Designers » R S » Oriental Woody « Groups

Cedre Serge Lutens for women and men

Cedre Serge Lutens for women and men
dislike

tuberose
Cedre Serge Lutens for women and men Pictures Cedre Serge Lutens for women and men Pictures

Elegant, warm and deep cedar scent is in centre of attention, which is shown by the name ‘Ceder’. Highly esteemed cedar is combined with sensual and gentle tuberose, warm, spicy note of cinnamon, musk and amber. This elegant fragrance is appropriate for women and men. The perfume was launched in 2005 and its designer is Christopher Sheldrake.

Tuberose Amber Cinnamon Musk Cloves Cedar

Seductive
Accord Violet

Cedre Fragrance Reviews

A translation of Enrosadira's review (below):

The opening is sweetish , sometimes nasty and brazen . ( The first time I wore it , I thought I was going to want to scrub it off) .
With the passage of time, it is transformed and becomes a golden waterfall, an enchanted garden in late summer bathed in the golden light of late afternoon, the beginning of sunset. It recalls the color of honey, and resin from the trees.

A perfume with very sweet traits, almost caramel, but with an underlying whiff of incense and woods and warm spices, very feminine and very hot .
Not for every day, otherwise it can become a bit disgusting , but it is fascinating!

Enrosadira
Enrosadira

Apertura dolciastra, a tratti sgradevole e sfrontata. (La prima volta che l'ho indossato, appena messo avrei già voluto toglierlo).
Con il passare del tempo si trasforma e diventa una cascata d’oro, un giardino incantato a fine estate immerso nella luce dorata del tardo pomeriggio che si avvia al tramonto, richiama i colori del miele, gli alberi dai quali fuoriesce della resina.
Un profumo a tratti molto dolce, quasi caramelloso, ma con una venatura sotterranea di incenso e di legni e spezie calde, molto femminile e molto caldo.
Non da tutti i giorni, altrimenti risulta un po' stomachevole, ma affascinante!

gedlive
gedlive

I just received my two blind buys from SL. Cedre and Gris Clair. I like this much more than Gris Clair.
Cedre is a bit on the feminine side of unisex. I used to think that "He Wood Rocky Mountain" was the best men's woody floral, but now it seems so cheep and synthetic compared to Cedre. The sweet cedar is aromatically accentuated by the warm cloves and just a slight nuance of cinomon. I don't like cinomon, but here it's practically imperceptible except for adding a nice warm tone, and balancing the sweetness of the cedar. Then you get the beautifull white floral. So truly a woody/ floral predominantly. There is a slight dried fruit vib, as is common to many SL's fragrances, here it is just a nuance. Someone said it's like a delicious smelling tree/ cake, yes. It boarders on the gourmand, but smells more botanical and of nature, than foody.
Did someone mention exquisitely blended, yes. The wood and Tuberose just blend beautifully, the musc and other spices just gives it it's own refined anamalic quality.
It is a warm fragrance great for Winter, but the strong floral Tuberose note makes it light, ethereal; suitable for Spring and Summer.
I could also mention that Cedre is slightly boozy, as in a sweetish liquor. Overall not to sweet, the sweetness seems to go nicely with the floral Tuberose, and is balanced by the spices. The musc ads the spiciness. Overall a very pleasant comfort scent, with some nice classiness.
The longevity of this EDP is beast mode.
This is no hamster cage wood shavings. If you spray liberally the aromatic cedar note really shines forth, with all the embellishments.

Note: I discovered a very good fragrance similar to this, sandalwood and gardenia, L'Artisan "Rappelle-Toi.

Rating: 8.75/10

Happy Easter. John 3:16.

Cassiano
Cassiano

Another fragrance inspired by woods, this one has the Cedar as a central theme. They say it's the favorite tree of Serge Lutens.
It was released in 2005 and Serge defines it as "another take on Féminité for an alternate reality”. He refers to Féminité du Bois, from 1992 (already reformulated).

Cèdre brings notes of cedar, amber, musk, tuberose, cloves and cinnamon. When touches the skin, its aroma is open, vibrant and woody. The tuberose confers a floral nuance that, oddly enough, is not pungent. It doesn't look like tuberose, known for its carnal and prevailing facets.

On my skin, did not provide a lot of evolution. The most notable feature was a masculine output and a more feminine drydown, if we can set this way. At this point, Cèdre fits, perfectly, in the unisex category.

It's an interesting and easy to please perfume. Its vibrant fragrance fits very well with the hot climate of Brazil. I must confess that I would love if I have felt more of the spices. However, on my skin, the fragrance has resulted in a mixture of cedar, musk and amber.
Trying to translate into words, would be a fragrance of cedar, with a clean musky body and a more sensual and ambery base.

It is not surprising, but it is also not common. What I admire the most in this creation is the feeling of being on the edge of the feminine, without wearing a fragrance made, exclusively, for women.

Q80
Q80

Quite interesting as i wonder! why there aren't strawberries or berries in their ingredients! or even plums? cause this is sweet as candy (not cloying), at least for the first spray or the top note. while the cinnamon is hazy at the background as in top note and there is no sign of tuberose or cedar because of the sweetish note on top.
It is quite rosy fragrance than cedar, and sweetish rosy to be specific.

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

this is a pretty interesting scent! to mix cedar with tuberose...who would've thought? but i like it. it's a candyish tuberose with woods and amber, though the tuberose is by far the strongest note on my skin. i love tuberose though, it is probably my favorite white floral, so no complaints. i am just so stunned by this scent! i didn't know what to expect, but this is intriguing. it's rainy and wintry now but i must say i cannot wait to try this in summer where surely it will be showcased best.

