Designers » R S » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

dislike

I have it: 575 I had it: 249 I want it: 232 My signature: 13

Unforgivable Sean John for men Videos
Unforgivable Sean John for men Pictures Unforgivable Sean John for men Pictures

Unforgivable by Sean John is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men. Unforgivable was launched in 2006. Unforgivable was created by David Apel, Pierre Negrin, Aurelien Guichard and Caroline Sabas. Top notes are birch leaf, green mandarin, tangerine, juniper, basil, bergamot, grapefruit and sicilian lemon; middle notes are iris, lavender and clary sage; base notes are tonka bean, amber, australian sandalwood, rum and cashmere wood. This perfume is the winner of award FiFi Award Fragrance Of The Year Men`s Luxe 2007.

Birch Leaf Green Mandarin Tangerine Juniper Basil Bergamot Grapefruit Sicilian Lemon

iris Lavender Clary Sage

Wall Street

Unforgivable Fragrance Reviews

briannyc94
briannyc94

Remember my dad having the original bottle of this stiff around 2007 and I recently purchased a 2.5 ounce from fragrancenet. If u buy this now, be careful because sean john fragrances are not with estee lauder anymore as they signed with jacavi beauty group. Unforgivable still smells nice but the quality isn't there anymore and even the presentation is little different. Still is a great cologne but you have to go heavy on the trigger.

King Faiz
King Faiz

Was previously signature scent!
Great dark scent reminds my friends of watermelons they said it as a compliment, wore it too high school prom, perfect occasion in my opinion great for formal dinners.

Scent 9
projects for 2-3 hours then turns into skin scent
Longevity 4-6 hours

Overall great mysterious scent.

m1156943
m1156943

Just bought this at Perfumania it's back! Smells the same

db602colognefan
db602colognefan

I have an original bottle from 06,2.5 oz..I also just recently found a 4.2 oz bottle of the older version also..it was discontinued for a couple years but has been reformulated and is a softer version compared to what it used to be.the older version should say SeanJohnFragrances Dist.on the bottom label..& I believe the newer bottle says something different..I noticed a few months back that no stores had a bottle.ebay was very pricey,& now ther is the reformulated bottles everywhere for cheap..lol..I also have Creed Millisime Imperial, does smell similar but the Creed has a slightly sweeter ingredient.n stronger projection for sure..stick with the older version of Unforgivable if you can find it!..

thiefofnoses
thiefofnoses

Sean John Unforgivable is a strange one. Starts off with an odd bitter-herbal-dank citrus accord that isn't like anything else I've smelled before (I haven't tried Millesime Imperial so can't make a comparison) My significant other said that it smells "weird" and "sort of like hotel rooms or airports or something." I think I know what she means: a couple of other reviews have mentioned that it's good for hiding body odour and if I were to pinpoint it, I'd say Unforgivable has a 'bitter musk' thing going on. As time goes by a little salt emerges and the sage and lavender grow stronger, but it's quite linear throughout.

Unforgivable is quite a strong, bold fragrance for someone who wants to peacock and compete with all the other scents in a clubbing environment. I'd rearrange the 'Main Accords' above and place herbal, aromatic, bitter and sweet (yes, I know that's very contrary!) all higher than the citrus accord.

Sean John Unforgivable is an interesting fragrance, but do I like it? I'm not really sure...

kllex7
kllex7

When i first smell this fragrance during the initial launch. I was amaze how sexy and dark is this fragrance! The smell is soo amazing, giving u the scent of a lady killer. I immediately purchase this, and use it as a night fragrance.Good for a date or hooking up with your girls. A very potential clubbing scent, but im left disappointed with the projection if compare to 1million, Spicebomb, Le Male, Versace Eros...this scent just couldnt make it to the higher energy ground. But for a date/hook up or casual night drinking. u nailed it!

Sillage: B- A nice burst of citrus,watermelon, champagneat the opening, then kinda weak thereafter but the dry down is nice too
Longevity: B Kinda stick to my skin after 3-4hrs or so
Compliment: A- Like i said, a lady killer. Chick dig it especially at night.
Value: B- Quite pricey for celebrity fragrance. But hey, it smells sexily great!

dmirror
dmirror

This is the shizznitz! I haven't smelled this in a few years or longer I know I smelled it and really liked it but for some reason I didn't buy it what a mistake its one of the best scents out so fresh so clean actually I just thought about it I was going to buy it but I waited until it was too late I thought they discontinued it but I recently went on perfumania website and discovered they have it back in stock they didn't have it for a couple of years after they sold out so now I finally own it and its great 10/10 I haven't smelled it in so long this was basically a blind buy for me hopefully they never discontinue this scent or slow production again I'll be a regular purchaser of this fragrance its a keeper

jiujitsuhero
jiujitsuhero

Wow!i like this scent! this fragrance lasted all day for me. i didnt have to re-apply or anything.Its still going strong at this moment! I only had a little sample of CMI, but for the price that i got this at i will be buying more of this instead of CMI. Its a little bit more sweeter i think! Good Job Diddy!

