but I bought it anyway and do not regret ot :)

Dian Dananjaya
Dian Dananjaya

hmm, i have for test it..
smell soo flowery, soft, powdery..
in the top note smell so fresh lil bit like balsam..
but its not match with my ages..
its perfect for mama or my aunt and elder sister..

RobbieX
RobbieX

My Diane wears this and I think it's really gorgeous - reminds me of Paloma Picasso. Quite strong with a good dash of patchoulli, good sillage and longevity. Lovely smell....lovely bottle.

merilu59
merilu59

Un profumo molto pulito ed elegante,
ma poco persistente

guest_krissy
guest_krissy

LOVE LOVE LOVE. ITS A REALLY PRETTY SOFT FLORAL PERFUME AND I LOVE IT FOR DAY TIME WEAR. ITS SUBTLE WHICH I LIKE, I HATE WHEN U WALK INTO A ROOM AND IT SMELLS LIKE A HOS HANGBAG AND CHOKES YOU

LIN
LIN

A very clean and elegant scent, not sweet at all. at first i didn't like it because it reminded me "Cabaret" by Gres which i can't stand.. but as i sprayed it ones or twise i found out that it much more soft, clean and feminine then the Cabaret, so now i'm using it ones in a while, but this one will never be my favorite..

ducktuck
ducktuck

I am impressed by this. I always tend to be a little skeptical of fragrances put out by the rich and famous, but I should really get over that because sometimes they take me by surprise.
I immediately did a double take/sniff after smelling this for the first time because I must say that I personally have never smelled any perfume similar to it, which for me is an attention grabber whether I think it smells good or not. I find that so many fragrances remind me of one another, and it really is rare for me to smell something that feels new. This smelt new to me, and enjoyable. I think this would be a great everyday scent, to me it seemed light and non offensive, but still made a statement that you have unique tastes and can bend the mold.

Roma27
Roma27

I have a miniature of this in my collectors tray. Had it for so long but never bothered testing it until today. Well I was pleasantly surprised by how well it goes with my skin. Again the citrusy notes always gets my attention & then its like an orchid explosion which I just love! The combination here is excellent....I will be purchasing a big bottle of this Lovely very soon.

Edit: I now have my larger bottle but will have to stock up on much more at the rate i'm using my stash ; )

jedikitty

Uhm, looks like I will, yet again, be in the minority of people for whom this scent did not work.
Swayed by the hype of the ads just after its release, I have gone (obviously mad) and bought a full size, a whooping 3.4 oz. of this on eBay.

What a big mistake that turned out to be. "Lovely" was not lovely at all, at least not on me. I was getting a lot of lavender, and what seemed like two tons of patchouli, and some nutmeg (?!?)... and not much else, and it all smelled kind of faked, plasticky.

Lovely was the bottle, however, simple and elegant, with a fully functional sprayer (a pet peeve in oh so many bottles and samplers). Other than that, sadly, not so much. And, to make things worse, I kept washing and washing but just could not, for the life of me, get this off me. Isn't it alwasy the case though? Again, body chemistry at its un-finest...

dhtamara
dhtamara

This one smells very much like Narcisso Rodriguez for her edt, and I really like that one, especially in the fall when leaves are falling of the trees.It stays fairly long on my skin and when I enter my bathroom the smell lingers on in the air. A very clean smell.Well done!

melodytoyou
melodytoyou

there's nothing else I can say about lovely except "I Love It very Much"

AmandaK
AmandaK

Love this one! Its like getting a hug from the softest, prettiest flower you've ever smelled. A very upbeat and endearing fragrance.

orchidlover
orchidlover

My relationship with Lovely is a quite strange.
When I sniffed at first when it was launched, I really found it awful and I hated it. I was younger with other preferences.
But now I decided I'll give it another try. The result is amazing:
I was surprised because I LOVE this Lovely scent.
The fragrance is still the same, but my taste was changed during the years. I'm happy with this perfume now.
The only problem is the lasting power: it is weak on me. :(

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

This is a great scent it is very long lasting and not overpowering. It has a fresh musky quality and I do find it similar to NR EDT but not as deep and heavy. It is lighter fresher. Me likey, and honestly I am not a fan of celebrity perfumes but sarah got it right! I think Sarah, Kate moss and JLO have the best celebrity fragrances!

miss_piggy
miss_piggy

I haven't tried Narciso Rodriguez and can't agree or disagree on the comparison. IMHO this smells like Bijan Wicked (which was also compared to NR), even though the notes are different. Not bad, just blah.

hantafromsanta
hantafromsanta

I ordered a mini of this unsniffed hoping it to be a Narciso Rodriguez for her EdT dupe, and now will buy a whole bottle of this knowing it's different.
.. However, if it wasn't as much of a bargain, and this and NR would share the similar steep pricetag, I'd honestly opt for the latter as it has much more.. oomph.
Luckily it's so low priced I can afford and justify to myself to own both.
Lovely lasts a little longer on me actually, probably as it's an EdP, the lasting power in general and sillage are quite ok in both.