PercivalGoldstone
PercivalGoldstone

I got a sample of this and I'm glad it was just a sample. In my opinion, it's a stretch to call this unisex. The tuberose gives it a perfume vibe, especially in the opening. There's nothing masculine about it. If I smelled this on a guy I'd assume he accidentally grabbed his wife's perfume and didn't realize it until it was 4 sprays too late.

It does calm down a bit into something that, if you squint your eyes enough, you could describe as warm and woody... but that's being generous.

As a women's perfume, it's nice and elegant. Men should try one of the many other better choices.

rithacha
rithacha

Bubblegum tuberose woody tobacco. Lovely and distinctive scent, but cedar it is not.

Evenblondernow
Evenblondernow

Wearing Cedré for the first time today. So, so beautiful. No one note stands out to me, besides tuberose. There is a skanky note which reminds me of L'aire de Rien by Miller Harris. An unwashed, post "activity" note. It's good...but the two fragrances strike me as being very similar. I get lots of creaminess too...llike freshly applied body lotion after a shower. I am besotted with the quirky way Mr. Sheldrake works his magic. I don't understand how a parfumeur creates such vastly different scents, but maintains a certain sense of same throughout all of them. Absolutely gorgeous!! I currently own nine SL masterpieces. The only one I don't LOVE is Chergui. I am more taken by Cedré, Arabie and Fille en Aiguilles.

modernfumie
modernfumie

I ordered a sample of this as part of an exploration of white flowers and woods, and I'm glad I did. I do get the wood and the white floral, but there's something that sticks in my nose and is hard to describe. Perhaps it is the spice (clove/cinnamon)? But it keeps this fragrance from being an unmitigated pleasure. My boyfriend actively dislikes it, and I'm on the fence. As it is quite potent, I think my little dabber sample will do me. No need to order a bottle.

kishka
kishka

I received a sample of this some while ago but dismissed it as too masculine and not different enough. Well I've changed my mind!! The thing about Serge Lutens is that he is a genius and an aritist but it takes time to appreciate that. Some years ago I just didn't get him - at all - BUT he is a Master Perfumer and maybe like a novice monk we start on the road to Perfume Nirvana not realising that we have to align ourselves to the vibrations of a higher scale before we can truly understand them. I just so appreciate this man's work - the older I get the more I realise that there are very few out there who can produce a great perfume.....so much dross amongst a few truly great creations. Oh btw - this is a warm cederwood that shifts and changes and morphs into a beautiful sweet longlasting haze of balanced woods and flowers. If you don;t like it - it is YOU who has to change!

I am not a fan of this one. Strongly woody and masculine scent. From time to time I am trying out Serge Lutens' fragrances and I have found quite many good ones. Unfortunately this is not one of the good ones. It smells old and dusty if that makes any sense.
Spices in it just make me sneeze.
I don't think there's anything feminine about it. Not for me.

shushkin
shushkin

Nice fragrance. I have quite a few SL fragrances and this has the shortest longevity and minimal sillage which is rather surprising. Like others I get the tuberose and cedar notes first. I also get a sort of anamalic note with this which I dont care for. I decided to tweek it and added some more amber, tuberose absolute and cedar. I gave it a good shake and that has successfully subdued the beast but amped up the longevity and sillage. Now I really like it.

Amarah
Amarah

Cedre is a dreamy, feminine and lush fragrance. It opens up strong and bold with notes of deep Amber, sweet dried fruits, woods and cinnamon-y Tuberose.
This is not your typical Tuberose/Jasmine/Gardenia combo, it is a more natural and refined spicy oriental woody floral. There is a booziness or herbal aspect to it that lingers on in the background which makes this scent quite unique and different.

The dry down is the best part of this fragrance, it warms up and becomes creamy and rich with just enough sweetness to make it cosy and comfortable, in the way of the feeling you get when you wear your favourite sweater or when you're snuggling up to your partner for warmth, Cedre evokes those kinds of feelings.
If you are a lover of Tuberose and want something that hasn't already been done to death, then try Cedre!
I can see myself wearing this scent all year round but I can imagine it would be beautiful in cool, breezy summer nights.
Longevity and sillage are super as it forms a cloud of goodness around you for you and everyone else to enjoy!

struthion
struthion

Cedar is more a second lead to tuberose. I can see some people enjoying it, but for me all its underlying sultriness is interrupted by sweet.

But how wonderful this would be without the sweetness! I should have expected something of the kind; SL describes it as "cedar pastry." I was looking for cedar frags and gave this a try. After sampling some really obvious on-the-nose cedar notes(I'm looking at you, Comme des Garcons Avignon and CB I Hate Perfume Cedarwood Tea) I appreciated the surprising combination with tuberose.

Maybe I just don't like tuberose. Fragrantica's page on the tuberose note describes it as "the harlot of perfume" which makes me giggle. Here the masculine cedar dances with the unapologetic floral that steals the show.

meysam vazifeh
meysam vazifeh

this fragrance is very classic
I thought if you don't have several good memories , This perfume can not attract you
but It is made High quality .
Honestly although it is classic but The smell is wonderful.
thats right , Perfume components is low and Made simple
However, it is very fragrant
The smell of Tuberose is dominant Mixed with cedar wood and Cinnamon and some amber makes floral spicy and woody fragrance.

Sillage : appropriate

هم برمیداشتن Tea Rose یه دونه از این
وای عجب بوی غلطظی داشت .و هر دفه منو فراری میداد از مغازه

fnzeee
fnzeee

Perhaps I got a bad batch...but I cannot understand the previous reviews stating this as a sensual, beautiful fragrance. Truly this is one of the most repulsive scents I have every had the misfortune of spraying on myself. Really disgusting. The smell on initial spray is like an industrial cleaning chemical. As it reached dry down it smells almost exactly like a medicinal dandruff shampoo. It is really sickly sweet and sharp with an overwhelming amount of tuberose and I see no way a man could wear this. Further, it is not something I would ever want to smell on a woman. Not sexy, not sophisticated, not musky...just awful.