Captain1ndr
Captain1ndr

I bought a sample of this fragrance. Overall it is OK. The longevity could be better. I wore it to work and barely smelled it on myself after 6 hours. After 11 hours of work I could smell it only at about 6inches from my skin. Definite skin scent. The sillage is good for my office environment. I agree with burgundyaltima that it smells like a copper penny. However, I would describe it as a roll of freshly minted copper pennies wrapped in soft woods then splashed with an amber, tonka bean, rum, & mandarin orange cocktail. The drydown is very decent once it gets there at about hour 3.

abdullah alshehri
abdullah alshehri

Wonderful aroma, excellent exhalation, fit for all times .

talk0

You live your life without abandon; full of passion, honesty and raw emotion. You're explosive and seductive all at once. Some say this live-out-loud lifestyle is unforgivable. So ... be unforgivable.

tothman
tothman

This is Bond no 9 Wall Street, just less concentrated. Funny thing is that it's from the same creator then Wall Street.

burgundyaltima

I get compliments everytime i wear this! very similar to Bond no 9 Wall Street or spicy verison of Creed Millisime Imperial ... smells like a dirty copper penny lol but in a good way! ladies love this...

mrmyers22
mrmyers22

One of my favorite all season scents. Very underrated in my opinion.

FloridaMom
FloridaMom

Bought this for my Husband, it smells fabulous. From a distance it smells aromatic, woodsy and refreshing, but up close you really get the Tonka bean and cashmere coming through, which is very sensual and sexy. I have to worry that this will attract random women to him, which says it is a great fragrance, lol.

neilvizuett
neilvizuett

I love this one. It´s one of those fragrances that fit my personality perfectly. It´s sexy, but not loud, seductive, mysterious, sweet but fresh. I was expecting a lot of "love"s, but I don´t see many in the graphics, I dont´understand why!

Juiceman 0331
Juiceman 0331

This cologne smells like a citrusy and sweet champagne!!!
I am glad that I purchased this cologne before they discontinued it. Now all you see online are double sometimes triple the retail price.

Goktug
Goktug

After reading all this reviews , willing to try but I don't think can find in Istanbul.

Eddie2082
Eddie2082

I had this and I still want to have it. I don't like Diddy but this is something else. Definitely a must try if you haven't. I've never met anyone who disliked it. Got lots of compliments.

zararbutt
zararbutt

After reading a lot of reveiews about the similarity between SJ Unforgivable and Creed MI, and due to a drastic difference of price tag I bought SJU so that i can have a taste of CMI. I liked it and than decided to go for a full 125 ML bottle of CMI. In my opinion both have almost the same vibe but SJU is on sweater side and also with half of the longevity.

seemon
seemon

My favorite fresh cologne. So sparkling. When I'm wearing it I feel so energized. It wakes me up, It's like mood enhancer :)

PerthTH
PerthTH

Adorable fragrance, smells weird at first but after 10 minutes, when it settled, a very good and attractive scent comes with great sillage and it lasts all day long. I receive compliments while wearing it. Bravo Sean John !!

burgundyaltima

I've owned both Creed Milliesime Imperial and Ed Hardy Love & Luck..IMHO Sean john unforgivable is the closest you will get to Creed MI.. the initial spray is off putting but once it settles it smells veryyyy similar to Creed.

michelweiss
michelweiss

This is great , stays long on my skin , nice bottle , great fragrance !!! Always get compliments .

edna maria de lima rocha
edna maria de lima rocha

BOM TENHO RECOMENDO ... ELE LEMBRA UM Pouco chefe Bottled Noite Masculino Eau de Toilette ... EU TENHO ESSE PRETO (MASCULINO) EO ROSA (feminino) .... EU AMOOO CHEIRO DE BOM HOMEM cheiroso ...

imjonatz
imjonatz

the first time i had it, it's unforgivably awesome, but after a several months, it smells unforgivably aweful.

bigrube22
bigrube22

Love this stuff but after 15-20 min after applying I can't smell it anymore smh too much money for the longevity

sexyboi123
sexyboi123

Tried some on my wrist at the store and the opening is very citrusy. It is a weak cologne however and the drydown smells sort of unpleasant.... Don't know what it is though...

vergil_s
vergil_s

A lot of people copmare this one whit creed millesime imperial.
in my opinion there is a similarities, but creed is fresher and has a salty note.
and because of iris it become a little powerdy.
but unforgivable is sweeter and has more fruity note and i think unforgivable is a bit heavy.
and quality and price in creed is really higher than this one.
but sean john unforgivable is a worthy frag and I really like it.
smell very sexy and charming.
good job.

اون قدر ها هم این عطر شبیه کرید میلسیم امپریال نیست.
میلسیم امپریال یه مقدار شوره و با رایحه گل زنبق یکم پودری میشه.
اما این عطر بیشتر شیرینه و میوه ای.
ولی نسبت به قیمتش واقعا عطر خوبیه و میارزه برا خرید.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Gee, another citrus. How totally unexpected. In a market glutted with citrus scents four noses join forces to produce... a citrus scent.

Not unforgivable - just unnecessary.

