Designers » R S » Floral Fruity « Groups

SJP NYC Sarah Jessica Parker for women

SJP NYC Sarah Jessica Parker for women
dislike

I have it: 555 I had it: 192 I want it: 318 My signature: 10

SJP NYC Sarah Jessica Parker for women Pictures SJP NYC Sarah Jessica Parker for women Pictures

SJP NYC is a new fragrance by Sarah Jessica Parker, presented in cooperation with Coty Prestige, as "Sex and The City" alter ego of popular actress, Carrie Bradshow.

On the very top of the stopper, SJP NYC is inscribed as detail which inspired creators and made a link between the popular series (movie) and the new fragrant edition.

"A large part of the inspiration was what I now understand to be people’s impressions of seeing Carrie Bradshaw walk down the street and what feelings that evokes for her and for them — a real sense of freedom and possibilities, a love for the city around her and, of course, fashion,” Parker told WWD. “We started with this idea that we wanted to create something fun. We wanted to create a party in a bottle and reflect that in the packaging with a real sense of whimsy, fun and joie de vivre. And then we took it from there. Portability and fashion played key roles in the development of the packaging and overall concept.”

This fruity-floral fragrance was created by Honorine Blanc of Firmenich, who enriched top notes with mandarin from Italy, white osmanthus and wild strawberries. A heart of SJP NYC incorporates gardenia, honeysuckle, mimosa and red Damascena rose, while a base includes vanilla absolute, sandalwood, rum and creamy musk.

Sarah Jessica Parker is very surprised with sophisticated notes of accentuated elegant floral bouquet, because she expected sweet, fruity notes of strawberries and more youthful nuances. Strawberries contribute to harmony and balance of the floral composition with musk Sarah adores and prefers as ingredient in her perfumes.

The collection encompasses EDTs in three sizes (15ml, 30ml and 60ml), accompanied with 200 ml body lotion. A fragrant bracelet with solid perfume is announced for May 2010.

SJP NYC package is unusual and made of a simple glass flacon in a cylindrical flacon which can be used for other purposes, as well. The tin package is illustrated with various motives, which remind of Sarah Jessica Parker's wardrobe and her love for fashion. "Fashion's in the air" announced Sarah Jessica Parker! SJP NYC was launched in 2009.

Osmanthus Wild Strawberry Italian Mandarin

Gardenia Honeysuckle Mimosa Rose

Sandalwood Vanille Rum White Musk

SJP NYC Fragrance Reviews

PurestJade
PurestJade

I loved this fragrance the moment I sprayed it. On me, it's all about the lush, sweet fruits. This is a very clean and definitely fruity floral. Florals don't often work all that well on me--and often give me a bad headache--but I found this one works VERY well (and no headache). The florals round the scent out and keep it from being sickly sweet. The first hour or so, I only get juicy, ripe fruits. After a few hours (say 2 or 3), the florals come out, but I also get sandlewood and a bit of musk. I don't get much vanilla with this, and may layer it with pure vanilla by Lavanila.

Projects well and lasts about 8 hours for me. After the first 4, it's closer to the skin but still projecting.

All-in-all, I love this fragrance and will make it my everyday/daytime fragrance. I get how this fragrance could be linear, but I just don't get that "linear" smell with this--at least, I didn't on myself.

Julia1506
Julia1506

Another good fragrance from SJP! It is very pretty, light floral scent. Very wearable, good for summer days. My colleagues appreciate it very much as the scent is pleasant and not "loud", but still very feminine. Perfect for the office.

llburris
llburris

The bottle is SUCH a turnoff. I went to skim the reviews, as I always do, anyway to see what you guys had to say. I was leaning a little toward a blind buy today and then went back and looked at the bottle. I just can't........and I've never done that before now.

perfumeglam87
perfumeglam87

My absolute favorite fragrance! This is my signature scent. I own over 50 perfumes and I just can't stop running back this wild strawberry class fragrance!

Centsless
Centsless

This smells like a strawberry daquiri! I get a bit of the rose and honeysuckle also. Musk and vanilla are nice and smooth. NYC is very likeable and flirty! Of course this is light hearted and fun, but who wants to be serious all the time? My only complaint is the bottle.

bridgette
bridgette

Very pretty! Well-rounded and not heavy. Can't go wrong. It has medium longevity. One my favorites.

Cruinneach
Cruinneach

Haven't bought it yet but tried several times and I have it on my skin right now. Smells nothing but gorgeous. Strawberries and rum are the main notes in my opinion. Smells like happiness at the kind of way like if you go out shopping with your very best friends and you decide to sit around the table chatting and laughing with no worries at all. Goes to my shopping list for sure.

ohrite
ohrite

I LOVE this!! this is what I hoped daisy eau so fresh would smell like. it's so sweet and yet fresh at the same time. the perfect summer perfume. only wish it lasted longer.

madam_dallas_multipass
madam_dallas_multipass

Well, I blind-bought it, mostly because it was cheap, and I'm not sure yet whether I like it or not. I'd say this is rather a fresh smell than sweet. It reminds me of something, probably of Miss Dior Cherie, and a bit of Lanvin Eclat D'Arpege. However, I don't really like it, it has some notes of a laundry detergent. I think I'm going to give it away

faeriegiirl
faeriegiirl

Is it unique? No. Is it crazy sweet? Yes. Are there random days I want to smell like a giant piece of candy? Yes. So yea, it works for those strange days I lose all sense of maturity :)

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

I've had SJP NYC for two years and usually only wear it in the spring. The top and middle notes are very sweet to me, but mixed with the floral, it's very pleasing and not cloying.

Now, if I'm outside on a very hot day, the gardenia tends to become *way* too sharp and can give me a headache. I have to know exactly what I'm doing for the day before I decide to wear this.

For me, SJP NYC is lovely to wear to work, an inside day event, or even on a cool day. I don't get anything creamy or powdery out of this perfume, but that's a nice change - as of late, every perfume I've bought has a powder or cream base to it.
NYC (edt) also lasts a very long time on my skin and, because of the white floral, I have to use it sparingly.

ritaramirezz
ritaramirezz

Blahhhh, nothing unique and special about this one, that I haven't smelled a million times in other fragrances. I get the strawberry and raspberry, mixed with florals and vanilla. What more can I say, except that I can't wait to finish the bottle. And it does not smell anything like Express's Love Express, which is the whole reason why I bought SJP's NYC.

rosembloom

I personally agree with ForRealMe. Trustworthy review, well done! Thank you!!!

ForrealMe2
ForrealMe2

I can't believe how much SJP NYC reminds me of the original Nina by Nina Ricci. The only difference is that this is missing the extreme tangy lemon note that makes it kinda smell like soda. It stays more true to the strawberries and their leaves than strawberries and cream. I think if you loved Miss Dior Cherie L'eau for its light freshness you will really like this because this is a little bit on the lighter side. In matter fact this not only reminds me a bit of Nina it also reminds me a bit of Chanel Tendre Eau Fraiche but not as bubbly as Tendre and without all that Cedar like the heart of Eau Fraiche not so much the tops. This is similar not the same. Meaning those fragrances are a bit more vibrant, zingy and more denser than this. This is very light so don't expect it to be so much like those..Those are the EDT's and this is like the L'eau. It is airy and gentle..very light for those who wan't something for spring and want to feel what it feels like when you are walking outside..that natural smell of fresh air with a tinge of sweetness. I lived in NYC and i can say it does smell like this during the spring in Central Park..not in the more smog area's of New York though LOL...i think she was trying to get the feel of a nice fresh spring day when its sunny outside..nice, bright, sweet, cheery, light and airy are the words that come to mind with this.

On me i have to spray quite liberally to smell it because it is so light. It gets a bit sweeter on the dry down like you can smell it a bit more but this is definitely a lighter spring fragrance perfect for this season and summer. It's a bit strong on the alcohol side of liquor like a strawberry martini than rum which is what i would of preferred more and also a little bit soapy but only on the initial spray you have to wait for the dry down. This is why i say if you love any of Miss Dior L'eau's you might love this because those fragrances give off a fresh soapiness like this one does in the beginning but not the whole way through and i think its because of the musk. As it lingers with time you can smell a sweeter strawberry just give it some time and you will start to smell the nice mix of the strawberry with cream..i think i am starting to like this as its drying down..i suppose if you want Nina without the Lemon get this cause as it dries down the wafts you get is the same as that without all the Lemon but still tart. I kinda like it now as time is passing but the initial spray i am not so sure of. We will see..

i am liking the dry down alot more..its getting sweeter and sweeter..i think i do like it..it does kinda remind me a bit of Miss Dior Cherie for the strawberry but let this one have more time..it really starts to linger..while i am typing here it is really getting nicer than the initial spray. definately has this Nina slash Miss Dior Cherie vibe on the dry down because of the strawberry, vanilla, rum and musk. Kinda comes off as strawberries and champagne in the end and believe it or not as it is drying down and lingering it is starting to also smell like Paris Hilton's new fragrance Dazzle.
Who would have thought..this one is a shape shifter from the initial spray..Ha this reminds me of too many fragrances..even a little bit of Flowerbomb or Katy Perry's Killer Queen or Meow. It's amazing but when you mix tart berries,citrus with liquor and vanilla i believe this is where the pizzaz of Flowerbomb came from..I can't believe i am figuring this out with having owned all of these fragrances LOL.. i am really starting to see a trend here finally with me i didn't see before outside of my chocolate phase i am loving and layered with chocolate is amazing!

Alovespll
Alovespll

This perfume is the best fragrance i can think of. If u picture a group of really pretty girls , and there is always one who smells really good when they pass by , this is what she would smell like. ! 10/10

tyekristopher
tyekristopher

nyc by sarah jessica parker is a bowl of fruit soaked in vanilla with whipped cream. Kinda like strawberries and cream. It is great for the summer, it is a casual fruity floral and typically ideal for a sunny day and shopping! If you love fruit and vanilla you will def love this one! I have never owned this but Got a bottle off ebay. I remember smelling it at kohls a few years ago and it was great! I sprayed it on and it seemed a little on the lighter side of things so it isn't too loud. It is kinda like the original ed hardy but a lot sweeter! I do enjoy this scent and is very pretty. I am a fan of lovely and find it to be refreshing but this is a carefree scent. I love sarah jessica parkers fragrances and I feel she really does try with her line and I really appreciate that from her.