They're in the same group, but NR EdT is more fruity in the opening (meh), and overall much more sharp, more provocative(which I love).

Lovely on the other hand is much much softer and well, lovely *duh*, more cuddly.
Mainly because of the strong musk notes I find this very sexy.. but in a light and innocent way!
I can imagine this to be one of those scents that, while being inoffensive, would draw people closer to you because you smell so inviting - At least I always feel very comfy wearing this scent. NR for her EdT smells more edgy and a little more aloof, which would make it more appropriate for the office and similar occasions to me than the more soft, tender and approachable Lovely.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

To my nose, this is the exact same synthetic pink musk smell as in Narciso Rodriguez EDP. Except it is sitting on a woodier base as opposed to NR's creamier one.

After an intial battle, I have grown to love NR. And so it is with its slightly less refined sister, Lovely who reaps the benefits of my ardour.

My only decision now, is whether to buy NR or Lovely?

One the one hand, NR has much better sillage & longevity but it makes me sneeze & seems to be something of a one-trick (musk) wonder. On the other hand Lovely, has a very nice woodiness to add interest but it stays quite close to the skin & requires reapplication which negates the price equation somewhat.

What to do??????

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

I quite like Lovely!

Although the bottle looks feminine and powdery floral, the perfume inside has what could be described as a masculine/unisex edge to it. I'm serious. If you look at the notes Fragrantica provides, you'll see why: (with the exception of perhaps orchid) the top, middle and base ingredients are all commonly found in men's fragrances too.

On me? Predominant notes are probably lavender, and cedar. It's more of a woodsy-musk than floral. I am absolutely not a lover of patchouli, but on my skin it doesn't stand out. Sillage and lasting power both decent.

To my nose, this is quite different from the usual scents out there -- and in a good way.

Continuing my stroll through celebrity frag land, I've decided to take up a couple of neglected Sarah Jessica Parker edps once again.

Last winter when I was first trying out SJP LOVELY (an inexplicable blind buy...), it seemed so evanescent that it could have been a feminine deodorant or body spray. Or "shower in a bottle," as my little sister and I would say back in the days when we were both runners.

Today, deep in the heart of a very hot July, I am actually finding LOVELY to be rather assertive. Unfortunately, what it's saying I'm not liking all that much. I smell a lot of plastic patchouli and musk, along with flowers vaguely redolent of magnolia for some reason. I detect neither lavender nor orchid, and I am not sure that I know what daffodils smell like. (Perhaps like magnolia?)

I am now even more convinced that this would make a better deodorizer than a perfume. Still, given the choice, I'd rather smell like this than Betty Crocker canned white frosting or a bad cocktail made with brown pineapple juice and artificially flavored maraschino cherries. Happily, those choices are not exhaustive.

I will say that the bottle is very lovely indeed! I'll try again in the fall...

perfumistaani
perfumistaani

Its a nice perfume to put on when you go somewhere nice and fancy

fanciful
fanciful

I didn't know what to think of this perfume at first when I smelled it.. But then it started haunting me and I just had to go and buy it! I've been wearing it for a pretty long time now and I'm still not completely bored with it (I get bored with perfumes pretty easily).

It's light, airy, flowery, romantic, soft, sensual, young, original and not too sweet. A perfect daytime fragrance for me!

Sassy1
Sassy1

My previous review was in cold weather and this scent was virtually transparent, verging on non-existent.
Now that it's summer, I tried it again.
Ginger.
That's all I get.
I'm still not a fan.

delphine67
delphine67

very soft floral.dont smell appelmartini though

evelyn.www
evelyn.www

I was very suprised with Lovely, unfortunately, in a negative way. I like fresh/light scents and many people reccomended this to me. Finally, today i could smell it on my wrist... The attendent sprayed it very near, and it was very strong (even 2 hours later - obs: long lasting)! Flowery/musky, more like classic and it was anything but fresh! The drydown stilled very flowery, a bit sweet and sth appears, maybe patchouli, i don´t know.

Sorry girls, but combined with the chemistry of my skin, in someway it showed synthetic and cheap, like dolls perfume (maybe coz of this some say it´s romantic...). Wasnt a good experience.

I cant see how some people find it girlish and seductive. Maybe on others skin it can be a lot different, so dont buy it before testing. I´d say this is for middle aged women. In the very end it starts to be a little soapy. Just not my type. Later I´ll try Covet, it seemed interesting on card.

swenada
swenada

Oh Gosh!!! This was a terrible terrible olfactory experience... I did not like it at all. My husband walked by a couple minutes later and I asked him to smell my wrist. He was like uuuugh!!!What's that? ( Face looking like he just walked into a messy public toilet lol)
I love you SJP and this was your first fragrance I sniffed out, I really don't like it though. It says nothing bad about her perfume though folks. It just means that it's not my personal choice... Still willing to try your other fragrances though.

fragrancestien
fragrancestien

soft pretty feminine lacey comforting clean precious i love this one dont get the old lady thing as a matter of fact i take offense to that and im under 30 but we will all be older one day and we have all been 18 it also bothers me to see some write to sweet its for tweens i like a good sticky sweet scent when done beautifuly and i love a spicy woody oriental when done beautifuly any how . . . .my only complaint is that this one is ''almost' to soft it could use a lil more lavendar and white amber but still she a keeper

CherryLou
CherryLou

Lovely is a very classy perfume. The patchouli is quite strong in the middle but even I as a true patchouli hater don't find it that disturbing.

