Designers » R S » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Twilight Sarah Jessica Parker for women

Twilight Sarah Jessica Parker for women
dislike

smoky
Twilight Sarah Jessica Parker for women Pictures Twilight Sarah Jessica Parker for women Pictures Twilight Sarah Jessica Parker for women Pictures Twilight Sarah Jessica Parker for women Pictures Twilight Sarah Jessica Parker for women Pictures

Twilight is a sexy, musk fragrance which reminds of sweet moments of intimacy and closeness. The perfume was created by Laurent Le Guernec and Clement Gavarry of IFF, and composed of bergamot, galbanum, mandarin and pink pepper in top. Heart pulsates in a rhythm of peony and jasmine, while base incorporates amber, sandalwood, incense and musk.

Flacon collection is created in the same form, with floral pattern in various colours. Design of flacons and outer cartons was made by Sarah Jessica Parker with Jon Dinapoli, using art work by fashion illustrator Sara Singh.The perfumes will be available in amount of 30 and 75 ml EDP with 200 ml perfumed body lotion.

Michael Thompson was in charge of advertising campaign, which will appear in a fashion magazine in March 2009. Photos of Sarah were taken at dawn, at noon and at twilight, recording emotional and intimate moments, special moments of her life, from early morning till late evening.

TV clip will be made in a similar way as posters, as a kaleidoscope of precious moments, announced for February 2009.

Bergamot Galbanum Mandarin Orange Pink Pepper

Peony Jasmine

Amber Sandalwood Incense Musk

Let It Rock
Toni Gard

Twilight Fragrance Reviews

greengrl
greengrl

What a great scent! The amber, incense & musk blend together so beautifully to offer a sexy, womanly scent. I can see why some may not like it, especially if you prefer something sweet or floral but it is worth giving it a try, maybe even a second one. I really like all 3 scents in the Lovely collection but lately this has been my favorite.

Pogomom
Pogomom

This was gifted to me by the wonderfully generous 2746cstreet. It starts out gently, soft, mild and comforting. But it really satisfies my amber fetish. I love that it is classic smelling, not trendy. Sexy and warm and fulfilling. Nice balance of woods, spice and a touch of floral. I wish it lasted a bit longer. I will wear it often, especially in the cooler months.

sheski
sheski

By the descrition I was expecting something a little more sophisticated, but it is kind of fun like a little girl trying to play sexy dress-up. It is too sweet and powdery on me to fit the key of main accords, I expected an evening fragrance, but it is more a daytime frivolous type. I like it but on me the 'main accords' are somewhat reversed.

Museumgal
Museumgal

Wonderful creamy woody scent. Warm with the amber and cozy for cooler months. Comforting like a soft cashmere sweater. Really beautiful and classic smelling.

ruxandra19
ruxandra19

A blind buy but a happy one! I am so pleasant with it! I didn't expect much at the time i bought it but when I received it and smell it I wasn't dissapointed at all! I t kinda reminds me of Mademoiselle of Nina Ricci and with a lower price ofcourse. A bit spicy but in a good way. I feel alive when I wear it, i feel sexy and shameless. The name fits this perfume, and it makes me feel like in a twilight walking in a super long and beautiful dress. I think the best season for it it's fall.
So this perfume really belongs to a lovely collection with a good price and a good achievement.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

I got Twilight out of love for galbanum, but this is far from a galbanum centric fragrance. It starts with a bit of woody pepper, quite dry and aromatic. From there, a bit of sweetness appears but the fragrance stays dry, pale and quiet. I think what I detect is a very clean, pale amber along with the dryness of galbanum. I’m accustomed to galbanum with LOTV or hyacinth (as in Fidji and Silences), which gives a cool, wet springy-ness that is lacking in Twilight; Twilight is more dry, woody and slightly powdery. The floral notes are not really detectable to my nose, and I am also not sensing the sandalwood or musk (2 of my favorites—but I am anosmic to most of SJP’s Lovely, so I’m wondering if I’m anosmic to some of this?). Twilight reminds me a bit of Ellen by Ellen Tracy, which is a lightly spicy floral oriental—Twilight has less spice and more galbanum, but both are powdery, inoffensive and light.