The cedar is the least prominent note and is very sharp (not deep and woody)....by dry down it is all but gone. The sweet tuberose dominates and is sickly sweet. The clove with tuberose just smells awful. I can appreciate trying to blend and balance these contrasting notes, but in Cedre I think it just creates a blender-full of nasty.

deja vu-gr
deja vu-gr

I bought it blind (there was not a tester available to try it)because i found it on shelf in my local perfumerie under 50% discount so it was somehow a bargain. Ok lets start by saying that the quality is top but if i have to speak as a cedar lover that i am i feel a bit disappointed because on me cedar is not so detectable but if i have to speak as well as a perfume lover in general i am satisfied because i find it a pleasant,sexy and seductive enough, suitable for both women and men. Just too much tuberose on me than cedar. Also people that are not fond of sweet notes better try before buy even though the whole compose is not sickly sweet. It works better in cold weather but you can enjoy it in summer when evenings are cooler as well.

jsaliga
jsaliga

Sweet enough to send someone into hyperglycemic shock. Serge Lutens must have the worlds greatest sweet tooth, as most of his fragrances that I have tried are sickeningly sweet.

Singabera

Pure seduction in a bottle, both on man's or woman's skin. So sensual, so wrapping you around and capturing... Works great in hot summer nights.

Amor und Psyche
Amor und Psyche

A beautifully minimalistic cedar. Sweet yet not overpowering and inexplicably different. The few ingredients simply seem to have been created in order to coexist perfectly. Opulent tuberose, clean cedar, intense spices and discrete musk and amber. I am almost certain that some Frankinsense was used as well, despite not being on the list of ingredients, but then again the lists given by perfume houses are rarely complete.

To me, it evokes night. Deep, dark and frightening night, where everything is allowed because all the sins remain unseen, concealed, unnoticed.

dkny27
dkny27

If worn in warmer temps, this scent would be too heady and overbearing.... But in the cold air of late fall and deep winter, this is very dazzling.

The warm, spicy, almost crisp notes lead off out of the bottle, but on the skin, Cedre warms into a nostalgic, cinnamon blanket with hints of 80's perfume perfection done only in the Lutens way....

The drydown becomes very familiar and a bit more masculine in a demure way.... Still keeping it on my want list...

AZJeff
AZJeff

Lately I've been trying out different unisex fragrances. I thought I'de give this fragrance a try due to it having a cedar note in it. I like the smell of this. I thought it would be masculine enough to wear. Sad to say, it's not. It leans on being more feminine. It's a nice fragrance but too floral for me. It's a sweet and strong floral maybe kind of heavy and also tropical(from the "Tuberose" note). IMO, it would be best for women to wear this in the summer at night. I put this on my inner elbow before I went to bed one night in the past and the fragrance was still left on my skin, but it had only some musk scent in it from the final stages of the dry down. I may just use up my sample around the house or give it to my sister. I'm disappointed in that it didn't turn out more masculine on me. :(

Well this is my second review of Cedre and I've returned to sample it over 12 months later hoping perhaps I had grown in that time and maybe now I could appreciate this scent...I'm afraid not.
The opening notes are interesting, classic, strongly musky and full of cloves. Then the dry woodiness of cedarwood and resin with the floral power of tuberose.
Tuberose and I have a love hate relationship and much like many florals (in fact many 'notes') can manifest itself in very different ways. All this just seems to conspire to make an odd pissy note which is at the back of what is an interesting work and I almost think it needs it to lift the whole thing and make it more daring, which it certainly does.

What differs from the last time is after wearing this I also sprayed it on a card to see how long the unpleasant note would last long after I'd washed it off my skin. Well I can report that the later drydown both on skin and now three days later on the card smells lovely! I mean really pleasing and much more of a soft woody floral smell, all the sweetness of tuberose with non of the nastiness.
I couldn't put up waiting for several hours until it becomes a nice skin scent though what would be the point.
Still not for me I'm afaraid, this is one for true perfume lovers.

s.alswayeq
s.alswayeq

سيدر او سيدار من سيرج لوتنس
ومن تصميم كريستوفر شيلدريك

رحلة ستنقلك بعير خشب الآرز الاطلسي الذي اعتقد بتواجده هنا ستنلقك الى هناك الى قمم جبال الاطلس في المغرب الغربي لتقف متأملاَ السكون الذي يحيطك ودفئ الشمس الذي عم ارجاء المكان ونسمات الهواء التي تجعلك تتنفس بعمق لتعطيك الشعور والاحساس بجمال الطبيعه عندما تخلو بنفسك مستمتعا بسكون الطبيعه في مكان بعيد عن ضوضاء المدينه

فهذا خشب السيدار الاطلسي ذو الطابع الخشبي المكسو بلمحة سويتية اقرب للحلوى ياخذ بيدك ومعه حلاوة ودفئ القرفه لتلك الرحلة! وسرعان ماينضم اليهم مسك الروم الرائع تلك الازهار البيضاء لتزيد تلك الاجواء الحلوه جانب سويتي آخر اقرب للفانيلا وجوز الهند اللذيذ لتشعر انك تتلذ بشكولاته مكوسة بالفانيلا ولمحات من جوز الهند ذلك المزيج يشاركه دفئ العنبر الكهرماني الناعم هنا ذو الطابع الكلاسيكي ليعطي اجواء شرقية دافئة وكانها تلك الشمس...!.
لن اطيل
هكذا رأيت شخصية هذا العطر:
سويتي لذيذ (لمحات جوز هند وفانيلا) خشبي عنبري بجانب لمحات من التوابل غير بارزه الحقيقة فهنا لم المح القرفه مثلا كشكلها وحدتها عندما تتطعمها في العلك وانما هي هنا حلوه، ولم المح وضوح للقرنفل الذي تمتاز باللمحات الحامضه المعدنية الدافئة وان كنت اعتقد انهم وضعوا لخلق نوعا من الدفئ ، وربما في فترات لاحقا عندما تخف بروز تلك المكونات تلمح المسك ذو اللمحه الحسية الجذابه البعيد عن روائح النظافه.
العطر يحتاج منك المزيد من التعرف فهو يصبح اجملا مع مرورا الوقت