Murk123
Murk123

I love this, I use it mainly for weddings and special occasions. It is a strong dark scent which would get you noticed. I would say do not spray more than 4 sprays on your body because I went for 6 sprays on my suit and man my head was spinning in a hour or so. The way this smells I reckon this should be up there with Paco Rabanne One Million, Angel Men. Great fragrance which will not disappoint.

jeremy9213
jeremy9213

Simply awesome for everyday use, goes perfect with a white t-shirt and jeans. The downside (and sometimes an upside) is that it is close to the skin and could only be smelt when you are passing closely to someone.
On the other hand, I absolutely love getting a wiff of this when its on my arms and I am sitting there in class; the girls next to me must also smell this because I often get compliments that I "smell nice today", please girl, I smell nice everyday!

serch
serch

compre unforgivable a buen precio, me parece un aroma sexy, masculino ideal para primavera o el verano delicioso.

oats
oats

This one gives me that effervescent Vitamin C tablet vibe. Really off-putting. The fragrance this is compared to, Millesime Imperial is much smoother and more pleasant in my opinion.

aucffan1
aucffan1

It is not Millesime Imperial. There is a similarity.. It would maybe be a third cousin but not a direct family member..

I like it but it is not so cheap or smilar like a Cuba Paris that I would wear iot and think people would ask if I were wearing MI..

A little close but not cheap enough to be a pretender for me.. I just bought a fresh bottle of MI and will continue to use it.. I bought a 1.,0 oz bottle of this Sean John scent and will enjoy it for what it is.. A decent smelling nice scent.

7-10 stars.. I'll edit it to 8.5-10 if it last 4-5 hours.. It is very nice smelling..

rprovenz
rprovenz

Smells very good. Has anybody ever in their fragrance collecting years been told they smell synthetic or generic by the opposite sex??? I doubt it. You smell good or you don't.

nszlufik
nszlufik

Loooking at the other positive comments and the composition I would have expected something better. Maybe it was because I THOUGHT it was going to be much more similar to MI
So I went to Walmart and found a bottle of this.
As I sprayed the scent right out of the box I was distrubed by what seemed to me as a cloying sweetness - a scent that reminded me of CocaCola on sugaroids. Way too sweet. After having worn it a few times I will say it does smell quite nice with the drydown..it has a cool (not warm like DG the one or Allure Sport), semi-fruity (but definitley masculine) sweetness to it.
If there are any reasons that separate this from MI, its that this fragrance has 'Rum' and Sandalwood in its base and there is no Musk. One can definitley tell the Rum in the base.
Impulse buy. Nice scent, not for me. Give it a try!

sammyjames
sammyjames

This Fragrance reminds me of Earl Gray tea. I immediately get a wave of fresh bergamot, which I think is where this cologne gets it's power. It progresses to a boozy, very deep and manly cologne, but the bergamot remains throughout the life of it. Definitely a good fragrance for a young guy wanting to smell more deeper and more seductive then the other guys out there wearing light aquatic stuff.

Bobster
Bobster

Sean Jean's Unforgivable is definitely Unforgivable... Enough said.

talk0

Embodies the sophisticated, grand elegance and perfection of New York combined with a blend of nature’s vibrant essence.

This confident, clean, crisp fragrance is personal and never overwhelming It can take you from morning to evening, from a casual lunch to black tie affair.

Mindkung06
Mindkung06

I really like it! smells citrus, woody, rum it ok clean and very sexy! My friends want to hug me when I use this! longevity eventhough the weather is so hot!! it's good for spring. worth to buy >

kuba

MARYUM MALIK you can never debate between unforgivable man and euphoria man.its like comparing the size of the Sun(UNFORGIVABLE MAN) and that of Orange(EUPHORIA MAN).i have both of them but i use euphoria when i feel like not to wear a cologne but i wear unforgivable for special occassions and special reasons merely because i want to be classy and accepted

kuba

if you really want to draw peaple's attention,turn their heads,confidence and uprights compliments from both men and women then go for UNFORGIVABLE MAN.look here,awards are always go to right recipients so if you think this cologne got FIFI AWARDS FRAGRANCE OF THE YEAR MEN,S LUXE 2007 by chance you must be making a fool of yourself

maryum.malik
maryum.malik

hey, for guys who have experienced this perfume, i'm thinking of getting my guy friend a gift. he usually uses fierce by a&f and that lasts extremely long and smells amazing on him. i'm debating between euphoria men by ck and unforgivable men. i'm not sure which one would work better with his body chemistry though. can someone give me suggestions? thanks!!

willfcw
willfcw

When I first smell this frag, I quite love it because of it's soft but muscular scent. However, after wearing for couple of times, I discover it might not suitable for me. The main problems of this frag to me are projection and longevity even I have moisturized my skin with lotion before wearing it.

To me, this frag lasts on my skin around 1.5 to 2 hours only, even I have sprayed quite a lot (2 sprays on both my back necks + 2 sprays on my both wrists + 1 sprays on my chest, totally 9 sprays each time). It only projects well at the first 1.5 hours, then gradually dries down into a skin scent, very subtle, very deep, and others can only smell you in very very very close distance. After 2 hrs, nothing left and I have to respray, so sh*t & da*n!

