Designers » R S » Floral Fruity « Groups

Empress Sean John for women

Empress Sean John for women
dislike

tropical

Sean "Diddy" Combs launches a new women's perfume under his Sean John fragrance collection in 2011. Empress is the female equivalent of the I Am King fragrance from 2008.

„I created Empress for the woman who is powerful beyond all others. She is greater than a queen; she is the ruler of her universe", said Sean to wwd.

Created by IFF perfumers, Empress is designed as a crisp floral scent. The top notes are key lime pie accord, mandarin, star fruit and cranberry. The heart consists of raspberry, peony, passion flower, cardamom and ambrette seed, followed by notes of vanilla, sandalwood, crystallized caramel and second skin accord in the base.

The fragrance is available as 50 and 100 ml EDP and 200 ml scented body lotion.

Lime Mandarin Orange Carambola (Star Fruit) Cranberry

Cardamom Ambrette (Musk Mallow) Peony Passion Flower Raspberry

Musk Sandalwood Vanille Caramel

I Am King

Empress Fragrance Reviews

greengrl
greengrl

I wasn't sure what to expect with this fragrance. I picked it up for such a good price that I couldn't resist. It starts off very strongly with lime. You can also picked up on the mandarin. Once it starts to settle, the berries come in and sweeten and the sandelwood softens the citrusy notes.

I agree with those who say it smells a little masculine but only during the initial stage. It's a good day time fragrance for those looking for a fruity scent.

amy1983
amy1983

This perfume makes me think of Italy,for some reason. I think it's the lime and the starfruit. I do smell lime,but it's a zesty lime,not key lime pie,like others have stated. This smells like mens' soap.
This is not overly feminine. It's quite dry and woodsy. The bottle is quite regal-looking,too,though I'm not sure what an Empress is supposed to smell like.
This is what I thought K&L's Unbreakable Bond was going to smell like. I like this much better.
This is a pleasant scent,and very affordable.

weegee
weegee

Cranberries, limes, caramels and sandalwood are an unlikely combination but... they're the stars in this production and together they're GORGEOUS! Sweet & tangy-tart. Absolutely delicious. (Reminds me bit of B. Spears' Believe, another lime/caramel treat but there the savory is patchouli and here it's sandalwood.)

I, too, found a 1oz bottle for next to nothing and I'd buy a bigger one if only it lasted more than an hour on my skin. Still, truly enjoyable after an evening shower to enjoy while reading just before sleep. By morning it's gone, leaving the stage free for your fragrance of choice that day.

purrz11
purrz11

A nice, inoffensive lime & sandalwood perfume. The drydown is a little sour. In truth it bores me but I don't hate it. Lasting power- about 3 hours. Low sillage.

Tamelimul
Tamelimul

I sampled this at Kohls & really liked it. It wasn't like a "wow" scent, but I thought it was nice & the bottle is pretty as well. Good for everyday wear, like to work, and wouldn't be offensive. This is what I wanted the Hilary Duff With Love to be like.. Which I would gladly swap,if someone is interested! But, I wouldn't say this is a quality scent & I wouldn't pay full price for it!

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

Bought this for next to nothing on clearance at Kohl's, couldn't pass up a good bargain. I don't hate this fragrance at all. To me it really smelled like sugared citrus - I didn't think the lime was too harsh, prominent though it was. Empress is linear and straightforward, what you smell at first is really what you get. I don't get masculine or unisex at all, but this isn't super feminine either... kind of hard to nail down. I will agree that the name doesn't suit the fragrance - a perfume called Empress should exude class and sophistication, should be smooth and confident without being too loud or in your face. Sean John's Empress is not these things - "she" is not exactly an imposter, but a pretender to the throne, maybe. I can wear it, and I am sure I will when the mood strikes, but it will most likely never find its way to my deepest affections.

I always review fragrances with an open mind. I might not be a fan of Sean John, (Sean Combs, P. Diddy, Puff Daddy etc), however when I was handed a free sample of Empress, I promised myself that I would test it with all previous opinions aside. I like lime as a note, so I was actually looking forward to my first testing.

Unfortunately, Empress smells quite unappealing on my skin. All those fruit notes, when blended together, smell distracting and synthetic. Forget the dominant note of lime, and picture fruit salad with a dash of cloying vanilla and sandalwood shavings.

