Designers » R S » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

SJP NYC Pure Crush Sarah Jessica Parker for women
dislike

coconut
tropical

Sarah Jessica Parker presents SJP NYC Pure Crush in 2011, as thr new version of the SJP NYC fragrance from 2009. SJP NYC Pure Crush is a clean and airy scent of coconut. It is available as 60 ml Eau de Toilette.

Vanille Coconut White Flowers

Exotic Coconut

SJP NYC Pure Crush Fragrance Reviews

Love_heart
Love_heart

So most coconut is fake smelling In perfume this is so well done !!!
Pretty and summery without fake tan smell attachment !
However I am allergic to actual coconut if I eat it so whenever I try to wear this I have someone screeching " arnt you suppose to be allergic to that !"
Ugh !! No I'm not eating it !! It happens everytime so I've given it to my best friend

Zuzu1980
Zuzu1980

I blind bought this a couple of weeks ago due to the fragrantica reviews and the fact that it was inexpensive. I was looking for something similar to Lolita Lempicka l'aimee but without the strong tiare note. I nearly threw it out without even opening it, the bottle was so ugly and tacky looking. Luckily I gave it a chance because I really like the fragrance.

On me, the fragrance opens with a very strong creamy coconut note, then it becomes slightly sweeter and you can smell the vanilla too. The White flowers are a little more prominent in the dry down, then it just vanishes.

I live in a hot climate and I think this is my new favourite every day summer fragrance. Oh, and luckily the actual perfume is in a plain glass bottle, which can be removed from the hideous plastic casing.

It is not quite l'aimee without the tiare, as it's missing the lime note, so my search continues...

PerfumeKing14
PerfumeKing14

I got this today & all I can say is YUMMY! So this starts of chemicaly for like 10 seconds but then the coconut/vanilla scent is so good, it's airy, fresh & honestly I could eat it. It's kinda like the inside of a chocolate coconut bar. The vanilla is amazing in this, it stops the coconut from being to harsh & I like that because some scents with coconut smell like a body butter but not this. It's a real holiday scent which is great as I'm going on holiday next week so I found my signature holiday scent, I sprayed on each wrist to try out at half 9 this morning, it's now 4.20pm & it still smells amazing.

Sassygirl18
Sassygirl18

A nice tropical fragrance which smells very similar to Virgin Island Water by Creed, only this one is more feminine.

greengrl
greengrl

I love this fragrance! The coconut is so creamy & delicious. The floral notes are subtle but offer a great balance for the coconut and vanilla. This was my go to scent to wear to work last summer & I would receive so many compliments on it's soft and cozy smell. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking for a non citrus or aquatic warm weather scent or anyone looking for a non-candy/ authentic coconut smell.

mel4

I love this for everyday spring and summer wear. I am a teacher and like to wear fun and sweet scents. It is both the only issue I have is that it is not long lasting, the duration being about 4-5 hours.

dkny27
dkny27

Mmmmm... Just a delicious blend of demure coconut and vanilla. I think the white flowers come in to add a tiny bit of sophistication that makes this a deliciously fun summer scent. It has a beach-y vibe with sun and sand and tropics.
Not overpowering, not obnoxiously sweet, settles down with a slightly powdery sereneness.... May even make a great layering scent, from day to night...

mel4

Just did a blind buy of this using the reviews as my guide and I ma not sorry I did. This is sweet, tropical and candy like Love it! As a teacher I like to wear something kind of kid friendly and this is really great. What makes it better is the price. Very reasonable and far les expensive than most to f the other I wear.

ageletou
ageletou

I recently purchase a perfume from the Internet and as a gift I got a sample of Pure Crush. This is my least favourite out all the other perfumes of SJP, I have tried, although I wanted to find a coconut perfume for the Summer....Overall, pure crush, is an airy, soft, coconut, vanilla fragrance that stays close to skin, with average longevity. Fortunately, the coconut note is not so artificial as in other perfumes (for example, Vanille Coco by CSP) but still is not what I expected.....In the past, I owned Dawn and Covet pure bloom and this was the third I had the chance to try, but it did not reach my expectations....My favourite, until now, remains Dawn.....I do not know if I will try to find/purchase another coconut perfume again, because I have come to the conclusion that the coconut note is not so successful and true as other notes can be in Perfumery, on the contrary, most of the times is plastic and synthetic and in MHO is not worthy....