This frag is best suitable for office or home uses, during summer days. For me, I would not use it for outdoor, clubbing, dinning out coz nothing special at all.

Considering the above issues, I think this frag is overrated and relatively expensive. Anyway, I would advise buy decants to try how is it react on your skin first. Actually, I wonder if anybody have the same issues as me....?

kuba

if you hate a fragrance merely because so many peaple wear it then you must be wishing to go astray.in fact many wear this fragrance because its a good fragrance.good smell,great projection and longevity.if you buy this then you wont regret,trust me

noirdrakkar
noirdrakkar

A lot of people compare this to Millesime Imperial. In my eyes, there are some similarities, but they are far apart. Unforgivable is much darker and heavier, intended to be more sensual and mysterious. MI had a lightness about it.

Unforgivable is not a bad scent though, but it is a little pricey for what you get. I think Love and Luck does a better job overall.

KeithScar
KeithScar

Unforgivable is a nice sexy warm fragrance. Perfect for wearing on a date or during a suit and tie event. It reminds me of a more sophisticated version of Ed Hardy's Love & Luck. This fragrance is very seductive and lasts for a long time

ebonyeyes
ebonyeyes

This perfume is absolutely amazing I just want to hug any man that has this own. Beautiful Job by P.DIDDY.

gabriel.acosta
gabriel.acosta

Your are unforgivable puff, this perfume is very very bad, if you wanna get a headache just wear this perfume.

shycosid
shycosid

good for important occations

yella_light
yella_light

Good fragrance. Diddy did an excellent job copying Millesime Imperial for a better price. A popular fragrance for people starting out, teens, and even older adults.
It does smell somewhat sensual and fresh.
I'm into fresh scents, but this isn't on the top of my list.
It can be blind bought though.
I'd prefer Love & Luck over this, because I already have Multi-Platinum and Millesime Imperial.
Although it smells similar to MI and Multi-Platinum, it's not as fresh nor does it lasts as long.
(3-4 sprays max)

Age group: 16+
Projection: 4 stars
Longevity: 3 stars
Versatility: 4.5 stars
Smell: 4.25 Stars
Overall: 4 stars

eldotjay123
eldotjay123

I think if you really want to experience this for all it's glory, you have to wear this in the heat!

It smells AMAZING and draws plenty compliments!

Really does smell like MI too, but obviously more synthetic and doesn't have the salty accord as much. In the heat however the synthetic-ness diminished upon application.

Brilliant frag

cathxinjin
cathxinjin

This perfume is so sexy. I want to have this smell on me even if this is a men fragrance. It is so seductive and insteresting.

dutchschwag
dutchschwag

A citrus woods powerhouse that seems better balanced and more measured than I Am King. Incredibly versatile, organic and pleasing. Unforgivable is a justifiably popular fragrance and deserves its stature as one of the biggest selling celebrity scents on the market.
Heavily inspired by Cool Water's hip-hop street cred twenty years ago, Puff Daddy recycles the same Davidoff idea of copying a higher-end Creed fragrance (Creed's Imperial Millesime) unfamiliar to most of the general public and reducing its price to more reachable heights for the general public to attain.
The citrus is present throughout, with an undercurrent of evolution from floral to woods that is quite subtle. The floral notes are hard to pick up over the citric dominance but as the wearer becomes more acquainted with Unforgivable, they will materialize.
Unforgivable does fade into a skin scent rather quickly, within an hour it bears down but doesn't completely fade and longevity is fairly acceptable, ranging from 4-6 hours.
Unforgivable starts off purely citric, with tangerine, mandarin, bergamot, lemon and grapefruit all coming together to create a rather organic and sour accord that never overwhelms and is adeptly balanced. The cashmere wood seems to be a Sean John trademark and does give it a refined and subtle touch when up against the sandalwood and citrus.
This is quite good in general, though rather linear, it is a nice and professionally made citrus blend that works perfectly as a signature everyday scent and work fragrance. Especially spring, summer and fall. Worth seeking out at discount prices, as this one generally makes the discounter rounds before Christmas and Father's Day because it is so popular.
Both of Sean John's mainstream releases don't take shortcuts in the ingredients, one of the few celebrity fragrances with integrity. Unforgivable is a very nicely done, above average scent that justifies its popularity.

Aspendina
Aspendina

I am a girl reviewing this....I bought this for myself and used it off and on for a few years I think it works for a girl and guy. My husband uses it now and I love it on him too, its such a great fragrance.

krice582
krice582

I great Fragance!!! Ive had this for a few years and would highly recommend this to someone building there collection. Very versitle. Get a lot of compilments from women on this one.

lyrical
lyrical

a sweet incencey kind of smell doesn't last very long on my husband definately noticable and has a come hither effect but not a panty dropper. It's nice but not an Oh My God kind of scent

JimTheGreat
JimTheGreat

Excellent scent all year round. average longevity and projection.