Gesiane
Gesiane

This fragrance gets up my mood. It so pleasant spraying it.
The other day I just noticed that on my skin it gets a sweet smell like bubble gum!!!

krystyroze
krystyroze

This scent is linear, and the dominant note is strawberry. It's simple, fun, and lasts longer than a body splash. This would make a great first fragrance for a tween, or anyone else in the mood for something innocent and carefree. Additionally, this would be an awesome choice for a preschool/elementary educator; the kids would love it!

eau de nath
eau de nath

My mom have this. I like it for young women because the aroma was sweet and lively! The top notes really resembles fruits especially a berry-like scent. You can really sense the vanilla note. It makes it a little bit creamy in a sense. The whole fragrance was nice, it was like the smell of candies and childhood. Just don't overspray because it itches the nose. I like it. Quite for teenagers, it attracts. The perfumed bracelet also smells like the perfume but its a little bit starchy maybe because its in solid form. :)

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

I have a nice big bottle of SJP NYC but it was pushed back in the back of my perfume closet due to it's not wow-ing me. I dug it out today just to refresh my memory on what it smelled like, it is a nice fruity floral scent, very similar to a bunch of other fruity florals I like. Smells a bit like Juicy Couture Viva La Jiucy on me (as do about 5 other perfumes I own!), it is lighter, which I like. I will be wearing this quite a bit now as I really like it, hopefull it will be a nice longlasting scent (I have only had it on 1 hour so far).

Sheiloka
Sheiloka

Really something fun! Really Fruity! Exactly what i expected.

Princess Adora
Princess Adora

Out of all the Sarah Jessica Parker perfumes this is the best one,I am not a fan of ms Parker nor am I a fan of sex and the city and her first two perfumes lovely and covet we're not my cup of tea but this one won me over,it smells like beautiful strawberries and sherbet which I was surprised when I first smelt this,oddly when you purchase this in a store it does not come in a box but the fragrance itself is a very pleasant surprise since I didn't like the first two,overall a very pretty fizzy strawberry scent and can see myself wearing this a lot.

thatgirl1269
thatgirl1269

I own both SJP NYC and SJC NYC Pure Crush and they smell identical to me - both smell exactly like coconut and not much else. I realise Pure Crush is meant to smell like coconut but as to why they both smell *exactly* the same to me (and, I might add, a few of my girlfriends tried both bottles and agree that they smell identical), I cannot say. Maybe they mixed up the labelling in the factory? Who knows? But in my case, they definitely smell the same!

sultaria
sultaria

I noticed on this site that vanilla and strawberry, which are notes I like very much, were the most dominant notes listed for this fragrance, so I went ahead and bought a bottle of this. Unfortunately, this is a fragrance I am completely apathetic to. I neither like nor dislike this.

It is not bad smelling, but this smells so unimpressive that I did not even notice when the scent disappeared. This is not the creamy vanilla strawberry I expected. This is a lot more like a watered down generic raspberry body spray or air freshener. I usually appreciate most fragrances, even when I dislike them, but this one has to be the most unremarkable perfume I've ever come across.

Silage and longevity are bad on this one. Stick to Covet, it is a much better fragrance. The whole assembly for this, both the packaging and the scent itself, looks like the designers just smacked it together in a hurry because they procrastinated and the deadline was coming up.

Raggagirl1
Raggagirl1

On my skin this is very simple fruity floral, unfortunately I don't get any rum or vanilla wich is a bummer because it sounds like a yummy combination. The gardenia definitely stands out on my skin but its not too much it mixes wel with the strawberry. The sandlewood smooths It out. As the dry down comes a peek of rose and white musk show themselves but I have to put my nose to my skin to smell it. This isn't a perfume that is going to waft around you during the day and give you little hints of deliciousness because the silage is so poor and the longevity... Well the smell is gone within half an hour and that is being generous simple scent for summer but I wouldent purchase it again just because there is better stuff out there.

AdrianB
AdrianB

I purchased this blind, and swapped it away soon after.

On some people I'm sure it's a lovely fruity floral. One me it smelled like I took a bath in tropical punch Kool Aid that had too much sugar & was left out in the sun all day. My kids recoiled in horror & my husband asked if my body wash expired.

Longevity & sillage were good...unfortunately for me.

PearlyMist x
PearlyMist x

To me, the rum in this perfume is very potent. I really like the balance of fruit, musk and soft floral notes :) However, there is too much rum in the dry-down to make me want to purchase it :/ If there wasn’t as much of the rum note I would definitely get this one, but I think if I bought it now I’d regret it.

When I smell this, the notes I can pick out are the rum (obviously :P) a boozy kind of strawberry note and vanilla. The honey suckle comes through too and I can sense the woody notes amongst it all. I feel it is a nicely composed fragrance ^^ But to me, the rum really defines this scent and I prefer the opening more.

When you test this one, definitely wait and see if you like the dry-down because it does become quite strong within the composition as you wear it. I sprayed this on my wrist at a store about five hours ago and I can still smell it now. The sillage is quite soft so you really need to be close to smell it on your skin, but last week I’m sure I got a whiff of it on one of my friends when she was about a foot or two away from me.

I like how the bottle is different to other perfume bottles, but it’s not really my cup of tea :3 The outside is plastic and the actual perfume is in a glass bottle inside. I’m not a huge fan of the pattern but it’s cute in its own way haha :)

I think I’m going to give this one a miss for now. I’ve been having this same problem lately with a few fragrances where I really enjoy the opening, but the dry-down just spoils it for me ;( I really can’t fault it though except for the dominant rum-ness xD However, I’m sure this would work for other people. I feel something else could have complimented the other notes better though (or maybe having less rum), but oh well ^^

I hope I helped c:

katushka37
katushka37

On me it smells like rum balls! Strong, sweet, alcoholic rum balls (I must admit not the best type, perhaps the diet variety with artificial sweeteners and flavourings). It did give me a bit of a headache, perhaprs my skin tends to bring out rum notes the most.
I am a big fan of SATC and really can't associate this scent with Carrie Bradshaw.

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

I like the container, then again, I like different. I've been to the City too many times to count in my lifetime. SJP NYC's container is tawdry, flashy and meretricious, just like parts of Manhattan can be. But the point of the design was that it was supposed to be whimsical after her character from Sex and The City. The colors were what attracted me to to pick it up and spray it on the first time. And that's all I'll say about the packaging. Because what's inside is completely different.
Immediately it's a creamy vanilla with a boozy rum feel. There's a bit of saltiness, sweet fruits like strawberry and mandarin orange, sugary mimose and honeysuckle, then fruity notes. I get that melted butter over popcorn scent like I do with Juicy Couture and it just smells so good.
This is not overpowering, just light and comfortable and pleasing. Forever Red by BBW also pops into mind as a similar scent but SJP NYC is much more natural. This sits close and is good year round. My only concerns are to the lightness of the fragrance. Altho it's heavy on the skin with its boozy-like aroma, you have to actually sniff your arm to catch the scent. So if you want something that won't leave a trail, that's hard for others to smell unless they're directly in your air space, then this is your perfume.
Lasts for a decent amount of time and great for day wear.
Normally, I stay away from any scent that has is known for its fruits, but the vanilla and the bay rum mix so well instead that they aren't cloying or super-sweet. In fact, the way this perfume has been put together, it's more of a wearable, mature blend. Inhale the rum and enjoy it. It's a bit of deepness that sits with this scent. Just like the whimsical, flirty sweetness. They play off each other very well if you take the time to appreciate their playing.

Fruity, sweet, tart, and quite yummy. This is a light cheerful scent, with lots of strawberry as the focus. I don't detect any vanilla when I wear this. It's more of a musky floral base to me. I really like a bit of tartness in a fruity fragrance, and this has it. There is nothing about this that makes me think of NYC however. It's a simple summery fruit cocktail.

StarAtlas
StarAtlas

People have very different senses of smell, I've noticed. For example, I smell absolutely no vanilla in this whatsoever and it is the second note listed from votes. Also, I smell a strong floral after the mandarin and strawberry which is definitely not rose or gardenia which have a very, very distinctive scent. It's not honeysuckle either. It has to be either the osmanthus, which I'm not familiar with - or mimosa with which I'm extremely familiar with it's cousin the silk tree, which smells very similar (or so I'm told.) It has to be the osmanthus, now that I look back at the notes.
Maybe I'm completely off :) I definitely like this, sort of cutesy, clean-smelling to me. It's not a love for me though... Still searching for another scent with the wow factor. This just isn't it.

leavesofgrass
leavesofgrass

One of my best purchases, thanks to this being seemingly discontinued I was able to get the 1 oz. of this bottle for less than $16 at Kohl's. That said, it is gorgeous, I don't know if it's very New Yorkie lol, it's almost pure strawberry to my nose with a hint of perfume base. I love it, it's nice on it's own (though very light and not terribly long-lasting) but mixed with Forever Red from Bath & Body Works it's compliment city for me. I think this smells great layered with a vanilla or coconut based body lotion/cream. I highly recommend it to those young at heart girls, it would be great for teens/20-somethings, I wear it and I'm 30.

NillaMilk
NillaMilk

I find it interesting so many people can smell the vanilla in this - all I could smell was sweetness and fruityness with musky hint. I'd say it's a more mature fruity/fresh scent though, which can be hard to find since so many of them smell too sweet or too fresh for the older crowd. But I definately think the more mature ladies could rock this fragrance. That being said, not so sure about it for teens...I think there's way way better suited fragrances for teens.

krayolakolorz
krayolakolorz

SJP smells very similar to Escada's Sexy Graffiti. The difference is that SJP is heavier on the vanilla as a top note and Sexy Graffiti's vanilla is more of a middle/base note. I prefer Escada to SJP even though they are both very beautiful fragrances. The grapefruit top note in Escada's Sexy Graffiti I just adore. This is the softer more feminine version. More emphasis on the vanilla and strawberry.

carolien1978
carolien1978

At first this one reminds me of Ralph Lauren Ralph (the blue one). But this one is much much better! FUN is what comes to mind, aswell as happy and playful. This scent stays on very well. I smell it all day on my skin. Lovely for any day.

FrancesAnne
FrancesAnne

Sweet, bouncy, fruity, floral, candy fragrance. Quite fresh and young. It is a fun fragrance and makes you smile. I have bought it twice and although I do like it, I won't buy a third bottle. Pleasing and easy to wear, cheeky mischief in a bottle :)

BabyFaceCaché
BabyFaceCaché

I love this scent so much i've neva got it but mmm when i do i would wear it on non stop.