Spencemonster
Spencemonster

I want to say 2 years ago I got this at marshalls. I had SJPNYC which I adore but wondered what this would smell like. It was 19.99. Didn't buy. Went back a week later randomly and a few bottles were 14.99 but one. One was 10.00! I thought hell I'll buy it. It I hate it. It's $10 I could sell the thing for $12. Well I ain't ever selling it' and pray I can get it that cheap when I run the hell out! I LOVE this fragrance. The coconut note is amazing so aquatic and juicy fresh and clean. U can wear this year round. I love to be crazy and wear it around the holidays around christmas!
Freezing ur ass off in the snow and cold just spray this on! U feel summery clean and coconut to the max! Love this perfume :)

sharyssa
sharyssa

I bought three of these last year when Marshalls had them on clearance for 16.00 I wore it alot then not so crazy about it now it smells of straight coconut and not much else I do like the bottles and some places sell the inner part as a tester to refill it I also have one of the sjp nyc which I am now liking more than this one because it smells a lot like ed hardy just wish it lasted as well as his perfume

odisse
odisse

How I've longed for this! Today I recieved my bottle, blind bought it in the middle of my coconut mania, and it's not quite what I expected! I think it's far better than I thought it would be. The smell is so.... Luscious. It's sweet but has fresh flowers in it. Longevity isn't bad either, I can still smell the vanilla sugary sweetness on my skin after 8 hours. Wonderful fragrance at a low price! I love it!!

FrancesAnne
FrancesAnne

I really wanted to love this perfume as I love SJP Dawn. It smells of coconut, which is fine. However there is another smell under the coconut which is very strong and unpleasant, something very 'chemically'. I can't wear it. Shame really.

clancyann
clancyann

Love this! It's a great, sweet coconut fragrance, a contrast to the nuttier coconut of, say, Estee Lauder Sensuous Nude or The Body Shop Coconut. When I first smelled it, I knew it was familiar, that it reminded me of something I'd smelled before. Then I figured it out: a Mounds bar! It smells just like that candied coconut filling...delicious.

5354alice
5354alice

I just received it and I'm wearing today, in a hot and sunny day: it is perfect for summer...I smell a lot of coconut, not in a cocktail way, it's so creamy! This make me remember a vacation in Cuba, when I used to drink coconut milk: the same smell! Lovely

I have to add that this has a graet longevity: I worn it two days ago and than put my dress in the wardrobe... well this morning opening it I could smell the fragrance! :O

Jyllian

well i finally got it on amazon..I LIKE IT ..Coconut is perhaps my most favorite scent of all..this smells sweet and coconutty...i like the suntan oil type of coconut smell most..this is sweeter like an almond joy bar.. it reminds me a lot of Gwen Stefani, Harajuku lovers G , which i also love..i might like this a litter better, though.

Jyllian

cant find this anywhere but really want to get some..does anyone know of any stores that sell it i have looked high and low.

Naziabegum08
Naziabegum08

I bought this fragrance in the uk from a store called savers for £9.99 for 60ml and i smelt it and initially smelt coconut and loved the smell.

However i love coconut and wanted this fragrance to last on my skin but it did not :( it lasts around 1 hour and i could only smell it on my clothes when i put my clothes right up mu nose.

It is a beautiful subtle fragrance but did not last on my skin, nevertheless i couldnt moan as it was so cheap.