Sillage is very modest, longevity >5 hours but really only faintly detectable. I wish this fragrance just had MORE—more sillage, more depth, more character, more pronounced notes, more development. It is a wallflower fragrance, a background fragrance, a fragrance like neutral carpeting and generic mass produced artwork.

My first thought upon applying Twilight was, WHY IS THIS SO SWEET? I was expecting spicy, woody, smoky.
Give it a few seconds and Twilight does indeed become the three above mentioned things. The sweet amber is always present, but takes a backseat.
Final dryown is peppery, woody and just smoky enough that you won't smell like a camp fire. There is also a very mild floral undertone. I think it's the jasmine tempered by peony.
I do sense a slight bitterness from galbanum, but on my skin it's definitely not the strongest note. Twilight, on me, is all about amber.
I wonder if there is cedar in this as I definitely get a cedar chip vibe from this fragrance.
I find the drydown very unisex.

nightcat23
nightcat23

This is a nice woody oriental. To me it smells like a lighter much easier to wear version of Calvin Klein's Obsession for women. This is lightly spicy, musky and warm and woody. Quite nice. I was thinking about buying Obsession but once I smelt this I knew this would be the more versatile option.

Obsession is much heavier, mustier, deep spicy and should be applied lightly. But this still retains all the qualities of Obsession that I love but in a lighter simpler way. Initially this starts off somewhat masculine smelling but after several minutes on my skin, Twilight softens and becomes more feminine, warm, cozy but still slightly spicy. This is perfect for Fall and Winter. Bottle and packaging make it look more expensive than it actually is. I picked up a 75ml for only $20.

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

To me, as others have mentioned, SJP's "Twilight" smells a lot like Jessica Simpson's "Fancy Nights". While I am still not sure whether I like Fancy Nights, I think I do really like Twilight. The major difference is that Twilight is missing the patchouli. The patchouli is pretty strong in Fancy Nights and takes a while to settle down, while Twilight is pretty mellow from the get go.

Twilight is slightly spicy, powdery, and smokey on me. It is definitely a musky scent, very linear, but I find it enjoyable. I am not sure that I would like wearing it in the summer, it might be a little heavy, but I think it is a good day scent for winter so far. Not my favorite, but definitely better than a few of the other scents I have tried lately - partially because this one smelled a lot like I expected it to. If the lasting power was a little better I might enjoy Twilight more, but at least it isn't overpowering.

b@by
b@by

Nice non-descript weak fragrance. I would probably get better "sillage" from washing my hands with a liquid soap at a public mall restroom.

pamelamorgan
pamelamorgan

wow, got this cheap and on first whiff i was like oh no, time to wash it off but as i was home alone i left it on to see how it would develop. glad i did, initial hit is very strong cologne, bergamot, pepper and smoky incence but dry down is much sweeter and warming, musk, jasmin, amber but mostly vanilla. I actually think i will get a lot of day wear from this. cant stop sniffing now. do not be put off by initial smell

CitiBelle
CitiBelle

This is my favourite of the sjp trio lovely collection,
I like almost everything about it and would happily use it a lot, Especially given its very moderate pric but its never going to set the world on fire. For me its a fall/winter fragrance, spicy wood smoke with floral undertones.

twilight1234
twilight1234

I think this is the nicest of the trio of Sarah Jessica Parker twilight, dawn and endless. The nicest of a trio are often on my list of faves, so I think this is no.3 after Espcially Escada and Vera Wang Preppy Princess.

When I first smelt this I was at an airport. Then I went into the perfume shop, and I smelt this. Then I was speechless, half because it was so cool and half angry with myself for not trying it yet.

Longvenity: 5/10
Total: 15/20
I really like this one!!