Emeliestar
Emeliestar

It's qind of nice, but it's not special. Smells like whatever other perfume. No wow in this.
A plus for the bottle though. Easy to take it in your bag.

peferrarine
peferrarine

I find similar to Nina too. But Nina is better blended, i guess. It's a fun fragrance, an everyday one. Not sexy or night-time. Smells like strawberry candy.

fyetan
fyetan

Beautiful scent!
Out of the bottle it smells like sweet strawberry jam/syrup.
Onto skin, it retains that for a short while (on me, about 20 minutes) before becoming a scent reminiscent of strawberry honey marshmallow candy. (I can't pick out the floral notes, nor the rum, but for sure they lend depth to the scent and that's where I think I'm getting the "honey" impression from.)
However, sometimes it delves slightly into "strawberry plastic" territory. This mellows down a few hours in, and you're left with honeyed strawberries.

Longevity and sillage are below average.
3 sprays on my arm project softly for about 30 minutes then die down to a skin scent for 6 hours afterwards (keep in mind this is 3 sprays in one spot, I would expect no less than this amount of time for a skin scent).

The bottle is easy to take with you though, even at the largest 60ml size it'd fit easily into a purse. Also, the container is a screw-top so it won't open up in your bag.

Edit: sillage is even worse than I thought. I put on 16 (yes, SIXTEEN) sprays on myself (just all over, not concentrating particularly on pulse points, though 3 were in the same spot on one arm) and then walked downstairs. 5 minutes later I walked past my mom and asked her if she could smell my perfume - she said it was very light.
But I guess that's nice if you want to pretend this is what your actual skin smells like. =)

nightcat23
nightcat23

Very nice sweet scent. The strawberry really dominates. When first applied, it smells like raspberry koolaid. After drying down though the rum note adds a boozy warming quality to the strawberry. This is a fruity scent but it's got this jammy, syrupy quality to it. It's delicious!

Some people have criticized the packaging saying it looks cheap and tacky. This is true to some degree but I understand where Sarah was going with this. She was taking a departure from the more mature sophisticated bottles of her other serious perfumes like Covet and Lovely.

This was designed as more of a casual fun scent. The packaging is part of the bottle and a sensible protective layer. You're bottle is more likely to survive being dropped and not cracking.

perfumemad62
perfumemad62

YUM! This is absolutely delicious. Sweet strawberry and vanilla candyfloss with rum and light florals. NYC is completely different from her other perfumes. It lasts 3 hours and has moderate sillage. I love it!

very sweet and nice :D

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

از یک معجون حوسانگیز چه انتظاری دارد فکر کردهاید نمتواند شما را برای استشمام این رایحه مست وگیج کند اما بس اشتباه کردهاید چون در انتهای این راه به خواسته خود میرسید.؟

Little Cooling
Little Cooling

This is not at all as bad as I would have thought it would be. The first spritz of it, makes me think: YIKES! Strawberry jam, all the way!!! But as it settles down, it turns out to a little cute scent. It's not one that sets notes in the recordbooks or anything. It's not a scent I will wear everyday. It's a bit too teen for me. And I would never think that it's a scent that Carrie Bradshaw would wear. She will wear something more special, that she knows, not something, she can smell on every corner of NYC (imo). The bottle is so darn ugly. I have a 15 ml bottle of it and I think I stay with that. And once have a used it up, I will not buy it again. The staying power is ok..but it feels like a scent, that you can wear on days, you don't want to smell anything too heavy on yourself or if you are going to a dinner and don't wanna offend the other people around you or destroying the food.

themorrigan
themorrigan

Like all the other reviews. Beautiful smell, terrible lasting power :(

A real shame

smells AMAZING, fruity and breeezy

Ladydebra
Ladydebra

I first tried this because I loved SJP's 'lovely'. This scent is completely different! I went ahead and bought it, because I liked the tester.
It's a flowery, sweet, sugary smell. It smells like Bon-bons, and candy floss. Not a rose sweetness. It's not what I imagine when I think a scent is summing up New York. I really liked it, as it's a fun, light daytime smell, but I wouldn't buy it again, as it had no lasting power at all. It vanished within a half hour. Really disappointing after 'lovely'. It has something in it that smells like Beyonce's Heat.

Julia1234
Julia1234

I bought this without smelling it. Read the nice reviews, the crappiest and most synthetic smell I've ever smelled. Gives me a headache and makes me nauseous. If anybody wants to swap please let me know.

bluepistachio
bluepistachio

Not my favorite bottle, but it's still fun and out there. Though this my favorite scent from SJP. I love sweets and strawberry. If you do as well then I think you will love this. It doesn't last as long since an EDT, but for being so it's quite decent. The fragrance is fun just like the bottle. Sweet, in a fresh fruit way. I don't really smell a lot of citrus but it's there. The strawberry is more prominent as well as the rum. Vanilla that's noticeable but not too sugary. It's a boozy fragrance. It reminds me a bit of Beyonce Heat Rush, though not as citric or tropical. I prefer this one many times! A must have IMO for all fruity fragrance lovers.

bailarina
bailarina

I don't smell coconut, this one does not have coconut. The one that has coconut is the "SJP NYC Pure Crush". This one is Sweet fruity + vanilla. I'm not a fan of the "container" either, but I understand it suppose to look like one of those decorative hat boxes. I like the smell, smells good for us people who like sweets. You can find it at a good price. It's your everyday clean and fresh summer scent.

deekay
deekay

fresh strawberries, hint of rum, hint of florals.
but like i said, fresh strawberries.
not so long lasting, but a guilty pleasure.

RyeJoseph
RyeJoseph

NYC smells like a Bath and Body Work's body spray! I cant remember which one, but all of you mall rats will know what I'm talking about. This is not a bad thing, as SJP NYC is an eau de toilette and also fairly inexpensive. This smells gorgeous! Very fruity, very sweet. Ugh... the fact that I don't know which BBW spray this smells like is going to haunt me until someone picks up on what I'm talking about. WAIT! It smells like Country Chic mixed with Carried Away! Okay, got it. I can sleep now.

PNBP
PNBP

my friend has it and i love it,a very berry cherry scent which is suitable for young ppl

aeonsomnia
aeonsomnia

I really love this scent; sweet scents are my thing. However, this doesn't last very long AT ALL! It wouldn't take long for me to go through an entire bottle because it fades so quickly, and I want something that'll take me through a few hours at least. So unfortunately, I'd only purchase this at a discount price.

yippie
yippie

Love this fragrance!
Fruity scent, but it is soft and subtle:)

dazydeadpetals

I did a review on this a few days ago and concluded it's a typical fruity floral, probably best for a girl or young lady. I think I was being too closed-minded.

I sprayed some on my wrist and did the review the other day. The next day I had an urge to spray some more on my wrist.

It isn't sophisticated, but it isn't trying to be. It isn't linear, it develops ever so slightly. It isn't typical fruity floral, it's yummy fresh fruity floral.

Ok, now I've contradicted everything I wrote the other day. I thought I had outgrown fruity florals (I'm 27). The floral in this is very minor (it's mostly sweet fruity), but it has made me reconsider my stance on fruity florals. It isn't something I love but I can appreciate it for what it is.

I'm glad I gave it another chance. This is up-lifting, pleasant and delicious. If you dislike sweet perfumes, you will not like this. If you like them, I think there is a good chance you will enjoy this.

Lushylori
Lushylori

I really enjoy the smell of this but i really dislike the packaging unfortunately.
I've avoided buying it on sale because of the packaging.
I guess i really shouldn't care but Plastic and colorful stickers on the packaging??? She could have done so much better on the design.
It looks like something a teeny bopper would come up with to appeal to young teens.
Regardless of the packaging,I find the scent quite nice,so if its not an issue to you then by all means...Buy this one for sure :)

dazydeadpetals

This is a fragrance I would have LOVED when I was younger and into fruity florals.

At first spray all I get is sweet, sweet, strawberry and sweet (strawberry candy?), with the faintest hint of sophistication (white floral?). That hint makes me hopeful I can find a quality in this scent that isn't encompassed by saying it's a fruity floral.

Soon, the mandarin notes begin to develop and I lose all traces of the sophistication. The sweetness has also subsided slightly. It's very linear.

I think this is a nice scent for a girl in her teens or maybe early 20s. I think a lot of fruity florals smell very acidic from an alcohol base, but I don't get that with this fragrance. It's safe and (as one might expect from a safe fragrance)not very unique.

enzyme1
enzyme1

This a mixed bag for me, I love the way it smells on paper and today when i smelt it I thought I could detect an alcoholic beverage in it. However I am not sure if it is very wearable for everyday use, it would be a huge departure from my regular perfume collection so I think i would come to dislike it.
The smell is a lush fruity candy bonanza, very fresh and sweet with a tropical fruit salad vibe.

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

I love this scent so much. This smells like strawberry sweet goodness (I can't remember exactly how this smelled since I put this on hours ago). Now this is defintely on my wish list and I will be purchasing this soon!

Louise Graves
Louise Graves

Just purchased this as a blind buy. Absolutely love it. Yes it's sweet but in a very spring like way. It's also very much like Britney Spears Circus which I also have and is a favourite. The packaging is beautiful and definitely will be kept in my bag to show off.

Sierralee
Sierralee

I adore this scent, it's very sweet- I guess it's one of those perfumes where you either hate it or love it.. but it's a winner for me!

RyanLovesFragrances
RyanLovesFragrances

This fragrance is sickeningly sweet and that's never good. The sweetness is just too overpowering. And the bottle is very cheap looking with all those random patterns printed on a sticker and stuck onto the plastic bottle. Covet had a much classier bottle and the overall quality was better.