شبحان الله وبحمده سبحان العظيم
تحياتي

Julie Billi
Julie Billi

Just received a tester....Warm, luxury wood smell, a bit masculine with the amazing Lutenesque touch!
I will prefer the Feninite du Bois....more sexy & feminine!

ankali
ankali

This is pretty, but honestly, it reminds me of scented dryer sheets.

paolalala
paolalala

Narcotic, warm, woody, mesmerizing long lasting fragrance.
All my dreams in this bottle. My addictive aura...

Lana148
Lana148

In a nutshell this is cedar + white floral and the mix is pretty much 50/50. I love cedar and cedar part in this creation is heavenly. I generally can't stomach white floral and I knew there was some in this, but I was hoping it would be tacked away somewhere in a background and I will be ok. Well, that's not the case. So, sadly this lovely offering is a "no" for me.

Miss LaCreevy
Miss LaCreevy

Tuberose? cedarwood? not to my nose. Sweet , comfortable; dry fruit. Maybe for christmas.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

A rose-like, restrained, narcotic poudrée tuberose, cinnamon/eugenol notes, a load of warm musks and amber, a slight refreshing bergamot-like note at first. Syrupy, syrupy and syrupy. Sweet, cozy, soft aromatic woods base, with a subtle oak moss note you get more clearly after a while. Overall a dense, resinous, fruity and – yes – syrupy scent. Think of a fresher, simpler, laid-back version of Arabie. Once the syrup dries, you get a pleasant (barely pleasant) talcum-sweet drydown, fairly light but persistent. Nice, but a bit sticky. Not among my favourites.

P.S.: no cedar - at all.

6,5/10

Kain
Kain

Another beautiful creation from master "Christopher Sheldrake" which perfectly blended for both genders.
The opening is a warm and sweet amber scent with touch of tuberose and some spices.
The amber note here smell very warm and sweet but in honey way! it's like the smell of a big beehive but I don't know how he did it but it's not cloying or too much sweet at all. it's warm, yummy and extremely sensual.
The tuberose give the scent a beautiful flowery scent but because of warm and strong honey like amber it can not overpower that much.
The spices are soft, but powerful enough to keep away the sweet floral scent from becoming completely feminine.
As time goes by and in the mid, the tuberose settles down and spices are stronger and much easier to detect and at the same time cedar kicks in.
The mid smell close to the opening but now it's less flowery, more spicy and there is a sharp woody note beside other notes to push the scent more toward the masculine side.
Projection is very good and longevity is around 8-10 hours.
Well done!

این عطر یکی دیگه از کارای بسیار خوب آقای "کریستوفر شلدریک" عطر ساز محبوب من هست
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر با بوی بسیار گرم و شیرین کهربا شروع میشه که مقدار مشخصی هم رایحه گل مریم در کنار اون وجود داره
رایحه گرم و شیرین کهربا یه حسی مثل بوی عسل داره. شیرینی اش زیاده، اما مثل شیرینی وانیل نیست که دل آدمو بزنه
گرمی و شیرینی اش مثل عسل دلچسبه و حس بسیار جذاب و سکسی به عطر میده
رایحه گل مریم با اینکه کاملا مشخصه اما یه جورایی تو این گرما و شیرینی عسل مانند کهربا غرق شده و خیلی رایحه عطرُ گلی و زنانه نمیکنه
در کنار اینا یه ته بوی تند و تلخ ادویه ای که به خاطر میخک و دارچین هست هم وجود داره
رایحه ابتدایی در مجموع حس یونیسکس و شاید کمی به سمت زنانه داشته باشه ولی اون حس تلخ ادویه ای خیلی خوب تو میانه نگهش میداره و اجازه نمیده بوش کاملا زنانه بشه
با گذر زمان اون حس گرم و شیرین عسل مانند همچنان وجود داره و رایحه گل مریم هم بصورت ملایم و البته ضعیفتر از ابتدا حس میشه ولی حالا رایحه دارچین و میخک قویتر میشن و رایحه چوب سدر هم وارد میشه و تلخی و تندی عطرُ بیشتر میکنن
رایحه میانی از نظر حس کلی فرقی زیادی با رایحه ابتدایی نداره
فقط رایحه گل مریم ضعیفتره و رایحه ادویه ای عطر قویتره میشه و بوی چوب سرو هم باز تلخ تر و کمی بیشتر مردانه اش میکنه
بوش تا آخر به همین صورت میمونه و فرق زیاده نمیکنه و فقط ملایمتر و ملایمتر میشه
پخش بوش خوبه و نسبتا بالاست و ماندگاریش هم حدود 8-10 ساعت روی پوست هست
یه کار بسیار خوب دیگه از این برند

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I blind bought Cedre last week since I already own a few Serge Leuten fragrances. I knew I would not be let down and I was right. Cedre is my first fragrance with tuberose and I must say that I love it! It is exquisite, warm and subtle. The cinnamon and cloves are just right. I can smell it all around me and that makes me and my nose very happy.

lmlovespapa
lmlovespapa

warm, woody, spicy and slightly floral this one kinda has a mulled cider vibe to it.