The drydown is the very best part of this perfume. When first spraying it on I find it a bit too strong for me. When dried down Lovely remains subtle, ultrafeminine and sexy really close to your skin for several hours. At least on me the staying power is really good.

I'd wear Lovely for an intimate date of for the first date. It makes a perfect and a safe choice. The bottle is as lovely as it's name presumes.

panda0410
panda0410

I must admit to being torn by Lovely, some days I wear this and am in love with the soft romantic notes, other days I wear this and think to myself wth was I thinking when I bought it?

There is little to no lavender in this for me and thats disappointing, I really adore a good traditional lavender scent. The apple is there, it really sparkles in the top and I rather enjoy that! The bergamot is typically sharp which conflicts with the overtures of this perfume and I was hugely disappointed to see it in this perfume, I can smell it (I despise this note in just about all perfumes) and even in the lovely Lovely its there - sharp and citric in an otherwise beautiful fragrance and I just cant stand it. It does fade after a bit and you are left with the sparkling apples instead which is lovely, but it could have done without the Bergamot altogether.
I do think that the patchouli in the heart was a horrible addition to such a pretty perfume, this is another note that in most cases assaults my senses. Would have prefered to see a luxurious floral (osmanthus perhaps) in the heart as opposed to that, though the orchid softens up the bitter patchouli note.
All the woody notes are detectable and thats fine by me, love most woods. Cedar in the base gives this a lovely lift, without it this might have been dull and flat.

It does smell a lot like NR For Her on opening, it changes distinctly through the development phases and while Lovely is musky it totally lacks the incredible and far more beautiful musk that For Her offers. The white amber in this is really comforting without being warm though - very nice!

Overall this is a perfume that I will keep in my collection, but will probably be mood dependent as to how much use it will actually get. Some days I float in this perfume, other days I simply cant stand it.

jonr951
jonr951

I really miss my Lovely. I gave my bottle to my aunt cuz she really really LOVED it! But I really really LOVE it!! What was I thinkin?! I need to get me another bottle real soon!! I cant decide between this and Covet!! I LOVE them both!! I think Lovely will be around forever. I only have one bottle of Covet so I really should stock up on that one before getting another bottle of Lovely. Im still so sad Covet is discontinued!! Its such a BEAUTIFUL fragrance!! LOVELY & COVET are classics!! They're MUSTS everyone!! : )

ajbww
ajbww

i really like this perfume the first spray is very different but after 10 mins or so its so LOVELY its fresh warm a little mumsy coforting smell, i have 3 children and sometimes i worry that my perfume may be strong or headacy for them especially my youngest is 7 months old but when wearing this its no worry at all (that must sound so funny) but anyway my kids sit with me and also have to smell me lol

My darling
My darling

I love this perfume. It is a little magic! Delicate and feminine, with it I always get compliments.

belletresor
belletresor

Felt like this had no real "personality". Rather sheer, and kind of boring. Did not last at all on my arm and was hard to detect after only one hour.

I understand the goal was "elegant, classy, and understated", but I think it errs TOO much on the understated side. I want my perfumes to have more character. Not saying I want my scent signature to be loud or overbearing, just compelling. I don't want the fragrance equivalent of elevator music.

Not horrible, but also not memorable.

For me, this was another "no".

Nal
Nal

I loved it...a nice sensual one..

macbaby
macbaby

nice fragrance, definitely sweet and fresh. it's **almost** too sweet. doesn't last long on my skin.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

Thanks for the sample, Jillzilla!

I had been curious about fragrances by Sarah Jessica Parker, for a while, since I am interested in trying celebrity fragrances that actually turn out to be decent-otherwise I avoid them in favor of fragrances that just might be created with something other than pure profit in mind.

When I first applied Lovely, I was very pleased-the muskiness of Narciso Rodriguez for her EDT without the annoying sweetness, and a touch of green for good measure-this is a good clean modern musk. But the patchouli kicked in more and I couldn't enjoy it anymore. Still recommended for those who want a clean slightly green feminine musk, who can tolerate moderate-high doses of patchouli.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

It is lovely and a modern classic, though the celeb connotation may prevent this being acknowledged. A real pick-me-up feminine scent which is distinctive and not cloying or sweet. My husband thinks it's beautiful.

odie
odie

Lovely is a fresh scent in a bottle, like a woman just out of a sweet field in the clear spring rain. There is a definite powdery overtone and a vibrant youthful class. The bottle is unique too, this fat body with a tiny top, like a period piece ball gown with a frilly collar.