Also try diesel feminine in the red bottle if you like coconut. Not a sweet sickly coconut smell but very subtle.

adrienn99
adrienn99

this is actually quite good in its category...it is a bearable milky-coconutty scent which does not smell synthetic. Not overwhelming to me and has a great price.
Nice if you want to smell edible to the other sex, I can imagine men go crazy about this, will test on my next subject ;)

CaledonianChic77
CaledonianChic77

Gorgeous! summer scent that's fresh & with light musky floral's, just picture long sandy beaches, waves crashing and sipping on pina coladas. It oozes with coconut and with a little dash of vanilla very nice indeed. I find it tropical also and the dry down on my skin is rather light, almost creamy & powdery. You can't go wrong with pure crush as a majority of the population loves coconut and this is the ideal beach fragrance. To boot this actually smell's like the alcohol drink Caribbean Twist - Pina Colada popular in the United Kingdom. Beach here i come!.

caline00
caline00

this perfume smells soooooooo good ! very tropical and mature ! it smells way better than the original nyc but that one smells good too ! you can't go wrong with this one !

stefanie.vieweg
stefanie.vieweg

This is a nice and simple fragrance. Nothing complicated, nothing mind blowing, just coconut and vanilla with a hint of a white flower bouquet (but a very tiny hint)
It doesn´t develope on my skin, it stays the same throughout the hours I wear it. It remains the same coconut milk scent. It´s not an overly sweet coconut, more of a balmy, creamy coconut. It´s surprisingly not overly sweet and not artificial.
It stays close to the skin, other people wont really notice it, I think. Even directly after I sprayed it, and when it dryed down, I have to sniff my wrist to smell it. It´s very light. Almost like a bodyspray, but the lasting power is longer than a bodyspray.
On my skin it stays up to 4 hours.
When I use a scented bodylotion with it, it seems to dissapear directly. It´s so light, every other scent will be dominant compared to SJP NYC Pure Crush, so be careful with that.

I also have SJP NYC, but it is nothing like this. These two fragrances have nothing in common, they are completly different.

Abby1970
Abby1970

Very simple linear scent. Yummy, lovely coconuts! Perfect for tropical holidays and balmy summer nights! Also the perfect layering perfume. We've all had those less than successful blind buys where the fragrance isn't rocking us but it's inoffensive enough and even though you know you’re not going to feel inspired to wear it, you tend to leaving it sitting amongst your collection for a while in the hopes that perhaps one day you'll feel compelled to spray it on and suddenly the earths axis will have tilted just enough for it to smell lovely! Of course that never happens. But before you totally dismiss your next mistake and give it away to a friend or chuck it into your desk drawer for those days when you've been late for work and forgot to put on any perfume, try layering it with this little beauty! It really can completely change the scent of a mediocre perfume into a truly lovely scent!

nightcat23
nightcat23

This isn't a fresh tropical coconut scent, more of a dessert coconut scent. It's very sweet, and smells a lot like coconut icing. I do like it, but sometimes I like to layer it.

I like to layer it with Estee Lauder's 2008 Bronze Goddess.

Hairytrees1
Hairytrees1

This smells so delicious, like coconut macaroons! A beautiful sweet coconut scent :)

Aspendina
Aspendina

Very nice lite coconut scent wanted someing with a more stronger coconut smell but this will do I guess, it is kind of addictive.

twinbeauty
twinbeauty

to be clear, smells enough like Virgin Island Water to serve as a substitute, just doesn't smell as classy.

exciter76
exciter76

When I heard Bath and Body Works was discontinuing their Exotic Coconut line I was thoroughly heartbroken. About the same time Gwen Stefani put out Harajuku Lovers-G. There was a sense of relief when I tested it out. Then there was the drydown, or rather, the letdown. It turned to baby powder. Nice, but not exactly what I was hoping for. I had to resort to hoarding bottles of body sprays and tubs of creams in order to savor the toasty coconut scent for the rest of the year.