7.5/10

johngreenink
johngreenink

A friend sent me a sample of this and I have to say it was a nice surprise to smell it. I was expecting something really loud, harsh and (for some reason) smelling like Polo. Instead, it's much more aquatic. Now generally, I really dislike aquatic scents, but this one is very fresh. I don't think it's trying to hide the ozone or calone; there are elements that are unabashedly chemical in here, but it works in this case. Some of the other notes are also very distinct - particularly the birch bark (and if you've not smelled birch bark, you'd recognize this immediately if you do scratch a bit of that tree bark in your hands.) Also the juniper and mint are right up front.

This is definitely a younger man's scent - it has that vibe to it - a fougere that's been given a jolt of new juice to bring it into the modern age. But it also doesn't have the fustiness that some fougeres have. This is sharp and clean, in a good way. It lasts quite a while so only a few sprays are needed. In any event, I've learned not to judge a book by its cover. This is some good juice!

smellgoodhallie
smellgoodhallie

I bought this for my boyfriend because I loved how in high school I could smell a boy wearing it and I loved just how it smelled. This fragrance is nearly good with every body type because it changes but in a way thats special to you. He smelled so amazing and throughout the night he'd give me a hug and thats all i'd smell . I remember him smelling like this fragrance because it was the first he wore & the first I bought him. The I am king is sexy as well! that smells good on him too but sadly it doesn't last as long due to the citrus in it. I love sean john he really did impress me & everyone else i think. Usher can't even compare.

andy

its a nice sweet citrus blast and a bit armoatic and fresh but like many hip hop and celebrity scents it is a victim of it's own success and so many people have bathed in this stuff and turned peoples noses away from it so I would not reccomend this. Instead, try gucci envy, rocawear 9IX, claiborne sport, bellagio, fierce by A&F, true religion, archaic (at the buckle store) and you will be very pleasantly surprised

soleroc
soleroc

Where are some of you getting this "melon accord/note" from? I don't smell ANYTHING that even resembles a melon. Sorry. I know that each nose is its own, but melon? I don't smell any salt either. A lot of people say that this smells like Creed's MI. I just don't see it. AT ALL! This has a CRAZY, sharp citrus opening. It sometimes stings my nose. Don't get me wrong, this frag is nice and settles down nicely too; however, if it is true that Sean Combs designed this fragrance in the image of Millesime Imperial, then he has failed miserably! IMO of course. The only thing that bothers me about Unforgivable is that Diddy INSISTS on being in EVERY SINGLE AD!!!! Get over yourself PUFFY!!

jcastano
jcastano

It seems that many individuals out there like to automatically disregard a fragrance based on the "celebrity" or any other preconceived negative"label" they tend to place on these type of scents. Okay, it's Sean John, I get it....but the fragrance isn't all that bad. In fact, it's probably one of the best celebrity scents out there. Is it worth the hefty price tag? Absolutely not, but what fragrance is these days. However, I've seen local discount retailers price a 1.7 oz bottle from anywhere between $15-$30. In that regard, it's a wonderful cheapie. It's very modern and has an uncanny sexiness to it. Dare I say, it has it's own "swagger".

With that said, the notes in here are interesting. In the opening, I get a strong fruity, tart citrus over a very green birch leaf but all that is short lived because within seconds, that citrus, birch leaf becomes a bit salty (marine-like) with whiffs of spiced florals (only sage and lavender to my nose) taking account as well. The base uses pieces of all those elements and adds a rum accord and light amber. I don't get any woods at all nor tonka bean.

The overall scent is just a fresh, fruity, lightly spiced, boozy citrus, pseudo-aquatic. It works well dressed up or down, day or night, in any season. Longevity could be better, 3-6 hours. Projection is moderate but becomes a skin scent after 2 hours. Still, even with horrible longevity, I get compliments on this frequently. DO NOT over apply! It WILL get cloying and sharp and you'll end up really hating it.

For the record, The MI comparison is a bit accurate but more overstated than anything. I think "Puff" was most likely aiming for a similar scent to MI so those who do not have the funds to invest in a Creed can have a similar experience to the Creed legend. Did he succeed? Eh, somewhat. Unforgivable is a bit darker and spicier though, it's more of a clubbing, night out type of scent, while MI is brighter, fresher, and more of a spring/summer fling type of deal. I remain neutral in my rating because although I enjoy it, for some reason, I've always felt this scent is missing something. Every time I wear this, I feel that this fragrance lacks that OOMF factor......something big, something heavy, something I can't pinpoint for the life of me, but it's still sexy. I enjoy the top notes more than anything. If the top notes were the actual drydown, this would probably be in the top 5 in my collection.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Just a cruder, scratchier Millesime Imperial. You'd better like a chemical iris/melon reconstruction and synthetic ambergris to wear this, because it's loud. It's pretty linear, too. Guess it's a more cost-effective way of capitalizing on the effect of the hallmark Creed scent without spending the huge $$$.

ShawnHasani
ShawnHasani

I've been using this for the past few weeks and I do receive compliments with it. I guess people around me love citrus a lot! But, as some of the input said, the longevity and sillage is kinda weak. As much as some really hates it, Diddy managed to capture the mass, hence the award...

Overall not that bad, but could be awesome!

PK22
PK22

Occasion: Spring and Summer, daytime and nighttime, casual and formal.