In its early stages, Empress was repulsive both on my skin and on a piece of card. This fragrance's biggest mistake was bringing together an array of potent fruit notes, like raspberry, cranberry, star fruit and lime, and thinking that they could work well together. The strong floral accords in the heart only made matters worse. The peony mixed with passion flower and cardamom, is really not my cup of tea.

The drydown was thankfully more subtle, however it had an odd 'play-doh' scent, mostly due to the thick vanilla note. Had I not been an honest reviewer, that believes in experiencing a fragrance through all its stages, I would have scrubbed this fragrance off the second I applied it to my skin.

Empress resulted in a bad headache and a thorough scrub in the shower. Take my word of advice, Unforgivable for Women is a much better fragrance.

RadicalFace
RadicalFace

Too bad that a perfume named Empress smells like this. I was truly disappointed. I don't know what I was expecting but with a name like that I simply found it unfitting.
Also, I was very glad that it wears quickly b/c it's just not to my tastes. It really smells like a kitchen cleaner. A very nice one, but still nonetheless, a kitchen cleaner without over amounts of harsh cleanser.
It's not my cup of tea, but it does have the zingy lemon scent to it. Try it first.
I bought it blind and although it was 20 bucks, I'd rather have the 20 dollars I spent for it in my purse instead of a bottle of this. Sorry no offense to those who enjoy.
Xoxo

starvega
starvega

Wore a sample of this today... to me it is a masculine smell, overlaid with a bit of a citrus zing. Disappears almost immediately after applying. Nothing pleasant in there at all, that I could notice.

talk0
talk0

it is that thing a women has when all eyes are drawn to her
it is when a women has an undefinable thing called it
it is what every women can be
it is now
it is me
it is you
it is Empress by Sean John for Women

my Now, my Future, and my Forever.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I sampled this yesterday and to my surprise liked it quite a bit. Perhaps I should say that I wasn't impressed with Sean John's any other offerings for women so this was a pleasant surprise. Bottle, while nice looking, is rather masculine so I guess I was expecting something more masculine as well. It really isn't. I sprayed one pump on my hand and thought it was rather citrusy. After about a minute, zesty note went away and I was hit with key lime pie. Mmmm, nice. At that point, I was really liking it. It continued to develop into sweet lime pie scent with some caramel at the base notes.
I would have never guessed that this has so many floral notes because it doesn't smell floral at all, neither I don't get anything remotely masculine about this scent, unlike other reviewers. I also don't see this as unisex scent all
Key Lime pie with some cream and mandarins on top is what I get. Lasting power was about an hour so I will have to sample it again to see whether the lasting power improves.

Aspendina
Aspendina

wanted to love this so much but kinda came off smelling a little like a household cleaner :-( but I still think Sean John makes great scents.

danimcneil
danimcneil

I am a bit perplexed with empress. Its very unique! I can see the connection with cool water for women and with a "mens cologne". I would never guess a celebrity would put something out like this. It fresh, zingy, masculine, feminine, and so much more. I DO NOT like masculine scents on myself, yet i find myself craving a bottle of empress...maybe at a good price:) very well done!

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

Didn't wanna like this - since I'm not a fan of Puffy - but it's nice. I get the citrus, wood, and powder notes.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

I sniffed this from the bottle and sprayed it on paper. To me, it's very cologne like and extremely musky.

LunaPearl
LunaPearl

The scent is not what I expected. I imagined Empress to smell dynamic and diva-like, but suprisingly encountered a sweet orange, citrus fragrance with a dry down that smelled remarkably similar to Davidoff's Cool Water for women.

Its effervescent fragrance smells like something you would wear to a beach party.

smellgoodhallie
smellgoodhallie

I am obsessed with I AM KING & Unforgivable. I just saw an advertisment for this & had no idea he was releasing a new fragrance. I need to smell this ASAP

sweetgirl
sweetgirl

clean, woody , manly dry scent...seems very unisex maybe...ill pass

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

Smelled this at Macy's today and it smells just like I AM KING by Sean John. I dunno if that means I Am King is really femminine or Empress is really masculine. It smelles like a tad lemony or orangeish like I AM KING. Both are sweet citrus scents. Putting them both on 1 arm I don't think I could really tell the difference

Empress by Sean John 3.40 out of 5 based on 61 ratings and 19 user reviews

drugstore.com
Gift Set
Sean John Empress Women's Gift Set, 1 ea
Sean John Empress Women's Gift Set, 1 ea

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Sean John Empress fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Sean John Empress, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Empress by Sean John. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Empress by Sean John represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.