Aspendina
Aspendina

Ok since a friend said this smelt smokey and I saw it had an incense note in it which I hate I was scared of this. When I received it I was looking at the box and it says "The Lovely Collection" so being scared I was gonna hate it and it was gonna smell like a burn down house I kept repeating "The lovely collection, the lovely collection" hoping to cancel out my fears and thought. I sprayed a paper towel first and thought "hmmm not bad" so I sprayed my arm.....still not bad. This scent is not "me" but it smells VERY high end, like something u would pay $100+ for. Maybe like a Guerlian or something. It TO ME, has a kinda of Old Hollywood smell to it. I get a vision of Old Hollywood and Old Hollywood actresses, acting all glamorous. It does have a lovely smell to it, but at the same time a slight older lady smell. it's nice but not me. Ugly box and ugly bottle they could've but more thought into the beauty of the bottle but oh well. Thankfully I do not detect any incense note. :-)

Jellybean
Jellybean

Musky floral....okay, nothing special
It has a slight similarity with Lovely: spicy-herbal component, however this one is mainly MUSKY-floral-sweet. I find it a bit cloying and cheap smelling.
Longevity is poor 1-2 hours and it's gone with the wind. I don't find it worth the price, 20 bucks maybe that.

BettieMae
BettieMae

Really liked the packaging for this perfume . The watercolours and simple bottle design evoked a sense of understated elegance and class. This reflects in the perfume too.
''Twilight'', is slightly spicey , sweet and woody all at once. It's a perfect scent for either day or night. This is definately a fall or winter perfume and only buy if you have a weakness for musky and amber scents.
This perfume reminded me a lot of Halle Berry's ''Halle'', except a little bit more sophistacated.
A downfall to this perfume is the longetivity. It only lasts an hour or two and a top up is required.
Despite this, iam curious as to how the others smell, especially '' Dawn ''.

TillyWave
TillyWave

This really should be a "Covet" flanker because it definetely has its bone structure. Definetely a musk with rounded corners and a dusting of dark chocolate, however it has a much quieter character.

Musk is definetely the name of the game for Twilight, which I like. The top is a sweet musk, the heart is a floral musk, and the base is a dusty chocolate musk, which alternately smells richly vanilla. Is it smoky white chocolate? Well whatever it is it's good.

Mixed in are slight hints of smoke and insence that are very discreet. I actually bought this because I was hoping for a smoky rich perfume, so I wish all that was stronger, but its okay.

I like this because it is the definition of a skin scent musk. It's pleasantly sweet and simple--it is not strong, won't challenge anyone, and is good for anything done in cooler weather. When wearing Twiight, it becomes part of your own scent, and that's what I like most about it.

Slight sillage, good longevity, and priced reasonably.

takeasniff

When I first spray this it has the same sort of musk that Deseo by Jennifer Lopez has and also Jessica Simpson Fancy Nights and even a little Moschino Couture. They don't all dry down the same and are of different qualities but that pink musk lollie smell is there. I like it so I guess that's why I have all of the above mentioned perfumes but I wasn't sure what the smell was that attracted me to them and I think it is the musky sweet smell but not in a cupcake or overbearing vanilla way just a suttle sweet musk. Covet is different to this when you smell the two side by side but I do see the similarities. If you are unsure about Covet I would try this one.

QUEENIE0001
QUEENIE0001

is it me but this perfume smells exactly like Covet to me...

takeasniff

I tested this on my lunch break the other day. For some reason I had avoided them because the packaging was not appealing to me. This smelled of musk almost musk lollies like the musk in Jessica Simpsons Fancy Night. It then converted to a milder form of Covet with the spiceyness. Having said that, I do like it and I would wear it. I didn't buy it because I want to wait a little while I can't always blow money on perfume. When I can I will try a little bottle. I like the musky tone to it the same way I like the musky tone in Fancy Night it's nice and adds a little warmth sweetness to the perfume so it's not just spicey.

karenprattis
karenprattis

Got a bottle today, at first I thought too strong but I have falling in love with the Jasmin. It has lasted all day, good value for money. I have only recently noticed it the shops and it caught my eye. So glad it did. Another fav to add to the collection.

cinsot
cinsot

This may sound a little odd, but Twilight by SJP reminds me of my Dad! There is a distinct blokey cologne aroma to Twilight on my skin. I love it.

This is my second bottle of SJP's Twilight, I gave away my first bottle after only one wear. It did not work for me in Summer unfortunately.

A wintertime favourite now. When I close my eyes I can see my seventies-fashion-statement father in his purple velvet flairs and tan leather platform boots. I adore this image.

The cuddly woody aroma lingers all day making me smile.

