Designers » R S » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Serendipitous Serendipity 3 for women

Serendipitous Serendipity 3 for women
dislike

coconut

Serendipitous by Serendipity 3 is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women. The fragrance features coconut, tahitian vanilla and bitter orange.

Coconut Tahitian Vanilla Bitter Orange

Choco Musk
The Exact Friction of Stars

Serendipitous Fragrance Reviews

luna rebel
luna rebel

I have been wanting to try this one forever, and finally I got a sample from a generous member on here. It is quite nice and pleasant, but very weak. It actually smells exactly like vanilla cake batter. I cannot give you a better description of Serendity than that because it really is a simple scent.

Unfortunately, this has virtually no projection or longevity on my skin. I can see the comparison to Chocolate Greedy, but in my opinion this is like a VERY watered down version of Chocolate Greedy with many of its notes missing. I much prefer the complexity and power of Chocolate Greedy to this one. But if you like lighter fragrances, this is definitely a better choice. I am just one of those people on whom very light scents such as this one don't seem to work.

Acesm
Acesm

If you love vanilla as I do, you will adore this. Light, yummy vanilla with a touch of citrus orange. Coconut is way in the background. It's a simple, uncomplicated scent. I love it.

Cake10
Cake10

I dropped by Serendipity 3 tonight to spray this on myself. I see others mentioning chocolate notes in their reviews, but I don't smell any chocolate here, neither did the person I was with.

I expected something warm, deep and inviting, but on my skin, this smells like a light cream soda and orange. There isn't much depth here and the fragrance settles down to a faint vanilla within the hour and then I have to touch my nose to my skin to detect it.

This doesn't make me hungry and for the staying power and unremarkable fragrance, I wouldn't pay the asking price for it. In my opinion, this is a scent created by a famous restaurant that has done well because of what it stands for.

I find it odd that Serendipity would make a perfume that isn't chocolatey since their Frrrozen Hot Chocolate is what they're known for! I don't smell the coconut mentioned in the notes at the top.

edwardnr17
edwardnr17

While I don't really smell it, I've gotten the "something smells freshly baked" comment so I guess it is an out of the oven cookie smell. But I'm not getting it personally. What I get are cookies that have gone cold, maybe that is the coconut. Still good, but you wish you'd gotten to them right away. Sillage is great for me but lasts 1-2 hours. Very cozy, probably better in the cold.

Mmmmm...this is a yummy gourmand! I love it when vanilla comes out like this, it's soft but beautifully deep at the same time. Serendipitous has a chocolately vanilla wafer nature which reminds me of Montale chocolate Greedy and vanille Absolu.
Great stuff lasts very well but I need to wear it again to test longevity and projection against vanille absolut, love this though.

Nirhtuc
Nirhtuc

This is a wonderful gourmande perfume! I'm so glad I got a 5mL sample of it! On me, I don't smell any dominant chocolate- maybe just a hint of milk chocolate. On my skin, it's a lovely vanilla caramel cake- it smells absolutely delicious. Sillage is moderate and the perfume moderately long lasting and fairly linear (i.e. no distinct top, middle, and base notes). I think I might want a full bottle of this! It's a 'love'!

Update: Drydown is like a softer version of Pink Sugar. I still love it, but wish it didn't smell this much like Pink Sugar!

zenbabylove
zenbabylove

I love it!

It's a true chocolate scent on me: with whipped cream

Great longevity too

lalaps
lalaps

Smells just like licking yellow cake batter off a whisk. Over the top gourmand. If you're into smelling yummy (in the most literal way), this one's for you.

yogabear
yogabear

Great, fun scent. You have to spray on quite a lot to make it noticeable, but after that you're enveloped in a sweet cloud of fragrance all day and people around you will likely love it. Smells like baking yellow cake, not really a big chocolate presence. Some orange at first. A really sweet and fun scent.

rzarectum
rzarectum

Interesting fragrance. Whenever I spray it someone says it smell like someone is baking cookies! I received this as a gift from my mother quite a few years ago because I love chocolate. The packaging is very classy. It's too sweet for my own tastes, but it's nice to spray in a room every once in a while.

Zeldado
Zeldado

This is becoming a firm favourite. I have lots of chocolate perfumes but this is the one I actually crave. Put it on in the evening and I can still smell it next day so top marks for longevity. I don't notice the orange in it at all. For me it's chocolate and vanilla and a gorgeous toasted marshmallow. It projects well I can smell it wafting up for hours. It's sweet it's comforting and I'm finding highly addictive. I don't do back up bottles but will make an exception for this. This and Gourmand Coquin are my top two right now that's high praise for this chocolate

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

I love this fragrance!! Right down to it's quirky name and the fact that it was made by the hearts of chocolatiers. I mean if anyone is going to make me a chocolate fragrance it's these guys.
The fragrance itself smells like a super creamy milk chocolate with little orange zest flakes and a crunchy slightly burnt sugary coating. (But not pink sugar level burnt! It's very subtle.) I can understand the comparison to amour de cacao which I also have, but serendipitous is far more sweet and creamy IMO.