My sister owned Lovely and my mother has Covet - the first is a good scent for the office and the latter should be worn in the nightime, at dinner with a sexy man.

ilikethequiet
ilikethequiet

I've worn Lovely since it's release in 2005, when I received my first bottle as a gift. It's a beautiful fragrance for both day and night. The soft florals make Lovely pretty and feminine, and the patchouli and musk add the perfect amount of interest and sexiness. Lovely is one of my favorite perfumes.

pansylady
pansylady

a mysteriously smoky lavender fragrance with good bone structure and great staying-power- very professinally done, not a typical "celebrity" fragrance- nice job, Sarah!

fragrance_is_happiness
fragrance_is_happiness

This scent never drops from the best selling celeb fragrances. Very popular for some reason... it is similar to narciso rodriguez but not alike. very sheer (watery) and doesnt seem that luxurious, I agree with the reviwer that it doesn't feel like eau de parfum at all. feels very light but does last for a long time. more suitable for office wear. I personally find it nothing special... doesn't help that Im not a huge musk fan either.

ktv0926
ktv0926

I was curious to see if Lovely really smells like Narcisso Rodriguez - it does! Now as I know that, I regret spending so much money on NR, while I could buy Lovely for half as much.

Ouch!
Ouch!

I completley agree with the Narciso Rodruigez References. This is extremely similar. I have both. I think this is a really good perfume. To me it smells classy and feminine. It's flowery but not overpowering. There's just something sophisticated about it. And it's the sort of perfume you would want to dress up to wear. Like a nice outfit..

I have the Winter Sparkle edition of this so it has shimmer in it. I think that just adds to the loveliness of this scent.
If you find Narciso Rodruigez too much...or too expensive, this is a brilliant alternative that's not gonna break the bank.

alicektn
alicektn

Lovely is how Narciso Rodriguez for her "should" be on my skin... Soft, ambery and flowery. Very feminine. Not in a "femme fattale way", neither in a "fragile angel" way. For me it is more like the "clever and cute girl next door". It's sheer but there is also an underlying dynamism in it. That's why I think it's very suitable for university or work!

The notes I can feel are :

Top: patchouli, lavender
Middle: Lavender, apple, amber, patchouli
Base: Patchouli,Amber, woods

If it only had some more staying power, it would be a staple in my wardrobe. But on the other hand its smell tingles my nose in the most pleasant way. It has become my go-to fragrance because it's so pleasant and easy to wear. I'm glad it is not very expensive :-))

NatWeb
NatWeb

This is indeed a 'lovely' scent but not for me. It was given to me as a gift and I wore it as a daytime/work fragrance but it was too floral for my tastes - I like something with spice or more unusual. This would be a great gift fragrance for someone whose tastes you were unsure of as it's very inoffensive and light. I would suggest it's a good 'mum' fragrance but good for any age really.

imperfect-angel
imperfect-angel

This is my true love, smell so "Lovely".
The staying power is great. First perfume that i bought for myself and never a second i regret.
Love! Love! Love!

bdette21486
bdette21486

Very lovely and glamorous scent. Love the apple martini note. So sophisticated scent. Lovely is an elegant scent but not boastful about it.

KellyBellyz
KellyBellyz

I got a sample of this, when I use it all, I won't be repurchasing. BUT I'm not saying it's not a lovely frag, just not my type. This is a soft floral, that is warm, on my skin, it almost turns a little sweet. I like it but just not enough to purchase, to me I think it lacks personality. Lasting power is so-so.

Thaigirl
Thaigirl

There is something in this perfume what I don't like. It is just not a lovely smell to me.

Natalya
Natalya

I had a sample of this perfume,and later got it as a B-day gift.I liked a sample a lot,but when I got a full bottle I could not wear it.It's doesn't match with me at all.Reminds me my grandma's fragrance,which was sitting on her night stand as long as I can remember.

guest_mo_tee
guest_mo_tee

i dont use fragrance but last month my boyfriend bought ne one called lovely sarah jessica parker and i love it,nice scent not too powerful...........

JML LEE
JML LEE

i really like this one when it first came out i thought it would be like all the other celeb fragrances cheap and not anything special but this one seems to have had alot of time and efort put into it and it shows it smells really like and fresh without being boring

Berith
Berith

It's soapy in a positive way. Clean, musky, warm, gentle and a nice always wearable fragrance.

arxsyn

Lovely is refined, genteel, reassuringlyy feminine, ALWAYS a lady. She's the sweet, perfectly-put-together debutante you meet at the society ball, the girl your parents want you to meet, whom you dutifully court to win her as your bride, who in turn is the model wife and dedicated mother of your children.

She's almost faultless and will unfailingly stay by your side, some part of her will always linger. Still, I honestly don't know if I can stay faithful to her. Lovely is almost too perfect. It's spooky!

This is not an eau de parfum. (What would the eau de toilette be? Water?!) This is a body spray. Pleasant enough, but it evaporates in a flash, leaving nothing behind.

Soyons serieux: Ceci n'est pas un parfum!

sharyssa
sharyssa

This is overwhelming or maybe I sprayed too much on? I don't think I like it as much as covet and covet pure bloom.It is a bit oldladyish and reminds me of Lilly Pulitzer Wink.It lasts because it is burning my lips as I type very strong and I sprayed it a while ago.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

Very crisp Linen scent. I just love this scent although it does not stay on the skin for very long. But a beautiful scent!