Projection: 7/10
Uniqueness: 7/10
Versatility: 7/10
OVERALL: 34/50

flexiiii
flexiiii

i bought this as a blind buy its a beautiful fragrance but it smells just like usher in the drydown ur so if money is a problem u can easily buy usher.

sufix
sufix

This is really sexy, if you wanna attractive woman
this will do the job.

but the bad thing is the longevity its very poor
i wish if it have more longevity.

on my skin, the silage is very good for the first 3 hours, then comes in closer.

BRH
BRH

Wow, this stuff is sexy! It begins with the same fruity notes of I Am King, but they are less intense and more subdued. But the drydown is where this beautiful fragrance becomes amazing. The cashmere and rum/champaign notes blend to create an incredibly sexy base that is both silky smooth and effervescent.

I bought a small 30ml bottle on sale at Marshalls & I will definitely be ordering a large bottle of Unforgivable very soon. I've never smelled Creed's MI, but if it is similar to this, I definitely want it someday. Anyway, this receives tons of compliments & women really do love this scent (and I can see why). I'd easily recommend this one as a safe blind buy for a great sexy/date scent. You won't be sorry. Oh, also, the longevity & projection is much better on Unforgivable than Sean Jean's other scent, I Am King (but both are really above average, outstanding fragrances).

twlahue
twlahue

I got it at TJMAXX for $15 for 1 ounce...
took it back,
it smells like "masculine watermelons"-
i know that sounds as weird as it smells-

no thanks...

andy

I used this back in the day when it first came out and it definately smelled nice, but I would have to say that it does not smell all that different from all the other scents and it has a pretty high price still. At 30.00 an ounce, I think it is a bit overpriced and it really does not work with most skins which is why some people talk about it being STRONG and others say it does not last.

Overall, it has a nice smell and so do a lot of scents

ronnie g
ronnie g

smells so good ,but doesnt last to long.I layer this with Creed m.i.. its so good.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

The lemon and grapefruit must go. They ruin every fragrance.
I'm literally inspired to try remaking every fragrance grapefruit/lemon fragrance without the two notes. This composition could have been something beautiful.

I'm on a personal journey to try every Sean John fragrance to find one I like. So far, Unforgivable and I Am King have proven disappointing. Hopefully these extra editions might be fruitful.

That aside, good for office in spring.

RIVI1969
RIVI1969

To create Unforgivable Sean John hired nothing less than David Apel, specialist in rip-off Creed perfumes for Bond No. 9 (including Wall Street) so the sinister stories about Unforgivable being a Millesime Imperial clone are entirely justified. Regardless, and even though I am a fan of Creed I must admit that Unforgivable is exquisite and certainly the best perfume created by a celebrity. For those seeking smell like Millesime Imperial for half the price tag, here is the choice.

knightlore
knightlore

I love this scent, you can really smell the bergamot after applying, just love it!

This one starts out very strong and unforgivable. It's perfect or hiding your own body odor. Then as it weaken or evolve, the scent is soft sweet musky with a clean woody tone; very very similar to Lanvin L'Homme. The top is a little too much but the base is soft and sexy. I find this fragrance to be not as well polished as others from Sean John line.

italian_drummer
italian_drummer

An incredible fragrance which fails on not last long.
Unforgivable opens with citruses notes and a delicious mix of rum and champagne. This combination creates a very sexy fragrance, not too young neither mature, but a real balance between both.
As I said before, what is unforgivable about Unforgivable is its poor longevity which is around 4 or 5 hours.
My final score: 9.25/10.

cybergoth
cybergoth

I bought it today and its just lovely a nice smell best to wear in the cold or at night

AquaCitrus
AquaCitrus

The main reason I got this was the whole "smells like Millesime Imperiale by Creed" situation! It is actually quite good but I tired of it quickly and don't think I'll buy it again. Smells fab for the 1st couple of months and then boring! Does not last at all.

periquito89
periquito89

Could be more. But even if so, wouldn't be unforgivable. What I get is a pretty decent (in my point of view) casual scent, with mediocre longevity and nonexistent sillage. Starts fresh and promising, but quickly turns to a caracteristic citric smell (orange, tangerine, grapefruit), just a fraction of what I get from Moschino Friends, but not bad at all. Then settles down to a familiar (lavender, probably) and clean smell, and if you smell very closely to the skin, can get the rum note. Not bad too. Although has ridiculous longevity and sillage, it is one of my liking, a good change to my senses which are used to Tommy, Zegna, Polo Blue and others.

costaleo
costaleo

A total disappointment! Lasts 1 h on my skin. I don't like the scent anyway, so on a second thought it could be a blessing.

kevinski
kevinski

I was so excited wen my baby bought me this but then that excitement turned into disappointment the day I splashed it on. It smells great and all but it just doesn't last. Bummer! P. Diddy u let me down man.

Wow, you guys are a tough audience! I have never smelled any scent by Creed other than Green Irish Tweed, so I cannot say whether or not it resmbles MI. Many of the comments came from a time around its release, it may be passe now but I never wore it or knew anyone who did so I am not tired of it and to me it is quite wonderful...