I have the excellent opportunity of having a decant of the old version that came out years ago to compare to the new bottle I bought on lucky scent.
Old Version: First spray and a few minutes later I can smell the entire chocolatey mixture. Lasted about 3-4 hours.
New Version: Weak and watery orange opening that lasts nearly an hour. Then the rich chocolatey aroma. Lasted about 6-7 hours.

So good news is the newer version lasts way longer on me. But bad news is you have to wait to get those rich hits of chocolate. I freaked out when I first sprayed my new version, I thought the perfume was junk at first. Takes a while for the chocolate notes to come out.
Overall I love serendipity 3!!! Perfect for gourmand lovers & hard core milk chocolate lovers who want the real deal.

sweaterfreak
sweaterfreak

Available online again, as of last week. $45 for a 1.7 or $35ish on Amazon. Smells extremely similar to Comptoir Sud Pacifique Amour de Cacao, but with minimal staying power. Chocolate, vanilla and blood orange. Still, worth the retail price, but not the outrageous prices that were recently at auctions.

ChampagneHo
ChampagneHo

This is one of my favorite sweet scents. I didn't realize that it was chocolate, I only smelled a wonderful vanilla. That said, I'm not good at note detecting. Many slip right by me.

I'll compare it to others that it has been compared to.

Pink Sugar - no contest. PS is nice, but you really have to watch how much you put on or it will choke you. Who wants to die a slow agonizing death choking on browned cotton candy? Serendipitous is higher quality and doesn't smack you in the face with that carnival scent. It caresses you like cashmere. I find it easier to wear.

Greedy Chocolate - no way. Greedy Chocolate is the dark, sinister, sticky, bound and gagged, chocolate playdoh cousin to Serendipitous. You know the one nobody wants to invite to thanksgiving dinner? It's so sticky that I'm waiting for the ants to come marching in. I just don't see any comparison at all. It's a mess and I am now stuck with 5 ml of it. [ha, my inadvertent dyslexic handling of the name suits it better]

kayley123
kayley123

I definitely get chocolate/vanilla with a light touch of orange from this. Sort one like one of those orange-flavored chocolates (Terry's I think?) you can get at the grocery store (like the ones that you break into chocolate "slices" by knocking it on the counter) but milkier, more vanilla, instead of bitter or dark chocolate.

kankri
kankri

Serendipitous is very soft and warm, a very light vanilla scent with an orange facet that slowly blends together on skin until it turns into something like chocolate. It drapes on you like a blanket, reassuring and close. A very comfortable and sweet scent with decent lasting power. Highly recommended for people who like sweetness and chocolate, as long as they don't mind the sillage.

mel4
mel4

I thought this not to be a sweet scent and it is rather bland. Maybe it just did not work on my skin or my expectations were too great. Nothing like Chocolate Greedy.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

This scent is AMAZING! It smells exactly like S'mores. Melty, ooey-gooey marshmallows dripping with molten chocolate and sprinkled with graham cracker dust. The initial orange notes also add a nice touch. This is definitely not an ordinary vanilla. In fact, I get more chocolate than vanilla. To me this scent is very sweet, yet not cloying, and very cozy and yummy. It reminds me of cudddling up in a fleece blanket in front of the campfire while licking marshmallow residue from the S'mores off my sticky fingers. I don't really get much, if any, coconut, and I don't feel this fragrance is too powdery, which is good since I'm not a huge powder fan. I am currently on a "diet", if you will (more like a lifestyle change... no refined sugar at all!), but this is a great substitute for dessert. If I can't eat dessert, at least I can smell like it! Sillage and longevity aren't bad either, and the price is fairly affordable. I say it's a MUST HAVE for gourmand lovers.

nazza28
nazza28

One squirt and all I could smell was a soft vanilla, similar to the Body Shop Vanilla. Meh I thought to myself, what's all the fuss about??
Than...10 mins later I added 2 more squirts and oh my gosh... Heavenly buttery vanilla with a touch of cotton candy. Wow, it's very soft but dang it is delicious!!! Such an unique vanilla I am very glad I purchased this one!

i can't even describe how much i love this sweetie. this has gone onto my top 5 shelf and has surpassed my love of pink sugar for my favorite gourmand perfume. it's sweet, creamy, sugary and cupcake like. it's long lasting (over night on me) and it makes me extremely happy and energized. it was only $40.00 from lucky scent for 50 mls, but i think i would pay more. a big 10 from me.