SweetChouli
SweetChouli

The opening is definetly harsh, but not unpleasant. Initially, cloves and cedar are most prominent to me but I can tell that there will soon be a nice development taking place. And there it is... A few minutes in the cinnamon, amber and tuberose equally take part in this balanced composition. By the time it settles into the skin, the tuberose blooms and adds some creamy sweetness to what stars and remains as an arid dry scent. The dryness is no surprise, given the nature of the notes. Without tuberose and amber, it would have probably been too dry for my taste. Because I love cinnamon and cedar, this one really hits the spot. It's not predominantly a tuberose fragrance, as I expected it to be. There is a nice even balance going on all throughout, once you get past the questionable opening. The dry down is my favorite part, although I do love the scratchy journey it takes to get there.

yousseforion
yousseforion

one of the best of everything that i used before, its something from heaven.

nastyamason
nastyamason

Tuberose usually does not work for me but here it is not offensive. Cedre smells like a sugared evergreen with touch of spices. Quite comforting scent and great for the holiday season. While this Lutens is not my favorite, I like it more and more with each use. Very feminine.

Cereza
Cereza

Tuberose and cinnamon! Two of my favorite notes in one perfume. I was really excited to try this.
And "Cedre" really delivers, luscious tuberose with warm, sensual cinnamon and clove. Really interesting combo, cedar itself is very well behaved, appears a tiny bit like pencil shavings, but always stays in the background giving a slightly clean and soapy vibe to the whole composition.

This is a marvelous perfume for tuberose lovers. And you don't really have to love cedar to enjoy this, everything is very well blended.
I have to admit one downside though - it lasts only five hours.

Most of all I feel the cedar, tuberose, cloves and amber notes in this fragrance.

Really woody scent. But I can't say that the cedar note seems truly enough to me.

Anyway, it doesn't seem to me catchy. And I even think that it's more suitable for men.

I'm so so sorry Serge! I really like SL fragrances pretty much across the board but this one is a personal preference nightmare.
I like Tuberose & Cedar and Amber (even clove in small doses) but mix them all together and you get a gross cider urine accord!
That's what I get in the opening...PISS.
That's right.
However, after that initial half hour or so the tuberose becomes pleasant and the drydown is really nice, with the cedar and amber coming through.
Unfortunately I can't just focus on base notes although they're arguably more important.
This is a interesting fragrance I don't hate it by any means the opening is just harsh for me that's all.

nakedcity
nakedcity

Uncle Serge does it again! A soap opera where the tuberose is the star, yet it gets pushed to the side by a neon-orange cedar, they struggle until the drydown when a dirty musk comes from behind the scenes and restores the peace. Fantastic.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

This is a stunning and opulent tuberose scent on my skin. I smell no cedar in it . It's sweet but not cloying . The tuberose here is past it's glory , fully mature and starting to wilt . It's mixed with a smoky amber and resins . The only other tuberose that resembles this one a little is Tuberose Animale . Silage and lasting power are beautiful . Perfect for cold weather , rich and elegant , screams luxury .

NebelGeîst
NebelGeîst

On me the opening is sweet with almost only tuberose. it gets a bit balmy and woody after a few minutes, but the tuberose stays strong, the smell is like tuberose blossoms floating in sirup, with some wood shavings or pencil shavings fell into it..
the futher development is slow. The tuberose steps a bit back every few minutes but still stays strong, the amber and wood notes get more prominent but still stay in the background.
I don´t get any cinnamon, clove or musk notes on my skin most time.
Sillage in the opening is heavy, but thats only because of the tuberose, and as it steps back in the drydown, the scent stays closer to the skin. When the tuberose finally gets less prominent than the amber/cedar, the sillage is moderate to soft.
On me, the tuberose never disappears completely. It is still not far behind the wood and amber, when they step outside the shadow of the white blossom and take control of the drydown. Well, this controle is not flawless, as I said, the tuberose is never far behind, as it´s willed to come back (but fortunetaly is not successfull).
Longevity isn´t best. And when the scent starts to disappear, there´s the only moment, when I get a hint of another note. I guess it´s the cinnamon, but it does not smell like the spicier cassia, more like ceylon cinnamon, but very faint.

Due to the never leaving tuberose with the heavily sweet opening I´d say this is much more on the female side of unisex, or a complete woman´s scent. At least with my skin chemistry. If carefully layered with a faint tobacco note it would be more wearable for a man.

I can wear flowery and/or sweet frags if I´m in the right mood, but Cédre is not for me.

rethsarah called it.

Cedre has one of the BEST dry downs I have ever experienced. The opening didn't win me over, but the base made me buy the bottle. I am finally beginning to understand why so many people on this site describe themselves as base note-oriented, and why natural perfumer Charna Ethier urges blossoming perfumers to always "build from the base up."

The base of Cedre is nothing short of magical. I carelessly sprayed the last of my sample on a scarf. A few days later I found myself frantically clawing through piles of dirty clothes, trying to figure out where that heavenly scent was emanating from. When I finally grabbed the scarf and held it up to my face, I found myself racking my brain thinking, "God! What could that BE!!? What IS that!!? I know it from somewhere but I can't remember where! It just smells so expensive, multifaceted and solemnly gorgeous-"
It was Cedre.

christianne1
christianne1

This starts out as cedar and clove but quickly transitions into a woody, spicy tuberose, then finally into something soft and sweet....and like nothing you would have ever expected in the first 5-10 minutes of smelling it. After about 20 minutes it settles into an almost honey like musky amber scent.