So far I didn't like any SJP fragrance. This one isn't interesting for me either. It's too drugstore like, too strong and has a bad staying power. Easy to forget and replaceable by many other drugstore scents.

ticalica
ticalica

This is wierd... When i smell it off the bottle, all i get is black pepper... Then when sprayed from a distance, all i get is unsweetened Coca-Cola

I love SJP's lovely, covet pure bloom and endless. I really wanted to like it because people over here spoke very fondly of it while being reasonably priced...

hmmm....

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

I am puzzled because on me this smells mostly like woody coconut and quite a bit of musk. The opening is actually interesting - warm, woody, spicy and musky at the same time. It is not bad, has an interesting oriental twist (defnitely not fresh and definitely not fruity). The problem is that not long after I spray it the scent is reduced to mainly musk which is kind of dull and flat. The base is vanilla-ish/coconutty, not terribly interesting but not terribly bad either. It is very similar to Coral Flower (Lolita Lempicka) but stronger.

Some reviewers have compared this perfume to Kenzo Amour and Dior Addict. I don't think they are very similar. Both Amour and Addict are extremely sweet with lots of vanilla. This is a bit more complex, definitely more woody and more musky. Amour is quite dry, light and powdery whereas this one has more body and is kind of creamy, even oily. I don't think this is a strong perfume, but it is heavy/oily. I thought "condensed milk" when I first applied it.

As much as I tried to like this enough so I can wear it (seeing how I got a big bottle of it, God knows why), my final opinion is that this perfume lacks liveliness and vitality. Although it has potential, it ends up stale and musty and I can't wear it even in winter.

lizzie81
lizzie81

Love this for when i want something that smells warm and spicy. Its incensy heaven coupled with amber and sandalwood. I don't get any florals with this one and i wouldn't call it at all fresh or fruity smelling. Lasts ages and makes an excellent base if you fancy a bit of mixing it up with other fumes! I think it could be worn any time but i particularly love it for the summer, perhaps a warm summer evening! Love it, just my kind of fragrance :0)

xoxdarkstarrxox
xoxdarkstarrxox

This is my first Sarah Jessica Parker scent. I bought the 100 ml EDP of this scent because it was on sale.

I wasn't crazy about the bottle; I really didn't find it anything special to look at. Of course, that's not the most important thing, but I do like my perfumes to be in a pretty package.

I tried it on, and the more I smell it, the more I seem to like it. The muskiness is very sexy, and the sweet peony and fruity smells feel very feminine. It really does smell sweet and saucy at the same time. I cannot stop smelling myself when I wear this perfume!

Definitely worth it for the price. I will be getting much use out of this bottle.

viewdemonde
viewdemonde

Very unusual with lots of personality. Perfect for evening.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Very mature fragrance, probably the prettiest of the three of Lovely Collection.
Twilight is soft to my nose, I do not get a blast of galbanum, it is actually a quiet whisper rather than a loud statement. I can detect jasmine, wood, musk which are the most prominent notes. The incense adds a bit of warmth to the fragrance.
To me - it has the best staying power of the three and seem to appeal to my taste a great deal :-)
Practical, modest bottle with a Lovely :-) cap.
Worth trying - good job, Sarah's noses!

ruxxy
ruxxy

All I sense is galbanum+amber, something like the smell of freshly boiled, steamy pasta - powdery and a little sweet.

If you wanna have an olfactive image of galbanum, I think you should try this!

SenecaWhite
SenecaWhite

This smells very smoky and woodsy as the insense note is very strong. Don't hate it but it's not for me. I don't want to smell like I just left a smoke shop.

barbiot35
barbiot35

I smell predominantly a coconut and cinnamon mixture in this perfume...
Hot spicy notes makes it a warm(...or hot suits better) and a li'l masculine fragrance...
Twilight reminds me Pi by Givenchy...
(Yes all the three components of the serie are reminding me another perfume)
For scent and for longevity average of the serie IMO...

zumrut
zumrut

I don't find SJP perfumes successful.I tried covet pure bloom,lovely and twillight and i loved none of them.

sweet_amour
sweet_amour

Twilight to me smells like dusky evening breeze that carries the smell of near by Jasmine flowers, dry summer grass, green leaves and woody tree bark mixed with a sweet burning lavender incense smell..