You reviewers are a persuasive bunch. Based on your reviews I was anxious to try SJP NYC Pure Crush. I could not sleep at night knowing there was a bottle of PC waiting for me in a bargain bin, cold and lonely without me. After days of waiting I finally got my hands on it. I had to have a little pep talk with myself first, to tell myself not to set my expectations too high. Then, anxiously, I spritzed my wrists. Ahhh, it was my precious Exotic Coconut back in my hands again! A toasty, smoky vanilla and coconut treat!

I waited and waited, prepared to be disappointed. I wasn’t. However, I was promised some white florals. They’re around…somewhere. Several hours later I caught a whiff of tropical white flowers and they’re fantastic but subtle. It’s mostly BBW’s Exotic Coconut with a little more muscle. It’s no masterpiece but I’m a happy camper.

TillyWave
TillyWave

I have this. I like it. It smells like clean, one-dimentional coconut, a bit of white flowers, and a vanillic-drydown on coconut--just like the pyramid says. Less suntan/beachy than clean, white, floating clouds in the warm breeze sort of thing. I heart coconut. I wish this was a bit stronger, and longer lasting. Specifically this lasts 4-6 hours, and has only mild sillage. Pure Crush is as striking and offensive as a body spray from B&BW.

That's the review part. The other part of me asks, why did they put this out? What's the story? Who decided to roll this onto the whole SJP/SATC thing? It seemingly has no advertising, no copy, the perfumer is not mentioned in the write up. If their intention was to make money, I doubt they will do so off this one--who the heck even knows about it? It just seems to thoughtlessly tacked on and put out. Strange. Or maybe not. I don't know.

Anyway, it scratched my looking-for-another-coconut scent-itch, but for most it won't be that interesting

parfumeguru
parfumeguru

It is quite nice. Initially you may think of Body shop or Bath and Body works items...or you may continue to do so.. :)

It smells like coconut vanilla syrup... vanilla syrup with an ounce of coconut essence..or similar description..however, it is more sweet and vanilla then coconut notes..

Raina
Raina

Very pronounced powdery white floral with a background of sugary coconut. Even though it is soft I still have to say thank goodness they cut the white florals with coconut or this could get headache inducing. When I first sprayed this I thought that this smelled very much like the older, more sophisticated sister to Harajuku Lovers G but with a superior formula as the coconut note here is not (quite) as synthetic as that one.

On the whole I'm a little disappointed in this as I was expecting a strong, true, fresh coconut softened by just a touch of white florals and warmed with vanilla, and instead I smell like the powder and the women's powder room with a touch of sugary synthetic coconut (rather like Victoria's Secret Coconut Passion) I can see this as being rather lovely for weddings and on the whole I suppose I can describe it as "nice." Unfortunately for me my search for the perfect coconut fragrance will not be stopping at this one.

EDIT: Alright, the dry down is rather nice. Still too much powdery white floral, but now and again a flash of almost true coconut will peek through, less sugary sweet and more coconut flesh. Shows promise but its still not quite where I want it to be.

ahnm
ahnm

if i liked coconut i would LOVE this, but i really really can't stand any amounts of coconut. even with that coconut note, it's such a nice soft fragrance. not overpowering at all, but has REALLY good sillage and has stayed on my jacket for 2 days! smells like coconut, musk, flowers, and a little bit of dry vanilla. there is some other fruit note in this that i can detect, but i'm not sure waht it is. something about it smells 'pink' as well. it's also a clean and cooler scent, BUT best suited for fall/winter.
i think if i didn't KNOW it was coconut, i would like it

anneymn
anneymn

Creamy milky coconut mostly, faint vanilla and white flowers. Close to the skin. No comparison to original NYC SPJ. I have both but prefer Pure Crush out of the two.