Rita @leftcoastnose
Rita @leftcoastnose

"Lovely" is an abstract: it doesn't smell like flowers, or fruit, or incense. Instead, this is a product of magnificent scent wizardry.

To know what "Lovely" smells like, picture this: a young woman in a strapless summer dress steps out of her house, fresh from the shower. It is 11 a.m. in July. She's late, so she walks fast along a hot sidewalk to get to the subway. "Lovely" is the scent she exudes when she just...starts....to sweat. ("glow"-- sorry-- men sweat, women "glow.")

Clean, fresh glow. Sexiest scent imaginable.

Ivy
Ivy

One of my favorites. Very woody.

Zaleska
Zaleska

"Affordable" price.
Beautiful scent.
Matches my skin.
Bought it.

PS: How far can I go? Oh, my Goodness...

guest_iam2sexy4uris
guest_iam2sexy4uris

It smells beautiful because it is a chep version of Narciso Rodrigues, it smells exactly like it. I would buy it for my mom, but I wouldn't buy it for my self.

bebe08
bebe08

i like this perfume because it reminds me of my mom. the scent is very simple and feminine yet classy and elegant, just like the bottle. the only downfall is that the scent is very light and does not last long. overall i think it is a very timeless perfume

All you Lovely fans may want to skip this review... sorry:(. Sadly, I didn't have the same experience as you. For me, this is cloying and synthetic. Very heady, strong & cloying... "soft, powdery and intimate" it is NOT... makes me wonder if we've smelled the same perfume. I admit the first time I smelled this was in a magazine, so it must have had some appeal, or I wouldn't have pursued a sample. It seemed harmless enough in the magazine, and I looked up the notes, which seemed like something I should like... though I wasn't sure about the apple martini thing. I figured I'd give it a shot though, and got my hands on a vial. I barely dabbed a tiny dot on my wrist, and was instantly overwhelmed by synthetic floral (plasticky orchid), synthetic musk & synthetic amber... all of which I have to assume were turned this way by the addition of the apple martini note?? Whatever the culprit, it wasn't a pleasant experience, and I couldn't get it off fast enough. I can't comment on drydown or longevity, because I couldn't stand it long enough to reach either point, but I don't remember disliking a fragrance this much since my kryptonite, Eternity.

Lou lou blue
Lou lou blue

By far the best celebrity fragrance,and the only one I would be replacing once empty, I love to wear this when I want a break from the usual, not too floral...or too much of anything , just a nice balanced blend, very sophisticated .

janerry_corpuz
janerry_corpuz

I picture this scent with a lady wearing an elegant girly dress. Just like SJP! The color, packaging and commercial truly reflects the scent of these one. It's light, modest and poised. Its not compatible with me. But it has the best drydown ever! and it last for long! I love how it lingers on me. Very lovely indeed.

MoietToi
MoietToi

I used to have this one and I can't believe that I have not written a review yet.Anyways I think this scent has a much better quality to it than most celebrity perfumes. It feels like SJP actually put some thought into her perfumes. I think that lovely is very feminime and floral. Allthough I am usually attracted to sweet scents. I think this one is very beautiful. Beacuse it's so innocent,classy and elegant. Like Audrey Hepburn!

sayhi
sayhi

I just recieved it today and it was a little disappointment for me. I guess I expected too much when I first read the reviews. I can say that it is a nice floral scent but it takes a little time to get use to it so I haven't made up my mind yet.

talat
talat

Its an amazing fragrance. I sprayed it in the morning and whole day I could smell it around me. Very fresh and sensual. Its really a classic by SJP.

barbiot35
barbiot35

That's no sexy, no glamorous, only lovely; yes I didn't have any perfume that suits its name more than Lovely by SJP!...
Edit: I changed my mind after using it this night! This is real feminine with its creamy innocency...
From a woody- musky perfume i didn't expected so a creaminess and freshness in hot nights here in İzmir! thumb up!...

ElyBUK
ElyBUK

One of my girlfriends presented a gift set to me on my birthday in September and I confess I only just experienced Lovely a week ago! Lovely is a sparkling, sharp (slightly bitter) fragrance, just like how some champagnes like Veuve Clicquot are sharp on the tongue at first.

Later, the fragrance calms down and just releases its notes over a long time. Could this be considered a modern chypre? Because of the purple / lavender theme for the wedding next month, I have decided to make Lovely my wedding day scent. I will also be building my entourage's bouquets at a lavender herb farm!

Jaquie
Jaquie

This scent is so lovely, just like it`s name! Very soft an feminine. I like it better whet it dries down.
I smell a little bit of sour apple in it. Perfect for everyday use.