2eight
2eight

Well, I don't dislike it but... I prefer my rum with coke & my strawberries with cream

cdimmick2013
cdimmick2013

SJP has never disappointed me with her fragrance line. I absolutely love this, which was risky because I bought it without really smelling it first. Love the packaging too.

got this for a great price at marshalls, and i'm really loving it. the jammy strawberry note is lucious and very prominant. no patchouli listed, but i detect a hint of it during dry down and i actually like it. i'm getting some tartness too. it seems to be a well blended fragrance. it's been lasting about 4 hrs on me and i can still smell it faintly on my wrists. as far as the bottle, it's actually inside a reusable plastic cylinder. many seem to be uptight about the bottle, i think it's cute. but, i like different.

rosembloom

This is a lovely though faint fruity fume. I had high expectations for this one. The notes sounded ever so promising but what I get from it is a more complex 'Strawberries and Champagne' (Vict.Se.). The top notes are vibrant with fruity punch notes: the mandarin is sharp and pleasant and the strawberries here are somehow unripe and smell faded . The heart does project a creamy gardenia and the honeysuckle is detectable though the rose is faint on me. I wish I could comment on the drydown but I smell nothing after 20 minutes :( A bit of vanilla and musk reamin,giving off a slight creamy scent. I will use it with other fruity fumes but shall not repurchase since it has so little longevity and sillage on me. I have a brand new 60ml E.D.T, the lotion and shower gel. I love the quality of the accompanying body products. It is a gorgeous scent and I personally I love the fun packaging. I have enough 'grown up, classy, chic, elegant and lady-like' flacons to fill up two vitrines. This one comes as a refreshing change. I also like that the protective casing of the perfume is solid plastic and can be re used. A keeper for this Strawberry lover!

sweetiepea161616

Why won't it let me edit my review?

Correction: I guess there IS honeysuckle! haha I didn't even really look at the notes before commenting. I guess I do smell it in there! :)

sweetiepea161616

This is a really nice fragrance. Nice meaning I really like it, but it's no LOVE affair. I don't really get the vanilla, but what I do get is a sweet, fresh scent which is great for summer. It starts off with a bit of a citrusy kick which develops fairly quickly into a floral, sweet, fruity perfume which stays close to the skin. It's not cloyingly sweet at all, just a fresh sweetness like honeysuckle or something (it doesn't smell like honeysuckle though). I think this is summer in a bottle. It's no masterpiece but it's super easy to wear and pretty much anyone can pull it off, although I picture this on younger women. The scent doesn't last too long unless you smell your wrist, and I can spray about 6 times which I would never do with other fragrances because I would get a headache! Overall I give it a B+ and I think the 1 oz size is perfect. For $9.99 at Ro$$, you can't go wrong! Oh, and the bottle is cute too!

chair
chair

It is a very sweet and happy scent:) I was actually about to buy this but I picked a different perfume... I will definitely have to pick it up:) It has fruity notes in it which I enjoy in perfumes:) YAY!

Adriannayo
Adriannayo

I think i bought this just to get closer to Carrie and the girls. It's SUCH a sweeet scent. Almost on the verge of sickly, but not quite so i like it lots. It's not really what I imagine NYC smells like, but it still ain't bad. This perfume is right next to my Escasa Magnetism and Viva la Juicy, just cuz they are all soooo sweet. What is different about NYC is it's more fruity with the orange being pretty prominent..

The bottle is not pretty at all, esp when u remove the pink plastic it's just a normal plastic bottle. It's not pretty, it's like a funky style..
Plus it's great to bring with you cuz the container locks.

And this perfume doesnt last very long on me, like only a few hours, but whatever I like the smell so I'll just respray..

giovilyanne
giovilyanne

Smells really good, BUT gives me a headache. Don't know why! Wish it didn't though.

pugnose
pugnose

The citrus/orange smell really stands out to me. Wonderful. 100 percent summer scent.

Lumiere
Lumiere

I am interested to sniff this perfume just because of wild strawberry notes-I love wild strawberry,, i mean real ones you find in the forest in June. Even thou I understand explanation about design of the bottle-I completely dislike it.

Aspendina
Aspendina

why do i keeping finding that my reviews get erased? so weird. I wanted so bad to love this as I am trying to find a scent with a Rum Note that I love, but this failed me as on my skin it just smells like dawn dish soap :-( oh well.

smilekyle
smilekyle

I actually really loved this back when I had it. I think it's a great casual, everyday scent for when you're in a rush. It does have a young, sweet candy smell, with just the ever so slightest touch of floral, at first, but then it dies down to vanilla rum note that I think older women, (or gay men!) can enjoy. I personally think it's yummy!

jksfii
jksfii

Although this smells very strongly of strawberries, it is a really great day time fresh frgrance, whilst still being young. Recommend it.

luxlover
luxlover

The nice print on the bottle and SJP's name made me buy it unsniffed. I'm on the yo-yo on this one! It's a crowd pleaser scent BUT it's just like a stronger VS body mist! I would wear this everyday, but I have to say that it's not a fragrance to die for.

Anissa
Anissa

I cannot believe that such a fashionista as Carrie Bradshaw would ever smell this horrible. The only thing I can smell is slighly rotten strawberries in liquer. Later I get a dusty rose smell and that`s about it. SJP has very good creations for example Twilight, Lovely and Covet, but this is not good.

mlpalazzo
mlpalazzo

So I also found a 2 oz gift set of this on clearance for .02 cents (along with Lovely), what a deal! This is very youthful smelling. An initial blast of strawberries, and then a pretty linear fruit and musk mixture. Pretty good sillage, my boyfriend told me I smelt nice from a few feet away. Longevity was about 3 hours. A nice summery smell, and for the price... I can't complain. :)

ps: I agree with whoever said it reminds them of the Escada fruity-florals.

EDIT: I've been reaching for this more and more and have gotten a ton of compliments.

vicka16
vicka16

I like a lot SJP NYC. It's a very floral fruity sweet fragrance. Very joyful and uplifting. Good sillage and staying power.

nush imogen
nush imogen

I will buy this used for 10 - 20$ depending on how much is left.

damewolf13
damewolf13

What's not to love about this?
This scent is a delightful mixture of rum soaked strawberries topping off some delectable vanilla mousse dessert. Having said that, there is just enough of a floral bouquet, finished off with the spicy touch of sandalwood to keep this from becoming a gourmand fragrance.
This one is a keeper for sure!
Good sillage, and fair longevity.

jreyes366
jreyes366

I smelled this in my grocery store last week because I was curious as to what it smelld like. My initial reaction was Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy, right off the bat. But only this particular fragrance has better execution and is prettier and lasts a lot longer.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

SJP NYC is a strawberry delight! Ripe sweet strawberries, crisp mandarin, light honeysuckle, and fruity osmanthus, with a hint of mimosa, rose and gardenia to a subtle dry down of vanilla, rum, sandalwood, and creamy musk. I am so glad that I finally found a SJP fragrance that I love! I really didn’t like Covet or Lovely, but NYC is fruity and sweet in the most adorable packaging!

Dmarie0218
Dmarie0218

Reminds me of Ed Hardy Hearts and Daggers. Musk and strawberries remain in the dry down. The combination smells like sweaty fruit. Pass.

pum.ohse
pum.ohse

Sweet perfume for hot summers.

PrettyYoungThing.M
PrettyYoungThing.M

Every time i use it... My spirits are lifted and i feel the urge to simply seize the day! Its bubbly, fun, bold, cute, sexy and sassy all at once! Love it!

purfecteaz
purfecteaz

SJP NYC almost belongs to Escada family. Its fun, loud, fruity, floaral, spicy and young. The first time I smelled it it reminds me a party, that everyone is invited. This scent screams good time, not serious, not uptight. When you on vacation somewhere or going shopping with your pals, showers or any party at all, this is perfect for the occasion, a very happy scent.

charliieee97
charliieee97

Smells horrible, it smells really cheap and feels heavy on my skin. Will not be purchasing this again.

Shadowfroggy
Shadowfroggy

I guess if you're sixteen you might want to smell like your Strawberry Bubblicious. Of course the bubble gum costs less and comes in a nicer package.
I'm just not a fan of that artificial strawberry scent. Having lived in NYC for most of my life, I could think of a hundred sights and smells more appealing than the gum on the subway platforms that must been the inspiration behind this juice.
I expected more from the makers of Covet. Now that's a fantastic scent!

djgirl1976
djgirl1976

Not sure why people hate on this for being fruity floral. There's a reason why they're so popular. They smell good.

le-disko
le-disko

MMM I LOVE this! Its one of my favourite scents to wear during both summer and winter seasons. Its soo comforting and smells yummy!

Initially when it first came out a few years ago, i tried it at the department store and it smelled very ordinary, like many other fruity perfumes out there.

Recently,i saw it on a sale at Priceline and thought i'd give this one another try. I sprayed it on my wrists and still, it was the same fruity burst i experienced a few years ago.

HOWEVER, after walking around in the mall, the perfume settled down into a nice creamy vanilla-musky scent. I simply could not stop smelling myself! It smelled sooo goooood!

This perfume was somewhat magical! I should have allowed it some time to develop into its true scent a few years back when i first tried it. Now i realize how beautiful SJP NYC is. I immidiately went back to Priceline and got the full 100ml bottle!

Sillage is great, lasts for about 4-5 hours without having to reapply. The plastic bottle looks kinda funky lol!

All in all, no regrets getting SJP NYC. Everything deserves a second chance!

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

Nice, but smells a lot like Taj Sunset by Escada, in my opinion. (And I prefer Taj!) Notes I detect: honeysuckle, strawberry, gardenia, cream, rum... a lot comes through with this perfume, and the effect is mostly lovely. I do get a slightly plastic scent, which is why I prefer Taj Sunset.

lady_D
lady_D

This is my spring fragrance. It is young, cheerful, very easy to wear. For me it stands out from the other fruity fragrances. I think it goes very well with my skin. I can definetly smell the strawberry and mandarin orange, as well as rum. I am also very pleased with the staying power. And I don`t mind reapplying it through the day, because it gives me a nice, fresh kick and makes me want to smile. This is where the bottle comes in - I don`t mind that it`s from plastic. This way I can easily put it in my bag and don`t worry about it breaking or anything.

SandraV
SandraV

All I get is strawberry-no rum,vanilla,nothing.I'm disappointed in this one:(

ramaeil
ramaeil

Oh!! It smells awseome! Better were in summer! Its Fruity...It smells like Desirable

aijucitis
aijucitis

i use to have this perfume,my boyfriend got me as present and i fell in love with it,its perfect for every occation

acv43
acv43

when i saw this sale at a discount store i was very intrigued $20 for a full size bottle and lotion, and i am such a sucker for a good deal.
i really wanted to like this, but alas this is not my cup of tea..this is SWEET! i love the taste of sugar but i have no desire to smell like it.
I think strawberry can be really fun and whimsical in a fragrance (bath and body works secret wonderland) but in moderation, and not so sweet!

on the other hand i am sensitive to sweet scents, so if you love sweet scents this one might be for you

tuntun787
tuntun787

I had the chance to smell this today. The note that most hit me was the rum. I didn't like that much.

nicolevivi
nicolevivi

fruity, light with a creamy undertone. Really girly and sweet.

caramorello
caramorello

Ii love this scent , its sweet and I really can smeel the strawberry in it . I bought the gift set and I get the lipgloss and the rollerball perfume It also smells really great and long lasting . And for me its similiar to guess by marciano . I love it though

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

The notes were promising but the actual smell was cheap and loud, too fruity and too sweet. It lacks sophistication, and there is nothing even remotely interesting about it. Yes, I do recognize it is int the fruity category and that comes with certain expectations but this perfume struck me as plain bad even for a fruity scent.

jmbg0380
jmbg0380

this smells like another version of the PINK Sweet and Flirty at Victoria's Secret.