Dittnergirl
Dittnergirl

Yea...samples from LuckyScent arrived, including this one. It's a very hot CA summer and this is such a nice change from my typical fall spicy, cinnamons. It smells like a nice vanilla in the bottle, but opened up with a more musky cotton candy smell after about 15 min. Sweet, delectable - reminds me of Pink Sugar on my skin. I'm so tickled I stumbled across this scent on this site! At $40 on Lucky Scent, I'll be putting that on the wish list for the hubby!

BelleofRivendell
BelleofRivendell

You can get this at sugardaisy.com. I think it's $35 for a bottle there...

sue d
sue d

i need more serendiptous 3 can anyone tell me PLEASE where i can find it and stock up?

Turtledove
Turtledove

AAHH this is wonderful! Marshmallow hot cocoa chocolate chip cookie goodness! And so warm and toasty! It has a savory, carmelized-sugar quality of yummy things baking, I completely agree with the person who said it smells like toasted marshmallows. It's actually almost a hint of incense or burning candle, in a very pleasant way. There might be a bit of creamy almond hiding in there as well.

It doesn't quite smell like oranges and chocolate to me, it definitely smells like chocolate-laced goodies baking in the oven, but the orange is probably what's keeping it from getting too heavy and sweet, instead it just seems warm and fluffy and chocolate. I found it on ebay, best blind buy EVER.

perfumeloverforever
perfumeloverforever

I'm going to the US next christmas, can any one tell me where I can get this?

sharyssa

i gave this bottle to my daughters and while helping them clean their room i came across the bottle with no cap but still full and they both said it stinks so i said ok im reclaiming it lol! it smells better than i remember ohhhhh my lil serendipity caramel sweet n luscious i will never give you away again!!!!!!!!!!!!

valarian
valarian

Lovely sweet soft perfume for those days you want something light hearted and self indulgent. I should imagine others around you would benefit too as I cannot see how anyone could take offence at this pretty fragrance. When I put it straight onto skin I just get a tiny hint of orange and then it’s gone but I'm left with a soft aura of warm vanilla and caramel sugary sweetness. When I spray onto clothes the orange is a little more noticeable. This perfume has to be getting something right they have sold out!! If you love the sweeter end of the perfume scale and love/like vanilla this for the price is a must!

Aspendina
Aspendina

The notes they have listed for these have me confused as I have never smelled any of these. It smells like vanilla, sugar and chocolate with maybe some caramel. When I wear this people think someone is baking cookies somewhere. Its the most amazing scent EVER. Amazon.com $36 free shipping, if its not there then they r out of stock and will be back on amazon once they have more.

kimberlylizkennedy
kimberlylizkennedy

This is great! Where can you buy it now? It isn't for sale anywhere!

Aprilily
Aprilily

I love how sweet and warm this is-very nice fall and winter scent. When I want to deepen it a bit I mix it with Sage Machado's Amber=awesome!

tigerhearted
tigerhearted

This is a wonderful comfort scent. When my father passed away recently, this is the scent I reached for over and over again during those first emotionally trying days.

As to what it smells like, this seems to be ever-changing and enigmatic. Myself, usually I pick up the sweet orange and vanilla at first, and after a while it mellows to a white chocolate. But it is not overly gourmand on me, nor overly sweet or heavy. It is somehow refreshing and light, a bit warm, and very comforting.

My husband thinks it smells sweet and floral. My mom's first words when she first smelled it on me was "You smell like roasted marshmallows!" This leads me to think it is similar to that Harry Potter love potion whose scent changes according to each person's preferences (since I love orange scents, my husband loves florals on me, and one of my mom's favorite treats is roasted marshmallows).

I do find that I have to spray more than I usually would to get a satisfying level of scent. Longevity is okay, after a few hours it becomes more of a skin/snuggle scent. But the price is *very* reasonable, so I do not mind at all.

jbvandemark
jbvandemark

This smells a bit like root beer on me at first blast, then pretty much just yummy goodness. A coworker said "something smells like cookies". It actually lasts quite a while on me. Layer with Smell Bent's Sunshine if you want more orange with your chocolate. Or alternately, try it with Pilar & Lucy's Exact Friction of Stars and you'll feel like an Almond Joy, but in a really good way.

poivrerose
poivrerose

Sweet sticky orange candies, cold cocoa, vanilla bean. It's like eating one of those chocolate covered orange candy sticks. Mmm. It's that simple. If you wouldn't mind spending 30 bucks on a box of candies, you might like to try this. A very sweet, very shortlived indulgence. Although it dries down smelling almost exactly like Palmer's Cocoa Butter - the initial 20 minutes are very candy delicious. It is definitely a skin scent and is quickly fading, but is yummy and fun. Perhaps a base chocolate scented moisturizer would draw it out a bit.