Spring25
Spring25

I enjoyed sampling this fragrance. I really liked the lavendar note. Along with the bergamot, it gives the perfume a crisp, cool feel. With the other florals, it reminds me of a wildflower garden - an everyday romantic. I didn't detect the light patchouli right away, but it lingered for many (at least eight) hours later. I've tried the beautiful NR for Her too, and although there is a similarity, Lovely is more brisk and woody. Overall, a pretty classy scent for a reasonable price.

A co-worker of mine wears this and perhaps she just overdoes it, but I find it way too strong. The patchouli is just too much and it makes my nose tickle & head hurt. I tested it once on myself and found the patchouli came out too strongly on me too, I couldn't wait to wash it off. However, another friend wore this and smelled "lovely", so maybe it's just body chemistry and dosage!

Wristsniffer
Wristsniffer

I will admit that what initially drew me to this scent was in fact, the bottle itself. Lovely’s bottle is, well, quite lovely; it has a very vintage appeal with subtle details that accentuate its simplicity. My love affair with this scent did not begin upon first sniff. Having been a fan of Sex & The City for many years and admiring Sarah Jessica Parker’s sense of flair and flamboyantly stylish attitude, I was prepared to be blown away by a ground-breaking and daring composition and so I was quite disappointed when I initially smelled what seemed to be no more than soapy musk. That was several years ago and in the middle of one of my “I have no perfumes to wear!” phases (what? you thought it only applied to clothes?!) I reached beyond the bounds of my mostly gourmand and oriental fragrance collection and found myself holding a tester of Lovely. It was several weeks before I had a full bottle in my hand – I really did need to invest time into getting to know this fragrance before I could really appreciate it, but now, it’s one of my favorite “clean” scents and I have the shower gel to go along with the perfume.

It’s reminiscent of The Body Shop’s White Musk but slightly more feminine and complex. I won’t lie; this is not the most original scent and probably my least favorite out of my collection, but it does have its moments. I agree that it is very similar to Narcisso Rodriguez for Her, and I think that every woman should own one of these two fragrances for use on those days when you just want to smell pretty, but not “perfume-y” (i.e. an office meeting). Since Narcisso Rodriguez was designed by my favorite perfumer, Christine Nagel, I feel bad for having unknowingly purchased something that was so obviously copied instead of the original, but ah, such is life; next time I’ll know better. I will add that the staying power is not fantastic – expect about three hours of wear, at most.

I definitely smell the lavender and the apple martini accord but there’s not much else here (to my nose) except white musk. I can’t imagine any woman wouldn’t find this scent to be, at the very least, pleasant. Groundbreaking it is not, but lovely it is. If you’re interested in reading about how SJP was involved in the perfume-creation-process for Lovely, check out Chandler Burr’s, “The Perfect Scent.” I highly recommend it.

exciter76
exciter76

It's a sweetly romantic fragrance with an off-note in it that keeps it from playing it safe. At first I found the scent unsettling but after having received it as a birthday present I am in love with this fragrance. I'm almost out of it and I'm ready for a replenishment!

It is flirty, understated, innocent yet sexy. I often wear this when I'm in the mood to wear flirty dresses, soft cardigans and jeans, or vintage romantic tops with a kitten heel. It's one of the few fragrances I have that I feel I have to dress according to it.

My only complaint about the fragrance is it's lack of staying power. Luckily I was given a fragrance set which included a lotion and a rollerball. I definitely have to wear the lotion and carry the rollerball in my purse if I want the scent to stay with me all day.

I disagree that it's boring. It's uniqueness lies in that one discordant note. I love this one so much!

krishka
krishka

It is nothing like the NR " For Her"....it is totally different! It is fresh and cool because of the lavender , more flowery and sophisticated.
While NR is rather heavy and for darker women, "Lovely" is lithe and light.

susieqrj
susieqrj

Lovely smells just like Narciso Rodriguez for her. As so, an excelent perfume and a cheaper alternative for NR.

sunkist7957
sunkist7957

To me, Lovely by SJP is both masculine and feminine. When I first sprayed this perfume on, I thought it was sort of orangey. I prefer 100% floral feminine scents. Lovely doesn't disappoint me at all because I can still wear it, though. It is a simple and light fragrance, definitely suitable to wear to work. And I do like the bottle, it is lovely. Thanks SJP :)

gucci
gucci

this is like the best perfume by her you can tell that she puts her own taste to her perfumes not like other celebrities that just pay for them to get done and slap there name to the fragrance

Vivi
Vivi

I liked this one from a tester in the department store. I think I would buy it even though it has amber and lavendar. I don't like amber usually, but this is not overpowering as some are. I don't know if I've ever heard of lavendar in a fragrance I've tried. I do like lavendar in my yard, but, hmmm, I couldn't really smell that.

Tala
Tala

Absolutely incredible. I am a huge fan of Patchouli. But not the kind they have in Tabu, dark and musky and wet. The patchouli in this one is clean, fresh, dry and clear. Just a fantastic fragrance. Similar to Jereviens, this one is pretty spicy too but not in the gourmand way. More in the powdery clean line. Very long lasting. I don't know about the people who commented this fragrance doesn't last!!! I can tell you the staying power is amazing and it doesn't end up being something else at the dry down. It will stay true to the last minute.