ChloeAF
ChloeAF

Reminds me of the roc candy shop,very sweet but not so bad on anyone else i smell it on just not so good on me.

aromajunkie
aromajunkie

In this I get strawberry, wood, and liquor, mainly. It is quite lovely. Nice balance between the fruit and woody notes, and the rum dances all around them and makes it warm and just a tiny bit spicy. At first I thought it didn't last, but I was proven wrong. For those that like fruity notes but can't handle super sticky sweet, this is not sweet like that. More of a juicy natural strawberry sweet.

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

I get mostly strawberry, gardenia, rose ( a very young rose) and musk, it's softened by the vanilla, but certainly not overly vanilla... my overall impresion is that it's a citrus floral that's been sweetned by strawberries and vanilla... the gardenia adds a smoothness as well, but this is not a strict buttery gardenia...it's more lighthearted almost like a victoria secret perfume actually does remind me alot of very sexy from v.s. however this has a slightly powdery feel not commonly found in v.s. frags, nice but not long lasting at all. I do get alot of compliments

appleblossom22
appleblossom22

I tried this in the department store and quickly
I felt like I was in a dollar store. This scent is cheap and unappealing. I've smelled knock off's better than this. Not worth the price, honey. Take those hard-earned dollars to another counter, you'll thank me later. 1/10

Jellybean
Jellybean

where are the strawberries in here? all i get is a strong sweet musk, commonly paraded around everywhere. ugh, this one has a potential to stink up if worn for a few hours. the notes listed are all likes, but chemistry among them does not work well together.

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

his is nice suprise, on me, it's beautiful fun, and light hearted creamy citrus floral, I do pick up the strawberry, and it makes this perfume scrumptious! I have alot of perfumes and friends always stop over and want to check them out, everyone just seems to love this. The bottle, idk, I do like it, but it just doesn't mesh well wit the rest of my collection, so she's hiding in the droor :/ lol

Longevity? could definently stand some improvement!! lasts an hour or so on me :/

Hayven
Hayven

I'll be honest, I first smelled this at Macy's not knowing what SJP stood for...and I thought this was a Miley Cyrus perfume based on the bottle design and smell. I was thrown off when I found out later it was a Sarah Jessica Parker perfume. The staying power is nil, and the strawberry scent is very synthetic. Strawberry Flowers by Fresh smells more realistic than this.

sweetharmony
sweetharmony

I absolutely love this fragrance, and the case is gorgeous! Its become my favorite. I will buy it again.

curlyhair1
curlyhair1

Very fruity (strawberries), summery and "young" It's fun fragrance and would re-purchase.

mmizy
mmizy

I am almost finished with my 1.7 oz bottle. And honestly I am enjoying this scent. At first I found it quite generic and something I am just trying to finish. But now after using sjp consistently I like this more and more. This something I am happy to reach for and reapply. Its just a pleasant sweet, fresh strawberry scent. A good office scent that doesnt offend anyone.

chromaggia
chromaggia

For some reason I got absolutely none of the notes listed here. Straight from the bottle, the first spray, and a few hours afterwards, all I could smell was watermelon. Which, to me, is too sweet and unappealing in an adult's perfume, I won't be buying it anytime soon.

originalparafan

I avoid celeb scents and would've never had the desire to check this out. I'm so glad i received this in a swap because I've become quite addicted to it. There was something about it that made it more sophisticated, more grown up, than you'd think a strawberry scent would be and i couldn't put my finger on it, but I've figured it out! The strawberry note isn't a sweet, syrupy candy type it's the scent of a REAL strawberry. It smells just like real strawberries, the subtle real sweetness and the way the leaves on top smell. I love smelling this stuff! It brings back memories of eating a bowl of strawberries and dipping them in sugar. The fact that it's the scent of real strawberries prevents it from being sickly sweet. The other main thing about this scent that I'm addicted to is the sweet rum. It sounds so weird, but i can't get enough.

mizzjnice
mizzjnice

I never buy cheap imitations of perfumes- I like knowing that I have the real thing, it smells exactly like it's supposed to, and the real bottles are usually much prettier than the fakes. HOWEVER, I just watched a video on YouTube comparing the real SJP NYC to its cheaper imitation, NY Fashion, and it convinced me to buy the imitation instead. The reviewer said that they smell the same, but bottle for NY Fashion is actually much prettier than the SJP NYC bottle, which is actually just a plain glass bottle in cheap pink plastic packaging and a sticker with all of the funky patterns wrapped around the plastic. The NY Fashion bottle has the pretty patterns printed right on the glass- no ugly sticker or plastic casing AND has a LOT more product than the SJP NYC bottle (since the SJP NYC bottle is encased in plastic, it looks bigger than it really is). I saw NY Fashion on sale at Amazon for $7 so I'm going for that one.

originalparafan

This does smell similar to Escada marine groove. It's more concentrated on strawberry while in marine groove, the pineapple stands out the most. Also, the Sjp is more musky. While i love the fruity, sweet as hell Escada's, think it's more interesting than marine groove. Marine groove is JUST a sweet fruity tropical scent. I like this Sjp scent, it surprised me. I thought it was going to be strictly sweet but it has a little musky edge.. Also, the rum is noticeable! Sweet rum. I think that's interesting. I'll be wearing this!

sarage
sarage

I like this perfume but I don't need to buy it, because I already have Escada's Marine Groove.
This smells just the same, I cannot find any difference. It's a happy, fruity scent, gives me a good feeling and is perfect for summer. But really, it's just like Marine Groove.

rye
rye

Well, this was a surprise! I am sitting here with the delicious scent of fresh strawberries, rich tobacco, and rum anchored with a faint soft honeysuckle. The tobacco note is that of a very, very expensive cigar dipped in rum. So erotic, just masculine enough to create an edge and add an air of mystery but there's silk lingerie next to the skin of this one.

SJP's line of perfume is eccentric and you have to feel the mood to wear her original Covet, Lovely, or SJP NYC. All three have a touch of androgyny yet remain feminine.

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

The best SJP scent. I like it, but I wish the wild strawberries was smoother, I find them a bit sharp unfortunately. And some more vanilla would be nice too. But all in all it´s a cute sweet scent that I could easily wear and like.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

a huge thanks to perfumemonster for an awesome swap!
sjp is not only a talented actress but has a genuine interest in creating perfumes.
i adore all her perfumes and recently came to acquire her best imo Covet.
With Lovely, we had a highly sophisticated floral musk.
WIth Covet, unusual, addictive floral green with...chocolate?! and she made it WORK
with SJP NYC....hmmm a grown up floral fruity.
i can't get enough of the strawberry note....and Escada definately has the market cornered on the floral fruity group.
NYC is a departure from what we come to expect when we think of fruity.
the strawberry is there for sure...but not sweet. its like a sticky fragrant tobacco boozy pipe...
or like the "fraoul" (strawberry scented wet tobacco that the arabs stuff into their nargila (water pipes)...
i just cant get over that boozy tobacco note! its so masculine.
its unusual like her other scents, distinctive, and once gain i commend ms parker for going against the grain and mixing up wonderful scents in the perfume industry.

jodee
jodee

The bottle doesn't do this justice, I love the rum and honeysuckle notes on this. Those stand out to me a lot. I do like this one a lot. Though, I am not sure I would spend money right now to get a bottle. There are others above this one on my list for sure:). I agree that it's not a stuffy sweet but open. I would say Heat is the worst for stuffy sweet! So stuffy, my nose got a little angry when I smelled it, lol.eek.

MissLola
MissLola

i like it, but is not a special one, on me it smell exactly as Nina Ricci-Nina, doesn't matter i have both scents :)

lukkyme
lukkyme

champagne & strawberries

jennibean
jennibean

Fresh, young, gorgeous, delicious and sweet in a non-sickening way. I find that a lot of sweeter perfumes such as Hard Candy, Pink Sugar, etc. often are far too sugary for every day use. But this perfume has the freshness most sweet scented perfumes lack.
It's more of an "open-ended" sweet smell rather than a "stuffy" sweet smell. If that paints a picture for anyone...

I totally recommend it. Do not judge perfume by its crazy looking bottle! It is a beautiful feminine scent!

cocobella
cocobella

it reminds me on taj sunset by escada. not bad, but not worth buying. i prefer the taj sunset, which reminds me on solero icecream :)

darcy2
darcy2

I tried this recently and all I got was a blast of coconut. I hadn't read any of the reviews here at all, so I guess that is the smell of rum. I found the fragrance to be sweet in a way that I do not care for.

adayoncedawned
adayoncedawned

This perfume actually smells surprisingly really good, it's very fun and nice, I almost bought it but decided not to after another friend of mine told me this was her signature scent.

gigiletta
gigiletta

it is very childish style,smells like barbie colognes for little girls.very sweet strawberrys,sticky berries,air freshener honeysuckles and pufff smells nothing.it is not a bad fume,but it is not classy or unique,best for 13-15 years.

jrova
jrova

Ugh, Disgusting. Wayyyyy tooooo sweet, and I actually like and dont mid sweet fragrances. Gives me headaches and I get a gag reflex from it. Never has any (even the oldest and granny smelling perfumes) perfume or scent ever evoe such a reaction for me. Horrible. I tried to get along with it because I have a bottle that has virtually never been used. If anyone would like to exchange this for some of their other fragrance they dont like and hopefullly I would, get in touch with me.

domenicamartinello
domenicamartinello

I got this scent as a gift for a friend who really liked it. It suits her very well, however I think she doesn't spray enough. This isn't a "walk into" scent, if you know what I mean. Don't be afraid to spritz your skin a couple of times.