This scent exudes SEXY to me. The citrusy opening is powerful and sweet-juicy, the juniper and basil round out its freshness so it's not too citric while the birch bark imparts an almost silvery essence, making it slightly mysterious. The heartnotes(beautiful iris,warm lavender and bright clary sage)smooth this opening out and make it even sexier(if that is possible).The base dries down to a warm (tonka-amber)woody(sandal-cashmere)elegant sweetness,
that only gets better with the body's own heat...

Sillage: average
Longevity: decent
Overall: 3.5/5

This may be a department store fragrance to some, but not all of can afford the luxury of Serge Lutens, Creed or Etat Libre d'Orage. This does quite good for me when I want to smell as sexy as I feel, and so far nothing but compliments on this one...

andrevarx
andrevarx

It is a fragrance with notes alcoholic who dominate and dominate throughout evolution, can be sensual for some women.

It lasts about six hours on my skin. Any time of year and age.

Veedabestchef
Veedabestchef

alot of citrus in this fragrance..i got to say its really good for summer hot days..its very sweet like orange and lime together..reminds of squeezing a zest of of lemon...its very refreshing at the same time..good longevity..it last in my skin pretty long

tank94
tank94

I love it. The citrusy notes stand out and it makes the fragrance fresh. This cologne kind of reminds me of Sprite, but in a good way.

I find something rather strange and irritating about Unforgivable by Sean John. I can't put a definite finger on what it is that I detest, I just know that I'm not attracted to this scent in the slightest.

The opening is extremely synthetic and sharp. It's one big citrusy mess with strange additives of basil and birch leaf which don't seem to blend well.

The heart notes aren't much better, however thankfully the scent softens slightly. Lavendar, Clary Sage and Iris gives this fragrance a rather herbaceous and aromatic feel.

In the drydown I can detect mostly musky sandalwood and some strong alcoholic note which I assume is supposed to be the rum, however instead it smells like straight vodka.

I'm not really a fan of this fragrance, even the sales assistant turned up her nose at this one. It would suit very few men in my humble opinion.

andy

great when it came out and mocked some creed scents but its a bit pungent and chemical in it's smell and its really been rightfully replaced by better scents like true Religion, ed hardy, rocawear and marc ecko

and by the way i didnt exactly get lots of compliments wearing this...infact girls sat across the room in my classes when i wore this and LOTS of people at scent counters do NOT reccomend this stuff

guest_Silver_Shadow
guest_Silver_Shadow

Has anyone tried the "eau fraiche" version of this?? Would appreciate any feedback as I thinking of buying it blind over the net as I cant seem to find it in stores where I live.

steve_arm
steve_arm

Unforgivable is a Mediterranean morning to me. The bergamot, the lavender followed by the basil and the sea moss notes, wonderful. My signature summer scent.

Lasts about 2-3 hours only and the ambergris dry down is not very classy.

dubeau206
dubeau206

Wow I didn't know there'd be so many bad reviews on this one! I've been using it for a while now and have only gotten good compliments on it. Weird. I feel like a sucker though, because I can't stand Diddy and his giant ego, yet I have his cologne and a few items of Sean John clothing. What can I say, it smells and looks good...

guest_CampyCamp
guest_CampyCamp

Oh horror of horrors. The smell that taste forgot. Beware.

guest_Julien
guest_Julien

The fragrance SCREAMS bad taste as does the bottle itself. Camp like a row of tents. Plain horrible.

guest_cirrus
guest_cirrus

Indeed,there`s somebody meaningless who tried to copy Creeds Millessime Imperial
without having any idea of perfume-art.
Creed costs about 120 Euros,this crap still is not cheap (in price!) either, but smells like taken a sniff from a garbage can.Rotten puke-juice.Stay miles away!!!

denmaz
denmaz

Well i have not smell DKNY Red Deli but for me Unforgivable is cheap n weak version of Creed MI. Don't use this when you are sweating. It will ruin the smell. It is better used when the lights go out.

jonovon
jonovon

I bought this because of all those comments that it'd resemble Millésime Imperial and I'd like to have a cheaper alternative to MI. But I wound up with a scent that, to my nose, is almost a copy of Red Delicious Men. And more expensive than Red Delicious, I must add.

Unforgivable starts with a blast of citric notes in a sour way, combined with what I perceive to be a booze note. Then it fades to lavender plus someting sweeter. One more fragrance trying to smell like a tropical cocktail.

For all those who may think it resembles Creed's Millésime Imperial, it simply doesn't. MI has richer top notes, resembling fruits like papaya and melons and hairspray, while Unforgivable 's remind me of DKNY Red Delicious Men's. And while MI fades to a salty amber, Unforgivable goes to a clear lavender note.

Actually, Unforgivable is much closer to DKNY RDM than to Creed's MI, as far as I can smell. Both RDM and Unforgivable are sour and juicy and boozey, with almost the same notes (RDM features saffron instead of lavender).

Anyway, it lasts for a bit, very close to the skin and even though it isn't that special, it's very safe: day or night, I'd wear it to a café or to spend some time by the lake with some girl I'm not very used to or got tired of, just like I'd do with Red Delicious Men (Well, now I have 2 almost identical options!). Due to the boozey feel, I think it's appropriate to parties and clubs, if you increase the dosage.