Malibu
Malibu

I’m on the fence with LOVELY. It’s feminine, light & easy to wear; it can be worn to work, on the weekends with jeans & for evenings out.

I can separate the lavender from the floral notes & there’s a sharp, sour note that I guess to be the martini accord. The base is a clean woody, musk.

The bottle is nice & classic, plus the staying power is very good. Also, the price is very reasonable.

But, good points aside, there is nothing unique about LOVELY that would make me want to re-buy it.

It would be a good choice for a gift, as it’s not disagreeable & it is good for all ages.

Annie_D
Annie_D

I can't seem to like this one, the composition is very weird on me, all the florals seem to come out at once instead of stages and they are overwhelming and it smells awful on me. On other people I have noticed that it isn't so bad and I am surprised so maybe I am just weird!? Try before you buy!

ramiske

If you are a fan of SJP and her fragrances, you might want to read "The Perfect Scent" by Chandler Burr. One of the 2 main story lines is the whole development process of this fragrance--and it is very interesting and educational--especially if you love perfume.

ramiske

I really wanted to like this, but I totally agree with MissK--It isn't an offensive fragrance, but it is too predictable and average for my liking. There just isn't anything that memorable to me to qualify for a purchase.

I love SJP's Covet Pure Bloom, and I like Covet.

Princess
Princess

This scent is so Lovely! It's soft, discrete. I's hard to describe it, but the bottle and the name says it all! "Lovely" It's feminine and so soft, it smells so yummy.

I loved the bottle, but not the scent. It wasn't an offensive fragrance, but it was too predictable and common for my liking. It was also one of those fragrances where you have to push your nose onto your wrist in order to smell the scent. I think I expected a little more from SJP's first perfume, hence the reason why I was so disappointed.

Cherub573
Cherub573

I am generally a musk lover, so I was a bit surprised by my reaction to this. I love white musk, soft musk, some more animalic musks, but this... I'm thinking it might just be the blend. The lavendar might be the actual problem, it reminds me of a shampoo my parents always used on the dog. It reminded me of a drugstore perfume.

XoXoL.o.V.e
XoXoL.o.V.e

This one is nice and sofisticated,it make me feel so clean,fresh,innocent & veryyy lovely,but in my skin has no staying power.;)

PolarBear2
PolarBear2

Very disappointing.. a scent one cant distinguish from many others in a drugstore. It doesnt even smell Lovely to me. Its more like a copy of something else.

Very pretty on, and not the usual. Soft, but not too flowery, fading down to white florals, all very nice and feminine.(I'm not a fan of white florals at all.) Not a statement maker, but different enough from the main 'for her' scents that it makes a nice change without having a lot of controversial impact.

kay_li13
kay_li13

hhhmm. powdery and soft. subtle. i sprayed some on a card but it's almost gone now... so i guess it doesn't last very long. smells sophisticated. maybe when i get older i'll go for this one. as for now if you want it, you should hit up the walgreens, i saw a box set there today for only $25! it had the lovely 1oz perfume, and a bottle of lotion, also a stick of sparkly lovely something else. :)

Malegria
Malegria

It was lovely on the blotter. I cook a lot, and it was clearly reminding me of ground coriander seeds, and I love this scent.However - tried it on my skin and got something totally different and uninspiring.There is a fresh note that drove me nuts until I washed it off.I can`t even guess what it was! could be lavender with citrus.Anyway - smelled like fresh, just bought gauze...Made me upset, because the blotter was great.Try it on your skin before you buy it!!!!!!

honeypoppyseed
honeypoppyseed

Not a memorable fragrance. The bottle is lovely, the scent is.... blank. Also, the scent is a bit too mossy and alcoholic for my taste.

Amythyst
Amythyst

I was so excited to receive and finally try my sample of Lovely a few months ago. I love all of the fragrance notes, and am a huge fan of SJP... Very dissapointing! I was ready to be transported by it's Loveliness, but instead I couldn't scrub it off quickly enough!! I could smell a plasticky baby powder smell wafting from my wrist while running down my hallway, chasing me with its offensiveness.. Sort of like a half melted baby doll must smell. It wouldn't scrub off easily, this one does have staying power whether you like it or not... I couldn't detect any notes at all in this except the powder. This could just be due to the chemistry of my skin, I liked it alot when smelled on others or on a card. I am becoming more dissillusioned with the celebrity scents... too bad. :(

Innocent
Innocent

I smell spicy ginger in this, very peculiar!

This fragrance certainly grows on me. It gets more exciting when the nutmeg emerges an hour later.

Does anyone notice this on them or is it just me perceiving it badly?

d dolce vitta
d dolce vitta

For me its interesting, i test this fragance and it smell discrete and very charming.

Manuella
Manuella

For me it is to sweet and flowery on my skin.
My Friend had it and it smelled lovely on her.If you like fresh but yet flower then this scent is for you.

Moszatka
Moszatka

It is very masculine on my skin. Not sweet, but maybe floral. Patchouli produces smells like a man. Not as good as I expected.