My one quip is, besides the bottle, this didn't come with a box :( I like perfume boxes! And especially when giving a gift. Sigh.

tanaki.aue
tanaki.aue

one of my favourite!
Just love it guys!
thanks

Hikari
Hikari

the bottle is just horrible

butterflyfantasy
butterflyfantasy

smells like cancan

fiona_sigourney
fiona_sigourney

Oh my god!!!!!
SJP NYC smells like one of my all time favorite which has been discontinued "Time for pleasure by Vesus"!!!!
Absolutely LOVE it! :)
The only problem I have with this is the staying power though. :(

dame piglet
dame piglet

There's a glass bottle inside the plastic case, just in case anyone is under the impression that the bottle is plastic - it's not. I keep my bottles in a cabinet, so I don't care what they look like.
This smells terrific! I get compliments on it every time I wear it - not from across the room, but most people who come within a foot or so of me tell me how good I smell when I wear this.
Fruity, lightly floral and well-balanced. I don't think it smells like "little girl" perfume, but it could easily be worn by the young and young at heart alike. It holds up well in heat, neither withering nor expanding, and lasts a reasonably long time (a few hours).
It's not a "serious" scent, but a scent doesn't have to be serious to be lovely, now does it? And this scent is just that: lovely and fun!

Senzadite
Senzadite

Oh my god!!! UGLIEST BOTTLE EVER!!!!

jonr951

SJP NYC Pure Crush? It's floating around on the interent. It's in a white bottle. It's on ebay too. It looks legit. I can't wait to hear more info about it! I've need hoping for a new Sarah Jessica Parker scent! Can't wait! : )

efm
efm

Not my cup of tea. Generic fairy floss sweetness with
warm caramel or butterscotch note.
Not offensive just boring.

Cute for a teenager and difficult to overdo as it disappears quickly. I quite like the packaging and would happily buy as a present for 12 - 15 year old.

onlineallday
onlineallday

The whole combination of fruits and pink flower makes me think of lychee actually, and I love lychee. It's very sweet but bearable. The top is young and fun and the base becomes a bit grown up but still lovely. It's a very nice scent that can be worn easily and it's very likable. Unfortunately, the plastic flacon is one of the cheapest things I have seen on the market. I still want one nonetheless. :)

pshycogirl-81
pshycogirl-81

Frag´s Quality,is in fact, SUPERB!!!
I must admit that this is a good quality perfume, decent sillage and longevity for an edt.
Sexy,Girly,Hot, Fun, Flirting, this is one of the best celebrity frags nowadays.
About The packaging; Oh well, I can deal with it.
Nice one: 8 out of 10.
Oh and Thanks to the reviewers that outstand for truthful and accurate comments.

cheriebeary73
cheriebeary73

I picked this one up today at Kohls (unexpected purchase) since all the other SJP fragrances I don't care for, but this one smelled good to me. Tried sample on arm and it was real good. When I got home I immediatley looked up the notes in it, and of course it works good for me with Vanilla, Rum, and Musk! Those 3 notes and anything sweet really compliment my chemisty. Hey, I know people are complaining about the bottle being tacky, but I could care less what the bottle looks like, I proudly display on my perfume stand and it's what's inside that counts! Just like with people!:)

Update: Still like the scent, but unfortunatley does not last on me! I am so sick of perfumes with no lasting power, I feel like it's such a waste of money! On Ebay it goes!

I need to learn to spend the money on quality instead of quantity.

sofeaabdullah
sofeaabdullah

Totally love this perfume...it's sweet floral n it really stays for more than 5 hrs..good lasting for an edt perfume..:)

aqua76239
aqua76239

FYI-I couldn't care less about what celebrity it is behind the fragrance. I'm completely indifferent to SJP and I'm judging the scent, not her.
I don't know what i was expecting but perhaps something better than your generic fruity bodyspray. Seriously, I've smelled something very simular from VS Garden line. There is absolutely NOTHING interesting or unique about this scent. I don't get gardenia at all in this scent(and trust me, my nose is very finely tuned to the gardenia)or strawberries. I get a bit of citrus in the beginning but then it mellows out in fruty floral light scent. I think there is some resemblence to Love Spell but only a little. Even Love Spell is more distinctive than this. Very dissapointed. Lasting power is terribly-i got less than 30 minutes from this but i guess that depends on your body chemistry since some of the other reviewers thought it was long lasting.

houhi
houhi

This scent makes me happy, I love it!

It reminds me a little bit of Ed Hardy woman, I loved that one too, but I didn't like the drydown of it. This one keeps a freshness that I miss with Ed Hardy.
It really makes me smile :)

Emma x
Emma x

I dont like this perfume, but i dont hate it either.
I can smell the strawberry, but then this awfull boozy scent comes into the mix and it doesnt go away.
It just makes me feel like im in an old pub and that stench of rum is everywhere.
It wouodl have been a decnet fragrance apart from that.
I love the inspiration behind it and would have liked to love this perfume becuase strawberry is one of my fave notes, but this composition doesnt do anything for me. x

Booogie
Booogie

Wild strawberries, vanilla and rum! This is a fun, whimsical fragrance. Reminds me of spring as it's really youthful & light-hearted.

Vamy69
Vamy69

Not a bad perfume but nothing I have not smelled a million times before. It's just ok. The lasting power is pretty good on it.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

SJP really hit the ground running with the wonderful 'Lovely' which really is different and elegant. However, this creation smells so cheap and vapid that when my three year old daughter asked me could she try something on I said 'Here, have a bit of this one'(NYC) knowing that it would be imperceptible to other people and fade to nothing pretty quickly. Not unpleasant, but it may as well be in Disney packaging and sold for peanuts.

AnaCezar
AnaCezar

Mad-Lainey´s review should be read by everybody. I just can´t understand why people care so much about celebrities, that´s not the point!
I agree this it´s not a masterpiece and the packaging does look like a toy. On the other hand, it´s easy to carry in your handbag and the scent is very nice, imo. Fresh, close to skin, long lasting and perfect for summer. If you like fruity fragrances (specially strawberry), give it a chance.

Minnija
Minnija

yes, I tought that bottle i sugly too..but thet I red that the bottle is made this way of a dress, what har sarah jessi parker and designer was Oscar de l arenta for that dress, so the dress is the same what is the bottle, so I don't thin that bottle i s very ugly anymore :)

Jomoves
Jomoves

I always spend one of my weekly lunch hours squirting and sniffing the new perfumes, and was looking forward to the release of SJP NYC, simply because I thought the name was rather cute and the packaging looked interesting.

So I last week I got me a big ol' sample. People on here have all commented on the strawberry thing and people are right. As soon as you spray it on it's like a blow kiss from a giant Strawberry Shortcake doll (you have to be over 35 to understand this). Then it mellows into a rather nice soft floral with a slight amber undertone. Very easy to wear. It actually becomes nicer as the day wears on, and I thought it smelled best after I had my nightly shower and could still detect it on my skin.

But the packaging. Oh the packaging! If you like the look of it in the adverts (as I did), get ready to be disappointed. It looks incredibly cheap and crap in real life. I don't mind a bit of tacky and fun, but this is just poorly printed and assembled. It's hard to believe that SJP herself would have approved of this. I actually think the parade of SJP perfumes have called into doubt her integrity. Each one seems more commercial and less elegant than the last. I suppose after the crash of Covet, nobody was taking chances any more. A shame, because I think that one was a bit of a winner.

Not bad, but not great. If it ends up at the perfume discount barn I'll be handing over the coins. And having a shower right after I put it on.

Pierina
Pierina

This smells ok, fruity, fun, young quite vibrant. Also what I imagine the entire female cast of Jersey Shore to smell like. (that last part isnt a complement)

jillian_stl
jillian_stl

I really lucked up on this one! I found this item on clearance for an unbelievable price.....$7.25 for a brand new 2.0 oz...I know I couldn't believe it either! There were two bottles of it left on the shelf and of course I grabbed them both and I am so happy that I did! I sampled this one day and I just couldn't stop smelling my wrist, so when I stumbled across this in clearance I was estactic. This has become one of my favorite scents. Definitely a fruity floral...I can definitely depict mostly strawberries in the first spray.... but the dry down is soft and sweet....a combination of musk, sweet florals, strawberries and a slight bit of vanilla. Ummmm this is really yummy! Absolutely wonderful IMO...so with that being said, this bottle of juice is definitely a must have in my growing collection. I think this fragrance can be worn anytime of the year because of the balance of fruit, warmth, and florals...Enjoy!

Katrusya31
Katrusya31

I like how smells this perfume, and bottle is practical and nice. Yeah, maybe SJP is not so pretty but she makes nice perfumes-perfumes you can wear.Bravo!

krissycat

update on this perfume: does anyone else think this smells just like nina from nina ricci? I'm wearing it today and it smells so much like Nina it's a little surprizing

Suzi
Suzi

This one in a word is Yummy my favourite of hers by far great bottle really delicious fruity smell. I would definitely buy it for sure.

krissycat

Love this perfume. I love sweet and fruity perfumes and this one does it for me. Love the smell of the strawberries here. This is a keeper

Mad-Lainey

Dear blonde1983: I am glad that yet another member noticed the true beauty of NYC and noticed the 'cheer me up' side of the fragrance :-)
I think it could do great on a bloke's skin, I need to talk my husband into trying it, especially now, that I read your review, Dear blonde1983!!!!
xxx

blonde1983
blonde1983

Hey guys,

Just wanted to chime in after the previous review from Mad-Lainley. I'm a guy and have always felt that if a fragrance feels good to you, regardless of the gender it was orientated towards, you should go hard. When reading the notes online for SJP NYC you can't help but be confused. Rum flavour? What is that? Anytime I am in a club and someone near me orders rum I can smell the drunkenness a mile away. Hence, I think the description of this scent can scare off a customer.

Commenting on an SJP scent, yeah I'm gay, but more to the point, I want to smell good. Really good. Hot. And this is what SJP NYC does. The white osmanthus and wild strawberries in the top notes are hot as hell. Kinda sweet, but on a guy, is incredibly sexual. The middle notes of gardenia, honeysuckle and rose lend to this sexual allure.

The most prominent base notes of musk, vanilla and rum really fire it up to make this scent in my opinion, unisex. Of course, a brave unisex, but unisex nonetheless. SJP is crazy amazing at what she does when it comes to fragrances. I absolutely recommend this fragrance for women, and even more so for the confident guy.