krissycat
krissycat

This is probably the chocolatiest perfume I've smelled yet. I have Chocolovers and Gale Hayman Delicious Chocolate, all which smell a bit like chocoloate but still not as much as this one. When I first sprayed on it smelled like milk chocolate, but right now it smells like burning chocolate over a fire. Unfortunately everyone's reviews are right about the lasting power being little to none. I'm disappointed because the scent is so yummy. Maybe I'll layer this with one of my other chocolate scents. I'm also considering layering with my Vanilla Sugar Scent and see what fragrance it creates. I see this as being just a skin scent that can be appreciated by your significant other while cuddling

floof
floof

Tootsie roll, chocolate and orange- delicious! almost like you took a regular tootsie roll and an orange flavored one and ate them at the same time. My roommate freaked out he loves it so much. So reasonable too! I also bought the candle, it is not extremely fragrant, but subtle and very similar smelling to the spray.

sfonativeboy
sfonativeboy

I got nothing but compliments .. today !
Wow! LOVE this fragrance ..!!!!
I smell of ..."Cake and all things Yummy"
that's what I was told today.
there is a Rich Chocolate hiding there somewhere...
YUM! YUM !YUM!

CaraMaria
CaraMaria

This fragrance will always hold a special place in my heart. When it was difficult to find for a small while (seemed like forever though) my daughter found me a bottle. I still have that bottle and I am on the very last bits of it. Each time I spray it I get that powdered sugar vanilla cocoa cloud of loveliness. It's just like that...a cloud, perfectly blended together. This isn't a powdered sugar exactly - It is that powder that comes out of a bag of marshmallows as you open it. ahhhhhhhhhhhh LOVE it. I just ordered 2 new bottles. The site I visit/order Serendipitous from has a coupon code currently. yay! *also, I see one of the notes listed as coconut - I believe it is cocoa not coconut...it is designed for the Hot Chocolate offered at Serendipity 3 after all.

sharyssa

Bought this today and it smells good reminds me of L de Lolita and Chocolovers perfumes.I got it at the mall for $4.95 it was a brand new tester with a cap 1.7 oz so I smelled it liked it and was happy to buy it for such a cheap price!

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

The bitter orange is very noticeable on me at the beginning. I sense the vanilla creeping in ever so slowly...trying to muffle the orange. I'm not sure if I can sense the coconut or not. I smell something in the background...but it doesn't smell quite like coconut to me. There's definitely a gourmand feel. Oh! Now I smell the coconut! It's very subtle (too bad because I LOVE coconut)...and the entire fragrance is quite light on me. Something about it reminds me of L by Lolita Lempicka...just without the intense spicy nature of L...? I can somewhat see how it resembles chocolate...but it's more vanilla bean & orange zest-infused sugar to me. Not quite what I'm looking for, but MUCH nicer than those overly sweet gourmand fragrances I've been testing (i.e., CSP). It also doesn't seem to last very long on me. I CAN see myself wearing it during the winter holidays, though.

mudpach
mudpach

Orange? Where?!:) This is a perfect sweet, vanilian scent! The best! I love!
A tökéletes vattacukor illat, édes, selymes, és szupertartós!:)

Amanda79
Amanda79

I purchased this scent unsniffed wearing it for the 1st time today! The notes for this perfume is cocoa, tahitian vanilla and blood orange. It opens up with a burst of orange but last only a minute. I don't know if its the mixture of the orange with the cocoa but I smell a rich amber! The dry down is a perfect mixture of vanilla and cocoa with slight incense/woody/smokey smell. Kinda like drinking hot chocolate by a warm fire.. I love it! It stays close to the skin and the lasting power seems to be alright.

VioletLily
VioletLily

Serendipitous and I have such wonderful relationship. We get on really well. In fact, I can’t stop telling everyone how much in love we are. When we’re together, I sigh with blissful release. I am comforted, yet exultant to be in the presence of such a beautiful smelling thing! It’s soft, absolutely delicious chocolate touched with blood orange to my nose. Not dark chocolate, not chocolate syrup, just gorgeously soft cocoa. I layer MOR Marshmallow body butter with it too and it goes with it just marvelously. I only wish when Serendipitous came to visit, that it would stay longer.

Boggi
Boggi

I really love this! Wonderful realistic orange and chocolate in the dry-down. MM!

essija
essija

This is great, sweet and different. I get a lot of almond out of this. Like German Chocolate cake. I don't know if I would wear this often, but I love it for being differnt. Like nothing I have ever sniffed before.. Light and sugary sweet...

sandrina_bambina
sandrina_bambina

It smells like cake, chocolate one, warm and delicious ;)
Gourmand and comfortable fragrance.

jeca
jeca

Smells like a cake with chocolate and marzipan, sweet and light.

Serendipitous by Serendipity 3 4.25 out of 5 based on 132 ratings and 46 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Serendipity 3 Serendipitous fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Serendipity 3 Serendipitous, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Serendipitous by Serendipity 3. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Serendipitous by Serendipity 3 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.