Not complex at all, simple, slightly sweet, not offensive, coconut milk.

poivrerose
poivrerose

This is a very pleasant spicy coconut scent. It's not in your face suntan oil coconut, and I personally don't get much sweet vanilla either, but I do get a nice creamy spiciness. I can only smell the lovely clean gardenia when I put my nose right to my skin, I wish that note was a little louder. I could swear there is pepper here. In fact, this reminds me of layering B&BW Exotic Coconut with Ralph Hot, and that was the ultimate sultry summer scent. The combination literally used to get me swarmed with compliments. So this will do as a substitute for that. I can't say much about the progression of the scent, as it didn't change on my skin much. But it does have really nice sillage and is pretty long lasting. Behaves nicely in the heat. Great for summer!

angel6
angel6

It's nice but I already have Virgin Island Water, and I don't need another coconut perfume.
Today I try this fragrance again and I think smells very much like Virgin Island water by creed and if you have one you don't need the other.

knit_at_nite
knit_at_nite

Hated the original, but SJP NYC Pure Crush can stand on its own merits as an easy-wearing creamy treat. I don't get why they bothered to make this a flanker; how does it relate to either NYC or the screechy plastic mess of the original NYC? Never mind, it's a rhetorical question. This does not,thankfully, recreate a suntan preparation either. I'm just so pleased I took a chance and gave this a shot.
For notes I get a bit of earthy shell in the coconut, a green fresh coconut milk note, a "not too sweet" vanilla and hint of creamy white petals- not even full-on flowers to rise up into white cloying-ness. (is that even a word?) The effect is gentle and soothing.
This could be an updated version of Guy La Roche's Fidji, so I'll have to get out my bottle of that and compare. In the meantime, nice work SJP team!

onlineallday
onlineallday

Cononut almond milk as simple as the bottle! It's light and comfortable to wear.

dame piglet
dame piglet

I just love the "regular" NYC, so I thought that if Pure Crush is related, I'd give it a try. I was told by others that it smelled like coconut, so I tried to imagine NYC + coconut.
Nope. This is not NYC + coconut. Not at all.
Now, let me start by saying when I see "coconut and gardenia (or white floral)" as a frag's primary notes, I usually think: Oh no! A "Summer SCREACHER!" and I run away. Usually, when gardenia hits my skin, it puts the "PEE" in perfume, if you know what I mean. I wouldn't have bought this if I'd read the notes first, but since it was a blind buy... I am actually GLAD I didn't know! It's coconut MILK - not sugary, candy coconut - and it smells very authentic! Then soft gardenia slips in, quietly, not screamingly. There might be a tiny tiny bit of rose or other soft (not powdery) floral in there also. Very tropical, very well done.
I would still advise not to apply too heavily - although it didn't give me a headache (like gardenia usually does), it has AMAZING sillage.
Two people commented that I smelled good, like coconut. By that time, I could only smell the flowers.
I still prefer the original NYC, but Pure Crush is still a winner to me.

dmaw
dmaw

Clean and fresh...just as described. My new summer favorite for everyday wear.

When I first tried this, I didn't really get coconut right off the bat, but i just get this plasticky tuberose/jasmine combo with a "coconut water" vanilla. The scent wasn't loud but ho-hum and very calm. I find this version to be a flop. It's too different from the original one, and it doesn't even get a proper ads or promotion. I do not like it that much tho because I prefer my SJP NYC to be more fun and vibrant.

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

Purchased this at Marshalls last week and it's a beautiful scent of coconut mixed with a dash of vanilla. It's a beautiful scent since I love the smell of coconuts!

For the record, I do believe this is miles ahead of SJP NYC. For some reason when I smell SJP it makes me feel really sick

SJP NYC Pure Crush by Sarah Jessica Parker 3.84 out of 5 based on 110 ratings and 41 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Sarah Jessica Parker SJP NYC Pure Crush fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Sarah Jessica Parker SJP NYC Pure Crush, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify SJP NYC Pure Crush by Sarah Jessica Parker. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of SJP NYC Pure Crush by Sarah Jessica Parker represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.