Mad-Lainey

Why oh why is there so much criticism about NYC??? Nearly all of you say it is so compote-ish, dull, non-appealing etc.
While I appreciate all of us have different tastes, I truly believe that majority of you, posting reviews here, are simply prejudiced towards Sarah; do not like her as an actress and so let this bias your opinion and cloud your judgement about her fragrances.
Let's put our Sarah's likes and dislikes aside.
She is not yet another celeb perfume designer producing tons of boring crap; she created some of the most appealing fragrances, such as niche-y Covet, classy Lovely or mature Twilight.
When creating NYC - what was on Sarah's mind was fun, flirt, youth breeze and you all go on and on and on about how girlish NYC is. It is because that was the very intention of Sarah! To bring our youth out and to wake the girly side of every, even the most mature, woman up!!!!
Geee, I am so fed up reading that NYC sucks, yet hardly any of you have anything to say other than it is meh, blah etc.
What on earth did you expect????? A Chanel No5 alike in Sarah's cartoon-colourful bottle?????
That fragrance is a typical ''what you see is what you get'' fragrance - a colourful, youthful, cheerful, breezy, very interesting floral fruity with better staying power than most of the perfumes in my collection.
In NYC - Gardenia and Osmanthus meet Wild Strawberry...they all sit on a rose petal while sipping a glass of rum and munching vanilla pod as the time goes by....And this party lasts a long time...at least 8 hours :-) It is a brilliant logetivity for an EDT!!!
I see here nothing artificial and find it quite offensive to call NYC a ''compote''.
It is a truly great fragrance - probably one of the best fruity florals I have ever worn.
I shall give it 10 out of 10.
And by the way, I am not that fond of Sarah but I don't want anyone question the great job she's done here :-)
It may appeal or not appeal to you but please refrain from using childish statements when describing the fragrance.
Try it a few times before you cross it out from your life and criticise it all the way.
Strenght and lasting power, to me, is great.
The bottle cheers me up every time I look at it. It is just as funny as Lola or Daisy, but far more practical :-)
NYC is a great one!!!!

By the way - I am in my thirties and when wearing NYC, it makes me feel youthful, not childish :-)

cupcakeprincessponies
cupcakeprincessponies

I bought this perfume yesterday and after I've read what others think of it here on the page, it surprised me that many are disappointed and don't like the perfume.

Because in my case, I absolutely love it!

It's sweet and fresh at the same time, and smells so delicious!

Also think it's a perfume that falls in most tastes, since I know that my friends and even my mom absolutely love it too..

Nice job Sarah JP!

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

I got miniature of this perfume, very unique (the miniature is attached as a keychain). I bought it two, since it is very rare to find that kind of miniature here. Then I try to sniff it, rather different than Lovely, a bit too sweet for me. But still it is a nice perfume! :)

blueandgold
blueandgold

Tacky bottle, smells like something an 8 year old girl would wear. Another cash-in for Sarah I suspect.

In mood
In mood

This perfume is very bright, young and long-lasting (I can smell it after 5 or 6 hrs definately). If you like smell of strawberry, this perfume is for you. I can smell also honeysuckle and musk. There is no much vanilla here. I don't find the bottle horrible, on the contrary, it's cheerful and bright.

Allegra
Allegra

Once getting over the initial shock (how come the ever-stylish SJP ended up with this horrendous packaging is something I just don't get..) and concentrating on the contents made me realize that the fragrance actually is a nice floral fruity one.

Perfect for those days when you wish to wear a casual yet vibrant scent to boost you up during the long office hours. And also its staying power is worth mentioning, after spritzing NYC onto my clothing I still could smell the fragrance two whole days after. Not many perfumes, even the more exclusive ones, live up to that..

Anahi
Anahi

love love love this scent. it's sort of a sparkling fruity smell! I defo smell the strawberry, the honeysuckle and rum!

guest_Nathalie
guest_Nathalie

This is a nice & pleasant perfume. I don't care much of the bottle, some pefumes have gorgeous bottles but not aroma. This perfume is bright, sweet & makes me smile. It smells strawberry & honeysuckle. Very youthful and lon-lasting.

bolla2909
bolla2909

Well, this isn´t the first fruity/floral out there and they certanly aren´t a favourite of mine, but I still liked this one. A lot of fruity scents smell too sweet or sour for my liking, but SJP NYC was a happy medium, a good daytime summer perfume for me. It´s fun and perky and puts me in a good mood!

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

I thing most is said and done with this one, it smells the same all the way,it doesnt develep in to some other notes. I like it though,it smells sweet, but as many others have written, it smells like an Escada perfume, nothing new on the market.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

Tried this over the weekend at khols and of all the non-designer fragrances being offered there this was the best smelling one! This is a sophisticated fruity floral scent that is not overly fruity or overly floral. It is well blended and balanced. The combination of notes is just lovely very smooth, not sharp at all, great for summer. If you give it a try you might find that it's a lot better than some of the reviews seem to indicate.

guest_plavusa67
guest_plavusa67

Nice parfume. Remainds me on Sexy Grafiti - Escada. But, unfortunatelly, it doesn't last long :( After two, three hours it looks like you never put it on.

acingram
acingram

the smell of this perfume in itself is not too bad, light and fruity yet still a little classy. However, it did NOT work with my skin at all and smelled like a cheap $5 perfume on me. I wasn't a fan, however I did get a free watch with purchase ;-P

jonr951

I just got my bottle today! I LOVE it! I cant help it! Im a sucker for strawberry! I could drench myself in SJP NYC! Its perfect for this summer weather! Its like an ice cold strawberry cocktail! Its so juicy & refreshing! I know its nothing like her previous sophisticated scents but its still perfection for what it is. I think anyone can pull this off! Fragrances shouldnt have an age limit. Wear what makes you feel wonderful & love and adore it! Nice job again SJP! : )

SJP NYC, what can I say? You are sickeningly sweet like so many fragrances on the market today.

I've likened this fragrance to Ralph Wild by Ralph Lauren and Showtime by Kylie Minogue. If those fragrances are your thing, go check this fragrance out and skip this review, if you dislike sweet, candy-like fragrances, keep reading.

Sarah Jessica Parker is said to be one of those celebrities that know their fragrances. Loving everything from Clean to Penhaligons and Comme Des Garcons, you'd assume this woman has style. Her first three offerings; Lovely, Covet and Covet Bloom, had proven her good taste. However from the Lovely Collection and onwards, I don't believe she has managed to have her say.

SJP NYC is sugary strawberry syrup drizzled over vanilla icecream. I have no clue why they called this fragrance New York City. I haven't been there of course, however I don't believe it smells like a candy store. DKNY for Women is much more realistic.

This fragrance is something that I can enjoy on a blotter or from the bottle, however on the skin it disturbs me. I'm not old, I'm 20, and even still the scent is far too childish for me. I feel like I should be wearing a puffy pink dress with a big bow at the back and glittered butterflies in my hair.

On a positive note, SJP NYC lasts forever. The sillage is excellent too. It's a pity that this fragrance is so one-dimensional. Had this fragrance developed more, it may have had a chance with me. I also agree with the other reviewers here, the bottle design is indeed very tacky and cheap-looking.

delphine67
delphine67

nice strawberry salad, fun to wear on a hot summersday. Its a sweet floral fruity. just the way I like it.

Update: Bought a small bottle today. In the beginning I like it very much but after some hours it start to smell a bit chemical. I think I will gonna layer this with something else.

guest_Reva
guest_Reva

I Love this perfume!!!!

Malibu
Malibu

The only word that comes to mind is strawberry mojito.

The only scent notes I get are strawberry, rum and vanilla, from top to bottom. There's no difference between the top, heart or base; It's all jumbled together.

It's nothing offensive and/or bad, but it's nothing new.

The staying power is non-exsistant; Within the hour it's gone.

The bottle is colourful, but tacky.

susiechoo
susiechoo

If you're in the store, smell this SJP NYC, then go and smell the new Escada "Midnight Groove"...pretty on the dot. I can't tell you the lasting power because it's too fruity for my taste...

sofiii
sofiii

SJP NYC is just like another floral fruity perfume been pushed to the market.
It starts nice, fresh, juicy and fruity. I can detect a lot of strawberry. The good thing is, the strawberry here doesn't give me a headach like some others do, but it still smells realy synthetic.

Then it gets floral with some kinda of Chorpad Happy Spirit kinda notes. Anyways, it is nice and inoffensive.

However, the dry down is weird, I smelt comfy sweet hint plus a lot of synthetic woody notes in a sweet way. It made my stomach turn.

I wanted to like this perfume, however, not for me.

PS: Personally I find that the real-life bottle is quite tacky, especially when you take the perfume bottle out from the plastic holder.

Trvevil
Trvevil

'SJP NYC' at first delights you with fruity salad a la Escada summer editions. It's fresh, juicy, fruity and overall nice. Young girls would sure fall for this happy thing. Later it becomes a little more floral. Though, they should include cosmopolitan cocktail note instead of rum. Ha ha xD But it's very enjoyable, but not original. Lots of strawberries that aren't sickly sweet.

guest_Cj
guest_Cj

I love this one! I tryed it when I went to the store to buy the new nina ricci one (that smells like sweets) and fell in love with it. I just went back today to buy nyc :). It reminds me of pink Ed Hardy but this one is a little sharper. If you like sweet fruity perfumes you will like it. If you have the opinion that all fruity florals are for 10year olds then you wont.

- I think if you like a smell then wear it. A lot of people say fruity florals are for 10-16year olds but there is no particular smell for an age. Go with what you like and don't feel like you HAVE to like the designer musky smells because your no longer in your teens :)

guest_pearl of the ocean
guest_pearl of the ocean

Delicious strawberry fragrance BUT unfortunatly it doesn't seem to bring out the sophistication that S.J.P is trying to convey.

This has playful, flirty and light hearted characteristics, much like Carrie Bradshaw herself.

But its overall strawberry laden sweetness simply lacks depth and substance. It smells as if it were aimed at 14 year olds.

You simply cant take this fragrance seriously.

Ouch!
Ouch!

I'm so dissapointed by this scent, by the quality and by the fact that it is really unoriginal.

This perfume fades so fast with my chemistry and smells like a fruity generic sort of body spray. I was deffo not blown away by it's complexity or anything like that...

Kinda boring and the bottle? omg...so vile. It looks like a kaleidoscope that a child has made.

"Lovely" is a far better creation.

panda0410
panda0410

Highly synthetic to my nose, overt artificial strawberry in tacky, definitely not chic, packaging. In fact I hate the packaging, that plastic outer cover comes off far too easily and its horribly cheap, something I expect from a Disney scent for a child - gimmicky and tacky IMHO.