Ah, and the bottle is very beautiful!

andy

although i love the smell of this fragrance i would not advise anyone to go out and buy this one, its very common and sweet and LOTS of people find it very pungent and almost like an air freshener smell. becasue of this, its easily annoying to many people and there are LOTS of better frags to wear besides this

adhiraj_chaki@yahoo.co.in
adhiraj_chaki@yahoo.co.in

Starts with a blast of cytrus notes!! quite refreshing n retro but still quite ordinary too!! Then d lavender accords starts overpowering it!!! Then I waited, fr my favourite tonka beans to come up-After several mins vry faintly I felt it, thn it subsided quite quickly!!...n hey!! where r the rum notes?? it's just an ordinary cytrus floral type...refreshing bt quite forgettable (don't know abt forgiveness though)!!

drummerboy1986
drummerboy1986

I've havd this twice....Once when I was was in college, someone somehow liked it as they were in my room, I gave it to them....the second time, I bought it on line. decide to spray it in my car...and never went back.

Jave26
Jave26

This is a very nice fragrance from the opening to the very end. Longevity is good, And is very well complemented when I'm wearing it. A must try if you haven't yet.

Cherub573
Cherub573

This has a nice smooth opening that smells like lime to me, though I have heard it described as bergamot and grapefruit by others. After a half hour or so it dries down warm and woody. It is bright at first, but becomes rather subtle. I considered buying this for myself, but haven't been in the right mood to wear men's colognes.

I have heard comparisons of it to Creed’s Millésime Impérial and Bond No. 9 Wall Street, but haven't sampled those.

guest_aj
guest_aj

had a few girls wanna hang out so i wore this and they STAYED FIVE FEET AWAY i pick up some bad vibes wearin this i think its kinda too provocative and seductive and gives a creepy vibe to those who smell it.... only responses are from people who probably wear it too!! im sure i wouldnt have any girls advisin me to get this its a mans man scent

andy

cant lie it was big when it came out but it is now played, and the entire scent is ubiquitous in every night club, workplace, store, school

just another department store fragrance.

lively opening tho, and if u like something invigorating Thallium Sport is better, if u want something with a better seductive base like this Karen Low Exchange or Exchange Cool is better.. shame they dont have the better scents on this site

guest_Kimberly
guest_Kimberly

Yes, Puffy, you are unforgivable and a bit forgettable...It seems common. And I don't feel sexy wearing it.

ZeeK

Not Lasting
No Silage at all
Very very close to skin
High Price

A Neutral that is close to Negative for SJ-Unforgivable!

tasha0705
tasha0705

well, despite my deep disgust towards all these celeb scents, I must bow in front of this one - for it is the strangest and the most beautiful male perfume I have come across recently.
In the beginning, when you spray it on, you can feel strong lemony notes, but after just a few minutes, it fades and something so soft and velvety, barely sweet and sexy comes out, that you simply cannot stop sniffing it!!! It is so sunny and perfect for short sleeved shirt, opened wide around the neck, with light breeze and sound of waves. I was amazed at how longlasting it is and yet how soft it is - it doesn't scream, it calls you to put your face next to men's sexiest body part - his neck, and just smell, smelll...breath...if anything else should happen..well I know I wouldn't mind my husband smelling like this every damn day

stevenfarrisohio
stevenfarrisohio

Disappointing - Edgy, and confusing balance of fragrance. This reminded me of a drugstore body fragrance.

ac_scent86
ac_scent86

very pungent. does not fit most skins. lingers with an odd scent in the trailing notes. not really that impressive. not a fan.

kurisu
kurisu

Smell clean and fresh,but I feel that the opening is little synthetic,maybe sharp citrus notes make me feel like that.Anyway the dry-down is nice.IMO,this one like sport cologne,good for gym and hot summer day.

guest_Leo
guest_Leo

Hmm... A good cologne with bad scent life. The scent strength is also terrible. Imagine if it could be better...

ticalau
ticalau

Damn how i love the spot! :D It's one of the best... but dono nothing about this fragrance! I do like the botlle 2 and the notes of the fragrance looks very pormising!

kiselina
kiselina

It's a good one! Smells like citrus and woods, and the rum adds sensuality. Dark, seductive fragrance, I would say that it is sexy.
Well done, Sean ;)

LoveScent
LoveScent

I bought this for my boyfriend and it smells really good. Diddy should just stick to men's colonges and leave the perfume to J-Lo!

guest_Annie
guest_Annie

When I smell this on a guy, it almost has that "I have not taken a shower, but I will cover my B.O with this" vibe.
Not sexy!

Unforgivable by Sean John 3.99 out of 5 based on 564 ratings and 115 user reviews

Sample
Sean John Unforgivable Eau De Toilette Spray 125ml 4.2oz
Sean John Unforgivable Eau De Toilette Spray 125ml 4.2oz
Sean John Unforgivable Parfum Spray 125ml 4.2oz
Sean John Unforgivable Parfum Spray 125ml 4.2oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Sean John Unforgivable fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Sean John Unforgivable, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Unforgivable by Sean John. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Unforgivable by Sean John represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.