This is a unique fragrance, as usual for Serge Lutens....and as usual, there is this deep mysterious oddball quality about it that sort of leaves your head spinning and wanting to know more, wanting to try it again...and determined to figure out the mystery of it.

puncturedbicycle
puncturedbicycle

Beautiful for the first five minutes - first a blast of cedar, then the tuberose comes through - and then it somehow becomes a different scent altogether, sickly sweet, dusty, musty and overheated, like an old lady's airless house. Oddly it didn't seem to get softer as it developed but something headachy at its core became even stronger and overtook everything. I loved it on first sniff and within an hour it had become a scrubber.

marktn73
marktn73

The only perfume that smells really like the essential oil of cedar wood atlas. Beautiful.

meama
meama

158) Tubéreuse pour homme.
Elle s'ouvre comme Tubéreuse criminelle et puis elle est adoucie par l'ambre et masculanisée par le cédre pour aboutir à une sensation classique chez Lutens de douceur de bois confit.

Men tuberose.
It opens as Tubéreuse Criminelle and then is softened by amber and masculinized by cedar to achieve in a classic Lutens feeling of candied wood sweetness.

Shorokh
Shorokh

A very aggressive tuberose opening on me. It smelled very heavy, greasy, sexy, almost obscene! But...
I`m not so much a tuberose lover. Maybe this is the reason why it disappeared so quickly from my skin. It stayed only around 10 minutes, then it was gone to never come back.
And it gave room to His Majesty The Cedar, slightly seasoned with cinnamon and cloves. It smells like inside a cedar box in which those spices were transported from exotic countries, together with amber and musk. Nice as all the masterpieces by Lutens but I wouldn`t like to smell like a wood box.

rethsarah
rethsarah

Cèdre is not your typical green cedar. It is a cleared area in a deep forgotten cedar forest, rich with tuberose still misty from a light rain the previous evening... but now the sun is out again. The spicy undergrowth, the honeyed wood are heating up. The air is still and slightly cool, but the sun's hot rays warm the forest floor.

At first it's all cloves, cinnamon and cedar. Then a soft, cold tuberose appears. I feel the cloves heating up on my skin. Strange. Somebody else said spiced apple cider, which sounds right. In the distance, far away but nearing is a thick, syrupy concoction. Could it be the amber? Labdanum? The cloves and cinnamon still burn hot on my skin while the boozy tuberose sits quietly in the shadows; a strong supporting player, but not remotely front stage.

Then later, the syrup and cloves fade and we are left with a sweet spicy musk, complex; beautifully blended. The tuberose and cedar melange are delicate, cool, floating higher than the spicy, honeyed amber, which sits close to my skin.

Do I like it? Yes, very much, despite the cloves, which I'm not usually too fond of. Would I wear it? I don't know. It's so unlike my usual go-tos, but it's a pleasure to have it on. I want to smell it because I'm curious. I want to track its development. It fascinates me.

EDIT: Depending on the weather, the opening can be a bit too sweet but by God.. this consistently has one of the most gorgeous dry downs I've ever experienced.

Yamba1
Yamba1

This was not what I had expected from a perfume named 'Cedre'. The opening notes were a clash of cloves and cedar and for a few minutes it seemed these two were playing out some sort of war of attrition. I wasn't sure who would win. This was a fleeting phase and shortly they both settled to allow the amber, cinnamon and tuberose rise from the battlefield. Oh wow. This is good stuff. It has the classic Lutens DNA but the tuberose gives this an ethereal quality that seems to give these rich notes a lighter touch. As I write this, the tuberose is developing a wonderful animalic note.

Other have noted that this is similar to Amouage Memoir Woman and I agree, however the point of difference with this one is the absence of leather which made Memoir Woman a little too heavy for me. I also see a similarity with Histoires Tubereuse 3 Animale.

This is FB worthy for me!

The name Cedre can be a little misleading. Surprisingly this is a soapy and elegant tuberose fragrance, with a spicy and woodsy drydown. The cedar note is barely evident in this fragrance's composition, so don't go expecting any masculine woodsiness while testing Cedre.

Surprises aside, I really love this fragrance. I would go so far to say that this is one of my favourites from the house of Serge Lutens.

The tuberose opening is clean, feminine and smooth, with a subtle hint of spicy cinnamon and clove. The more the fragrance develops, the stronger the spices in turn become. I find it to be a really pleasant balance between spicy and soapy.

During the heart and drydown, Serge Lutens' signature amber note reigns supreme. The overall blend, to my nose, smells heavenly. It is lush and warm at the same time. A rather unique and fascinating fragrance to say the least.

For the most part, Cedre strikes me as being quite feminine and polite on the skin, however I could picture a man wearing it too. It has a fairly strong presence without being too overbearing.

Like most fragrances from this house, Cedre lasts the entire day. It's a complex scent, but also an easy one to wear and enjoy. I'm surprised that I hadn't discovered Cedre earlier. You would think that it would be more popular than it is. Either way, it needs to be more recognised. I highly recommend.

raw umber

Cedre is a rich amber fragrance opening with cinnamon and labdanum. It contains that signature Lutens rich amber "hum", though the intensely resinous cedar like the living tree, or freshly chopped firewood in the composition gives it clarity, preventing it from turning into a syrupy mess. It's more like a wood-burning stove baking up fresh cinamon buns.

Cedre has an effervescent quality like an artisan-crafted all-natural birch beer, and the labdanum makes the sweetness smooth, warm, and wearable. It is a basket of sweet and spicy offerings from the forest floor to the canopy. It is the sweetness found naturally in forest air, distilled.

The longer I wear it, the more I notice new and beautiful details. The tuberose is more of a stage hand than a lead role, virtually invisible, just there to keep everything together and running smoothly.

Cedre projects moderately, and its longevity is average. This fragrance takes some time to warm up to, but it sparkles on the skin. This may be my favorite Lutens to date.

This is an interesting alternative to those cooler cedars which are greener and lean on the drier woody side of the material. Serge Lutens Cedre is cedar that has been warmed and honeyed by the Summer Sun soaking into it all day, with a bee hive suspended from its branches, and the aroma of other spicy plants and earthy elements floating in the forest air.