Yes its sugar sweet, yes its generic, yes it will probably appeal to the vast majority of teenage girls. In its own right a nice summer scent with a bit of kid in the adult ;) But I happen to agree with the reviewer who mentioned body spray impression - it definitely reminds me of a perfume you might buy for your teenage daughter. If you happen to like child like scents then you will probably enjoy this, its fruity and summer sweet and would definitely make a nice summer scent. But if you prefer more grown up perfumes then definitely try something else or go to BBW or TBS, you can probably find something much nicer and less synthetic smelling than this for less than half the price.

Beautiful Beautiful perfume! Whoever said it isn't good are just whining people who just like to complain unfortuantely. It smells fresh and fruity, great for the summer and the design on the bottle rocks because its different then anything else.

Alinaishere
Alinaishere

i completely agree with lenabel

it is a nice strawberry scent but its all i smell. not worth the price of a perfume.

LenaBel
LenaBel

Strawberry strawberry strawberry. Generic floral fruity, no deepness. The aroma is quite pleasant but not complex enough to be a decent perfume. This is one of those fragrances which I call 'body sprays', which are uncomplex and bland. Strawberry is similar to the scent of Body Shop strawberry range (I would rather go for a body spray rather than this-save your bucks/pounds/euros etc). The bottle is a joke haha- I hope they are not being serious with this :D

rithacha
rithacha

I have no idea what they were thinking. At first, I was confused; is this a joke? Surely they're not actually SELLING something in that tacky tacky tacky bottle? Nope, Sarah was serious. With the ridiculous jingle "Fashion is in the air!" and the gaudy pink-trimmed animal prints across the plastic, I can't help but suspect someone in the SJP's marketing committee is close to being fired.

Well, the exterior could be forgiven if the juice inside were decent. Which is too bad because the candy soup inside shouldn't qualify as a fragrance. Strawberry cotton candy floating in syrupy eau de plastic. An aggressively sweet sweet fruity floral, the generic teenager perfume, reminescent of shiny Hello Kitty heads. Strawberry jam, strawberry preserve, slathered over stale bread.

I don't know why I bothered.

karlee79
karlee79

Man am i ever in love with this scent! it is the best scent with strawberry I have ever smelled. It has NO sour notes whatsoever and it such a clean smelling truly sweet strawberry smell. I think the rum keeps it from smelling sour??? not sure though, but wow, how fresh , yet sensual too, but just slightly. great frag for summer for sure. This scent is both for a young or a mature woman. I am so pleased simply because I have never even smelled something so refreshing EVER, that wasn't aquatic, and had too much melon or cucumber. It's a beautiful combo that's for sure. The staying power is amazing too. Great for all you Vanilla lovers, and just so darn refreshing I can't get over it. contrary to what some are saying on these reviews I have not sniffed anything like it yet. To me it is unique.

honeydays
honeydays

I'm hard to please, but I actually like this, though I admit it's got a childish note to it. I just really like the strawberry smell. I find it cute, and I agree with others who say it's not typical. Good for summer outside at Disneyland.

knit_at_nite
knit_at_nite

Sampled this recently and was very disappointed, considering SJP's line has been credible so far- nothing terribly original but nice, solid perfumery. This stuff fell off a truck of a child's pretend make up and perfume variety. The world did not need another fruity tooty fragrance but this one actually demeans the great city of New York. The bottle must have been inspired by Betsey Johnson's perfume. At least this one doesn't have a plastic filigree topper.
No sale.

guest_morningstar
guest_morningstar

Just bought this last weekend. I am not one to analyze very single smell or note in a fragrance. All I know is that this smells sweet, fruity, almost like a tasty dessert. I love it. It's very feminine and lasts for hours. I'm happy with my purchase. Also very nice that it came in a $35 size at my local Ulta.

I'm totally satisfied with this perfume. I like it MUCH better than Lovely, which I gave away.

mandashell
mandashell

Smells like a fruity strawberry punch. ;') LOL! Not bad but maybe not what people were expecting. It is a fun scent and I like it. Plus this isn't as bad as I thought it would be after reading some reviews here. It smells good and I would choose this over many other very fruity fragrances on the market ie. Escada. Also love the fact that it manages to pull off a strawberry note without smelling exceedingly artificial. Plan on getting a bottle but not at the retail price! o.0

XoXoL.o.V.e
XoXoL.o.V.e

Finally i tested today in a department store!!

The Fragrance:
Is nice & safe,i like it but i was expecting something more original,like the other fragrance from SJP,it opens with a nice-fresh-fruity-scent(the strawberry & the mandarine are very outstanding)then it become a floral-girly base like any other floral-fruity outhere,it remind me a little bit to Ed Hardy`s first frgrance.

The Bottle:
I had to admit it is really original but in person looks a little bit cheap,but i like it.

Conclusion:
Is good & safe,very fresh & fruity,but not candy like,girly & flirty,i give it a 8 from 10,i want it.:)

SSUNSHINE4497

Nice for floral-fruity..staying power is good..hate the bottle (looks generic)

Teebird
Teebird

I sampled this today in a department store. Here it is three hours later, and the scent still lingers so the staying power is decent enough.
But it smells so very much like all the other popular fruity florals out there now. I didn't expect something so generic and cheap smelling and so much like a body spray from SJP. I'll have to wash it off, since there is a harshness in the drydown for me that is beginning to give me a headache.
I'll stick with Covet, or if I want a fun and fruity scent, I'll stick with Escada Moon Sparkle.

Fragaria
Fragaria

It's the blend of a deep heavy dark perfume and a fruity body spray. The two don't mix well for me. Same thing I felt about Beyonce's perfume, very similar.....awful

secretcrush

MADE MY PURCHASE AND COULDNT BE HAPPIER, WORE IT OUT LAST NIGHT(12ISH) AND STILL SMELL IT @ 5:47 AM, WHICH IS JUST WONDERFUL...NO REGRETS HERE!!!

secretcrush

I'm absolutely in love w/ this one!!! Its fresh, its vibrant and all w/o being too strong or too typical... Excellent for the upcoming spring/summer season, will invest in the lotion too since its only a EDT... Definitely my next-2-buy!!!

ILOVEEEPERFUME
ILOVEEEPERFUME

This has to be one one of the WORST fragrances ever. smells like a pack of melted strawberry bubblegum roasting in the sun then quickly turns into a pack of marlboro reds NASTY! you couldnt pay me to wear this crap
and whats with the bottle!?

danimcneil
danimcneil

I bought this today at MACY'S, with the full intentions of buying Beyonce's HEAT. They were sitting next to eachother on the counter, and the SA was really trying hard to sell heat to me. But i sprayed SJP on one hand and heat on the other and sniffed on for about 30 minutes. My heart wanted to buy heat, but my nose did not lie. Short story, I left MACY'S with SJP NYC. Yes there is strawberry, but a bright and bubbly, less fruity version of it. This scent is fruity rose gone chic (if that's at all possible). I reall am enjoying my puchase. And it is an EDT and only $35 for the smaller bottle, but is long lasting :)

guest_Trisha H
guest_Trisha H

I love it. It's exactly what I think Carrie would wear.

SSUNSHINE4497

Just tried it from an ad-seems yummy! I will have to try it on before buying. The pic of the bottle makes it looks cheap? lol ...we will see

This smells wonderful. A nice fresh fruity (love the strawberry) smell. Perfect for spring and summer. Cute bottle as well!

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

This smells JUST like Halle Berry Pure Orchid (Another COTY product supposed to be released in Feb.) The only difference is this one is a liiiiittle bit fruitier and Pure Orchid is a liiiiittle sweeter. Not that big of a difference. Smelling my arm with Pure Orchid on it and smelling the scent with SJP NYC on it, I can't see that big of a difference. I wish I would've waited for SJP NYC since it comes in a bigger bottle and has a body lotion that can be purchased. I hope I can take this open Halle Berry Pure Orchid back to WalGreens. I really want to keep it, but it only comes in a 1.0 oz and no body lotion. I'm sure they'll make it that a small lotion will come in a set, but I'm not buying it over!

I like the scent from InStyle ad. Fruity is great for spring/summer and this has a soft undertone. Strawberry can be fresh. I have to say I love the packaging; it is just like Carrie in NYC, colorful and flamboyant. What else did you expect?
I will buy it as soon as available.

guest_unknown.
guest_unknown.

I actually like the bottle. as well as the scent. (:

rainydays
rainydays

Only smelled this in a magazine so far, and surprisingly, I found it was pretty pleasant. A very sweet, smooth floral. Young and vibrant, but also typical (as most fruity florals tend to be). However, I would love to try the actual juice. My only complaint so far is the bottle. One of the cheapest looking ones I've ever seen.

guest_Crystal R
guest_Crystal R

I smelled this in my current In Style Mag. I really liked it. It am not usually a big fragrance fan. They either are too strong or too fruity. This is a really soft balance. I plan on buying it when it hits Macy's.

taydev
taydev

ugly bottle. looks like it belongs in a 7 year old girls play make-up kit. not feeling the strawberry note based on other strawberry frags but they say this is different. I'll give it a test, doubt i'll buy it though.

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

Another fruity floral! Can't wait, I really don't think they produce enough of them! Enjoy the sarcasm... This sounds very sweet. And fruity! LOL I can't be the only person sick of them ,why do they keep making fruity florals in mass quantaties! It has to stop!

fleurdelis
fleurdelis

I'm excited to try this. I haven't liked other SJP fragrances, but the notes in this sound wonderful! And the bottle isn't totally my taste, either, but I'm hoping it's one of those that looks better in person.

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

SJP has released some nice fragrances so far (i.e. Covet) but we must all admit that this bottle is just horrible. A Carnival of patterns that looks like a bad-looking toy.

jonr951

It's actually called "SJP NYC". Not Carrie On. Carrie On is just the title of the WWD article. I'm really looking forward to "SJP NYC"! It just looks and sounds SO FUN!! Sarah said the strawberry note isn't at all candy like so we'll see. It will be interesting to finally have a sophisticated strawberry fragrance! Can't wait! I LOVE her other 6 scents!!

SJP NYC by Sarah Jessica Parker 3.83 out of 5 based on 735 ratings and 217 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Sarah Jessica Parker SJP NYC fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Sarah Jessica Parker SJP NYC, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify SJP NYC by Sarah Jessica Parker. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of SJP NYC by Sarah Jessica Parker represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.