SandraS
SandraS

For me its just come out as a vey sweet perfume. Could smell only floral notes and very litle wood notes. As other people said, very safe to appeal to main stream. Lovely yes, but nor special or unique. Lacks staying power on me

perryforever
perryforever

This is one that I keep trying but I have not yet been convinced enough to buy a bottle. Being a big SATC fan I had to try it. I love the 'layers' of the fragrance and it does not smell powdery at the end. I think this could well become a classic even if it is seen as a 'celeb' scent.

Carla
Carla

I gave it a few wears but not lovely enough for me. A common scent with a powdery end note.

Eiza
Eiza

The smell is "Lovely" but not so unique. However, most of my family love the sweet smell of Lovely. It's not too blunt or strong...

glitteralex
glitteralex

This fragrance is a sleeper. I, like many others, had dismissed it as a "celeb frag". How wrong I was. This perfume has excellent structure. It wears well, and while not outstanding in any one way, it is perfectly balanced. Although I am not a fan of "white musk", the base is long-lasting and pleasant. I get more peonies than anything else in the top, and was surprised to find this scent rather dry; not fruity or syrupy in the least.

bulyov4e
bulyov4e

It's safe, right, but not everyone likes it. I am fond of the refreshing, a bit sharp, really waking flower notes - I smell a China rose, how come it's not in the pyramid...?
The fragrance changes dramatically in time for me - it leaves my skin smelling musky and creamy! This is calming and incredibly comforting!

BGanze
BGanze

I was disappointed in this one. I tried it from a magazine sample, but at the department store counter, it was so similar to so many other scents out there, I decided against it.

mackie
mackie

this is a very soft and romantic perfume to me. The name SAYS IT ALL!

Althea
Althea

very soft, very clean, feminine in a decent way, nothing seductive scearming for attention, smelling my wrist I feel very comfortable and warm, definitely going to buy it

liat
liat

Clean and nice. Not too "feminine", so to speak. A little strong, though. A drop too much and I begin to sneeze like crazy.

soirdelune
soirdelune

I have passed this scent over many times, on account of the fact that I never found it very interesting on first spray. Recently, however, I paid more attention to its development, and was rather pleasantly surprised. First, I was astonished that it lasted so long on my skin, given that it was a very hot and humid day. Second, it dried down to an unashamedly pretty, light, floral scent. I rather liked it in the end. It is true that this is not a perfume that screams 'look at me'; nor is it especially innovative or daring. However, I like its elegance and restraint -- a refreshing change in these often self-consciously boundary-pushing times. With patience and care, this perfume can reward -- the antidote to time-pressed instant-gratification scents.

indigo.smile
indigo.smile

the name says it all..it is lovely parfume, But it's kinda boring me. So i use it infrequently

guest_Kate
guest_Kate

it smells like brand new barbie dolls in the 90's...

Halvah
Halvah

I like it a lot, too. The mote of lavender gives a very unusual freshness, a slighly unisex note among the femininity and sensuality of the whole composition. This unique ambivalence makes this perfume special for me. One negative point that it doesn't last very long on my skin.

amanda
amanda

For me its more like sophisticated and serious than "lovely". its not very outstanding because there are a few perfumes that smell very similar, for me narciso rodriguez for example

lovelylavender
lovelylavender

Lovely girl is the a gentle sweet girl. She is young, feminime, and attract guys without saying, "Hey! Look at me!"

pimpnazt
pimpnazt

It's boring. It's safe. It's nothing that breaks the mold, unfortunately. I am not a big fan of her fragrances, but Covet wins my vote.

Chaosnmotion
Chaosnmotion

Very sheer, very lovely fragrance. The name is very indicative of the scent. I get a lot of questions about what am I wearing. Very good for office wear but still sensual enough for evening wear. Classic.

2007

Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker 3.63 out of 5 based on 2176 ratings and 487 user reviews

Sample
Lovely Sample by Sarah Jessica Parker, .05 oz Vial sample for Women
Lovely Sample by Sarah Jessica Parker, .05 oz Vial sample for Women
Sample
Lovely Perfume by Sarah Jessica Parker - 0.05 oz Vial sample
Lovely Perfume by Sarah Jessica Parker - 0.05 oz Vial sample
FragranceShop.com
Lovely Collection Dawn by Sarah Jessica Parker for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 2.5 oz
Eau De Parfum 1oz
Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 1.0 oz
Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 1.0 oz
Lovely Perfume by Sarah Jessica Parker, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Lovely Perfume by Sarah Jessica Parker, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Lovely Perfume by Sarah Jessica Parker, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Tester for Women
Lovely Perfume by Sarah Jessica Parker - 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
Lovely Perfume by Sarah Jessica Parker - 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
Lovely Perfume by Sarah Jessica Parker - 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Tester
Lovely Perfume by Sarah Jessica Parker - 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Tester
Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 1.7 oz
Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 1.7 oz
Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker TESTER for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 3.4 oz
Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker TESTER for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 3.4 oz
LOVELY SARAH JESSICA PARKER for WOMEN by Sarah Jessica Parker EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 3.4 oz
Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.