It is nature magically transformed into an all-natural confection, sweet and spicy as candy, but without a trace of kawaii.

id
id

nice, warm spicy and soft. A little bit sweet but very comfortable. I dont like tuberose, but it works very well together with amber and cinnamon. Delicious!

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

To my nose the top notes of this fragrance are a classic even vintage masculine cedar spice scent, strong on the cedar. When it seems to be calming down and the spices have a chance to shine, Miss Tuberose appears in the drydown and does her best to steal the show. She dances on Cedar's treetrunk, throws his needles around, and even tries to put a floral lampshade on her head. But it is to no avail. She cannot erase cedar's heavy scent and cedar cannot evict tuberose.

As another reviewer said, during and after the drydown cedar and tuberose fight for hegemony of the scent for hours, to the exclusion of other notes. This results in a scent that I could never wear -- a classic masculine with sweet tuberose on top. These notes mix like oil and water. They don't. Maybe a man could pull this off but I certainly could not and do not want to try. Just because it says Serge Lutens on the bottle does not mean it will always be fabulous.

Osrockoo
Osrockoo

Tried around 15 serge lutens perfumes today and Cedre was one of the best of the bunch I expected ambre sultan to be the best , this one won, chergui was second, beautiful

fuggerone
fuggerone

you can eat this smell!

nofixedstars
nofixedstars

I've tested Cedre on myself and on the gentleman friend...in neither case was it a heavy perfume, or notably sweet, and in neither case was the tuberose dominant. On me, it develops readily into a very pleasant creamy-woody-slightly spicy scent, which lasts for several hours without significant change other than to become ever creamier. Very nice; not a candidate for my signature scent, but definitely enjoyable, and effortlessly unisex. The cedar in it doesn't shout at you, but is present as a deep wood note. On the boyfriend, it becomes a quite different thing; the cedar is dialed up, in a good way. Tuberose does not jump out, as mentioned, and I smell cloves---or at least something spicier than I got when wearing it myself. It seems like the musk component is more present on him as well. The creaminess is very present on him as well, rounding out a most enticing scent. I'm contemplating buying a full bottle for him to wear...Thumbs up---for the gentlemen who want something alluring and rounded yet masculine, and for the ladies who might crave a wood-anchored treat as well.
Edit, 9/17/12: This has grown on me significantly---I find myself wearing it day after day. It seems to last rather well, and I find that I like it more and more. Just bought a full bottle, and I'm really enjoying it.

spumyland
spumyland

oggi provo cedre.
dal tappo penso alle bigbubble di prima generazione, quelle blu' e rosa.poi esplode tuberosa in abbondanza e a tratti cannella calda. cedre e' piu' donna.
la tuberosa non e' il mio fiore preferito.
purtroppo mi da' di chimico pungente e sul polso mi si attacca tipo colla di coniglio.:-((animalic)
probabilmente la sento solo io altrimenti me lo avrebbero fatto notare...
fortunatamente dopo un paio d'ore si calma un po'.non male, ma purtroppo non fa' per la mia pelle.
peccato.

vdxl
vdxl

A fragrance in which both cedar and tuberose fight to get the main role, but both win ( or loose). It is not as shocking as Tubereuse Criminelle. It still plays an ode to cedar, being woody and incensey. Actually, the cedar note is Mr. Lutens' favorite and has been explored throughout a lot of his other fragrances: Arabie, Feminite du Bois, Bois et Fruits, Bois de Violette, Chergui, Bois Oriental, Bois et Musc, Serge Noire, El Attarine. All of them have an important Cedarwood note. And still, Mr Lutens doesn't repeat himself, which is great...

fanny
fanny

Yes yes yes yes.
How well the combination of heavy tuberose with musk, amber and cinnamon works.
One of my fav Lutens for 2 months already.
Such a mysterious and dark fragrance.
Such inexpressible visions it represents.
Cèdre, to me, is like a soulmate.

darkhorse
darkhorse

Cedre hits me in the heart.
This is who I think I am, in mind and soul: ambiguous.

It opens heavy, and it stays that way:
the longevity is grandiose.

Akahina
Akahina

I bought this blind! I just had to, I found a really good deal on a tester bottle and have been searching for something sweet with tuberose that was also something I could wear as a man. From the reviews and Luckyscent's scale that shows this as being on the masculine side, I decided to go for it!

The first blast from this fragrance is heavy and rich, maybe a bit medicinal. (I don't mind that at all!) And I for one do smell cedar from the very beginning, but I almost have to think about cedar to smell it because this one is blended so well that no single note powers to the front. It is as if the cedar woodiness is tempered by the tuberose which itself is not at all cloying. I have smelled Tubereuse Criminelle and found it to be over the top with tuberose and smelled like soap to me, and was very feminine. Not Cédre.

This is a tuberose scent but so well blended that it is not a pure tuberose by any stretch of the imagination. (I grow tuberose and know the smell well in flower form.) I find both a lot of white flowers and a musky background with a lot of amber and just enough cedar to make it interesting and make it more wearable. There is a spiciness that has to be the cinnamon and cloves but those notes are so well incorporated that it is hard to detect for me. I get a syrupy dark honey feel. Some people have said it smells of spiced apples or cider, I don't get that feeling.

This one has an "old" vibe to it. Not in a bad way, but something that smells like a classic sweet scent, but unlike a lot of things that smell old, this one does not have even a hint of powder which is great because I hate powder.

Would I buy this again? Not sure...I love this one and I have a feeling it will grow on me. But I have Ambre Sultan and these two both share the amber feeling. Very glad I have this one though. At last a tuberose scent I can actually wear.

mickers
mickers

Reminds me of Ambre Narguile....has that warm rich apple pie smell

With the veritable flood of cedar-rich perfumes and colognes on the market--many of which appear to feature iso-E-super--it will likely surprise many to find that Serge Lutens CEDRE is nearly (if not completely...) devoid of that note! I'm sure that many gentlemen were probably expecting Serge's take on the cedar cologne. But no, nothing of the sort is found in CEDRE!