It is both very beautiful but very subtle and on the skin smells elegant and delicate. Twilight is sensual in a mysterious and intrigueing way and creates a sense of calm (much like the twilight time of day itself).

The top notes of orange and bergamont are not at all sharp citrus, but a soft, creamy citrus blended with sweet spices. The middle notes give the fragrance a romantic floral edge and the base notes form a warm, woody finish.

I would imagine this fragrance as walking through a field at dusk, close beside the one you love, watching the sun go down and the stars come out. It is a very beautiful fragrance.

royallprincess
royallprincess

I enjoyed this one the most because the heart notes remind me of one of my faves, Kenzo Amour, but without the sourness. I was not impressed with the other two. Dawn smells like citrus dish soap and Endless like a lovely shampoo, but shampoo nonetheless.

ParfumOui
ParfumOui

I smelled a sample of all 3 SJP Lovely fragrances and love this one the most. I can't wait to purchase it.

iMaverick
iMaverick

This scent reminds me a lot of Dior's Addict, though much less overt. Much less vanilla involved in this scent. I really like this one!

swedeangel
swedeangel

Quite nice,but very ordinary , like a musk i smelled before.Little oldfashioned,almost dusty.
A dissapointment for me who loves sjp.

guest_Debbie
guest_Debbie

I love Twilight, first time I tried it I was captured. I find it very sexy, alluring. I have been having difficulty finding Twilight in some stores. I am hoping that it comes out again as I would be a life time buyer of Twilight.

Twilight is my favourite fragrance out of the three in the Lovely Collection. Surprisingly, many people preferred Endless and Dawn.

I liked Twilight, because unlike the other two scents, this fragrance was bursting with vitality and character. The opening is a nice blend of citruses and spicyness from the pink pepper and galbanum notes. These top notes alone are daring and unique.

The heart of this fragrance isn't as unique, yet the jasmine and peony, although safe choices, are highly effective and pleasantly combined.

I like the choice of the incense note in the drydown which gives Twilight a smokey and powdery like quality.

Unfortunately the lasting power is weak, but despite that this fragrance is still the best choice out of the three.

guest_mar
guest_mar

personally find it tooo strong and sharp! my least favourite among the 3. tried once and forgotten...(i was toooo busy getting excited over Dawn..;))

guest_Beckieeee!
guest_Beckieeee!

i have small samples for all three of them and i think that "Twilight" is really nice and i would probably buy it :) the other two are nice but a little bit strong :D

krishka
krishka

too strong, heavy and old..it was like a kick in the head...one of the most unpleasant perfumes i have ever tryed...

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

This is my least favourite of this trio of perfumes and I thought it was bland and boring. My favourite is Dawn, which I was surprised by because it smells gorgeous and I really wasn't expecting it to be so nice. Endless is also quite nice but a definite runner-up to Dawn. Twilight, however, is BORING!

Sterling Maiden
Sterling Maiden

The trio of perfumes from SJP, The Lovely Collection, has just been released in stores and I recently tried all three. This was my favorite.

I kept thinking it smelled very familiar, and then it came to me - this is a watered down, simpler version of Bulgari Jasmin Noir. Less refined, less expensive, but still lovely. Since I already have Jasmin Noir, this isn't something I would buy. But if you're looking for a lighter Jasmin scent, and one that is infused with incense but not dripping heavy with it, this may be just the ticket.

sharyssa
sharyssa

This IS the best of the 3. It is warm and delicate and smells like a fall fragrance! I want it!

star10
star10

dawn gotta be my loved one as it's floral green,but I like twilight more.
when I tested these three perfumes,I found out this is the one for me.very sexy,a bit spicy and so much alive.
it's the sexiest one.
unfortunately the papers over there I had tested the perfumes were mixed together.so after about 3 hours the smells were blended while they were in my suitcase and I had forgotten to write the name.but the spicy notes helped me to recognize this one among dawn and endless which were similar after the first hours.

Twilight by Sarah Jessica Parker 3.38 out of 5 based on 183 ratings and 47 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Sarah Jessica Parker Twilight fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Sarah Jessica Parker Twilight, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Twilight by Sarah Jessica Parker. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Twilight by Sarah Jessica Parker represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.