Instead, CEDRE appears to be a metaphorically named tribute or ode to cedar. It is sometimes suggested that the most important part of a text is the blank space--what is not said--and that's my best guess of the explanation for the near (or total...) absence of cedar from this composition. I seriously doubt that the perfumer somehow "forgot" to include cedar, so there has to be another explanation.

CEDRE is a fairly sweet floriental perfume which is very tame and almost mainstream relative to the typical offerings of this house. The tuberose is not loud enough to warrant calling this a tuberose perfume, it seems to me. There is a gentle florality along with a measured spiciness (nothing like most of Serge's orientals...) all of which is tinged with a likeable sweetness.

This perfume seems more feminine than masculine to me. To pay tribute to cedar, which figures in many, many masculine colognes, this creation offers a counterbalancing feminine collection of complementary notes.

Vespertine__Milo
Vespertine__Milo

This is a beautiful, old school type of musc and ambra perfume with warm woody elements which give it the secret aura of older type of mystery story. It develops gracefully and closely on skin with some
physiological sweetness and flowers. Interesting and not typical.

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

I don't know if on skin evolve much then paper ,but with my test it was musc and only musc.
Type of middle eastern little essence from musc.
Very mature ,very sweet,very powdery not unique at all and shoking fact that it doesn't give me a woody smell.
Maybe i should try it on my skin.
Longevity and projection seems extraordinary!

jtd
jtd

Looking over the reviews of Cèdre I realize I’m one of only a handful who actually like it. Yes, the name’s a bit odd, but only a bit. If you’re looking for the airy, crystalline cedar of the Lutens Bois perfumes you won’t find it here. What’s here is the oily, dusty cedar like straight-up cedar essential oil. The oily quality mixes with the syrup of the amber and the booze of the camphorous tuberose.

Floriental usually implies the hybrid friendliness of amber fragrances and prettiness of florals. Cèdre subverts the genre, being more melancholic than affable, alluring rather than pretty. Lutens is considered to have reinvented the oriental. Maybe this is his reinvented floriental.

Singabera

For me it's not woody at all, more floral. It's quite chemical smell, but there is smth in it makes me like it) The first notes are really loud and medicine, and base is good - calm and sexy...

eid-althani
eid-althani

oh god help me words cant describe this soft spicey perfu what i smell is happey celebration of tuberose and anemalic musk and honey sweet honey

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

A sweet woody fragrance. The tuberose shines through over the cedar.

chance25
chance25

This a very unique scent. If I think of cedar I get a clear picture of what it smells like and the same with tuberose. This on the other hand smells like industrial products. Shoe polish and band aids are what come to mind. Yes, a very unique scent indeed.

I don't get any tuberose at all in this, though it's possible that it's a background note adding layers. Mostly, it's a rich, deep, slightly woody oriental with amber notes, a faint luminous edge of polite cedar and just a suggestion of cola, like Tabu blended for men. It is definitely an unisex scent, though, and I would consider it formal, as it is heavy and complex, smelling expensive and fancy without smelling vulgar. Not my thing, really, but splendid on someone else. A definite heavy oriental.

Marangoni
Marangoni

My signature fragrance, and I 've never been faithful to a perfume until now. Very " distingué", tremendously " chic", and at the same time very warm, like a second skin, very safe. It carries you from day to night in a surprising number of occasions. Fantastic sillage, enters the room before you do and turns heads. Sparkling, brilliant, extraordinary. Un parfum d' exception.

ferrari
ferrari

Sweet tuberose changing with a wet woodie. One minutes i can feel toberose, and lates wood, after som time come back toberose.

Auguszta
Auguszta

This should be called Cider instead of Cedre - it smells like apple cider to me, but it's brilliant nonetheless.
First there's a boozy burst of spiced apples, strong, zesty, aromatic. The clove and cinnamon are evident from the start and stick with us all the way.
As the cider note calms down a bit (it never really disappears), the slightest whisper of cedar emerges. I never get more cedar than at this stage, which is fine with me as I enjoy it anyway. Then the tuberose steps forward, but it's not the lethal kind we know from Fracas, it's far more subdued and well-behaved.
The scent gets sweeter and sweeter as it evolves and turns into a very sweet, still spicy musk in the end with the apple cider note still detectable. I agree with the other reviewers, it's very cosy and warm.
I've heard people say it's masculine - now that I don't agree with at all. I have a hard time imagining a man wearing this.

One word of warning: there's no such thing as wearing Cedre for a day. It sticks to you like a second layer of skin and will still be there the next day. It won't just linger, it will be full on. Be prepared.

flannelman
flannelman

Cedar? There isn't *that* much of it in Lutens' Cèdre! Not to this nose, anyway! The opening is a very strong, flowery burst of tuberose. Spices then build rapidly into the picture. And so is the rather extreme sweetness. The top and middle parts of Cèdre feel a lot like a trickly sweet, syrupy concoction with some cinnamon and cloves thrown in in moderate quantities. It remains also quite flowery for a couple of hours. This certainly does not smell like what you instinctively expect from a cedar fragrance. You have to wait quite a long time to smell anything woody, buried inside a warm, very ambery (and still syrupy) drydown. When the base notes starts developing, Cèdre gets less intriguing, cosier and, to me, more comfortable. An interesting curiosity, but I would have no idea when to wear it...Sillage and longevity are very good.

jeca
jeca

A warm woody scent with peppery sweet notes.

Cedre by Serge Lutens 3.72 out of 5 based on 508 ratings and 78 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Serge Lutens Cedre fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Serge Lutens Cedre, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cedre by Serge Lutens. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cedre by Serge Lutens represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.